3It was OK
9.9%
2Disliked it
2.3%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.3
1,504 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, that Hajime guy is not someone to mess with. Easygoing yet deadly when fighting.

Outside of the fighting drama, glad to see Haruka and the others get some break and eating together. Hajime is so fun to watch in this anime with that personality of his though. Please give him more screen time. He also seems knowledge about some of the groups in their community.
Apr 25, 9:21 AM

Dec 2021
Lmao, Umemiya's really nice, considering how tough he seems.

The Shishitorean, known for their unwavering belief in "power," sport their trademark orange Skajan jacket that marks their territory next to Bofurin. They stir up trouble to shield the town's middle schoolers from Shishitorean. Meanwhile, Sakura, receives a war declaration from Togame.

When Sakura informs Umemiya about the encounter with Touma Hiiragi, one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Bofurin, instead of reprimanding him, Umemiya thanks Sakura for safeguarding his family. Amidst Sakura's confusion, an unfamiliar voice, Choji Tomiyama, greets them in the schoolyard, adding to the intrigue.

It's war between Bofurin and Shishitorean!

Apr 25, 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
Kotoha had a nice little moment in the episode near the end and the visuals are good, but the actual stuff that is taking place admittedly is getting more and more dull with each passing episode, and the antagonists, Shishitoren, from here don't help one bit with being as generic and bland as possible for a delinquent series, including the seemingly tragic head himself, Choji.
Apr 25, 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
I just love Toma's leather pants.
Apr 25, 11:17 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the stage is set for the clash between Bofurin and Shishitorean in a 5 on 5 fight. Can't wait to see the brawl next week.
Apr 25, 11:30 AM

May 2021
Can we please get a fan-cut of the show where Nirei is removed completely from the show. He's constantly screaming and moaning and moaning while screaming. You are not invited anywhere stop acting as if it's your ass on the line. God damn it this show is ruined because of him. Am barely able to watch scenes with him in it and they shove him in so often. His overractions are not funny, they are annoying.

And of course he had to go with them to rival gang's territory. We don't want an episode without him screaming and overreacting. Even though he's not invited nor is fighting.
Apr 25, 12:00 PM

Jun 2023
Another very good and funny episode, it's well adapted.
Umemiya is introduced. Normally he's funny and nice, but can become a serious fighter!
I'm looking forward to the 5-5 Battle against Lion's Den.
ForphyApr 25, 12:03 PM
Apr 25, 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
Keep your canned spinach Popeye, Umemiya took it to the next level.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 1:04 PM
Sep 2023
I also thought Kotoha was older than Sakura😅
Apr 25, 1:19 PM

Apr 2023
Sakura's way of coping with people treating him kindly is so cute, I hope he'll get more used to it soon though. Not sure why Nirei is tagging along but I'm very curious about the fights, especially Suo's!
Apr 25, 1:31 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah that's Gojou alright lol. Carefree yet reliable and Yuuichi Nakamura, no denying it. Gonna love this guy.

They went for a five persone one on one instead of a all out brawl, cool. Hyped for it.

So Umemiya is like a brother figure after all. Who's that black hair guy Kotoha's looking at at the ED visual then? Interestingly Umemiya had a sticker on the back of his phone with three people. One was Umemiya himself, other one looked like Kotoha with glasses? And the final guy had black hair. I'm guessing he's the one in the ED visual. He dead?

Also please don't give me hope for Kotoha x Sakura only for it to not happen. I'd rather there's nothing at all than a heartbreak. Though with the age reveal that she's same age as him there's more hope I think and I just love how things are building up for them like in this episode when Sakura had a very positive reaction after hearing about Kotoha past and she looked happy about it. Btw I had a feeling she wasn't that older but definitely wasn't expecting her to be same age as Sakura lol.
Apr 25, 1:55 PM
Nov 2023
A little disappointing, episode 4 is entitled "clash" but, throughout this episode, there are no fight scenes, it's even too "cute" for a delinquent school story with a fight.For now, this episode is the worst episode, the intensity that was built at the beginning due to territorial friction was actually resolved with the dialogue "5 vs 5 fight".. 😒
Apr 25, 2:27 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to animejas
Kotoha had a nice little moment in the episode near the end and the visuals are good, but the actual stuff that is taking place admittedly is getting more and more dull with each passing episode, and the antagonists, Shishitoren, from here don't help one bit with being as generic and bland as possible for a delinquent series, including the seemingly tragic head himself, Choji.
@animejas I do kind of agree with that. It's a delinquent anime, I'm here for the hands. I was fine with episode 2 having none to cool down, but the one in 3 wasn't as cool as I thought, being short and not as crisp looking as the episode 1 brawl, and this one while fun for characters was just more talking. But I have faith that next week and the ones following will deliver on more of what episode 1 offered.

Also I get your point about Shishitoren, they're far from unique, but I still like them, they're fun enough for me to like them, at least decently, mainly Togame
Apr 25, 3:06 PM
Sep 2021
5 1v1's? damn we're getting blessed.

probably a few of bofurrin will lose since there are 5 fights, or bofurrin dominate shishitoren

either way umemiya will win for sure and sakura will either lose for character development (which's is unlikely) or win so that he can show his strenght to the rest of bofurrin.

this serie really is one of the best one this season, definitely will rememeber this one.
Apr 25, 3:20 PM
Sep 2022
The_W3za_Man said:
@animejas I do kind of agree with that. It's a delinquent anime, I'm here for the hands. I was fine with episode 2 having none to cool down, but the one in 3 wasn't as cool as I thought, being short and not as crisp looking as the episode 1 brawl, and this one while fun for characters was just more talking. But I have faith that next week and the ones following will deliver on more of what episode 1 offered.

Also I get your point about Shishitoren, they're far from unique, but I still like them, they're fun enough for me to like them, at least decently, mainly Togame

yeah it for sure has a delinquent themed slice of life vibe rather than a fighting anime but it is still semi enjoyable as such
Apr 25, 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
I already love the dynamics between Sakura and Kotoha <3
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

May 2019
So this turned into a calm before the storm-type episode with Sakura learning there's more to fighting than just to fight. Also I wonder if there's something brewing between Kotoha and Sakura since he seemed a bit concerned thinking that Umemiya was her boyfriend.

Anyway, the leader of the rival group appears to like fighting like Sakura but I'll be rooting for Umemiya since I think he's an overall better person.
Apr 25, 3:44 PM
Oct 2016
The conflict with Shishitoren has been setup beautifully! We had last episode our boys interfering with some of those guys, leading to this confrontation between the top dogs. The rooftop meeting with Umemiya was very laidback in comparison. He just wants to grow his vegetables but then also has to deal with being the leader of this group. Umemiya would probably be most happy living in the countryside as a farmer. However that doesn't seem to be the lot he was dealt in life, considering he grew up in a group home which would've made him much harder than a farmer's life. Sakura being put at ease by Umemiya the same way all the other guys were during his speech was very sweet. Sakura is seeing true leadership before his eyes from Umemiya, someone he can look up to instead of just wanting to beat up. All of these good vibes distributed by none other than the leader of Shishitoren strolling up to have a one on one with Umemiya. Naturally in front of the Bofurin school this wouldn't jive but it was an interesting scene. We could see the rivalries forming before the fights even begin. Lots of individuals sending word jabs at each other through the crowd. I'm so excited to see these five one on one fights between Bofurin and Shishitoren. They've both got some cool people on each side.
Apr 25, 4:12 PM
Jul 2021
One-on-ones are lined up. Looks like a hype next episode
Apr 25, 4:53 PM

Mar 2021
Say what you will about Ume's veggies, but it's kinda symbolic how the leader of Bofurin—the guy cultivating a generation of Good Samaritans and growing a new moral code for delinquents—is an actual gardener. Also, if Sakura is already this strong without eating properly, imagine how OP he'd be if he also ate his veggies. XD

And tbf, I also thought Kotoha was in her early 20s. Turns out she's young enough to actually be able to call Ume "onii-san", not that she would. ^^
Apr 25, 5:10 PM
Oct 2019
cool episode, but that Kotoha is 16 excites me for a little romance with the MC, I really want to see the two of them together, and this fight, it's very good in the manga, I hope the director manages to convey this in the episodes
Apr 25, 5:53 PM
Jun 2014
why was I so bored with this episode?
Apr 25, 5:55 PM

Jul 2021
MeanEYE said:
Can we please get a fan-cut of the show where Nirei is removed completely from the show. He's constantly screaming and moaning and moaning while screaming.

Yeah, I didn't mind him that much in the previous episodes, but he's really starting to grate. He was introduced as this goofball who's weak but still serious about helping the town, then once he arrived at school he went full Zenitsu from Demon Slayer. At the moment the biggest negative of the show for me as well.

Still a good episode for me, with good character moments. The next episode's 5-v-5 will make-or-break the show, I think. But I'm pretty optimistic after CloverWorks delivered in Episode 1.
Apr 25, 6:11 PM
Mar 2019
Prelude to a brawl. I like how this is not just a chaotic set-up, but a meeting of the minds. This is sort of like an old school jousting match. Love it.
Apr 25, 6:12 PM

Oct 2019
Anyone know the name/artist of the insert song near the end of the episode? Not sleeping until I figure this out >.<
Apr 25, 6:33 PM

Apr 2022
welp this seems to be getting more boring by the episode but clash soon. lil dudes annoying though.
Apr 25, 6:42 PM

Oct 2022
Damn, so this is how the world looks like when teenagers are in control and not the other way around. Also, no way Kotoha is 16, she is 26 at most, that definitely threw me for a loop. Good episode.

Apr 25, 7:44 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah so the next episode will be the big brawl between Boufrin and Lions head. Looking forward to it. This show is much needed and it’s great to have in the spring line up especially as the score is getting better really appreciate that as well.
Apr 25, 7:45 PM
Apr 2018
So now they're gonna fight as a team!
Sakura will fight with number 2 of shishitoren.
Apr 25, 8:35 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, I really like Umemiya... he's the typical strong, kind, inspiring, etc character and he's also the typical character they know how to eliminate haha but at the moment the anime doesn't bring these things out.

Interesting that the Shishitoren wasn't like the one we see now, everything changed with the current leader and sub-leader.

Interesting fights coming up, from a small flashback of Hiragi it seems he was training or helping in the training of the other person who challenged him
Now we know why Kotoha's restaurant is so visited haha
Apr 25, 8:38 PM

Dec 2022
I like rabbit-themed characters, and boy did they bunny him up my goodness lol
Apr 25, 8:38 PM
Jun 2022
Dammm its getting interesting cant wait whats gonna happen in next episode
Apr 25, 8:59 PM
Nov 2019
bentrokan dengan kubu orange
My Candies :
Apr 25, 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Rom-Com_lover
I also thought Kotoha was older than Sakura😅
@Rom-Com_lover

Is disapointing really. I was hoping she would be the older sister of Umemiya and simply act as a mentor/helper. Can't help but feel they are goin to shoehorn in some romance.
Apr 25, 9:49 PM

Jun 2023
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Apr 26, 12:06 AM
Jan 2024
did anyone else feel yellow sunglasses is kinda manipulating a instigating all of shishitoren?? i felt like that. it's like he's pushing them to fight. also umemiya is so cute! I thought umemiya and Tachibana are a couple. so that means Sakura ajd Tachibana will be a thing, but if I'm being honest, sue looks more like an elder sister to Sakura.
Apr 26, 12:14 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Vindicater
@Rom-Com_lover

Is disapointing really. I was hoping she would be the older sister of Umemiya and simply act as a mentor/helper. Can't help but feel they are goin to shoehorn in some romance.
@Vindicater It’s good though.I think Kotoha x Sakura would be a good match🙂
Apr 26, 1:30 AM

Jun 2019
We got to see more of Umemiya and how many of them relies heavily on him. He's a nice guy. Also, teasing Kotoha is the best. LOL. Can't wait to see the fight between them next week.
Apr 26, 2:12 AM

Oct 2020
Shishiltorean's leader is really something else, Umemiya is a "nice" guy inside.
Apr 26, 4:18 AM

Nov 2020
The white-haired leader has a strange face, his crooked eyes are funny xD overall, he didn't impress me, the characters only talk about how great he is, but after the way he presented himself in this episode, I don't feel it. I'm disappointed that some retarded kid is the leader of the bad guys, I don't feel any threat from them at all. So we have a tournament, otherwise xD I hope it will end in the next episode and they will give some better opponents.
3/5
Apr 26, 4:48 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

we are ready for the fight
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 5:41 AM
Jan 2019
I rly like it when the intro plays at min 5, when I'm already knee deep in food
Apr 26, 6:03 AM

Jul 2017
Buforin's famed leader Hajime Umemiya, the Gojo Satoru character is every bit just as ingrained as he is.

Getting into Shishitoren turf is a bad call for Sasaki, but Hajime knows it's for the best..and proceeds to continue joking around. And when he gets serious, he comforts Haruka like a big brother, the feeling edging from someone with authority. A pipsqueak like Choji Tomiyama as Shishitoren's leader coming straight to Bofurin's doors dragging Kaji, he's also serious for real.

The violence in Haruka wanting to get physical against Choji, but senses an even stronger spirit through Hajime, once he changes into the fighting spirit which Choji continues mimicking at him, if it's a fight against leaders, everyone else follows along with 2nd-in-command Jo Togame. And of course, being on Bofurin territory, the leaders wanting to duke it out, with everyone else wanting to go brawling on one-on-one fights, and Sako Uoya against Hiragi, it's a fight to the death.

Despite Nirei feeling like he's the weakest, everyone else is pumped, and the roundup gathering place at Kotoha's café, she's a fan favorite of Bofurin, that's for sure. But to go against a gang that feeds on pure strength for power, Tomiyama is at the heart of the matter, and to learn it, it's through the fist fights. Seriously, Haruka just can't stop being a tsundere delinquent lols.

With the gang of 6, Haruka steps into Shishitoren territory for the first time, and let the brawl begin.
Apr 26, 7:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oops brawl already declare with the next-door turf gang within this episode. Really not expecting this fast clash, but welp, a thirst-of-fight people seems to like that fast approach. So yeah enough with the quick introduction of our 'Gojo' senpai, and his off like of veggies, then wait a minute, damn. What the fuck with those Kotoha age revelation. Same age? Absolutely unexpected. Ship sailed? Lol okay author, you get it right. But yeah once again, enough of that little talk, let's have some fun communicating with fist, shall we? Then Sakura debut as a bofurin as well....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 26, 9:29 AM
Apr 2024
5 1v1s.
I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 26, 10:18 AM

May 2021
Reply to perseii
MeanEYE said:
Can we please get a fan-cut of the show where Nirei is removed completely from the show. He's constantly screaming and moaning and moaning while screaming.

Yeah, I didn't mind him that much in the previous episodes, but he's really starting to grate. He was introduced as this goofball who's weak but still serious about helping the town, then once he arrived at school he went full Zenitsu from Demon Slayer. At the moment the biggest negative of the show for me as well.

Still a good episode for me, with good character moments. The next episode's 5-v-5 will make-or-break the show, I think. But I'm pretty optimistic after CloverWorks delivered in Episode 1.
@perseii it was a great episode otherwise but damn that screaming is annoying. Oh, also, 5v5... but mr. cant-shut-up is also there. Of course he is. Also I completely pushed out Zenitsu from my memory.
Apr 26, 11:58 AM

Dec 2020
I just don't want Umemiya to be another Mikey plz
Apr 26, 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
Damn those guys leader knows whats up, we want fights and we getting it lmao

Cant actually wait for the next ep
Apr 26, 7:32 PM
Jan 2023
Super fun and intresting new characters!!
Apr 26, 9:02 PM
May 2017
whole lotta yawn, i get this was supposed to be a build up episode but it failed to raise any stakes. There isn't any sense of danger nor concern when it comes to this villain group. The top 2 don't feel too threatening. We'll see what happens

2.5/5
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

90 by smoodflamez »»
Sep 23, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 30

150 by Celestial-Honami »»
Sep 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

247 by NovaMagic »»
Sep 13, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27

156 by theblur »»
Sep 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

78 by Ashhk »»
Aug 31, 12:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.