3It was OK
5.1%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.6
1,045 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 6, 2022 7:03 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Must take real talent to have Denji not interested in you.

Penguin.

Famine devil??? Big sister???

Very interested to see how this plays out.
Dec 6, 2022 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
So she was the famine devil and she even took Yoru damn.
Dec 6, 2022 7:05 AM

Oct 2021
So, is the ∞ Devil back?
Dec 6, 2022 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
oh shit its the Famine Devil and not the Death Devil
Dec 6, 2022 7:11 AM

Aug 2021
LETS GOOOOOOO I WAS RIGHTT

she's the famine devil
Dec 6, 2022 7:16 AM

Dec 2020
Asa biology lectures, Denji wanting to see penguins, FAMINE REVEAL and the return of eternity devil. 10/10 chapter.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓮.
𝓘𝓷 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵,
𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.

Dec 6, 2022 7:22 AM

Jun 2017
called it! i knew she was introduced too early to be Death! looks like Fujimoto wants to revisit the Looping Area concept from the Eternity Devil arc, bet it'll have interesting parallels
Dec 6, 2022 7:23 AM

Apr 2019
The date went just as I expected. Asa was a complete bore. I like how Denji resisted Asa trying to force him to do as she says. He is thinking for himself now. He has truly grown.

So the new horsemen was the famine devil. I felt that the reveal was way too quick. I would have liked more mystery but whatever.

Also the Eternity Devil is back and is being used by famine devil to force Asa to turn Denji into a weapon. This situation is getting tense. I can't wait to see how it will unfold. I hope that Denji and Asa can turn into allies in this situation.

Looks like Famine is going to be the main villain of part 2 of Chainsaw Man. She seems overpowered and is definitely planning something. I think she wants to reassemble the four horsemen to have a fight with the Chainsaw Devil once again. But let's see where the story goes.

Overall a great chapter. Can't wait for the next one.

Chapter Rating:-5/5
Dec 6, 2022 7:35 AM

Sep 2015
Funniest chapter of part 2, for me. Nice job to those who predicted that the sister was the famine devil. The wait is killing me though, switching to not reading weekly would be nice...

ed by aimer this week let's go
can dis sig fit
Dec 6, 2022 7:36 AM

Dec 2020
So my (and a lot of other people's) prediction was correct. She is the Famine Devil. So we have the Control, War and Famine. Gotta see Death now. It is probably in hell though.

And lmao Asa. Imagine trying to sound like a wikipedia and thinking that you can seduce someone. Bruhh.

Also, the Eternity Devil is back!
Dec 6, 2022 7:38 AM

Jun 2019
Eternity Devil is back from the hell. Let's fucking gooo... Also, that date was boring. LOL. Asa doesn't know anything about dates, in general. Also, Famine devil, nice to know ya.
Dec 6, 2022 7:40 AM

Mar 2021
Girl literally spitted the entire Wikipedia article on starfish and sea anemones.
Dec 6, 2022 7:44 AM
Jun 2017
Asa what the fuck lmfao?! :DDDD you can see how socially inept she is from this aquarium date
Dec 6, 2022 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
Denji cant catch a break. Talk about a shitty date.

Horsewomen number 3 confirmed.

Infinity devil is back? XD
Dec 6, 2022 7:47 AM

Jul 2021
bruh this is nothing compared to the wall of texts Shinohara offers, anyway I read all that crap
Dec 6, 2022 7:49 AM

Jul 2022
We finally know Yoru's sister's name, Famine (or Fami,) which I am pretty surprised about. Her powers don't seem to really have anything to do with disease so I'm wondering what's up with that..

It was pretty funny to see Asa fail at seducing Denji, she definitely has a lot to learn about herself and how the world works. When Yoru disappeared she got all scared... So I'm thinking they got kind of close.

Also... Eternity Devil Arc Part 2... Very very interesting that this is happening. I doubt Denji will be able to deal with him again the same way.
Dec 6, 2022 7:50 AM

Jun 2015
Oh my goodness, déjà vu
Dec 6, 2022 7:50 AM

Apr 2013
Barrycade said:
bruh this is nothing compared to the wall of texts Shinohara offers, anyway I read all that crap
If you skip reading Asa's trivia then Fujimoto won by making you feel like Denji, stay strong readers.
Dec 6, 2022 7:56 AM

Sep 2020
I love asa and denji's dynamic. Why is war devil scared of faminine devil?
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Dec 6, 2022 8:01 AM

Oct 2007
MegamiRem said:
So she was the famine devil and she even took Yoru damn.

It doesn't explain how Famine controls death. What are the rules of her powers? Now she controls space like the Eternity weirdo.

Sounds more like Makimo 2.0 that controls others. How did she displace Yoru?

Does Famine have control over Denji since he is hunger incarnate? Denji ate Makima. The chainsaw ate a bunch of many others. How does that impact famine's powers?

Also why did Yoru want to keep quiet about her?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2022 8:04 AM

Jun 2017
Asa is an adorable girl with horrble plans when it comes to dating, good thing that the Famine Devil showed up, I'm looking forward to the next chapter
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Dec 6, 2022 8:10 AM
May 2021
Hmm shit us getting interesting am really eager to know whats gonna happen next! Plus Fujimoto sensei art has defo peak! Love the facial expressions!
Dec 6, 2022 8:11 AM

May 2021
Holy shit, considering the amount of talent you need to make Denji actually leave a girl's side voluntarily, Asa must be fated to have met the War Devil. I refuse to believe Fujimoto didn't copy/paste all those lines from Wikipedia.

And how the hell did the Famine Devil control life/death?

Dec 6, 2022 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
This chapter is my favourite of this part. Fujimoto confirmed what we known already about that girl being famine devil (or Fami as she wants to be called). For a second I thought this chapter would be Asa talking about sea creatures for 20 pages. I guess eternity devil came back from hell. IMO next chapter will be very interesting. Kinda sad that it will take another 2 weeks of waiting but if Fujimoto needs to rest or smt I understand it.
Dec 6, 2022 8:17 AM

May 2015
The eternity devil is back! And they formally introduced Fami! I wonder if Asa got all her knowledge from the wikipedia....or does she just has a vested interest in sea life?
Dec 6, 2022 8:19 AM
Aug 2021
Where’s nayuta
Dec 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Apr 2019
Drippysid said:
Why is war devil scared of faminine devil?

I am guessing that since Famine is the elder sister. She is naturally more powerful than war. I think their history will be revealed in the future chapters.
Dec 6, 2022 8:24 AM
Jun 2011
Damn...Wait, I wonder if this means that maybe the eternity devil is like an associate with Famine then? I guess another thing could be that perhaps Pochita's sharing some info with Denji so he's aware of Fami from when/if Chainsaw man killed her in hell? So many questions, but god I'm just glad both our leads are together in this arc. I love Asa, but no one can replace our boy Denji
Dec 6, 2022 8:25 AM

May 2021
Magicmist said:
The eternity devil is back! And they formally introduced Fami! I wonder if Asa got all her knowledge from the wikipedia....or does she just has a vested interest in sea life?

She studied at the library for that.

Dec 6, 2022 8:27 AM
May 2019
Asa is really pretty ;_;
Dec 6, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Asa really did manage to bore not just Denji, but the readers (me) as well, I wanted to skip all the cringe monologues. It's delivery that matters, I am usually very into people (and stories) that really like the subject they are delving into, yet Asa had a dead fish face the entire time, like she's directly quoting Wikipedia articles. Laaaaaaame
Dec 6, 2022 8:40 AM

Nov 2019
This reminded me of OPM a little bit, when Genos was telling his backstory.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Dec 6, 2022 8:41 AM
Nov 2022
Asa's monologue actually made me look up starfish, and now I'm watching a documentary XD Also, applauding Denji's char development - go look at those penguins, man!
Dec 6, 2022 8:42 AM
May 2016
Asa's got negative rizz lmfao
Dec 6, 2022 8:57 AM

Aug 2022
I guess this means the Eternity devil is back too, uh!?

Very entertaining and interesting chapter! But after a long 2-weeks wait I was hoping for a few extra pages! T_T
Dec 6, 2022 8:58 AM
Jun 2020
Asa Mitaka, autistic femcel icon
Dec 6, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
Asa with Wikipedia rizz xD She's definitely on the spectrum. Not sure if boring us should be considered clever or lazy here 🤔 To see the same paneling style over and over with some trivia on top is kinda eh(no I don't want to feel like Denji) I hope the next chapters will make up for that with more interesting panels. Eternity is back which is pretty hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2018
The Ocean Lecture Asa Rizz.
Even I was completely bored reading through that. Might go eat a starfish, looks a bit delicious.
Welp, Denji actually has a mind of his own and he can think for himself. That's quite the character development.. from a dog to a human (barely). The reveal of the Famine Devil alongside the looping place was pretty good. I really like her design, it stands out from the rest. It's kill or be killed for Asa. Her only way out is by turning Denji into a weapon..
Denji's actually smart though, he pretty much knows who is behind this.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 6, 2022 9:17 AM
Nov 2020
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Dec 6, 2022 9:21 AM
Jul 2016
People are capable of abandoning their morality if they're starving...

That explains a lot about Denji, doesn't it lmao.... Poor boy is starving all the time.
Dec 6, 2022 9:31 AM

Aug 2020
i aint reading all that shit about sea anemones 💀

hype end tho! SHES BACK
Dec 6, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
"I am War's onee-san, I am Famine, but you can call me Fami-chan (ノ≧ڡ≦) Teehee~!"
Dec 6, 2022 10:08 AM
Jun 2021
Alright, so Denji's ddfinietly gonna cut his arm off like a starfish in the next fight. But what does the anemone part mean? Maybe nothing.
Dec 6, 2022 10:12 AM
Jun 2021
it was very gooood
Dec 6, 2022 10:15 AM

Dec 2016
Magicmist said:
I wonder if Asa got all her knowledge from the wikipedia....or does she just has a vested interest in sea life?

RioFS said:
She studied at the library for that.

People are forgetting that CSM is happening in 90s... and wikipedia launched in 2001.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 6, 2022 10:15 AM

May 2020
Yep mugging up the Wikipedia content just to show something you're good at when actually you aren't can bore anyone out. Sharing the sentiment here with Denji.

Control, War and Famine are out, now just Death devil to mark the attendece. Though before that its the eternity dude out of nowhere.. sigh.
Dec 6, 2022 10:18 AM
Jun 2020
Green_Giorno said:
We finally know Yoru's sister's name, Famine (or Fami,) which I am pretty surprised about. Her powers don't seem to really have anything to do with disease so I'm wondering what's up with that..

It was pretty funny to see Asa fail at seducing Denji, she definitely has a lot to learn about herself and how the world works. When Yoru disappeared she got all scared... So I'm thinking they got kind of close.

Also... Eternity Devil Arc Part 2... Very very interesting that this is happening. I doubt Denji will be able to deal with him again the same way.

So should we call this Eternity Devil arc II?
Dec 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
I'm gonna have to side with Denji and Asa on this one. Sorry Asa, but I'm not reading about damn anemones.

Turns out that girl really is the Famine Devil, and we're also met with the Eternity Devil again - who we recently got to see in episode 5 of the anime.
Dec 6, 2022 10:23 AM

Mar 2021
PEAK chapter

Asa with that negative rizz, how do you manage to fumble DENJI LMFAO.

What an autist. They're perfect for eachother.

Denji is standing up for himself!! I hope he gets to see those penguins, but knowing Fujimoto... :(

But his eyes... please Fujimoto the guy is depressed enough already!! :(((

THE GIRL WITH THE EARRINGS IS CONFIRMED TO BE THE FAMINE DEVIL YOOOOOOOO AND SHE'S YORU'S OLDER SISTER

Eternity Devil is back woooooooooooooooo

Dec 6, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2020
4/5

Welp, Fujimoto gave us what we wanted but obviously he had to keep it twisted and completely anti-climatic. Famine or Fami shows up randomly yet again and yup, HERE WE GO AGAIN!! Let the chaos ensue

Fujimoto is trying his best to make Asa cute but annoying at the same time and this chapter worked wonders for him in that department. Asa's unusual confidence in herself caught me off-guard for a moment but never in million years would i have guessed where it stemed from. I like Yoru's gaslight comments and her reactions to Asa's rebuttals. It's been one of my favorite aspect from this part , their bickering. The date is supposedly on this Aquarium, which get this, is maybe related to chapter 79 color page of our kid trios visiting an aquarium in a date labelled "6/12", which is exactly the date when this chapter dropped. Cool connection by Fujimoto there. There's also possibly penguin connections with Reze too or something like that. I just love when authors create such subtle connections

The date was never going to go great, was it? I thought maybe Dennis would fuck it up but boy was I wrong. Asa has L Rizz confirmed this chapter. She somehow managed to fumble the easiest man in whole Japan with her very long but interesting explanations on sea creature. Some of it definitely co-related with the story but it's safe to say that Fujimoto yet again surpassed the manga medium with his unorthodox storytelling. In this case, he managed to literally translate the boredom of our reading experience in line with Denji's boredom during the explanation. He keeps evolving, this guy!! As much as I like to make fun of Asa, there's something cute & innocent about how she went about this whole thing tho. She's an introvert and it shows and someone like Denji who is a really direct & of crass personality might overwhelm her but it's funny that it's complete opposite. Yoru throws her shade at her as well by calling her a bore and rightly so. Ashley will learn but just don't be too harsh on her

and then, poof..... Fami shows outta nowhere, confronts Asa about Denji, introduces herself, takes Yoru away and traps them in the aquarium without any much elaboration. Chad energy confirmed.
It's crazy how Eternity devil in part 1 and this part are some 100 chapters apart too. Fujimoto recycling his plot points but still makes it interesting. Really curious to see how all this resolves. Break next week
2Birds1StonedDec 19, 2022 6:16 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is denji a real depiction of gen z?

FruitPunchBaka - May 31

34 by Merve2Love »»
12 hours ago

» What Makes 'CHAINSAW MAN' unique for you, and why do you love it so?!

JoestarEISH_020 - May 31

42 by DinosaurCursive »»
Today, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - May 21

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » which one is more beautiful

primordial_noir_ - May 25

35 by RickyHunt »»
May 30, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 130 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jas-samaaa - May 23, 2023

78 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 29, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.