Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2010 6:57 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
5/5 10/10
Nov 21, 2010 7:18 AM

Aug 2009
More changes to the OP theme :o

Also, a lot of Kuroneko this episode :D Pretty funny, especially towards the end of the ep.

Edit: bleh, mod edited out my screenshots. I wonder why...? =.=;
Kuro4735Nov 25, 2010 7:04 AM

Nov 21, 2010 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
zimno said:
[b
5/5 10/10

This resumes all.

great episode as always, Kuroneko ftw.
Nov 21, 2010 9:01 AM
Jun 2008
Awesome episode.

and Kirino's long speech is epic..I need a sub for tis
MorningGloryNov 21, 2010 9:21 AM
Nov 21, 2010 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Talking about Gensaku Rape in a Gensaku Rape ....
Kirino has never been so annoying before, everything went completely irrational and wasn't fun at all.
Big disappointment.
Nov 21, 2010 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:

and Kirino's long speech is epic..I need a sub for tis

oh yeah it was pretty hard to understand, at frtst i didnt even get the reason why they dont wato to produce the anime.
Nov 21, 2010 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
*Sigh* then they shouldn't make Kirino's story into Anime just because it was originally for another work...

And agreed, loving lots of Kuroneko in this ep.

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2010 11:32 AM

Jun 2009
^ You'll get a lot more Kuroneko,
Nov 21, 2010 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
Kuroneko ftw

This episode gets a 5/5

Nov 21, 2010 3:15 PM

Oct 2010
I am listening to it as I type this but I think it is essential to stress out the OP changes because they have a major impact on people like me whole love their mechas.

Zeta Gundam? Heck Yeah! Is that a Zaku? Well +1 points for Mecha in the spoiler!

Goldorak look alike! A great pilgimage to many classics of Mecha! Another good +1 point!

Misterious robot appearing but not too familiar to what series it reminds people of? Any idea anyone?

In other news background of Kyousuke changes to theme of this episode, the studio building, production quarters and meeting/discussion room.
There is also the OMG is she hot and mature ever!

Kind of liked the Kirino/Kyousuke team up done in this OP with Kirino's facial expression being great!
Also equally impressive were the poses of Kuroneko and Saori.

Well I hope the mecha stuff please people like me.
Yumekichi11Nov 21, 2010 4:16 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 21, 2010 3:23 PM

Mar 2010
Well.. Talking about making changes to the original work in the anime.

What an irony... :p

Anyway, in my opinion, I think most of Kirino's requests to the director were ridiculous, especially deciding on the names of every single staff, producers, and even OP/ED singers. Her only valid argument was keeping the story of Mai City intact. On the other hand, I liked how Kuroneko did some background researches on the director and finding out it was his false pride from the past that prevented him from putting real efforts in to the work...

Nov 21, 2010 4:19 PM
Dec 2009
kuroneko cute
Nov 21, 2010 4:29 PM

Oct 2010
stevewiess01 said:
Well.. Talking about making changes to the original work in the anime.

What an irony... :p

Same as the OP title. I have to say the changes you mention may be because whoever did this episode wanted to show that many things in anime can stay intact. Not many animes deal with this problem yet it is quite common in anime adaptations from making things too ecchi like Seikon no Qwaser to even changes in this anime, such as the groping scene of episode 4 which was supposed to not be like that. It also shows to what length a brother such as Kyousuke would go to even beg in a most honored fashion to not change too many things in the anime of Kirino but to include her opinions as much as possible.
stevewiess01 said:
Anyway, in my opinion, I think most of Kirino's requests to the director were ridiculous, especially deciding on the names of every single staff, producers, and even OP/ED singers.

Yes I think it was ridiculous too and even one of those guys got pissed off rather with nasty facial expressions of his.
stevewiess01 said:
On the other hand, I liked how Kuroneko did some background researches on the director and finding out it was his false pride from the past that prevented him from putting real efforts in to the work...

I also appreciated that because it shows that Kuroneko was ready to back up Kyousuke and that she was willing to help out Kirino despite her being a bitchy bitch with a attitude as you saw in the cafeteria.

This all being said my take on this episode is as follows: Kyousuke once again wins me over to how much a brother does for his sister. This episode might have been stale a little bit but the dialogging was greatly increased thus making it a little more intellectual than fun. Despite that it showed a reality of animes and what some LN writers might have to struggle with to the point that those who do not fight never see their LN adapted properly.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 21, 2010 7:09 PM

Sep 2007
Poor little princess Kirino couldn't handle her little story being edited for TV purposes and falls ill. Kirino does not deserve people like Kyousuke and Kuroneko standing by her side. Everything Kuroneko said is damn true too. Kirino needs to get knocked down quite a bit.
Nov 21, 2010 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
novel divation for the....fail
Nov 21, 2010 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Why gundams in the OP? lol (I like them, but they were a little unrelated).

It was a good episode, the work of a good brother.
Nov 21, 2010 7:22 PM
May 2010
i see there is a chance for kuroneko and kyousuke
it is hint near the end of the ep. Kuroneko seems to be jealous of how much kyousuke did for kirino
Nov 21, 2010 7:32 PM

Oct 2009
I have no idea why but I was dissapointed with this episode, well; I did fully enjoy all the other episodes but it's just the way Kirino was protratyed in this one. And maybe because this was so unrealistic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2010 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't like this episode, I skipped over a lot of part, because I did not like them. And it felt like this anime thing came out of nowhere.

Hopefully next weeks will be more interesting.
Nov 21, 2010 8:06 PM
Oct 2010
This episode felt weird to me. Why? Because this is the first mention we have of Kyousuke hating his sister. The novel and manga treat it with him saying he hates her from the very beginning, yet in the anime, it was somehow toned down and never mentioned up until now. Too see him suddenly saying he hated her felt out of place considering the previous episodes.
Nov 21, 2010 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
Poor little princess Kirino couldn't handle her little story being edited for TV purposes and falls ill. Kirino does not deserve people like Kyousuke and Kuroneko standing by her side. Everything Kuroneko said is damn true too. Kirino needs to get knocked down quite a bit.

Kirino is quite simply one of the worst anime characters ever. I am baffled at how anyone could imagine such a spoiled little cunt is so "cute". Seriously, do you think if she was real she would treat you any better than she treats Brosuke? She wouldn't. She'd walk all over you and take advantage of everything you did for her without a word of thanks, because that's the kind of self-absorbed twat she is.

The clincher though, the absolute clincher to this massive pile of self-serving shit?

THAT IS NOT A FUCKING REASON. YOUR SISTER IS A BITCH WHO SHOULD GET KICKED DOWN TEN TIMES MORE THAN SHE DOES AND YOU DO NEITHER YOURSELF NOR HER ANY FAVORS BY RUNNING TO HER RESCUE EVERY FUCKING TIME!

*deep breath*

I'd say more, but I'm not about to dump all my blogging fuel here.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 21, 2010 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
I can't believe I will give this anime a 2/5. Pretty disappointing episode.

If there was anything good about this episode, that would be Kuroneko. She was outright straight. Sad to see her being jealous of Kirino having such a wonderful brother.

Kyousuke btw, must act straight and keep off from sacrificing his reputation to outsiders for the sake of a stupid sister. i am seriously starting to get annoyed with kirino. enough said, after giving the vote, i am good to know i wasnt the only one who felt this episode was a bit annoying.

edit: i will commit seppuku before i tarnish my honor for someone like kirino, even if she happens to be my sibling.
shanimebibNov 21, 2010 8:18 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 21, 2010 8:12 PM

Feb 2009
You gotta kidding me this whole book written thing was for real! They'll publish anything nowadays -_-

WAY TO GO KURONEKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
Before I forget, this anime needs more Manami and her grandparents. and more Kuroneko to make everything just about right. Lowering my ratings to 7/10. lets see what happens in the final 4 episodes.
shanimebibNov 21, 2010 8:19 PM
Coronavirus.
Nov 21, 2010 8:26 PM
Mar 2010
Splitter said:
Wasabi said:

Kirino is quite simply one of the worst anime characters ever. I am baffled at how anyone could imagine such a spoiled little cunt is so "cute". Seriously, do you think if she was real she would treat you any better than she treats Brosuke? She wouldn't. She'd walk all over you and take advantage of everything you did for her without a word of thanks, because that's the kind of self-absorbed twat she is.

The clincher though, the absolute clincher to this massive pile of self-serving shit?

THAT IS NOT A FUCKING REASON. YOUR SISTER IS A BITCH WHO SHOULD GET KICKED DOWN TEN TIMES MORE THAN SHE DOES AND YOU DO NEITHER YOURSELF NOR HER ANY FAVORS BY RUNNING TO HER RESCUE EVERY FUCKING TIME!

*deep breath*

I'd say more, but I'm not about to dump all my blogging fuel here.

That is a perfectly legitimate reason. Do not force your definition and value of what being a brother means on the author.

I did not enjoy this episode as much as the others, but I suppose that being mainly because of its lack of comedy and awkward situations. Looking forward to next week.
Nov 21, 2010 8:31 PM

Dec 2007
Lots of Kuroneko =). Did Kyousuke just add another onto his harem list? xD
Nov 21, 2010 8:33 PM

Jul 2007
Hero_kun said:

That is a perfectly legitimate reason. Do not force your definition and value of what being a brother means on the author.

No, it's a cop out. No brother would ever go to these lengths, sacrificing his own self-respect and dignity for a spoiled cunt who believes the world revolves around her like Kirino. This series has broken all suspension of disbelief and is nothing more than some self-serving joke at this point.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 21, 2010 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
Splitter said:
Wasabi said:

*deep breath*

This is an ANIME. Of course anyone would be pissed off if they had a little sister like Kirino in real life.

Basically, it's the same thing as tsundere. If a RL tsundere hit me with a chair then I would freaking hit her back so applying real life situations in anime is stupid.

Now, back on the episode. I basically laughed on how Kuroneko <3 owned those producers and I just realized that this is how anime companies fuck the real manga or novel content by applying their own concept resulting on a total failure of some anime adaptations.

Also Kirino > Mashiro + Takagi

She had an anime adaptation in just two episodes.
Nov 21, 2010 8:41 PM

Nov 2007
-Quasar said:

/me drops Bakuman since it failed being an anime.
Coronavirus.
Nov 21, 2010 8:45 PM

Jul 2008
Kirino needs to be tied up in a sack, beaten, and thrown off a bridge.

Then I can forget my rage and just stare at Kuroneko and listen to Hanazawa Kana's glorious voice the way it was intended.
Nov 21, 2010 8:45 PM
Jul 2008
Boo, this episode was kinda boring. I hope it goes back to being awesome next week.
Nov 21, 2010 8:47 PM

May 2010

This is an ANIME. Of course anyone would be pissed off if they had a little sister like Kirino in real life.

Basically, it's the same thing as tsundere. If a RL tsundere hit me with a chair then I would freaking hit her back so applying real life situations in anime is stupid.

I concur. I don't know why people are comparing anime characters to real life. It's like comparing a teddy bear to a Care-Bear. IT MAKES NO SENSE. But yes, Kirino was pretty unbelievable in this episode in the sense that she believed that she would be able to make all the decisions. To me it's pretty ignorant and obnoxious, but that's her character so whatever. So to sum up, Kirino is pretty unbelievable as a little sister, but THAT'S THE POINT in an ANIME to make UNREALISTIC CHARACTERS. Seriously, looking for realism in an anime is looking for koala in Antarctica.
Nov 21, 2010 8:49 PM

Jul 2010
Holy hell... so many replies and it like JUST came out. o.O

Maugomale said:
This episode felt weird to me. Why? Because this is the first mention we have of Kyousuke hating his sister. The novel and manga treat it with him saying he hates her from the very beginning, yet in the anime, it was somehow toned down and never mentioned up until now. Too see him suddenly saying he hated her felt out of place considering the previous episodes.

I'm glad you mentioned that about the manga. I thought it was kinda ridiculous how he blurted out the "I hate her" comment. It just felt so against everything he's done up until. I thought he cared about his sister in a concern sort of way and really harbored no hatred, although I'm glad he does. She really deserves it. XD

-Quasar said:

She had an anime adaptation in just two episodes.
Omg, lmao. I was kind of thinking the same thing myself since I just watched the new episode of Bakuman.

Kirino's story actually DID sound interesting to me, too. But with all the fanservice and potential Yuri or little sister stuff she'd have there's no way I'd watch it. Anyways, I liked how the episode dealt with anime production and how they change the original novel/manga, etc. in an anime. It was interesting.

Other than that, Kuroneko was just pure win. I love her character so much. The only thing that bugs me with her (and EVERY girl character in this anime) is their eternal blushing. Seriously, when are they not blushing? And Kirino at the end there... wow. Please die. >_>
Nov 21, 2010 8:52 PM

Aug 2010
Well the anime thing came out of nowhere to me but I still enjoyed seeing them completely pick the original apart.
Nov 21, 2010 8:57 PM

Sep 2008
I find it ironic that this whole episode was bitching about how Anime Adaptation change things for the worst, Yet this very anime is product that.

Anime Kirino is fucking terrible, she literally has zero redeeming qualities and now has been turned into a massive Mary Sue. Guess I'll stick to the Manga and Light Novel Summaries
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 21, 2010 9:04 PM

Dec 2008
LOL Kirino haters xD ehy ive seen worse.
the people who like her probably like Tsuderes :D
Splitter said:

Just saying this but id do that for my sis even though shes a spoiled bitch. Family is Family and thats all there is to it.

If u dont like it dont watch it dude.. no ones forcing u.

---

Really short episode was ehh but ending

nice surprise for next epi :DD cant wait aha
Nov 21, 2010 9:05 PM
Dec 2007
BTW, the actual revelation they tried to convey with this episode is that Kyousuke hates Kirino, or rather is envious of her. In that perspective, saying that he helps her because he's her brother is implying that he feels empowered by the fact Kirino needs him. The fact she needs him means she's actually beneath her so he savors that feeling of superiority, consciously or not. Or so is what you would take from the whole episode.

Kuroneko was really jealous though, ten bucks say she wants a Kyou-chan of her own.

Nov 21, 2010 9:09 PM

Jul 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Kuroneko was really jealous though, ten bucks say she wants a Kyou-chan of her own.
It did seem like she was jealous, yes, but I was debating if she was jealous as in she likes Kyou, like you said, or if she was just jealous of Kirino for having a nice brother that would help her and bail her out if she needs it.
Nov 21, 2010 9:10 PM
Nov 2010
Day2Dream said:
Lots of Kuroneko =). Did Kyousuke just add another onto his harem list? xD

I agree with yuh did yuh see the way her eyes glossed over....OMG we need more Kuroneko and Kyousuke moments ahhh xD

that being said....
I think there's just a huge build-up around Kirino being mean and for all this being a bitch coming soon is gonna be hella payback and after she gets whts coming to her she's gonna change her ways.....

Wht did she mean by last life counseling oO

Oh and this episode was very weird and what a stupid anime idea and i think this was just another way to show us how "perfect" Kirino is...............
Nov 21, 2010 9:10 PM
Nov 2009
Kirino is such a fucking bitch, almost as bad Haruhi.
Nov 21, 2010 9:12 PM

Jun 2009
Kirino jsut pissed me off this ep her voice made me pause and skip till i seen thats she had quit talking at the meeting
Nov 21, 2010 9:24 PM

Sep 2008
Chacopal said:

Just saying this but id do that for my sis even though shes a spoiled bitch. Family is Family and thats all there is to it.

Not really, My Mother has a Brother and he's basically dead to the family, he was a giant cunt all his life and the entire family hasn't talk to him in about 40 years, heck we don't even know if he's alive anymore.

Family doesn't grant you immunity for being a cunt.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 21, 2010 9:24 PM
Jun 2010
This episode was so freaking boring... I hope the next one will be better.
Nov 21, 2010 9:27 PM

Sep 2007
I'm still waiting for some episode where some kind of drastic event happens and Kirino gets put in her place... preferably an event where Kyousuke just snaps and bitchslaps her.
Nov 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Mar 2010
Well, I've gone and read through most of your comments, and I'd have to say I agree with you. This episode seemed a little out of place. Don't get me wrong (or anyone else) it was still a good episode, but felt like we were watching something totally different. For instance, I could almost say that the entire episode was referenced to the actual manga of this show, and its whole process (hypothetically speaking) or possibly went totally off track into something resembling a filler. Because the entire episode had almost nothing to do with progress of the show itself. Kirino practically rambled on the entire episode. I could go on forever, but everyone's opinion sums up my own. Looking forward to the next.. !
Nov 21, 2010 9:31 PM
Nov 2010
Wasabi said:
I'm still waiting for some episode where some kind of drastic event happens and Kirino gets put in her place... preferably an event where Kyousuke just snaps and bitchslaps her.

Me 2 i knoOo its coming soon!!.....
But something tells meh like they gonna end the season wit Kirino learning a little lesson and leave the life changing lesson for like a second season cause we like on episode 8 now and no change so there's 4 episodes left 4 chances for Kirino to redeem herself good luck Aniki ~_~
Nov 21, 2010 9:35 PM

Mar 2010
Truly despicable.
We finally get to see Kirino getting put in her place and suddenly everything turns out to her favor, once again.What a load of bullshit.
Nov 21, 2010 9:37 PM

Oct 2007
boring ep, lack of comedy and random events.... the only saving grace of holding my attention is there is nothing else to do at work so it was marginally decent.
Nov 21, 2010 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:

Agree. I wonder why she keeps being so mean to her brother. He's so nice to her her O.o, yet she's always mistreating him. Anyways, Kuroneko rocks and so does Kyousuke ^.^
Nov 21, 2010 9:44 PM

Apr 2010
Jigero said:
Chacopal said:

Not really, My Mother has a Brother and he's basically dead to the family, he was a giant cunt all his life and the entire family hasn't talk to him in about 40 years, heck we don't even know if he's alive anymore.

Family doesn't grant you immunity for being a cunt.
Each family has it's circumstances and most family have there black sheep, people your better of avoiding.
Thing is you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.
Being a sibling myself i can understand why Kyousuke is going so far for his little sister i would go far for my siblings as well.
But i can also understand that your not talking to your uncle, i have a cousin who is a junk and attacked my uncle a while ago and i don't see him as family.
Family might be family but even family can go to far.

About this episode.
I thought Kirino was really behaving like a spoiled brat most of this episode, but like Kyousuke said she has everything going for her.
Personally i doubt she had any real hardships, which explains her behavior.
I don't think it would be so bad for her if things don't work out the way she planned, it would certainly be a good lesson to her.
Some people might say she is a bad character but she works hard to accomplish her goals and she is still young and has allot to learn.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 19, 2010

425 by QuirkyCK »»
Sep 20, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

364 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 18, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 18, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Oct 3, 2010

417 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 17, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Nov 7, 2010

400 by kochia »»
Jul 30, 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.