Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 24, 2010 8:05 PM
Jul 2010
THANK YOU!!!!!! naruto is completely inferior to the One Piece in every aspect
HollywoodJustice said:
AssesOfFire said:
Damn, I only have like 5 days to read 397 chapters of Naruto... I'm going to have to take some personal days.
Instead of wasting your last 5 days on the likes of Naruto, read something that's actually good, like One Piece.
completly inferior to the One pIece in every aspect
Jul 24, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
hechec said:
I dont see manga fox lasting long because if the official letter posted by the publishers along with mangatoshokan and one manga, manga fox was cited as one of the big time violators, so I dont think they will allow manga fox to keep operating unless they do a server jump to a country they cant be touched in

Mangafox is based in China. And we all know how they view property rights...
*cough*http://www.techi.com/2010/05/iped-launches-for-105-in-china-runs-on-android/*cough*

It's unlikely that they'll actually get shut down unless for some reason they run afoul of the Chinese government. Not saying it couldn't happen, but since the Chinese don't crack down on the copy markets, I really don't see them cracking down on this.
SkarphedinJul 24, 2010 8:26 PM
Jul 24, 2010 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
belatkuro said:

OneManga shutting down leaves me in despair.

damn the worlds gone mad

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 24, 2010 8:31 PM

Apr 2008
pinopanosh said:
well gotta get back to irc and downloading via scanlator sites then or smth..

expect incoming zerge of idiots that dont know how to use XDCC
Jul 24, 2010 8:47 PM

Jul 2010
lol there will be other websites... if you havn't notice not everyone cars about the law... people will always scan manga. It's exactly like pirating... they're gonna do it anyway :D

Jul 24, 2010 9:01 PM

Aug 2009
Fuuuuuuuuuck, I know there's other sites (like the hideous MangaFox) but still. OneManga was perfect.
Jul 24, 2010 9:07 PM
Jul 2010
aww... so horrible......
Jul 24, 2010 9:45 PM

Apr 2010
Well this is disappointing. OM was great, but I still have 1000manga, MangaFox and MangaVolume to use.

Jul 24, 2010 9:53 PM

Dec 2009
DARN IT!!
Jul 24, 2010 10:05 PM

Oct 2009
OH NOES NOW ITS HARDER TO GET FREE MANGA AND STEAL FROM THE CREATORS OMG WTF
Jul 24, 2010 10:10 PM

Mar 2010
Sad. I'll miss getting updates and reading manga from my phone. Guess I have to try and remember how to use mIRC.

Jul 24, 2010 10:45 PM

Aug 2007
kkslider5552000 said:
sweetbunny34 said:
Ripper said:
tottaly serious. manga is worldwide business because scanlators exist. ten years ago it was impossible to buy manga
o wow... just wow

a perfect example of why entitlementfags and their blatant excuses should be raped. Anyone that believes that the internet has any relevence to popularity in real life outside of maybe horrible memes doesn't live in the real world anyway.

I found another site by using google search for like 30 seconds so this is a non-issue anyway.

Justin Bieber started on youtube. The internet has relevance to popularity. Quit lying to yourself.

Fai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Backup89 said:
I knew this was going to happen, so I've been downloading manga like crazy.
http://mangaripper.wordpress.com/mangarippers/onemangaripper/
Download as much manga as you can :

But Onemanga scans are shit quality. Just DL everything from Mangatraders.

Or you know, form the channels/websites/trackers of actual scanlators, successfully bypassing the ad-revenue-driven greedy "online manga hosting" business.

Not all scanlations are available on scanlator sites. Especially dead groups.
Jul 24, 2010 11:03 PM

May 2009
yun90 said:
belatkuro said:

Me too ;_; Last hope is Mangafox...

i agree.. =.=
Jul 24, 2010 11:27 PM

Jun 2009
Aww... I used to go to OneManga before I switched to MangaFox. D: If all the manga sites get taken down... how will I read my manga? I don't have the money and what if I don't like it after I buy it?
Jul 25, 2010 12:45 AM

Aug 2009
It's sad but they have to the right(legal) thing...
I'm happy they are nice people...
(Maybe somehow somewhere, a clone site might emerge, you never know :smirk:)
Jul 25, 2010 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
i'm soooooooooo upset!!
Jul 25, 2010 1:59 AM
Nov 2008
hechec said:
Its a shame an era is dieing, but its also bad on the publishers part I understand they need someone to blame for low sales but realistically if they were to release half of the manga that is only avalible in Japan this wouldnt be an issue. I understand sales, money and so forth but a majority of people got hooked on Manga because of sites like one manga, I purchase manga all the time but I got into manga because of one manga, if I read a story I liked I purchased it in stores if I could find it. They are only hurting themselves by forcing many of these sites to shut down, Mangatoshokan changed to Mahwa, One manga is changing business model, but what type of model without violating copy right. it just a shame the publishers are forcing the closers without providing any substituion for the manga we are losing, i dont know japanese and do not live in japan, how are we to access manga that may never reach the US, There is manga in Japan at volume 10 while here in the US we are only up to volume 2, they are stupid for niot thinking this through they wants fans to buy manga but dont publish and release on the same scale for the US, they get volume 10 of a good series meanwhile we wait and wait for a volume 3 maybe 6 to 12 months. Its a shame, damm shame

DAMN U ARE SOO RIGHT T.T
Jul 25, 2010 3:20 AM

Dec 2009
I get the part about the publishes getting no profits, but it's just sad that OneManga has to go. It's a really neat site, and if something as great as it has to go, why don't the others, too? I know it's bad for manga readers, but really, where's the equity in this? They should have closed up the other sites instead, especially those with a whole lot worse formatting that don't do the manga justice at all. D:
Jul 25, 2010 4:43 AM
Mar 2009
belatkuro said:

I don't have one.
Jul 25, 2010 4:50 AM
Jul 2010
Another fight againts WindMill's, If they close It, someone Opens another, and another, and another, this chain never ends, so this fight is pointless.
Jul 25, 2010 5:00 AM
Apr 2009
Akamitsu said:
Well this is disappointing. OM was great, but I still have 1000manga, MangaFox and MangaVolume to use.

uhhh, 1000manga is a subsite of onemanga, they say they are closing it as well... ;) you know, just to make you feel even happier... :P
Jul 25, 2010 5:47 AM

May 2010
oh shit!!now i have to use Mangafox...but if Mangafox also shut down ..i'll jump from a very very high building D:< and then die!!..
lol but seriously ....Onemanga is a great great great site...it is where i started reading manga : (..Damn perhaps 2012 really do exist.. D:
Jul 25, 2010 6:18 AM

Aug 2009
Damn it... I was so upset when I received the e-mail from my friend with the news...

Now I'll have to read portuguese and spanish scans... Even then, the more obscure series are usually only in English... Don't they understand that the online scanlations were their main source of publicity? Many people buy the mangas they read online if it's available in their country =/
Jul 25, 2010 7:22 AM

Jan 2009

greedy people! they killed OneManga

Jul 25, 2010 7:59 AM

Oct 2007
Good.

Maybe people will actually go out and buy manga now.

LOL as if. Cheapskates.
You can find me on IRC.
Jul 25, 2010 8:23 AM

Mar 2009
Kuyukly said:
Good.

LOL as if. Cheapskates.

Go buy manga from where? Not everyone lives in USA or other countries that could have licensed a couple of them. And please, don't tell me to buy them online cause I don't trust the net enough to do that. If I have to buy from the net because they don't sell anime/manga in my country, i'm better off downloading or reading online. If they want me to buy their manga, they should open up store here too or fuck off.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 25, 2010 8:52 AM
Jul 2010
pffft. oh well. goodluck with that.
Jul 25, 2010 11:38 AM
Feb 2010
OH WELL ONEMANGA YOU WIN SOME YOU LOSE SOME (NEVER REALLY READ ANY MANGA FROM THEM ONLY IF IT WAS COMPLETE LED MANGA)

Jul 25, 2010 1:20 PM

Sep 2009
Ripper said:
the internet is already in the real world get used to it, and i don´t have facebook, hi5 or some other shitty social thing. and i guess you never tried to buy manga 10 years ago.

I still have some kickass gundam and dragon ball Z manga from when was like 9 or 10.
And I live in a small town that has no giant outlets of any type.

So your example is a clear fail.
Fail harder.
Jul 25, 2010 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
kodial said:
Kuyukly said:
Good.

LOL as if. Cheapskates.

Go buy manga from where? Not everyone lives in USA or other countries that could have licensed a couple of them. And please, don't tell me to buy them online cause I don't trust the net enough to do that. If I have to buy from the net because they don't sell anime/manga in my country, i'm better off downloading or reading online. If they want me to buy their manga, they should open up store here too or fuck off.

OOOOOOORRR
They can support new ventures like OpenManga.
But the thing is....they won't. The fact is they want it free, and SOMETHING will be used to justify them not paying no matter what.
Jul 25, 2010 1:23 PM

Sep 2009
TEWG said:
Aww... I used to go to OneManga before I switched to MangaFox. D: If all the manga sites get taken down... how will I read my manga? I don't have the money and what if I don't like it after I buy it?

Trust in Google.

I mean no offence by this.
But in the age of piracy everything is available, but if you can't find it yourself you don't deserve to have it.
Jul 25, 2010 2:09 PM

Apr 2010
OneManga was the best. I'll just be a lil bit less convenient getting all them mangas.
Jul 25, 2010 2:26 PM

Apr 2010
belatkuro said:

Haha Zetsubou shitta!
Jul 25, 2010 3:39 PM

Apr 2010
I figured this out already.

Jul 25, 2010 4:19 PM

Nov 2009
That sucks...
Jul 25, 2010 5:22 PM

Oct 2007
fertygo said:
Onemanga is popular enough to make a news in japanese site ?
waw

Exactly my thought. xD

swagoon said:
lol dont worry too much,... ill bet there will be other onemanga similar site coming in the future

there already are like 100 other sites ... just google

OneManga is a toilet site, who cares about it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2010 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Arariel said:
Onemanga is WEAK! Like they didnt know that what they are doing is illegal

THIS IS HOW I FEEL! D:
Pansy quiters. =_=
I don't see why they at LEAST keep up non-licensed manga.
Psh.
Jul 25, 2010 6:13 PM

Oct 2008
NightGaze said:
Psh.

So manga being published in Japan first doesn't neccesarily count as "licensed" manga?
Jul 25, 2010 6:16 PM

Sep 2009
Hypeathon said:
NightGaze said:
Psh.

So manga being published in Japan first doesn't neccesarily count as "licensed" manga?

Technically, no. Technically yes.
As it's the internet, its a grey zone.

Being licensed TECHNICALLY means that a company or corporation or person owns the rights to distribute in the region. Our region being north America. And since once manga is based in north america, and nobody owns the rights to it....its TECHNICALLY unlicensed.

If I'm wrong on that, or if someone can explain it more clearly then I did, please correct me.
Jul 25, 2010 6:18 PM

Jul 2009
hechec said:
It makes me laugh good sites like one manga get shut down meanwhile virus central manga fox is still up and running and adding series, can we see there is something wrong with this. One manga we didnt have to deal with the 1000 videos and talking ads loaded with viruses, it a bad day when Manga fox is allowed to remain while OM is killed off

Uuugh. I hate those talking ads. =__= Onemanga was the only site I've found so far that didn't have those!
Jul 25, 2010 6:27 PM

Jul 2009
Hypeathon said:
NightGaze said:
Psh.

Well, I mean in North America or another country. I can't exactly read a manga in another language. So if it's not available to buy in my country then I don't have the option to read it. Legally or otherwise. Because I DO buy a lot of the manga I read.
Jul 25, 2010 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
manga fox did take off all of their ecchi, loli and anything else fun off for about.... a week, a few months ago, but its all back, (except they wont allow licensed works anymore), which is good, but, it's still sad to loose OM
Jul 25, 2010 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
Meh, I very rarely used OM myself. I usually went to MangaFox. But I did use OneManga on occasion, so I am kinda sad to lose it.

Thankfully I started downloading my manga instead. A lot easier not having to worry about losing it.
Jul 25, 2010 7:51 PM

Jul 2010
hechec said:
It makes me laugh good sites like one manga get shut down meanwhile virus central manga fox is still up and running and adding series, can we see there is something wrong with this. One manga we didnt have to deal with the 1000 videos and talking ads loaded with viruses, it a bad day when Manga fox is allowed to remain while OM is killed off

So I'm not the only one who had that problem. God, I hate mangafox for those annoying ads T_T

Jul 25, 2010 7:55 PM

Oct 2008
NightGaze said:
Well, I mean in North America or another country. I can't exactly read a manga in another language. So if it's not available to buy in my country then I don't have the option to read it. Legally or otherwise. Because I DO buy a lot of the manga I read.

Right, which leads to my point that just because a manga is not licensed within your country doesn't neccesarily mean it was never licensed. Nearly every manga that exists has been at least released by a Japanese publisher, thus it's technically licnesed because it's that certain Japanese publisher's product to begin with. It's not as if scanlators upload doujinshi or anything.

That being said, I do understand what you meant by what you said and hey, that's great you buy manga! More power to you. The bottom line I'm merely saying is that it would be more accurate to say "non-licensed manga within this country" as oppose to just "non-licensed manga."

Also to the SabinLerose guy, I didn't miss your comment, I just didn't have much to say about it.
HypeathonJul 25, 2010 8:03 PM
Jul 25, 2010 8:20 PM
Mar 2010
Lucid_Yume said:
Not even.. much of the content has been removed from there(Mangafox) too...

ive noticed that too :(
Jul 25, 2010 8:57 PM

Oct 2007
Nacchi said:
hechec said:

So I'm not the only one who had that problem. God, I hate mangafox for those annoying ads T_T

That odd I never know that OM doesn't have bad ads. I have ads blocker so that why I can't tell at all.
No wonder people goes on OM.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jul 25, 2010 8:59 PM

Sep 2009
Hypeathon said:
NightGaze said:

Right, which leads to my point that just because a manga is not licensed within your country doesn't neccesarily mean it was never licensed. Nearly every manga that exists has been at least released by a Japanese publisher, thus it's technically licnesed because it's that certain Japanese publisher's product to begin with. It's not as if scanlators upload doujinshi or anything.

That being said, I do understand what you meant by what you said and hey, that's great you buy manga! More power to you. The bottom line I'm merely saying is that it would be more accurate to say "non-licensed manga within this country" as oppose to just "non-licensed manga."

Also to the SabinLerose guy, I didn't miss your comment, I just didn't have m
uch to say about it.

But legally they only own the rights to it in JAPAN and not in other places across the world.
Thats why it's a grey zone.

Since the servers hosting the content are on American Soil it technically means its under region one licensing. Japan is not a part of region one, thus is it not licensed.
Jul 25, 2010 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
Sabinlerose said:
But legally they only own the rights to it in JAPAN and not in other places across the world.
Thats why it's a grey zone.

Since the servers hosting the content are on American Soil it technically means its under region one licensing. Japan is not a part of region one, thus is it not licensed.

Right, I'm aware of the different regions. That being said, that doesn't dismiss the fact most manga still belong to the Japanese to begin with that companies/publishers from other regions would sort of need their permission to acquire. That's more or less what makes the whole procedure legal as oppose to scanlations. Even if the Japanese only have the rights to it in their own region, American companies can't just acquire a title out of thin air. I'm sure it would involve consulting the Japanese first. It's still their product until further notice and I don't personally believe it's a "grey area" if scanlations sites upload a Japanese publisher's product anywhere on the internet, regardless of region if it's without that publisher's permission.

Thus that's why I think it makes more sense to say "unlicensed within your own country/region" as oppose to simply saying "unlicensed."
HypeathonJul 25, 2010 9:31 PM
Jul 25, 2010 9:50 PM

Jul 2010
kindergraph said:
i don't see why anyone thinks this is a big deal.

i've never used onemanga or mangafox or any site like it, i just...download from the scanlators. the scans are higher quality and more readable, and not covered in jpeg grit.

it'd be like complaining if crunchyroll got shut down. who cares?

Eh, some people prefer to just read rather than download. My friend's computer is old and slow, so she can't download and Mangafox makes it worse, so OM was a big deal. So I guess it could be bad for people in that situation.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

9 by MateofromSawX »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Mashle' Anime Sequel Announced

Nioxys - 11 hours ago

19 by Alpha-Nine »»
28 minutes ago

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

49 by Mirorin »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - May 19

4 by memoire2s »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.