Forum Settings
Forums

Do you consider watching anime as "fun" ALL the time?

New
Jun 27, 2016 8:42 PM

Jul 2015
Hey guys.

So I came across a few anime that I really don't want to drop (because I'm half way done) but at the same time, I really just want to finish it for the sake of it and because I don't like dropping anime. It's really not fun watching them, but I feel like as if I have to finish it and it's not fun at all so I'm curious as to know what you guys think. Should anime feel that way to you?

Related questions to keep in mind:
> Do you consider watching anime as fun? Why or why not?
> Should watching anime be considered as fun?
> Do you only watch shows that interest you? Doesn't that limit your options?
> How do you deal with bad shows when you come across them?

caught in the wonder
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2016 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
Gem said:
Hey guys.

So I came across a few anime that I really don't want to drop (because I'm half way done) but at the same time, I really just want to finish it for the sake of it and because I don't like dropping anime. It's really not fun watching them, but I feel like as if I have to finish it and it's not fun at all so I'm curious as to know what you guys think. Should anime feel that way to you?

Related questions to keep in mind:

A lot of people are like you and have to finish what they start. I try to but in some cases certain anime are just too painful.
Jun 27, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2012
If it's not your career then you're not obligated to do anything. What do you gain from watching a bad show? Reputation? Pride? Adding to your list? Bragging rights? Compulsion? If you're like me, each of these sounds as neurotic as the last. The only reason you should ever watch bad shows is if you're an anime reviewer and you need to back up your opinion with examples, if your hobby in anime discussion outweighs your hobby in anime watching.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 27, 2016 8:48 PM

Apr 2015
I lose brain cells from MAL forums

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, this is like 1 + 1 = 2.

if you aren't enjoying these cartoons gtfo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 8:50 PM

Dec 2015
There have been some horribly bad shows that I can say I probably dislike that I finished, but that is mainly because there was a small aspect of the show or the "experience" that made it fun.

However if a show is too boring to even pay attention to slightly, or so annoying that it makes me angry, I will drop it.

Part of the fun of watching anime is also analyzing it, even when I dislike it (idk, I've been like that ever since I was a little ass kid), so even some bad shows are fun for that reason.

If you're one of those who doesn't find anaylzing anime or other shows fun, and everything about the show becomes too painful too bear, just let it go fam...

I know that feeling though.
I really wanted to like Love Live and I watched it even when I found it to be one of the most annoying and boring things I had watched. But I ended up dropping it at episode 11, and it has 13 episodes lol.
I deserve a pat on the back though, come on guys!
Banner credit to @turnip
Jun 27, 2016 8:51 PM
Aug 2014
I know how you feel, I get that way too. I usually put them on hold and or try to watch one episode of it and then watch a different anime to keep me motivated. It works out well for me.

I consider watching anime fun for the most part, sometimes I watch cause i'm bored.
I try to watch a little bit of everything, But I enjoy comedy, SoL, and action adventures mostly.
When i come across shows I don't like and I'm already pretty far into the show, I just try to finish it by alternating between shows I like and a show I just want to get done.
Jun 27, 2016 8:58 PM

May 2016
Not even remotely. Watching a bad anime is soul-draining.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 27, 2016 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
I forced myself today to sit through all of Pan de Peace because the episodes are only 3 minutes long, but it could not have gone any slower to be honest.
Long story short, no it was not fun and a lot of anime I've watched gave me a similar feeling.
Jun 27, 2016 9:02 PM

May 2014
Most of the time. It's for entertainment value, but sometimes I watch slower-paced shows not because they're fun, but I want some smooth build up and some deeper thoughts and meanings in shows, but other times I just want mindless fun
Of course! It's a form of entertainment, not a job
Yes, and no. Almost everything interests me, I'm just missing out on quite a few anime, but in such a large endless medium I can just chose something else to fill up my time.
I drop them if they're terribad, but if they're a sticky level of mediocre I just say meh and speed through it to the end
Jun 27, 2016 9:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WHY THE FUCK..... would you watch anime if you didn't consider it "fun?" as if there aren't 25362467245624623542562525235 other things in this world that you would be doing or at least trying to do instead?

thats pretty damn sad if you're choosing to watch anime and don't always consider it "fun"
Jun 27, 2016 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
Most of the time I consider it fun. Like 98% of the time. Of course shows that I enjoy more provide a much larger value of entertainment as is the case with all forms of entertainment. It should also be the primary factor when pursuing some form of entertainment. For example if I personally start to get really frustrated with a game or start to lose interest I take a break and come back to it when I'm in the mood. Sometimes I'll replay the whole thing from scratch, other times I'll just finish up the last bit and be done with it.
As far as choosing shows I'm not excessively picky, but I also tend to avoid shows that I consistently hear about. So if anything that always leaves options open. But I'm also much more easy going while watching. So in the few cases where I thought a show was really bad I just powered through it or used 2-3 other shows as a break to finish it.
Jun 27, 2016 9:13 PM

Jul 2015
Mamster-P said:
WHY THE FUCK..... would you watch anime if you didn't consider it "fun?" as if there aren't 25362467245624623542562525235 other things in this world that you would be doing or at least trying to do instead?

thats pretty damn sad if you're choosing to watch anime and don't always consider it "fun"
JkayW said:
I lose brain cells from MAL forums

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, this is like 1 + 1 = 2.

if you aren't enjoying these cartoons gtfo

LOL woah. Never did i say not watching anime wasn't "fun". Of course I consider it fun most of the time. I love watching anime. However, not every anime I come across will always be a 10/10, or even a 7+. When I do come across an anime that's not as "fun" to watch as those, that's where my issue kicks in.

Sure, you could probably just tell me to drop them because there's no personal gain whatsoever, but I'd still prefer to finish an anime just for the sake of seeing if a miracle could happen and completely transform those anime. The process is definitely no fun.

caught in the wonder
Jun 27, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2016
no I watched golden time and I felt like ripping my hair out
it was so boring

I finished it anyway because it's one of my friend's favorite animes so I had to see what the fuss was about
Jun 27, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2015
Completionists are annoying. The whole point of anime is to have fun. Not to brag how many anime you watch, not to seem superior by having watched more anime, not to make out thoughts more valid by completing anime. Even if you are watching a deep psychological anime, you are still doing it for fun. So if you are watching something and you dont like it and dont find it fun, then just drop it. Why would you torture yourself? You dont have anything to prove.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jun 27, 2016 9:22 PM

Dec 2015
jirachi3x said:
Completionists are annoying. The whole point of anime is to have fun. Not to brag how many anime you watch, not to seem superior by having watched more anime, not to make out thoughts more valid by completing anime. Even if you are watching a deep psychological anime, you are still doing it for fun. So if you are watching something and you dont like it and dont find it fun, then just drop it. Why would you torture yourself? You dont have anything to prove.

lol I don't get it, how are they annoying?
Unless they use it to stroke their ego and talk down to other fans, which is fucking pathetic, then yea it is annoying.

OP wasn't saying that shit though, he was mainly speaking for himself only and asked if there was anyone else like him.

I mean yea, if there is zero fun in watching the show then imo he should drop it, but I ain't gonna get all defensive and pissy about it like so many other people get.
He ain't saying what should or should not be done by the majority of fans, he stated something he does himself and asked if other people are similar to him. It doesn't mean he is trying to prove anything to other fans or rub it in their faces.
KonaKoffeeJun 27, 2016 10:34 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
Jun 27, 2016 9:45 PM

Jul 2015
jirachi3x said:
You're right, I do have nothing to prove. I wouldn't consider myself a completionist tho because most of the time that I don't want to continue I put them on-hold, and I have dropped 3 anime. It's just the fact that some anime that I watch are boring, but not complete torture. Since I watch multiple anime at once, there are other anime that I could be watching instead of it. I like seeing the ending of a lot of anime, however the process is difficult. I'm not just going to skip to the ending, without knowing what happens in between. It's kind of like OCD in a way.

caught in the wonder
Jun 27, 2016 9:50 PM

Sep 2015
I think that in general, for most fans, watching anime is fun. as I believe it should be. However, for me personally, especially as of late, watching anime is only fun sometimes.

When I first got into anime around the start of high school, I watched a lot of different anime(Eureka Seven, Bleach, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan), and at the time, just about every minute of it was fun. Anime was an all-new medium that I'd just discovered, something fresh and exciting, like nothing I'd ever experienced before. I got deeply emotionally invested into anime for the their whole durations. It was just incredible, and the twists of a plot or the interactions between certain characters could inspire such intense feelings in me that it was like a drug. Due to the limits my satellite Internet provider put on data usage, I could only really watch anime between 2:00 and 6:00 in the morning, so I would stay up until 2:00 in the morning on a school night so that I could watch Eureka Seven, then I would watch it until 5:30 when my mom got up and started to turn lights on, forcing me to put my laptop up and go to sleep. I had to wake up at 6:00 but I'd usually sleep straight through my alarm and wake up to my parents screaming at me at 7:00 and rush to get ready for school in 10 minutes, skipping breakfast and walking out the door without brushing my teeth, combing my hair or really doing much of anything besides throwing on some clothes. I'd sleep on the car ride to school, sleep before classes began, and sleep in the middle of class throughout the day. One time I was so sleep-deprived that a janitor woke me up at a lunch table in the middle of the afternoon, and the last thing I remembered was walking down the hallway to go to my next class. I figure that I must have just passed by the lunchroom half-asleep and thought in my mostly unconscious state that it would be a good idea to take a nap there.

It was sorta wrecking my whole life. My grades plummeted, I felt awful all the time. I knew when I was watching anime at 2:00 A.M. that I was destroying my life, and I hated myself for doing it, but I was pretty much addicted to anime. After each episode, I would tell myself, "I have to go to bed after the next episode," but then that episode was such a rush, such a high of emotions coursing through me, that I just had to see the next one, and the next one, and that would continue until I either fell asleep or got up to start the day.

Watching anime at that point in my life was probably the funnest thing that I've ever experienced.

As time went on, I grew more accustomed to anime, and it didn't absolutely enthrall my emotions like it used to, even if I still rather enjoyed it. But recently, maybe just in the past six months, I haven't been able to get very invested into many anime at all, and most of the anime that I watch leave me feeling a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I expect too much out of the anime that I'm watching, when I should just relax and enjoy it in a mellow sort of way, without hoping for so much, but it's because I know that it can inspire such depth of feeling in me and I miss that. So some anime haven't been fun to watch because they never got to be as good as I'd hoped for. I think other people have this issue too.

Oh, and I deal with bad shows by trudging through them. I've been fortunate enough to have encountered few anime that I would really say are wholly bad, but there have definitely been some times when I didn't want to watch an anime but I just soldiered on so I could get done with it and move on to something else.
Flip_Flap17Jun 27, 2016 10:02 PM
Jun 27, 2016 9:52 PM
Dec 2015
Yes, it is so fun since I always drop anime that bored me
I'm not a masochist who torture themselves to watch anime just for the sake to finish it..

😝😝😛
Jun 27, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2015
Yep. Because I enjoy it.
Isn't that a good enough reason?

Yeah, I mean if it's your thing

Nah, I'm willing to try out anything under the sun

A lot of shows are bad but they're enjoyable in that way. Watching and laughing at its terribadness is just as fun.
However if a show is just straight up boring I might actually drop it..'

Mamster-P said:

Yus, I am a very sad individual..
Gesu-Jun 27, 2016 9:58 PM
Jun 27, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
most of the time i enjoy it, im just annoyed with too much school settings in anime but in general i enjoy anime more than watching local TV shows that are just full of telenovelas
Jun 27, 2016 10:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Gem

lol fuck that, if im insanely bored, im dropping the show, cause theres 453624542624562 other anime i could be enjoying instead

Gesu- said:

why force yourself to watch an anime you don't like? its not like watching anime isn't a choice -___-
Jun 27, 2016 10:01 PM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:

Gesu- said:

why force yourself to watch an anime you don't like? its not like watching anime isn't a choice -___-

Because it's fun laughing at bad things.
Jun 27, 2016 10:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Gesu- said:
Mamster-P said:

ok, well doesn't that make watching anime always fun then?
Jun 27, 2016 10:07 PM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:
Gesu- said:

Yeah, but just because it's fun doesn't mean it's good.
Jun 27, 2016 10:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Gesu- said:
Mamster-P said:

the whole "good and bad" thing is an opinion for another thread number 100 -___-

were talking about "fun" here
Jun 27, 2016 10:18 PM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:
Gesu- said:

the whole "good and bad" thing is an opinion for another thread number 100 -___-

Oh wait, I mistook fun for quality.
My bad..
Jun 27, 2016 10:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Gesu- said:
Mamster-P said:

My bad..

some a yall are just way too impossible to please lol
Jun 27, 2016 10:22 PM

Jul 2015
Mamster-P said:
@Gem

lol fuck that, if im insanely bored, im dropping the show, cause theres 453624542624562 other anime i could be enjoying instead

So aside from the anime you've dropped, among the 600 (roughly) anime that you've completed, none of them have made you bored? You must have a diverse taste in anime.

caught in the wonder
Jun 27, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:
Gesu- said:

My bad..

Not really though.
Most of my scores are above 5.
Jun 27, 2016 10:24 PM

Oct 2013
If I'm having fun, Ill watch it, If I ain't? Then fuck it. Simple as that.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 27, 2016 10:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Gem said:
Mamster-P said:
@Gem

So aside from the anime you've dropped, among the 600 (roughly) anime that you've completed, none of them have made you bored? You must have a diverse taste in anime.

yes, i do lol... im not going to watch something that bores me when i can watch something else that ill love

Gesu- said:
Mamster-P said:

Not really though.

most of mine are above 7.......

get at me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 27, 2016 10:32 PM

Nov 2015
Mamster-P said:

Gesu- said:

Not really though.

most of mine are above 7.......

get at me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Good for you fam.
Or are you referencing that oh so obvious bait thread that I made back in may that about 500 people took seriously..

Jun 27, 2016 10:43 PM

Jan 2009
Not all the time, sometimes it become a chore.
Sometimes a series starts interesting, but then just loses it later on. By then you might be so far in to the series, that you might as well finish what you started.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jun 27, 2016 10:48 PM

Oct 2014
I used to do the same, but now I try to only watch anime that I feel like I will enjoy in order to prevent myself from watching anime "for completion" rather than entertainment. There are seven anime I have dropped after watching at least half of them.

Watching anime is something I do for fun. I try to watch anime that I will have fun watching.

I think it should be. For psychological series I don't know if "fun" would be the right adjective, but it should be enjoyable.

I try to, but sometimes I end up picking up anime that I don't enjoy as much as I was expecting to. In these cases I will often drop the anime.

The second part of the question implies that watching anime you don't enjoy is somehow something desirable. If you don't like mushrooms then that limits what you can order at a restaurant, but that doesn't mean you should start ordering dishes that contain mushrooms even if you are incapable of enjoying it. There are plenty of anime out there so avoiding the ones you don't like won't be too detrimental except for seasonals when there's only about 40 anime to choose from (not that you would want to watch 40 episodes of seasonals a week, anyway).

I drop them. Some memes like Glasslip I will follow until the end as well as anime that I use for challenges.
Jun 27, 2016 11:19 PM

Nov 2015
I try to be picky with my choices now. I seldom choose to start an anime which I'll regret watching.Also, if I find it boring halfway or cringe-worthy, I tend to drop it.

I'm Mei
i love bunnies 2 death
and pixels

Jun 27, 2016 11:31 PM

May 2015
I watch some series because they are fun (Jojo, Dash! Kappei, Gintama, Detroit Metal City). Other are not "fun" but entertaining or enjoyable and sometimes even interesting. Going out of my comfort zone had positively surprised me so no show is an absolute no but i prefer to prioritize shows I think I would like. If the show is completely boring I would just drop it but if it is bad I want to make sure if it is bad until the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
I have fun watching anime the most of times, but not when I watch a series who I don't like or that is extremely boring, I complete it just for the sake of complete it (and to have the right to bitch of the series later).
Jun 27, 2016 11:49 PM

Apr 2013
I do. I always love getting home after a busy day to watch the newest episodes of my favorite airing shows for the season. Of course, I don't think its all fun all the time. There are those rare situations where I can get extremely disappointed by shows I was anticipating.

Absolutely! There are plenty of other good things to do if you don't happen to have much fun watching anime.

I always try, and most of the time I enjoy my picks. As I mentioned before though, its not a perfect plan because there's always the potential to be disappointed by something that initially looked interesting. I will, however, watch things out of my favorite genres if a lot of my friends recommend them.

Watching masterpiece-level anime is always nice. As the quality goes down, shows are less enjoyable. That's all common sense though. What surprises me is that when you get to the worst of the worst in terms of anime quality, shows can actually be quite funny because they're so terrible. I tend to drop mediocre shows, but sometimes I'll enjoy watching the lowest reviewed things.
Jun 28, 2016 12:03 AM

Aug 2010
I totally get your point about the fact you don't want to drop something. But... Just do it. Anime is fun, it's actually supposed to be, if you don't like something then you should drop it to something else that you'll truly enjoy.

Sometimes an anime can be really annoying and then suddenly gets awesome, but if you're already midway and you're still not into it, you're just wasting your precious time.
Jun 28, 2016 12:06 AM

Nov 2009
Gem said:

Sometimes, the anime isn't fun (because it's too grimdark), but I don't want to leave the characters in the hard situation they got into. So I keep watching. That usually happens only if I'm at least halfway through an anime.
Yes, I know it's totally irrational. Sometimes it backfires, because it was a hentai with a bad end of endless rape (or, worse, the girl falling in love with the rapist and stopping being herself - that's really disturbing). It's hard being a fan of rape and BDSM hentai, but not a fan of mind-control/corruption hentai.
Sometimes it backfires even in non-hentai anime, because the author is way too bloodthirsty. But good ends happen often enough that I do it anyway.
Speaking of such anime, I should complete Tokyo ESP someday.

Gem said:

Yes, watching anime is fun. I am not the kind of person to watch anime simply out of desire for personal improvement.
Sure, one can become a better person by watching right kinds of entertainment. Where "right" most likely means "different", because it allows one to understand different kinds of people.
Sure, one can watch anime for the sake of affirmation of one's beliefs (I do), to manage one's mood (I do), but these things would never work unless the show is fun. "Fun" here means "engaging, keeping one's attention".

Gem said:

Limit my options? Of the 700+ anime that I have watched, there are very few that I have watched at the insistence of other people.
I have watched anime thinking "this might turn out good, it's crazy enough to work", or "catgirls! I must watch it!", or "this show can't be as bad as they say"... all of this is my personal interest in the show.

Gem said:

If they turn out bad or uninteresting, I can always drop them. I can put them on-hold and try again another time, like I did with Puchi Puri Yuushi (it's not every day that I can watch an anime about friendship).
The furthest I have dropped an anime is probably Bleach, at around 70 episodes. It stopped being good starting from the part where the heroine was kidnapped, and they still didn't rescue her after all those episodes, so I stopped waiting.
Not watching the second season of Naruto (because I got tired of filler hell) probably counts as dropping too. I'm glad I did it, because the second season haven't ended yet.
Dropping is usually for anime that make me angry, such as Kaze no Stigma (I hate smokers, that MC should be strangled, damn drug addict and bully), or Guin Saga (there is a limit to how much an anime can break my suspension of disbelief - what's the point of building walls if mongols can jump over them in full plate?). And putting on-hold is of the kind of anime I might actually want to watch someday.
flannanJun 28, 2016 12:20 AM
Jun 28, 2016 12:18 AM

Jan 2008
Gem said:
Do you consider watching anime as fun? Why or why not?

Yes, it's always fun for me.
Gem said:
Should watching anime be considered as fun?

Obviously. It's an entertainment medium. If it's not fun, it's meaningless.
Gem said:
Do you only watch shows that interest you? Doesn't that limit your options?

Of course I watch only shows that interest me. Why would I watch something I have no interest in? That's stupid. Limit my options? Yeah, it limits my options to only stuff that I enjoy.
Gem said:
How do you deal with bad shows when you come across them?

I drop them. This isn't rocket scienece.

Why on Earth would I keep watching an anime if it wasn't fun? I'm not a masochist. If a show I'm watching turns bad, I drop it. I think people who keep watching bad anime because they "don't like to drop" are stupid.
Jun 28, 2016 12:18 AM

Nov 2009
KonaKoffee said:
jirachi3x said:

lol I don't get it, how are they annoying?
Unless they use it to stroke their ego and talk down to other fans, which is fucking pathetic, then yea it is annoying.

Yes, they tend to go to forums and complain about how that anime is utterly bad, but they watched it anyway. Which is annoying, because
1) They sound tsundere.
2) I know the anime in question did a good job pandering to me. Hence, anybody who isn't like me simply cannot understand how good it is at pandering to me.
Jun 28, 2016 12:39 AM

Aug 2010
No, I really dislike the attitude of "I've invested this much of time into it so I might as well finish it no matter how much I dislike it" or "I'm a completionist so I don't drop any anime" just why finish something that you are clearly not enjoying and you find a bore just so you can rate it and log it as finished on a internet site? unless you find joy in those things...

Yes, I wouldn't be watching it if I didn't find it fun.
Yes, don't really see what else should it be considered...
I would say that would be true if a person only stays within a genre that they like but if they enjoy it go ahead. I wouldn't say my options are limited as I watch wide variety of genres.
I will either drop them if I really dislike them or just put them on hold and maybe revisit them later but that rarely ever happens.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 28, 2016 12:54 AM

May 2015
I have watched some horrible anime that made me consider self-harm. You don't watch something atrocious like BTOOOM! everyday.

But knowing I can write a scathing review of it keeps my head high. I haven't dropped an anime yet. These anime so far have been short enough for me to want to see the ending.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 28, 2016 12:57 AM

Nov 2008
I try to keep it as fun as possible but sometimes it's not possible so I might take a break and read some comics instead.
Jun 28, 2016 12:59 AM

Jun 2015
It's more like 25/75. 25% of what I've watched, I consider fun. The others have been varying degrees from so-so to abhorrent.
Jun 28, 2016 1:16 AM

Jan 2012

If I like the anime then yeah it's fun to watch. It's like watching any other tv show you like, you get engrossed in the story and/or characters which makes it enjoyable to watch. Of course if I don't like the anime then it isn't fun to watch.

I mean, yeah why shouldn't it be.

Typically I only watch anime that interest me, but I'm willing to try other shows if a lot of people seem to like it and/or I get a recommendation by a friend.

Drop them if they are too long, if they are short enough I slug through them.
Jun 28, 2016 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
Do you consider watching anime as fun? Why or why not?
Should watching anime be considered as fun?

fun, and the closely related enjoyment are such vague terms, everyone will understand different things from these questions and answers, so i'll only answer the last 2

Do you only watch shows that interest you? Doesn't that limit your options?
yes. no.
other than yaoi, i can say there was stuff from every genre that interested me

How do you deal with bad shows when you come across them?
i think many mid-low tier shows are there because they're too slow, and would be rated higher with better pacing, and things happening per minute
speeding up solves most of them
romagiaJun 28, 2016 3:58 AM
Jun 28, 2016 4:12 AM

Dec 2015
OOOHHHH I FORGOT TO ANSWER DA QUESTIONS.
AAWW YEEAAA.

Well ofc I do. Even when I watch a show I think it's bad I still consider it fun to watch something such as anime (unless the show is just fucking painful at a certain point).

well it depends. There are film critics who watch movies and analyze them as part of their job, and many have to sit through a ton of movies they dislike in order to properly analyze them and get paid for it.
So, imo, I think it's beneficial for your own mindset to separate things that you normally enjoy from things you consider stressful or too much effort.
Analyzing things can be fun for most of us.
But if it gets to the point of being painful, and you ain't even getting paid, then there is no need to deal with it anymore unless you really want to.
Unlike most people, I don't get pissy if someone doesn't enjoy the anime they are watching...

No, and some asshole animu fans would argue that "of, well if you criticize it then you shouldn't have watched it or sat through it".
lol but then they get mad when they see someone hasn't branched out to try new things and only have a one-dimensional perspective when it comes to the majority of anime series.
Jesus...

depends what kind of bad, because I don't mind sitting through shows that are "bad".

The only time it becomes hard for me to finish an anime is if it is.
-too fucking cringey.
-too fucking annoying.
-and/or too fucking boring.
^^but this would be max level shit though haha.
Because I won't drop a series just for being bad or appearing to be boring in the first few episodes, because things can pick up. Also, there is a reason why I use the whole rating scale, because not every "bad" anime is bad on an equal scale. Like, a 2 o 3 isn't 100% shit like a 1/10 would be, and a 4/10 is bad but it can still be enjoyable.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jun 28, 2016 4:15 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Of course, I drop anime the moment I don't find it fun anymore

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

48 by Anjuro »»
29 seconds ago

» What is the coolest anime pet?

SgtBateMan - 2 hours ago

12 by Tirinchas »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1027 by animeryl »»
20 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

64 by SubstanceAnime »»
28 minutes ago

» Did you "really" watch a show if you didn't see it in Blu-Ray?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

21 by MogKnight »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.