Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, this episode was kinda intense.

Definitely nice to see Hermes Familia (I think their voices fits) make their appearances this episode in the dungeons. Plenty of action going down with the OST. I'm satisfied.

Freaky rabbits

I think I like Hermes the most from the group.
Stark700Jun 5, 2015 10:59 AM
Jun 5, 2015 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
I liked the fights in this episode. J.C Staff obviously did a good job once again.
Jun 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
Man, who woulda figured cute little bunnies could be so deadly? Seeing Hestia entering the dungeon should be good...
Jun 5, 2015 11:00 AM
Feb 2015
Wow lots of action. Love it!! Man poor bell and his group, they got monsters dumped on them and they are trapped. Hestia how has to save them with some help from Hermes. I wonder if HESTIA and Hermes have any powers?

The girl from the dinner looks really cool. Looking forward to the next episode for sure!!!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2015
Wow we were in lala land about to take a right onto sunshine road these last two episodes then boom! Shit hits the fan! And when it hits it hits hard! Great episode really felt the tension and the pressure. Fucking slut messing with bell-kun. I swear watch her do some magic and resurrect Goliath early....OMG that would be fucking intense. The wait begins.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 5, 2015 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
The minotaur scene reminded me a lot of SNK.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 5, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2013
Bell doing all the work. Hope Hestia and the others find them soon.
Jun 5, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
Brings back memories when i was still playing MMO's, those guys that ran past you while being on the run where very annoying.
They are really one of the worst kind of players you can encounter.

And here it's even worse in the anime that is seeing as they can't simple respawn as they see fit.
I have to say that i am very interested in the group that's going to save them what kind of powers do the have and how will they fare.
Jun 5, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
Here comes Ryu , at long last. And Asufi too. Those too are awesome in fight, hope they'll animate them properly in the remaining episodes x].

-It's bell-sama.
-Yes, definitely bell.

->That recurring joke with that type of monster always make me laugh x).

As always, regretting that they aren't making the monsters look more dreadful. Hellhounds looks like normal wolves both in size and aspect.
Regretting we didn't see that heroic block from Mikoto right before the Pass Parade.

Outside of that, except that it still feels rushed (I thought it would slow down from no on, but didn't really felt that way)

We actually saw Naza Urusuisu for like 2 seconds when they were together in the church, she was right besides Miach. Didn't speak, though. That was her lass chance to appear properly in the anime. Such a interesting character, yet she never got a chance to show herself in the anime, truly a huge loss imo.

Outside of that, it was entertaining. I think the voices cast for all the new characters is fitting too. Hermes actually look better in the anime than the LN, I'd say.
Also, glad that the fire protection garments were mentioned properly as well as the fact that it was Eina who requested those, before going into dungeon scenes again.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2015 11:11 AM
Jun 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
The middle floors were quite intriguing already, can't help but build some expectations for floor bosses and future floors.

Hearing about "pass parade" is really interesting, it just makes me think how there are probably a lot tactics out there. It actually becomes a little grim knowing how there would have had been victims and the people who slipped away surviving.

The formation of the search party, some members looks quite promising.

Bell with that heavy attack skill to kill a few minotaurs was amazing.
Jun 5, 2015 11:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well now we've actually surpassed the amount of content which is currently translated from the LNs so this is new to me as well for the first time. How about dem apples~

Anyways this really reminded me of some RPG gaming experiences of my own when you accidentally end up somewhere where you're really in over your head and desperately try to find a way back to safety. Pretty intruiguing really
Jun 5, 2015 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
Bell being boss again. And the search party begins its quest
Jun 5, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Why is hestia wearing glasses? :3
Jun 5, 2015 11:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Melcookie96 said:
To disguise herself? Gods aren't supposed to enter the dungeon after all, she's breaking the rules by entering
Jun 5, 2015 11:42 AM

Feb 2014
Bell's party sure got into a lot of trouble this time.... and those guys "helped" when they led the monsters near Bell and the others.

Hestia really wants to bring Bell back, she even formed a search party. Well, everything is probably going to be ok, I doubt something really bad will happen to them.

Bell really looked like Levi when he killed that minotaure, with all those spins. He even wore a cape like the Scouting Legion.
Jun 5, 2015 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Melcookie96 said:
To disguise herself? Gods aren't supposed to enter the dungeon after all, she's breaking the rules by entering

ohhh thats why o_o

thanks random person
Jun 5, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like Bell and the rest won't hold out much longer. I have a really bad feeling they're going to end up running into the floor boss Goliath.

I like Ryu's new outfit <3 I wonder what level she is?
Jun 5, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2012
Bell's second skill is pretty much damn OP, killing those minotaurs in just one blow.

Will the Hestia and her company reach Bell-kun's party before they reach the 18th floor or will Bell somehow have to fight against 17th floor's boss where that bitch of a goddess again is preparing just for him?

Anyway from what I heard, Bell have to face that Goliath sooner or later, then Bell will reach the next level again in a more impressive time. So that is something to look forward to.
Jun 5, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Man, talk about a brutal difficulty curve. Also, Bell looked pretty badass after killing the minotaurs with that heavy weapon. He really hates those suckers doesn't he?
Jun 5, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Zefyris said:
Here comes Ryu , at long last. And Asufi too. Those too are awesome in fight, hope they'll animate them properly in the remaining episodes x].

-It's bell-sama.
-Yes, definitely bell.

->That recurring joke with that type of monster always make me laugh x).

As always, regretting that they aren't making the monsters look more dreadful. Hellhounds looks like normal wolves both in size and aspect.
Regretting we didn't see that heroic block from Mikoto right before the Pass Parade.

Outside of that, except that it still feels rushed (I thought it would slow down from no on, but didn't really felt that way)

We actually saw Naza Urusuisu for like 2 seconds when they were together in the church, she was right besides Miach. Didn't speak, though. That was her lass chance to appear properly in the anime. Such a interesting character, yet she never got a chance to show herself in the anime, truly a huge loss imo.

Outside of that, it was entertaining. I think the voices cast for all the new characters is fitting too. Hermes actually look better in the anime than the LN, I'd say.
Also, glad that the fire protection garments were mentioned properly as well as the fact that it was Eina who requested those, before going into dungeon scenes again.

Considering that Fire is pretty much the main elemental theme of the monsters down in the Level 2 Dungeon Areas, I was positive that they would go back to explaining the Salamander Cloaks for sure.

I'm glad that they introduced Take's Familia before entering the dungeon, and I somewhat sympathize for them.
It made me a bit mad at how Mikoto messed up by thinking that she would be able to carry the weaker members of her team and ended up being forced in that situation to bypass Bell's team for their own safety, and I keep on having to remind myself that they really had little choice at all (considering how only three of Mikoto's team were actually Floor 13 and below ready, and one of them was injured...). Still, I think Mikoto knows that she messed up, though it's not much consolation to Hestia. I've always been surprised at how calm Hestia can be in front of others during desperate situations.

The Usagi=Bell joke never gets old, and I'm really glad that they kept the stink pouch scene in the show as well.

Totally agree with your assessment of the Monster animations, I think I've complained about it before as well. They just don't look all that threatening to me.....

I'd always wondered how they would animate the Will O Wisp that Welf used. I'm a bit surprised here. It looked more like he used a strong draft of wind to blow the Hellhound's attack back into his body, which isn't exactly how it's suppose to work...

Been waiting for Ryu's appearance in the Dungeons for a long time now. Her and Asufi will be fun to watch.

They did the first two chapters of Vol. 5 here, that is to say they did kind of slow things down already. I'm expecting the Dungeon resort next week, then the buildup to the final battle in Episode 12, leaving SS Goliath and the epilogue for the last episode. I would consider this normal pacing already. It's kind of sad to think back and say that if they had 24 episodes, then the first 4 Volumes could have skipped a lot less things, and still be paced like it is now. We would have had so many more dungeon fights!

Welp.... hindsight is always 20/20. I can't wait to see the look on Bell's face when Hestia catches up to him XD
L-RyoshiJun 5, 2015 12:05 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 5, 2015 12:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Melcookie96 said:
HaXXspetten said:

ohhh thats why o_o

thanks random person
I've been demoted to random person status now? ;__;
Jun 5, 2015 12:14 PM

Aug 2014
As an some one who enjoys fantasy games, I like the sense of peril within the dungeon.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 5, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
YanLars said:
Bell's second skill is pretty much damn OP, killing those minotaurs in just one blow.

Yes, very OP. Now he'll have to drink potion to even be able to fight his next encounter since it drained most of its stamina and mind in one attack. It's incredibly powerful, but when you're inside a dungeon, that attack is almost suicidal, especially since they lost most of their potion when the ceiling collapsed.

YanLars said:
Will the Hestia and her company reach Bell-kun's party before they reach the 18th floor or will Bell somehow have to fight against 17th floor's boss where that bitch of a goddess again is preparing just for him?

Freiya has absolutely NOTHING to do with Bell's current situation. She isn't preparing anything, nor did she cause the current situation.

L-Ryoshi said:
It made me a bit mad at how Mikoto messed up by thinking that she would be able to carry the weaker members of her team and ended up being forced in that situation to bypass Bell's team for their own safety, and I keep on having to remind myself that they really had little choice at all (considering how only three of Mikoto's team were actually Floor 13 and below ready, and one of them was injured...). Still, I think Mikoto knows that she messed up, though it's not much consolation to Hestia. I've always been surprised at how calm Hestia can be in front of others during desperate situations.

What are you talking about? It's not Mikoto who messed up. Mikoto was against this, the Familia leader from takemikaduchi is Ouka (who is the most ancient level 2 in that familia, Mikoto is just a fresh level 2 from a few days/weeks before), not Mikoto, she didn't have a thing to do with it. Rather, she feels very bad for this happening even though she isn't directly responsible of Ouka's choice.

L-Ryoshi said:
I'd always wondered how they would animate the Will O Wisp that Welf used. I'm a bit surprised here. It looked more like he used a strong draft of wind to blow the Hellhound's attack back into his body, which isn't exactly how it's suppose to work...

I think it was ok somehow though, at least compared to monsters. Except the fact that the fire was shown being pushed back (on this point I agree, was a bit surprised to see them animating it that way), indeed, but the spell animation itself wasn't half bad. But then aghain, they never explained once the phenomenon of magic going berserk even though it was discussed multiple time in the LN. So right now, even if they say "it forces a Igni Fatuus on the enemy casting a spell" , this isn't going to explain anything to anime watchers x(.

L-Ryoshi said:
-snip- It's kind of sad to think back and say that if they had 24 episodes, then the first 4 Volumes could have skipped a lot less things, and still be paced like it is now. We would have had so many more dungeon fights!

Be careful about spoiler here.
But yes, it was deserving 24 episodes rather than 13 if they wanted to go that far.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2015 12:26 PM
Jun 5, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
Ah...ninja pullers !
Jun 5, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep! It's nice to watch an ep without knowing what happens nxt this time since I haven't read vol5.

The despair is real! Really like how they're having to go down to the 18th level already :O
I really wonder if they really won't encounter Goliath ^^;

DAT Bell vs Minotaurs!!! FRIGGIN BA!! He REKT 4 in an instant O_o!!! HAX!! lol
And Welf's got quite the nice magic there too.

Really loved the scene when Take's familia kneeling to Hestia with the god rays. She deserves that much respect :P Liking Hermes quite a bit. He seems interesting. And Asfi with him seems quite cute <3 Ryuu joining the fray was awesome to see >.<!! The hype is real for this rescue mission!
Jun 5, 2015 12:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
If this is how the middle floors are, I shudder to think what things are like at the top levels.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Farabeuf said:
If this is how the middle floors are, I shudder to think what things are like at the top levels.

you mean the lower levels, since the upper levels are the levels bell was before. Remember, it goes down rather than up.

Jan 2015
This episode was insane. 5/5
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nice fight scenes, especially the last one o.o Bell is a boss!

Hestia is stupid, just saying. Has she even thought that someone could betray her and tell that she was in the dungeon? -__-

Also Ryu looks sick!
Jun 5, 2015 12:33 PM

Dec 2013
Zefyris said:

L-Ryoshi said:

What are you talking about? It's not Mikoto who messed up. Mikoto was against this, the Familia leader from takemikaduchi is Ouka (who is the most ancient level 2 in that familia, Mikoto is just a fresh level 2 from a few days/weeks before), not Mikoto, she didn't have a thing to do with it. Rather, she feels very bad for this happening even though she isn't directly responsible of Ouka's choice.

L-Ryoshi said:
-snip- It's kind of sad to think back and say that if they had 24 episodes, then the first 4 Volumes could have skipped a lot less things, and still be paced like it is now. We would have had so many more dungeon fights!

Be careful about spoiler here.
But yes, it was deserving 24 episodes rather than 13 if they wanted to go that far.

I guess you're right about Mikoto and Ouka, I was unfairly grouping all of their Level 2s together under her name.
I still think she could have spoken up against Ouka's decision before they went down to those floors though. I'm still quite upset at Take's whole Familia for in Eina terms "Going on an Adventure". When we saw Bell do so, not once did he ever make trouble for other people, but this time, Take's adventurers did the exact opposite.

As for the spoilers, I don't really consider it much of a spoiler, both the Floor Boss name and the resort I mentioned came up in this episode already, so I think I'm safe ;)
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 5, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
ninja + elf....
epic combo ^^b
bruh
Jun 5, 2015 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
@L-Ryoshi
That's actually a huge spoiler if you think about it.

As for Takemikaduchi's family, if you think about it, this isn't their first time in the middle level AT ALL. If it was, they wouldn't have level 2. So they have been going to that level again and again, until Ouka leveled up, and then Mikoto leveled up, and they're still going now, for Chigusa and others to level up. They had a very bad luck with the ampount of monsters that came at them and Chigusa was badly hurt as the result, forcing them to run. Pass parade isn't rare in danmachi world. And most familia don't go to the other familia to apologize and help afterwards. I would say that it's actually Bell's group fault here, to adventure into middle level with such an underwhelming group.
Takemikaduchi's familia have a really high honour, that's why they ame to Hestia like this. Ouka choose to do a pass parade because he had under his responsibility the lives of his comrades and there was no other possibilities. I their was another choice, he would have took it instead.
Jun 5, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2011
I really enjoy this episode! It's nice to see a party working together.

I'm curious about Hermes, what he wants... Well, I'm waiting the next week!

Aversa said:
Brings back memories when i was still playing MMO's, those guys that ran past you while being on the run where very annoying.
They are really one of the worst kind of players you can encounter.

+1.
Jun 5, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
Sweet, they're back in the action, and Bell is once again in over his head. Loved the action, and i love how every time Bell faces off against a minotaur, he gets better and better. He whooped that minotaur ass this time for sure. I'm beginning to think minotaurs are his nemesis race.

Dammit, now i have to wait another week...
Jun 5, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
such a great series

Ninja Ryu at the end. i bet she used to be a higher level adventurer

the sound everytime hermes patted asufi haha

Hestia is bestia http://i.imgur.com/vMYUQKq.gifv

anyone know if the light novel was popular before the anime started?
xSanoxJun 5, 2015 12:50 PM
Jun 5, 2015 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode! 5/5. Wow Bell is awesome in this episode, that second skill really drained a lot of stamina huh.

I wonder why Gods are forbidden in the dungeon, too OP? That new God, Hermes, is a funny guy. I like how there's a *pop* sound when he put his hand on his subordinate.

I was expecting Aiz to come save Bell like she always does lol. Aiz saving Bell is almost always repeated that I thought she will come again.

Well next week gonna be awesome it seems. 2 Gods, lots of strong people, and that badass elf from bar.

Jun 5, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
idk if i missed something, but couldn't they have used that stink sack to go back up the dungeon? whatever. at least we get to see ryu in action.
Jun 5, 2015 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
xSanox said:

Yes, it was selling very very well for a LN series.

LusciousLobsters said:
idk if i missed something, but couldn't they have used that stink sack to go back up the dungeon? whatever. at least we get to see ryu in action.

I'll explain that. They fell through 2 levels by a hole, meaning they have no idea of where they are in that specific level. Dungeon levels, especially the maze like ones, are almost impossible to find back your way without turning around for hours, because they are gigantic (by gigantic, I mean that even if you know where you are and know the map, it would take several hours to go from one side to another)and full of dead ends. There is only one place with stairs up, but those levels have a lot of holes going to the lower levels. Meaning than rather than trying to find the stairs, there is far more hope in finding holes.

They lost most of their equipment, including most of their potions when the celling fell and when afterwards they fell themselves 2 levels lower. They're wounded, and starting to reach their limits both in mind and stamina. There's no way they can hope getting out from the level 15 and then the level 14 if they search the stairs.

It wasn't very well explained in the anime, but Lili's way of thinking is seriously something else. She came up with a very bold and courageous idea than most adventurers in this situation wouldn't have thought about , let alone dared to suggest to their party member and apply it.

Lili is truly the coordinator of the group, and the brain. She's one hell of a supporter.
ZefyrisJun 5, 2015 1:00 PM
Jun 5, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
Zefyris said:
xSanox said:

makes it even more questionable why they decided to only make a 13 episode series and are rushing through the content

Jun 5, 2015 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
Leeeeroooooyyyyyyy Jenkinnnnssss!!!
Jun 5, 2015 12:57 PM

Mar 2015
xSanox said:
Zefyris said:

makes it even more questionable why they decided to only make a 13 episode series and are rushing through the content

Lots of Light Novel anime adaptations are rushed. Oregairu, arguably one of the best selling LN, recently have their episode being rushed.

Jun 5, 2015 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Bell's party sure has a lot of troubles.
Jun 5, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
This episode made me remember my MMO times... they lure monsters and bring them to us thus killing all of our PT members..... d*ck move.
Bell continues to be badass! J.C staff is really pulling out the budget eh!!
Jun 5, 2015 1:09 PM

Dec 2007
Who was that ninja girl at the end?
Jun 5, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
Darude said:
Who was that ninja girl at the end?

Ryu the elf maid

Jun 5, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
hermes the rebel lol

NIJANINJAAAA
Jun 5, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
Hestia got a nice party. Though I think Bell can handle everything by himself
Jun 5, 2015 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
Mallony said:
Hestia got a nice party. Though I think Bell can handle everything by himself
He would already be dead without Lili and Welf by now...
Jun 5, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty intense episode.

Hestia really did look like a goddess with that light behind her :P

Wow Bell wrecked those Minataurs!
Jun 5, 2015 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
LusciousLobsters said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one that thought it was kinda dumb how they did that. They use it going down when they could have used it going back up. Now, from my understanding, once they get saved by the others they will have to go back through all the levels anyway to get out while still being wounded.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

561 by UmbralBahamut »»
Jun 6, 12:38 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

246 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

234 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

242 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

417 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 24, 8:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.