3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.5
4,166 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2023 8:23 AM

Jun 2019
Ui Ui's devotion towards Mei Mei is commendable and he's even ready to die for her sake. But, Mei Mei's way too majestic to let something like that happen. She's too strong. Nanami and the others' fight was excellent as well. Little Dagon was way too cute until he wasn't. LOL. Old Man, Naobito's technique is one of my favorites and the way his CT was presented was nice. They even showed the production material for it. So cool.

Dagon's DE was problematic but they managed to hold their own in there somehow. Maki and Megumi's duo was awesome and super cool Nanami once again. And, the moment many were waiting for. Toji entered the battle. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 26, 2023 8:23 AM

May 2020
It was a good choice when we didn’t have sudden transitions to Mei Mei’s fight in the midst of Itadori and Choso’s fight, because imo her solo match against that smallpox special curse deserves an uninterrupted sequence on its own.

Though by the way, that didn’t last much longer too lol. I mean she figured whatever that special curse was letting her go through in an instant, with a repeated back and forth from inside the coffin to the outside. And it was then, when she asked her shouta brother, “if he’s willing to put his life on line for his sister”, and of course the kid answered enthusiastically… he countered the domain, and Mei Mei put an end to the curse.

Putting the specifics of bird manipulation aside, since Mei Mei and her brother defeated the curse, we’d have their main match against Geto in a while… but that’s for later, as for now we had the unlikely trio of Maki, Nanami and Zenin old man, who’s voiced by Nakata Jouji facing that octopus Shikigami. Though the fight was as fast furious as it could’ve been, because I mean we literally had someone who was talking about fps this and fps that while fighting but the main thing was… the domain expansion.

A genuine beach fight, where Maki finally got a chance to shine as well, coordinated with Megumi’s timely arrival and Nanami’s usual badassness, but the cliffhanger took the cake… with Toji appearing out of fucking nowhere… again lol.
Oct 26, 2023 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Man Mei Mei is such a badass

Confronting a special grade cursed spirit summoned by someone wearing the skin of Geto, Mei Mei and Ui Ui face the threat. Mei Mei calmly analyzes the situation and devises a plan with Ui Ui. Meanwhile, Nanami, who has defeated the cursed spirit on the other side, reunites with Maki and Naobito, only to encounter a cursed spirit with unpredictable abilities. Naobito activates his technique and launches a swift attack.

The animation quality is outstanding, and it's amazing to see Dagoat in action too. I'm eagerly anticipating his later form. The display of Projection Sorcery on screen was a fantastic sight. It's my favorite CT, and I can't believe it's finally animated. Everyone looks fantastic in this episode. It's an awesome episode with standout moments from Mei Mei, Naobito's Projection Sorcery, and Dagon's Domain Expansion and original form. And we can’t forget about HIM!

TO THE ONE WHO LEFT IT ALL BEHIND AND HIS OVERWHELMING INTENSITY!

Oct 26, 2023 8:38 AM

Nov 2019
It's a shame they decided to pay all the attention to Yuji vs Choso episode. In the manga it was the Dagon fight that made my jaw drop and realise that the Shibuya Incident is special. I felt goosebumps when I saw Death Swarm for the first time, but this episode felt like it had 12 fps lol. Skeletons looked weird and there were a lot of times when a moment of impact was skipped. I understand that they are saving for high-priority episodes, but it was an important one for me. I liked the LSD colors tho.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Oct 26, 2023 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad they shuffled some things around and did the Mei Mei fight here, instead of doing it how the manga did it where it randomly cut away from Yuji vs Choso to show this before going back to that fight. Kind of like how the anime showed Yuji vs Grasshopper first so they wouldn't have to cut away from Gojo vs Jogo and Hanami to show it before going back to Gojo.

Dagon is here and takes on Nanami, Maki, and Naobito, and I like how they conveyed Naobito's CT here. It's always nice to have an accompanying illustration to follow while hearing the verbal explanation. I'm glad they did that since Naobito's technique is definitely one of the more unique ones in the series that caught my attention right away. Nanami, Maki, and Naobito are all strong in their own right, but Dagon is no pushover as he gave them a good challenge. Things only got trickier once he pulled out the Domain Expansion, but Megumi made a timely appearance to counter it (and give Maki a buff with that weapon).

But now, the moment I've been waiting for. Just when they thought they'd escape Dagon's DE through the opening created by Megumi, the boy himself, my GOAT, Toji fucking Zenin, comes through the opening looking like the maniacal badass he is. My only gripe is that they excluded the narration that was present during that part in the manga. I won't have a kneejerk reaction to that just yet, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that they'll include it at the start of the next episode, even though it fits way better as an end-of-episode cliffhanger. Time for us to bear witness to his overwhelming intensity!
thebrentinator24Oct 26, 2023 9:33 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 26, 2023 9:34 AM
Jan 2012
Good episode, I just don’t get why they didn’t say they lines when Toji came out of the hole lmao

Also, mappa better take a month break or something, it’s shameful how they’re giving the animators this schedule
ZeroAnimeOct 26, 2023 10:29 AM
Oct 26, 2023 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
4:44 While this technique is pronounced as "Bird Strike" it's written as 神風 (kamikaze)
Dagon! He's been here since the start, good to see him finally do something. (He was born from the fear of water-based natural disasters btw)
Naobito's technique is amazing lmao. All of them are so unique.
Oh, it's the beach that the curse gang uses often!
IT'S TOJI AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WHAT A CLIFFHANGER
Epic episode again‎
EmbientOct 26, 2023 9:43 AM
Oct 26, 2023 9:41 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to ZeroAnime
Good episode, I just don’t get why they didn’t say they lines when Toji came out of the hole lmao

Also, mappa better take a month break or something, it’s shameful how they’re giving the animators this schedule
@ZeroAnime they'll say it next episode maybe
Oct 26, 2023 9:49 AM
Dec 2019
No overwhelming intensity? Hopefully it's in the beginning of the next episode, that is one of my favorite lines in the entire show

Amazing ep though per usual
Oct 26, 2023 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
Here comes Touji and he's going to wreck everything up 💪💪

Mf is going to tear shit up cause atm, he's probably the strongest of the human in Shibuya with Sukuna not active yet, Gojo sealed, and fake Geto not actually being an actual human or at least a normal one anyway. Not that Touji is normal either lol
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 26, 2023 10:05 AM

Jul 2011
Find someone that is just happy to included, if dont like to owe someone a favor.

Mappa animators talking about their work to their family/friends, is the conversation between Naobito and Dagon.
Oct 26, 2023 10:06 AM

Aug 2023
I have heard that Madhouse has already finished about 14 episodes of Frieren before it even begun airing,so why can't mappa do that, i mean that's how you do anticipated show/season with good production and quality and this was the Most anticipated show of the year maybe even in all Anime but i guess mappa prefer quantity over quality.

I guess it is what it is 😔
Oct 26, 2023 10:07 AM

Jul 2012
Toji popping out of nowhere with a grin was unexpected. He looks like the happiest person in the world while everyone's fighting for their lives 😆
Oct 26, 2023 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
As bad as the grasshopper episode in every aspect. Animation, directing, storyboarding, etc. Jesus Christ.
The Mei Mei part was adapted really well though. Solely the fault of the MAPPA suits who decided to rush it and blind fanboys like @psykixk and @Pyxyty licking their shoes.
NycroOct 26, 2023 10:23 AM
Oct 26, 2023 10:19 AM

Jun 2020
New episode yay~ 🎉
Mei Mei being such a badass!!
Ui Ui is surprisingly skilled! Being able to counter domains… as expected someone related to Mei Mei!
They’re face to face with the final boss!! Ahhh it’s getting nerve-wracking!
The more enemies we fight, the more tired we get and only the really strong ones remain 😖

Cute octopus became Chtulu after his friend died!!! 😱
Naobito proving again that old men in anime are simply amazing. Also his technique is surprisingly modern and complex… Cool explanation too! Though if I was born with a technique like this, I would probably never use it! 😅 Like if he touched me, I wouldn’t know what to do and would probably stay frozen forever 😔
Maki being slightly dead weight but still keeping up with the adults!!
Nanami being awesome and super daddy once again.
Megumi arriving to save the day!
And… *dun dun* …Surprise!! A wild Toji appearance!!!! 😳
Ahah it’s going to be a big Zenin family reunion… with Nanami in the background thinking “I’m not paid enough for this bull****” 😁
qweaenrOct 26, 2023 1:15 PM
Oct 26, 2023 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
The animator must have fun animating the animation technique.

We already have like dozen or more enemies, and this episode somehow think it's not enough and decide to add more. It acts like this season will have a hundred episodes.
Oct 26, 2023 10:26 AM
Jul 2016
Essa trilha sonora não combina nada com cenas de luta
Oct 26, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2021
I HAD CHILLS THE PEAK NEVER ENDS
Community Mod
Angel of Death

Mar 2022
Mei Mei was cool.

Dagon was kind of cute before he puked up all those skeletons and transformed.

I think Naobito's technique is very interesting.

TOJI MAKES AN APPEARANCE!!

Jan 2009
cool episode mei mei is too strong

and that old man has unique technique about frame rate per second of a camera

and toji is finally here
Oct 26, 2023 10:36 AM
Jun 2013
Good episode. A drop in quality from last week. But I don't care. There are more important fights coming that Mappa needs to spend the time/money on. So no complaints. If Mappa went hard for every single episode like they did the last fight, they would need another 1 or 2 years. So people should be okay when the not so important fights don't have top tier animation.
Oct 26, 2023 10:36 AM

Apr 2020
Toji is here wtf, definitely did not expect that
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 26, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2017
Mei Mei really cool and badass. My girl Maki was cool too. The oldman literally has animation frame power lol, cool though. The fight with the octopass freak was good and Toji's here.
MegamiRemOct 26, 2023 12:50 PM
Oct 26, 2023 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a pretty devious trap that would claim many a ordinary sorcerer. Always thought that Ui Ui was more than just an attendant but to think he had that kind of talent in him. The octo's passive nature sure got me the first time well that is until he showed how much people it consumed. Naobito talking over the demon about frames within anime was damm amusing. His speed and technique though was most impressive. The domain expansion was a pretty nice escalation of their battle that really fleshed out Octo's abilities. While also setting the stage for Maki's counterattack thanks to Megumi's intenvention. Looks like things won't be as easy though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2023 10:43 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to AcD4c
Toji is here wtf, definitely did not expect that
@AcD4c Huh? What do you mean. He was back since episode 12 bruh.
Oct 26, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2018
When will they ever fucking animate an impactful shot, it's always done in the laziest way possible. Not ONCE has they done it correctly, everytime there's a fluid cut scene, it suddenly goes to a still frame at the most important moment. So many prolonged close-ups for absolutely no reason, it renders the action sequences incoherently.Whatever, I can't complain because people will cry.
Still a great episode, just because of the events happening. Dagon is one hell of a fighter to go against Nanami and Naobito with his Projection Technique. His domain expansion and Death Swarm were fucking crazy. It's funny that Naobito lost his arm, but Maki is completely unscratched aside from the first attack.
Megumi came with the clutch to save them all, except himself. But, Toji entered the battle out of nowhere.
Did not like the scene, but the "angle" which a lot of people have been complaining for has been animated. Way too dull imo.
SideCharacterKalOct 26, 2023 11:52 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 26, 2023 10:56 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Ki11grave
It's a shame they decided to pay all the attention to Yuji vs Choso episode. In the manga it was the Dagon fight that made my jaw drop and realise that the Shibuya Incident is special. I felt goosebumps when I saw Death Swarm for the first time, but this episode felt like it had 12 fps lol. Skeletons looked weird and there were a lot of times when a moment of impact was skipped. I understand that they are saving for high-priority episodes, but it was an important one for me. I liked the LSD colors tho.
@Ki11grave I've made an account on MAL solely to express my deepest sympathies for you. For me, last week's episode was the special content, and I'm very satisfied now after seeing it, but I went into it with honestly extremely low expectations. I've felt some strong disappointment from this season, and just ... this was supposed to be a very fun fight episode, but yeah. Sincerely, I hope at least that the finish of the fight is better.
Oct 26, 2023 10:56 AM
Feb 2016
masterpiece! this battle is the best so far in the second season.
Oct 26, 2023 10:58 AM

Oct 2018
Will they keep fighiting against NPCs until what episode? Everything's already been established for the God's sake.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 26, 2023 10:59 AM
Aug 2020
it was an excellent episode

great job mappa
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 26, 2023 11:01 AM

Feb 2021
Maki pretty much useless just like Nobara was, they have been carried this season so far.

Let's see if this will change...
Oct 26, 2023 11:07 AM

Sep 2014
After Meimei-> Slideshow episode. UGH.
coshkunzOct 26, 2023 12:15 PM
Oct 26, 2023 11:16 AM
May 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
Maki pretty much useless just like Nobara was, they have been carried this season so far.

Let's see if this will change...
@MadanielFL u clearly havent read the manga lmao creasing at this.
Oct 26, 2023 11:18 AM
May 2021
Good ep overall, ppl yet complaining about the animation 😭😭 fckn hell mannn
Oct 26, 2023 11:18 AM
Jan 2022
Nanqmi's voice actor saying goodbye was crazy. I'm going to miss Nanami's voice when he's gone
Oct 26, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 2015
jas-samaaa said:

bruh even the episode director also complained on twitter because the production was messed up, it was THAT bad
Oct 26, 2023 11:31 AM

Nov 2021
Damn.. Toji entry was unexpected, and whats with his expression lol.
Oct 26, 2023 11:31 AM
Jan 2021
TO THE ONE WHO IS FREE AND HIS OVERWHELMING INTENSITY
Oct 26, 2023 11:32 AM

Jan 2019
Toji is really my favorite, man.
Oct 26, 2023 11:35 AM

May 2015
The Tropical ambiance of this episode was special.
Oct 26, 2023 11:37 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to ShiroHachi
jas-samaaa said:

bruh even the episode director also complained on twitter because the production was messed up, it was THAT bad
@ShiroHachi Some people will suck up to MAPPA no matter what. Fucking degenerates without a single braincell. Everyone commenting "Nice work, MAPPA. Beautiful animation as always" never know what they're talking about.
It's a tight schedule as usual, animation is lackluster.

But of course, keep coping and call this episode a masterpiece, better than all of S1, sakuga cuts everywhere, animation top tier!
SideCharacterKalOct 26, 2023 11:42 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 26, 2023 11:41 AM
Mar 2022
Best jjk Episode yet
Oct 26, 2023 11:41 AM

Feb 2012
I've said this before but again, the fight mechanics of this anime are just soo GOOD!
Another 10/10 episode!
Oct 26, 2023 11:42 AM
Jan 2012
Reply to Phosphophyllita
Will they keep fighiting against NPCs until what episode? Everything's already been established for the God's sake.
@Phosphophyllita NPCS? Dagon is one of the 4 main disaster curses what Lmao
Oct 26, 2023 11:47 AM

Jul 2022
the thing is, I would die for Mei Mei too. so badass.

oh that was Toji, my bad :D
so many broken children living in grown bodies mimicking adult lives

Oct 26, 2023 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
Loved this episode, Although since I've read the manga I can point out one negative from this episode.
The Mei mei part looked phenomenal, but the Dagon fight could have been directed better a bit.
Although I still really enjoyed it.
Hopefully Mappa can deliver on the next couple of episodes.
Edit : I've read that the director himself explained the tight production issues so the latter part of the episode looked a bit off due to that perhaps but its okay.
We have even better fights to come soon!
Oct 26, 2023 11:50 AM

Oct 2018
Mei mei's fight had boards utilizing angles, generally a huge fan of these. That's pretty much where the episode peaked and ah, we have the infamous My Hero Academia blue skies inside the domain.
Oct 26, 2023 11:52 AM
Oct 2023
It was very well animated. Loved the vibes and the direction too.
Oct 26, 2023 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to ArimaKana
@AcD4c Huh? What do you mean. He was back since episode 12 bruh.
@ArimaKana I know, I mean wasn't expecting him on this episode
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 26, 2023 11:53 AM
May 2022
Reply to -Sleek-
I have heard that Madhouse has already finished about 14 episodes of Frieren before it even begun airing,so why can't mappa do that, i mean that's how you do anticipated show/season with good production and quality and this was the Most anticipated show of the year maybe even in all Anime but i guess mappa prefer quantity over quality.

I guess it is what it is 😔
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN Probably talking while being missinformed about the matter, but how many projects did Madhouse have this year? I´m just asking because Mappa had Vinland Saga, Attack on Titan, Hells Paradise, JJk, that isekai cooking show and a movie. Two shows with 20+ episodes, 2 shows with 12/13 eps, a movie and two specials with around 3 and half hours combined. It´s insane that the people at Mappa have time to breathe.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

374 by cjv3rgara »»
Today, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

492 by Duchszek »»
Yesterday, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 28, 2023

181 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

491 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

618 by cjv3rgara »»
Jun 25, 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.