Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2018 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
I don't like tsunderes. My least favorite ones are Asuka from NGE and Taiga from Toradora. What is your opinion on them?
Edward Elric > your waifu

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2018 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
But are you aware of a fact that there are some people who actually believe that Taiga is not a tsundere right ?
Feb 10, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2017
Swagernator said:
But are you aware of a fact that there are some people who actually believe that Taiga is not a tsundere right ?

I dropped Toradora 6 episodes in and she is a tsundere. Why do people think that?

Feb 10, 2018 10:10 AM
Jun 2016
Tbh, I like them. There seem to be many people hating them tho.
Feb 10, 2018 10:10 AM
Oct 2017
i think tsunderes exist as a character archetype and as you said some may not like them but they are there
Feb 10, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2010
like pebbles on the road you just pass trough them without noticing
Feb 10, 2018 10:13 AM

May 2016
That everybody needs to chill out about them. Yes, if you're looking for girls with waifu qualities, then tsunderes are a horrible option. They are loud and obnoxious. But at the same time, they are generally the most fun part of the series they're in. Asuka is a total bitch, but she is a pretty interesting character. Taiga is annoying, but here tsundere qualities are what make the show memorable.

I would pick a tsundere over a boring kuudere or an annoying submisive dandere any day of the week. Not in a "best girl" manner, but they are at least funny most of the time. And let's think about girls like Kurisu from Steins;Gate. She is a tsundere, but not an abusive one and nobody seems to have a problem with her. I think people should be hating on the weak ass protagonist that let tsunderes be mean to them, instead of the tsundere herserlf.

Btw, Edward Elric is totally a tsundere, so perhaps you don't hate them as much as you think?
Feb 10, 2018 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
I hate the abusive ones and what I hate more than the tsunderes themselves is the MC tolerating their nonsense and abuses and getting along with them. Wolfram is the worst tsundere out there.
Feb 10, 2018 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
They are cute, I like everyone of them I've seen so far.
Feb 10, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2009
Dlwuik said:
What is your opinion on tsunderes?

I don't like tsunderes. My least favorite ones are Asuka from NGE and Taiga from Toradora. What is your opinion on them?

"Tsundere" is a character archetype that is essentially an exaggeration of some real-life traits, similar to a bunch of other such tropes.

If done subtly, the character can be believable, but this shouldn't be their defining personality. In fact this isn't even really a personality -- it's just an attitude toward a romantic relationship. (It's even possible for a character, or a person, to have some sort of attitude like this toward one relationship and a different attitude toward another.)

Anyhow, I haven't watched Toradora, but I am a fan of Asuka from NGE, but for reasons other than hints of romance between her and Shinji, a romance that I largely didn't pay much attention to.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 10, 2018 10:18 AM

May 2015
kermit94 said:
I would pick a tsundere over a boring kuudere or an annoying submisive dandere any day of the week. Not in a "best girl" manner, but they are at least funny most of the time.

This.

If written poorly, sure tsunderes can be annoying, but at least they can be interesting. Not fond of the super over-reactive kind. But Asuka Soryu in NGE was necessary to give the plot energy- imagine only Shinji and Rei to push the plot along. Would have been boring

Feb 10, 2018 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
If they're done well then I will like them. For now, I only found one tsundere which I find her tsundere-ness a bit too much. It's one of the heroines of Psychic School Wars. I actually thought she was bullying the poor boy at first...

Also, I actually like Taiga from Toradora.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Feb 10, 2018 10:21 AM
Aug 2016
Walking-talking garbage that should perish from this world.
Feb 10, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
I find them so annoying but I can tolerate them (I guess). I just hate when the tsundere ends up being who MC chooses out of a pool of way more interesting and more viable love interests.
Feb 10, 2018 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
Just another day in AD, just another day someone mistakes Taiga as a tsundere
Feb 10, 2018 10:27 AM

Oct 2017
A chocolate tsundere... huh??

It piques my interest...

Feb 10, 2018 10:28 AM

Jun 2017
Are Kirisu and Yukinon Tsunderes? If they're I've got to admit I like Tsunderes...

I agree with u ,Taiga is the reason why I dropped Toradora .

I can't understand the hate towards Asuka though , c'mon she made NGE more interesting and how can people complain about Asuka when you have Shinji?

Feb 10, 2018 10:29 AM

Sep 2017
kermit94 said:

Btw, Edward Elric is totally a tsundere, so perhaps you don't hate them as much as you think?

I know, and it is the yet again sad truth I must accept >:( at least he's a good one. Even though he didn't seem like one when I was rewatching random episodes of both FMA 2003 and Brotherhood today...
Deknijff said:

She is a tsundere though? I don't see how she isn't one. Her seiyuu is Rie Kugimiya (which has a lot of tsundere characters) and she acts like one.
dlwuikFeb 10, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 10, 2018 10:30 AM

Sep 2017
Jare4lopez said:
Are Kirisu and Yukinon Tsunderes? If they're I've got to admit I like Tsunderes...

I agree with u ,Taiga is the reason why I dropped Toradora .

I can't understand the hate towards Asuka though , c'mon she made NGE more interesting and how can people complain about Asuka when you have Shinji?

Yeah she did make the anime interesting but I don't like her personality.

Feb 10, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2017
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1660822&show=0

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Feb 10, 2018 10:32 AM

Apr 2017
Dlwuik said:
kermit94 said:

I know, and it is the yet again sad truth I must except >:( at least he's a good one.
Deknijff said:

She is a tsundere though? I don't see how she isn't one. Her seiyuu is Rie Kugimiya (which has a lot of tsundere characters) and she acts like one.

Nah fam... She only meant to be called the "Tsundere Queen"... duh...

Not the character itself..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Feb 10, 2018 10:36 AM
Jul 2016
I'm okay with them until they start to punch other guys for no reason at all.
Feb 10, 2018 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
I love them because I love passionate characters. I like male ones more than female ones, generally but in harem, I'm almost always rooting for the tsundere. XD

I do not like:

Kirino
Asuka Langley
Akane Tendou
Kagami
Chiaki from Gamers
or Mari from This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

These girls are outshone by other characters in their series.........or they are just downright very unlikable.

There are other tsundere that I like as characters but not as love interests with the MC.

Saber>>>>>>>Rin from Fate series

Eucliwood >>>>>Haruna from Zombie Desuka?

Tamaki>>>>>>>Hikaru from Ouran

Hinata>>>>>>>>Teru from Koko Ni Iru Yo

My favorite male tsundere

Why: I've never been more convinced by another character what the meaning of "true love" is. Takuto pretends he's all tough and stand-offish but the truth is, he will do anything for the girl he loves (I MEAN ANYTHING), even in the finale where he
He's pretty much the reason I got obsessed with the tsundere archetype. But nobody else has done it better than this guy. XD

My favorite female tsundere

Why: Aria is viewed by many to be a selfish, demanding little brat and while this appears true on the surface, the reality is
Like all WELL-WRITTEN tsundere, she has an incredibly sweet side and shows it by doing things like
In my opinion, she's the most 'moe' of all the loli tsundere archetypes.

What people need to understand about the appeal of a tsundere is just simply this:

They may act mean but if the author gets it right, they show the most love compared to everyone else in the long run.

A nice dere-dere character may do small things for a MC to show their affection but a tsundere character won't hesitate to take a bullet for you.

ChiibiFeb 10, 2018 10:44 AM

Feb 10, 2018 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
tsunderes? you mean those walking cancers

i'll just quote myself
tragedydesu said:

HOW CAN ANYONE LOVE THOSE UGLY DISGUSTING ABUSIVE PIECES OF SHIT
JUST LOOKING AT THEM MAKES WANT TO PUKE
FUCK THEM AND FUCK PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM

Feb 10, 2018 10:49 AM

Feb 2015
Feb 10, 2018 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
Dlwuik said:
Deknijff said:
She is a tsundere though? I don't see how she isn't one. Her seiyuu is Rie Kugimiya (which has a lot of tsundere characters) and she acts like one
the fact she is voiced by Rie Kugimiya doesn't matter. Its like saying Sora and Sorata is the same character archetype because they have the same voice actor

When it comes to Taiga and identifying a tsundere people look simply at the most surface level of detail possible. The average anime fan now a days will look at a character and think.
”Was this character an asshole right now?”
If yes they'll call them a tsundere
If no they'll call her something else

To properly tell if someone is a tsundere you have to examine their behaviour and why they act as they due. Taiga isn't a tsundere as a large part of her behaviour and ill treatment towards Ryuuji hasn't nothing to due with being in love with him since she is basically just a rude asshole to anyone who annoys her and is generally distant because she dislikes people. Another reason it should be apparent she isn't a tsundere is because of how she acts in response to Yuusaku who she is currently in love with. She doesn't attack him or anything of the sort. She doesn't hide her affection toward him. In fact she has an obsession over him as she stalks him and takes photos of him in her spare time

@tragedydesu I honestly still can't believe you'd include Emilia. Are you forgetting Sadao killed her father? Or do you just not care or something?
DeknijffFeb 10, 2018 11:04 AM
Feb 10, 2018 10:53 AM

Aug 2015
As with any other archetype, some are pretty good with nice qualities besides their attitude and some are downright terrible and follow cliche patterns, so I don't treat it as a defining trait when it comes to character likeability.
Feb 10, 2018 10:54 AM

Oct 2015
I only accept Yui in the tsundere section of this hellish industry.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Feb 10, 2018 10:54 AM

Aug 2017
i hate them...they are annoying to watch and listen...i hate every each of them. They're way to bitchy, aggressive and commanding.
I love watching them cry or getting destroyed by guys or other non tsundere girls.
Every time i see tsundere in anime i always wish they die.

ItzYaBoiSatanFeb 10, 2018 10:58 AM
Feb 10, 2018 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
Taiga's absolutely a tsundere. I'll defend that to the ground. XD

FUCK PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM

@tragedydesu: That's out of line. Don't take your hatred out on people who like characters you hate like a screaming toddler who needs his diaper changed. =_=

Feb 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
If the tsundere is the sole romantic interest, then I don't really mind them at all

If there's clearly another more loveable (both in the story and irl) character, than I generally dislike them cough Nisekoi cough
Feb 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Dec 2015
Could be cute as long as their brashness doesn't cross the boundary into being downright assholes.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 10, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
Taiga is my favourite anime girl and my waifu. She actually becomes more "dere" and less "tsun" if you actually watch it past halfway.

I agree with Asuka though.
Pixel_VapourFeb 10, 2018 11:15 AM
Feb 10, 2018 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
@Deknijff
you can search by yourself in any anime related site (baka-updates/mal ...)
everyone call her a tsundere
she acts like every generic tsundere even if she had a good reason to do it
Feb 10, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
I like them as long as they are not the overly violent type.
Feb 10, 2018 11:09 AM

May 2009
Chiibi said:

Why: Aria is viewed by many to be a selfish, demanding little brat and while this appears true on the surface, the reality is
Like all WELL-WRITTEN tsundere, she has an incredibly sweet side and shows it by doing things like
You are kinda making me want to go back and watch Aria SA.

I watched the first episode, decided that lead boy's superpower was stupid, and dropped it.

I watched Aria SA AA, but then that was underwhelming. Besides, the original series has the better OP.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 10, 2018 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
@Deknijff
you can search by yourself in any anime related site (baka-updates/mal ...)
everyone call her a tsundere
she acts like every generic tsundere even if she had a good reason to do it
How does her being what others deem generic matter
You telling me she should be looked upon badly because she struggles being near the man who killed her father and caused great suffering over thousands and thousands of lives?
Feb 10, 2018 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
FUCK PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM

@tragedydesu: That's out of line. Don't take your hatred out on people who like characters you hate like a screaming toddler who needs his diaper changed. =_=

I agree. I don't tell people to fuck themselves if they like something I don't. That's childish.
Feb 10, 2018 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Chiibi said:

You are kinda making me want to go back and watch Aria SA.

I watched the first episode, decided that lead boy's superpower was stupid, and dropped it.

I watched Aria SA AA, but then that was underwhelming. Besides, the original series has the better OP.

Haha, I'm glad a post of mine makes you feel that way. I kinda want to rewatch it myself soon; maybe show it to a friend next week. :D

Kinji's power is indeed....ridiculous but I am extremely attracted to him and his ship with Aria so it's okay with me. LOL I like the other characters a lot too, save a certain yandere cow. >_>

Feb 10, 2018 11:17 AM

May 2017
When done right, tsunderes are strong women who don’t give a damn about a man’s feelings, even though they (sort of) care. They would probably hate feminists, too.

At least that’s what I get from her:

Feb 10, 2018 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
I love tsunderes, they are the best girls in my opinion.
Feb 10, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
@Deknijff
she falled in love with him and still act like she hate him
only tsunderes do that

i can't deny that she have a good reason to treat him like a trash
still i hate her
Feb 10, 2018 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
tragedydesu said:
@Deknijff
she falled in love with him and still act like she hate him
only tsunderes do that

i can't deny that she have a good reason to treat him like a trash
still i hate her
That hate is childish honestly Desu
she has done nothing wrong. Its only natural to struggle with falling in love with the man who killed your family
Feb 10, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2013
I don't get why people are saying that Taiga is not a tsundere..? She most definitely is. She is almost a carbon copy of Shana and Louise. I do prefer Taiga though, especially over Louise (worst tsundere ever..)

Anyways, a quick look at my faves and you can tell that I really like tsunderes lol
However, not all tsunderes. The ones that are always physically violent with their love interests are really annoying. I prefer the ones that develop over time to the point where they're almost completely dere by the end of the series. I guess I just like seeing that kind of development in their character and their relationships.

Feb 10, 2018 11:30 AM

Oct 2013
Alfond said:
I don't get why people are saying that Taiga is not a tsundere..? She most definitely is. She is almost a carbon copy of Shana and Louise. I do prefer Taiga though, especially over Louise (worst tsundere ever..)
She is not a carbon copy of Shana and Louise
there is a reason why you prefer Taiga over Shana and Louise. Its because they are different to each other
Feb 10, 2018 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
Deknijff said:
Alfond said:
there is a reason why you prefer Taiga over Shana and Louise. Its because they are different to each other

I second this. I haven't seen Shakugan no Shana yet but Louise is a hell of a lot more abusive than Taiga ever was in the whole series.
Feb 10, 2018 11:44 AM
Apr 2017
most of their action make no sense and are annoying
Feb 10, 2018 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
Deknijff said:
Alfond said:

Taiga is a character that is much more developed and complex compared to Shana and Louise, but it doesn't change the fact that the way that she acts is typical for a tsundere, regardless of the reasons of why she acts that way. The most simple way to describe a tsundere is someone who is initially cold and hostile towards someone but gradually becomes more accepting and kind (or less hostile at least) towards that same person. Taiga fits this description, along with the other tsunderes that I mentioned, even if Taiga has her own circumstances for acting the way that she does.

Feb 10, 2018 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
Alfond said:
Deknijff said:
Taiga is a character that is much more developed and complex compared to Shana and Louise, but it doesn't change the fact that the way that she acts is typical for a tsundere, regardless of the reasons of why she acts that way. The most simple way to describe a tsundere is someone who is initially cold and hostile towards someone but gradually becomes more accepting and kind (or less hostile at least) towards that same person. Taiga fits this description, along with the other tsunderes that I mentioned, even if Taiga has her own circumstances for acting the way that she does.
You're looking at the most surface level of detail as for what makes a tsundere. Its more than just ”This character acted on an aggressive level and then became nicer later”
Reason for behaviour and how they act is an important factor to determine what is really a tsundere and what is not.
Its not this vague point A to point B kind of thing.
Lol more developed and complex
Well think as you wish there I guess

They're all more or less pretty straightforward to me honestly and not complex
Feb 10, 2018 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
Deknijff said:
Alfond said:
You're looking at the most surface level of detail as for what makes a tsundere. Its more than just ”This character acted on an aggressive level and then became nicer later”
Reason for behaviour and how they act is an important factor to determine what is really a tsundere and what is not.
Its not this vague point A to point B kind of thing.
Lol more developed and complex
Well think as you wish there I guess

They're all more or less pretty straightforward to me honestly and not complex

I honestly don't see how this is even a matter for debate. Maybe you don't like the fact that people call Taiga a tsundere? Or maybe you simply don't like the term at all? When I say that Taiga is a tsundere, that's because it's an obvious trait of her character, but I don't mean that her character is limited to that. If you want to say that she's more than just a tsundere then that's completely fine but she still fits into that character type.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime people consider messed up that has no effect on you

isseixkoneko - May 26

45 by Cielord »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you think western animation is better than anime right now? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Runasius - Feb 22, 2023

186 by kagamiiin »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you find immoral anime fun to watch?

LenRea - Yesterday

27 by Cielord »»
5 minutes ago

» HELP ME FIND THIS ANIME!!!

nakurwiamnleb - 32 minutes ago

3 by Emmuhzx »»
9 minutes ago

» Shoujo anime

Daniellaaa - Yesterday

26 by ColourWheel »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.