Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was worth waiting for after the buildup. It looks like Tohya's group isn't the only ones who wants to fight some wyverns. Cool to see Nyanta unleash some of his skills as well. Damn right that cat can fight.

Lol, I find Rudy's presence in this episode to be welcoming as well despite the grim situation they are facing. And not to mention, he has a useful alleviating spell. One thing I did find interesting though is how Tohya doesn't like the tactics the Knights are using to get the job done. I definitely agree with Tohya considering his past life also saw him witness pain.

Feb 14, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone's feeling and decision of surviving this world and to be wished to back to original world through what they can do. Was that cat guy to the rescue? And that hooded man at the end...

More battles next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 14, 2015 5:18 AM

Oct 2014
Quite a good episode, was kind of deep at points I thought, which wasn't a bad thing.

Those knights are crazy for sacrificing themselves like that! Tohya sure showed him..
We got to see real life Tohya yayy! But that past tho :/

Looking forward to Nyanta-san fighting next episode.

Feb 14, 2015 5:59 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good Episode. Can't wait to see Nyanta in action!

Also pretty unique way of riding that pony without a saddle XD
Feb 14, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
*Yawn* Still stuck with B-team...
Feb 14, 2015 6:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
polesp said:
Pretty good Episode. Can't wait to see Nyanta in action!

Also pretty unique way of riding that pony without a saddle XD

It's studio Deen... kinda normal. x)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 14, 2015 7:35 AM
Jul 2014
First off, how are the Odyssey Knights motivated by wanting to return to the real world when dying causes you to lose your memories? I think we can be safe in assuming they've died countless times thanks to suiciding themselves as a cathartic release. If the memory loss is so insignificant that their leader can remember everything about his old life, why is anyone worried about dying in the first place?

Second, it bewilders me how a town can be attacked by an army of wyverns and everyone finds time to stand around and talk to one another. While countless people die.

Overall, I'd say this episode is even worse than the last. I'm not saying this anime needs to be action packed but there's a time and a place for long monologues and exposition and the middle of a life or death situation isn't it.
Feb 14, 2015 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
The return of Londark - the former right hand man of Demikas.

His duel against Nyanta next episode will be great.
Feb 14, 2015 7:50 AM

Feb 2014
Finally we will get some Nyanta action!
Feb 14, 2015 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Those knights are sacrificing themselves like that are crazy.
Feb 14, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
Nyanta in action next episode :) . Stupid knights think that they will someday return to the new world by dying over and over again... Besides, every time you die, you lose memories so in the end you won't have any memories left from the real world?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 14, 2015 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
GSupernova said:
First off, how are the Odyssey Knights motivated by wanting to return to the real world when dying causes you to lose your memories? I think we can be safe in assuming they've died countless times thanks to suiciding themselves as a cathartic release. If the memory loss is so insignificant that their leader can remember everything about his old life, why is anyone worried about dying in the first place?

Second, it bewilders me how a town can be attacked by an army of wyverns and everyone finds time to stand around and talk to one another. While countless people die.

Overall, I'd say this episode is even worse than the last. I'm not saying this anime needs to be action packed but there's a time and a place for long monologues and exposition and the middle of a life or death situation isn't it.

Totally agree.
Feb 14, 2015 8:42 AM

Jan 2015
Man, I'm starting to feel the negative effects of watching an ongoing anime rather than marathoning it once it's done. Had to rewatch a couple of previous episodes to understand the involvement of all the Plant Hwyaden members. Their motivations have not yet been made clear though.
Feb 14, 2015 8:43 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Them knights going hardcore and dying just to return to the real world. Although, wouldn't they lose their memories each time they keep dying?

Minori ticked me off here. She tells Roe 2 that Tohya will be ok and stand up by himself. Umm she sure is taking the situation lightly. She doesn't see that the knight is manhandling Tohya?

The highlight of the episode was Nyanta getting into action. Nyanta ftw

Feb 14, 2015 10:20 AM

Jan 2012
I was kinda annoyed at Minori just standing there having an existential chat with Roe 2 in the middle of a battlefield...
She always wants to help but then here she's just wondering who she is and where she's going??
Couldn't she choose another time?

Anyway Nyanta-san was cool! even though we only saw him for a few seconds xD
Feb 14, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
The Knights are noob MMO players tbh.

Though all the technology they are showing and the like just had me going What in the Fuck, at this episode.
Feb 14, 2015 11:36 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Odyssey Knights are indeed fools for willingly suiciding themselves. But I think they'll be fine, since they're not losing memories even after dying countless times.

I was hoping to see Nyanta taking on the Wyverns. Well, we'll see him in action next episode and it'll probably be even more epic against Londark.

Decent episode. Only Tohya and Serara did some work, while Minori, Isuzu and Rudy didn't practically anything.

Feb 14, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
supracseduch said:
Man, I'm starting to feel the negative effects of watching an ongoing anime rather than marathoning it once it's done. Had to rewatch a couple of previous episodes to understand the involvement of all the Plant Hwyaden members. Their motivations have not yet been made clear though.

Yea I feel the same except I don't rewatch anything, I just rely on my memory and hope that I can remember and connect all the pieces.
Feb 14, 2015 12:35 PM

Jun 2014
Ehhhh I feel like this episode was supposed to be deep. but it just came off as boring.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 14, 2015 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
GSupernova said:
First off, how are the Odyssey Knights motivated by wanting to return to the real world when dying causes you to lose your memories?

When people die they are transported to a place where they can see their previous world, the Knights believe that if they return to it enough there is a chance they can find a way home. That was why one of the Knights, upon being resurrected said "what, so soon?" The portable shrine was created so that they can fight and die, get revived, then fight and die again in quick succession rather than have to return to the Cathedral.

GSupernova said:
I think we can be safe in assuming they've died countless times thanks to suiciding themselves as a cathartic release. If the memory loss is so insignificant that their leader can remember everything about his old life, why is anyone worried about dying in the first place?

What gets lost, as Shiroe explained is small things, the name of a restaurant, the name of a cat you had 20 years ago, those short of things. The leader remembers one thing, and that was he was supposed to get married, that is all that is driving him, we have no idea what other things he has forgotten. This guys are all pretty obsessed, most of them are already probably insane.

As for the standing when people "are dying", the wyvern for the most part are staying in the air, they only attack people moving towards them. The vast majority of the people of the land had already left, and they were helping the stragglers get to safety.

As Shiroe pointed out the reason you didn't want to fight in town was because of the damage to the buildings, not that people would die. It was the aftermath that had to be avoided.

The battle was fine until the Knights moved into the city, Minori's and Tohya's main goal is to get them to move back out. Tohya is taking the direct approach, Minori is trying to figure out the situation in order to get them to move. She knows that something bigger is involved.
Feb 14, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
Another crap episode with the token bard song... Hopefully something we get a decent showdown next week with the real cast.
Feb 14, 2015 1:11 PM
May 2013
Is it just me or the direction of this second season is not well executed, there are plenty of scenes, and sides that it's confusing, they introduce plenty of characters with no real emotional depth and much background, all they have is an agenda. Even in the first season it's like that, but at least it was not focused on that part much. Therefore it is better than this, I feel like every episode in the second season has a different direction. Can they stick to one theme in a single season? They spread the stories out so much that the focal point is missing.
First, it was the guild raid, for that money, wasted a few episodes just for negotiations.. for what?
Then it was that guild leader that disappeared together with the sword.. for what?
Then it was that assassin and all about learning true hidden skills.. for what?
Then there's this shape-shifting character and there's this Roe 2 that have misdirected the focal point. For what? I keep saying for what ultimate purpose?
To get out of the game and into real life? Sure, that would probably be the ultimate goal, but why all the unnecessary plot that I have mentioned earlier? Just to confuse? Just for added content? They are like filler hiding itself in a nice storyline but not the main storyline. You know what I am saying?
Watching this is getting to be a drag. Are they even selling or they just want to finish that whole 25 episodes? They better make it better than the first season. It's already episode 19! Wasted all those early episodes for what? They won't all be answered when episode 25 comes.
Feb 14, 2015 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
This little adventure arc is starting to get dull and the execution is abysmall.
Feb 14, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
So those Odessy Knights just wanna go home, nice Tohya's backstory.
yeo
Feb 14, 2015 1:35 PM
Mar 2009
I was hoping they would mention Crusty some more but I guess he really is lost so far that nobody can find him...

I will need to re-watch this to catch what Roe 2 was trying to say in "inefficient human language" which was then translated from Japanese to English... empathions sound like some sort of sub or trans atomic carrier for empathy, and Genius was explained better in the light novels (which I highly recommend but have not read past part of what maps to Season 1), but other stuff went way over my head.

I guess it related to rays of willfull predestination or re-destiny-assertion, but not sure. The Elementals and determinism / fringe decay stuff was totally foreign to me.

But I like that in any show. Food for thought / research.

4/5, will watch again before the next one comes out.
Feb 14, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2010
sooo much Nyanta hypee

Feb 14, 2015 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
It sounds like Roe 2 understands more of what's really going on with death sequences than anyone else.

But there still seems to be way too much crazy stuff going on to make sense of.

Also, how can there be a battle in the town? Doesn't it have an anti-monster barrier?
Feb 14, 2015 1:50 PM
Oct 2012
ami7mina said:
Is it just me or the direction of this second season is not well executed, there are plenty of scenes, and sides that it's confusing, they introduce plenty of characters with no real emotional depth and much background, all they have is an agenda.

It's not the direction, it's a writing issue. I know lots of people hate Studio Deen, but most of the problems this season really haven't been their fault (animation flubs aside), indeed in general I think they did a decent job of the material at hand.

I am not one to blame the writer, indeed I generally get annoyed at the adaptation for butchering the work. But we have to be honest here, the fault is with the last 4 novels, not the adaption (this is not to say that the novels were bad, rather they just don't lend themselves to adaption.
Feb 14, 2015 1:53 PM
Oct 2012
Mirality said:
Also, how can there be a battle in the town? Doesn't it have an anti-monster barrier?

I don't believe all towns had anti-monster barriers, only the 4 major adventurer cities had them. Remember in season one the goblins raided that town? This was also true of the defense guards, they were only in the Cathedral Towns.

Mirality said:
It sounds like Roe 2 understands more of what's really going on with death sequences than anyone else.

Don't forget she came from

Mod Edit: I'm not absolutely sure if this info has been revealed yet, but I'm putting it in a spoiler tag just to be safe.
rodacFeb 15, 2015 9:42 PM
Feb 14, 2015 2:18 PM
Feb 2015
GSupernova said:

1.Because a memory loss is still a memory lost. Also, there is no guarantee of how much will disappear when an adventurer dies. Another thing, I think it is also safe to say that the Odyssey Knights didn't have prior knowledge of what will happen with their memory when they die. Even if they have, it is still understandable especially the one who talked with Tohya. He had the chance to redeem himself and lead a fulfilling life but suddenly, he got stuck inside a game. Just imagine the frustration of being separated from your loved one. If anything, I think I'm moved by how much these guys treasures their real life -- if only this epsiode had a better animation qualtiy. Too bad.

2. Countless people die? Didn't they lure the wyverns away from the town? From what I've seen, the only people dying are the Odyssey Knights. The "talking" is understandable. From Minori and co.'s perspective, OK's suicidal attacks are incomprehensible so they just have to stop and think about what was going on. I think everyone of us stumbled into something that is out of our way of thinking that we just have to ponder why these things happen, at least once. I didn't like the Isuzu-Rudy part though. I like Rudy, but not Isuzu. I think every minute spent for Isuzu is a wasted time.
EDIT: I almost forgot, Minori talking with Roe 2 is annoying -- they just had to drag it out, huh. If that's what you meant then I agree with you.

3. I agree that this episode is dialogue heavy and it kills most of the moment. I think they are just dragging it out because of the lack of material to adapt. Although if that was the case, they should have made two to three episodes dedicated only for Kanami and friends. I really like the Frog Ninja and I'm kinda hoping for a love to develop between him and Copellia.
raik0nFeb 14, 2015 2:29 PM
Feb 14, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
ami7mina said:
Is it just me or the direction of this second season is not well executed, there are plenty of scenes, and sides that it's confusing, they introduce plenty of characters with no real emotional depth and much background, all they have is an agenda. Even in the first season it's like that, but at least it was not focused on that part much. Therefore it is better than this, I feel like every episode in the second season has a different direction. Can they stick to one theme in a single season? They spread the stories out so much that the focal point is missing.
First, it was the guild raid, for that money, wasted a few episodes just for negotiations.. for what?
Then it was that guild leader that disappeared together with the sword.. for what?
Then there's this shape-shifting character and there's this Roe 2 that have misdirected the focal point. For what? I keep saying for what ultimate purpose?
To get out of the game and into real life? Sure, that would probably be the ultimate goal, but why all the unnecessary plot that I have mentioned earlier? Just to confuse? Just for added content? They are like filler hiding itself in a nice storyline but not the main storyline. You know what I am saying?
Watching this is getting to be a drag. Are they even selling or they just want to finish that whole 25 episodes? They better make it better than the first season. It's already episode 19! Wasted all those early episodes for what? They won't all be answered when episode 25 comes.

This pretty much sums up the frustration with this season. It seems like none of the individual arcs are related and once one is somewhat resolved it's just dropped and on to the next (after the obligatory town hijinks filler) while in the meantime it feels like nothing was resolved. Did the money situation from the beginning of the season get solved? Does no one care that apparently it's possible to steal invincible magic armor that used to be part of the game's internal policing system and use it to go around wrecking townsfolk indiscriminately? Do they even worry about the disposition of the rest of those suits of armor? What about the goblin raid that has apparently been going on for like two years now? It's just like out of sight, out of mind with this show. No closure to anything.
Quality Queen.
Feb 14, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
Well this episode is way better than last episode.
Now more action coming in next week episode.
Still don't know what is Roe 2 and why she is like a "female" Shiroe.
Feb 14, 2015 4:40 PM

Nov 2012
Still waiting for them to stop focusing on the filler crew *sigh*
Feb 14, 2015 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
This show has become so bad, I feel my brain is rotting.
Feb 14, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2010
Translation seems a bit lacking this episode, but, I think Roe2 was suggesting that memory loss is minimised when dying and reviving many times in quick succession via the Temple of Boreas.

Oddyssey Knights seem like Silver Sword's opposite. They have lives in the old world that they want to return to. They consider what they see when they die to be a dream, while Silver Sword sees it as a nightmare.
Feb 14, 2015 5:13 PM

Aug 2014
No time to be talking, they need defeat all the enemies before they destroy the city and kill the villagers...
Also very emotional episode! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 14, 2015 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
>Hates the fact that there are only 42 songs
>Sings the same song over and over again

yeah. Change the system Isuzu xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 14, 2015 7:38 PM

Aug 2014
At least now there some action and also for the next episode.
Feb 14, 2015 7:45 PM
Feb 2015
[quote=RAWRfizzz]
ami7mina said:
This pretty much sums up the frustration with this season. It seems like none of the individual arcs are related and once one is somewhat resolved it's just dropped and on to the next (after the obligatory town hijinks filler) while in the meantime it feels like nothing was resolved. Did the money situation from the beginning of the season get solved? Does no one care that apparently it's possible to steal invincible magic armor that used to be part of the game's internal policing system and use it to go around wrecking townsfolk indiscriminately? Do they even worry about the disposition of the rest of those suits of armor? What about the goblin raid that has apparently been going on for like two years now? It's just like out of sight, out of mind with this show. No closure to anything.

1. They resolved the money problem but apparently, they did not bother showing them buy the surrounding field as it is already understood given that they already explained it through Kunie and Shiroe's conservation.
2. They already deactivated the magic circle so why worry about those useless armor? If you're talking about other towns, remember that even if it became somewhat of a threat to Akihabara once, the bottomline is it is still a defensive mechanism to avoid PK'ing inside the town. That's why deactivating the circle was a really difficult choice for them.
3. I believe they already resolved it or do you want to see them fight a bunch of goblins that were clearly no match for them? It only became a major thing because it is the first real life "World Event" that they have encountered and apparently, the goblins far outnumbered them due to them not doing any quests. Still, they are no match for them in terms of prowess.

Maybe, just maybe, you're missing the point of the show. They decided to create the Round Table to provide "life" into Akihabara since there is no clear answer if they can go back to their real world. Worst case scenario, they will be stuck inside for the rest of their lives so ultimately, understanding the Elder Tale world is their goal. Just like what Roe 2 said, their questions far outnumbered the answers so it's not strange that we're thrown in a loop. The conclusion that you're looking for might be far far ahead as I, myself, also cannot see any closure happening soon.
Feb 14, 2015 7:59 PM
Feb 2015
dobinz said:
they need to hire new screen writer.
good story can easily ruin by bad screen writing
Log Horizon is very great example for this. also

DEEEEEEEEEEEEN

I agree. The sequence of the scenes is horrible and the pacing is so slow. I like the new designs but the animation turns me off so much. The story is still awesome though. One thing though, season 1 has the same problem, imo, but still it managed to grab my attention which brings up the question, was LH light novel so godly that even if it was badly executed, it still remained as one of the most awesome animes? :D
shout out: SAO fans? XD
Feb 14, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2014
I'm more curious who Roe2 really are *_*

Finally ... we'll get to see Nyanta's action in the next eps.
Feb 14, 2015 9:13 PM

May 2013
What a messy episode.

Seems like the Odyssey Knights have their reasons why they keep dying.
Because of that, Tohya gets pumped up and then inspires the rest to make their moves.
So it'll be a Londark vs Nyanta battle next, with an intervention from some chick.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 14, 2015 10:04 PM

Jun 2007
I still continue to hate this season.
Feb 14, 2015 10:50 PM

Dec 2013
Thankfully the Odyssey Knights still can coherently put their thoughts together and aren't just completely insane. They serve a purpose. I thought they were just going to be zombified fighters.
Feb 14, 2015 11:58 PM
May 2013
Lol, somehow my username was quoted but it should be a different username lol.
Anyway, I don't think the point of this show is Akihabara getting life back. Because that is what happened during Season 1.
The point of this Second Season is.... Well, after watching all episodes..What's really the point? Yeah, It's a great great world with a great story BUT. It has sooo many elements. And there are times when it tries to be cute just to hook the young audiences but someohow it fails. I don't get that new idol girl..more like fanservice. I still have to blame direction -just on the anime but i haven't read the manga so I reserve my critique on it. Direction cause they could just speed up some things, there are subtle delays in a scene that are not important. Like, The bard (forgot her name) and Rundel House Code talking..they still have some pauses. make them walk already wile talking, the dragons are already at the middle of the city while they are still chatting about in this episode.I see no sense of panic that scene as well, not executed much, They could run and talk at the same time right? They just stood there! lol
Feb 15, 2015 2:19 AM

Jun 2013
ami7mina said:

Honestly since season 1, the whole anime has been a waste of time. I have no idea why people keep saying log horizon is what SAO should have been.

I made a post in season 1 last episode thread in mal. I mention that the whole of season 1 feel like a prologue and someone explain to me that can't be help since the source material was the same. I accepted that since season 2 was announced together with the last episode.

Fast forward to season 2 episode 19, I am still not getting much of a story out of this anime. WTH. Basically season 1 shows shiroe meeting that mage and figuring out how to write new contract and till now in season 2, there has been no progression. Sure we are definitely moving onto something since we are near the end of season 2, but I don't agree log horizon is a good anime, at the very least with regards to plot content.

Even wiki give more story then the anime /facepalm I guess that means the source material is one hell of a long drag. Just read up on roe2 and anyone can see that even after season 2, log horizon(anime) hasn't even begin to get into the story.
Feb 15, 2015 2:30 AM

Jun 2014
Season 1 - great
Season 2: 1st cour - great
Season 2: 2nd cour - absolute dogsh*t

Pacing pissed me off
Cryptic talk pissed me off
Isuzu, Minori, Tohya (especially) pissed me off. Seriously, what a self-righteous little sh*t. I hate everything about him. Obviously likes playing the hero since he's completely useless in "reality". I can't wait for this season to end.
Feb 15, 2015 5:53 AM

Nov 2012
Those kids' journey was meaningless from the start (not that the whole season makes sense) and they're still doing it... I'm just so disappointed with this season, this is not what I was hoping for.

Give Shiroe back!
Feb 15, 2015 6:09 AM

Sep 2014
Uh...I hope the whole arc with the kids ends soon. It's getting tiresome, despite them getting a decent amount of character development. Next week we get to see more of Nyanta, so there's that.
Feb 15, 2015 2:10 PM
Jun 2010
Roe 2 is

Mod Note: Information from the LNs that has not been revealed in the anime must be spoiler tagged. Major plot spoilers will be removed.
rodacFeb 15, 2015 9:39 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

89 by Kraum »»
May 30, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

125 by Kraum »»
May 28, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

134 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

226 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 12, 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.