Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 11, 2019 3:09 AM

Jun 2019
Finally, people start to generally acknowledge the quality of Chihayafuru and the haters community will not stay at rest. By some miracle, all the recent 1/10 given are from people who gave 10/10 to Vinland but did not watch Chihayafuru seasons 1 and 2... Seems that some people will never grow up.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenNov 13, 2019 5:50 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2019 3:51 AM

May 2018
It's not the first time Vinland Saga fans does this. Previously when Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 ranked higher than Vinland Saga in currently airing,Vinland Saga fans does the same thing too.Good thing Vinland Saga manga is coming to an end. What a cancerous fanbase.
Nov 11, 2019 4:12 AM

May 2019
Thats so sad, i love both series.
Nov 11, 2019 4:35 AM

Jun 2019
@Gorochu That's sad to learn this. It seems that we repeat at a smaller scale the SnK/FMA clash of this summer, but hopefully, Chihayafuru fanbase is less puerile than the average shounen fan and there will not be any "retaliations"...

@Kobayasan Yeah, this is too bad. Even if I would only give a 7-8 to Vinland out what I have watched yet, it would not come to my mind to change it to 1. I actually gave 1 to only one anime, but it really had huge issues with pacing, storytelling, characters, and I almost dropped it...
Nov 11, 2019 6:02 AM

Oct 2019
Meusnier said:
Finally, people start to generally acknowledge the quality of Chihayafuru and the haters community will not stay at rest. By some miracle, all the recent 1/10 given are from people who gave 10/10 to Vinland but did not watch Chihayafuru seasons 1 and 2... Seems that some people will never grow up.

I know thats so sad!! But.. while Chihayafuru might have a ridiculously small fanbase we make up for it in dedication for it.. You saw it too right? Almost immediatly after the ranking goes down it jumps right back! Especially with a new episode soon to come out.. I wouldnt be too worried! Theres no way the haters can stop us!!

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenNov 13, 2019 5:51 PM
Nov 11, 2019 6:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I honestly don’t care about the ongoing Vinland Saga v Chihayafuru battle, I’m just super glad that the score of this season is 8.50+ because it totally deserves it!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
Oh hell, I'm enjoying this Japanese Weed 10/10!
Nov 11, 2019 8:39 AM

May 2012
I like both Vinland Saga vs Chihayafuru

But Vinland Saga is top anime for me in this season.
Nov 11, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
Imagine hate-scoring other shows so that the one you like looks better on MAL.
Nov 11, 2019 4:13 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
I honestly don’t care about the ongoing Vinland Saga v Chihayafuru battle, I’m just super glad that the score of this season is 8.50+ because it totally deserves it!

8.5+? Wait until it adapts the upcoming chapters. It can easily go beyond 8.8 or even touch 9 by the time this season ends. They will need a lot of work to keep it below VS.

Also, VS manga is ending soon. There you go. These trolls will probably never see a sequel of their favourite anime. So, let them enjoy downvoting.

The garbage of MAL are:
FMA:B, HxH (2011), S;G, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho and now Vinland Saga. The worst of the worst.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 11, 2019 9:19 PM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

8.5+? Wait until it adapts the upcoming chapters. It can easily go beyond 8.8 or even touch 9 by the time this season ends. They will need a lot of work to keep it below VS.

Also, VS manga is ending soon. There you go. These trolls will probably never see a sequel of their favourite anime. So, let them enjoy downvoting.

The garbage of MAL are:
FMA:B, HxH (2011), S;G, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho and now Vinland Saga. The worst of the worst.

May I ask why you put Sora yori in that list? Idk ive seen it and it was pretty good.. is the fanbase that bad?
Nov 11, 2019 10:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:

I can’t wait for that to happen! Anyway, having this season go past 8.5 score in the first place is quite something considering the previous two seasons rank below this mark, and this is what I meant.

shanimebib said:

The garbage of MAL are:

I happen to be a huge fan of all these shows listed so I’m afraid I can’t agree with you on this.

I figured Sora Yori would be a show you’d like though, and it’s fanbase isn’t even that contagious or corrupt is it?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Sep 2010
It's nothing new, it's been happening at MAL forever. And the haters don't appear only from the current running show. The moment any new series enters the top 50, it immediately gets the same treatment. (Not to mention there is also the scourge known as Boku no hero academia season 4 coming out in the exact same season.)

At the same time however, Chihayafuru season 3 doesn't deserve it's score just yet. There were only 5 episodes so far after all but since anyone who watches season 3 is absolute fanboy of it, we all gave it 9 or 10. (hell I gave it 10, even though there are less than 10 shows that got that much from me over the years) It will deserve this 10 after few next episodes though because Chihaya vs Taichi is one of best matches in the entire series.

Still in the end, since there aren't that many people watching this godly series, the situation won't change. But who knows, a third season of a series with long gap might just gain some popularity after all, especially since the current season is rather bad.

Nov 12, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2007
Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

The garbage of MAL are:

May I ask why you put Sora yori in that list? Idk ive seen it and it was pretty good.. is the fanbase that bad?

Yes. Yorimoi has a lot of upvotes/downvotes troll in it. All the SoL got downvoted by YoriMoi trolls. I emailed my concern to Luna (MAL Admin) after finding it out.

YoriMoi trolls downvoted the following shows: 3-gatsu no Lion S2, Clannad After Story, Violet Evergarden, Chihayafuru S2, Aria the Origination, Natsume Yuujinchou, Non Non Biyori, Tamako Market, Ano Hana, Love Live School Idol Project, Hyouka, Sakurasou, K-On!, Nichijou, Yoru Camp, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, Usagi Drop, Hachimitsu to Clover, Gin no Saji, Hinamatsuri. Their latest victim was Fruits Basket Season 1.

@_MushiRock11_: Unfortunately it's the case whether you agree or not. FMA:B (the absolute worst), HxH (2011) and S;G are comprised of 90% of the troll votes.

YoriMoi is the worst for downvoting all the SoL. The anime with many viewers were less unaffected. The anime with less viewers got heavily affected. Since YoriMoi aired, most of the SoL got the rating dropped between .05 to .25.
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2019 8:09 AM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
Fionavar said:

Yes. Yorimoi has a lot of upvotes/downvotes troll in it. All the SoL got downvoted by YoriMoi trolls. I emailed my concern to Luna (MAL Admin) after finding it out.

YoriMoi trolls downvoted the following shows: 3-gatsu no Lion S2, Clannad After Story, Violet Evergarden, Chihayafuru S2, Aria the Origination, Natsume Yuujinchou, Non Non Biyori, Tamako Market, Ano Hana, Love Live School Idol Project, Hyouka, Sakurasou, K-On!, Nichijou, Yoru Camp, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, Usagi Drop, Hachimitsu to Clover, Gin no Saji, Hinamatsuri. Their latest victim was Fruits Basket Season 1.

@_MushiRock11_: Unfortunately it's the case whether you agree or not. FMA:B (the absolute worst), HxH (2011) and S;G are comprised of 90% of the troll votes.

YoriMoi is the worst for downvoting all the SoL. The anime with many viewers were less unaffected. The anime with less viewers got heavily affected. Since YoriMoi aired, most of the SoL got the rating dropped between .05 to .25.

Shit.. im so very sorry to hear that.. Its a shame when a genuinely good anime is ruined by its fanbase.. isnt there anything we can do about this? I mean this should have been stopped long time ago if they already caused this much damage..
Nov 12, 2019 8:45 AM

Jun 2019
shanimebib said:

Guess that I was right not to restrict to shounen fans... Really sad to learn this.

@shanimebib You should not say that the show will reach +9, or I will not be able to wait for the end of the 24 episodes to watch it at once in a few days!
Nov 12, 2019 10:45 AM
Aug 2015
As a manga reader, I predicted that S3 will go through the roof.
And we're just getting started, that's just the warm up, you're not ready for the 2nd part os S3
Nov 12, 2019 10:54 AM
May 2019
When comparing scores you should also take into account amount of members that anime has.
Vinland Saga has 246000 members with a score of 8.57, Chihayafuru 3 has 38000 members with a score of 8.57 which is considerably lower compared to first season that had 267,376 members and second season that had 142,854 members.
Also Chihayafuru is sequel which means most of the people that didn't like it dropped out so naturally the score is going to be high.
So I would say that Vinland Saga wins overall.
XstasyNov 12, 2019 11:04 AM
Nov 12, 2019 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

Shit.. im so very sorry to hear that.. Its a shame when a genuinely good anime is ruined by its fanbase.. isnt there anything we can do about this? I mean this should have been stopped long time ago if they already caused this much damage..

You are not the only one to get hurt. Sometimes I wish I had not found out. Check my posts in YoriMoi threads. I love it like there's no tomorrow. I was sure to love it even before it aired.

I am huge fan of Hanada Jukki who wrote the scripts/screenplay for some of my adored anime such as Hibike! Euphonium, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, Steins;Gate, Love Love!, K-On!, Nichijou, Natsume Yuujinchou, Tamako Market and many more and to see some of his works getting downvoted by trolls because of his YoriMoi was heart breaking and really frustrating.
Coronavirus.
Nov 12, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2019
Xstasy said:
When comparing scores you should also take into account amount of members that anime has.
Vinland Saga has 246000 members with a score of 8.57, Chihayafuru 3 has 38000 members with a score of 8.57 which is considerably lower compared to first season that had 267,376 members and second season that had 142,854 members.
Also Chihayafuru is sequel which means most of the people that didn't like it dropped out so naturally the score is going to be high.

What does it means that it "wins"? I really think that there is no such point to make in this discussion... The shows are completely different, so I do not really think that we can compare them and say that one is superior to the other... or inferior^^. And the subject here was that Vinland fans were offended anyway and acted as kids. I am not even comparing the hype between the two shows which can be responsible of huge "artificial" change of the global average.

Finally, even if it is well-known that sequels tend to have a better score, this is clearly not always the case. Index III (-1 point compared to Index II), Natsume (modest growth over four seasons and decrease in S5), and I am sure that we can come up with many more examples of the kind etc...
Nov 12, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2019
Meusnier said:
Xstasy said:

What does it means that it "wins"? I really think that there is no such point to make in this discussion... The shows are completely different, so I do not really think that we can compare them and say that one is superior to the other... or inferior^^. And the subject here was that Vinland fans were offended anyway and acted as kids. I am not even comparing the hype between the two shows which can be responsible of huge "artificial" change of the global average.

Finally, even if it is well-known that sequels tend to have a better score, this is clearly not always the case. Index III (-1 point compared to Index II), Natsume (modest growth over four seasons and decrease in S5), and I am sure that we can come up with many more examples of the kind etc...

This are the current stats for Chihayafuru 3:

10 28.4% (865 votes)
9 31.5% (961 votes)
8 25.2% (768 votes)
7 10.2% (310 votes)
6 2.2% (68 votes)
5 0.9% (28 votes)
4 0.3% (9 votes)
3 0.1% (3 votes)
2 0.1% (3 votes)
1 1.0% (31 votes)

As you can see most of the anime viewers haven't scored it yet and out of those that have only 1% has given it score 1. So it's not that big of a problem.
Immature fans unfortunately exist within every large fandom.

Nov 12, 2019 12:57 PM
Dec 2014
People do that ?! Lol what’s wrong with them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
you learn something new on mal every day. So vinland saga and yorimoi do have cancer fans that downvote shows. This needs to stop, come on, with all due respect, chihayafuru is a girly somewhat obscure show, why would you even do that shit!

And a question, is madhouse animation still cool? I heard there were some problems these last years, does chihayafuru has the atmosphere, the color, the you know what?
Nov 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Jun 2019
Catalano said:
you learn something new on mal every day. So vinland saga and yorimoi do have cancer fans that downvote shows. This needs to stop, come on, with all due respect, chihayafuru is a girly somewhat obscure show, why would you even do that shit!

And a question, is madhouse animation still cool? I heard there were some problems these last years, does chihayafuru has the atmosphere, the color, the you know what?

Chihayafuru has a great animation and art direction from the beginning. And Chihayafuru is not an average shoujo/josei show, and cannot be just qualified as "girly" (I was also fooled at the time when I saw the key visual of S1 or worst the opening). There is at times (I should say most of the time!) a great shounen/competition vibe, and a comparison which pops up in my mind is Bakuman; I had a similar feeling of excitement in both shows. There are strong male leaders portrayed quite realistically, like Taichi (
), Arata, Harada-sensei, and I can really relate to some of them. And Chihaya is not just the next stupid innocent girl like in shows I hate (Kimi ni todokanai de hoshii just to name one...), but one of the few interesting female leads of animation (character growth, will, etc...).

Finally, the relationship with Japanese traditional poetry (and culture) is extremely well-treated in my opinion and not boring at all as one may expect. Of course, there is romance, but up to S2, maybe 10% romance and 60% of karuta, and 30% of slice of life. But I admit that the covers are really girly.
Nov 12, 2019 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
@Meusnier thanks, it really helped, sooner or later I'll watch it, but for the moment I'm already reading too many shoujo manga, one more and I'll see flowers every time I meet a close friend (just a joke)
Nov 12, 2019 2:05 PM

Jun 2019
Catalano said:
@Meusnier thanks, it really helped, sooner or later I'll watch it, but for the moment I'm already reading too many shoujo manga, one more and I'll see flowers every time I meet a close friend (just a joke)

Your welcome! Haha, the first funny thing I read today, thank you for that.
Nov 12, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2016
@shanimebib I didn't realize YoriMoi fans did that. Really hate the fact that they and FMA:B fans do, since those are 2 of my all time favorite series, I'd really rather they not have that stigma. The score contests on MAL are obnoxious. I appreciate the scores generally as a metric, but hate how they're used as a weapon.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 12, 2019 7:51 PM

May 2018
Yes, it's ranked highest again in current airing.
Nov 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Jun 2019
Gorochu said:

Indeed, +0.03 since I post this topic, hope that the Vinland dudes do not find out about it!
MeusnierNov 13, 2019 7:49 AM
Nov 13, 2019 2:05 AM
Dec 2014
Gorochu said:

Totally deserve it ! this season is a magnificent piece of art
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2019 2:46 AM

Sep 2011
We can assume that most bots and downvoting haters give targetted shows 1.
We can also assume that 1, 2, 3 and 4 are scores which for most people indicate that a show is bad.

There isn't a single show from this season that has over twice as much 1 as they have 2, 3, and 4 combined besides Chihayafuru 3.
Even a show such as LoGH which has been attacked by haters or bots many times doesn't have twice as much 1 as 2, 3, and 4 combined.
And you say that sequels have it better. Not necessarily, especially shows that don't have large fanbases.
I have seen users

scoring Chihayafuru 3 low after presumably a single episode without watching previous seasons or after presumably watching a single episode of each season which shows that assumption that only people who watched previous seasons are going to watch next season is not neccesarily correct, same goes for assumption that you have to like previous season to watch next.
Of course in cases of popular shows like Vinland Saga or Boku no Hero Academia 4 the influence of such cases is marginal but not in case of less popular shows like Chihayafuru 3 as all go by the rule of being inversely proportional to a number of all votes which currently is:
Vinland Saga - 55k
Boku no Hero Academia 4 - 33k
Chihayafuru 3 - 3k.
(and not like Xstasy suggested Vinland Saga 246k and Chihayafuru 38k)

Chihayafuru 3 has been airing for 3 weeks and Vinland Saga for over 4 months, also many people like to binge watch Chihayafuru.

Also shounens especially battle shounens have very often scores way higher than they actually deserve, for a simple reason that their fanbases are much more likely to give 10/10 to shows that are popular and overhyped and also 1/1 to shows that aren't.

Btw: Does anyone still taking care of multiple downvoting bot accounts issues? I haven't been on mal for some time but as much as I remember it was Kineta or Luna. If there still is a person who does this it would be nice to take care of those mentioned above.
Nov 13, 2019 3:19 AM

May 2019
Meusnier said:

MAL rankings are complete bullshit. Just enjoy the show. Don't focus too much on cancerous fanbase. This is not the first time this has happened.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenNov 13, 2019 5:52 PM
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 13, 2019 4:34 AM

Apr 2017
I've always loved Chihayafuru and I love you guys for being rational human beings with functional minds

Nov 13, 2019 6:07 AM
May 2019
Linaeris said:
We can also assume that 1, 2, 3 and 4 are scores which for most people indicate that a show is bad.

I would say that most MAL users consider anything below 7 to be bad, 7 is often seen as average on MAL.

Linaeris said:
There isn't a single show from this season that has over twice as much 1 as they have 2, 3, and 4 combined besides Chihayafuru 3.
Even a show such as LoGH which has been attacked by haters or bots many times doesn't have twice as much 1 as 2, 3, and 4 combined.
And you say that sequels have it better. Not necessarily, especially shows that don't have large fanbases.

10 29.0% (907 votes)
9 31.7% (992 votes)
8 24.8% (774 votes)
7 9.9% (311 votes)
6 2.1% (67 votes)
5 0.9% (29 votes)
4 0.3% (9 votes)
3 0.1% (3 votes)
2 0.1% (3 votes)
1 1.0% (32 votes)

As you can see it's not that big of a problem there are only 32 users that have given it a score of 1. Most of the users that are watching Chihayafuru 3 haven't given it a score yet.
Sequels usually have a higher score do to the fact that most of the people that didn't like the original dropped out although it's not always the case.

Linaeris said:
Vinland Saga - 55k
Chihayafuru 3 - 3k.

I was talking about the total number of members that anime have not the amount of people giving it a score, so my stats are correct.

Linaeris said:
Chihayafuru 3 has been airing for 3 weeks and Vinland Saga for over 4 months, also many people like to binge watch Chihayafuru.

Actually it's 6 weeks, and yes some people prefer to binge watch anime, but that is true for any anime including Chihayafuru and Vinland Saga so I don't see how it's relevant to current discussion.

Linaeris said:
Also shounens especially battle shounens have very often scores way higher than they actually deserve, for a simple reason that their fanbases are much more likely to give 10/10 to shows that are popular and overhyped and also 1/1 to shows that aren't.

There is no objective way to determine what anime deserves what score.
Some would argue that slice of life anime(clannad, working) and sports anime(3-gatsu no Lion, Haikyuu!!) are overrated.
Ultimetly the entire debate of Overrated/Underrated is pointless cause it usually boils down to:
Any show that I liked is underrated and any show that I didn't like is overrated.

Linaeris said:
Btw: Does anyone still taking care of multiple downvoting bot accounts issues? I haven't been on mal for some time but as much as I remember it was Kineta or Luna. If there still is a person who does this it would be nice to take care of those mentioned above.

Thread for reporting illegitimate accounts was locked.
Kineta said that they are going to address the problem on the backend level.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg58156821
Nov 13, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2007
Meusnier said:
Gorochu said:

Indeed, +0.3 since I post this topic, hope that the Vinland dudes do not find out about it!

0.03 you mean. 0.3 would enter it in the vision of HxH (2011) trolls, lol.
Coronavirus.
Nov 13, 2019 7:51 AM

Jun 2019
shanimebib said:
Meusnier said:

Indeed, +0.3 since I post this topic, hope that the Vinland dudes do not find out about it!

0.03 you mean. 0.3 would enter it in the vision of HxH (2011) trolls, lol.

Sorry, I was being too enthusiastic about it! I corrected it for future viewers (anyway now it's +0.04). Let's say plus +0.4 by April and SnK fans will start to sweat too.
Nov 13, 2019 9:12 AM

Oct 2019
Well shit seems like the haters found us..
Nov 13, 2019 9:15 AM

Oct 2018
Fionavar said:

Vinland Saga fans have arrived

From 1% 1/1 to 1.5% in no time

I'm not even watching this anime, but it still pisses me off, I just hate when this happens to any anime
-Aincrad-Nov 13, 2019 9:20 AM
Nov 13, 2019 9:18 AM

Jun 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Fionavar said:

Vinland Saga fags have arrived

Yes, I just noticed, between my post 8.60 and now 8.57... But it proves that they know how to read, which means that they are rational humans beings who will stop acting stupid, right?
Nov 13, 2019 9:18 AM

Oct 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Fionavar said:

Vinland Saga fans have arrived

I'm not even watching this anime, but it still pisses me off

What ive been doing the past couple weeks is recommend Chihayafuru to as many people as I can reach.. even if it doesnt change much it still feels great to know that I contributed to a couple of those 10/10's
Nov 13, 2019 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
Xstasy said:
Linaeris said:

I would say that most MAL users consider anything below 7 to be bad, 7 is often seen as average on MAL.

7 might be seen as average but it depends on what you are comparing. As of now score of 7,00 equals ~3800 out of over 11500 titles that are classified properly (have over 50 votes and are not hentai) which means only ~1/3 of total number of "all" shows are rated higher and ~2/3 are rated lower. So it sounds about right - 7/10 corresponds to 0,66.
Thing is though people are usually watching and focus on shows that they think would like because of their tastes and interests, friends' recommendations, esthetics, synopsis, reviews etc.
If they were forced to watch shows at random and then rate them it would be a different story. And that happens I presume less than once out of 10 times (watching completely blind not being forced ofc).

Xstasy said:

Linaeris said:

10 29.0% (907 votes)
9 31.7% (992 votes)
8 24.8% (774 votes)
7 9.9% (311 votes)
6 2.1% (67 votes)
5 0.9% (29 votes)
4 0.3% (9 votes)
3 0.1% (3 votes)
2 0.1% (3 votes)
1 1.0% (32 votes)

That just proves what I said earlier.

Xstasy said:

As you can see it's not that big of a problem there are only 32 users that have given it a score of 1. Most of the users that are watching Chihayafuru 3 haven't given it a score yet.
Sequels usually have a higher score do to the fact that most of the people that didn't like the original dropped out although it's not always the case.

First sentence is not true because it depends on how many of total votes there are for a given title. Also it is often a case that some - lets call them kindly - overly dedicated fans of other shows would not allow the growth of rating an anime which may overtake their own favorite. Which was the case and unfortunetly most likely will be in the future when a less popular anime has a similar rating to more popular show (already happened with Chihayafuru 3). The issue is more painful with "currently airing" low profile shows as it might be their biggest chance to get some attention and recognition among wider audience.

Xstasy said:

Linaeris said:
Vinland Saga - 55k
Chihayafuru 3 - 3k.

I was talking about the total number of members that anime have not the amount of people giving it a score, so my stats are correct.

Yes, stats are correct but trying to prove the point (about popualrity of Chihayafuru 3 in comparisson to season 2 and 1) using them at the moment is misguided.
Also suggesting at the same time that the amount of members and not votes influences the rating is another misguided thing - that would lessened the influence of those 32 "1" for Chihayafuru 3 directly (and look now it is 46 all of a sudden) and also lessened in comparison to Vinland Saga three times: form 55k / 3k ---> 18,33 to 246k / 38k ---> 6,47 (almost three times)

Xstasy said:

Linaeris said:

Actually it's 6 weeks, and yes some people prefer to binge watch anime, but that is true for any anime including Chihayafuru and Vinland Saga so I don't see how it's relevant to current discussion.

Chihayafuru 3 started airing in October 23rd so it is actually 3 weeks not 6. Kinda relevant when comparing how many members both shows currently have.

Xstasy said:

Linaeris said:

There is no objective way to determine what anime deserves what score.
Some would argue that slice of life anime(clannad, working) and sports anime(3-gatsu no Lion, Haikyuu!!) are overrated.
Ultimetly the entire debate of Overrated/Underrated is pointless cause it usually boils down to:
Any show that I liked is underrated and any show that I didn't like is overrated.

I disagree, ofc it will not be perfect no matter how hard anyone tries especially when there are many different aspects with different importance to different people but a certain amount of it is possible not that difficult and generally expected.

Xstasy said:

Linaeris said:

Thread for reporting illegitimate accounts was locked.
Kineta said that they are going to address the problem on the backend level.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg58156821

I see but also don't know why one would interfere with the other.
Nov 13, 2019 9:24 AM

Mar 2018
Certainly did not expect a series like this to have a cancerous fanbas taking themselves seriously in a fandom wars. I guess it's inescapable after all.

Blatant provoking aside... (not from me) no one going to mention y'all are talking about not even 50 1/10 votes?

And that they rated other series 10/10 as well and not just Vinland Saga?

Maybe this is just how wars on MAL go though, literally have no idea.

poop
Nov 13, 2019 9:24 AM
Dec 2014
Fionavar said:
what a fu**ing joke, for the love of god let people enjoy their great show !! Chihayafuru doesn’t deserve this at all
Nov 13, 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 2019
Esquirtit said:
Certainly did not expect a series like this to have a cancerous fanbas taking themselves seriously in a fandom wars. I guess it's inescapable after all.

Blatant provoking aside... (not from me) no one going to mention y'all are talking about not even 50 1/10 votes?

Excuse you? Chihayafuru has never really been doing well in terms of popularity.. hell it took so long for us to even get a third season.. If this season doesnt do well enough we might not ever get a 4th! Hence why it is so important for this season to have a high rating.. so that more people might check out the series in general(as well as the manga).. We have every right to be serious about this!
Nov 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
What do you know. It happened again. What a surprise from overly dedicated shounen fans.
Not that it matters to anyone...
Nov 13, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2018
Fionavar said:
Esquirtit said:

Excuse you? Chihayafuru has never really been doing well in terms of popularity.. hell it took so long for us to even get a third season.. If this season doesnt do well enough we might not ever get a 4th! Hence why it is so important for this season to have a high rating.. so that more people might check out the series in general(as well as the manga).. We have every right to be serious about this!

The rating and popularity on MAL have no impact.

poop
Nov 13, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2018
Esquirtit said:

It's not the amount of votes that matters, it's the proportion/percentage of the votes that counts.

And that's 1.6% now
Like 15 minutes ago it was 1.5, now it's 1.6%...

Pathetic haters/trolls
Nov 13, 2019 9:47 AM

Mar 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Esquirtit said:

The amount of votes doesn't matter, it's the proportion/percentage of the votes that counts.

And that's 1.6% now
Like 10 minutes ago it was 1.5 with 42 1/1 votes, now it's 1.6% with 50

Pathetic

I know that, I'm saying putting fandoms against each other is retarded when talking about a few people with bots (or too much free time).

It's kinda hilarious to keep track of it though.

There are like 10 accounts the same as this one
https://myanimelist.net/profile/biras93574

@Linaeris No impact on getting seasons in the future or not

EsquirtitNov 13, 2019 9:51 AM
poop
Nov 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Sep 2011
Esquirtit said:

If they don't then why not get rid of them?
Or at least for the time when a show is "currently airing" it would not have rating published.

@Esquirtit Direct impact on getting seasons in the future - most likely not; indirect - I wouldn't be so sure
LinaerisNov 13, 2019 10:08 AM
Nov 13, 2019 10:19 AM

Jun 2019
Linaeris said:
Esquirtit said:

If they don't then why not get rid of them?
Or at least for the time when a show is "currently airing" it would not have rating published.

@Esquirtit Direct impact on getting seasons in the future - most likely not; indirect - I wouldn't be so sure

It has impact, at least on future watchers, since I rarely pick up shows below 6 and for sure, I checked most of top 10-20 in terms of average and popularity. My first anime as a grown up was Death Note, and I think that this is not by chance...

Then I heard that only blu-ray sells matter for the future adaptations, but I wonder if critical success is taken in account or not in the sense that it might also improve future manga sells.
MeusnierNov 13, 2019 2:01 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

46 by fathandz »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

22 by mythical_k »»
May 27, 1:36 PM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.