Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2016 12:00 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh pretty typical OVA special of standard length. Gotta say though, that roller coaster ride from the amusement park is quite amusing.

I had more fun watching this than the second half of the TV series lol. Damn, Nao really knows how to teach that new girl some attitude.
Mar 29, 2016 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
Shame it is not set after the series.
Mar 29, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2013
On thing that called Internet.

---

pretty funny episode. I'm little pity on that little girl when nao angry :D
Mar 29, 2016 10:20 PM
Mar 2016
Is Completely Horrible.
An free violence episode against MC.
Throughout the episode the violent heroine to insult and physically assault the MC.
Mar 30, 2016 12:38 AM

Dec 2014
ImTemP said:
Is Completely Horrible.
An free violence episode against MC.
Throughout the episode the violent heroine to insult and physically assault the MC.

Awwh did someone get upset over their precious edgy male mc getting hurt by a female character? Awwk, poor you.
Mar 30, 2016 2:54 AM
Jun 2014
linternboy said:
Shame it is not set after the series.

...just watched a few seconds of the raw version and I am really disappointed. Damn fuck this life
Mar 30, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode!

Mind reading ability was actually a bad idea!

Yuu's facial expressions were so priceless at the amusement park!!
Mar 30, 2016 11:22 AM
Oct 2015
It's kinda let down this special is not set after the series but i think this explains why Yuu fall in love with Nao.
Mar 30, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
It was quite an okay episode. I think this was also a Pre-Collapse Episode, you know before they put the entire collapse thing up ahead. In the end it was quite funny... Lel XD

Nao Nao being Nao Nao as always.
Mar 30, 2016 12:45 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was really good! I didn't really expect an episode set after the series, so i'm completely fine. The little story is very well done IMO, also the funny part in this episode was actually funny for once, really liked it.

The drama was very good. I like the idea of the mind reader plot.

8/10 for this OVA.
Mar 30, 2016 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
This ep was good 'til they decided it needed over the top forced drama.
Mar 30, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2011
Dang, while that was a good episode I really would have preferred an epilogue sort of a OVA instead.
Mar 30, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2007
Nao-chan <3
Good to see Nao back in action.
Mar 30, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2015
The story wasn't great, the twist at the end with Honoka was too much I think. Otherwise, it was really nice to watch it again, and I was reminded how much I love the op.
Mar 30, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2008
I laughed a few times, but violence towards MC irritated me too. Drama felt forced. Sick children don't make me sad anymore.
One of laughs is thanks to sub team:

Tomori said 'yahoo' at that moment.
Shiro-catMar 30, 2016 4:10 PM
Mar 30, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed watching this special and it was very satisfying imo

The first half was very comedic and fun while the second half became more serious and had some drama.

Mar 30, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2013
nice to see Nao become aggressive....and also it's good that it's not continuation of the damn bad ending of the series,..a fresh new episode with some funtime
Mar 30, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
I'm rather disappointed we didn't get an epilogue instead. For what we got... it was decent.
Mar 30, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
I rarely rate OVAs but this was such a nice special compared to the actual series so I gave it 8/10. Wished the series was 24 eps so we could develop the characters more like in this episode, we see Yuu staring at Nao and blushing, foreshadowing their romance. The OST when the duo was walking to the hospital room was beautiful, I think it's the same OST that was played at the end of episode 13.

Hopefully, Jun Maeda will make another anime and be given 24 episodes to work with.
Mar 30, 2016 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
Dem facial expressions were funny. Rest was okay-ish.
Mar 30, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2015
Shiro-cat said:
I laughed a few times, but violence towards MC irritated me too. Drama felt forced. Sick children don't make me sad anymore.
One of laughs is thanks to sub team:

Tomori said 'yahoo' at that moment.

haha yeah I lol'd a little when this happened.

I know this show wasn't that good as a whole but I still like some of the characters and wish there was an alternate universe where this show was better lol. This ova reminded me how this show had it's moments
Mar 30, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
It was way better in the first half before the drama.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, does anyone know who the black hair girl walking on water is?(its from the opening)
Mar 30, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2015
I just finished watching the OVA, and it was pretty darn good! I recommend it.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 30, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2016
I was kind of disappointed. Nao's expressions were priceless though.
Mar 30, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu makes a good punching bag
Mar 30, 2016 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a sequel OVA where maybe Yuu got his memories back or he is living his happy siscon life.
Mar 30, 2016 7:31 PM
Sep 2013
Iound it very good, but I still hope for some epilogue of sorts in the future
Mar 30, 2016 7:34 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I liked it. The comedy moments especially the boke & tsukkomi routine in the first half were totally funny. :D The drama in the second half felt forced, though. I cringed a bit. :/

Good OVA, so I rate it 7/10. I also thought this little episode would be an epilogue of sorts. Turns out this happened before the "collapse" thingamajig.

Google~
Mar 30, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
So this take place before he go off to get all the ability.
Nao outburst tho...well, she is right on that point.
9/10
Mar 30, 2016 8:03 PM

Oct 2015
I enjoyed it. I thought this is will be a sequel but it's not. The story is enjoyable.

8/10.

Ps : I thing I will re-listening ZHIEND once again
Mar 30, 2016 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
That scene where Nao was yelling was pretty cringey.
Mar 30, 2016 8:30 PM

Aug 2015
I hate this and I'm not even finished yet. Literally just shit on the MC most of the episode. Not really able to enjoy this crap. The original show was a lot better.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 30, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
Well... the episode was really cute!
Mar 30, 2016 9:55 PM

Oct 2011
So this took place before Yuu met Nao's brother in the hospital.

Her reaction to Iori's friend....being there for that person
Mar 30, 2016 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was disappointing and feel kinda stupid.
The fact that we already know what Yuu power is and now they give us this ep just made me feel stupid. I mean why won't he just steal her power and be done with it.

In the main series it might be ok since it was revealed at the last moment, but we already know his power so what the point of this OVA. Gah... no need for the feel anymore. :(
Mar 30, 2016 11:55 PM

Jan 2014
More Charlotte is always a good thing ^^
Mar 31, 2016 12:13 AM

May 2013
alinet86 said:
The fact that we already know what Yuu power is and now they give us this ep just made me feel stupid. I mean why won't he just steal her power and be done with it.

In the main series it might be ok since it was revealed at the last moment, but we already know his power so what the point of this OVA. Gah... no need for the feel anymore. :(

haha yes I thought so too.
if yuu possesed the girl on five minutes early, everything will solved. well, except her illness.
Mar 31, 2016 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
alyya said:
alinet86 said:

haha yes I thought so too.
if yuu possesed the girl on five minutes early, everything will solved. well, except her illness.

Yep the thought that we know his power already made us feel stupid watching this ep. If anything this OVA seems out of place.
Well can't do anything about her illness. But this OVA really seems out of place.
Mar 31, 2016 12:24 AM
Nov 2015
I actually enjoyed this OVA quite a lot. I think it's partially also because I wasn't expecting it to be a sequel.

The funny faces and Tomori's "Tsukkomi" is what I expected from Maeda's writing. I'd have preferred something like this over the vertical flight power-of-the-day episode or the baseball-because-we're-Key-episode that just felt really forced. There was pretty much no substance in those episodes.

Still, from a more critical point of view, this episode suffers from what most of the Charlotte episodes also had. Takajo and Yusarin were both irrelevant again despite being part of the main group. If that wasn't bad enough, it doesn't help that the only scenes they were in was one where Takajo being a megafan of Yusa was mentioned by Tomori, and Takajo asking Yuu what had happened - Literally anyone else who vaguely knew that there was a 'mind-reader' case could have done that; No substance again. The only point of that was so that the scene could continue on to Yuu talking about the aftermath of the case.

If you look it from one way, it seems similar to the other power-of-the-day episodes(with the first scenes introducing the power, then a display of it, then first half comedy before forced drama on the second and finally an ending) but it's actually way better:

The comedy was actually funny, apart from the Takajo Fan parts.

Character development for Yuu and Tomori. No guys, advertising the idol's music does not properly develop the fact that she is an idol. However, a girl with trust issues after realising she had fake friends getting angry at someone's "best friend" for not being one does.

More context on why Yuu later falls in love with Tomori helps the ship make sense. Other episodes didn't show anything of the sort, or at least not enough of it.

The power-user doesn't have a stupid resolve. The vertical-flight dude's reasoning for flying around in the private land made the least sense, but the pitcher's lack of foresight on wanting to get his friend recognized in the pro scene by cheating to let a BAD team win was also somewhat terrible.

The foreshadowing/flags aren't as forced. What? Tomori just happens to want to 'test' something on the pitcher? Also, she just happened to give her music player to Yuu just because he was interested in the songs on it? In this episode, she foreshadowed the ending of the show after asking Yuu what was on his mind.(which was relevant to the episode as it was about mind-reading)

This is the least 'critical' point so to say, but giving a character an incurable disease(that isn't the common cold) on a Maeda work, well works. That's pretty much what we'd have expected from him, not an overzealous fan of an idol talking about precious spit on the ground.

Having watched every episode of Charlotte plus this OVA, I can't stop but think of how much potential it would have had with 2 cours. I know this has been said many times over already, but I really think that it would've been way better. Hoping someone pulls a "Kanon" and does a remake of Charlotte, the same way Kyoani did with Toei's previous adaptation. P.A. Works is a great studio and all, but there really wasn't enough time alloted for this. It was Angel Beats all over again despite a statement saying that it won't happen again.
Mar 31, 2016 12:40 AM

Sep 2015
I thought some of the comedy started to get repetitive, but overall I enjoyed it!

If the second half of the anime just continued with the "ability user in trouble of the day" thing like we see in this episode, it would've been much better than the whole hot mess we got. :')

Nao blushing was also refreshing, given that she shows almost 0 romantic interest in him during the original anime.

Mar 31, 2016 12:46 AM

Jan 2016
I've been waiting for this!!!

Oh wow, I felt so satisfied! I was hoping for an episode that shows what happened after episode 13 but the OVA sure made me happy!

This is one of the 9 things that I wanted in anime and I got it today! 8 more things to go! (if you want to know the other 8 things, see my profile)

Hoping for another Charlotte OVA!!
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Mar 31, 2016 1:04 AM

Oct 2008
Having a mind reading ability is almost a glodlike skill but since it's Charlotte and a defective skill with short radius & different effects like others being able to hear also the thoughts of others makes it really inconvenient at all!
wow 1st time that we've seen Tomori Nao all agitated!
The whole episode was many laughs & small feels!
I missed watching this show!
5/5.

Mar 31, 2016 1:17 AM

Sep 2010
That was an intense showdown between the best friend and Nao. It was a pretty nice extra episode that mixed drama and comedy well.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 31, 2016 1:28 AM

Aug 2015
This episode just made me realize how much I loved and miss this show.
I'mma go cry now.
Mar 31, 2016 1:47 AM

Dec 2015
OMG this was so amzing i even cried when i see nao i loveeeeeeee this anime so much
Mar 31, 2016 2:09 AM

Oct 2014
Best episode of the whole series,

it's wonderful how this episode fills that holes during the original airing.
It completes Tomori's characterization.
And tells us when does Yuu start to include Tomori in his strike zone.
Mar 31, 2016 2:09 AM

Dec 2014
On the other hand this episode was far better than what I expected. I knew the moment it was announced it was gong to be another boring "find the user" episode set between episode 4 and 5 but this episode fit in perfectly between those episodes. The bit of development for Nao and Yuu that didn't affect the overall series was very nice and was the highlight of the episode for me.

What I don't get is why people are mad because it wasn't a sequel. The story was fully wrapped up so how would it be possible? Although it would be nice if we get a few minutes of something set after the series to see how everyone is coping with life but it's not really needed.
Mar 31, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
Damn must be harsh for the mind reading girl.
Mar 31, 2016 2:55 AM
Oct 2014
Lols, that should be placed earlier instead of those stupid episodes that didn't give anything to a plot xd
<still this s&m relationship they showed... why does japanese have such an obsession about s&m? Ughhh... If they'd show after ep13 it'd be the same -.->
Mar 31, 2016 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
The show would have been much better if they continued this format.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

9 by That1AnimeGirI »»
Jan 8, 1:55 PM

» The Image Used In The Myanimelist Entry

GPAD - Apr 4, 2016

7 by HikariNamida »»
Jan 3, 2019 6:20 PM

» After episode 13?

-Yumaol- - Sep 26, 2015

25 by gabrielrroiz »»
Mar 29, 2016 3:46 PM

» Delayed Date

SoManyRainbows - Mar 2, 2016

4 by SoManyRainbows »»
Mar 3, 2016 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.