3It was OK
4.3%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.7
840 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 1, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Komi trying to feed a deer is so adorable.

I also like the strange yet very colorful gimmicks this episode with the Oni mask, kimonos, etc. Pretty fun stuff. The female cast got a lot of screen time together and it's nice to see Komi getting along with them.

Jun 1, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2020
Not very often seeing Komi hanging out without the usual group around, but still it wasn’t like we had any less fun than what’s always the case. Mikuni and Sasaki may not be as quirky as some of the other characters in this series, but for sure they’re one of the funniest duos around.

And hey Sasaki plays Yo-yo, it's literally been years since I last saw someone lol. Though all it took was a little push from Mikuni to have our world-class performer showing her true colours. Also of course the fun ain’t over without the love talk, and result… Komi confesses she indeed has some sort of feelings for mister H( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Thus we got our wingwomen too.
Jun 1, 2022 8:55 AM
Dec 2019
Best Side Character then Onemine : Sasaki and Katou
Jun 1, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
Katou and Komi were good to inform Sasaki about the ninjas at just the end the day.

H for Hitohito win.

Close to the end Katou and Sasaki were equal as wingman, but aat the last moment Sasaki outpaced with that outstanding move.

Best picture, the deer trying to lick the cellphone.
Jun 1, 2022 10:08 AM

Sep 2020
Well to be honest I have not yet started Watching S3, Wating for it to finish airing, Then I'll watch it in single swoop!
Jun 1, 2022 5:05 PM

Dec 2013
Oh man, Sasaki is a trooper, that's another one for the top tier list, not only she was a wingwoman for Komi but also for Katou, she outplayed so hard Katou at the very end.
Jun 1, 2022 6:16 PM
Mar 2022
I LOVE EVERYTHING IN THIS EPISODE, the fact that yamai looks prettier, komi enjoying her trip, katou being a great friend, AND ALSO OF COURSE tadano x komi moments are AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA >////<
Jun 1, 2022 6:33 PM

Jul 2016
I like Katou's design so much. The combination of elegant hairstyle + round glasses is incredibly cute and the fact that she likes Katai sure was a surprise. Now I hope they interact at least once before this season ends.
Jun 1, 2022 11:45 PM
Aug 2015
this episode made me keep smiling way too much
Jun 2, 2022 12:25 AM

Sep 2020
I love all things in this episode. Komi-san are so beautiful and cute at in a different moments. Sasaki is great in playing yoyo. And i love Katou's beautiful hairstyle. And i love Komi and Tadano moment in the last part. Komi-san is my comfort anime.
smsdm

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 2, 2022 12:37 AM

Feb 2020
Aww I love this episode, that was really nice to watch :) sasaki and katou were really cool too! I wished I had friends like them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2022 2:07 AM
May 2020
Ending of the ep was so wholesome dawg. Shit was beautiful fr
Jun 2, 2022 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
Nice episode overall especially towards the end. The show has been doing a great job introducing new characters, developing them in a short amount of time and making them feel relatable and they did a great job of that with Mikuni and Sasaki. Thought the street performance scene was hilarious!

Great episode and I enjoyed it until the train scene and then I screamed when Komi fell asleep on Tadano. So Damn good!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 2, 2022 3:10 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode Komi feeding the deer was so cute
Jun 2, 2022 3:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For me it was definitely Komi-san checking herself for drool

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 2, 2022 4:23 AM
May 2021
Goated ep! Komi-san was too cutee
Jun 2, 2022 5:00 AM
Jul 2021
Just one complaint...
There were so many interesting pairs but we didn't get even a glimpse on other groups.....why they bothered to introduce so many different groups????

Other than that fking amazing episode agian S2 ROCKSSS
Jun 2, 2022 5:15 AM

Apr 2014
They went to Osaka's Universal Studio and Todai-ji which both of them are not even located in Kyoto. lol
Oh! wait they also went to Toei Studio Park in Kyoto.
I really love the chemistry between Sasaki and Katou. They are great friends.

* J.J. Abrams was a yo-yo champion?? LMAO
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 2, 2022 5:37 AM
Oct 2019
Kyoto Trip day 2.

It's kinda refreshing to see Komi with new people.

Wait, do Deer actually eat Senbei?

Toei Studio Park Kyoto was really beautiful. I know many movie and tv show that have Edo Period setting filming in there.
Damn that Oni Mask was 4500 yen? Holy Shit...

Komi-san and Tadano moment on the Shinkansen was so precious.
Jun 2, 2022 7:40 AM

Jan 2021
H, thats all I have to say :)
Jun 2, 2022 8:08 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Sasaki-sa the 3rd place yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo champion!
She really was embarassed to be interrogated about it...

WOAH THEY MENTIONED BEYBLADE!
I LOVE PLASTICS, HMS AND MFB AND COMPETE IN TOURNAMENTS WITH TOP TIER COMBOS!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 2, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
A nice school trip, and the usual moments.

Komi's friends +2, 79 more to go.

And of coz, Komi's ideal guy: H. It should be obvious enough :)
Jun 2, 2022 12:30 PM

Jan 2022
What a lovely episode. Komi san looked absolutely gorgeous in that Kimono. Sasaki san was the real stand out of this episode, though. They are so lucky to have a friend as loyal and dedicated as her. She may be a 3rd place U18 Yo Yo World Champion, but she is a 1st place wingman. Even if her methods are a bit indiscreet.

-insert NGE meme here-
Jun 2, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 2021
Its official, tadano is a mind reader
Does this have any actual impact on the show in the manga?
Jun 2, 2022 2:14 PM

Sep 2020
Amazing episode! Komi hanging with the two girls is so cute and interesting, and Komi admits that she likes Tadano~
Jun 2, 2022 3:03 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Komi having fun with her groupmates they went to Osaka and when they got back to Kyoto they go somewhere else and during the night they talk about who Komi likes that is in man that Komi likes Tadano
Jun 2, 2022 5:07 PM
Sep 2021
a menina e ó metaforando, só falta 79 amigos!!
Jun 2, 2022 6:22 PM

Jun 2020
Komi's smile nice, That's a lot of plans that Katou made, When you think that Komi is like snow white when some animals were so ignorant to her until this deer came like magic

For sure they went a lot of places and looks fun until they blamed each other that's heat right there, If Komi didn't show that deer pic they wouldn't have made up change my mind

Another Tadano W man can't stop taking them casually, nice photo reel at the end too.
Jun 2, 2022 6:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I definitely really like Sasaki and Katou, them paired with Komi made for a lot of great moments, Komi helping the two of them get along when things got a little sour was nice too. And Sasaki absolutely killed it with that yo-yo, she might end up being one of my favorites just for that, and also how she’s a cunning wingwoman lol, her setting up Komi and Katou with their crushes near the end was great. I’m glad Katai has himself an admirer as well.

The whole outing was really fun tho, loved the definitely not Spider-Man and jaws cameos lol, and Komi feeding the deer was especially cute. Those street performers were awesome too, Sasaki coming in made it even better. And you can’t forget the love talk lol, I’m wondering if Sasaki has someone she likes but hid it intentionally so she could be the cool wingwoman.

That was definitely one of my favorite episodes so far tho, and I think I’ve said that several times in this season alone lol.
TheColonel76Jun 2, 2022 6:34 PM
Jun 2, 2022 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Easily the best episode this season. So damn wholesome
Jun 2, 2022 6:36 PM

Nov 2016
What I liked the most about this arc was that Komi was "on her own" while making these two new friends. It was a wholesome field trip experience and the smile said it all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 2, 2022 7:15 PM
Dec 2020
This is my favorite episodes by far. Its pretty rare to see Komi hang out with other people besides the usual but man I feel like those 3 really like click together you know what I mean? It was really fun seeing them having fun together! I’m wishing to see this trio in future eps :)
Jun 2, 2022 9:18 PM

Feb 2019
Aww komi falling asleep on tadano was a perfect way to end the trip! Also so nice to see her hanging out with other people besides the usual crew. Helps flesh out the side characters and help her grow!
Jun 2, 2022 10:49 PM
Feb 2021
Amazing episode and for me my favorite episode, this what I want to see from watching Komi-san. Not just how Komi fighting her condition but also other people around her, learning what Komi want and understand her better as a regular person.
Jun 3, 2022 2:39 AM
Mar 2021
I just found out they are only a bit older than me. when people switched from yo yo to bayblade I was in kindergarden while thry were in elementry school.
when I saw them saying that yo yo aint cool anymore while holding the bayblade looking things I was laughing to my self that they are going to play bayblade and then they said it.
hope they show bakugan as well.
GeekNewzJun 3, 2022 2:45 AM
Jun 3, 2022 3:05 AM

Oct 2015
Sasaki aiding Komi like that with the yo-yo, and that mask though...

I loved the girls day out, this was a fun episode. I really hope the girls won't disappear into oblivion, I'm hoping we can get moments like these more often. Although I still missed Najimi, that thing is such a ball of energy
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 3, 2022 4:36 AM

Nov 2013
Chill episode. Felt pretty normal.
Jun 3, 2022 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
Katou and Sasaki might be more normal compared to the majority of the supporting cast in this series, but thanks to this episode, I would rate these girls as some of the best supporting characters with their time with Komi during their stay in Kyoto.

Their free time had them travel to Osaka and seeing the sights before coming back to Kyoto. It did look like both Katou and Sasaki were going to be on bad terms due to Katou's packed schedule, but thanks to Komi showing pictures of the deers they fed earlier (including the funny deer close-up XD), the tension dissipated and the trio got back to having fun, with the highlight being Sasaki's "disguise" while unleashing her yo-yo skills, back up by some flashy animation, to save Komi at the studio park.

The talk between the girls in their hotel room was really nice, too. Katou voiced out her determination in becoming a professional shogi player in the future, whereas Sasaki is a world class yo-yo expert, although she feels a bit too embarrassed to be proud of her hobby. Later, the love talk revealed that Katou was interested in Katai, although both Katou and Sasaki knew that Komi was interested in Tadano.

On the train back home, Sasaki became an EX-tier wingman by not only getting Katou to sit next to Katai, but also getting Tadano to sit next to Komi, where she ended up sleeping on his shoulder for a bit, which was adorable. =3

Overall, this would be a contender for the best episode for the second season right now. It was wholesome and funny all rolled up into one excellent episode.
Jun 3, 2022 8:19 AM

Mar 2020
Oi that was really gooooooooddddd. Komi-san is just kawaii.

Love the whole episode. Sasaki-san and Katou-san talents in Shogi and Yo-yo. Women can be best too in something of course not just men.

I love the ED visuals. The pictures.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 3, 2022 9:33 AM

Dec 2008
That episode was tops. It just worked so well and the 2 new friends were excellent. This show continues to amaze me with how it approaches the basic story and shows new aspects of her ever growing friendship list.
May the Uguu be with you.

Jun 3, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2021
Man I love this show so much (can't believe some people gave this a 1/10).. They are SOO good at writing characters, I figured these two new characters would be one episode and done, But I already like them both, that Yoyo girl is great, and the Shogi scene where she was trying to prove it was her was fantastic..
Jun 3, 2022 10:59 AM

Jul 2021
I'm gonna be honest here, whole episode except the last 5-7 minutes was pretty bland but it did get some chuckles outta me now and then, the deer part stood out, it was adorable to see when the deer came close to Komi to eat crackers from her hands.

Imagine how Katai's gonna feel when he finds out someone has a crush on him, can't even imagine how he'll react lol.

The train part was the best 10/10. The ED with the trip's pictures showing was great. I'm glad Komi had a fun trip.

4/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 3, 2022 11:08 AM

Mar 2015
wow this episode was so boring I almost died of boredom. are you trying to kill me, Komi-san? honestly, every episode feels like filler episode. is it gonna become interesting any time soon? manga readers? anyone?
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 3, 2022 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
pasanoid said:
wow this episode was so boring I almost died of boredom. are you trying to kill me, Komi-san? honestly, every episode feels like filler episode. is it gonna become interesting any time soon? manga readers? anyone?
Bruh if you hate it so much after almost a whole ass season better drop it.

Do people not know what slice of life is?
Jun 3, 2022 11:50 AM

Mar 2015
ssjokg said:
pasanoid said:

this tastes more like slice of moldy bread
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 3, 2022 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
pasanoid said:
ssjokg said:

this tastes more like slice of moldy bread

What an intelligent response.
Jun 3, 2022 12:49 PM

Apr 2020
This episode really made my heart shake so intensely, oh that last part was so effective on killing me in my feelings!

Sasaki and Kato made for some good friends. With Kato, being a strategist/shogi master planned out everything, and Sasaki being a closeted yoyo player, both of them might have had mixed feelings during their trip as a trio, but all things considered they had some good fun. I find it amazing how Kato will fall for Katai's gaze, even Naruse might be wondering the same thing and will proceed to lavish in his self-greatness. But with that segue to trade seats, the twisted Sasaki lent our boy Tadano their seat to see Komi's sleeping face (remember Komi already saw his the last time around).

It's worth giving praise to Tadano to hold his adrenaline, because with Komi lying on your shoulders even for a couple of minutes could make a young man's heart explode to the stars. If not for Najimi, it would've been a solid moment for me. But props to the staff making me a gallery montage to end with the ED, a very nice touch. And with that the field trip ends, what could we be getting for the last three episodes.
Jun 3, 2022 1:00 PM
May 2021
cant wait for spider san 2!
Jun 3, 2022 2:11 PM
Nov 2019
Didn't expect to like this episode as much as I did, but it might just be my favorite of the season so. Hope we see more of Sasaki and Katou, definitely like them a lot more than some of the other side characters.
Jun 3, 2022 2:11 PM
Oct 2021
This episode was by far the best of season 2 in my opinion. Very good ep!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

106 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 22, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2022

113 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 22, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

95 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

90 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2022

84 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 18, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.