Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2021 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are out.

That OP song is very catchy imo. We got Uramichi showing his entertainment skills with the kids. The way he just changes his character expressions is comedy gold. Uramichi is 31 years old but not married and doesn't have kids. I like how he reacted to Miki's question.

Very lighthearted anime but Uramichi's personality is the most entertaining part of the show imo. His friends and colleagues were also entertaining to see. Glad to see the core cast of the anime are all grown up adults.
Jul 5, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
31-year-old kids-cum-former-gymnastics instructor Uramichi Omota...now this a dark comedy through and through for the double-faced emotionally unstable guy. Hiroshi Kamiya must've had fun VAing Uramichi-kun.

There's somethnig weird but funny for this one...Uramchi-oniisan can teach kids well on his kids show "Together with Maman", but often his dark side comes out at the least expected it always looks mysteriously spooky but hilarious.

I kinda can relate to Uramichi-oniisan that adulthood can be scary. Usao (real name Usahara Tobikichi) and Kumao (real name Mitsuo Kumatani) are great punching-bag Kouhais. Former singers Iketeru Daga and Utano Tadano also had a hard life, now playing the part of singers Oniisans, and their names are puns (if you read the manga).

Other than the catchy kids-like OP, Mamoru Miyano's ED is spot-on perfect for this show.

This is NOT your typical comedy, that's for sure. All I know that this is gonna be the ironic comedy GOLD of the season. Love the self-awareness it knows and dishes out like it doesn't give a heck about.
Jul 5, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2020
Look at dem seiyuu cast.
Jul 5, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
What a great anime to kick off the week! I was expecting a bunch of adult dudes bored with life pretending to be happy and that's what I got, so real for a sec I felt I was watching myself, and with my favorite seiyuus: Hiroshi Kamiya, Mamoru Miyano, Tomokazu Sugita and Yuuichi Nakamura. I'll enjoy the hell out of this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Jun 2021
Not a bad episode.

Obviously, the VA lineup is amazing and to nobody's surprise, their acting sounds great. Wasn't sure how the animation would come out, given the studio, but looked solid on this episode.

The plot was pretty straight forward. Mostly character introductions and the same types of jokes repeated over and over. Hopefully they can expand on the comedy repertoire in future episodes.
Jul 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Jun 2019
Can't believe I was almost about to skip on this show. I'm glad I chose this. Uramichi onisan is really funny, the protagonist of the show who has two sides to his character. It's almost like he loves the kids but since he's alone and he has to do that kind of job, he's tired of his life. It's not daily that we see Kamiya Hiroshi in such a character. Definitely nailed it there.

The comedy is on point. I laughed way too much for some reason. On silly jokes like those Dick jokes. LMAO. His Kouhai's are also funny and it seems like he isn't the only one who's single and alone. LOL, I'm looking forward to this show. I loved the comedy of this show. Also, the OP is rather good. And the kids are adorable.
Jul 5, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode. I'm looking forward to watch the next one.
Jul 5, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
Sport major trio. How can a dark person like him stay in this work??? He's like not afraid of showing his dark side in front of the kids. lol~

CM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQtPUx9Egw

Singers duo... they are dark, too in different meanings...

So Uramichi's friends are bird face.

OP (kids show OP) is bright but ED is dark (even though PV is not).
https://twitter.com/uramichi_anime/status/1412245416985432066

They all lost their dreams but have to work to give kids dreams... such reality.
tsubasaloverJul 6, 2021 12:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 5, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2020
First episode and I'm already hooked!The seiyuu lineup is insane. The ED(the OP as well) is so pretty and catchy! I could take any screenshot and it would be very wallpaper worthy. I'm looking forward for this show
Jul 5, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
Punkuin said:
Gag-comedy anime on adult depression and workplace degradation.

Some of the jokes didn't hit as hard as they did in the manga imo.

Stacked Seiyuu line-up. Mediocre visuals/ animation alongside Hit/miss use of music and sound effects meant that the comedic timing was inconsistent.

This is exactly how I feel lol

Jul 5, 2021 10:15 AM

Jul 2011
Functional depression The animation, should be the second title of this.
This anime is seriously relatable

Im impressed how real feel the conversation between the kids and Uramichi-oniisan is.

Iketeru is my favorite character for now.
Jul 5, 2021 10:24 AM
Aug 2020
The hype was worth it, this show is comedy gold!
Jul 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Nov 2016
I fuck with Uramichi and how every character is down horrendously. This kind of dark comedy is a breath of fresh air.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2021 10:37 AM

Sep 2019
The VA cast is AMAZING. Kamiya, Sugita, Miyano, Nakamura, Tsuda, Nakai, Ono, Miki, Hanae... I mean, who else can I ask for? It is so fucking stacked.

I liked this episode a lot more than I thought, I hope the jokes won't get repetitive. The animation was meh, so was the music. Pretty good start.
z00nexJul 5, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 5, 2021 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
Eh, wasn't too impressed with it. I thought the jokes got old too quickly and too many cutaways to let scenes sink in.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 5, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2020
Dark and wholesome animations at once. Not a bad episode, I won’t lie some of the parodies of Uramichi hit me hard.

Jul 5, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2021
Lol!!! The chin chin joke 😭😭😭 ....I was just laughing 🤦 .... Also the voice actors are no wonder top tier ...lollll mamoru and Hiroshi kamiya must have rolled on the floor after their chinchin scene
Jul 5, 2021 10:49 AM
Jan 2019
After hearing nothing about this I decided I’d check it out anyway, and I’m glad it did, I’m not sure what route it’ll go down cause with the themes it absolutely could go quite dark but if they continue with the dark comedy I’ll enjoy that too as long as it doesn’t get too repetitive and tired.
Jul 5, 2021 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
Not relatable, not funny, not exciting, but I'll watch this based only on the fact that all of characters are hot and single. Physical education graduated!
Jul 5, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
lmao this is too real.

Also, damn what a cast!
Jul 5, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2019
Better than I thought it would be so far. I chuckled more than a few times and it has more personality than I was expecting. The gags during the show already felt very repetitive, but once the characters are in their off time it becomes more enjoyable.
Jul 5, 2021 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
This series is so fun to watch with an amazing cast 😂
Especially Hiroshi Kamiya & Tomokazu Sugita's voice
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 5, 2021 11:01 AM
Jun 2021
i enough enjoyed that show. so entertained me. those kids so pity just because get depressed or looks not understand about uramichi's dark comedy. i'm so curious for next episode!
Jul 5, 2021 11:05 AM
Nov 2020
As a reader of this mangá i found the comedy kind of boring compared to the original work because i didn't feel like laughing but it must be because they compiled the chapters i can't say exactly, i just hope it gets better. And i didn't understand why the visuals of some characters changed and i also found some voices very different from what i imagined

Yes i'm being pretty critical because it was one of my favorite comedy manga that i always laughed at but unfortunately this adaptation episode didn't make me laugh
Jul 5, 2021 11:06 AM
May 2021
What a great anime enjoyable and also great characters. Can’t wait for the rest of the episodes.
Jul 5, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2017
Is this meant to be a comedy?? I can see myself dropping this very quickly if it is just these scenarios every week.
Jul 5, 2021 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
I'M SO GLAD THAT I GAVE THIS A CHANCE!

THIS IS GOOD COMEDY IMO

The OP is so catchy and the ED even more (favorite ED right now)
The anime reminded me of Gakuen Babysitters, the comedy is scary but funny as hell. The personalities of the characters are spiritless (dead xD) but that's what makes the show amazing!

The voice actors are among the best.. they choose the perfect VA for each character (def reading the manga)

Uramichi VA: Hiroshi Kamiya (Ranpo BSD, Izaya Durarara, Shinji Fate series, Araragi monogatari series, Akashi Kuroko no basket, Levi AOT)

Iketeru VA: Mamoru Miyano (Dazai BSD, Light DN, Benimaru FF, Atsuma Miya Haikyuu, Chrollo HxH, Okabe Steins Gate) -> MY FAVORITE!

Mitsuo VA: Yuuichi Nakamura (Tsukasa Drstone, Gray Fairy Tail, Nozaki Gekkan Shojou, Kuroo Haikyuu, Oreki Hyouka, Tatsuya Mahouka Kokou, Guren Owari no Seraph)

Tobikichi VA: Tomokazu Sugita (Hidenori Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys, Gintoki Gintama, Escanor SDS)

Utano VA: Nana Mizuki (Hinata Naruto, Saya Blood-C, Vanessa Black Clover)

The VA we heard this episode, they're all fucking top tier. Because of their great voice acting skills the jokes hit even better. (not all tho)

Iketeru's laugh reminded me of Okabe which is my favorite laugh. Uramichi's scary face expressions and his dead dialogues, our two drunk costume friends who talk about Uramichi all the time behind his back.. This is a solid first episode. (animation and visuals were decent)

Excellent for a comedy anime, I'm in for a ride.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 5, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2021
I feel like this will be dark as hell. Btw I loved the ending song.

Mar 2018
Let me just say that if you don't find this anime funny then I am happy you are living a good life right now

Feb 2020
Really great first impression. Really funny. Insane Seiyuu lineup.

Very excited for episode 2.

Catchy OP and nice ED.

Mar 2010
This was certainly mood and realistic in a way. Was fun to see a variety of characters with great VAs acting them. It's hiliarious that Uramachi keeps seeing his rabbit kouhai talking sh*t about him.
StardewJul 5, 2021 11:48 AM
Jul 5, 2021 11:19 AM

Apr 2020
Right after 1st ep I can say it's going to be amazing manga adaption & I love choice of voice actors

-English is not my national language-

Jul 5, 2021 11:20 AM

May 2008
Why does it have such a low rating right now wtf. This show is clearly a masterpiece. It's hilarious.

May 2018
Now that was relatable, especially:

AOTS so far.

Jan 2018
I really thought the seiyuu were gonna carry this anime (which they still did to an extent. I mean ofc they would) but this was actually really fun. And that OP by Mamo and Nana Mizuki and the ED by Mamo were just perfect.
ARK-13Jul 5, 2021 11:40 AM
Jul 5, 2021 11:23 AM
Apr 2021
The first half was good and gave me a couple of smiles(not laughs). And then came hilarious voice acting of Iketeru. That laugh made me cry! I feel dumb to laugh at it but oh boy it was the most realistic laugh I have ever heard in anime. Legendary Voice Actors, Great Comedy
Jul 5, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2010
i just finished watching the episode and i want more already...

Well Done Kamiya-san...Couldnt have had a better Uramichi Oni-san...

Jul 5, 2021 11:41 AM

Aug 2020
That seiyuu line up beats bakuten's from last season . Now that is fucking STACKED . hiroshi kamiya , ono daisuke , mamoru ,rina satou etc etc what the hell .....

And Hanae natsuki is in this as well ??? what the fuck , why is this dude everywhere . i swear i have heard his voice in everything that has aired this year.

And this feels like its gonna be the odd taxi of this season .the jokes were hilarious , especially with mamoru and his laughter . good god this man is such a fantastic seiyuu . and that definitely was alot more adult like than i thought it would be . teaching kindergarten kids about adult life difficulties hahahah

what a banger ed by the way . totally out of the blue .
TweedleDaneJul 5, 2021 1:25 PM
Jul 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Sep 2020
having a dark comedy anime this season is very nice! iketeru's laugh was the most realistic anime laughs i've ever heard, no "hehehe", it was a full-on stupid, laugh, and i love it.
Jul 5, 2021 11:49 AM

Feb 2020
Hahaaha, just how I thought it would turn out like! This is too depressing, yet way too amusing! Really happy this anime is blessed with great VAs because I don't think this would've been enjoyable without them.

Nice opening, but the ending song is really nice.
Jul 5, 2021 11:56 AM

Jun 2016
It's finally here!
The animation, while not amazing, looks better than what I expected.
The pacing of the episode was nice and the way they decided to adapted the first 3 chapters in segments was a surprise, but a great choice tbh!
As everyone imaging, the cast sounds natural and fit the characters perfectly, but I did had the same issue with the sound mixing at some points and don´t really know how to feel on how some scenes with Iketeru sounded yet (not a problem with Mamo chan's delivery, just the "atmosphere" a mixing issue for sure)
The OP and ED had great visuals and are absolute bangers, I'm going to check them out on Spotify when the full versions are out tomorrow!
Overall, I had a great time, and while I understand why the jokes didn't land for a lot of people and the type of humor is not for everyone, as a fan I'm just glad that it's finally out after an awful year and it'll surely make my day for a couple weeks.
Looking forwards next episode!!
Jul 5, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2012
As a fan of dark humor, I think it's badly done here.

All the jokes lead to the same "adulthood/life sucks, pity me" punchline.

There's no sense of variety and they might as well had been repeating the same one joke endlessly throughout the episode.
YorusighJul 5, 2021 12:30 PM
Jul 5, 2021 12:28 PM
Nov 2019
very relatable dark comedy show with good top tier seiyuus definitely looking forward for more episodes
Jul 5, 2021 12:32 PM
Dec 2019
The cast for this anime is so good and spot on with every va's maching characteristics.
Jul 5, 2021 1:05 PM
May 2021
I like how the three adult hosts are all dead inside...relatable af.
Jul 5, 2021 1:11 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A dark comedy anime that displays the burdens of being an adult. Sign me up!!! This show can be good if the comedy is consistent rather than hit or miss. Uramichi dark reactions hit a little to close to home for me so I can easily relate to him.
Jul 5, 2021 1:14 PM

May 2021
Interesting and relatable, hope that the premise hold up and we get more spice

Jul 5, 2021 1:18 PM
Apr 2020
SHINOBI-03 said:
Eh, wasn't too impressed with it. I thought the jokes got old too quickly and too many cutaways to let scenes sink in.

I felt the same way
Jul 5, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
As expected, a solid first episode. Hiroshi Kamiya is having a lot of fun with Uramichi's various moods and he's already proving to be a fantastic casting for the character. In fact, I'm pretty pleased with the castings across the board having now actually heard them in action, but with some top-tier VAs involved that's no real surprise (great ED from Mamoru Miyano as well). Overall, a good start as an adaptation, but having only read the first 20ish chapters of the manga in the past (before dropping it due to its upload schedule being so ridiculously sporadic) I'm not sure how much longevity this premise can have, and I do somewhat feel that this may have worked better as half-length episodes.

Honestly, though, I just wanna see an actual episode of the show they're recording, just to see how much of Uramichi's cynicism and what have you actually airs; the director and other crew members seem very nonplussed about the rather outlandish things Uramichi says to the children.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2021

58 by whsangel »»
Jul 31, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2021

111 by TammyS29 »»
Jul 19, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Swagernator - Sep 6, 2021

62 by TammyS29 »»
Jul 17, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

54 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 3, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Uramichi Oniisan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2021

68 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 2, 1:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.