Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2015 4:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the second movie is out. Runs about 1 hour and 20+ minutes...

Starts with some amusing fan service stuff but it got to the serious parts later on. It looks like it covered Summer's arc which also featured a bit of the beach setting. I swear, all the guys are just drooling at Mitsuru A decent amount of screen time for Makoto this movie as he meets some new interesting people...

Great action though but also a bit of emotions. I can feel the hate and tragedy near the end there. Well, not a happy way to conclude the film anyways.
Mar 11, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
I was so happy when I saw it was finally up and subbed.. BUT THOSE FEELS!! I was not expecting that to happen in the second movie!! I was expecting it on the beginning of the third!! Was I the only one who lost what little dignity he had left right as the credits started rolling? I mean I saw that scene like 10 times and it still hurt! T_T There was no P3P female MC to avoid that this time T_T
Mar 11, 2015 5:20 PM
Apr 2014
It's even worse when you play the games and lose a good party member
Mar 11, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
Some nice fan service at the beginning and then quickly into the action. I liked the action but i still think S1 was better in terms of it—OST especially was a lot better in season 1 compared to season 2. Lots of emotions in the ending, though.

6.5/10.
TyrelMar 11, 2015 6:38 PM
Mar 12, 2015 12:28 AM

Oct 2013
"I've been waiting for this!"

So we finally got movie 2 and boy was it worth the wait!

Didn't think they would start off during the Lover battle.

Marin Karin!!! Only ever hits if a shadow uses it... Boy that slap from Makoto as deadpan as ever.

And Strega appears... fucking revolver Jesus...

Weird that they skipped straight to summer vacation but eh, gotta cut time somehow.

Operation Babe hunt returns! So glad they added Kurokawa but kinda sad they didn't include the "woman?" scene. Would have loved to see Junpei and Aki freak out while Makoto just stares as usual.

And there's everyones toaster waifu! Atleast we got to see Aigis shoot down the other two during Babe hunt.

Looks like they changed how everyone meet Aigis.

NERD RANT TIME!!

Was I the only one really annoyed that the Dark Hour was happening but the TV and Ikutsuki's phone was still working? I undersand that they could have

NERD RANT OVER!!

I wish the Social Links were fleshed out more instead of being just a background element that just happens when the viewer isn't watching... Oh well, you can't win them all...

Glad they showed Shinji cooking! Love seeing that caring side of him and wished it was shown more.

OH GOD THAT MASS DESTRUCTION!!! The most perfect timing for that uses of the main battle theme ever with the face of nothingness from Aigis!

Makoto actually hesitating in fights because he's questions his motives. That's a interesting device for him. Good way to set up his grow in the later movies.

And here comes October 4th... Actually surprised the movie ended with this. Was expecting it to be in the next movie.

First I have to get out of the way, it was not Ken's fault. Hate how people always blame him for what happened to Shinji but he didn't

Did not expect the movie to end like that, but it gave a good cliffhanger for the next movie and motivation for the party to fight. Wish they would have including Aki's scene during the end. That would have pushed the feels up to 11.

Overall, well worth the wait personally. Covered all the main scenes that was needed to cover and had some funny extra moments here and there. Wish they showed alittle more interaction with Junpei and Chidori. Guess that's more for the next movie but I wanted more from my favorite pairing!

Overall, 8/10 but bumping it too a 9/10 because I'm a piece of shit fanboy and got to see my toaster waifu and Shinji cooking.

Now time to wait a year for
So hyped!!!

Tl;dr, great movie that was faithfu for the most part. Just wished some parts were expanded upon more.

Boy I wrote alot on my phone...
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Mar 12, 2015 1:38 AM

Dec 2009
8/10 because I'm biased as fuck for the series.

The movie wasn't bad though, pretty entertaining. Can't wait for the 3rd part.
Mar 12, 2015 7:13 AM

Nov 2007
lol~ slapping works as attacking. More battle.

Lots of truth telling time and confusion in this ep. About why shadow appeared, an accident that killing future personal user (Ogata-san)'s mother, and an enemy group who doesn't want the power to disappear. That Sakamoto-san's character adds surprise and fun element (though she's a robot girl)

Just like there's a persona using dog, there's dog shadow?!

Topic about after the war and back to the normal life...

Another new character for next movie...
tsubasaloverMar 12, 2015 7:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2015 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
Fun beginning and then a build up and heart breaking ending.
Such a good party member that was lost...
Mar 12, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2014
Loved it. Can't wait for movie three. Seriously, the waiting time is going to kill me!
Mar 12, 2015 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
I wonder how will they finish the show in the next movie. I remember there are still too many contents after Shinji's death. I don't know how they will handle it except for rushing things... Kinda worried but I got hopes they will pull it okay. xDD

Too bad there's will be no FES storyline.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 12, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
Persona 3 was my first Persona game and I didn't expect a party member to die, the feels.
Mar 12, 2015 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
Worth the money... if you're a fan of the series and played the game.

It's hard to imagine watching the movies without playing the game, or maybe it's just me, anyway, i'm a fanboy of p3 so good enough.
Mar 12, 2015 12:57 PM
Mar 2013
It was ok but the for me the first movie is better. I have high hopes for the third.
Mar 12, 2015 4:32 PM

May 2013
It was funny seeing the guys trying to hit on the girls. Koromaru is one tough dog. Seeing the scene with Ken and Shinjiro always gets to me, whether if I'm playing the video game or watching this.
Mar 12, 2015 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
dem feels
Signature removed.
Mar 12, 2015 6:01 PM

May 2013
Wow, they made Aigis look so cool in this movie. :O
Mar 13, 2015 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
The scene with Shinjiro and Aigis was especially hilarious when the OST came on xD. Them feels though- they hit again, even after playing the game years ago.
HoshizoraMar 13, 2015 5:27 AM
Mar 13, 2015 1:38 AM

Dec 2011
That was really well done...as a fan of persona and playing that game at least 5 times.I really love how they direct the movie and finish it with a good cliffhanger for the final movie......
Mar 13, 2015 6:05 AM

Oct 2013
fun beginning enjoyable throughout he movie but that ending was sad :( so looking forward toi the 3rd movie when it comes out Subbed.
Mar 13, 2015 6:56 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah! Finally the sub for Persona 3 Movie is out!

Well.. actually the team did a better job than the first movie IMO although the pace seems a little bit quick.

The only problem i have about this movie is also the same with the first one. The protagonist makoto yuuki is lack of personality (although at least the second one is better than the first). I hope they do give him some development on the third movie tho. But overall it's still an excellent movie.
5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Mar 13, 2015 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
KevWasHere said:
"I've been waiting for this!"

So we finally got movie 2 and boy was it worth the wait!

Didn't think they would start off during the Lover battle.

Marin Karin!!! Only ever hits if a shadow uses it... Boy that slap from Makoto as deadpan as ever.

And Strega appears... fucking revolver Jesus...

Weird that they skipped straight to summer vacation but eh, gotta cut time somehow.

Operation Babe hunt returns! So glad they added Kurokawa but kinda sad they didn't include the "woman?" scene. Would have loved to see Junpei and Aki freak out while Makoto just stares as usual.

And there's everyones toaster waifu! Atleast we got to see Aigis shoot down the other two during Babe hunt.

Looks like they changed how everyone meet Aigis.

NERD RANT TIME!!

Was I the only one really annoyed that the Dark Hour was happening but the TV and Ikutsuki's phone was still working? I undersand that they could have

NERD RANT OVER!!

I wish the Social Links were fleshed out more instead of being just a background element that just happens when the viewer isn't watching... Oh well, you can't win them all...

Glad they showed Shinji cooking! Love seeing that caring side of him and wished it was shown more.

OH GOD THAT MASS DESTRUCTION!!! The most perfect timing for that uses of the main battle theme ever with the face of nothingness from Aigis!

Makoto actually hesitating in fights because he's questions his motives. That's a interesting device for him. Good way to set up his grow in the later movies.

And here comes October 4th... Actually surprised the movie ended with this. Was expecting it to be in the next movie.

First I have to get out of the way, it was not Ken's fault. Hate how people always blame him for what happened to Shinji but he didn't

Did not expect the movie to end like that, but it gave a good cliffhanger for the next movie and motivation for the party to fight. Wish they would have including Aki's scene during the end. That would have pushed the feels up to 11.

Overall, well worth the wait personally. Covered all the main scenes that was needed to cover and had some funny extra moments here and there. Wish they showed alittle more interaction with Junpei and Chidori. Guess that's more for the next movie but I wanted more from my favorite pairing!

Overall, 8/10 but bumping it too a 9/10 because I'm a piece of shit fanboy and got to see my toaster waifu and Shinji cooking.

Now time to wait a year for
So hyped!!!

Tl;dr, great movie that was faithfu for the most part. Just wished some parts were expanded upon more.

Boy I wrote alot on my phone...
I really hope that you aren't expecting the movie to cover November to March and every event in between in 90 minutes. Think about what you said. There is definitely going to be 4 movies and possibly a 5th if they adapt the answer.

Mar 13, 2015 4:13 PM
Oct 2013
Glad to see it out and now I have watched it. Now I have to wait really long for the third movie.

It was very good and sad that someone died :(
Mar 14, 2015 2:09 AM
Nov 2014
If you haven't played Persona 3/FES/ Portable, I advice you not to read. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I really loved the movie, but if I'm correct, wasn't there an announcement that there will be four Persona 3 movies? If so, Falling Down will begin at the 12th shadow-- followed by Mitsuru's tragedy--- School trip--- hot baths scene *perverted look (The movie really went all out when it animated Yukari's shower scene... I wonder how well Falling Down will do at the hot springs.. heh hehe)--- Junpei's tragedy--- and maybe New Years Eve?
I know for a fact that Falling Down will show up to Junpei's tragedy, as I saw in the trailer, but then what would the fourth movie consist? I don't think they will have 60 minutes of fighting the final boss and 30 minutes showing New Years day and every character's resolve... I think the director will put the story from FES answer in the fourth movie, although that would make it too long... What does everyone else think about the timeline of the movies?
Mar 14, 2015 10:12 AM

Mar 2013
P3 movie so far are 10x better than P4 anime. I used to love P4 over P3 but lately going back to play P3P and watching movie 1 and 2, I have to said I prefer 3 slightly now.
Mar 14, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
Great stuff better than the first movie.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Mar 14, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
kibz95 said:
If you haven't played Persona 3/FES/ Portable, I advice you not to read. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I really loved the movie, but if I'm correct, wasn't there an announcement that there will be four Persona 3 movies? If so, Falling Down will begin at the 12th shadow-- followed by Mitsuru's tragedy--- School trip--- hot baths scene *perverted look (The movie really went all out when it animated Yukari's shower scene... I wonder how well Falling Down will do at the hot springs.. heh hehe)--- Junpei's tragedy--- and maybe New Years Eve?
I know for a fact that Falling Down will show up to Junpei's tragedy, as I saw in the trailer, but then what would the fourth movie consist? I don't think they will have 60 minutes of fighting the final boss and 30 minutes showing New Years day and every character's resolve... I think the director will put the story from FES answer in the fourth movie, although that would make it too long... What does everyone else think about the timeline of the movies?

Pssstttt, if you don't want to inconvenience people, then put it in a [ spoiler ]~ Why do you think that's what they're called~?

Mar 15, 2015 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
I always hate seeing Shinji go.
Mar 15, 2015 8:11 AM

Apr 2011
The pacing is way too quick for me to feel anything for this.We barely saw Aragaki and we're somehow supposed to sympathize and get sad for his death? The kid's no better either. Barely any thought has been given to the characters and almost all the attention has been focused on how they're gonna finish this. I love the game, but this adaption is way too rushed.
Mar 15, 2015 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
10/10

Freaking AMAZING!

Makoto Yuki FTW! I wonder if they're going to show Messiah and Orpheus Telos in the third movie.
Mar 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
Best boy's gonna arrive in the next movie
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 17, 2015 1:07 AM
Apr 2013
Aurorae said:
I always hate seeing Shinji go.

It hit me too hard... I was already tearing up before Shinji couldn't hold on anymore TT_TT

Either way, basing on the dates, Summer is Movie 2, Autumn for movie 3, winter for movie 4 -> till NYX
Movie 5 is technically the beginning of the new spring (3/30-04/01)
But that's really pushing it
HARIMAO~ <3
[url=http://imgflip.com/i/85wb]
Mar 17, 2015 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
Mass destruction didn't disappoint.

Also, wasn't shinji supposed to die while standing?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Mar 17, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
I dunno about this.
Really feel like Persona 3 works much better as a game than it does as an anime.
The pacing is very rushed and the lack of Tartarus kinda throws off the balance between the supernatural stuff and regular everyday highschooler life.
Also, Minato as an silent video game protagonist works just fine, but as an anime MC? Not so much. He barely ever talks, comes across as incredibly boring and just seems more like a side character in his own story.
The artstyle of the characters also seems nicer as static portraits than in motion, where they and up looking a bit generic.
That being said, the backgrounds and coloring in these movies are eyecandy as fuck.

All that aside, it's still decent fanservice with some fun moments and that's all it really wants to be anyway.

Minato x Crab = OTP

6/10, maybe 6.5
Mar 17, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2013
It was kinda boring but still worth a watch. 7/10
Mar 18, 2015 10:40 AM
Oct 2010
Malfegor said:
I dunno about this.
Really feel like Persona 3 works much better as a game than it does as an anime.
The pacing is very rushed and the lack of Tartarus kinda throws off the balance between the supernatural stuff and regular everyday highschooler life.

Well persona is a game first, but I thought they did an ok job with the portrayal of the high school life and the supernatural stuff. The reason I say this is because we all know that they can't really show much of the fluff in between so they used conversation to sell it. Like when they were sitting in the cafe and minato says they should go to tartarus again and yuki mentions they went everyday for that week. This along with the stills of them doing everyday stuff conveys their high school life + the regular tartarus trips well enough for me. They decided to focus on the key plot points instead, which is definitely good. I did have problems with aragaki/kid though, I felt this should have been a 2-2.5 hour movie. It's way too short to sell the characters in its current state and persona being a character driven series.. yeah.

Malfegor said:

Also, Minato as an silent video game protagonist works just fine, but as an anime MC? Not so much. He barely ever talks, comes across as incredibly boring and just seems more like a side character in his own story.

I agree here, but it sometimes feels like that was the intention all along. The group seems like the star of the show, rather than any specific individual. Air time seems to be distributed quite evenly and each character gets a bit of focus. I didn't beat this game so I have no idea where the story goes but I'd be surprised if Minato wasn't the focus of the final movie, especially with the infuriating way he acted in their last battle.

On a side note, like you mentioned, the visuals are amazing. The Aegis fight scene in the gas room was crazy.
Mar 19, 2015 6:13 AM

Apr 2010
Exciting movie. I'm a fan of the game and I found the movie an interesting adaptation, with some added scenes to develop the relationships between SEES members.
The final part was sad, even more than in the game. Poor Shinji!
9/10, as good as the first movie, but the OST was a bit weaker this time.
I really hope they will include "Unavoidable Battle" in the third movie.
Mar 19, 2015 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
yhunata said:
The pacing is way too quick for me to feel anything for this.We barely saw Aragaki and we're somehow supposed to sympathize and get sad for his death? The kid's no better either. Barely any thought has been given to the characters and almost all the attention has been focused on how they're gonna finish this. I love the game, but this adaption is way too rushed.

Malfegor said:

Minato x Crab = OTP

Just quoting these guys because they know the truth.

I mean, I like the quality of the visuals and I have no intention to belittle the work put into the movie, but that is just to be expected from such a title made into a movie. Comparing to the first Persona 4 animation I think both are on the same level, story adaptation wise; like how it was when I watched Persona 4, I am watching Persona 3 because I want to see how certain parts/events of the game are fully animated, but, comparing to the games, both animations leave a lot to desire in relation to development of story and characters. It's all just... lacking and rushed. Still an enjoyable watch, though.
Mar 19, 2015 10:03 PM

Jul 2011
For a 90 minutes adaptation it was really well done! 8/10

DenjaX said:
I wonder how will they finish the show in the next movie. I remember there are still too many contents after Shinji's death. I don't know how they will handle it except for rushing things... Kinda worried but I got hopes they will pull it okay. xDD

Too bad there's will be no FES storyline.

I really hope there will be a 4th movie because only 3 movies are not enough to cover the whole game.

Malfegor said:
Minato x Crab = OTP

^This guy got it.
Mar 22, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2009
I wish it was longer. Having at least 2 full hours would be great! This movie is a little too rushed but definitely worth the money. As a long time Persona fan I really liked it, but I doubt that anyone that hasn't played the game can understand what's going on.

Falling Down is going to be sick.
malalarksMar 22, 2015 11:14 AM
Mar 22, 2015 8:26 PM
Jul 2013
As far as fan service goes this movie was great since I played the game already, but as far as watching without playing the game there is some cuts here and there that were made because of time, but at least the action and emotion was there. 8/10 for fanboy reasons but 7/10 for anime fans only.
Mar 23, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, this was even better than the first one. I really loved it!
The animation is awesome and they also added some scenes for a better understanding of the story. But it was strange to see that Yuki isn't sure about fighting anymore.
Shinji's death was as painful as in the game; it's really sad to loose such a strong and lovable SEES member.

Mar 30, 2015 9:30 PM
Nov 2012
Liked it, what I really didn't like is the way they handeled Junpei and Chidori

Apr 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Jan 2008
A lot weaker than the first movie no doubt. Feels like it's getting to the point where there's just too much to fit into a the length of the movie, thus parts are feel even more rushed.

JamsTheKuma said:
I really didn't like is the way they handeled Junpei and Chidori

Same, which was barely nothing. You wouldn't know the two even got to know each other by watching this.
Apr 4, 2015 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
A very good sequel, like the first plus a dark and dramatic mood. I preferred this one, although the OSTs were better in the first.
Apr 6, 2015 4:32 AM

May 2014
The beach scene actually not really funny but still adore it... :v
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Apr 7, 2015 8:44 PM

Mar 2013
The art was amazing, The fire works scene really got to me, them feels.

That ending though, what a way to end the movie.
Apr 18, 2015 12:00 AM

Aug 2012
WingsOfValor said:

Actually, it's Aegis who made this movie look cool.
Apr 18, 2015 3:28 AM

Aug 2007
The climax of this episode was Shinji's death and I just did not feel anything from it. He just didn't get enough screen time and his interactions with the characters were too lacking to evoke any meaningful response from me. Granted I already have knowledge of all the events in P3 by virtue of playing the game, his death should have at least elicited something.

They are walking a pretty fine line here. The ending only works if and only if the viewer is invested in Makoto Yuki. I think it's safe to say that all 4 movies would end up being a giant waste of time if the ending doesn't work. While I acknowledge the limitations of this adaptation format, they better step up their game with getting the viewer attached to these characters.

Though I will applaud at how Yuki is developing as a character. Even if quite a bit of that development is happening offscreen and from stills, it's still nice to see how he's changed from his "don't care" attitude.

Still gave it a 7/10 just because it's P3 and of course AIGIS. Best girl has arrived and she's here to stay.
Apr 23, 2015 12:36 AM

Dec 2012
Veldarth said:
WingsOfValor said:

Actually, it's Aegis who made this movie look cool.

I totally agree with this, Aegis was awesome in this movie.

I loved the movie, especially the soundtrack; dear lord that ost is good.
Apr 23, 2015 10:22 PM

Oct 2011
Shinji </3 T__________T

Dat ending scene OMG
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» English Dub?

DaMall - Dec 12, 2016

0 by DaMall »»
Dec 12, 2016 6:23 AM

» Blu-Ray Release Date revealed

lordofallwankers - Nov 7, 2014

7 by Stark700 »»
Jan 12, 2015 12:22 PM

» 3rd film

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

11 by Dragonage2ftw »»
Jan 12, 2015 9:21 AM

» ETA on English Subtitled Release

ReanSchwarzer - Sep 4, 2014

4 by Keirik »»
Sep 27, 2014 4:32 AM

» PV #4

KevWasHere - May 14, 2014

7 by KyunVampireGirl »»
May 22, 2014 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.