Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2019 7:09 AM

Nov 2018
Although a lot are disappointed - evident by the contrast in scores between season 1 and 2, I've also heard quite a few say that peoples expectations were just too high and it's pretty good.

So what are your opinions on the season so far, and where do you think it'll go from here? Will we see a downgrade in animation as a the series goes on as with a lot of other shows due to the rushed production? I'll probably keep watching although the animation definitely doesn't live up to season 1 standards because the plot itself is pretty interesting so far.
ApricckApr 13, 2019 7:12 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 13, 2019 7:30 AM

Jan 2013
It let me know that most just watch it for the pretty colors aka animation and not for its story or characters, and only care for the studio not the staff within them.

Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Apr 13, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2016
RIP. I loved the season madhouse made
Apr 13, 2019 12:45 PM
Mar 2018
SRti0 said:
Although a lot are disappointed - evident by the contrast in scores between season 1 and 2, I've also heard quite a few say that peoples expectations were just too high and it's pretty good.

So what are your opinions on the season so far, and where do you think it'll go from here? Will we see a downgrade in animation as a the series goes on as with a lot of other shows due to the rushed production? I'll probably keep watching although the animation definitely doesn't live up to season 1 standards because the plot itself is pretty interesting so far.

Its incredible disappointing and i expect to get worst the longer it goes
Apr 13, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
To be fair, it would be nearly impossible for any studio to top season 1's visual quality...
Apr 13, 2019 2:00 PM

Jan 2016
looks ass i could do a better animation
Apr 13, 2019 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
The second episode is the make or break for this series to win over the disappointed fans, well at least most.
Apr 13, 2019 3:10 PM
Jul 2016
PeaceIsNoOption said:

then do it... although their work wasn't bad it's just lack of time
Apr 13, 2019 3:12 PM
Jul 2016
keragamming said:
The second episode is the make or break for this series to win over the disappointed fans, well at least most.

lol maybe they might was trying to save some of their time in episode 1 to work on episode 2 more
Apr 13, 2019 5:24 PM
Feb 2016
SRti0 said:

I expect the quality to get worse with the next episodes. It was confirmed they had only completed 2 episodes this Feb and they've been supposedly working on it for months. I'm already worried for the future of OPM and the aftermath it'll have on fans
Apr 13, 2019 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
How are we asking about opinions on the season of a show after one episode
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Apr 13, 2019 6:19 PM

Sep 2018
To be honest, the only thing that's changed for me is the drop in animation quality. The soundtrack still kicks major ass, we've got a really good villain, along with some other major characters, and it's kind of turned away from the more slice-of-life storytelling in the first season.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Apr 14, 2019 12:29 AM

Nov 2017
It will be good because the story is better than S1. The new characters are interesting as well. Peeps are just blinded by hate because they're sakuga dicksuckers.
Apr 14, 2019 10:09 PM
Mar 2019
Milennin said:
To be fair, it would be nearly impossible for any studio to top season 1's visual quality...
honestly I see a lot of people saying this and I just don’t get it. It doesn’t need to be that good. OPM s1 is arguably one of the best animated animes. Obviously the studio who picks up season 2 won’t have as good animation. But like holly fuck, season 2 can’t even pass for a okay in animation. It’s just bad. Like compare it to other battle series OPM s2 doesn’t even hold a candle.
Apr 14, 2019 10:25 PM

Nov 2017
Several dust/smoke clouds too many; the humour is still good though.
Apr 14, 2019 11:44 PM
Aug 2018
Art/Animation definitely downgraded but it's still enjoyable to watch.
Apr 15, 2019 12:01 AM
Nov 2013
Animation quality has clearly gone down substantially compared to S1. Its disappointing but I'm still feeling good about it since the story is so good. I think people need to give the story a chance to develop a bit before judging too hard.
Apr 15, 2019 12:01 AM
Mar 2018
Art and animation overall have definitely taken a hit but it isn't that big of a concern and it still looks good enough to keep the viewers engaged. However, this was just the first episode and a lot of people predict that the animation will go downhill as the series progress. We will just have to wait and watch
Apr 15, 2019 12:10 AM

Dec 2018
My opinion is that it is ugly , and not a little bit

The colors burns your eyes and giving me a headache. The character don't even look like humans ,backgrounds problems and more

Its a fucking joke compare to season one

But hey its early and im going to give a chance to redeem it self ,but this is the biggest problem right now ,and my first impression of season 2
Yuri-CrusaderApr 15, 2019 3:01 AM
Apr 15, 2019 1:49 AM
Aug 2018
I have already read the manga so I am not here for the story but for some good animations and music and so far it is average and meh
Apr 15, 2019 6:55 AM
Jan 2018
todd2580 said:
PeaceIsNoOption said:

then do it... although their work wasn't bad it's just lack of time

OPM ended a long time ago though . Lets just say that OPM 2 got the wrong staff at the wrong time.
Apr 15, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2015
I thought the first episode was ok, but I don't have high hopes for the rest of the season.

Apr 15, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
the animation is actually good as long as you don't think about season one
Apr 15, 2019 8:41 AM
Apr 2016
Basically all seasons after season one were doomed to be worse simply because the source material gets worse. At least in the manga, the author enters a very long period of world building where he basically ignores the protagonist. People liked Saitama, why shift the focus off of him? So it really doesn't matter which studio develops this or what director picks this up because they were doomed from the start.

I expect One Punch Man to follow the same route as Overlord where people will still watch it but the awe and love they had of the first season will never be replicated.
Apr 15, 2019 8:58 AM
Feb 2016
laviha said:

that's not a really good thing to do though. MHA, Mob Psycho, and AOT are able to have their sequels be on par or even greater than their first. OPM 2 though is already going through rough shit rn to the point where the next episodes might actually lead it to not being as well received as the first
Apr 15, 2019 9:00 AM
Feb 2016
MJROCKS05 said:
Art and animation overall have definitely taken a hit but it isn't that big of a concern and it still looks good enough to keep the viewers engaged. However, this was just the first episode and a lot of people predict that the animation will go downhill as the series progress. We will just have to wait and watch

Given how it's been confirmed that they've only got 2 episodes completed by this late Feb 2019, it's more than likely gonna have a significant decrease in quality. Story idk. Let's just hope Bones gets it for season 3, given how most of the staff from the first season came from Bones in the first place
Apr 15, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2009
Supersky said:
MJROCKS05 said:

Given how it's been confirmed that they've only got 2 episodes completed by this late Feb 2019, it's more than likely gonna have a significant decrease in quality. Story idk. Let's just hope Bones gets it for season 3, given how most of the staff from the first season came from Bones in the first place

Supposedly first season staff had only 3 episodes completed before airing day so stop reposting this sauceless shit.
Apr 15, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Supersky said:
laviha said:

that's not a really good thing to do though. MHA, Mob Psycho, and AOT are able to have their sequels be on par or even greater than their first. OPM 2 though is already going through rough shit rn to the point where the next episodes might actually lead it to not being as well received as the first

don't rub salt on my wound, I'm already so disappointed that s2 doesn't have great actions but still comforting myself by thinking like this ;(
Apr 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
Supersky said:
laviha said:

Can you really say that knowing that OPM2 has a different staff?

Apr 15, 2019 9:52 AM
Feb 2016
bastek66 said:
Supersky said:

Supposedly first season staff had only 3 episodes completed before airing day so stop reposting this sauceless shit.

they had 9 episodes completed from what I've heard. You can't make episodes looking like season 1 in such a short amount of time. The way JC Staff is handling seems to be poorly managed
Apr 15, 2019 9:54 AM
Feb 2016
Cabron said:
Supersky said:

Even if the staff is different, that doesn't give them a good excuse for making the season look worse compared to the first. You guys say not to blame JC Staff, but it's because of their schedule and them overworking their staff that OPM 2 is looking like crap so far and is bound to get worse in the future episodes. I'm hoping that's not the case, but I've seen anime have this problem and turn out bad
Apr 15, 2019 9:55 AM
Feb 2016
laviha said:
Supersky said:

don't rub salt on my wound, I'm already so disappointed that s2 doesn't have great actions but still comforting myself by thinking like this ;(

I get what you're trying to do, but that doesn't really help the situation though cuz if JC knew this is how we got over the bad changes, then they're gonna keep doing it with their other adaptations. I'm just hoping Bones gets it, since they did great with ONE's Mob Psycho
Apr 15, 2019 10:15 AM

May 2009
Supersky said:
bastek66 said:

they had 9 episodes completed from what I've heard. You can't make episodes looking like season 1 in such a short amount of time. The way JC Staff is handling seems to be poorly managed

So what about source of these news?
Apr 15, 2019 11:10 AM
Feb 2016
bastek66 said:
Supersky said:

So what about source of these news?

there's also this

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1098955885957640198?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1098955885957640198&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fanime%2F2019%2F03%2F04%2Fone-punch-man-season-2-anime-concern-fans%2F

Someone also pointed out how a similar schedule like this could ruin the workers working on it: https://twitter.com/SmurfRockRune/status/1098964035557572608

Now I will admit that there are seasons of anime that air like this with only a few episodes completed before it airs and some are considered to be normal, but there's a big problem for OPM in its current state

You also have to take into account how many of JC Staff's workers had to work on Index 3 and DAL 3, both of which aired at the same time and weren't that well received. Not only that, but they've taken on too many projects at once and all the staff are overworked. If JC Staff was doing OPM and only OPM for this year, then they might've been fine.

They also didn't show any other major fight scenes for the future episodes and only mainly still frames and fights from episode 1, compared to the PV's for S1 which had multiple glimpses of fights and other scenes from episode 1 to 5 and 6. This is already making people fear that they're trying to hide the fight scenes until the day it airs either because they're not done with it or if it looks bad

Look, we'll see what happens with the future episodes and I'm really praying they're at least decent, but from what I've seen with their current work I'm worried
Apr 15, 2019 11:16 AM

May 2009

Yonkou... When the fuck will people understand that he's not credible but worthless?
Supersky said:
G Someone also pointed out how a similar schedule like this could ruin the workers working on it: https://twitter.com/SmurfRockRune/status/1098964035557572608

That table is super wrong. Why would they record dubbing of ONE episode per week. They do it in bulk, multiple episodes before actual animation.
Watch at least SHIROBAKO if you want to participate in discussion about animation.

Fucking noobs, Jesus H. Christ.
bastek66Apr 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Apr 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Supersky said:
Cabron said:

Even if the staff is different, that doesn't give them a good excuse for making the season look worse compared to the first. You guys say not to blame JC Staff, but it's because of their schedule and them overworking their staff that OPM 2 is looking like crap so far and is bound to get worse in the future episodes. I'm hoping that's not the case, but I've seen anime have this problem and turn out bad
That's the thing, OPM2 isn't doing so hot because of the overworking.
That didn't happen to MHA, Mob Psycho or AOT.

Apr 15, 2019 2:50 PM
Feb 2016
Cabron said:
Supersky said:

Yeah Ik that. AOT I heard though does have a tough schedule, but because they aren't working on anything else during that time they are able to focus and put all their attention onto it to make it look the best it can be and not struggle as much. Bones knows its own limits and hell, even pushed back MHA to Oct instead of this April to focus on Mob Psycho and not have a downgrade in quality, which the majority of fans understood and praised them for doing.

JC Staff is at fault here, and I'm tired of people trying to say it isn't. They were the ones who decided to pick up so many other projects at the same time and because of that, everything is suffering. And I'm expecting OPM to suffer more as the season goes on, but I really hope it's not full on bad
Apr 15, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Supersky said:
Cabron said:

Yeah Ik that. AOT I heard though does have a tough schedule, but because they aren't working on anything else during that time they are able to focus and put all their attention onto it to make it look the best it can be and not struggle as much. Bones knows its own limits and hell, even pushed back MHA to Oct instead of this April to focus on Mob Psycho and not have a downgrade in quality, which the majority of fans understood and praised them for doing.

JC Staff is at fault here, and I'm tired of people trying to say it isn't. They were the ones who decided to pick up so many other projects at the same time and because of that, everything is suffering. And I'm expecting OPM to suffer more as the season goes on, but I really hope it's not full on bad
Do you know anything about production committees or licensing rights? Because it's not as simple as them deciding to pick up so many projects at the same time.

Apr 15, 2019 3:49 PM
May 2017
Panma said:
Basically all seasons after season one were doomed to be worse simply because the source material gets worse. At least in the manga, the author enters a very long period of world building where he basically ignores the protagonist. People liked Saitama, why shift the focus off of him? So it really doesn't matter which studio develops this or what director picks this up because they were doomed from the start.

I expect One Punch Man to follow the same route as Overlord where people will still watch it but the awe and love they had of the first season will never be replicated.

It all depends on what you were looking for. Were you hoping for a permanent slice of life comedy? Then yes, OPM will never be that again. But if you're looking for an action series that changes the question from "Will the hero be strong enough to win?" to "What will happen before and after the invincible hero wins?"

Personally, I thought Season 1 was dumb fun. Read the crappy webcomic, and blew Season 1's story out of the water. So yeah, Season 2 > Season 1.
Apr 15, 2019 3:55 PM

Nov 2018
laviha said:
The animation feels below average for this day and age, especially when compared to other action anime.
Apr 15, 2019 4:08 PM
May 2017
SRti0 said:

Hopefully Yonkouproductions and others who claim only two episodes were done before the trailer were just fearmongering like the claims of Season 2 2020. Because if JC Staff can maintain this quality for the entire season, then it'll be great due to it's story. But if their schedule is as bad as rumored, then the end of Season 2 could be pretty cringy if the animation is actually so bad it's actually hard to watch. Even the story won't be able to save it, it'd be sad by correct: "No point in watching, go read the manga."
Apr 15, 2019 10:12 PM

Jul 2016
People are being babies and being overdramatic about the seasons style despite having shows highly rated in their lists with the same or worse amount of quality in animation. I say just let those who enjoy it enjoy it, and leave those who cry about the animation to go piss off somewhere else.
Apr 16, 2019 1:13 AM
Jul 2016
Supersky said:
MJROCKS05 said:

they won't they have boku no hero and a lot of other projects to make too also to be clear here most of the animators from OPM S1 were from Trigger/Gainax 2 from bones and 1 from Wit Studio...
Apr 16, 2019 1:17 AM
Jul 2016
Supersky said:
SRti0 said:

I expect the quality to get worse with the next episodes. It was confirmed they had only completed 2 episodes this Feb and they've been supposedly working on it for months. I'm already worried for the future of OPM and the aftermath it'll have on fans

don't believe Yonkou he isn't even a reliable source or an official one i think they ended 5 episodes for now because they're working on several episodes at the same time
Apr 16, 2019 1:57 AM
Mar 2018
Supersky said:
MJROCKS05 said:

Wait, what? When did they confirm that? Do you have a link to that info?
Apr 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Aug 2016
The animation was superior in S1, but the 1st episode was still fun to watch.
:v
Apr 16, 2019 5:24 AM
Jun 2015
I loved the premiere. Lol King is such a fraud.
Apr 16, 2019 5:27 AM

Feb 2019
The people will leave it aside as the episodes advance and the series will be forgotten.
Apr 16, 2019 5:40 AM
Feb 2016
MJROCKS05 said:
Supersky said:

Wait, what? When did they confirm that? Do you have a link to that info?

multiple people that were able to contact JC supposedly said this, these people being famous anime youtubers. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, given how majority of their staff had to work on DAL 3 and Index 3 ahead of OPM. Still, take it with a grain of salt for now, we'll see if the future episodes end up being bad and if this was true.

Also, Mini Ladd said it not me lol: https://youtu.be/v2gznzu5GE0?t=1186
Apr 16, 2019 9:04 AM

May 2015
Anime_Biscuit said:
People are being babies and being overdramatic about the seasons style despite having shows highly rated in their lists with the same or worse amount of quality in animation. I say just let those who enjoy it enjoy it, and leave those who cry about the animation to go piss off somewhere else.

We have a right to complain about the animation. It's a legitimate criticism.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.