3It was OK
6.5%
2Disliked it
3.2%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.5
124 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 31, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shinomiya is so shy...well, whatever, nice to see her make episode debut this week. She's almost like Frau imo of this show in her terms of using technology. I still think she looks pretty though in those clothes :p

Well, I'm not surprised that she joined the team and got her own Vivid powers. Not bad.

Jan 31, 2013 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
Himawari joined the team as expected. Those blonde drills she gets after forming into her adult form are something...
Elite60Jan 31, 2013 9:39 AM
Jan 31, 2013 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
Himawari's docked form is beautiful and her weapons seem to be more for defense than offense like the others as the bits reflect and nullify enemy projectiles.

Jan 31, 2013 1:58 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I pretty much predict that she would be the defense type and her docking form is beautiful but normally she is cute.

Kuroki Rei: Nice Homerun!

Next preview: Final key

Well, Kuroki Rei might be the final key but I don't think she easily will team up with Akane and instead go with the enemy, but somehow I got a feeling of she will help them later.
She might just end up in neutral side as first.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 31, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
Blackbird said:
Well, I pretty much predict that she would be the defense type and her docking form is beautiful but normally she is cute.

Kuroki Rei: Nice Homerun!

Next preview: Final key

Well, Kuroki Rei might be the final key but I don't think she easily will team up with Akane and instead go with the enemy, but somehow I got a feeling of she will help them later.
She might just end up in neutral side as first.

Omg @ homerun....
ChepriJan 31, 2013 3:50 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 31, 2013 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Sounds Interesting Cant wait for the subs later on.
Jan 31, 2013 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
OP got updated again and the episode went pretty much as we expected. I like the added pride factor of Himawari and Vividyellow reminds me very much of a combination of Mami and Selnia.

They've already thrown so many transformations and stuff at us, I wonder what else they have to offer. Normally I'd say the pacing and everything are way off, but I kinda like how the show takes a different approach so far.
SuryJan 31, 2013 3:40 PM
Jan 31, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2011
Himawari-chan is so damn cute. She's as cute as Aoi-chan. Also has the biggest breast size out three girls.

Vividyellow is one pretty babe. She resembles Mami of Madoka too.
Jan 31, 2013 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
I'm completely hooked now. Yellow is best girl!!
Jan 31, 2013 7:02 PM
Jun 2008
look like wall-e camera girl is seem watching & hacking to wonder about these alone attack got akane's grandpa hmm wonder & akake, aoi, & wakaba is doing training practice.

baseball workout class time while wall-e camera seeing grandpa weasel oh "home run" akake smash wall-e camera so go wall-e camera girl house give enter yet some talks & notice every try to discent akane's grandpa weasel.

better idea go outside give camera-computer girl a makeover see big device til alone attack give stop the device camera-computer stop the device & almost got splat give brief flashback she was lonely & no friends.

til akane appear save her & now become vivid yellow & combine big blast send alone away all good & oh yellow is a fan of akane's grandpa.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 31, 2013 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
WOW GREAT EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go and this time it wasnt Rushed like the Green Girl.... Plus even a Docking Scene. Plus The Yellow Girl is also CUTE!!!

Here are some of the great parts in this episode I would have to say.
Mod Edit
Only one screen shot is allowed per post.
Suzune-chanJan 31, 2013 7:44 PM
Jan 31, 2013 7:24 PM

Oct 2010
The episode did what it had to in order as introductions go with Himawari Shinomiya herself. I for one already know she is CANNON FODDER for breast service easily. OP bouncing being present of her during each OP ends the discussion of this.

About Himawari, typical shut-in and is given courage aka light to come out and make a differences. Quite used often GAG. No surprise there.

About Himawari’s transformation, quite the most clean I have seen. Himawari’s appeal are her breasts and cleavage. Nothing else to say other than her ass should a better variance. Last I hear big breasted girls have bigger asses than others.

About Himawari x Akane docking, quite the best in the following,

Including of course them blank breasts who have a better shape since has the biggest shape. Makes you wonder if Akane’s breasts size compacted them into being smaller. Oh well the wonders of fusions other than how they are presented to the viewers.

Himawari’s boots remind me of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermes
Basically. Especially at what they do. Speed is quite essential in a good defence.

About Himawari’s fused appearance, if you take a look close from the panorama view in the following spoilerAs a whole. You can quite be happy that you should get fooled. It’s nothing but this:
http://myanimelist.net/character/38194/Mami_Tomoe
Add longer drills and a variance of the dress. It quite fits Mami indeed. A lot of elements IMO. Albeit I like the closed eyes aspect it does to the fused version.

About why I picked this up again, cause I felt the service is stupid in thee end and that the SFX and enemies is where it’s at. They flash all they TBH I would not care of it. It’s the action that I am after. That’s why in thee end I think it’s frustrating how some rushes are done and service done here and there but it pales in comparing WHAT I LIKE. So basically it’s for now to like this series SERVICE GTFO! In my head. That’s how I will like this series from now on.

About Himawari’s strategy, most people fail at getting this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_best_defense_is_a_good_offense
Whom is the sole reason of Himawari/Akane fusion and the boots too. There is nothing more to understand of that notion. Himawari/Akane fusion may be the most useful.

About the preview, looks like EVIL HOMURA background check. CHECK! Will watch to find out no problem! Also the petals of the flower are now RED FEATHERS?????? What?????

The crow might be Murasame, the evil demon blade.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 31, 2013 7:26 PM

Feb 2008
sorry little girl..but science does not exist to make people happy.
Jan 31, 2013 7:31 PM

Oct 2010
I will add separate but the ED this time around is the first to feature full nudity of Himawari.

Too bad they did not do the same for the other girls. Waste of service potential there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 31, 2013 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
Oh god Himawari, she's so perfect! Definitely the best character in this series so far.
Jan 31, 2013 8:05 PM

Apr 2009
"Home run"
Lololololollololololololol
Jan 31, 2013 9:09 PM
Oct 2010
couldnt help but see mami with vividyellow :l

and rei next ep with a gun? screams homuhomu -___-
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 31, 2013 9:46 PM

Nov 2012
Himawari has the coolest final attack out the girls.
Jan 31, 2013 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
the yellow girl has both defense and offense, i like it, her weapon is like the funnels in gundam series
Jan 31, 2013 10:15 PM
Sep 2012
Yup. That settles it. Himawari is my favorite ranger. She looked so cute when she transformed and looked even sexier when she turned into vividyellow.

I couldn't help but wonder how exactly did she even know how to use her weapons and how did she even know how to dock in the first place? I guess I have to throw my brain and logic out the window whenever I watch this show.
Jan 31, 2013 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
AiCon said:
I couldn't help but wonder how exactly did she even know how to use her weapons and how did she even know how to dock in the first place? I guess I have to throw my brain and logic out the window whenever I watch this show.

she hacked the database that is where she learn SOME stuff about the Vivid System
Jan 31, 2013 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
Well after that rage inducing episode Kotoura-san released.

This one was much better.
EvilHomu is going to fully appear next episode.
Jan 31, 2013 11:12 PM
Sep 2012
j0x said:
AiCon said:

she hacked the database that is where she learn SOME stuff about the Vivid System
Hacking the database only told her about the Alone and that mysterious girl in red was in the battle. It didn't tell her anything about those girls, what those moves are or how to use them.
IconicJan 31, 2013 11:16 PM
Jan 31, 2013 11:19 PM

Feb 2012
Now that the all 4 avengers have assembled, can't wait to see them fight that bow girl.

I'm waiting the day when all 4 of them will fuse into one girl. :O
Feb 1, 2013 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
Ramkec said:
I'm waiting the day when all 4 of them will fuse into one girl. :O

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Sorry, couldn't help it XD

But this is one of the first things I thought when I saw the very first docking (the first thought was, ofc, "I'd like to dock with Akane too, knowwhatImean nudgenudge winkwink")
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 1, 2013 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
AiCon said:
]Hacking the database only told her about the Alone and that mysterious girl in red was in the battle. It didn't tell her anything about those girls, what those moves are or how to use them.

i knew you someone will counter what i have said but its the only possible clue on how she obtain knowledge about the Vivid System, lets put it this way she might learn the general ideas through hacking but never learn the details like who the girls are or what moves they use, she is a genius afterall and can do MEMORY ASSOCIATIONS on any sci-fi/nerd/geek/genius technology
Feb 1, 2013 12:47 AM
Jun 2008
Himawari@Ganbaranai

I know its a bit weird... but how did Himawari know that animal was Kenjirou 0.0
MorningGloryFeb 1, 2013 1:07 AM
Feb 1, 2013 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
MorningGlory said:
I know its a bit weird... but how did Himawari know that animal was Kenjirou 0.0

well to me my idea about that again is Himawari is a GENIUS, so anything weird that she see can have MEMORY ASSOCIATION on science and technology including popular scientists like Kenjirou

EDIT:

just watched that part again and the sequence goes like this
Kenjirou: Geez and here i even fixed it for you
Akane: Gramps!!!
Himawari: oh so your Dr Isshiki right?

so there is your better answer
degFeb 1, 2013 1:57 AM
Feb 1, 2013 2:02 AM

Oct 2011
So, next episode focuses on Rei? I'm still expecting Momo to be the next one to receive a key (Vivid Pink!), Rei can be the 6th Ranger.

On the topic of Rei. Since the second episode, I've been thinking that she may be one of the "good guys". Maybe the only way to permanently defeat an Alone is to destroy it in this power-up state? This episode's "monster of the week" was seen regenerating, maybe it wasn't just that one's special ability, but rather a common trait of all the Alones? And Rei has actually been helping them all this time?
Feb 1, 2013 2:28 AM

Sep 2012
Woah another fantastic episode.
Damn another fantastic fusion.
I wonder if they'll make a way for all four of them to fuse?
Feb 1, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
damn, I hate my resolution that when I start something, I have to finish it because I would have already dropped it.
Feb 1, 2013 4:43 AM
Aug 2011
Akane and Aoi competing for being best girl.

Yeah, Himawari was cute but I still don't care much about her.

English Word: Home run
Japanese Pronunciation: Homurun ...Homura!?
Mind = Blown

Ass/5
Feb 1, 2013 4:48 AM
Jun 2008
speaking of Homura, Rei does look like Homura and Himawari(transform) look like Mami xD
j0x said:

but its still weird that she suddenly accept an animal as Akane's grandpa so quickly >_<"
MorningGloryFeb 1, 2013 4:52 AM
Feb 1, 2013 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
Vividyellow *___*
Feb 1, 2013 5:30 AM

Oct 2012
finally a girl with ( . Y . ) ? niceeee :)
Feb 1, 2013 5:31 AM

Nov 2012
MorningGlory said:
speaking of Homura, Rei does look like Homura and Himawari(transform) look like Mami xD
j0x said:

but its still weird that she suddenly accept an animal as Akane's grandpa so quickly >_<"

Everything is weird in this anime, don't try to find some logic in both the pacing and the way the characters act!
Gramps turned into an animal? - Yeah, no problem!
Giant robots/whatever start attacking out precious machine, so we just transform using a key and become Super Sayan in the process? - Seems legit!
Sudden urge to start a naked choreography midair during a battle while touching and kissing my 2-hour long "friend" in the forehead and merging our bodies into Super-Chick? - YEEEAH!!
A student is using a remote camera to attend school? - Why the fuck not? I do it all the time!!

I think you get my point :P Just enjoy the show for what it is - hot pants + lolis + some shallow action + lolis + ... lolis in hot pants... + hnnngg!
Feb 1, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
Isshiki = Cool girl
Aoi = Spineless
Saegusa = Tough one
Himawari = NEET
Rei = Evil Mastermind.

Rei is actually a murderer before?
also Isshiki Akane isn`t a loli, she got boobs you know?
Feb 1, 2013 6:08 AM

Aug 2008
After Blue KOS-MOS and Hatsune Miku Sentou ver., now we have Cure Muse.
I approve! She looks FABULOUS!

And now we also have the best marksman who can both shield and bombard.
I think she's too OP, but who cares.
KaitoDashFeb 1, 2013 6:11 AM
Feb 1, 2013 6:12 AM

Oct 2011
Shadowfax14 said:
Everything is weird in this anime, don't try to find some logic in both the pacing and the way the characters act!
You've forgot biggest one including him - you grandpa is dead, what do you do?
Call the doctor?
Bring him to hospital?
Nope, you put him in the fridge. LOGIC SUPREME!

But it was nice episode, better than earlier... ok kind of weird that little girl knows how to fix that big watever-it-is but let it pass for now.

It will be nice to see what's wrong with Rei - she doesn't seem to be bad, she could just attack out pantsu-rangers insted but she does not. So probably some backstory here... docking... and she will be best friend of them.
Feb 1, 2013 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
I think we'll get our last one next ep. Likely will be black or purple. Over all this ep seemed a little rushed, what with a shelterd PC girl becoming BFF's with people she just met. Didn't mind this ep though, I wonder what the next docking form will be. Some sort of ranged combat likely. Make you wonder if there is like a super all girls combined form.
Feb 1, 2013 6:44 AM

Jan 2011
Umm.. Vividyellow is Ranged Combat.
The missing one is the overkill/ultimate/special attack.

The pacing was better than for last week, but I feel it's still lacking. All these single introductions and dual stage transforms are leaving the background unfilled. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

What I want to see is if all four (or 5) can be docked at once, and what form it would be.
Feb 1, 2013 6:45 AM
Jan 2010
Why are animes so bad at understanding hikikomoris? You don't just change overnight like this.

Now we only need homu and the pink ranger (probably the little sister) and we've got them all.
Feb 1, 2013 6:47 AM

Nov 2012
Dalek-baka said:
Shadowfax14 said:
You've forgot biggest one including him - you grandpa is dead, what do you do?
Call the doctor?
Bring him to hospital?
Nope, you put him in the fridge. LOGIC SUPREME!

Hahaha, true! I forgot about that! Two little girls living with a squirrel for Gramps and a fucking CORPSE in the fridge! God, I love anime!

RedArmyShogun said:
Make you wonder if there is like a super all girls combined form.

The Megazord? It would only seem logical. If there isn't one I will be utterly disappointed. Maybe they could dock by doing midair Oral Train..! o.O

(Definition of oral train: Everyone lays on their sides, forming a human circle giving oral pleasure to the person in front of them on the "train".)
Feb 1, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2012
These docking forms are really amazing, in case of design, really like them :3

another hikikomori lured out, well done
Feb 1, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
So we got a total of six rangers:

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, and Pink.

We got four now, and two left.
Feb 1, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2012
This is getting more interesting every episode xD and i find vividyellow cooler than others xD

now i wanna see vividrainbow :3

Mami, she is mami right? xD
Feb 1, 2013 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
"Home run" Okay, that must have been on purpose. +1.

Still bugs me that the girls can't see an enormous arrow being shot into the neuroi, but whatever.

I might have blinked and missed it, but I don't recall any Homura-ass framed scenery this time around. Disappointing. 4/5.
Feb 1, 2013 9:27 AM

Jan 2013
You know, its pretty obvious that archer girl is the black one. Pink is either the sister, or maybe that fighter pilot chick (though highly unlikely)
Feb 1, 2013 11:07 AM
Feb 2012
Vividyellow best vivid fusion so far.

God, I can't believe how random this show can be. But then it throws out stunning visuals and yuri and I'm all over it again. At least I can say that two things are pretty obvious after having watched the first four episodes.
1. Now I know where the funds for Magi went to.
2. Vividred will sell like hotcakes.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 1, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
Himawari is a boss and the best ranger nuff said.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

208 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.