Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit, this episode really has a good psychology feel to it. Akira's Tindangle deck plays risky but I think the reward pays off when done right. I'm not surprised how skilled he is.

Finally, we learn more Playmaker's past. About time.

Solid episode. I love the mix of the slight comedy thrown into the episode as well.
Sep 20, 2017 5:02 AM

Sep 2016
"BUT YOU STILL TAKE DAMAGE" hype!!!
and props to yusaku and ignis to be the first ever yugioh character to not get baffled by 0 atk monster and instantly figure out it must have some effects lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 20, 2017 5:16 AM

Nov 2011
You can't win with power of vengeance! You need friendship! Yusaku might lose this.

Sep 20, 2017 5:50 AM
Sep 2012
So they stop mid duel to tell some backstory. Well than Yusaku's past is all kinds of messed up, so I understand why he is so vengeful.

Is it so wrong, that I am more on Akari's side here when it comes to live a good life put the past behind over obsession with revenge. But Yusaku has other reason trying to rescue someone, and I understand he does not feel he can live a peaceful live until he helps that person.

So who the mastermind of this, Akari knows, I get a someone is about to disappear flag here.
Sep 20, 2017 6:46 AM

Mar 2012
I'm still amazed at how much weight that the character have here. They really are carrying the series more than the duel part.

Also SS Yusaku x Aoi is ready to depart.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 20, 2017 7:52 AM

Sep 2015
Ah Yu-Gi-Oh always tortune little kid and will be always like this for another year and so on.

So we finally know what happen to his brother.

VRAINS dub will suffer a lot because they will edit this tortune little kid part.
Into the Internet!
Sep 20, 2017 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, that is a really dark childhood.
Sep 20, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
GangsterCat said:
"BUT YOU STILL TAKE DAMAGE" hype!!!
and props to yusaku and ignis to be the first ever yugioh character to not get baffled by 0 atk monster and instantly figure out it must have some effects lol

And also the first Yugioh where main characters duo relationship are unfriendly compared past series duo.
Sep 20, 2017 8:07 AM

Aug 2015
Ignis has been comparing Yusaku to an AI too much lately...
Sep 20, 2017 8:09 AM

May 2017
I really liked this episode and it's nice, to finally bring some Light into Yuusakus Childhood. But I would have liked more Duelling in this one. Still a very good EP. I'm pretty curious, if Playmaker will win or not. Would be interesting, if he'd lose this one.
Sep 20, 2017 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
Also SS Yusaku x Aoi is ready to depart.

Omg ikr?? Like when Akira said "Don't let happiness slip away right in front of your eyes" and Ai was like "Where?" AND AOI WALKS IN I SCREAMED OUT LOUD

Also I'm so disturbed with,HOW THE FUCK COULD SOMEONE DO THIS WITH KIDS?
Sep 20, 2017 2:30 PM

Dec 2016
But you still take the damage, there it is.

That was a really intense episode, we get to learn more about playmaker and know what happened 10 years ago.

I think Revolver is the voice that kept talking to Yusaku during that time.

Ah that ending, we have to wait at least 1 more week to learn who the mastermind
Sep 20, 2017 4:39 PM
Aug 2017
This episode of YuGiOh Vrains is Wow and we finally get the long awaited back story of Yusaku Fujiki also known as Playmaker and it was a dark one, imagine getting kidnap when you were 6 and get thrown out in an empty room for the sole purpose of Dueling and gets food depending on your performance and that happened for over half a year for Yusaku and no wonder he has PTSD after getting rescued and it actually gave so much depth to his character and I'm loving it. As for the duel it's not looking so well for Playmaker cause Akira's Tindagle Acute Cerberus with it's protection cards made it invincible and the duel might end next ep. Beautiful episode and now I'm hype of the next one
Sep 20, 2017 8:52 PM

Dec 2014
How are any of these cards even fair? xD
Where's the damn Mirror Force card when you need it? It'd wreck these Link decks in seconds. :3 :3

Damn, Yuusaku had a messed up Childhood. Wonder who this mastermind is.
Sep 20, 2017 9:00 PM

Sep 2011
These past 2 episodes have been a blast to watch, vrains is definitely picking up. I also feel like this yugioh does a better job than the others at making the reliance on children card games duels feel less stupid once you really consider its basically just hacking in this world more or less. My guess is yusaku and the rest of the kidnapped children existed to help train an ai that will probably wind up being one of the shows main antagonists.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2014
A fantastic episode. Yusaku was a bit boring before, but certainly not after this episode. I even dare say he has become my favorite protagonist so far. Most importantly, he acts like a real human being would, and is not just a pile of troupes meshed together, like the previous protagonists were bar from Yugi. Although the duel is a bit predictable, as its obvious how Yusaku is going to win considering he hasn't used Firewall's effect yet. He just needs to return Hound and Angel from the Graveyard to the hand and Cerberus will lose its ATK.
Sep 30, 2017 10:44 PM

Nov 2014
I'm getting the feeling that maybe that voice in the white room where the kids where being forced to duel is something like Ignis or another AI with will or something like that... Or it can be even Ignis itself....
Oct 11, 2017 4:48 PM
Apr 2014
Nice, some plot development at last, it gives a reason as to why Yusaku is so good at dueling.
I wonder if they'll let this enraged revengeful Yusaku win or if they let Zaizen of all people beat the MC.
Drake1000Oct 16, 2017 1:17 PM
Dec 9, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2013
Cool knowing a bit about Yusaku's background, how he got to be the duelist he is today.
Dec 19, 2017 12:44 AM

Sep 2015
I hope we get to see the other victims in the future especially his partner's brother. Im guessing he might not find the mastermind or it turns out to be that one old dude with Hanoi not the lackey one but the professor guy.
Jul 28, 2019 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
OH NO!
Blue Angel shows herself.
Ghost Girl oppai and stomach.
Lost Incident.
Ghost Girl oppai.
Ghost Girl booty.
Yusaku losing duels.
The mastermind?
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

20 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
May 28, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 45 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2018

15 by zombiesaredead »»
May 22, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.