Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2018 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Luffy and his fighting spirit. He's the guy who is going to become the pirate king!

Looks like Katakuri's attack missed while Luffy landed his. Lol, Pekoms spotted.
Stark700Mar 1, 2018 9:43 PM
Mar 1, 2018 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
So Katakuri got demoted to a hat hanger.

Pirate King taking the win.
Mar 1, 2018 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
A strong ending to Luffy vs Katakuri.

Pekoms to the rescue!
Mar 1, 2018 9:58 PM

Apr 2016
the fight with Katakuri is finally over! and what a fight it was! and of course, he still went out like goddamn badass. definitely my favorite fight in the series so far.
it really showed Sanji's character very well when even after everything, he was still able to forgive Pudding.
also Pekoms (ehem, Nazoms) reminded me a bit of Sniper King at the end lol
Mar 1, 2018 10:15 PM

Dec 2011
This fight is definitely a draw.
I love how Katakuri acknowledge Luffy and he even can't wait for the next fight with Luffy as he making sure that Luffy will return for taking on Big Mom.
Pekoms come to the rescue at the end xD and I have grown to like Pudding now.
It was sad to see her genuinely cry and what is that last request she ask Sanji?
Mar 1, 2018 10:16 PM

Dec 2012
woww...d..did pudding kissed sanji right there?
i hope it is,,because if not then that means she erased his memories..

and wow,,didnt knew that katakuri is really huge
Mar 1, 2018 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter.

Luffy vs Katakuri was awesome. Great end to the battle.
LOL Nazoms.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 1, 2018 10:33 PM

Jun 2014
And so the fight finally comes to an end. It was a pretty great fight, and personally I see this as more of a draw than a Luffy victory. I really like how Luffy showed respect by covering Katakuri's mouth with the hat as he was leaving. Toei better not fuck this fight up when the anime gets here in 7 years.

I'm curious to know what Pudding's last request was. Obvious choice is a kiss, but it's interesting to entertain the possibility that she could have erased his memories. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. LOL Pekoms, or Nazoms, has finally returned to help out Luffy.

xiMii said:
and wow,,didnt knew that katakuri is really huge

Yeah, according to the One Piece wiki he's 16 feet 8 inches tall.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 1, 2018 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
After rereading it a few times, i have so many problems with this it's ridiculous.

At least Luffy won which is good and seemingly the Sanji/Pudding stuff plot has been mostly resolved.
Mar 1, 2018 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
What did Pudding do?! I'm intrigued. I think she did kiss him, but removed the memory of the kiss only.

Anyone else notice how the hat is dropped to cover Katakuri's mouth? Great chapter! Personally think this is the best Luffy fight in One Piece. Nazoms had be dying, yo.
CheeZeFXMar 1, 2018 11:16 PM
Mar 1, 2018 11:32 PM

Jan 2008
ShiroxYasha said:
What did Pudding do?! I'm intrigued. I think she did kiss him, but removed the memory of the kiss only.

Anyone else notice how the hat is dropped to cover Katakuri's mouth? Great chapter! Personally think this is the best Luffy fight in One Piece. Nazoms had be dying, yo.

I'm definitely guessing it was a kiss as well, but I'm hoping she let him keep all of his memories.

Absolutely noticed the hat covering the shark mouth. i was very happy that Luffy left Katakuri his dignity.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 1, 2018 11:38 PM
Feb 2018
Mad respect for both fighters, Katrakuri stating that luffy saw further into the future than him as a direct comparison to him besting him in combat was sick. And then Luffy covered Katakuri's mouth, as its the one thing he doesn't want people seeing. One piece kills me with its subtleties.
Mar 1, 2018 11:43 PM

Nov 2008
I don't know why some salty idiots are bitching, im really happy Luffy won because it shows more of his growth and you got really a really awesome with 2 badass characters, though it was getting annoying with Luffy getting shit beat out of him for about 15+ chapters.

Also it looks like this Arc is wrapping up, which THANK GOD, because im ready for Reverie and Wano now and I didn't notice how tall Katakuri was.

Oh yeah, this fight was awesome, tied with Luffy vs Lucci and Luffy and Doflamingo for me.
HollowIchigo58Mar 2, 2018 12:22 AM
Mar 2, 2018 12:09 AM

Aug 2010
U know what... i just thought of something wouldn't someone like praline have a mirror? They could have told pekoms to have him take luffy there oe sth and sent someone to tell jimbe and the sh?

Kata making sure his bro is coming back and luffy covering his mouth were nice scenes
Barion-ZaraMar 2, 2018 1:04 AM
Mar 2, 2018 12:13 AM
Jan 2015
Luffy notice Nazom , but not notice SogeKing
Mar 2, 2018 12:25 AM
Mar 2014
I call that fight a draw, they were both out at the same time, and I don't believe Luffy could throw another punch even if he wanted too.

Luffy giving Katrakuri his hat to cover up his mouth was a nice touch in the end... 5/5 would manga read again
Mar 2, 2018 1:31 AM
Sep 2016
lol Seriously, people who think Luffy winning this is "bullshit" should have dropped this manga after the fight against Crocodile.
Mar 2, 2018 2:39 AM
Dec 2016
TCRfanatic said:
lol Seriously, people who think Luffy winning this is "bullshit" should have dropped this manga after the fight against Crocodile.

I'd say this fight was much more of a BS thsn the Croc fight because Luffy found out crocs weakness in their fight but hair luffy just outright beat up someone who was leagues above him in hand to hand.
Mar 2, 2018 2:52 AM

Oct 2015
Finally the fight ended. It was quite dragged on, but I enjoyed it. Now they just have to escape. I guess it can be covered in 2, max 3 chapters.

What I find weird, is that in december, 2016 there was an interview with Oda, stating that this arc was halfway done, or so. So.. This arc should have ended about 25-30 chapters ago. I think Oda decided to include the Luffy vs Katakuri part, and some other things too. Or it's just really difficult to predict how long an arc would be.

Mar 2, 2018 2:59 AM

Mar 2016
Really good chapter!

K - "Someday will you come back here to defeat Big Mom?"
L- "Of course I'm the man who will be the pirate King"
K - "You're looking pretty far into the future"

The respect between Luffy and Katakuri after the fight was amazing. And Luffy putting his hat on Katakuri covering his face :') Loved it and loved their fight as well. It's over. Luffy has won! Katakuri was a great villain. One of my favorite ones in the series so far and I hope we'll get to see more of him in the future.

Nazoms to the rescue xDD Honestly surprised he even recognized Pekoms there? That's some sick disguise lol. Anyway it's nice to see he isn't being completely irrelevant. I actually missed the guy haha. Time for Germa to get back into the picture too!

The bit with Pudding and Sanji was interesting but nothing else to add other than that. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the events are gonna unfold now. 4 more chapters for 900 :D

Mar 2, 2018 3:01 AM
Apr 2016
Yakano said:
TCRfanatic said:

I'd say this fight was much more of a BS thsn the Croc fight because Luffy found out crocs weakness in their fight but hair luffy just outright beat up someone who was leagues above him in hand to hand.

That's true. But I think in this fight the personality of Katakuri decided it because he noticed that Luffy got stronger and stronger during the figtht and that's the reason why he pushed Luffy to his limits with the goal to fight the strongest Luffy possible at the end
Mar 2, 2018 3:05 AM
Sep 2016
Yakano said:
TCRfanatic said:

Against Crocodile Luffy had a hole in his stomach, lost a lot of blood which made him even pass out for a short while and then he even got poisoned by Crocs hook. He was far more outclassed during their final fight. And in the end he still got up and won with his strongest attack (this even goes for the fight against Lucci to some degree). My point is that Luffy winning against a stronger opponent even though he was outclassed is nothing new and I doubt the people who bitch about this now were bothered by this back in the day. So why now?
Mar 2, 2018 3:11 AM

Feb 2016
Katakuri was more of a mentor for Luffy than a villain... Great chapter.
Mar 2, 2018 3:14 AM

Mar 2015
kind of anticlimatic IMHO, but could have been worse... at least it end..

i am interested in pudding...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 2, 2018 3:20 AM
May 2014
I hope Puding's last request be like "Let me join Straw Hat Pirates". I hope it is not some suicide type of request
Mar 2, 2018 3:45 AM
Oct 2017
Thank god that there is No break next weak .....
Mar 2, 2018 3:51 AM
Feb 2018
Wanted Katakuri to win...
But I liked how the fight ended with Luffy falling first, Katakuri getting back up before ultimately falling.
Even in defeat, Katakuri looked strong.
So I'm okay with the result.

Ps : Katakuri did hit Luffy, hence the blood trail above Luffy and the ground collapsing
freeze92Mar 2, 2018 4:15 AM
Mar 2, 2018 4:04 AM

Jan 2008
Wow that change in Luffy recognizing Pekoms and even remembering the plan and that respect for Katakuri.
Mar 2, 2018 4:30 AM

Mar 2016
Katakuri before falling down ~
Jaimini's box - "You're looking pretty far into the future"
Mangastream - "Guess you really can see the future"

These 2 translations could be interpreted in 2 different ways. MS implying here that Katakuri is confident about Luffy becoming a Pirate king...

Gonna have to wait for the official translation I guess.

Mar 2, 2018 4:34 AM

Feb 2017
And the fight between Luffy and Katakuri have finally concluded. Man that was a great fight.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Mar 2, 2018 4:36 AM

Nov 2009
I like the ending to Luffy vs Katakuri but still dislike the fact that the fight happen with both of them not being at full strength.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Mar 2, 2018 4:36 AM

Apr 2016
So,Katakuri is at his limit.He expect Luffy coming back and didn't intent to kill him but on the other hand,all his brothers and sisters are ready to kill Luffy at any moment.Pekoms capturing Brulee but I dont think they can escape with Sanji that easily.That cake might be a key for them to make a distraction and make a run for it.Looking forward to next chapter.
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Mar 2, 2018 4:38 AM

Feb 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Also it looks like this Arc is wrapping up, which THANK GOD, because im ready for Reverie and Wano now and I didn't notice how tall Katakuri was.

Yea Katakuri is pretty tall. He's about 16'8" tall. It might be hard to tell how tall he was in the fight, but there was some panels that show exactly how tall he is.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Mar 2, 2018 4:41 AM

Nov 2014
That gesture with the hat was really cool, do you think Kata will now take the hat and fly solo? ala 'Black Hat Katakuri'?

Pudding kissing sanji was bittersweet, considering this is the second longest arc in One Piece I've definitely grown attached to her character and the relationship between her and sanji.

Also lol at Mont Dor thinking Roger couldn't get through that, Morgans was like 'fuck of course he could.'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2018 4:48 AM
Sep 2012
So Luffy and Katakuri finally comes to its end. Well a great fight, looks like Luffy gained his respect. Still looks like someone is about to ambush him, I wonder if Katkuri has enough strength to get up and take care of him for Luffy.

Pekems is still around I guess? And Bege showing some character growth.

The chapter title was about Pudding one last wish and we never get a clear answer to what it was. So something to do with her memory powers? Maybe I guess we will find out. If we can't take her with us, or have her join Bege crew, I guess could be our inside person to the Big Ma pirates. She would be a great spy, if she gets caught, just erase memories.

So I wonder how many more chapters to go in this arc?
Mar 2, 2018 4:49 AM

Nov 2016
What a great end to this intense fight. And covering Katakuris mouth with his hat,was an awesome way to end this with a big emotional impact for me.

Really love it how Oda can bring forth such big emotions with such a small detail.

And lol, dunno if it is the typical miscalculation by characters. But Mont-d'Ors statement that the army lead by Oven would be enough to take out even Roger is something I can't believe. Sure they have him cornered and there's also the surprise factor,but in terms of combat power I just don't see it happen. Especially when we saw how Akainu stood his ground against about a dozen of Whitebeard commanders by himself+ Crocodile and footsoldiers.

That said,that little army has power for sure,won't deny that fact.

About the rest,Pekoms appearance was really funny and I like it that he's the wild card helping Luffy to get out of there.

I'm also super curious what Pudding wanted from Sanji ?a kiss?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2018 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
did luffy just leave his hat to cover Katakuri mouth?

and about Sanji, did sanji misinterpret the timing?
If they planned to meet 1AM (at night), then, why Sanji waiting right now?
all this time, it's still at noon, right?
or am I the only one who doesn't get it?
Mar 2, 2018 7:11 AM

Mar 2016
Abyhape said:

and about Sanji, did sanji misinterpret the timing?
If they planned to meet 1AM (at night), then, why Sanji waiting right now?
all this time, it's still at noon, right?
or am I the only one who doesn't get it?

They were all supposed to meet at cacou island at 1 am. As of the end of the chapter it's 5 mins to the meeting time. The reason Sanji is waiting is because he's planning to rescue Luffy when he gets out of the supposedly only mirror in WCI (Everyone were forced to either break/throw the rest in the ocean) and the only mirror to go through right now is the one where the horde of BM pirates are waiting. He doesn't know that Pekoms is with him but yeah the reason he's waiting is to rescue Luffy when he gets out of the mirror world.

Mar 2, 2018 7:39 AM
Sep 2017
It looks like Katakuri is dead but i hope he is just mortally wounded and blackout or sth alike.Now our boy prove that his clear worth at least more than a billion belly for now :)
Mar 2, 2018 7:42 AM
Mar 2018
Will Katakuri return? What do you think? I refuse to believe that he is injured deadly!
Mar 2, 2018 7:52 AM
Nov 2017
FMmatron said:

And lol, dunno if it is the typical miscalculation by characters. But Mont-d'Ors statement that the army lead by Oven would be enough to take out even Roger is something I can't believe. Sure they have him cornered and there's also the surprise factor,but in terms of combat power I just don't see it happen. Especially when we saw how Akainu stood his ground against about a dozen of Whitebeard commanders by himself+ Crocodile and footsoldiers.

Roger would likely obliterate quarter of that army in the first minute. I mean, we saw what WB could do with a single strike and Roger was somewhere on that level.
Mar 2, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2016
Aezeryel said:
FMmatron said:

Roger would likely obliterate quarter of that army in the first minute. I mean, we saw what WB could do with a single strike and Roger was somewhere on that level.

And considering that WB wasn't even in his prime should also be taken into account.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2017
What the fuck was that shit? Did Katekuri really lose after curb-stomping Luffy 99% of the fight? I dare any OPtard motherfuckers to come up for a solid excuse other than "plot-armor" to justify this trash.

Mar 2, 2018 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
Good chapter... Nothing really crazy or outstanding. Just well balanced in the story.

My problem, however, is with the last panel...

Mar 2, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2017
This was an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G chapter! I kept reading it over and over again and I think we got to see the end of the best and most ferocious fight Luffy has ever had!!! I'm just stunned!

It was obviously a draw and Luffy was badass and respectful towards Katakuri, as he laid the hat over his mouth. And now, even the strongest child of the Yonko Big Mom believes that Luffy will beat her in the future and become the Pirate King!

With regard to Pudding, I think she'll ask Sanji to take her with him, eventually joining the Straw-Hat Pirates!

What's really next???

I'm so goddamn moved... :'( :'(
ERASED_OPMar 4, 2018 1:59 AM
Mar 2, 2018 9:10 AM
Nov 2017
harshtruth said:
What the fuck was that shit? Did Katekuri really lose after curb-stomping Luffy 99% of the fight? I dare anyone to come up for a solid excuse other than "plot-armor" to justify this trash.

Power of the MC. It's stronger even than plot armor. Also, it's not 99% of the fight and Katakuri was weakened by the self-inflicted wound.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazMar 3, 2018 6:36 AM
Mar 2, 2018 9:13 AM

Apr 2017
Aezeryel said:
Power of the MC. It's stronger even than plot armor. Also, it's not 99% of the fight and Katakuri was weakened by the self-inflicted wound.
And Luffy was injured by every fucking wound DT gave him including the others he received from the other Big Mom pirates so what is even your point?
Mar 2, 2018 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
harshtruth said:
What the fuck was that shit? Did Katekuri really lose after curb-stomping Luffy 99% of the fight? I dare anyone to come up for a solid excuse other than "plot-armor" to justify this trash.

Luffy is a lot more resistant to damage than Katakuri. You can call that plot armor, you can blame his very convenient DF for taking physical damage, or you can try to make a point about his will being so strong he will stand up every time even if he's in the verge of death. The fact is, it was stated that the true obstacle katakuri meant for Luffy didn't lie in his physical strength, but his future sight ability. Becoming able to use future sight himself, Luffy could eventually defeat him.

The narrative is pretty clear here, it's your choice to buy it or not.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazMar 3, 2018 6:36 AM
Mar 2, 2018 9:43 AM

Apr 2017
jal90 said:

Luffy is a lot more resistant to damage than Katakuri. You can call that plot armor, you can blame his very convenient DF for taking physical damage, or you can try to make a point about his will being so strong he will stand up every time even if he's in the verge of death. The fact is, it was stated that the true obstacle katakuri meant for Luffy didn't lie in his physical strength, but his future sight ability. Becoming able to use future sight himself, Luffy could eventually defeat him.

One Piece is straight forward. People really need to stop pretending that it requires a drop of thinking. Also where was it stated that Luffy is more durable than Katekuri? I must have missed those pages and Luffy's future sight sharpening in a fight where it is suddenly required is as much of an asspull as Goku mastering UI in 30min but who am I to judge the writing of "GODA"...
Mar 2, 2018 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
harshtruth said:
jal90 said:

One Piece is straight forward. People really need to stop pretending that it requires a drop of thinking. Also where was it stated that Luffy is more durable than Katekuri? I must have missed those pages and Luffy's future sight sharpening in a fight where it is suddenly required is as much of an asspull as Goku mastering UI in 30min but who am I to judge the writing of "GODA"...

Where was it stated that he isn't? If you are going to call something a hole or unjustified, consider all the options. And that one in specific has plenty of narrative backup because Luffy's durability has been always shown as huge.

On the other hand, it was very clearly stated in the manga that the boundary that separated Luffy and Katakuri was Katakuri's use of observation haki and specifically his ability to invoke future sight. It was also pretty much explained how Luffy had to learn future sight so yeah, you probably missed some pages here.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1115 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 21

35 by kkkh7 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 601 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

schroedernoah - Oct 19, 2010

107 by Camyy »»
Yesterday, 6:52 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 773 Discussion ( 1 2 )

artemis37 - Jan 15, 2015

64 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 415 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

12 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Yesterday, 3:06 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 413 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
Yesterday, 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.