Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YES, Shun Kurosaki dueling. One of my favorite characters in this series :D and it's been awhile too.

Really glad to see the entire episode dedicated to the duel with minimal filler. I also kinda like how Kurosaki reflected the experiences he's had with friends and his fighting motivation has changed quite a bit. Nice episode. Too bad he lost :(
May 15, 2016 5:12 AM
Jun 2011
this was great episode and great dual and it looks like next episode yuri going out to find yusho school
May 15, 2016 5:21 AM
Dec 2011
The episode was great. Kurosaki really changed himself and really believes in his allies... though it ultimetaly costs him the duel in the end as he tries to reach through to Kaito. As said by Stark, I really like how the duel starts right off the bat, with no fillers for once.

The character development in this episode is absolutely wonderful, and not only for Shun, but for Sayaka as well at some point.

But Kaito's cards are really too OP... they let him Summon 2 monsters with 3000 ATK with no effort at all...

Next episode, Yuri duels, but I doubt Starve Venom is revealed since, from what I've seen in the preview, Yuri only duels random characters, probably from You Show.
May 15, 2016 6:19 AM
Jul 2015
that was a good episode. really enjoyed the duel between shun and kaito. Kaito really has more pain,anger and sadness in his heart than shun and yuto .poor guy guess he is thinking more about hartou. Glad we get to see ruri again in the flashback i hope we get more flashback of yuto,shun and ruri before the invasion. shun really has changed a lot and his character has soften up. i like his character in this epsiode that was a good development for him even his dueling style has changed i hope he maintains this attitude and style until the series ends.i hope after the war and everything is peaceful yuto,shun and kaito will become a cheerful ditz like yuya. these people really deserves more eago than any other characters and there smiles are beautiful.

i wonder how was shun before the invasion. we already know ruri and kaito used to be more lively and cheerful before the invasion and yuto is still the same before the invasion but he was a bit playful before the invasion. shun could also be a cheerful ditz before the invasion or annoying older brother type to ruri.

that girl asuka is talking in the preview looks like serena i wonder if she is related to serena. Ojamas archetype is also back and i am really looking forward to see that archetype agian i really miss ojamas manjome could make a cameo appearance in next weeks . i wonder how did yuri get into youshou school. i hope we get cameo of some zexal characters being carded during the invasion or as a member of resistance and Gx characters making a cameo appearance as a member of academia or youshou.

reiji is also in the cast list he is still in synchro. i wonder did he got dumped into the fusion dimension after yuya and everyone else leaving the ninja dude and reira in synchro or it could be a flashback from leo or youshou.

I hope asuka doesn't gets carded and its way too early for her to get carded. hopefully she isn't since she seems be involved in the plot. her,edo and kaitos role in arc v are better than jack and crows role in arc v those two were just used as a fanservice during synchro arc.while edo,asuka and kaito are getting inolved in the plot
saeryukgkiMay 15, 2016 6:32 AM
May 15, 2016 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
The character development for Shun is beautiful. Who would've thought that the angry, isolationist, XYZ resistance member would turn transform into the "nakama" ideology Lancer, who wants to work with his fellow members to defeat Academia? It's obvious that his time with the Lancers, particularly with Yuya, along with Crow has impacted him significantly. Him constantly using action cards throughout his duel against Kaito is the indicator of his change. That being said, Kaito needs to chill. He has the same goal as the Resistance, why does he insist on being a loner? Him almost carding Shun is worse than the actions that Shun has committed. Shun also carded Academia members and Standard people, but he's never actually attempted to card one of his allies (with the exception of Dennis, but that doesn't count since they weren't on the same side by then). Next episode: we get to see Yuri, Yugo, and Reiji again. Dunno how they plan on showing Reiji, without showing Reira and Tsukikage, unless it's via some flashback. We might actually get to see Yuri duel/use some more of his cards according to the preview.
May 15, 2016 2:07 PM
Jan 2014
So the Lancers lost... AGAIN.
May 15, 2016 2:24 PM
Apr 2013
What the hell? Kaito was actually thinking about carding Shun? How is carding the resistance going to help him beat Academia?
DeathsaurusMay 15, 2016 2:27 PM
May 15, 2016 4:29 PM
Nov 2012
So Yuuya being buried under rumble later running into the duel between Kaito & Shun. I would have thought Yuuya would've been captured by Edo & academia.
May 15, 2016 6:02 PM
May 2016
This episode was very emotional,serious,and decent. The scene Shun was almost got carded by Kaito,I was shocked and mad that Katio would do that to his close friend (Shun is my favorite character in arc v).I wouldn't blame Kaito be angry at Academia because he lost his family but why would you almost carded your close friend and what would that accomplish? Sayaka save Shun from Kaito and knowing what happened to Ruri. In my point of view Sayaka and Shun is going to have some sort of relationship in this season but who knows? Is sad because Sayaka and Ruri are kinda like close friends to each other in the flashback and she was crying that I feel sorry for her and want to hug her. Next episode should be interesting about the backstory before Academia destroyed Heartland, Asuka telling Yuzu her side of the story and Yuri going to Yousho school.
May 15, 2016 7:08 PM
Apr 2013
Julissa_Agredano said:
This episode was very emotional,serious,and decent. The scene Shun was almost got carded by Kaito,I was shocked and mad that Katio would do that to his close friend (Shun is my favorite character in arc v).I wouldn't blame Kaito be angry at Academia because he lost his family but why would you almost carded your close friend and what would that accomplish? Sayaka save Shun from Kaito and knowing what happened to Ruri. In my point of view Sayaka and Shun is going to have some sort of relationship in this season but who knows? Is sad because Sayaka and Ruri are kinda like close friends to each other in the flashback and she was crying that I feel sorry for her and want to hug her. Next episode should be interesting about the backstory before Academia destroyed Heartland, Asuka telling Yuzu her side of the story and Yuri going to Yousho school.

Agreed about Kaito. Unlike Shun before, Kaito totally lost it. What's the point of carding his own comrade? Plus, he doesn't realize that what he's doing will be no different from what Academia are doing. From the flashback, it seems Ruri and Sayaka are best friends, so Sayaka surely will have some sort of relationship with Shun who is Ruri's older brother, especially now Sayaka confessed that she witnessed her abduction.

All these times we usually know about Academia from outsiders' point of view, so it's nice to know that this week we're going to learn from the Academia's own view. I'm happy that Yuri will appear, but I'm also worry that if Yuya going to Fusion Dimension later, he will be mistaken as Yuri and then forced to duel the You Show students. I hope Yuzu tells Yusho, Asuka, and the other You Show students about Yuya and his counterparts so there won't be any misunderstanding like what happened before (_ _;)
May 16, 2016 1:41 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
Next episode, Yuri duels, but I doubt Starve Venom is revealed since, from what I've seen in the preview, Yuri only duels random characters, probably from You Show.

The people he's dueling are wearing Academia duel disk though.
May 16, 2016 2:17 AM
Apr 2013
Deathsaurus said:
Tigardrenalin said:

The people he's dueling are wearing Academia duel disk though.

You Show students are formerly Academia students who escaped, right? They're still using their Duel Disks from Academia, just like Serena. And it's already mentioned in the spoiler summary that Yuri is approaching You Show school and Duels the students.
May 16, 2016 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
Kaito is too evil now.
I can understand him turning duelists from Academia into cards, but why does he even think about doing the same to Shun or to somebody else besides from the enemy.
May 16, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
Another hype delivered in XYZ Dimension arc. Next episode will certainly deliver as well. Still wondering where is Yugo now.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2016 4:57 AM
Oct 2010
Frost190 said:
Julissa_Agredano said:

Agreed about Kaito. Unlike Shun before, Kaito totally lost it. What's the point of carding his own comrade? Plus, he doesn't realize that what he's doing will be no different from what Academia are doing. From the flashback, it seems Ruri and Sayaka are best friends, so Sayaka surely will have some sort of relationship with Shun who is Ruri's older brother, especially now Sayaka confessed that she witnessed her abduction.

All these times we usually know about Academia from outsiders' point of view, so it's nice to know that this week we're going to learn from the Academia's own view. I'm happy that Yuri will appear, but I'm also worry that if Yuya going to Fusion Dimension later, he will be mistaken as Yuri and then forced to duel the You Show students. I hope Yuzu tells Yusho, Asuka, and the other You Show students about Yuya and his counterparts so there won't be any misunderstanding like what happened before (_ _;)

That's called resentment, you can figure it's not easily forgivable. The latter which leads to a "controlled-rage" created from his loneliness caused by Academia, which is his main force. Now you see it makes him go beyond that. People would be easily fooled otherwise and to believe every single good words that could be lies. This fight is much like Shun fighting a past emotion he got rid of, against his friend, whose wrath and coldness are still quite difficult to shatter. The only good thing that it brings is that there is no hypocrite who can fool him :P

Other than that, I find him much colder and more blunt than the one in Zexal, but he is nonetheless still and as cool as Shun.

NeoAnkara said:
Another hype delivered in XYZ Dimension arc. Next episode will certainly deliver as well. Still wondering where is Yugo now.

Probably still chasing after Yuri xD This guy never gets bored n_n
May 16, 2016 10:06 AM

Mar 2014
remove or revise the setting of action cards fuck!
May 16, 2016 2:51 PM
Apr 2013
ButtSlapper said:
remove or revise the setting of action cards fuck!

Yeah, action cards make the duels less smart because instead of having to come up with a good trap/quick magic combo to counter your opponent's assaults, you just have to randomly pick up the right card on the floor to do that.

It's like the writers are tired of doing all that work so they invented the action cards as plot device to move the duels forward a lot faster with little effort.
May 16, 2016 11:10 PM
Jun 2011
UKCS_Covenant said:
Frost190 said:

That's called resentment, you can figure it's not easily forgivable. The latter which leads to a "controlled-rage" created from his loneliness caused by Academia, which is his main force. Now you see it makes him go beyond that. People would be easily fooled otherwise and to believe every single good words that could be lies. This fight is much like Shun fighting a past emotion he got rid of, against his friend, whose wrath and coldness are still quite difficult to shatter. The only good thing that it brings is that there is no hypocrite who can fool him :P

Other than that, I find him much colder and more blunt than the one in Zexal, but he is nonetheless still and as cool as Shun.

NeoAnkara said:

Probably still chasing after Yuri xD This guy never gets bored n_n
yugo is in the next episode cast so my guess he will somehow will stop yuri from enter the school
May 17, 2016 4:44 AM
Apr 2013
Finally got information about Starve Venom Fusion Dragon's effect. The anime effect might be different though:

May 17, 2016 7:53 AM

Jul 2015
So, are they ever going to show how to "un-card" people?
May 17, 2016 8:02 AM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:

Good question. I've always wondering why they never showed how to return people who are carded to normal. The story takes place at Xyz and Fusion dimensions now, so maybe it will be revealed in this arc.
May 17, 2016 8:06 AM

Mar 2012
Bill_the_Cat said:
They can't. If not Yuri would just card all the Yuzu's and uncard them latter.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2012
Damn... 4/5 for me

Because Kurosaki lost -_-

Would be 5/5 if he won...
May 17, 2016 8:27 PM
Sep 2012
Not to much to say about this episode, but that was a great duel between Kaito and Shun, I was on the edge of my seat on how Shun was going to get out of this, because Kaito was going to turn him into a card.

I am glad though the Yuya / Yuto is out of the bag finally, and now the story can progress and hopefully Yuto will be able to break free.
May 17, 2016 11:02 PM
Apr 2013
blfan said:
Not to much to say about this episode, but that was a great duel between Kaito and Shun, I was on the edge of my seat on how Shun was going to get out of this, because Kaito was going to turn him into a card.

I am glad though the Yuya / Yuto is out of the bag finally, and now the story can progress and hopefully Yuto will be able to break free.

I'm also glad it's out the bag, but will everyone (except Shun) believe it so easily? Yuya and Yuto maybe will try to explain and convince them by telling details that only Yuto knows, but I'm a bit worried it won't be enough for them...
May 18, 2016 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
I like Kaito's Galaxy eyes dragons in Zexal than in Arc V. When Kaito/Zexal summons his galaxy eyes, the galaxy burns and explodes in its eyes.
I even didn't see the galaxy in cipher dragon's eyes, his eyes look like a robot.
May 18, 2016 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Bill_the_Cat said:
They can't. If not Yuri would just card all the Yuzu's and uncard them latter.

That implies the writers didn't screw that up.
May 19, 2016 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
I very much like Kurosaki's character development. He's changed so much since his introduction, and for the better.

On the other hand, am I the only one getting tired of Kaito's shit? I know it's early into the Xyz arc, but he's starting to really annoy me, not quite to the extent of the Commons, but unless something changes, I get the feeling it won't take much longer.

Frost190 said:
blfan said:

I'm also glad it's out the bag, but will everyone (except Shun) believe it so easily? Yuya and Yuto maybe will try to explain and convince them by telling details that only Yuto knows, but I'm a bit worried it won't be enough for them...

I think that at the very least, Gongenzaka will believe Yuya. Not just because they're old friends, but because he was with Mieru when she mentioned two souls plus a darkness inside Yuya. Not certain about the rest of them, though.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
May 19, 2016 7:50 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:
Finally got information about Starve Venom Fusion Dragon's effect. The anime effect might be different though:

Wow, thanks. This made me finally look up Invasion of Venom on the wiki and see the new cards.

And wow, the Predatory Plants are anti-Xyz, as they make the opponent's monsters Level 1 with their counters.
Jul 29, 2016 6:57 PM

Apr 2007
A good episode to show Shun's growth throughout the series. I'm so proud :')

Of course it ends that way though. I'm glad it was finally revealed to everyone else that Yuto is inside Yuya at least.
Oct 3, 2016 4:26 AM

May 2013
Great episode and duel, reminded me a bit of the duel between Shun and Dennis.
Wonder if Kaiser will make an appearance next; him vs Kaito would be great to see to.
Not to mention Edo Phoenix is now thrown into the mix with the previous episode.
Wonder what is going on with Akaba reiji right now?
Nov 27, 2016 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
WTF! This guy Shun really just ran around going for Action card on his turn. smh at the cheese.

Glad Kaito brought up the problem with Action cards. You built a deck by yourself and put your very soul into it. Dafuq you relying on outside cards so much.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Shun won due to the unwritten rule being broken now.
RobNov 27, 2016 8:07 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2020 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
I just realized Yuto is kinda like Yami in this season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

28 by vv1 »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.