Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
80.3%
4Liked it!
12.9%
3It was OK
3.9%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.7
1,622 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool no OP song. White Fox once again doing the favor of stretching the content.

Good episode overall, liking the way Rem worked with Subaru. They censored some of the parts (bet BDs will remove the creature attack with the black screen). Subaru's one brave bastard this episode though imo. And Rem getting the brunt of the attacks by those creatures was painful to watch :(

Her transformation form (loved the OST for this part, can't wait for it come to out):

Poor Subaru again..the suffering continues.
Edit: CR's version is uncensored :p
Stark700May 29, 2016 2:14 PM
May 29, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Cool no OP song. White Fox once again doing the favor of stretching the content.

Good episode overall, liking the way Rem worked with Subaru. Poor Felt and the others though. They censored some of the parts (bet BDs will remove the creature attack with the black screen). Subaru's one brave bastard this episode though imo. And Rem getting the brunt of the attacks by those creatures was painful to watch :(

Her transformation form (loved the OST for this part, can't wait for it come to out):

Okay now you get even me hyped for this episode.

I figured that they would have to censor somewhere along the line but as long as it clearly gets uncensored for the BDs it's absolutely no problem.

Besides aren't you watching the Chinese version? The censoring is a lot harsher over there so we might get some parts uncensored in the Japanese version ( Hell they even blocked Kabaneri in their country lol )

I hope they brought the right emotions across but your comments give me high hopes :D!

Oh new OST? *-*
FappaMay 29, 2016 10:30 AM
May 29, 2016 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
Fappa said:
Oh new OST? *-*

Not sure if it's a new OST but the way they animated the Rem's transformation scene was sweet. (after the creatures attack in the woods)

Really enjoying the music of this show :D
Stark700May 29, 2016 10:56 AM
May 29, 2016 10:41 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
Fappa said:
Oh new OST? *-*

Not sure if it's a new OST but the way they animated the Rem's transformation scene was sweet. (after the creatures attack in the woods)

Really enjoying the music of this show :D

Alright, thanks for the info!

Also since you watched the chinese version the censoring is likely to be only for this version. The Japanese one should have less to none censoring :)
May 29, 2016 10:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hearing that there is more suffering hurts my soul

EDIT: HOLY FUCK THAT SECOND HALF O_O
TokoyaMay 29, 2016 7:43 PM
May 29, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah the censoring is probably just the Chinese being Chinese again. The show has been relatively brutal for a modern TV anime.
May 29, 2016 10:46 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
Yeah the censoring is probably just the Chinese being Chinese again. The show has been relatively brutal for a modern TV anime.

Yeah they throw a tantrum very fast over there. I mean Kabaneri stopped airing entirely because of that.
May 29, 2016 10:48 AM
Oct 2012
Fappa said:
Stark700 said:

Good episode overall, liking the way Rem worked with Subaru. Poor Felt and the others though. They censored some of the parts (bet BDs will remove the creature attack with the black screen). Subaru's one brave bastard this episode though imo. And Rem getting the brunt of the attacks by those creatures was painful to watch :(

Okay now you get even me hyped for this episode.

I figured that they would have to censor somewhere along the line but as long as it clearly gets uncensored for the BDs it's absolutely no problem.

Besides aren't you watching the Chinese version? The censoring is a lot harsher over there so we might get some parts uncensored in the Japanese version ( Hell they even blocked Kabaneri in their country lol )

I hope they brought the right emotions across but your comments give me high hopes :D!

Oh new OST? *-*

but the Chinese are not more politically correct than the Japanese? I mean, last year they have banned more than 35 anime by reason of being violent and "harm the youth": http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-09/china-blacklists-attack-on-titan-death-note-36-more-anime-manga/.89055
May 29, 2016 10:50 AM
Dec 2015
Sigh.. Subaru is really an aho... Caring so much for the villagers but you could glint out some aspects of his character from this. But seriously, as someone who is a hikkimori before this, I really wonder how he grew attached to people so quickly.
May 29, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
Acernos said:

but the Chinese are not more politically correct than the Japanese? I mean, last year they have banned more than 35 anime by reason of being violent and "harm the youth": http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-09/china-blacklists-attack-on-titan-death-note-36-more-anime-manga/.89055

No no I didn't mean it like that. It's just that the censoring Stark saw is likely to be Chinese exclusive, no BD exclusive. Why they stopped Kabaneri I don't know but I guess it overstepped their boundaries of tolerance.

VeritasEtLux said:
Sigh.. Subaru is really an aho... Caring so much for the villagers but you could glint out some aspects of his character from this. But seriously, as someone who is a hikkimori before this, I really wonder how he grew attached to people so quickly.

It involves his backstory which is explained later on in the story. Just like many other things in the story it gets a completely different meaning to it once you get certain information later on :)
Once you know his backstory you be pretty much enlightened and see Subaru's actions early on ( yes this is still considered early one ) in a different light.

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazMay 29, 2016 2:33 PM
May 29, 2016 10:59 AM
Oct 2012
Fappa said:
Acernos said:

No no I didn't mean it like that. It's just that the censoring Stark saw is likely to be Chinese exclusive, no BD exclusive. Why they stopped Kabaneri I don't know but I guess it overstepped their boundaries of tolerance.

I understand what you mean, I'm just saying that even if there censorship, Japanese TV is still something to admire for passing animations with such contents, in my country for example, we can not watch the American movies from Jack Chan uncut, the interesting thing is that Re-zero passes in the normal TV (TV Tokyo), and currently only WOWOW (TV satellite that will transmit Berserk this year) transmits such brutal contents as Re-zero.
May 29, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
Acernos said:

I understand what you mean, I'm just saying that even if there censorship, Japanese TV is still something to admire for passing animations with such contents, in my country for example, we can not watch the American movies from Jack Chan uncut, the interesting thing is that Re-zero passes in the normal TV (TV Tokyo), and currently only WOWOW (TV satellite that will transmit Berserk this year) transmits such brutal contents as Re-zero.

Yeah Japan is fairly tolerant in that regard. Since in my country only mainstream anime airs at noon I see that censoring a lot too.

I guess Re:Zero almost didn't manage to get on TV Tokyo then. Well I'll get the BDs anyway so in the end I'll get my uncensored version :D
May 29, 2016 11:06 AM
Dec 2015
But seriously, lol the amount of gore that Chinese censors is ridiculous. Everything is blacked out. Gonna need to watch the full ver tomorrow when even an impaled wolf/dog monster is censored what the heck == or is it even the Japanese version is censored?? but nightmare rem is OMG <3

VeritasEtLuxMay 29, 2016 11:11 AM
May 29, 2016 11:16 AM
Oct 2012
Fappa said:
Acernos said:

Yeah Japan is fairly tolerant in that regard. Since in my country only mainstream anime airs at noon I see that censoring a lot too.

I guess Re:Zero almost didn't manage to get on TV Tokyo then. Well I'll get the BDs anyway so in the end I'll get my uncensored version :D

we must also remember that there is also a censorship "unfair", which is one that is only censored to encourage the purchase of DVDs / Blu-ray and not because of TV restrictions, but it seems that fortunately Re-zero does not have this problem (although there is still censorship, is a tolerable level).

anyway, it seems that the episode was delayed in Japan due to a tennis match.
May 29, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
so rem saves him, turns badass and slaughters those beasts, then more of them appear and try to attack rem, but in that split second, subaru runs to her, pushes her away as if time froze, and gets himself killed. that ending was just poorly written imo, i guess it does the job of revealing rem's other side and getting subaru killed at the same time to force a reset but i feel like they are ruining plot and character consistency.

Hongu said:

a branch of our government exists to basically censor books, tv series, anime, etc. anything with content or ideas they deem 'unhealthy'. Nobody likes them and large sites like Bilibili have no choice but to adhere, but beneath the surface, everything is accessible.
May 29, 2016 11:23 AM
Dec 2015
edwd2 said:
so rem saves him, turns badass and slaughters those beasts, then more of them appear and try to attack rem, but in that split second, subaru runs to her, pushes her away as if time froze, and gets himself killed. that ending was just poorly written imo, i guess it does the job of revealing rem's other side and getting subaru killed at the same time to force a reset but i feel like they are ruining plot and character consistency.

Hongu said:

a branch of our government exists to basically censor books, tv series, anime, etc. anything with content or ideas they deem 'unhealthy'. Nobody likes them and large sites like Bilibili have no choice but to adhere, but beneath the surface, everything is accessible.

Don't know if you are anime only viewer but... I wouldn't say subaru has died. He just has been bitten. We wouldn't really know he might die of that or not.
May 29, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
edwd2 said:

I don't know if you have watched the episode because what you said didn't even happen like that or in in other words the episode didn't gave you the reasons to make the conclusions you just did. So I don't know what was poorly written that didn't even happen.

FappaMay 29, 2016 11:27 AM
May 29, 2016 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Fappa said:

I don't know if you have watched the episode because what you said didn't even happen lol.

I guess the last part of the episode just felt very out of place. Even if he doesn't die, I'm questioning why and how he was able to just jump in, attempt to save rem? and get himself, well, bitten very badly?
May 29, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
edwd2 said:

I guess the last part of the episode just felt very out of place. Even if he doesn't die, I'm questioning why and how he was able to just jump in, attempt to save rem? and get himself, well, bitten very badly?

Do you mean that physically or mentally?
May 29, 2016 11:31 AM
Feb 2016
Stark700 said:

Hold on a sec.. Are you saying that Felt died and some others villagers? I know that rem is an Oni, what did she did? .. Damn i need to see this episode fast. Don't care if is RAW, chinese...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
The tennis match has ended. Japan lost.
The episode should be airing very soon. Not sure about when CR will simulcast it, though.
May 29, 2016 11:33 AM
Dec 2015
But then he just saw Rem's power which seems kind of indestructible, leaping in to push her away from some dogs seems a bit absurd but then... him being him and rem just saved his life, I guess it is something that just comes naturally to him.
May 29, 2016 11:34 AM
Dec 2015
LuckoBj said:
Stark700 said:

Hold on a sec.. Are you saying that Felt died and some others villagers? I know that rem is an Oni, what did she did? .. Damn i need to see this episode fast. Don't care if is RAW, chinese...

== I'm not even sure if he understands chinese subs or not but no Felt did not die or even appear in this episode. Basically no one has died yet in this episode, just attacked but not certain to be dead
VeritasEtLuxMay 29, 2016 11:37 AM
May 29, 2016 11:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The episode's airing at 4 am in Japan btw. So in 25 more mins. Finally Aired :D

No OP again, such a dedicated studio! Subaru decides to revisit the village for clues. I bet a lot of people predicted that the dog bite played some significance to the situation. And now the kids from the village went missing. With multiple encounters, there's no doubt that Subaru would remember those kids. Rem and Subaru found all the kids except for one. Luckily Subaru found the other kid. Those dogs look creepy! Luckily Rem's there to help. That Rem berserk mode though. And at the ending, it must have been gruesome for Subaru to be bitten like that O_O

I didn't notice any censorship in this episode.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 29, 2016 12:38 PM
May 29, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
VeritasEtLux said:
But then he just saw Rem's power which seems kind of indestructible, leaping in to push her away from some dogs seems a bit absurd but then... him being him and rem just saved his life, I guess it is something that just comes naturally to him.

Ah that. Yeah there is a logical explanation to that.

I'll put it within tags because there are some people here who haven't watched it yet.

Of course his personality also played a role. He finally managed to gain Rem's trust in this loop, it has been perfect so far, so Subaru wants to keep this loop without any tragedy if he can. He is too scared to restart all that over again so he starts to do sudden actions due to the PTSD he suffers.
May 29, 2016 11:46 AM
Dec 2015
Fappa said:
VeritasEtLux said:

I'll put it within tags because there are some people here who haven't watched it yet.

Of course his personality also played a role. He finally managed to gain Rem's trust in this loop, it has been perfect so far, so Subaru wants to keep this loop without any tragedy if he can. He is too scared to restart all that over again so he starts to do sudden actions due to the PTSD he suffers.

Ahh thanks for the explanation but I don't think at that moment he thought that much but I guess it was just his natural reaction.
May 29, 2016 11:47 AM

May 2016
Fappa said:
VeritasEtLux said:

I hope this is explained in the actual episode, otherwise we'll get another week of people bitching about Subaru's stupidity :/
May 29, 2016 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Hongu said:

Yeah anime aired in china, like anything else entertainment or media wise, that is graphic or really just tries to express anything gets censored
May 29, 2016 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
VeritasEtLux said:

Ahh thanks for the explanation but I don't think at that moment he thought that much but I guess it was just his natural reaction.

Yeah you could definitely see it as that. At that moment it was entirely due to his personality and fear of loss which would mean that he has to repeat everything over again. If Rem dies, Ram won't blame him but she still would be a complete mess so basically the conditions of the 4th loop. Since he wants to stay at this place and be happy here with everyone being alive he reacts at every single things that could endanger anyone.

In other words he's being overly protective out of desperation for a happy ending :).
May 29, 2016 12:08 PM
Feb 2016
VeritasEtLux said:
LuckoBj said:

== I'm not even sure if he understands chinese subs or not but no Felt did not die or even appear in this episode. Basically no one has died yet in this episode, just attacked but not certain to be dead

Yeah, that's what i thought at first. I don't remember except for the first episodes that Felt died.. She was taken away by Reinhard. Subaru just went to confirm the cause of the curse i guess.. I have no idea.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 12:10 PM
Dec 2015
LuckoBj said:
VeritasEtLux said:

Yeah, that's what i thought at first. I don't remember except for the first episodes that Felt died.. She was taken away by Reinhard. Subaru just went to confirm the cause of the curse i guess.. I have no idea.

Felt hasn't appeared in this arc and I guess she wouldn't as the arc is concluding soon but I guess she would definitely return as she seems to be an important part of the story from the way Reinhard took her away. Story would probably return to explaining that.
May 29, 2016 12:30 PM
Dec 2015
Oh I'm pretty sure Subaru will die pretty soon... maybe not in this arc but in the next? After all, the entire premise of this is based on him dying repeatedly to excruciating pain and reviving to excruciating mental torture >:)

And the main reason why Japan TV decided to air tennis is because their top player Kei Nishikori is in the french open but he just lost so... hope in the weeks to come they would stop bothering to air it and just continue with the anime as per usual.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazMay 29, 2016 2:40 PM
May 29, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, this episode was good. Those endless beasts..

p.s. Oni Rem <3
May 29, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
Good pacing with good animation as always, white fox delivering!
dat Rem transformation tho, so she's an ogre.

guess a lil too late but... Subaru let the dogs out? just kidding but man Subaru got literally chomped at the last part, please just please dont die! dat lap pillow must live on!!! I repeat do not fcking die Subaru! remember the lap pillow! that shall give you strength to live on!
May 29, 2016 1:22 PM
Jun 2011
this was a crazy episode rem transform was great and i hope subaro didnt die
May 29, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
Subaru just can't catch a break can he LOL XD

Ogre Rem was unexpected. I guess that's the reason why Ram told Subaru not to tell Rem the Blue and Red Ogre story

Excited for next week

May 29, 2016 1:32 PM
Jan 2014
Rem this episode was:
May 29, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
Holy shit, Rem went full insane demon mode. I really hope Subaru survives this encounter, he finally gained her trust.
Hi there
May 29, 2016 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
Puppy dog OP pls nerf.
May 29, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode... now I have to wait 1 week :C
May 29, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2012
Holy Shit! I don't even... I don't even know what to say. Talk about of hell of an episode.

Fantastic episode. Never in a million years would I have thought it was the fucking dog lol. It was the damn dog lol. And on top of that the dop op as shit LMAO!

Really loved how this episode panned out. The ending was just beautiful. I was exoecting Rem to go super crazy, well she did, but it wasn't over the top. As soon as Subaru saved her she was like oh damn. Let this been any anime She would been a whole new character and said she lost control.

Damn I wonder how they going to get out of this. I really hoping Subaru doesn't die. I mean he is on the perfect route for gawd sake. I'm really hoping Ram comes through and show out. Man I can't wait for next week.
AntearionMay 29, 2016 1:51 PM
May 29, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Re:Zero never fails to disappoint.

Really enjoyed Beako again, she may be one of the best loli's in recent history.

Subaru being a badass despite having literally no powers, I mean he straight up rekt that dog.

Rem kicked ass and saved Subaru at one point only to be repaid that favor shortly after, wonder if she's going to go all out again next week or if someone is going to come to the rescue.

Emilia-tan is till too adorable for this show.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 29, 2016 1:46 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Bruh, that berserker Rem with that OST. Awesome!

So we finally figure out the cause of the curse. That's messed up, all these animals group attacking Subaru and Rem.
May 29, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
Holy shit, that whole episode was just filled with badass. Subaru flipping the dog, Rem going demon, oh god, that was a brutal cliff hanger.
May 29, 2016 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
I will be so pissed if Subaru dies again, he got so far this time ;-;. Also, I suppose its going to become more clear from here on why Rem is proclaimed best girl in most people minds because hot damn that was badass
May 29, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2015
Well that was a fair share of gore, even if it was witch created monster dog gore.

Rem was just as creepy in this moment as in the light novel well done, well done.

Now with seeing the brutality here I can't wait for arc 3 to happen.
May 29, 2016 1:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Also it was wonderful to see how Subaru gained Rem's trust. He used all of his knowledge that he gained and actually made it work by being himself and not using his fake appearance.
May 29, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
Rem was really badass in this episode :-)

And for those wondering if Subaru survived
Jul 2010
Great action paced episode 10/10. I love how Subaru is getting closer to Rem,also that Shaman he better be dead soon.

Mar 2016
The episode was great!
And I can't get enough of Roswaal :>
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Jun 3

10 by Daddi4900 »»
Jun 5, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.