Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2010 3:25 PM

Jun 2010
recaps can't be helped when the manga isn't far ahead... its a shame but its something we have to accept!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Jul 28, 2010 7:53 PM

Sep 2009
OK SO WHAT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD ABOUT THE RECAPS was that it re-invokes that feeling of dread after not watching it for a week, reminding us just how serious things are. But really, recaps for nearly half of the episode when we've hardly started...yeah, a bit much.

Rei was awesomely useful, digging through corpses fearlessly for bullets while Takashi stands there all agape. I feel like we're getting some character development here~ (Then again, she got molested like 5 minutes later so...)

Next episode...I want it now.

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Jul 28, 2010 7:59 PM

Feb 2009
rarri said:
The recap was just 5 and a half minutes guys, stop whining.
It was over in a flash, and did a nice job of being a setup for the rest of the episode if you ask me.
This person speaks the truth.
Jul 28, 2010 10:54 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, the recap isn't that bad. Using my stopwatch I timed the amount of recap there was. Give or take a couple seconds just under 5 minutes. so let's say the episode is 23 minutes. 3 minutes are Opening and Ending so 20 minutes. 5 Minutes of recap that is only 1/4th of the episode. Not bad. They just make it seem longer by having a minute and a half of recap, followed by a minute and a half of new material. By alternating like that, the last recap ends just before the 10th minute.

Anyways, I really liked this episode, as people have said, this isn't a zombie killing anime it's a survival anime in a zombie apocalypse. The episode does a great job at contrasting humans and zombies based on how we act, both are very similar. The rapist was basically a zombie in that he no longer followed logic and reason but instead simply did what he wanted at others expenses, exactly what the zombies do. The episode also gets the viewers questioning how would I act in a zombie apocalypse. Would I do what I could to satisfy myself, do I maintain my morals and values even if no one is around to be effected by them. It's this closer analysis of Human behavior which I find some interesting about this show, not only that I feel Highschool of the Dead does a better job at this comparison and questioning of behavior than most other Zombie entertainment.

My only real qualms about this episode is that the recap animation was all rehashed, fresh animations of different angles of scenarios would be cool, but when does that ever happen. Also I felt like there was little progress done as far as plot.

Great episode 4/5 I liked it! Can't wait for episode 5 and to see where this series goes!
Darkmage530Jul 28, 2010 11:02 PM
Jul 29, 2010 1:08 AM

Jul 2008
recap wasn't too bad, and besides we get to see someone get shot, i guess u can count that as a bonus
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 29, 2010 1:34 AM

Jun 2008
Kicco said:
Recapp already. not impressed

Yeah that was disappointing.
Jul 29, 2010 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
What the hell? Is Madhouse losing their resources or something? Too many scenes lifted from earlier episodes, it looked like they were trying to save money... It's funny that the plot takes itself so seriously... But this episode was okay overall.
Jul 29, 2010 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
How many episodes is this gonna be if they already put a recap in episode 4?
Jul 29, 2010 12:33 PM

Jul 2009
Didn't really like this episode, TBH. Recap was ... well, okay I suppose, but I just found this episode really boring. It made me like Rei and Takashi less, actually. Suddenly Rei is useless (she totally could have escaped, killing zombies and everything) and "runs" like she walks. Takashi killing that guy didn't really do it for me either. Oh well, I suppose every anime has their bad episodes. Hope the next one will be better, though
On a side note, liked the ED and the plane flying around taking pictures :P
Jul 29, 2010 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
Was it really necessary to make a 9 minutes recap after just 3 episodes ? :(
The rest of the episode was decent, but i still have the feeling it's too slow-paced compared to the manga...
Jul 29, 2010 2:34 PM
Mar 2008
Ehh... I see that the producers are pretty lazy. Everything that happened in this episode was some guy fondling Rei's boobs... and on top of that, it was censored. Hope the next one will be better.
------
Jul 30, 2010 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
Dude that gun shot was so close to Rei's ear that she should be able to hear out of it for at least a week. And plus that must hurt.
Jul 30, 2010 3:32 AM

Apr 2009
Ahohime said:
How many episodes is this gonna be if they already put a recap in episode 4?

Since it's one chapter = one episode so far, and the manga is currently at 26 chapters or so, we can always hope for it being 24-26 eps.
Jul 30, 2010 3:44 AM
Jun 2008
I wonder what happen to the molester after he has been shot.I hope he will show up again and revenge ^^
Jul 30, 2010 3:45 AM

Apr 2008
MorningGlory said:
I wonder what happen to the molester after he has been shot.I hope he will show up again and revenge ^^

uh hello didn't you watch after the credits? HE WAS EATEN AND TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE
Jul 30, 2010 3:47 AM
Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
MorningGlory said:

uh hello didn't you watch after the credits? HE WAS EATEN AND TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE
there goes for my hope LOL
Jul 30, 2010 3:51 AM

Apr 2008
it was obvious that was what was going to happen to him. I mean think of all the noise they made plus the fact that he couldn't get up from the pain.
Jul 30, 2010 3:57 AM
Jun 2008
If he was the protagonist of this show,a bullet/zombie won't even harm him =P
Yeah..its obvious that he will die .
Jul 30, 2010 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
Come on. Face it, recap is never good.

Too bad that they omitted that part where that baseball bat guy shows evil laughter when bashing that cash thing.
Jul 30, 2010 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
Recap for like half the episode. :/ But the rest was okay. Though Rei pissed me off though. "You're the worst." WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NOT HAVING MONEY IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC FUCKING WORLD! -_-;

Though Takashi was a bad ass though when he took care of the groper guy.

And I got a slight LOL outta the name of the gas station. "Shawn"
Jul 30, 2010 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
Lepchin17 said:
Recap for like half the episode. :/ But the rest was okay. Though Rei pissed me off though. "You're the worst." WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NOT HAVING MONEY IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC FUCKING WORLD! -_-;

Though Takashi was a bad ass though when he took care of the groper guy.

And I got a slight LOL outta the name of the gas station. "Shawn"

Shaun
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 30, 2010 4:02 PM

Apr 2010
half of the episode: 5 minutes.
Jul 30, 2010 7:12 PM

May 2010
boooo recap. but it's pretty much following the manga exactly so...bleh.
Jul 30, 2010 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
Woot Inada Testsu (Kurogane - Tsubasa Chronicles, Ioryogi - Kobato)!
He's got two guest voices this season.
Jul 30, 2010 7:49 PM

Feb 2009
akuma2002 said:
The rest of the episode was decent, but i still have the feeling it's too slow-paced compared to the manga...

Umm, how can it be slow-paced compared to the manga when it is basically following the manga to a T? It's almost exactly the same.
Jul 30, 2010 7:55 PM

Sep 2008
akuma2002 said:

Recap was 5 minutes. FIVE MINTUES.

And apparently, 5 is now half of 20 (minus the 3~ minutes for intro and ending)...according to many of the people who posted in this topic.
---

Hmm...
Jul 30, 2010 11:57 PM

Jan 2010
I'm glad they made a recap episode 4 EPISODES IN as i am a bumbling retard.
Jul 31, 2010 7:00 AM

Nov 2007
I dislike recap at the best of times, but four episodes in is just infuriating. How patronising can they get. Oh well, this sort of practice seems to be the norm with the industry these days, which is why I spend far less on DVDs than I used to. I won't reward them for this kind of behaviour.
Jul 31, 2010 10:04 AM

May 2010
The Recap was boring but after that it was okay, I'm glad Takashi shot that ass and I can't wait until the next episode comes out :D
Jul 31, 2010 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
This was the most boring episode so far.
Aug 1, 2010 4:35 AM

May 2010
Can someone help me choose? Since coalguys drop HotD after episode 2, I'm having problem on choosing a new subber, I want a subber which is similar to coalguys subs, any suggestions?

Aug 1, 2010 4:38 AM

Mar 2009
HiraiKirishima said:
Can someone help me choose? Since coalguys drop HotD after episode 2, I'm having problem on choosing a new subber, I want a subber which is similar to coalguys subs, any suggestions?

GG and TMD are good. Better than Coalguys for me
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 1, 2010 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
I'm beginning to hate Rei more and more. She treats Takashi like a dog and he's just pathetic for still liking her (even though he's badass). Other than that, the series has good progression and zombies.
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Aug 1, 2010 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
kodial said:
HiraiKirishima said:
I'd choose GG every time if I could. : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 1, 2010 3:58 PM

Jan 2010
Half recap, half rape.

Anywayssss, another Shaun reference this week?
Oh, and "my girl" was cute.

P.S.- As a girl, I actually like Rei. She can fight well. And the people who think she's annoying are starting to get annoying themselves.

Lepchin17 said:
Though Rei pissed me off though. "You're the worst." WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NOT HAVING MONEY IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC FUCKING WORLD! -_-;

It's weird how from her comment, you're thinking that Rei pissed you off.. but when he replied to her comment, Takashi was the one who pissed me off. What gives him the right to bring up her dead boyfriend?
deadaccount0000Aug 1, 2010 4:07 PM
Aug 1, 2010 6:09 PM
Apr 2010
Poor Guy...he only wanted some P#@$y >.<
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 1, 2010 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
recap at episode 4, what do they think everyone has alzheimers?

despite being my most anticipated anime every week, i knew this show would not be able to keep up the momentum and awesomeness of the first episode as it is steadily getting worse by the episode, but it is still my favorite series this summer thus far.
Aug 1, 2010 8:18 PM
Oct 2009
I would rather watch episode 1 through 3 again than this episode. This episode is a total failure.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Aug 2, 2010 6:14 AM
Nov 2009
Will anyone actually see this comment?

Aug 2, 2010 7:00 AM

May 2010
darkzero92 said:
It was good to much recap the only part I hated was at the gas station and all you saw was a blue flashing light when the Thug grabed Rei's chest was rly annyoing to the eye to see a bright flash out of no where and like half her face was covered lol

Shit I really Hate That part, what a fuckin part, Shit I feel really bad for Rei, Shit I want to kill that man!

Aug 2, 2010 7:07 AM

May 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
Half recap, half rape.

P.S.- As a girl, I actually like Rei. She can fight well. And the people who think she's annoying are starting to get annoying themselves.

Lepchin17 said:
Though Rei pissed me off though. "You're the worst." WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NOT HAVING MONEY IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC FUCKING WORLD! -_-;

It's weird how from her comment, you're thinking that Rei pissed you off.. but when he replied to her comment, Takashi was the one who pissed me off. What gives him the right to bring up her dead boyfriend?

Well If you Nicoliolipoli Hate Takashi and you Lepchin17 Hate Rei... Me I hate that man at the gas station, shit If only I can get inside the video I'll prevent that irritating scene from happening shit! I really feel bad for Rei! Shit Shit Shit!! This Episode Is a failure to me!

Aug 2, 2010 7:09 AM

May 2010
Oosran said:
kodial said:
HiraiKirishima said:
I'd choose GG every time if I could. : p

Arigatou! I'll choose TMD from now on

Aug 2, 2010 7:16 AM

May 2010
chinoman said:
recap was unexpected. kinda letdown by it. but i guess they put it there since there was not much going on in that chapter of the manga.

and really? they censor groping? clothed groping?

ahhhh, hope next week's episode is better. honestly not impressed with this one.

I really didn't want the groping scene but the episode I watched is uncensored, I really feel bad for Rei, I wanna Kill That man personally.

Aug 2, 2010 8:32 AM

Jan 2010
recap after only 3 episodes???come on -_-

but it was still a great episode...i kinda felt pity for that guy,but he was a jerk :-(

did someone notice that the gas station's name was "Shaun"? xD
also the teacher is a pedo...

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 2, 2010 10:14 AM
Jul 2010
clannad4ever said:
also the teacher is a pedo...

5/5
No, he's not...
Aug 2, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2007
Terrible episode. No likable characters. And the molestation scene was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Groping from an enemy as fanservice? Pretty disgusting. Gonna drop this if it gets any more shitty.
olivesandwaxAug 2, 2010 11:01 AM
Aug 2, 2010 4:40 PM

Apr 2009
And here I thought they were actually going to get on that plane.
Heh.
Aug 2, 2010 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
Half recap, half rape.

Lepchin17 said:

Granted yeah that's kind of a dick move by Takashi. But Rei isn't exactly pure and innocent either. Remember in the first episode after Hisashi turned into a zombie and Takashi had to kill him? Rei even said that she thought that he killed him because he was jealous that Hisashi was her boyfriend. When really, he killed him to save their lives. Throughout the first few episodes Takashi has saved her life at least 2-4 times by now and she STILL says crap like that like an ungrateful bitch. So in a way, I can see why Takashi would explode and yell at Rei.
Aug 3, 2010 5:35 AM

May 2010
Lepchin said:
nicoliolipoli said:
Half recap, half rape.

Lepchin17 said:

Granted yeah that's kind of a dick move by Takashi. But Rei isn't exactly pure and innocent either. Remember in the first episode after Hisashi turned into a zombie and Takashi had to kill him? Rei even said that she thought that he killed him because he was jealous that Hisashi was her boyfriend. When really, he killed him to save their lives. Throughout the first few episodes Takashi has saved her life at least 2-4 times by now and she STILL says crap like that like an ungrateful bitch. So in a way, I can see why Takashi would explode and yell at Rei.

You're really have a point there, but I still hate the part where that fucking man groping Rei, It's too Moe It hurts!

Aug 3, 2010 5:39 AM

May 2010
bwahahachick said:
Terrible episode. No likable characters. And the molestation scene was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Groping from an enemy as fanservice? Pretty disgusting. Gonna drop this if it gets any more shitty.

Yeah pretty disgusting, but if the one doing that to Rei is Takashi, I wouldn't mind, but that man, disgusting! Well also gonna drop it if there are still disgusting scenes on the future episodes.

Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

33 by salmoi »»
Yesterday, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

492 by abisse »»
Jun 15, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.