Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2016 2:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the director Roger actually duels? I was not expecting that. Anti gear golem...

Man this episode was insane. Loved the way Happy World came to alive. It really bought new excitement to the playing field that got everyone hyped up. Good duel.
Mar 27, 2016 2:41 AM

May 2013
THE POWER OF EGAOOOOOOOOO 11/10 Episode

And Jean in the preview wow
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 27, 2016 2:42 AM

Oct 2014
Poor Jack just can't escape the fate of getting owned by weak monsters indirectly.
Mar 27, 2016 2:45 AM

Mar 2012
I've keep getting impressed with Roger VA making his sanity slippage more awesome.

(Have only watch Eps 99 PV)
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 27, 2016 3:00 AM
Dec 2011
- Yuya beats Jack.
- Lazar (Yeager) appears, and he's a rich dude
- The City is united.
- Roger kidnaps Yuzu and wants to trade his way back into Academia by offering Yuzu.
- Roger beat both Sora and Tsukikage (the f how??)
- Reiji ready to pummel Roger.
- Roger duels!!
- Uses Fusion and Ancient Gears, and wow... his best combo is equipping a damage inflicting monster with a shield... -_- Reiji definitely wins this.
- Hahahahaha, the preview for the next episode, when Roger announces ''Otanoshimi wa kore kara da!!'' with the voice of a maniac!
- If anything, Roger served as great comic relief these past 15 episodes.
Mar 27, 2016 3:00 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
Poor Jack just can't escape the fate of getting owned by weak monsters indirectly.
wow the new ancient gear monster roger summoned is creepy
Mar 27, 2016 4:55 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:

- Hahahahaha, the preview for the next episode, when Roger announces ''Otanoshimi wa kore kara da!!'' with the voice of a maniac!

Sora, Dennis, and Yugo using Yuya's catchphrase is fine, but Roger of all people?! What the heck?! It's disgusting. It's just not right! Roger should just disappear already! Beat him Reiji!
Mar 27, 2016 5:05 AM

Mar 2012
There is also Rua friend with glasses in case somebody miss it.

Man that long build up really paid in the end. My grip now for this arc is Yugo and Yuri situation that still unknown. Everything else is perfect even with the slow start.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 27, 2016 5:31 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

Sora, Dennis, and Yugo using Yuya's catchphrase is fine, but Roger of all people?! What the heck?! It's disgusting. It's just not right! Roger should just disappear already! Beat him Reiji!

- He'll get beaten, but I get a feeling he'll say something like ''But you haven't seen the last of me!!'' and then teleport himself and Yuzu randomly across the dimensions, which would explain why they are searching for Yuzu again at the beginning of the Xyz Arc.

NeoAnkara said:

- Yeah, on the balcony. He's Dexter in the dub, but idk his name in the original.
Mar 27, 2016 5:34 AM
Jun 2011
Tigardrenalin said:
Frost190 said:

- He'll get beaten, but I get a feeling he'll say something like ''But you haven't seen the last of me!!'' and then teleport himself and Yuzu randomly across the dimensions, which would explain why they are searching for Yuzu again at the beginning of the Xyz Arc.

NeoAnkara said:

- Yeah, on the balcony. He's Dexter in the dub, but idk his name in the original.
i dont think he will teleport with yuzu becouse from her smile in the preview i guess they will save her. also next week is one hour special so we dont know for sure
Mar 27, 2016 5:38 AM

Mar 2012
Next week is one hour special with episode 99-100 airing straight. Also in episode 100
Mar 27, 2016 6:01 AM
Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Next week is one hour special with episode 99-100 airing straight. Also in episode 100

Don't forget the title of episode 101...

Speaking about Yugo, I feel very sorry for him because he missed his chance in the tournament and couldn't be part of this moment even though he is the resident of City. I'm also frustrated myself of his disappearance...
Miya190Mar 27, 2016 6:09 AM
Mar 27, 2016 6:05 AM

Mar 2012
Frost190 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Don't forget the title of episode 101...
Next week also mark the change of OP&ED(from episode 100).
Mar 27, 2016 6:22 AM

May 2013
Yeah, even though people keep on bashing this arc I still enjoyed it. Although let me be salty about Yugo and Yuri's disappearance (even though I'm not blaming Yuzu with this) man.

At the good side though since Neo and Frost said it and I'm happy and excited for the next arc
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 27, 2016 6:25 AM
Dec 2011
elior1 said:
i dont think he will teleport with yuzu becouse from her smile in the preview i guess they will save her. also next week is one hour special so we dont know for sure

But the preview from ep 100 says they get separated again, also I didn't mean Roger takes her away with him, I meant that both of them get randomly teleported but not to the same place... Well, that's just a hunch in case Roger doesn't get arrested
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ARC-V_-_Episode_100
Mar 27, 2016 6:27 AM
Apr 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Yeah, even though people keep on bashing this arc I still enjoyed it. Although let me be salty about Yugo and Yuri's disappearance (even though I'm not blaming Yuzu with this) man.

At the good side though since Neo and Frost said it and I'm happy and excited for the next arc

About the two characters you mentioned in the tag, let's not get our hopes too high. There were some episodes that showed some characters names to appear in that episode, but it turned out to be simply them in some flashback from previous episodes. (_ _lll)

I wish that won't be the case next week. I miss the two of them already, so I want them to make some real appearance.
Mar 27, 2016 6:32 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
elior1 said:

But the preview from ep 100 says they get separated again, also I didn't mean Roger takes her away with him, I meant that both of them get randomly teleported but not to the same place... Well, that's just a hunch in case Roger doesn't get arrested

According to the latest magazine spoiler, the cause of them being separated is this:
Mar 27, 2016 6:37 AM
Dec 2011
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

According to the latest magazine spoiler, the cause of them being separated is this:

Ok, but my money's still on Roger being the cause, as a last ditch effort, Roger being the long-nosed sneaky villain that he is xD
Mar 27, 2016 7:22 AM
Apr 2013
Tigardrenalin said:
Frost190 said:

Ok, but my money's still on Roger being the cause, as a last ditch effort, Roger being the long-nosed sneaky villain that he is xD

I guess it's not impossible for Roger to somehow tampered their Duel Disks. And it was also mentioned that "Roger's appearance suddenly changed", and maybe that change gives him some sort of ability or technology to affect the Duel Disks...
Mar 27, 2016 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

I guess it's not impossible for Roger to somehow tampered their Duel Disks. And it was also mentioned that "Roger's appearance suddenly changed", and maybe that change gives him some sort of ability or technology to affect the Duel Disks...
No my guess is that he just getting buffy like Godwin and Faker.
Mar 27, 2016 7:44 AM
Sep 2015
If Roger is going to use burn effects, Reiji can just use Oracle King d'Arc to gain life points right? Also I really love Roger's VA, he's done an excellent job. Even though they don't have the same duel disks that the Lancers do, I wonder if the allies such as Enjoy, Crow, and Jack will cross dimensions with them as well.
Mar 27, 2016 8:12 AM
Dec 2011
richi1234 said:
If Roger is going to use burn effects, Reiji can just use Oracle King d'Arc to gain life points right? Also I really love Roger's VA, he's done an excellent job. Even though they don't have the same duel disks that the Lancers do, I wonder if the allies such as Enjoy, Crow, and Jack will cross dimensions with them as well.

Judging from the preview, he'll probably use Beowulf to destroy that shield and waste Roger's burn.

NeoAnkara said:
No my guess is that he just getting buffy like Godwin and Faker.

Please, no more muscular arc final bosses in yugioh... You forgot Kagemaru from GX
Mar 27, 2016 8:48 AM
Aug 2014
What an amazing episode. Great to see the city getting united. I loved the part where everyone simutaneously did the final attack. Also great to see Yeager and Rua's friend again. Small references, but nice to old 5Ds watchers.

Honestly didn't think Roger could duel. Was honestly surprised (and unsurprised at same time) that he used Ancient Gears. He's starting out with a great combo, but of course, no one wins against Reiji! That said, I hope to see more DDD cards.
Mar 27, 2016 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
Arc-V stop being so gorgeous. The power of EGAO can truly overcome anything when used at right times.

I really love it how crazy they're pushing Roger to be to the point where he's both insane and salty at the same time. At least his "unbreakable" combo is totally destroyed by Reiji next turn...

Also Roger's Fusion summon hand sign thingy is different from the others'.

Can it already be next Sunday? :3 I wonder which random cameos will we see in Xyz Dimension? Maybe some of the random guys who were possessed by some Number in one episode as the members of Resistance?
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Mar 27, 2016 1:53 PM
Aug 2015
Frost190 said:
Tigardrenalin said:

He might change into a duel chas- no thats a stupid idea, who would come up with that?!
Mar 28, 2016 5:48 AM
Dec 2014
Okay guys I understand Roger beating Blue ninja but how dafaq did he beat Sora? Btw wtf did Sora die?
CanadianCourageMar 28, 2016 5:54 AM
Mar 28, 2016 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
CanadianCourage said:
Okay guys I understand Roger beating Blue ninja but how dafaq did he beat Sora? Btw wtf did Sora die?
He must have anti-fusion deck the same one that Obelisk Force use to capture Serena.
Mar 28, 2016 6:43 AM
Dec 2011
NeoAnkara said:
CanadianCourage said:
He must have anti-fusion deck the same one that Obelisk Force use to capture Serena.

Ok, this is so wrong in so many ways. First, during the time against the obelisk force, they nerfed a ninja guy who could grab at least 14 action cards (shuriken damage = 300 x the number of action cards discarded) in one duel (and he does so at the speed of light!)... Second, people now think Sora is better than Tsukikage just because Sora saved him that one time (and Sora wouldn't have won either if it weren't for Tsukikage's effect transfer trap). And now, they nerf both Sora and Tsukikage against that idiot Roger... Is Roger really that powerful as a duelist or are they playing the plot armor again like they did with Yuya/Barret/Sergey duel
Mar 28, 2016 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
Tigardrenalin said:
NeoAnkara said:

Ok, this is so wrong in so many ways. First, during the time against the obelisk force, they nerfed a ninja guy who could grab at least 14 action cards (shuriken damage = 300 x the number of action cards discarded) in one duel (and he does so at the speed of light!)... Second, people now think Sora is better than Tsukikage just because Sora saved him that one time (and Sora wouldn't have won either if it weren't for Tsukikage's effect transfer trap). And now, they nerf both Sora and Tsukikage against that idiot Roger... Is Roger really that powerful as a duelist or are they playing the plot armor again like they did with Yuya/Barret/Sergey duel
Because Roger know Academia top brass like Yuri plus know Professor plan so he must have great influence in Academia. Of course to know that he must have great power to do so.
Mar 28, 2016 7:12 AM
Dec 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Tigardrenalin said:

Because Roger know Academia top brass like Yuri plus know Professor plan so he must have great influence in Academia. Of course to know that he must have great power to do so.

That is plausable. Or its just Reiji needs his time to shine in this arc :D
But I don't think Roger really knows Yuri, because from what I watched and its translations he always refers to Yuri as ''that Yuri'', the Yuri Dennis mentioned during his duel, not as someone he knows personally. He was just afraid of him coming here because Yuri alone captured both Ruri and Rin.
Mar 28, 2016 7:13 AM
Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Tigardrenalin said:

Well, the Professor did order him to go to Synchro Dimension to keep an eye on it alone, so it's possible that he is one of higher ups in Academia.

Tigardrenalin said:

But I don't think Roger really knows Yuri, because from what I watched and its translations he always refers to Yuri as ''that Yuri'', the Yuri Dennis mentioned during his duel, not as someone he knows personally. He was just afraid of him coming here because Yuri alone captured both Ruri and Rin.

Roger referred to Yuri as "Ano Yuri to iu otoko", which means "That man called Yuri". If Roger knows him personally, there's no way he would refer him like that. So I agreed with you.
Miya190Mar 28, 2016 7:18 AM
Mar 28, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
Tigardrenalin said:
NeoAnkara said:

He know about Yuri existence and his strength since Yuri also serve as Professor ace but since Yuri is top secret agent chance is that he only know passing mention of him.
Mar 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
Tigardrenalin said:

Remember how scared Roger was when he was talking about Yuri? He might possibly know something from Leo, having heard about him or from others that he's the right hand of Leo. I think that alone signifies/implies how powerful he must be.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Mar 28, 2016 1:52 PM
Apr 2013
Where's Yugo? Why does he have so little screen time?

How important do you think Yugo is? Do you think he end up like Yuto? Yuya already learned fusion and synchron, so that probably won't happen. So far Yugo haven't contributed much to the story though.
Mar 28, 2016 5:18 PM
Apr 2013
Deathsaurus said:
Where's Yugo? Why does he have so little screen time?

How important do you think Yugo is? Do you think he end up like Yuto? Yuya already learned fusion and synchron, so that probably won't happen. So far Yugo haven't contributed much to the story though.

Other than the fact he's one of key characters to one of the mysteries of the story (what kind of connection he has with Yuya, Yuto, and Yuri), he really haven't done anything that's pivotal. If Yugo get more screen time in Xyz Dimension arc, I have a mixed feeling. First, because he get a screen time in other dimension while he get little screen time in his own dimension doesn't feel right to me. Second, his progress feels being dragged around.

The animation director already said that both Yuto and Yugo will have their times to shine, but just how long we must wait to see it? I really hope that time is not during near the end of the series.
Mar 28, 2016 6:24 PM
Dec 2014
Tigardrenalin said:
NeoAnkara said:

if you look at their fights Sora fights are better, besides Moon shadow and sun shadow were of an equivalent power lvls and Sora carded sun shadow easy mode. This shows that while moon shadow is strong, I was just more surprised that Sora lost then moon shadow
Mar 29, 2016 9:36 AM

Feb 2013
They destroyed Jack's character,this anime seems to be getting from worse to worser.
That must have been the most lame duel I've ever seen.
Mar 29, 2016 12:59 PM
Dec 2011
FiAS said:
So everyone from Academia besides Sora and Yuri are using ancient gear? Talk about being repetitive.

But at least Roger has his own fusion

CanadianCourage said:
Tigardrenalin said:

if you look at their fights Sora fights are better, besides Moon shadow and sun shadow were of an equivalent power lvls and Sora carded sun shadow easy mode. This shows that while moon shadow is strong, I was just more surprised that Sora lost then moon shadow

That's still nerfing a highly skilled ninja dude against a kid, and I kind of feel that Sun Shadow was even stronger than Moon Shadow because Moon Shadow is the defensive brother, while Sun Shadow attacks...
Mar 29, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2014
wow that was pretty cool!! I didn't expect every solved in just 1 turn and like Yusei did in the 5D saga xD

a happy conclusion for City, no more tops and commons.

lol Roger got mad and gonna fight REIJI!! yus! (it almost literally a year since we saw a complete Reiji battle)
Mar 29, 2016 4:47 PM

Sep 2007
Was a pretty good ending for the fight.
I was moved when all the City was behind our hero !
Mar 29, 2016 7:15 PM
Sep 2012
Well we kind of wrapping this up, Yuya defeats Jack, becomes the new king and unites the city, awesome. It was great to see, though I want to see Jack and Crow interact.

Just like they should the do nothing council is dissolved, what the future government is yet to be determained, but we do have Acadamia to deal with, they might have to wait.

But dam that Roger with all this commotion, he used that and tried to run away with Yuzu and use her as a bargaining chip with Acadamia. Thankfully Reji is there to slow him down. Now Roger is going to get you, he messed with Yuzu, now face the wrath of the new king.

Next week we have two next episodes, one hour special, which concludes with the 100th episode I expect something as we move onto the next dimension.
Mar 29, 2016 8:41 PM

Oct 2011
Roger dueling set up OMG 0___0
Mar 29, 2016 9:11 PM

Mar 2012
I loved this episode!!! Even if I saw this coming a mile away, it's great to see Reiji as the one who will deliver a well needed smack down to Roger. He's been the one in direct opposition to Roger this whole arc, carefully feeling each other out in a giant chess game.

On that note, I'm a little disappointed that Roger is just another Antique Gear user. With his love of the chess motif, I thought they'd give him a fusion centered chess based archetype for his deck. And another thing...how the hell can he so proudly spout that senseless praise of "this impenetrable combo!"? That combo is as flimsy as wet tissue paper. Sure the monster is immune, but the shield isn't. If he dared to play that against almost every duelist in the real world we'd all be like "MST dude." Then he's left with an 1800 DEF weakling.
Mar 30, 2016 1:28 AM
Apr 2013
FiAS said:
So everyone from Academia besides Sora and Yuri are using ancient gear? Talk about being repetitive.

And Selena, and Barrett
Mar 30, 2016 2:21 AM

May 2012
One of the best episodes so far! Yuuya is the new King, and the City is finally united! Roger is now on his threshold of madness...or even beyond that. Reiji is duelling Roger in a boss duel, Antique Gears...seems like all the higher ups have those monsters. And that Antique Gear Devil looks cool. I couldn't stop laughing when Roger said "The fun has just began!" in the preview!!! Cannot wait for ep 99, Reiji hasn't really duelled lately other than taking out the Security, so I wonder if he'll use Pendulums too.

Mar 30, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
chaosflame5 said:
One of the best episodes so far! Yuuya is the new King, and the City is finally united! Roger is now on his threshold of madness...or even beyond that. Reiji is duelling Roger in a boss duel, Antique Gears...seems like all the higher ups have those monsters. And that Antique Gear Devil looks cool. I couldn't stop laughing when Roger said "The fun has just began!" in the preview!!! Cannot wait for ep 99, Reiji hasn't really duelled lately other than taking out the Security, so I wonder if he'll use Pendulums too.
The wikia says he uses a pendulum monster, so I think he will use pendulum summons
Mar 30, 2016 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
Jack's beloved ramen! :D
Mar 30, 2016 6:03 PM
Sep 2015
Also the coolest thing about the Yuya Jack finale, aside from the 5Ds cameos was the Junk Warrior-esque finish by Yuya, using smaller monsters to help his bigger monster defeat Jack's ace.
Mar 30, 2016 10:37 PM
Feb 2015
VerneJules said:
Jack's beloved ramen! :D

Nice, Love this :D
Mar 30, 2016 10:48 PM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
chaosflame5 said:
The wikia says he uses a pendulum monster, so I think he will use pendulum summons

For someone who already mastered all four summoning methods, I'll be surprised if he doesn't use Pendulum in his Duel against Roger, especially considering how useful Pendulum Summon is.

New info for episode 101:

Miya190Mar 31, 2016 4:44 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

28 by vv1 »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.