Forum Settings
Forums

When a girl hits a guy in anime does it piss you off?

New
Nov 18, 2012 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
woman are so strong men are the wusses e.g. naruto strongest dude in the anime getting smacked around

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM

Sep 2008
I am not sure what you are hinting at but if it is as simple as I read it.
Do I mind a girl hitting a boy in anime? No, that is fine with me.

Reversing stereo types can be fun, it all depends how it is done.
Nov 18, 2012 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
No lol.
It's a way to show the audience that a male character, no matter how tough he is, there is still something out there that can knock him off that high chair.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 18, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2010
No. I tend to use a thing called context and judge things depending on the situation. And in most anime and fictional situations I see women are capable of hitting men and getting away with it mostly because of female on male violence viewed as a lesser crime(actually comes across comical) than male on female physical violence.

Nov 18, 2012 10:05 AM
Jul 2012
no tsunderes do it all the time
Nov 18, 2012 10:05 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah man totally pisses me off women should be in the kitchen making me sammiches not punching me around.

/jk

No.
Nov 18, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
Depends on if the guy deserves it or not.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 18, 2012 10:11 AM
Mar 2012
Yeah, especially when it's used for comedy purpose because I don't find it funny. Plus, usually it's done by a worthless female that can't do anything else.

Sep 2008
Yes I mind. Violence, domestic or not should only be used for sexual purposes. If the guy ain't getting any, then the girl has no right to hit him(and vice-versa)

Jan 2011
A modern tsundere trait which by any means is any harm aside from those who hit without a reason.
Nov 18, 2012 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah if the guy doesn't deserve it and it happens a lot then I don't like it. Though if it's not that often and he usually deserves it then I don't really care.
Nov 18, 2012 10:22 AM

Dec 2009
YES it does! Because the reasons are childish, like the above said "the guy doesn't deserve it" and its always because of misunderstandings.
Plus I'm growing used to that cliche girls hitting the protagonist and I hate it
Nov 18, 2012 10:23 AM

Sep 2010
waalex11 said:
YES it does! Because the reasons are childish, like the above said "the guy doesn't deserve it" and its always because of misunderstandings.
Plus I'm growing used to that cliche girls hitting the protagonist and I hate it

If the reasons are childish then it makes since when the people involved are children.
Growing used to the cliche? The reverse stereotype exists in every media and even happens in real life. Where you just hatched yesterday?

Nov 18, 2012 10:25 AM

May 2012
I get mad when guys hit women. Not so much the other way around.
Nov 18, 2012 10:27 AM

Jan 2011
IcecreamManwich said:

Oh boy here we go.
Nov 18, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
I think it all depends on the reason that they are hitting him for there are times when a character deserves a good smack in the face but in anime there are certainly times when they don't and it's mainly the tsundere type characters that are the ones hitting unnecessarily.
Nov 18, 2012 10:28 AM

May 2012
Niyawa said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Oh boy here we go.

Like that punk from Chuunibyou. What a jerk!
Nov 18, 2012 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
IcecreamManwich said:
Niyawa said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Oh boy here we go.

What about Elfen Lied.

Nov 18, 2012 10:32 AM

Mar 2010
It pisses me off since most of the time the guy doesn't deserve it. And the bitches.. erm... I mean tsunderes don't even apologize afterwards. That's basically the only reason why I hate tsundere character type
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Nov 18, 2012 10:33 AM

May 2012
Tavor said:
IcecreamManwich said:
Niyawa said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Oh boy here we go.

What about Elfen Lied.

Haven't seen it.

Instances where it doesn't bother me though is when the girl is a villain.
who_dat_ninjaNov 18, 2012 10:41 AM
Nov 18, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2012
Yep it's definitely a retarded trope.

Women who hit first and ask questions later are no better than their male equivalents.

Every time something like this happens I say in my head "Why don't you calm down for 3 seconds and try to analyze the situation before you go around hitting people?"
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 18, 2012 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
IcecreamManwich said:

Haven't seen it.

Instances where it doesn't bother me though is when the character is a villain.

Ah, the scene I refer to, the character is pretty much the bad guy, so never mind then.

Nov 18, 2012 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
Goryo said:
Yep it's definitely a retarded trope.

Women who hit first and ask questions later are no better than their male equivalents.

Every time something like this happens I say in my head "Why don't you calm down for 3 seconds and try to analyze the situation before you go around hitting people?"

People aren't always rational.
Also, fictional stories would tend to be boring/short as hell if rational decisions were made by all characters involved. No villain ever would try to wipe out all of mankind because genocide is stupid and time consuming.

Nov 18, 2012 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
I don't get mad about it unless it's really unnecessary, especially since what you're referring to is just for laughs.
The other way around could be funny sometimes, but it doesn't feel right. And battered women in general is not a very good joke imo.
Nov 18, 2012 10:40 AM

May 2012
Tavor said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Haven't seen it.

Ah, the scene I refer to, the character is pretty much the bad guy, so never mind then.

Oh yeah? I'm sure she deserved getting smacked around!
Nov 18, 2012 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
Anime_Name said:
People aren't always rational.
Also, fictional stories would tend to be boring/short as hell if rational decisions were made by all characters involved. No villain ever would try to wipe out all of mankind because genocide is stupid and time consuming.

^This basically. While sometimes it's annoying, at the same time is what makes anime itself unique. It gets boring when you know the outcome of the situation though.
Nov 18, 2012 10:42 AM

Oct 2012
IcecreamManwich said:
Tavor said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Haven't seen it.

Whoops! I misread. I thought you said you don't mind it when the guy is a villain (which didn't make sense to me either), but yeah, it was an arrogant guy slapping an innocent woman.

Nov 18, 2012 10:44 AM

May 2012
Tavor said:
IcecreamManwich said:
Tavor said:
IcecreamManwich said:

Haven't seen it.

Whoops! I misread. I thought you said you don't mind it when the guy is a villain (which didn't make sense to me either), but yeah, it was an arrogant guy slapping an innocent woman.

THROW HIM TO THE WOLVES!

(Cool sig by the way)
Nov 18, 2012 10:49 AM

Sep 2010
AcerolaOrion said:
Not in anime, but I've had girls do that to me irl and it gets annoying after a while

It only gets annoying when the girls doing it are ugly.

Nov 18, 2012 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
^Not exactly. Some girls did the same with me, and they were fairly attractive. I just don't like pain. Unless you're a M, anime_name.
Nov 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Sep 2010
From my experience being hit by girls, pain or not, is just a cry for attention. So most of the time I eventually end up giving them the attention they need.

Nov 18, 2012 11:09 AM

Jan 2011
Anime_Name said:
From my experience being hit by girls, pain or not, is just a cry for attention. So most of the time I eventually end up giving them the attention they need.

We both live in different locations so I don't know about there, but here a girl crying for attention is the same as a girl smiling for depression. You probably don't get what I mean, you just need to know it's a bad thing.
Nov 18, 2012 11:11 AM
Dec 2011
Guys in anime are masochist
Nov 18, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Depends on what they're being hit for. If its at a comedic stance then why would I mind? I've seen worse and lets face it, girl hitting a guy is probably preferred over a guy hitting a girl.
..this space under construction...
Nov 18, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2011
I wouldn't be watching anime if such a small thing would automatically piss me off.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 18, 2012 11:18 AM
Jul 2012
No.
Nov 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2011
No. I don't mind it at all.
Nov 18, 2012 11:59 AM
Jun 2012
It generally doesn't bother me, but....

When done in a comedic fashion, like in Shuffle! where Asa slapped Rin on the back when greeting him, I really don't mind.

But when it goes too far, like in Girls Bravo, I find it distasteful. The main character gets abused regularly by the opposite gender. And he got murked by his female childhood "friend" (who broke into his house and used his shower) for walking into HIS own fucking house and into HIS own bathroom.
Nov 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Nov 2010
Deziah said:
It generally doesn't bother me, but....

When done in a comedic fashion, like in Shuffle! where Asa slapped Rin on the back when greeting him, I really don't mind.

But when it goes too far, like in Girls Bravo, I find it distasteful. The main character gets abused regularly by the opposite gender. And he got murked by his female childhood "friend" (who broke into his house and used his shower) for walking into HIS own fucking house and into HIS own bathroom.
And then she still expects him to believe that she likes him. I hated that part of the anime, totally ridiculous.
Nov 18, 2012 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
I actually find it funny. Well in One Piece at least. I laugh whenever Nami punches Luffy. Zoro, and/or Sanji. It's good comical humor.

As for other non-shonen anime, don't really know. :/
Nov 18, 2012 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Not really, it's funny imho.

But in Elfenlied I got mad, yes.
Nov 18, 2012 12:36 PM
Apr 2009
Doesn't make me mad, and it rarely annoys me.
Nov 18, 2012 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
I tend to hate it when it's shown as the "logical" fix to a situation and perfectly and effectively absolves an argument and gets the characters all buddy-buddy again. That's just so outside the realm of reality, and it bugs me that some people watch those fictional interactions and then think that that's how you solve arguments and build healthy relationships.

There are some anime I actually really like because a girl will hit the guy and then he'll slap her right back (like Double Zeta with Elle and Beecha, for example...this is also the ONLY time I approve of Beecha even remotely). The reason being that it just goes to show that hitting people just because you disagree with them or are upset isn't cool and if you get assaulted, it's within your right to hit 'em back.

The only exceptions to this are:

1) If it's a villain doing the slapping, as some others have pointed out (the villain is evil, so the slap isn't meant at all to be a "healthy" device for solving an argument/fixing a relationship)

2) It's an adult character slapping a younger child character who really deserves it for being an idiot/disrespectful. The best and most awesome example of this would of course be:

Now true, this isn't a a female hitting a male, but if Emma had slapped Amuro a la Bright style, I'd totally support that.
Nov 18, 2012 12:39 PM
Jun 2012
Lol, I mean, really just like if it were a guy hitting a girl, it all depends on what the hell is going on, man. I have no idea why something like that in general would piss me off. I mean, violence happens a lot in manga and anime, so I dont see the issue.
Nov 18, 2012 12:43 PM

Jan 2011
HappyRadio3000 said:
Lol, I mean, really just like if it were a guy hitting a girl, it all depends on what the hell is going on, man. I have no idea why something like that in general would piss me off. I mean, violence happens a lot in manga and anime, so I dont see the issue.

5/10.
Nov 18, 2012 12:46 PM

Aug 2012
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 18, 2012 12:47 PM
Jun 2012
Well, it does, So I don't see why something like this would piss me off....*shrug*
Nov 18, 2012 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
Tsumayouji said:
I tend to hate it when it's shown as the "logical" fix to a situation and perfectly and effectively absolves an argument and gets the characters all buddy-buddy again. That's just so outside the realm of reality, and it bugs me that some people watch those fictional interactions and then think that that's how you solve arguments and build healthy relationships.

There are some anime I actually really like because a girl will hit the guy and then he'll slap her right back (like Double Zeta with Elle and Beecha, for example...this is also the ONLY time I approve of Beecha even remotely). The reason being that it just goes to show that hitting people just because you disagree with them or are upset isn't cool and if you get assaulted, it's within your right to hit 'em back.

The only exceptions to this are:

1) If it's a villain doing the slapping, as some others have pointed out (the villain is evil, so the slap isn't meant at all to be a "healthy" device for solving an argument/fixing a relationship)

2) It's an adult character slapping a younger child character who really deserves it for being an idiot/disrespectful.

I see inconsistency in this. Usually if you disagree with someone in the heat of an argument, you'll find justification to slap because he or she is an idiot.
The way I see it, sometimes a slap brings a person back to reality and to take a deep breath and reconsider what he or she said.

Nov 18, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
HappyRadio3000 said:
Well, it does, So I don't see why something like this would piss me off....*shrug*

>Violence is reality in anime in manga
>That means we can slap everyone without having to worry about it
>It's not like it hurts or anything, we should just slap each other

Goryo said:

Living the dream.
Nov 18, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 2012
It's kind of funny, especially when the girl hit huge and muscled guy.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which anime character do you think would make the best therapist, and why? Would you want to be their patient?

Wendoka - 10 hours ago

14 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » How dominant is anime in the content you consume?

RobertBobert - May 27

37 by IKKIsama »»
4 minutes ago

» Can you name a character for each of these features?

Anjuro - 7 minutes ago

0 by Anjuro »»
7 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

22 by Rhae »»
11 minutes ago

» Simping for anime/manga creators. Do you do it? How do you do it?

Catalano - May 14

17 by LenRea »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.