Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2016
Incredible battle. This kind of battle when both sites are equal or almost equal in number and capabilities are my favorite one, since each side show the best they have and its impossible to win with a single strategy. That's what made this battle so damn exciting... 5/5
Mar 23, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
Gotta love corridors in space.
Sep 1, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
I demand a shounen tag for this. Again alliance forces ignore logic and again nothing on their side was lost. Poor Fahrenheit, he did not deserve to die like this but his death also showed the burning passion he and others have for Reinhard as Kaiser.

PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 1, 2017 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
Comander-07 said:
PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.

Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
Sep 2, 2017 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
MagisterArcanum said:
Comander-07 said:

Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
MagisterArcanum said:
Comander-07 said:

still there is no reason the alliance should know it better. Also the overall scenario with the war looks a bit weird to me. Everything was focused around Iserlohn and before yang the alliance simply threw ships at it with no real plan..
Nov 22, 2017 7:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One more time, a nice battle strategy!!
Well, another character that died, Fahrenheit!!!
Feb 10, 2018 6:49 PM
Dec 2014
I expected Bittenfeld but Fahrenheit died instead.Rip Fahrenheit,Celsius please don't die too.
May 16, 2018 4:35 AM
Apr 2018
Prequel said:
So when it comes to Yang he can do any dishonest thing, but when it comes to Reinhard he must beat him rightfully. Now I understand Reinhard's ego, but when you deal with such an annoyance, whoever you are you WILL do what's neccesary to eliminate him.

Now a few episodes ago I've said that I hoped a bloody death for Yang's side, then until this episode I was exposed to "cuteness" of Yang's side, but as seen in this episode, they don't hold back when it comes to killing good, honest people. Now sure "that is war", but killing an annoyance dishonestly to get rid of his dishonesty is "also war". If I was Reinhard I would hang Yang first time we met. And I wouldn't have any regrets. I WOULD feel sorry, but I would not regret it. Because you are judged by what you do, not what you can do. Yang had every chance to change his opinion but he kept killing people and feeling "so-colled sorry" for them. That is hypocrite and deserves death.

I learned this life-lesson from... Dragon Age: Origins. There when everytime I forgave someone they would backstab me the moment I turned around and then I learned to kill them without mercy. When there's no law you simply have to react the same way you have been treated. Not an inch less. Killing a murderer. That is justice. Sometimes the saying "in war everything is fair" is really true. And you have to be prepared for it. That is why Griffith is above Reinhard in my favorites.

Reinhard could have stopped the war the moment he became Kaiser by he keeps killing out of greed and fun. He gets bored when he's not at war so he keeps doing it.

Yang is fighting for an idea and for the benefit of humanity, Reinhard just wants power for powers sake. He is the villain of the show. Despite what Yang says there are good people and had people and Reinhard is bad.

RIP Fahrenheit.

Sad to see him go. Given how similar his background is to Reinhard's isn't it strange that he fought against him and teamed with the noble families?

This how "Yang has plot armour" stuff is so tiresome. Being a better tactician is not plot armour. Bittenfeld and Fahrenheit's tactics were very good and we got to see them discuss it with each other in a great scene. They did very well and outsmarted Dusty and were incredibly close to killing Yang too, just like Reinhard nearly died before he was saved by Muller in the previous battle. I thought both admirals did very well but just weren't good enough.

Also they were attacking Yang from the Alliance side of the corridor so no, they wouldn't know it better than the Alliance.

Amazing episode and the battle I was able to follow and enjoy the most so far.

Power rankings:
1) The Empire. Took big loses and Fahrenheit died but they still have many more fleets.
2) Yang. Won the battle but they have such a small fleet they can't afford many more like it.
3) Rubinski
4) Earth Cult
5) El Facil. How exactly are they going to get to Iserhorn? Yang is going to have to save their stupid arses..
6) Goldenbalms.

MVP- Fahrenheit. Take a bow son.
Oct 31, 2018 5:35 PM
Apr 2018
I really liked the music that played during the battle, so far I the tunes have been subpar imo (meaning they don't fit each scene).

I would've preferred if Bittenfeld had died. He will only fall for Yang's tricks again and again.
Nov 9, 2018 3:21 AM

Feb 2017
SHOCK-WAVE DIMENSIONS!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Aug 2017
"I will give you a keepsake. It's your life. Live and meet the Kaiser. Don't die..."

Fahrenhait's last words were so touching ;_;
May 28, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Fahrenheit was one of the better admirals of the Imperial Army, character-wise too. Sad to see him gone
Sep 9, 2019 12:48 PM

Sep 2017
Saddest death in this whole anime. Fahrenheit's death shook me more than anyone else did. I couldn't help but shed tears at his death. And yes. Even considering the people who die in the next 10 episodes, Fahrenheit's death hits me the hardest.

Fahrenheit, a golden throne is awaiting your presence in Valhalla. May you live ever after as the greatest warrior and general of our generation

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 23, 2019 5:18 AM

Oct 2012
RIP Fahrenheit, I didn't expect him to die
It's all because of Bittenfeld :(

Kinda ironic how Admiral Merkatz outlive Fahrenheit
"Signature removed"
Jan 2, 2020 9:16 AM

Nov 2016
Caught myself cheering for Karin. Such a debut must be incredibly stressful.

Rip Fahrenheit. His death was really well done.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2020 7:31 PM

Jul 2019
Comander-07 said:
I demand a shounen tag for this. Again alliance forces ignore logic and again nothing on their side was lost. Poor Fahrenheit, he did not deserve to die like this but his death also showed the burning passion he and others have for Reinhard as Kaiser.

This battle was complete bullshit, I agree, but do you really believe this is a shounen series? Because it looks like you're watching LOGH for these silly space skirmishes instead of the dialogues and political intrigue. I hope you realize how dumb that sounds.

RIP Fahrenheit, he was pretty uninteresting, and while he did look smarter than the retarded nobles two seasons ago (who didn't) he never seemed to be actually useful. And here he died as an idiot. You know what? Fuck him, at least Bittenfeld has some charisma.
May 9, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
BrumaHobo said:
Comander-07 said:

This battle was complete bullshit, I agree, but do you really believe this is a shounen series? Because it looks like you're watching LOGH for these silly space skirmishes instead of the dialogues and political intrigue. I hope you realize how dumb that sounds.

RIP Fahrenheit, he was pretty uninteresting, and while he did look smarter than the retarded nobles two seasons ago (who didn't) he never seemed to be actually useful. And here he died as an idiot. You know what? Fuck him, at least Bittenfeld has some charisma.
Shounen armour definitely fits. And if shounen armour keeps the plot in line.. The "political intrigue" is not actually all that special and doesnt matter when it comes down to shounen armour deciding the outcome of wars.
May 9, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2019
Comander-07 said:
Shounen armour definitely fits. And if shounen armour keeps the plot in line.. The "political intrigue" is not actually all that special and doesnt matter when it comes down to shounen armour deciding the outcome of wars.

You're again missing the point of this series. Certain characters being outstanding tacticians is what's driving the plot, but it doesn't really matter if the tactics shown here are complete garbage (which unfortunately they are), the author's a historian who decided to write a novel chronicling the rise to power of some fictional historical figures, he didn't give a damn about tactical minutia.

It's perfectly fine if you don't care for what Tanaka was trying to tell, but please, don't embarrass yourself saying this is a shounen series.
May 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
You are again mssing the point of what I wrote.

Pls dont embarrass yourself showing your clear lack of understanding of the english language. If you would possess the ability to think you would know what a hyperbole is. If the author is bad at writing tacticts, the author shouldnt act as if he knew what he was doing. If battles which are actually the main part of this show believe it or not are decided by shounen levels of plot armour you might as well leave them out entirely, or atleast dont try to present them in a way which creates the illusion of any tactical depth.

Inherently what an author is trying to write is utterly irrelevant to the resulting product.

Be a shounen level fanboy somewhere else. Goodbye.
May 10, 2020 11:04 AM

Sep 2014

Pls dont embarrass yourself showing your clear lack of understanding of the english language. If you would possess the ability to think you would know what a hyperbole is. If the author is bad at writing tacticts, the author shouldnt act as if he knew what he was doing. If battles which are actually the main part of this show believe it or not are decided by shounen levels of plot armour you might as well leave them out entirely, or atleast dont try to present them in a way which creates the illusion of any tactical depth.

Inherently what an author is trying to write is utterly irrelevant to the resulting product.

May 10, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2014

May 10, 2020 11:05 AM

Sep 2014

May 10, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2014

May 10, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2014

Dec 22, 2020 9:14 PM
Jun 2017
The second death flag to fly at half mast is again an imperial one. F for Admiral Fahrenheit. Though he didn't have much protagonism, he did seem to be a reasonable commander and a capable warrior.

And so it falls the first of the Imperial Admirals. I wonder if anyone from the Yang's side will fall too.
Feb 5, 2021 4:47 PM

Oct 2016
Take out those damn columns from your damn ships you fools.
Sep 3, 2021 8:00 PM

Dec 2018
yeah this show is getting a 1 from me from now on.
these admirals are idiots for no damn reason, except for plot
yang isn't a genius, the writer just lowers the IQ of his opponents by 50 points but only when they're against him
Nov 1, 2021 5:24 AM

Jul 2016
Rayl1ght said:
RIP Fahrenheit, I didn't expect him to die
It's all because of Bittenfeld :(

Kinda ironic how Admiral Merkatz outlive Fahrenheit

It was his own fault for going into the corridor as well.
Mar 10, 2022 11:59 AM

Dec 2021
Bittenfield is like the drunk driver that causes the road rage accident , and everybody dies excelt him

Rip to Fahrenheit :(
Jun 14, 2022 6:08 PM

Dec 2007
i said it before, i will say it again.
LOGTH have the annoyance to make you like yang one episode, but hate him in the other one.
i do not care where he's pulling his strategic plans and anticipating almost every action of the enemy, i care about that in non-battle stories he's goody-good man that care about not killing people because it's destroys life, families and such. but when it comes to battle he doesn't have some pity plan that just might let the enemy surrender (there's lot of examples of them, i believe kircheis and reinhard had used those kind of strategies in the past). no, he will send full-pledges attack to eliminate all the fleet ships. without any consideration of how many people he might kill whatsoever.
in the battle on the alliance territory even though reinhard knew it would be useless to try negotiate becock, he still did it on hilda's suggestion.
yang doesn't think of it even for a second, he just wants to blow off every ship, doesn't even think of "strategic win" - common when one winning strategically to ask the other to surrender. but no, yang needs to beat them all. and his strategies are bloody as hell.

summary - i like yang as a person, not as soldier in battles. in battles i'm withe the empire tactics who seems faire and honest.
farheneirt shouldn't have been dead honestly. why the good guys are dropping dead and not bittnefiled? i actually kinda like farheneit. he was with us for long time.

and you know what? with farheneit dying scene i felt that LOGTH anime itself is in favour for farheneit.

another thing i can't understand is, why the hell when you wander too off from the corridor the ships blow off? what kind of space they have?

but apart from all the complains, this episode was fairly good.
it's just shows though that even masterpiece anime needs to make bad things, so we will like their good sides. in LOGTH it's just screams to the sky it's qualities.
Jun 21, 2022 5:51 PM
Oct 2018
User-Name said:
LOGTH have the annoyance to make you like yang one episode, but hate him in the other one.
i do not care where he's pulling his strategic plans and anticipating almost every action of the enemy, i care about that in non-battle stories he's goody-good man that care about not killing people because it's destroys life, families and such. but when it comes to battle he doesn't have some pity plan that just might let the enemy surrender (there's lot of examples of them, i believe kircheis and reinhard had used those kind of strategies in the past). no, he will send full-pledges attack to eliminate all the fleet ships. without any consideration of how many people he might kill whatsoever.
in the battle on the alliance territory even though reinhard knew it would be useless to try negotiate becock, he still did it on hilda's suggestion.
yang doesn't think of it even for a second, he just wants to blow off every ship, doesn't even think of "strategic win" - common when one winning strategically to ask the other to surrender. but no, yang needs to beat them all. and his strategies are bloody as hell.

summary - i like yang as a person, not as soldier in battles. in battles i'm withe the empire tactics who seems faire and honest.
farheneirt shouldn't have been dead honestly. why the good guys are dropping dead and not bittnefiled? i actually kinda like farheneit. he was with us for long time.

and you know what? with farheneit dying scene i felt that LOGTH anime itself is in favour for farheneit.

another thing i can't understand is, why the hell when you wander too off from the corridor the ships blow off? what kind of space they have?

it's just shows though that even masterpiece anime needs to make bad things, so we will like their good sides. in LOGTH it's just screams to the sky it's qualities.

use your brain dude. what can yang do to make them surrender? These are two satellite forces that are a minority of a major force that is approaching rapidly. if he offered surrender to fahrenheit and bittenfeld they would just "accept it" and then in 2 days when reinhard arrives they will go wild. operationally, how will yang control the two satellite fleets in surrender while simultaneously planning how to take out a massive force of reinhard approaching rapidly? yang is not backed by some large government or supporting fleets like he was in the alliance times. it's literally just yangs fleet. they would have to negotiate and enforce the terms and logistics of surrender themselves. doing so would waste time and only expose his fleet to even more risk. it is logistically and tactically impossible. the enemy is aware of their massive numerical advantage and still charged into a reckless assault, which is basically what is considered a "throw" tactically and yang capitalized on it, but is still in an oppressive disadvantageous position.

reinhard was not going to offer surrender and even said "why should I offer surrender what I EARNED MY WIN" and hilda told him to stop being a dick. so after destroying 95% of the enemy fleet he offered surrender. woop di doo. yang has a considerably better track record of being honorable seeing as how reinhard is only alive because yangs fleet didnt blow his ship to smithereens due to the fortunate timing of the peace treaty from the alliance government.
aboosejpJun 21, 2022 5:55 PM
Jun 21, 2022 6:13 PM

Dec 2007
aboosejp said:
User-Name said:

use your brain dude. what can yang do to make them surrender? These are two satellite forces that are a minority of a major force that is approaching rapidly. if he offered surrender to fahrenheit and bittenfeld they would just "accept it" and then in 2 days when reinhard arrives they will go wild. operationally, how will yang control the two satellite fleets in surrender while simultaneously planning how to take out a massive force of reinhard approaching rapidly? yang is not backed by some large government or supporting fleets like he was in the alliance times. it's literally just yangs fleet. they would have to negotiate and enforce the terms and logistics of surrender themselves. doing so would waste time and only expose his fleet to even more risk. it is logistically and tactically impossible. the enemy is aware of their massive numerical advantage and still charged into a reckless assault, which is basically what is considered a "throw" tactically and yang capitalized on it, but is still in an oppressive disadvantageous position.

reinhard was not going to offer surrender and even said "why should I offer surrender what I EARNED MY WIN" and hilda told him to stop being a dick. so after destroying 95% of the enemy fleet he offered surrender. woop di doo. yang has a considerably better track record of being honorable seeing as how reinhard is only alive because yangs fleet didnt blow his ship to smithereens due to the fortunate timing of the peace treaty from the alliance government.
i'm using my brain fine man, there's not need to use bad language.

yang knew at the start he was in disadvantage by forces numbers, so deciding using cheap tricks are find by any military commander.
my problem is the amount of people getting killed. thinking tactically reducing the enemy's numbers is fine. but yang just showed himself that he doesn't like killing lots of people.
in wars there's much better plans to win the enemy than this, if yang would'v cared for the numbers of widows but still care to win the war, yang could'v take only the admiral's life. just like in chess.
moreover, the fact that every war is reducing yang's fleets number, which is already small, wouldn't make you think "i would eliminate larger forces with a few numbers". that's why i'm calling yang's strategies too much out of the hat.
moreover, when yang is in the verge of winning, he can offer a withdraw from the war. when you win large forces by tactics and not by numbers, you can make that kind of claim. but no, yang doesn't even thinks about it. never mind if the empire would decline or no. that's why i brought reinhard and becock example. reinhard knew he wouldn't give up, but still offered surrender. while yang is just mercilessly wins the war by eliminating the enemy, than using tactic wins.

abut yang not killing reinhard at the vermilion battle. i believe he explained he was terrified of that thought in some episode.

the next spoiler isn't that spoiler, but just for the rules it will be in tag:
User-NameJun 21, 2022 6:19 PM
Jul 27, 2022 8:33 PM
Jun 2022
RIP Fahrenheit. He was not the best admiral under Reinhardt, but was still leagues ahead of most admirals. Great way to go btw.

So far 3rd season is the best, not only in political drama, but also in space battles, both Mar Adetta and this were EPIC, with competent strategies from both sides. The Battle for Isehorn has the potential to topple the GOAT of this series (Amlitzer). Let’s see how it goes…
Dec 13, 2022 1:48 PM

May 2018
rip Farenheit T_T he was a good lad with a better personality than Bitterfield T_T
Jan 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Aug 2018
It seems that Bitterfield couldn't hold it anymore and decided to attempt to claim all the glory, but it all ended in massive blunder, ofcourse a lot of credit from the alliance side goes to Yang for this and Merkatz should not be forgotten.

The result of the battle was Farenheit stepping in to save Bitterfield's ass and losing his own life in progress,  The losses of fleet so far don't feel that major but still its a failure from the offensive side.

I feel bad for Merkatz, he definitely is sad after seeing his student and close friend dying first out of all high ranking people in empire during this battle, but thrilling episode overall.
Mar 9, 2023 3:07 AM

Jul 2017
rip Fahrenheit, you will be missed.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Jul 3, 2023 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 16, 2023 6:45 PM

Aug 2020
*proceeds to close the spaceships all together right after getting a C formation lock*

"WOW! Yang Wenli is truly a genius! He closed my entire fleet with half of our numbers!"

Yeah, right.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

69 by Safrichh »»
May 29, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

605 by ryzxgum »»
May 29, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 106 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

91 by ryzxgum »»
May 28, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 6, 2008

82 by ryzxgum »»
May 27, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 6, 2008

58 by ryzxgum »»
May 27, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.