Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 29, 2014 1:51 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one is worse than Phantom Rouge. The story is generic and the new villains are generic. You think the friendship theme has been overdone in the last movie? Oh watch this one to get your mind blown. The fights......they are some of the most boring fights i have seen in a shonen anime and the On concept is also pretty uninspired and unoriginal. While Nen is used by Utilizing life energy, On is derived from hatred and can be considered as a death energy(It's possible that the black auras that Gon is omitting during episode 116 of the TV series is On). The animation....seven hells the TV series heck even PR is way better from what i have seen. I can't believe Madhouse produced something like this.

Maybe some of you guys can enjoy this but...i want my money back..
RedgraveGilverJul 7, 2014 12:19 AM
Jul 27, 2014 1:44 AM

Mar 2009
So lazy, cheap, and painfully average.
Antagonist is generic, story is generic, 'On' jumped out of the blue with little seance or explanation,
fights are boring, and It seems that only characters that we like make it bearable.
Even animation is worse then on TV... It's theatrical release for god's sake, It is supposed to be better...

Don't misunderstand, it's not total crap but come on, it's incomparable to the series.
Jul 28, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
The art seems so different.

Oh, so there's a competition that the little karate guy participates. A little break from Chimera ant arc, huh, with every hunters from before. With a mysterious group that use grudge and has grudge on hunters interfering for a record about them. Including that vice that appears in current arc. Its record is not good for Hunter Association, though.

Nice, Gon's weapon is there. And Kurapika knows how they feel. The only thing we know that solo is hard to defeat one of them, but as pair.

It seems like that old guy's buddha power is used before TV series. So that boss was ex-partner of the old guy. Did Gon just mix two powers to defeat him? Even though the old guy says that the grudge power is no more, but I cannot help but to think it still exists because of that power later on TV.

I think ED's lyric is made for the movie, and I don't think it's suitable for TV ver., even if it's just to advertise this movie.
tsubasaloverJul 28, 2014 7:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 28, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
Gon-san = Seiyaku x Seiyaku = Vows/Contracts and Limitations, it's clearly said by Killua and Illumi.
It isn't On, on isn't canon.
Jul 29, 2014 11:33 PM

Dec 2013
This movie is far better than the first movie. I guess the nen powers of Gon/ Killua really does make a difference in the fighting lol. I also liked how they brought back all the weapons Killua / Gon / Kurapika haven't used ever since Chimera Ant started. ( Fishing Rod, yoyo, Double wooden sword).

Would recommend watching to anyone!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jul 30, 2014 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
It was better than first movie,the backstory of Shadow and how Hunter Association,especially Pariston took part in their locking up.
And then it was way too cliché. Even the animation looked kind of weaker compared to TV series,which was surprising.

I'd rate it 4-5/10.
Jul 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Oct 2010
I need my English HD subs :c
Jul 30, 2014 7:06 PM
Jul 2014
Only good thing about this were the 2011 OSTs but other than that it was average at best and that's me being kind.
Jul 30, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
Bummer about Hisoka not fighting.. Oh well.. I am happy however that things are still coming out for Hunter x Hunter even if it wasn't the greatest movie.
Jul 30, 2014 9:46 PM
Oct 2008
Another generic Shonen one-time baddie movie. 5/10

On a side note it was cool seeing all those cameos... but whats the point of having Hisoka, Bisky, and Netero if they dont do anything... and when the hell is this supposed to take place after they ran in with Kite there was no time for anything like this.
Jul 30, 2014 10:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Some of you guys made it seem as if this movie was bad...This was very fun enjoyable to see and I loved watching it even if Hisoka didn't fight lol

8/10 for me
Jul 30, 2014 11:03 PM

Oct 2013
i'm disappointed that we couldn't get to see Wing fight ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ

i also wished we could have seen netero and kurapika fight more... there wasn't that much action for them.

i thought the friendship thing died after the zoldyck family arc!
Jul 30, 2014 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
it's really good, but why is called "The Last Mission?"
Jul 30, 2014 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
lightgamma said:
it's really good, but why is called "The Last Mission?"

because it's jed's "last mission"?
Jul 31, 2014 1:31 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that was...not that great. The art was simplified compared to the regular anime, I guess the budget was saved for the many action scenes? It was hard to get into the movie because it was basically just fighting from the beginning to the end. Granted the fight scenes were fun to watch, but that's about it. I feel like the story didn't have proper build-up :/ Lol at the part where Hisoka uses Bungee Gum on Leorio though.
Jul 31, 2014 2:59 AM

Apr 2010
The ending was really bad, this whole friendship theme ruined it for me. Some fights were cool but everything was predictable. I wanted Gon to be tossed around more. I hate that brat.

Shura and Jed's reincarnations are awesome in terms of appearance.

There were lots of homo in it that I don't approve of.

In the end, Killua always cleans up after Gon. That brat.

Also, if this was before the Chimera ants arc. . . Possible spoilers ahead

Jul 31, 2014 3:23 AM

Jul 2013
The end was very bad.
But it was nice overall. I like the antagonist, they wanted to show the corruption of the hunters.
Pariston was having a good time during the panic :D We saw him again, when the corrupt politician was thinking to the hunter who helped him. :D
Their innocent clan was destroyed by the hunters
Jul 31, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
I chuckled a little every time Pariston was on screen xD and it's always nice to see more Netero.

The fanservice and nakama ending ruined it for me.

5/10
Jul 31, 2014 5:22 AM

Apr 2014
Disappointing. Not that I expected any better...
Anyway, at least it was a bit funny. 6.5/10
Jul 31, 2014 5:30 AM

May 2014
I liked it, it was enjoyable but I agree some of the animation looked weird but nothing too bad.

I also liked Netero's story with Jed and it was interesting to learn all those thing, I really like the antagonist's design and I really felt bad for them..
The concept of ON is interesting.. But I didn't like it or mind it that much, so yeah a fun movie with nice fights I liked everything EXCEPT for the ending!

Seriously what's with the nakama power up? Their friendship is special because they don't mention it one hundred times in a scene but other than that, them separating with Kite and doing this doesn't seem too far fetched and I liked how they tried to keep everyone's personalities in check, nothing too out of character.

so I'll give it 8/10 it was really good and I liked looking at my favorite characters for an hour and a half :3 I recommend watching it

Jul 31, 2014 6:36 AM

Oct 2010
Pls..

I guess they put all the animation in Hisoka's cards lol. No Hisoka fights.. so disappointing :c
Oh well didn't expect that much of the movie because it takes place before the chimera ant arc.
Jul 31, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
The movie was good up until the part where Jed took down the airships. Then that's that.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Jul 31, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
I think I liked it better than Phantom Rouge, I'm not sure whether to give it a 6/10 or a 5/10 honestly, I'll guess I'll talk it out here and decide by the time I'm done.

First off, the beginning stuff, not the stuff with Jed or On was great. Was it anything more than some fluffy fanservice? Nope, but it didn't need to be, I had a blast seeing all the old characters returning. Though the placement of this movie really bothers me. So what, during the beginning of Chimera Ant, Gon & Killua just ditched Kite for a few days? I wasn't given the impression during that arc that this situation allowed for such luxury. & Rueby brings up a pretty damn good point in that spoiler tag.

Secondly, the animation wasn't terrible but I do prefer the one from the series (same with Phantom Rouge, it felt like a downgrade). There were some pretty awesome moments in terms of animation, like Jed's On ability (Resatu, I think?). On the otherhand, the OST was great. Just like Phantom Rouge, it excelled here. Also, is it just me or does Hisoka always look off in that movies?

Now onto the movie in a bit more depth. It was weird to see Kurapika fighting with his bokken swords again, I figure he wouldn't bother with them anymore now that he has his Nen chains. & why is it that in both movies, Kurapika ends up, in some matter of speaking, the damsel in distress (with Leorio by his side)? & the final confrontation with Jed, was terrible. At first it tapped into some Chimera Ant redundancy here with Gon but the route it took at the end was completely unsatisfying & very unHxH.

However, I did enjoy the fight with Gaki, especially the resolution. & still, I enjoyed seeing all the character cameos/returns, even if they didn't amount to much (Bisky, Melody, all of them pretty much). Pariston's cameo while Beans was running around got a big laugh out of me.

To summarize, I guess. The story sucked. Generic as hell, On is just stupid & it's placement in the story leads to inconsistencies, like with characterization in one case. However, it did lead to one good action scenes. The characters were mostly themselves, it boasted a large cast most of whom contributed little to the plot but it was mostly fanservice & I can't pretend it didn't work for me on some level. The visuals had some stunning moments but for the most part, I preferred what we got in the anime. The OST was pretty damn solid though, no complaints there. Enjoyment . . . hm, I feel like I enjoyed it more than Phantom Rouge. It barely gets a 6/10 from my review system but barely is still getting it. 6/10.
Jul 31, 2014 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
They kept teasing us with Hisoka, but he never really did anything..

The return of the old characters were nice though :)
Jul 31, 2014 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
I'm incredibly biased towards this series now. Despite all the flaws it has I still really enjoyed it, mainly because of the Gon & Killua scenes. (I just absolutely admire their characters) The ending was disappointing though, kinda figured they'd throw a deus ex machina at us :( regardless I had a great time watching it ^^
Jul 31, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2011
I so hoped that this one would be better than that horrendous first movie.
Well, it wasn't. At least not mentionable.

The animations were kinda nice. Bust that should be a given for a movie.
Soundtrack was good too. But that's just a byproduct of the soundtrack getting better in the series.

I don't even know where to start, counting all the things that were wrong with the story and the characters though.
It was just so freakin' bad.

I just give up hoping for a good Hunter X Hunter movie.

3/10
Jul 31, 2014 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
it's too bad hisoka didn't get any battle scenes, pariston's troll face was epic
Jul 31, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
Don't know what that was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't HxH
Jul 31, 2014 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
This hxh movie turns into fairy tale 2.0.
Jul 31, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2010
The only reason I sat through the whole movie was because it was Hunter x Hunter. It was very unlike HxH though with asspulls (can't believe I am using this word) and cheesy dialogues, particularly from Gon.

Also they made a completely good guy out of Hisoka, vomit inducing. Still because its HxH and I am somewhat addicted to the Universe, I gave it a 6/10.
Jul 31, 2014 9:54 PM

May 2013
The film is shit, do not even bother.....
Jul 31, 2014 10:44 PM

Aug 2009
Tokoya said:
Some of you guys made it seem as if this movie was bad...This was very fun enjoyable to see and I loved watching it even if Hisoka didn't fight lol

8/10 for me

Ditto. I really enjoyed the movie for what it was.

Aug 1, 2014 3:02 AM
Jun 2009
It was nice seeing everyone, but that was truly awful. I don't normally fuss about story, but I was ready to turn it off at several points.
Aug 1, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
3 things I didnt llike. Hisoka wouldnt pass up the offer to fight someone strong, the floor masters were all scrubs, and Gon beating the main villain. Other than those things I loved it, but mostly because it felt very nostalgic; hopefully the gang will get back together in the DC.
Aug 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
Ah Pariston was precious. His brief shots were definitely really humorous. And Leorio's fish skeleton in his hair. Aces.

In the end it was an okay movie. I enjoyed it more than the previous movie, but it still wasn't anything too impressive. It wasn't until the end of the final thought that I really stopped and kind of thought "hey, why are we fighting again?" and I guess they did give a little bit of back story at the end of it, but okayyy. Still not much in the way of what the Shadow did for this persecution. I enjoyed the setting though. It was nice to see the tower and Wing and Zushi again. Though Wing and Biscuit already know each other? I guess it's a small world in the end but I dunno.

The other fights could've used more, well, substance. As Hisoka said, Kurapika's fight was rather anticlimactic after the immensely long one that was Gaki v Gon & Killua. I dunno.

Still the best scene imo:
Aug 1, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2011
Fan service..
Really disappointed by this one, nevertheless, it's a good movie to watch when you like HxH universe..
Will give a 6/10
Aug 1, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
Never thought I'd see nakama powerups in HxH

The characters seemed out of character to me and the story was way to shallow for compared to the usual HxH.

6/10
Aug 1, 2014 11:55 PM
Oct 2013
Hunter x (Not) Hunter: Last Mission turned into a typical shounen where you get nakama power ups. Disappointed. It would have been better if they kept up the original HxH atmosphere which is HxH main strength instead of turning it to a generic shounen.

The plot is very typical too. Light heroes vs. dark anti-heroes.

Last Mission isn't obvious enough. I've watched the movie and "Ohh so that's why is named Last Mission" never crossed my mind.

The art is worse than anime too.

6/10
Aug 2, 2014 12:50 AM

Feb 2009
I don't care about all the inconsistencies and such, because I thought it was a good movie. So many Killua and Gon friendship feels, how could you not like it?

Although I wish there had been more of the Arena, oh well. That arc was always my favorite in the anime so I was excited to see it again.
Aug 2, 2014 9:31 AM

Oct 2013
I was looking forward for this ,but yikes this movie was just full of generic everything , vilian ,fights ugh :l
Aug 2, 2014 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
Zushi a floor master? Completely impossibru, he was too weak before to be that strong right now. Fuuuuu I thought that Gon and Killua were going to fight in that tower again :(
Leorio still weak as always, what a shame for one of the main characters but I guess that's part of HxH awesomeness.
Why is Kurapika using those wooden swords when he has super ultra mega overpowered nen? Non sense.
50 minutes of the movie seen, pretty good for a non cannon movie, some parts where Killua and Gon fight the blue+white haired guy were bad animated, there was a frame where Gon had 1999 animation XD But despite that the rest of the movie was well animated.
What the heck? Why did Kurapika know about the "Kage"? Hum, probably that guy he works for told him? A plot hole I here.
Finally Kurapika used his nen. Hisoka and his strange thoughts *-*
Gon's hit by that crazy super power but Killua it's not and the attack came from his back .______. Kenbunshoku Haki .-.
Well, Gon is freaking out already, kinda expected, he always does.
Why doesn't Hisoka beat the shit out of everyone already? That'd be awesome!
LOL Leorio is so baka, he can't hold a simple attack, what a loser.
Hisoka is just sitting there like a boss looking their fight, like nothing's happening at all =D
Cliched final, expect. Pretty good movie tho, I give it 7/10.
Aug 2, 2014 9:17 PM
Jul 2014
Awkward lines everywhere. Characters seemed different from usual, and the plot was extremely boring. Fighting from beginning to end.Not much character development, and the villains were just bad. Animation was nice, but that's it. Disappointed. I guess I expected too much
Aug 2, 2014 10:47 PM

Dec 2013
I have only 1 thing to say : This is NOT Hunter x Hunter, its just another shounen with Mains winning fights with the 'friendship' power. Can't believe they used the name of HxH to sell this crap. Whoever is responsable for this, i'm dissapointed, never though i would score smth linked to HxH this low.

5/10
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 3, 2014 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
i like it, it was really entertaining
Aug 3, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2013
The first 30 minutes of the movie was pretty good and then it just went downhill after that. The final fight seemed like something straight out of Fairy Tail with the friendship bullshit.

6/10
Aug 3, 2014 11:03 AM
May 2014
This movie was crap. 1/5 give me my wasted time back.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Aug 3, 2014 5:42 PM

May 2013
What the hell did I just watch cuz that was sure as hell not HxH.

3/10
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 3, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2014
That was bloody awful imo, or maybe i'm just blinded by how awesome the main series is.
anyway, the only good thing in this movie was Pariston.
1/5
Aug 3, 2014 10:40 PM
Jul 2008
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought it was awful.
Aug 4, 2014 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
It takes a real amount of skill to have a movie's budget and still handle Hyakushiki Kannon worse than the series. At least the movie was a pretext for the composition of so many wonderful pieces of OST (which were almost all badly employed in the movie).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is The Last Mission, really canon?

Magna_Liger - Jul 31, 2014

10 by Psi18c »»
Oct 19, 2020 2:43 PM

» Background track playing during Kurapika's fight

Vampiress_D - Sep 7, 2014

0 by Vampiress_D »»
Sep 7, 2014 4:45 PM

» The BD/DVD will come out on the 23th of July.

rederoin - Apr 29, 2014

19 by richard_1990 »»
Jul 25, 2014 7:48 PM

» When the movie will be aviable in english langauge ?

HBKwowo - Dec 28, 2013

11 by PeaceAndCake »»
May 13, 2014 5:36 AM

» Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission Teaser

bewareofhisoka - Aug 18, 2013

15 by AcceleratorAngel »»
Apr 14, 2014 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.