Forum Settings
Forums

What is the WORST anime you've ever seen and why?

New
Jan 21, 2018 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
I'm curious! Now, I've only seen about 110 anime total, however, so far the worst I've seen would have to be Mayoiga. I usually give an anime a good 3-4 episodes before I decide if I want to continue to watch it or not, but I couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of the first episode. Don't bombard me with 30 main characters in the first episode, please.

So, what is the worse anime you've ever seen and why?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2018 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
The second season of oregairu, this is the worst melodrama.
Jan 21, 2018 6:29 PM
Jul 2016
School Days. Worst show I ever seen. Plot just shit and characters are also shit. No sense in storyline.
Jan 21, 2018 6:30 PM

Sep 2017
rokudenashi to akashic whatever is by far the worst anime i've ever seen. animation, characters, plot, etc. are trash.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 21, 2018 6:31 PM

Dec 2016
Ousama Game. Who is the sick fuck who thought of this?
Jan 21, 2018 6:31 PM

May 2014
It's hard to pick just one, but I'd nominate most of the things I've rated a 1.
Jan 21, 2018 6:34 PM

May 2015
Zero no Tsukaima. Not a fan of magic in general tbh but the plot was boring past that and I don't think there was even one likeable character. Awful.

Jan 21, 2018 6:38 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'd say Infinite Stratos and it's mainly cause I feel like it does everything a harem show should do wrong. Also I just really hate the characters and battles were lame as hell imo. I'm sure it's not as bad as I make it out to be but damn I just hate it.
Jan 21, 2018 6:38 PM

Apr 2017
You can watch the entire anime as it's just one episode long, right here~

Jan 21, 2018 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
haha spades. mars of destruction. yeah i should have seen that one coming
Jan 21, 2018 6:49 PM

Jan 2018
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni seems to have been created specifically to test my patence, the creators wanted to see for how long I can handle a generic isekai that really brings out the absolute worst in the genre and cranks the annoying up to 100x.

The answer was 8 episodes.
Jan 21, 2018 6:59 PM

Jul 2016
I really wanted to watch Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni, i still might give it a few episodes. didn't know it was that bad haha.
Jan 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Mar 2013
Probably Maken-Ki! Two. You know those 3 minute ecchi specials that every ecchi anime has? Imagine that but for 24 minutes. No plot whatsoever and it wasn't even good ecchi. My 15 year old self would've probably loved it but ecchi with no substance doesn't make me feel anything nowadays.

Jan 21, 2018 7:02 PM

Jul 2016
I agree alfond. I don't mind some mild ecchi, but when it gets too much i might as well be watching a soft core hentai. good choice.
Jan 21, 2018 7:08 PM

Nov 2008
Glasslip I think. xD Well, Kanokon was also God-awful. Let's say both of them are bad.

Handshakers is awful too but the character design was nice....

Jan 21, 2018 7:09 PM
Apr 2017
Sword art online...the plot is bullshit except art, soundtrack and asuna~~~
Jan 21, 2018 7:13 PM

Oct 2017
Elfen Lied - Bullshit
Toaru majutsu no index 2 and highschool of the dead - no story, plot only ecchi......
Jan 21, 2018 7:33 PM

Apr 2017
gekko_13 said:

Alright I'll be serious now. There's alway's Yaoguai Mingdan, one of the shittiest anime adaptations ever. The voice acting is cringy as all-fuck and the animation is awkward. I had to write a review on it. I doubt anyone on this thread has even seen it lol
Jan 21, 2018 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
-Spades- said:
gekko_13 said:

Alright I'll be serious now. There's alway's Yaoguai Mingdan, one of the shittiest anime adaptations ever. The voice acting is cringy as all-fuck and the animation is awkward. I had to write a review on it. I doubt anyone on this thread has even seen it lol

nope, i have not seen it. however, i might pick it up when I'm drinking heavily (please drink responsibly)
Jan 21, 2018 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Elfen Lied - Bullshit
Toaru majutsu no index 2 and highschool of the dead - no story, plot only ecchi......

awe, that's on my to watch list, don't tell me its bad haha
Jan 21, 2018 8:07 PM

Oct 2017
Worst:
Ousama Game
Mirai Nikki
Mars of Destruction
UQ Holder (anime)
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

Bad:
Log Horizen
Overlord
Plastic Memory

Below Average:
Kino's Journey 2017
Tales of Zestiria the X
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen
Jan 21, 2018 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
Ventus_S said:
Worst:
Ousama Game
Mars of Destruction
UQ Holder (anime)

Bad:
Log Horizen
Overlord
Plastic Memory

Below Average:
Kino's Journey 2017
Tales of Zestiria the X

plastic memory...bad?? it was so heartfelt. made me shed a tear at the end. i will accept your decision, but i thought it was a great anime.
Jan 21, 2018 8:16 PM

Aug 2015
Guilty Crown. Apart from the animation, it has no redeemable qualities. Still, I haven't watched much and I'm pretty sure this year I'll find something worse than it.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Jan 21, 2018 8:17 PM

May 2017
Juuni Taisen, is terrible, bad, malo, horrible
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Jan 21, 2018 8:17 PM

Jun 2016
Hard to say because I drop and forget so many..

Some shows such as elfen lied, shakugan no shana, law of ueki, fairy tail and clannad stick out as shows that I didn't particuarly care for but was able to finish.. They werent the worst I've ever seen though..

The first season of Fate/Zero and the unlimited blade works movie were others that I stomached despite detesting.. But definately not the worst ever.. Because I survived the series

The worst show I've ever seen will have some of the following features:

Generic or Moe character designs.
Lack of hand drawn art
Poor use of camera angles and lots of inappropriate hard cuts
On the camera angles front I have particular pet peeves involving shots of characters that begin on legs and pan to faces.. Every time I see it, i will be bothered for a few minutes
Plot driven stories in general
Lots of exposition, awkward dialogue with characters explaining what they already know for the audiences benefit
On that same note, drawn out dialogue mid fight.. As well as any time we hear a characters thoughts as dialogue.. Big pet peeves.
Fan service
A repetitive score
School aged characters or a school setting

Exceptions of course are made for shows that do these things as a parody of shows that do these things.

For example the long drawn out mid fight speeches in one punch man, or kill la kill. The fan service in Gintama, all parody.

Other series, belong to an extreme minority that are able to present some of these things well, such as Monogatari. The hard cuts and long monologues didn't feel out of place, the fan service served a purpose in setting a certain tone, aside from just being "there". It was obvious that the fan service wasnt there to service any fans per se, which makes it easy to overlook.

ValeofruinJan 21, 2018 8:31 PM
Jan 21, 2018 8:20 PM

Dec 2014
This beast right here.
+ Mars of Destruction.
All subjective of course...
Jan 21, 2018 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
PhysicsBook said:
This beast right here.
+ Mars of Destruction.

mars of destruction. well... you got me.
Jan 21, 2018 8:24 PM

Oct 2017
gekko_13 said:
Ventus_S said:
Worst:
Ousama Game
Mars of Destruction
UQ Holder (anime)

Bad:
Log Horizen
Overlord
Plastic Memory

Below Average:
Kino's Journey 2017
Tales of Zestiria the X

plastic memory...bad?? it was so heartfelt. made me shed a tear at the end. i will accept your decision, but i thought it was a great anime.

Ventus_SJan 21, 2018 8:33 PM
Jan 21, 2018 8:26 PM

Dec 2014
gekko_13 said:
PhysicsBook said:
This beast right here.
+ Mars of Destruction.

mars of destruction. well... you got me.

Anytime man!
I'll throw in this review
because... Well just because.
Jan 21, 2018 8:26 PM
Jul 2016
Tenshi no drop, Just... Why???? It's only 5 minutes, but still, What the hell?
Jan 21, 2018 8:27 PM

Apr 2016
Too obvious to say SAO but if I really had to say, it would be Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomi ni. Plot is poor, MC starts off with god-like abilities, and he just started picking up poor waifu material off the streets. This series irritated me as the episodes go by because of these reasons. I don't know why I bothered to finish watching it through the end. .-.
Jan 21, 2018 8:29 PM
Ribbit

May 2015
Ousama Game The Animation.
A close second and third place are Poputepipikku and Colorful.
Jan 21, 2018 8:31 PM

Nov 2014
Akuma no Riddle
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 21, 2018 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
god, you guys are good haha. (needs 30 characters )
Jan 21, 2018 8:35 PM

Jul 2016
Ventus_S said:
gekko_13 said:

Bland casts, even blander supporting characters that has nothing going on with them (no development whatsoever, flat characters through and through with nothing going on with them ). Card-board Tsundere, card-board smirky cheeky kid, etc

Predictable plot that you can literally see the ending since ep1.
Forced drama with a stupid time bomb setting that you see it miles back. (A drama that's not earned , like a youtuber once commented)

Wasted potential , completely disregard the potentially interesting setting from ep5~ep7. (They literally tossed that twist out after ep7 and never to be mentioned again, as if this setting is just another forced drama element) Also raises more questions about how stupid the entire premises is, letting people live with such dangerous threat that explodes at the exact calculated moment and allow such dangerous things to be recycled at the last day which is just stupid and careless. (No sane government would let such unsafe policy pass in the first place)

And the worst part, after going through the borefest plot, the ending music and presentation fails to move me. (I cried several times watching Angel Beats mind you).

Basically I consider a big waste of time watching.
I were expecting Angel Beats degree of feels but nope, didn't get any.

the ending was inevitable, as was stated in episode one. there was no way around that. and i agree, the premise was a little outlandish. however, i found enjoyment in it as a whole. we can agree to disagree :)
Jan 21, 2018 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
There are 124 anime that I have dropped with a score of "1". Take your pick.
I guess a few less that I couldn't even finish the first episode...

Why?
Boring! I drop for the same reason: nothing of interest to make me want to see more.
Jan 21, 2018 8:42 PM

Jun 2016
velvetPhos said:
Eureka Seven AO
Isuca
Gate
Oreimo
Infinite Stratos
Danmachi
Chaos; head

the worst 7 selections from my list…
enjoy

Yep, some of these are pretty bad.. You can usually tell from the first like.. 30 seconds of a show if it will be good or bad tbh..

Take chaos;head for example.. We can look at the first scene, 35 seconds or so...

The first scene consists of a decent shot of falling rain.. *+1*
We then get a line or 2 of inner monologue *strike 1*
We see what is presumably the main character, whos design is pretty bland *strike 2*
We then have a reasonably smooth panning shot transitioning our focus to a character in the background *+1*
The pan starts at the legs, and the character is a scantly clothed female *Strike 3*
Female character design generic *strike 4*
Hard cut for no damn reason *strike 5*
Appropriate hard cut to next scene +1

We're already down 2 points in the first 35 seconds, thats a bad sign..

I usually give a show 2 episodes to prove itsself mind you, due to some shows having anime original crap episodes (FMA:B or Gintama).. However the seeds of doubt or typically already sewn before we get to 60 seconds..
Jan 21, 2018 8:46 PM

Jul 2016
BurntJelly said:
There are 124 anime that I have dropped with a score of "1". Take your pick.
I guess a few less that I couldn't even finish the first episode...

Why?
Boring! I drop for the same reason: nothing of interest to make me want to see more.

you should really watch made in abyss.
Jan 21, 2018 8:53 PM

Jun 2016
Comparing that 35 seconds of Chaos;Head to the same first 35 of Steins;Gate

In Steins;Gate we open to:

A meticulously crafted and well animated sequence of wires and numbers, hand drawn, computer generated and photographic, dancing across our screen +1
Our color palate is a bland, almost greyscale selection that is clearly intentionally chosen +1
Monologue *strike*
The animated sequence smoothly transitions into a shot of a our mc talking on his cell phone +1
Unique presentation of monologue +1
Unique character design +1
Interesting, almost uneasy high camera angle +1

The same 35 seconds in steins;gate puts us at +5 vs -2 if you put it on a point scale :p
Jan 21, 2018 8:54 PM

Apr 2017
Are you here for an actual answer or do you just want people to list popular anime they dislike?

I mean the worst is probably something I dropped at ep 1, like Highschool of the Dead or something of the sort.
But if it amuses you more I can say Stein's Gate and trigger the entire forum.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2018 8:58 PM

Jul 2015
Higurashi no naku koro ni ( high quality thrash)

Well...
Jan 21, 2018 8:58 PM

Jul 2016
nose1234 said:
Are you here for an actual answer or do you just want people to list popular anime they dislike?

I mean the worst is probably something I dropped at ep 1, like Highschool of the Dead or something of the sort.
But if it amuses you more I can say Stein's Gate and trigger the entire forum.

actual answers, an anime where you thought was complete and utter shit
Jan 21, 2018 9:01 PM

Jul 2014
Elfen Lied the premise was just stupid and immature while it tried soo hard to be mature.
Jan 21, 2018 9:05 PM

Dec 2016
I'd like to pick 3 categories.

(I) Apparently unknown show: Gunslinger Stratos, I can't believe nobody has mentioned it and I think there's 2 options for that: (1) You haven't seen it or (2) You haven't finished it. I don't understand why, but I don't only have started it, I watched it completely. Absolute garbage. Worst show ever

(II) Unpopular opinion: Clannad, I've dropped it with hate, worst show ever second only to the aforementioned Gunslinger Stratos. For me even when I do like other shows that are almost only about sadness and bad things happening to the protagonist because the autor hates them.

(III) On Air: Violet Evergarden. It's not thaaat bad, but it really hurts me that a soo well animated show (it's just beautiful, everything on it, all) has ended up being a so boring story. A plain female protagonist and support characters who simply doesn't catch me. It's not the worst, but it hurts to see some outstanding animation goes to waste

(Sorry if there's one or two grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language)
AnemoiaAnimeJan 21, 2018 9:08 PM
Jan 21, 2018 9:07 PM
Jan 2018
Undoubtedly, Divine Gate. The art looks real nice at first and so does the premise. But there is no cohesive story line and all of the characters keep changing personalities and its just really confusing. I feel like it was trying to be deep, but it failed and just confused and irritated the heck out of me. :(
Jan 21, 2018 9:10 PM

Aug 2009
The first episode of K-ON was cringy AF. Honestly any show about highschool girls aimed at old men is kind of messed up.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 21, 2018 9:11 PM

Jun 2015
I watched this anime that was just the worst comedy I had ever seen, very crude. Was Yondemasu yo Azazel-san, gave it a 3
Jan 21, 2018 9:15 PM
Jul 2015
I have such a long count that includes animes like
Angel Beats!
Bakemonogatari
Steins; gate
Oregairu
Noragami and others that I do not mention to avoid hatred.
Give the title to one is impossible, if I have to give reasons, based on what denotes the overvaluation and / or the torture I suffered to see them, I will not spend so much development.
Jan 21, 2018 9:38 PM

Jun 2016
Aguuus said:
I have such a long count that includes animes like
Angel Beats!
Bakemonogatari
Steins; gate
Oregairu
Noragami and others that I do not mention to avoid hatred.
Give the title to one is impossible, if I have to give reasons, based on what denotes the overvaluation and / or the torture I suffered to see them, I will not spend so much development.

After checking your list it would appear that all of your 10/10 were Harem/Fan service anime.. Or just flat out Hentai involving pre-pubescent girls.. Sooo.. There's that.

Seriously, not even tryna bash you.. Don't take it the wrong way. Its like.. An objective fact. Every other show gets a 4 or less..

You only like School Anime with fan service, all else is garbage. That's the content you're in to and I respect your tastes.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » A anime that mention your country? ( 1 2 3 )

torsan88 - Sep 17

100 by aReviewer »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you think shoujo/josei romance are usually better than shounen/seinen romance ?

ZXEAN - 23 minutes ago

5 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
13 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

635 by PurplePants »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime with least plotholes

JoeChip - Yesterday

16 by deg »»
25 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Yesterday

76 by ColourWheel »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.