3It was OK
2.9%
2Disliked it
3.6%
1Hated it
8.6%
Average 4.4
280 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2012 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Lucy vs. Flare! Ya! I like her hair ability tbh although..well, not her attitude or personality towards Lucy. I think she needs to be taught a lesson of respect.

It was also nice to see Lucy use Urano Metria again although I lol'd when Gemini came out. That epic spell. Too bad though, match doesn't go as way she wanted. Damn.
Stark700Nov 30, 2012 7:20 PM
Nov 30, 2012 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
I like the way they animated the fight, although her hair attack was a bit repetitive. Next episode is going to be really exciting ~
Nov 30, 2012 7:44 PM

Apr 2009
pathetic cheaters lmfao

lucy is strong tho i been waiting for this
Nov 30, 2012 8:02 PM

May 2010
Lucy! T_T
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 30, 2012 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
i feel sorry for Lucy, but i loved the urano metria! though its clear who the obvious bad guy this time around is.

the first master is funny as always, and the old counsel member dude had a really scary face.

over all good episode, bad ass Lucy, cheating raven tail, and a bit of fan services nothing more u could ask from fairy tail except no cheating raven tail.

also loved the GREAT DETAIL they gave flare
alphastigma117Nov 30, 2012 8:11 PM
Nov 30, 2012 8:15 PM

Dec 2011
I'm so frustrated! I loved the Lucy moment. She was so strong and amazing! Her magic power was way better than the start of the series! She opened two gates! She used Urano Meteria! All my dreams almost came true -.-

And then they ruined it/

Damn Raven Tail. Damn the staff! Can't they let Lucy/Fairy Tail have one glorious moment??
Manga spoiler:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag.
LunaDec 2, 2012 6:50 AM
Nov 30, 2012 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
BLONDIE

BLONDIE!

Flare was creepy, but kinda cool.

It didn't seem right for Lucy to win, but CHEATING AIN'T EAZY.

Raven Tail seems in it just to screw with Fairy Tail.

Jura vs Jellal? Could be a good match.
Nov 30, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2011
Feel sorry for Lucy there.

Jellal is up next.
Nov 30, 2012 8:23 PM

Dec 2009
Such Cheaters i mean i knew that would happen but still why did every body notice eccept the jury and if the know it why dont they do something against it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 8:25 PM

Dec 2009
and is raven tail really soo weak and pathetic to use such cheap tricks
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 8:30 PM

Jan 2011
Man, I loved this whole episode. Lucy was so awesome.

I feel really bad for Lucy. Raven Tail sucks >:( Using cheap tricks to win.
How many amazing anime are out there to be found?
Nov 30, 2012 8:51 PM

May 2010
well thank god the episodes where fairy tail kicks ass are close :D
Nov 30, 2012 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
gggrrrr..so frustrating..then again..at least it really shows that Lucy is on another level compared to that hairy freak!! Cheater!!

weeeehhh!!! natsu was so sweeett..uuuhhhh...:)
Nov 30, 2012 8:58 PM

Jun 2010
Omg flare wasnt even strong. Raven tail hella cheated. Im pretry pissed >:T i loved how natsu saved asuka and the part with gemini. The beginning of the fight was hella epic too! But overall it was ok. I cant wait till next ep and for fairy tail to win!

Oh and lucy was so strong! <3
natsu x lucy!
~MoChiQuacHiE~♥
Nov 30, 2012 9:09 PM
Aug 2011
.....Guys, Fairy Tail is cheating too. Sup "Mystogan"

Other than that, my favourite Lucy battle thus far.

-2 Gates + Combo Attack
-Fleuve d'Etoile (Damn, those girls were flying around when Hair vs Weapon collided)
-Uranometria

5/5 - Another reference to Zentopia-Arc

Next Week: JellalMystogan VS JelaJura

Nov 30, 2012 9:20 PM
Jan 2011
Once again the Anime knows to spend their budgets properly on the right scene like Lucy's Urano Metria, sick OST also, I'm having eargasm here.

And here we come one of the best fights in this arc, those bastards hide all of Jellal spells, though I guess that would make next ep become more surprising.
Nov 30, 2012 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
Fucking flare and raven tail arrgh :@ looking forward how much jellal improved.
-Envy-Dec 4, 2012 4:31 AM
Nov 30, 2012 9:29 PM

Jun 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Other than that, my favourite Lucy battle thus far.

-2 Gates + Combo Attack
-Fleuve d'Etoile (Damn, those girls were flying around when Hair vs Weapon collided)
-Uranometria

5/5 - Another reference to Zentopia-Arc

Next Week: JellalMystogan VS JelaJura

Well it's for a good reason. Cpuldjt they like report like asuka incident? Well ivgyess it makes it exciting and pumps us up! Haha

Oh an everyone forgot zeraf!
~MoChiQuacHiE~♥
Nov 30, 2012 9:59 PM

Nov 2012
I never post on Fairy Tail discussion forms and to be honest, lately I've been thinking about giving up the anime because of the repetitiveness of the plot sequence and how it advances each sub-adventure yet there is always a lack in development of any relationships or built upon realistic emotions to relate to. But this episode was rather evolved in some aspects, and therefore deserves a review.

Firstly, I like the new evolved magic techniques, even though it's rather unrealistic that she improved that much with only a day on her hands and a little bit of Ultear's painful-magic-capacity-increasing trick. However, the fight was awesome enough to set me on edge and seeing that Flare's a rather impulsive, pathetic, despicable character with a magic level that turned out to be a notch below Lucy's, the result of the battle was hard to guess. The level of suspense put in was nice, yet at the same time everything was moving fast and progressing nicely.

Secondly, although I rolled my eyes when Lucy stopped attacking because Asuka could be attacked (cause even though it's a 'noble' act and all, if Asuka was attacked, then everyone would have known it was Flare and she would have been disqualified. Plus, the other members were all beside her so they could've gotten Flare's hair off of her in no time), it was mostly made up for when Natsu realizes what's going on and cheers Lucy on afterwards. I just hope the next episode doesn't become ridiculous and Flare's threat doesn't go 'unnoticed' or something. I'd understand if that Obran guy's dispelling of Lucy's attack slips by but if Flare doesn't get cut out, I'm going to be severely disappointing. Just because you want to make everything chaotic and unexpected so you satisfy the audience's sense of surprise, it gets old pretty fast. Rather, it's more admirable if you have a solid foundation and certain laws of nature or whatever that are enforced always yet you still manage to make the next episode thrilling and unique as the last.

Thirdly, Lucy's honest frustration at the end is easy to relate to and sympathize with. It's raw and even made into a special moment when it progresses the depth of Natsu and Lucy's relationship.This is what should be focused on as well, alongside Erza and Jellal's relationship (however, that would kind of become too much, seeing how there's also the Juvia, Gray, and Leon love triangle going on, so the whole love fest thing will really anger everyone..) so I suggest that they progress a relationship per arc. This arc they should decide to either focus on Erza with Jellal or Natsu with Lucy (perhaps the latter would be a better choice, since it's been put off so long and Jellal just came along, we're not too sure how to feel about him yet).

Alongside the progression of one of the two serious relationships above, they could pop in the love triangle as comic relief if they want but either way, fans will be doubly pleased by not only the new action (which should include strategic planning by now, maybe something unexpected like Natsu calmly defeating an opponent with a good battle plan and then going all spitfire on him) but also the actual, real, long awaited development in the emotional relationships between the characters.

And really, it's been over 8-9 years that they've spent together. It's about time they get a move on it! Especially since Natsu's new attitude and maturity and actual (perhaps unconscious) consideration of Lucy's choices and feelings are now developed and amazingly refreshing! Can't wait for the next episode, and hoping to see a new take on the anime soon :)
SpiraiNov 30, 2012 10:09 PM
Nov 30, 2012 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
I was right about Urano Metoria but I didn't expect it to end that way T__T

Oh well Jellal next! This should be an amazing fight but I'm expecting another lose. Jura is the only strong one in Lamia, he can't afford to lose or Lamia will become a joke.
Nov 30, 2012 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
I want Raven Tail DEAD
Nov 30, 2012 10:24 PM
Jan 2011
LanceC said:
I was right about Urano Metoria but I didn't expect it to end that way T__T

Oh well Jellal next! This should be an amazing fight but I'm expecting another lose. Jura is the only strong one in Lamia, he can't afford to lose or Lamia will become a joke.

Some hints:

Now let your imagination flies.
Nov 30, 2012 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
Talukita said:

Some hints:

Lyon is only as strong as Gray, and Gray is barely on the top 10 of Fairy Tail. Unless you mean Chelia? She's the only one worth suspecting as she's a new char and the other 2 are fodders

Anyway poor Lucy, she would have won even without Urano Metoria.
Nov 30, 2012 10:39 PM
Jan 2011
LanceC said:
Talukita said:

Some hints:

Lyon is only as strong as Gray, and Gray is barely on the top 10 of Fairy Tail. Unless you mean Chelia? She's the only one worth suspecting as she's a new char and the other 2 are fodders

Anyway poor Lucy, she would have won even without Urano Metoria.

I have read the Manga, and yes Lyon is actually strong, Chelia also.
Nov 30, 2012 11:46 PM

Nov 2011
Please A-1 dont mess up next weeks fight, make it as epic as i pictured the manga.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 30, 2012 11:48 PM

Jun 2008
Man, I love Flare's craziness. She really brings out the sadist in me. She's the kind of character I want to see more of so I can see her get beaten down.
Dec 1, 2012 1:07 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah, This is the biggest bullshit Mashima did in the Manga. Lucy was so powerful and he let him lost. I bet Lucy could beat Jura in a one on one battle if she got serious. Anyways, next is Jellal vs Jura right? More rage inc.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR LAXUS BATTLE. FUCK YEAH!
Dec 1, 2012 1:30 AM

Jun 2012
I usually prefer the manga to the anime of FT but this was one of the few episodes I can say the anime version was better than the manga at stirring my emotions( or at least trying to :P). The end especially got me when Natsu tried to cheer Lucy up with the transition to the somber ending. I forgot Lucy says Natsu's catchphrase also
Dec 1, 2012 2:01 AM

Jan 2011
good job Lucy taking your lumps like a good *Blondie~*
Dec 1, 2012 2:06 AM

Oct 2010
Flare was awesome. Sadistic and crazy female in this show is a welcome edition. And dirty cheating against a hax power-up, so it's all fair.

Next up, Jellal. Oh, how I wished it was a real Mystogan. :/
Dec 1, 2012 2:14 AM

May 2010
I am starting to hate this.....Just when Lucy started to become better they made her lose....I am so mad that I want to drop this anime...She could do Urano Metoria too.She was so cool & then she lost.Why couldn't it be Natsu or Erza in place of Lucy.

This show starts to do this kind of things when Lucy starts to shine but when someone like Natsu comes,he always wins..& steal all the effort of others.This is unfair,so unfair...
Dec 1, 2012 2:21 AM

Jan 2012
This is becoming ridiculous.

Dec 1, 2012 2:44 AM

Apr 2011
I feel Lucy overdid it with Urano Metria, but the results might of been the same, even if she went with a different attack. Urano Metria needs to be done with a ally, because Flare could of or shall I say, she should of attack Lucy during her spell chanting.

Jura and the others notice the cheating, but no one would believe them anyways.

Lastly, people who say Asuka should be attacked and be reported, are either shelter or lack compassion for others. It might be fine and dandy to risk a child life in an anime, but if you put in real life perspectives, I have to side with Lucy resolve.
Dec 1, 2012 2:56 AM

Jan 2008
Can't wait for the moment Raven Tail gets it, gonna be so epic :)
Dec 1, 2012 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
vansonbee said:
I feel Lucy overdid it with Urano Metria, but the results might of been the same, even if she went with a different attack. Urano Metria needs to be done with a ally, because Flare could of or shall I say, she should of attack Lucy during her spell chanting.

Jura and the others notice the cheating, but no one would believe them anyways.

Lucy would have won with or without Urano Metoria, she had the upperhand the first half just by using her spirits.
Dec 1, 2012 3:24 AM

Aug 2011
Lol at all those people being mad with Lucy losing (and considering to drop it). Grow up.

Personally I thought it was very interesting. The age old dilemma with battles between powered up protagonist and a new, strong group of antagonists. They handled it very nicely. Lucy obviously had the upper hand, and could have won. The antagonists however were shown to be truly evil, and won because of that. In other words, the strength of the antagonist doesn't lie in raw power alone, but also in their lack of human morals.

I have mistaken myself in the potential of this arc. I thought it would be a very uninteresting and unoriginal one, but it has surprised me every episode so far.

Although, about the Asuka part. Couldn't she just use Cancer to cut through the hair threatening Asuka? And maybe use that water spirit to use water on Asuka in case of some burn wounds.
StrawDec 1, 2012 3:28 AM
Dec 1, 2012 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

that's kinda small what Raven Tail is doing...
PS. i see some kind of Deus ex machina happening favoring Fairy Tail, some point of this arc(kinda obvious,since Raven Tail is mopping the arena floor with (least) A-team)
OnbuuDec 1, 2012 3:35 AM
Dec 1, 2012 3:30 AM

Apr 2008
LordStraw said:
Lol at all those people being mad with Lucy losing (and considering to drop it). Grow up.

Personally I thought it was very interesting. The age old dilemma with battles between powered up protagonist and a new, strong group of antagonists. They handled it very nicely. Lucy obviously had the upper hand, and could have won. The antagonists however were shown to be truly evil, and won because of that. In other words, the strength of the antagonist doesn't lie in raw power alone, but also in their lack of human morals.

I have mistaken myself in the potential of this arc. I thought it would be a very uninteresting and unoriginal one, but it has surprised me every episode so far.

Although, about the Asuka part. Couldn't she just use Cancer to cut through the hair threatening Asuka? And maybe use that water spirit to use water on Asuka in case of some burn wounds.

No water in the arena and Lucy was already restrained when the threat was revealed so it would only take a thought for Flare to attack Asuka
Dec 1, 2012 3:47 AM
Jan 2011
People should calm down and appreciate these moments until FT wrecks face and becomes unstoppable later. This is just a typical set up to make things interesting in the begin. Though I can understand the pain that this always happens to Lucy/Gray/other characters but not Natsu and Erza, but they are like Mashima's son and daughter so....
Dec 1, 2012 4:32 AM

Oct 2012
great episode, 5/5 like fairy tail always gets from me. if there was a poll, i would've already voted 5/5 for the next weeks as well, and i didn't even read the manga to know it's going to be awesome.

lucy is great, feel bad for her
natsu is epic
finally heard about zeref...

the next episode will be great... 2 of the 10 wizard saints... Jellal/Mystogan vs Jura
Dec 1, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2009
I really hate Raven Tail- Lucy's last attack looked epic!
Dec 1, 2012 5:40 AM
Mar 2012
I really liked this episode. When I found out last week that Lucy was fighting, I thought that it would've been a boring fight but this episode proved me wrong. Lucy was really strong in that she summoned two spirits simultaneously, did a combo attack and tried to use the Urano Metria again. I was really devastated when that damn Raven Tail cheated and Lucy ended up losing. Damn Cheaters! That's why I can't wait to see the episode when Fairy Tail beats Raven Tail's ass.
Dec 1, 2012 5:42 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man, Raven Tail is playing dirty.

Great episode, lol'd @ Ichiya and the Rabit dude haha, next week's episode is going to be good good.
Dec 1, 2012 6:03 AM

Oct 2011
Really nice episode, Lucy put up a good fight.. Too bad though that too less people noticed the cheating. The guy in the commitee seems to be angered by the cheating but probably doesn't have enough proof for it, so let's see how long it will take until they get caught.

The fight I'm really looking forward to is Natsu's fight (or does he maybe fight more than once?), hope we can see it soon.. He should kick someone from Raven Tail's ass before destroying that Sting bitch from Sabertooth. :o
Dec 1, 2012 6:11 AM

May 2008
This episode was so emotional especially when lucy cried . Wonder what Gray is doing now though .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 1, 2012 6:25 AM

Jun 2008
grrrr... this infuriates me. People know that Raven Tail cheated. Even the old guy announcer could tell.
Dec 1, 2012 6:40 AM

Jun 2012
i like flare cause she was a little creepy but i completly hate Raven Tail now. I so much wished for Yajima (the old guy) to go down to Raven Tail and beat them up or at least reveal the cheating and yell/scold them so much that they end up crying. either way that guy's definitly going in my favorite character list right now :D
Dec 1, 2012 6:54 AM

Dec 2011
Cannot wait for the turnaround FT will do in the future.
Yeah! Mystogan (Jellal) vs. Jura!!! This is going to be awesome!
Dec 1, 2012 7:23 AM

May 2010
Raven Tail is so dirty, Low down SOB.
Dec 1, 2012 8:33 AM
Nov 2012
Does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the episode??
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What were that group in the weird clothes like

Remocracy - Jun 7

5 by Owlblocks »»
Yesterday, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2013

142 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

139 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

111 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

117 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.