Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2017 12:25 AM

Jun 2008

Let's get one thing crystal clear....money runs the world, and to a great majority of people it is not only important it is the most coveted material.

I won't be a hypocrite...I LOVE the concept of money, I belive far-left morons who think people can live in a society where an individual will be motivated by something other than money is beyond ludicrous.

Money is pretty useful...

For you weebs out there, your waifu also likes money...

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2017 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
I'm cool with wherever I am, I don't need any sort of big bank to feel happy, I got my paper and fam so I don't need to worry about anything else.
Oct 11, 2017 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
I think a world without money would be the best.
Oct 11, 2017 12:53 AM

Aug 2010
It's THE most important thing. It's more important than sex. Yeah I said it motherfuckers.

Anyone who says it's not important at all nor is it high up on the priority list is either well off or delusional.
Oct 11, 2017 1:02 AM

Mar 2008
Money is just paper or scraps of metal or integers on a data system that aren't worth their face value. Money has no objective inherent value. Money has its value determined in people's faith in it. It is essentially the religion of current society.

Money is not a motivator in itself. What motivates people is their enjoyment in doing something or what they get out of doing it. So money is only a motivator in that it plays a middle role as the means to an end but this is only a cultural creation. Think about it. What good is money if people did not accept it? Can you eat it? Can it shelter you? Can it keep you warm? Can it love you? No. Can you obtain these things without money? Yes, but as the current prevailing system makes it more difficult. When was the last time you saw a dolphin or other non human animal using money? It's not a part of necessity for life and enjoyment it is just an idea.
traedOct 11, 2017 1:14 AM
Oct 11, 2017 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
economic security is my dream
and also economic justice for all

EDIT:

like others have said on this thread just enough money for decent living for the rest of my life thats what i mean by economic security
degOct 11, 2017 2:56 AM
Oct 11, 2017 1:21 AM

Apr 2017
just enough to be comfy and such you know?
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Oct 11, 2017 1:24 AM

Feb 2016
Not that important, when you have alot of it it becomes just another thing you just have
Oct 11, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
It must be great being filthy rich...

All those people that say "B-but money can't buy happiness..."

What a load!

And quite frankly that's poor people talk!
Oct 11, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2014
Money is one that made China capable of producing anime and recognized in MAL.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
I hate how money's forced into being important to me..

On a side note, I kinda wish there was some kind of 'Tier system' where you have access to purchase better things based on some kind of 'niceness' scale.. then more people will try to be nice.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Oct 11, 2017 2:39 AM

Nov 2014
Money itself, as a currency so we don't have to trade 2 pigs for a cow, is awesome. Probably the best invention ever.
Money as in wealth... it just is, I guess? I never really lacked it, but since I was a kid I loved idea of direct reward for work. Using your brain (or body) skillfully and getting money for it is fun imo. It's like alchemy, where you can change your work into food and clothes without ever learning gardening or sewing yourself.
As for importance, it'd be top priority for me if I lacked money for something, but when I have enough savings, then it's pretty low.
Oct 11, 2017 2:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I inherited a bunch from my grandmother so I'm pretty well off, but that aside I've never felt like money was something I just need to have. I don't really spend a lot normally anyway; as long as I have enough to get by I'd be happy
Oct 11, 2017 2:50 AM

Feb 2014
hella
i love buying cute things and finding deals on the stuff ive been waiting to buy
ebay auctions are ecstasy too
Oct 11, 2017 3:21 AM

May 2017
I like to have enough to buy quality food, a computer, internet, occasionally nice things and not being forced into dealing with people I despise (at a workplace for example).

I guess, that makes it kind of important.
Oct 11, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2014
I don't spend a lot of money, but I would definitely love to have some more >__>
I'd fly over to my gf every month and upgrade my PC to some startrek level shit.

--ALEX-- said:

What a load!

I always thought the same thing until I met a friend of mine. He has made 100k off pro gaming and is very well off financially (he's only 18 or so I think). He says he'd give all of it away just to be healthy and live a normal life. Money can't buy everything.

I can definitely fix a lot, but it can't fix everything.
Oct 11, 2017 3:29 AM
Nov 2016
I'd love just enough money to live my life without having to worry about what I am going to be doing in a few years time.

Money is very important for me.

Oct 11, 2017 3:36 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah, I guess. I’m an investor on the side, so it’s pretty important to me. I go out of my way to make money all the time; my bedside drawer is filled with coins. Though, inflation totally sucks, I wish money had a more stable value.
Oct 11, 2017 3:52 AM

Mar 2008
--ALEX-- said:

What a load!

Yes you cant buy an emotion. You can not place a value in dollars on an emotion for it is a state of qualia and the value is subjective on top of that. It's impossible. You can buy things that might put you in a state of mind that makes you feel happy but you also can do the same without a price tag.
Oct 11, 2017 3:58 AM
May 2016
Money would only be good enough to be able to afford to live in my own place, and upgrade all my equipment so my Youtube videos would be of a better quality. Also, I'd like to get my car fixed and back on the road, plus a trip to Japan, and a fuck-ton of games.

So yeah, I'd like some money please thank you
Oct 11, 2017 5:15 AM

Aug 2016
I think they're so important that if I don't have them, I'll rot under a bridge and die.

Oct 11, 2017 5:26 AM

Apr 2012
I need it to buy food and stuff. I don't crave vast amounts of it though.
Oct 11, 2017 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
I don't really care about having lots of money, but I won't be a hypocrite and say money isn't important as my food expenses are wayyy high compared to the common citizen here.
Oct 11, 2017 5:42 AM

Nov 2016
I don't really care about possessions and attempt to own as little as possible because it's bothersome to own/care about things and feel like they own me. Money is important in the sense that it gives freedom and allows you to do whatever you want in life.

Like if I got a shit ton of money I'd leave this place and go traveling until broke again.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 11, 2017 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
traed said:
--ALEX-- said:

What a load!

Yes you cant buy an emotion. You can not place a value in dollars on an emotion for it is a state of qualia and the value is subjective on top of that. It's impossible. You can buy things that might put you in a state of mind that makes you feel happy but you also can do the same without a price tag.

Personally, it’s not really a materialistic thing for me...

If I was rich, I’d mostly spend it having tons of fun.

>Jet setting across the world...

>going to big sporting events...

>And yeah, a lot of adult themed entertainment...

^That beats working everyday living paycheck to paycheck.
Oct 11, 2017 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
the importance changes depending on how much I have on me
but this is basically me whenever my dad gives me money
Oct 11, 2017 6:05 AM

Aug 2016
Money takes time and effort to obtain, and the high does wear off, so if you want to be happy anyway with more consistency, just remember that it's a state of mind you choose to feel at this moment. Decide that you're happy now and you will be. (In short, be grateful for what you already have and will have.) Happiness must already exist for you to be able to reach your goal of financial abundance.
Oct 11, 2017 8:16 AM
Aug 2016
Well, here comes the totally ordinary answer: very important.
Oct 11, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
You are just a big hypocrite if you say it is not important. At least a little.

OT: A lot.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 11, 2017 9:42 AM
Aug 2017
It's very important to me because I can't currently afford several large one-time expenses. I wouldn't drastically change my life style if I had a sudden influx of money; I'd just get stuff done that I need done. If I still had money after those expenses, I'd get a house and car that don't suck, maybe upgrade my PC (I don't need it to be incredible, but something that doesn't take 15 minutes to boot up would be nice), but not much else. I never have much appetite, so extravagant foods don't appeal to me.

All in all, it's important right now, but if I had the money I need, it would stop mattering once the one-time expenses are paid. I don't mind living modestly (hell, I have a hard time throwing away $0.50 worth of food), so it's kind of "meh" beyond what I need for some permanent changes.
Oct 11, 2017 10:02 AM

Jun 2016
Umm not so high on my priority list tbh
I will not deny its importance in survival but money is not everything to me nor it should be to anyone else. That kind of thinking is materislistic as hell and I have no interest in that.
Being loved and having friends and being skilled is above money to me and those three things are not really something money can truly acquire.
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 11, 2017 11:18 AM

Jul 2007
It shouldn't be important but you can't do anything without it so 😩😩.
Oct 11, 2017 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
The only time I am ever really happy (like full-throttle happiness) is when my wallet is stuffed with cold hard cash!
Oct 11, 2017 11:32 AM

Apr 2012
As long as I have enough money to fuel my hobbies and get by. I'm good.
Oct 11, 2017 1:40 PM

Apr 2017
So this is the thread we've been promised

Let's hear the answer from @spike-daddy

*currently summoning the money enthusiast*

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 11, 2017 1:52 PM

Aug 2017
S-quare22 said:
So this is the thread we've been promised

Let's hear the answer from @spike-daddy

*currently summoning the money enthusiast*

As much as I love money, I'm in no way a money enthusiast. It's good to have money but it doesn't define happiness. A little money wouldn't hurt.

Oh snap! This again?

As for my answer.

NaroomakiOct 11, 2017 1:57 PM

Oct 11, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Money is just paper or scraps of metal or integers on a data system that aren't worth their face value. Money has no objective inherent value. Money has its value determined in people's faith in it. It is essentially the religion of current society.

Money is not a motivator in itself. What motivates people is their enjoyment in doing something or what they get out of doing it. So money is only a motivator in that it plays a middle role as the means to an end but this is only a cultural creation. Think about it. What good is money if people did not accept it? Can you eat it? Can it shelter you? Can it keep you warm? Can it love you? No. Can you obtain these things without money? Yes, but as the current prevailing system makes it more difficult. When was the last time you saw a dolphin or other non human animal using money? It's not a part of necessity for life and enjoyment it is just an idea.

Agreed.
You seem to be the only one here who really has a brain and says more than "not so important".
Thank you.
I love you.
Oct 11, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2010
Your classic old quote:

Money can't buy everything, but everything needs money!

Yeah, it's the most important thing after my OTP. With money all my problems would be solved. Family, buying hobby stuff, visiting Japan anytime I want, go to comiket, pursue overseas study without worrying about money, etc.
Oct 11, 2017 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
Money helps pay the bills and buys me food + stuff I need to live, I consider it one of the necessitates in my life.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Oct 11, 2017 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
It's important in the way that it allows me freedom and to pursue the life that I want, as well as living comfortably. I don't obsess over it like some people do, and I've never felt that I've needed a lot of money in order to be happy.
Oct 11, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
Pemphredo said:
traed said:

Agreed.
You seem to be the only one here who really has a brain and says more than "not so important".
Thank you.
I love you.

That escalated quickly. Thanks for the compliment though.

Moog said:
It's important in the way that it allows me freedom and to pursue the life that I want, as well as living comfortably. I don't obsess over it like some people do, and I've never felt that I've needed a lot of money in order to be happy.

On the other hand it is also what is causing restriction of your freedom in the first place as part of a system and socially engendered mindset among the masses.
Oct 11, 2017 3:48 PM

Jun 2015
As long as I can afford to live I'm alright.

Oct 11, 2017 3:56 PM

Jun 2015
traed said:

On the other hand it is also what is causing restriction of your freedom in the first place as part of a system and socially engendered mindset among the masses.
On the other other hand I'd argue it gives more freedom.
Without it we'd still be bartering for things. But we'd have to have specifically what the other party wanted.

Want that land? Better have a daughter to trade for it.
Want a certain food? Trade with what you can grow.

A currency system serves as a middle man for this, not eliminating the need to trade for things but giving more freedom in how we accomplish this.

Oct 11, 2017 4:34 PM
Apr 2014
It's important in the sense that I know I need a certain amount to live comfortably but I don't want to reach the point where it becomes a religion of sorts. Too many people fall into greed and materialism in the pursuit of money.
Oct 11, 2017 4:35 PM

Mar 2008
code said:
traed said:

Without it we'd still be bartering for things. But we'd have to have specifically what the other party wanted.

A currency system serves as a middle man for this, not eliminating the need to trade for things but giving more freedom in how we accomplish this.

Not necessarily. Various cultures had a gift economy. Even when it wasn't a gift economy they traded with common useful things such as rice grains for example which is something you can eat so it has a use other than currency which you can't do with money. Also land was free for all to use.

Legal tender isn't the only system of currency. I don't just mean bitcoin either.
Oct 11, 2017 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
The purpose of life is to experience pleasure/happiness.

Money is arguably the best way to access that.

There are other things like love and companionship which can't be bought by money. I think they're significantly (not overwhelmingly) more important because with just love and companionship you can enjoy life. But outside of those, there's nothing you can't buy without money.
Oct 11, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
It's pretty important.. no denying that.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 11, 2017 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
traed said:
code said:

Not necessarily. Various cultures had a gift economy. Even when it wasn't a gift economy they traded with common useful things such as rice grains for example which is something you can eat so it has a use other than currency which you can't do with money. Also land was free for all to use.

Legal tender isn't the only system of currency. I don't just mean bitcoin either.

Examples? Once you pick out your examples you'll realize Code's point.
Oct 11, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2012
Nothing in life is important. We'll all be dead before you know it.
Oct 11, 2017 5:52 PM

Feb 2010
i need it to eat and sleep.

but, money only worth so much. and i have lines i wont cross
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - 5 hours ago

14 by TheBlockernator »»
28 minutes ago

» Why isn't Israel and the USA in the British Commonwealth?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

10 by Zettaiken »»
29 minutes ago

» Ladies of mal, how do you feel about random compliment text messages?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

6 by TheBlockernator »»
30 minutes ago

» How would telepathy affect society?

NonaryGames - Aug 23, 2015

29 by DesuMaiden »»
42 minutes ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - May 21

27 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.