Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
DATABASE

Same song but new animation. This was fun for the first episode. They did a little bit of recap this episode but yeah, this was glorious for a return. It was good to see everyone back including Minori, Rudy, Akatsuk, etc. The episode felt pretty fast and in general was a build-up. With 3 novels, I am expecting anime original material. Also, DATABASE.

I thought ED song was cute although some characters looks slightly different.
Stark700Oct 4, 2014 2:03 AM
Oct 4, 2014 2:07 AM
Nov 2013
the adaption felt little bit inconsistent. but im glad they pick vol7 first (story in vol 6 and 7 happen in same time.)
Oct 4, 2014 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 4, 2014 2:23 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Adibbles said:
How is everyone watching it?
its called living in japan
Oct 4, 2014 2:26 AM
Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
DATABASE

Same song but new animation. This was fun for the first episode. They did a little bit of recap this episode but yeah, this was glorious for a return. It was good to see everyone back including Minori, Rudy, Akatsuk, etc. The episode felt pretty fast and in general was a build-up. With 3 novels, I am expecting anime original material. Also, DATABASE.

I thought ED song was cute although some characters looks slightly different.

I think there wont be any Anime Original Content but rather Kanami's Adventure in Europe (The LH:Oversees Novel) might also be adapted since her party appeared in the OP.
Oct 4, 2014 2:29 AM
Aug 2013
Adibbles said:
Haha I thought it was going to stream on Crunchyroll at the same time but since it hasn't appeared on Crunchyroll I got confused

Somewhere in the internet, a site exists that stream Anime at the same time it is being shown on tv...
Oct 4, 2014 2:45 AM
Mar 2012
Those new Studio Deen animations sure are distracting lol. But oh my goodness, so much hype with the new opening, same dataBASED song, but with new sequences. One of my most anticipated series this year, I'm greatly looking forward to it.

Waiting for someone to comment on how ridiculously huge Kanami's breasts were lol.
Oct 4, 2014 2:58 AM

Feb 2011
JOAOAA said:
Adibbles said:
How is everyone watching it?

They don't.
Oct 4, 2014 3:11 AM

Apr 2013
DataBASED!!

The King... has returned. I wish that they kept the ED as well because it was so f'n epic but you can't have everything. A solid setup to the new season where a common theme throughout the history of humanity continues to rear its ugly head: Mo' Money, Mo' Problems. Anyway, let the good times roll.
dankzelOct 4, 2014 10:39 AM
Oct 4, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2007
Not liking bad internet connection for stealing the fun of livestreaming that I had to watch raw.

Few seconds review of first season during the conversation. Yonaga-san's character appearing right in the first ep. Somehow Shimono-san's character's face got distorted (from being tired?) during the scene before OP.

He's on something that cannot tell everyone, and meeting Yonaga-san's character and that mysterious mage who appeared in latter part of 1st season. Assassin girl got left behind, though. About the money system? His idea got denied.

ED is cute, like first season.

UnbornMVs said:
JOAOAA said:

They don't.

Livestream or raw.
tsubasaloverOct 4, 2014 3:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
Woah its back, love the new op visuals and the ed song is amazingly catchy.
Oct 4, 2014 3:41 AM

Mar 2013
YES YES YES they're including the kanami side story=instant best anime ever.

Oct 4, 2014 3:59 AM

Sep 2014
New characters <3
Oct 4, 2014 4:14 AM

May 2009
New ED is cute
Oct 4, 2014 4:48 AM

Sep 2012
Like the new art, characters look more like the artworks in the novels.

The first half of the episode was original material, the halloween party didn't appear in the novels, but I think it was OK because they explained why Shiroe left Akiba. I suppose that they're gonna do Novels 6-7 at the same time.

Can't wait for the Kanami's part, too!
Oct 4, 2014 4:56 AM
Jun 2013
I'm used to the old opening video so the new one feels kinda strange and unfitting. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

And what the fuck did they do to Marielle's hair? Now she looks almost as ugly as your average rl girl.
Oct 4, 2014 4:57 AM

Jun 2014
Those boob sizes.. Just no.
Previously: BlueXRam
Oct 4, 2014 4:58 AM

May 2014
And here we go again...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 4:59 AM

Jun 2014
Who was that Elf archer guy? I can't remember, was he one of the Round Table guild leaders?
Oct 4, 2014 5:01 AM
Jun 2013
New OP! - Oh wait.. it's the same!

DATABASE
Oct 4, 2014 5:06 AM

Mar 2013
BlueXRam said:
Who was that Elf archer guy? I can't remember, was he one of the Round Table guild leaders?

Can't remember the name but he was the leader of the guild that refused to join the round table.

Oct 4, 2014 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
Finally back :D I miss those glasses lifts XD

80 Trillion is just a little too much XD So lol Shiroe XD And nice seeing Regan more :3

Noticed a slight difference in the character designs. I personally find them better like them. Esp Shiroe and Naotsugu.

Poor Akatsuki as usual :( Getting left behind. I wonder what that scene at the end when she was talking with Shiroe about? Was it after the events of all this?

Oh and Kanami is sooo cute <3
Barion-ZaraOct 4, 2014 5:14 AM
Oct 4, 2014 5:10 AM

Sep 2010
Log Horizon is back!
And Database is also back!
Oct 4, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2012
HAHA i was leaing with joy when i finally watched this. i missed this show and all of its charactehrs.

hmm from what i can tell so far

Is that the first part of tis was filler and the second half was the start of vol 7

my guess is that in this season they will cover volume 6 to 9 with 6 and 7 being adapted together as they both take place during the same time frame.

Vol 9 will basically be a novel that focuses on Kanami and her group and probably a bit of filler episodes or scenes to make up the lack of material such as the first half of this episode which is good actually and still builds up to the main story.

It ended to soon and let me make this clear, this season will also have plenty of action scenes that a lot of people were complaining the first season lacked, but at the same time they still focus on the world building and the mystery surrounding this story.

Let the Database fandom rise Again :P
Oct 4, 2014 5:12 AM
Nov 2013
BlueXRam said:

leader of silver sword guild. the guy leave round table conference in ep9 season 1.

Barion-Zara said:
I wonder what that scene at the end when she was talking with Shiroe about? Was it after the events of all this?

that's super spoiler i dont know why they put it in first ep :s
it was in middle of vol6 and 7.
dobinzOct 4, 2014 5:18 AM
Oct 4, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2014
wonder how much romance will progress this time? Probably the same amount as last season. In mater of speaking. None! :/
Oct 4, 2014 5:19 AM

Aug 2010
dobinz said:

Barion-Zara said:
I wonder what that scene at the end when she was talking with Shiroe about? Was it after the events of all this?

that's super spoiler i dont know why they put it in first ep :s
it was in middle of vol6 and 7.

Oh nice :3 Can't wait. Should be quite the awesome scene ^^
Oct 4, 2014 5:20 AM

Oct 2009
Great start, I'm glad they've kept Database as OP song XD
Oct 4, 2014 5:27 AM

May 2014
DAT DATABASE SONG. It's back.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 4, 2014 5:29 AM

Feb 2013
DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE

It's finally back *-*
I'm pretty happy with the new art style. (Besides some bigger boobs) I don't see any mayor differences, I thought it would be far worse.
But I really missed this show, I have high hopes it will be as extremely enjoyable as the first season.

Oct 4, 2014 5:30 AM

Mar 2014
Newhopes said:
BlueXRam said:

Can't remember the name but he was the leader of the guild that refused to join the round table.

His name is William and he is one of my favorite characters ( and you will see why :) ) A big amount of information about him and his guild will be given in the following episodes.

Akatsuki in the ED was SO MUCH CUTE
New character designs mostly look better than the previous season( except studio deen's boobs )
That was a great way to start the season ^^ I'm looking forward to the rest !
A book and who seek it attract one another. -Dantalian no Shoka
Oct 4, 2014 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
Kanamis boobs are op
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Oct 4, 2014 5:32 AM

Jun 2014
Nyantana's face is too bright
Disappointed there is still going to be a love triangle with a 14 year old... Seriously come on

By the way, this is something I've been wondering since season 1. Do how the characters look in real life have any correlation with how they look inside the game? I know the heights and builds are different but what about their faces? In season 1 Shiroe looked the same outside the game, but Noatsagu looks different here. Also I never understood why all the girls loved Soujirou when they were still in the game. Were they just in love with his ingame character?
Oct 4, 2014 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
BlueXRam said:
Also I never understood why all the girls loved Soujirou when they were still in the game. Were they just in love with his ingame character?

And Why is that a problem?

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 4, 2014 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
wow wow wow wow
Oct 4, 2014 5:44 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode :)
Oct 4, 2014 5:44 AM

Jun 2014
kaimax said:
BlueXRam said:
Also I never understood why all the girls loved Soujirou when they were still in the game. Were they just in love with his ingame character?

And Why is that a problem?

I didn't say it's a problem, I am just curious to how their real self correlates with their game character.
Oct 4, 2014 5:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So why did they decide do keep the awful OP from S1 but get rid of the awesome ED? I mean the new ED was decent too I guess but-

Anyway I'm a bit worried about the love triangle vibes going on atm, it's giving me a similar feeling to the retarded drama that happened in Sakurasou. Akatsuki is enough, anyone else thrown into the picture will just make it needlessly cliché and won't fit the atmosphere of the series at all.

That aside I'm happy this series is back at least~
Oct 4, 2014 5:48 AM

Jun 2014
HaXXspetten said:
So why did they decide do keep the awful OP from S1 but get rid of the awesome ED? I mean the new ED was decent too I guess but-

Anyway I'm a bit worried about the love triangle vibes going on atm, it's giving me a similar feeling to the retarded drama that happened in Sakurasou. Akatsuki is enough, anyone else thrown into the picture will just make it needlessly cliché and won't fit the atmosphere of the series at all.

Agreed the love triangle is completely unnecessary. I don't know if the show realizes that Nimori is 14.
Oct 4, 2014 5:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BlueXRam said:
HaXXspetten said:

Agreed the love triangle is completely unnecessary. I don't know if the show realizes that Nimori is 14.
well I don't care about the age difference whatsoever but the point still stands
Oct 4, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
BlueXRam said:
HaXXspetten said:

Don´t worry there will be no love and son on. They will just hint and nothing will happend in this show. The "love" is still only onesided.
Oct 4, 2014 5:52 AM
Nov 2010
BlueXRam said:
Disappointed there is still going to be a love triangle with a 14 year old... Seriously come on

By the way, this is something I've been wondering since season 1. Do how the characters look in real life have any correlation with how they look inside the game? I know the heights and builds are different but what about their faces? In season 1 Shiroe looked the same outside the game, but Noatsagu looks different here. Also I never understood why all the girls loved Soujirou when they were still in the game. Were they just in love with his ingame character?

It's been a while.... so I am not quite sure, but...
I think they mentioned during the first few episodes of S1 that how they look right now = a hybrid between their avatar + how they look irl. As for how the girls loved Soujirou, i think they mentioned in the Nishikaze manga that they had offline meetings and stuff during the game era.

---
Impressions:

Loved this episode btw. I just finished the novel Vol. 5, so I'm not sure what will happen, but they seem to be going at a higher pace than S1. Feels like the pace of a 12 episode series, but I guess they just have more content (like the Europe arc, other suggested) to fit into a 25ep-series, unlike the drag during mid-S1?

An evil plot by Shiroe already on the 1st episode! Also Akatsuki and Shiroe died at the end?! ...during Christmas Eve (29 days after the party) ?
Oct 4, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2009
HaXXspetten said:

Because it's popular and well liked.
Oct 4, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2012
yay, finally more DATABASE!! love that they kept the song, can't imagine LH without it!
and a pretty good first episode. i'm a bit confused about the last scene with akatsuki and shiroe though.
Oct 4, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
Good to see the animation improved. First season animation was shit...
Oct 4, 2014 5:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
bastek66 said:
HaXXspetten said:

I'm aware of that =w=
Actually it's more like a meme at this point
Oct 4, 2014 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
HaXXspetten said:
bastek66 said:

I'm aware of that =w=
Actually it's more like a meme at this point

More like, entire Log Horizon fanbase would go wild and riot if they would change the Database OP
Oct 4, 2014 6:11 AM
Oct 2013
silverwalls said:
yay, finally more DATABASE!! love that they kept the song, can't imagine LH without it!
and a pretty good first episode. i'm a bit confused about the last scene with akatsuki and shiroe though.

I am also indeed very confused at that part too. After the whole meeting thing, that part came up and i went hectic lost as heck.
Oct 4, 2014 6:13 AM
Nov 2013
what with all these talk about romance and love triangle? because i dont see any in this ep. if u are talking about Akatsuki being sad that's totally not about love she is feeling left behind and weak. read LN for more detail. anime seem to never explain character inner feeling
Oct 4, 2014 6:13 AM

Jun 2014
RainbowIslands said:
BlueXRam said:

It's been a while.... so I am not quite sure, but...
I think they mentioned during the first few episodes of S1 that how they look right now = a hybrid between their avatar + how they look irl. As for how the girls loved Soujirou, i think they mentioned in the Nishikaze manga that they had offline meetings and stuff during the game era.

---
Impressions:

Loved this episode btw. I just finished the novel Vol. 5, so I'm not sure what will happen, but they seem to be going at a higher pace than S1. Feels like the pace of a 12 episode series, but I guess they just have more content (like the Europe arc, other suggested) to fit into a 25ep-series, unlike the drag during mid-S1?

An evil plot by Shiroe already on the 1st episode! Also Akatsuki and Shiroe died at the end?! ...during Christmas Eve (29 days after the party) ?

Thanks for that, cleared up a lot of things.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

89 by Kraum »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

125 by Kraum »»
May 28, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

134 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.