Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 12:12 AM

Dec 2021
Time is ticking...

Well at the very least they finally started helping the government on their own accord this time. By own accord I mean Rick made them lol. Nanaue calling Deadshot limpdick was funny asf lol. Squad goes to some party with orcs.. so random except for the reason that Harley wanted a frying pan... okay lol. Was nothing more then quick pitstop because right into action we are with the dragon fight at last.

Gotta say, this has been pretty generic up till now, but the way they defeated that dragon was certainly... unique. I mean most isekais we'd kill the dragons via magic or whatever, show said fuck that and gave us a whole RPG... ??? Lmaoooo. And now they squad have a baby dragon on their side. Just great. AND HOLY FUCK, WAS THAT POISON IVY??? I take back any bad thing I've said about this show thus far.

Will Rick go through with Amanda wishes...???

Jul 11, 12:35 AM

Apr 2022
man the story is good i guess ? but the animation i can't ignore it anymore, it's keeps getting worser by every episode. the production feels so rushed and sloppy, i'll be honest i expected it to be like edgerunners but this adaptation is going nowhere with this animation quality, i am disappointed.😔 anyone feels same as me??
Jul 11, 12:51 AM
Jul 2023
Ah logistical issues, turned somewhat into a treasure hunt complete with boss battle and loot that lead to the next plot point.

The animation during the dragon are painful to watch frankly, the inconsistency, my god the inconsistency.
Jul 11, 3:15 AM

Nov 2023
Where are many things I could say about this episode, but I'll be brief.

I have not seen an episode this bad for a long time, if ever!
It has every possible problem to some extent (parentheses include examples):

• Rushed plot development (Reset of the bomb timers)
  • Diminishment of previous plot points. (Reset of the bomb timers)
  • Issues that where not issues before nor where they suggested as possible issues (Lack of ammo)
  • Wasted potential in the writing (The whole visit to Orcs)
  • Uninteresting dialog (Scene with the Orcs)
  • Filler dialog ("It's breathing fire at us!")
  • Inconsistent drawings (Most commonly apparent with Deadshot and many times with Harley)
  • Lack of inbetweens (Can't provide examples for this...)
  • Low key frame count (Mainly with the dragon, but it makes sense if they had a bad schedule. I would have gone with cgi in this situation. I know that's considered blasphemy, but they could have at least made it move without overrelying on zooms!)
  • Awkward camera work (janky movements, unnecessary zooms, etc.)
  • Unsatisfying effects with low frame count (example explosions at around 13:45)
  • Wasted potential in the animation (The storyboards are probably fine, but the execution...)
  • Too little setup for the next episode (At least there was some setup. Otherwise I would have been certain they made this episode last minute to boost the episode count. I find it still pretty likely that's the case, maybe even the whole timer plot point was added near the end)

I could elaborate, but I think that's enough for now.
Oh, almost forgot! Rating: 1/5

Edit: For more details see this
gorkthe134thJul 11, 9:04 AM
Jul 11, 3:26 AM
May 2022
Another early episode? Doesn't this come out on Fridays?
Jul 11, 4:10 AM

Nov 2013
Worst episode of the series, had to watch at 1.5x speed.
Jul 11, 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
This show's been very rough. Might be one of the weakest looking episodes I've seen from a WIT anime, and that's not even counting the actual stuff happening in the episode and how rushed and dreadful it is. At least there's only 5 more episodes and it's a short season at 10 episodes in total.
Jul 11, 4:49 AM
Dec 2023
Ngl, I expected them getting some infinite magic bullets, but its nice that they still need og world resources
Jul 11, 4:51 AM

Jun 2020
I adore the early interaction between Harley Quinn and her new dragon pet, Arthur. Really cute.

Did they hand draw the dragon though? That doesn't look like 3DCGI for me.

Other than that, the animation looks like it's getting worse in this episode. The overall particles have less details than previous episodes. And most of them look half-done ngl..
Jul 11, 5:17 AM
Oct 2022
Amazing how the bombs planted on everyone’s back of the neck did not explode, only because the need to finish the mission. Harley Quinn, Peacemaker and Clayface are the best - impressive transformation -

We’ll get what is going to happen with that baby dragon. Now is innocent, but it’ll grow bigger and it would present a real threat. The journey began and they met with scientist guy at the final :)

I hope this anime will be even more interesting till episode 10. So far, is good, but it has to improve a bit.
Jul 11, 5:24 AM

Apr 2022
getting worse by the episode. visuals were all over the place, and the least i asked was to have harley look hot. guess lil dragon is part of the squad rn.
Jul 11, 5:42 AM
Jan 2020
This episode looks so unfinished lmao, some generational cuts and next shot they just zoom in it. Reminds me of Shield Hero's last 2 seasons.
RonninnJul 11, 5:47 AM
Jul 11, 5:46 AM
Aug 2021
nothing great or entertaining boring tbh
Jul 11, 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
lots of drawings are off model and lots of scenes lack in between frames too
Jul 11, 6:00 AM

Jun 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Worst episode of the series

Definitely. Although, it must be said - In a series consisting of only five episodes up to now, that's not saying a lot.
Jul 11, 6:21 AM

Oct 2017
Harley really deflected the fire breath with the frying pan, frying pan is the strongest weapon. Dragon fight was cool and Harley got a baby dragon which is super adorable. Will be hilarious if she takes it back with her. Also Enchantress/June Moone is here. Should have known she was there with the advance team.
Jul 11, 6:22 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to IzanaSolos
Time is ticking...

Well at the very least they finally started helping the government on their own accord this time. By own accord I mean Rick made them lol. Nanaue calling Deadshot limpdick was funny asf lol. Squad goes to some party with orcs.. so random except for the reason that Harley wanted a frying pan... okay lol. Was nothing more then quick pitstop because right into action we are with the dragon fight at last.

Gotta say, this has been pretty generic up till now, but the way they defeated that dragon was certainly... unique. I mean most isekais we'd kill the dragons via magic or whatever, show said fuck that and gave us a whole RPG... ??? Lmaoooo. And now they squad have a baby dragon on their side. Just great. AND HOLY FUCK, WAS THAT POISON IVY??? I take back any bad thing I've said about this show thus far.

Will Rick go through with Amanda wishes...???
IzanaSolos said:
AND HOLY FUCK, WAS THAT POISON IVY???
That's Enchantress aka June Moone, Rick's lover.
Jul 11, 6:24 AM

Apr 2020
Eviwizard said:
man the story is good i guess ? but the animation i can't ignore it anymore, it's keeps getting worser by every episode. the production feels so rushed and sloppy, i'll be honest i expected it to be like edgerunners but this adaptation is going nowhere with this animation quality, i am disappointed.😔 anyone feels same as me??

Feels like the exact opposite, of what you just said, to me.

Story is pretty stereotypical and meh.
Animation and lighthearted fun is why I enjoy the Show.
Jul 11, 6:26 AM

Jul 2011
The timer reset, the bullets ran out, get more ammo, and as bonus get a baby dragon. As far quests goes, that was very productive. Even with wonky animation.
Jul 11, 6:27 AM
Jun 2024
Eviwizard said:

Thank you finally someone said it
Jul 11, 7:07 AM

Oct 2017
gorkthe134th said:
Rushed plot development (Reset of the bomb timers)
Diminishment of previous plot points. (Reset of the bomb timers)
Issues that where not issues before nor where they suggested as possible issues (Lack of ammo)
Wasted potential in the writing (The whole visit to Orcs)
Uninteresting dialog (Scene with the Orcs)
How is the reset bomb timers rushed development or diminishement when they barely made it in time to reset the time. Unless you expected the entire anime to happen inside 72 hours and then some epic fight to reset the timer? Also the bombs still there too.

Lack of ammos wasn't an issue or weren't suggested before? How? Common sense states that they don't have infinitie ammo, their guns aren't magical. Deadshot literally mentions that it would be nice if they could make bullets out of nothing or something similar one or a few episode back too.

Scene with the orcs is important for the end scene of the episode. It was a short scene to remind you that oh yeah these villains made some friends in this new world, fellow villains and brother in arms for them and the episode ends with you saw what. Destruction of the fort.

Rest of your complain is just for animation which I won't argue against but still better than the average animated shows.

gorkthe134th said:
Funny your complains were just you misunderstanding/forgetting things.
Jul 11, 7:17 AM

Jan 2018
Halfway through the story and we're on a side-quest now. Great.

Where do I even begin? I didn't think they'd make the retrieval of ammo an actual plot point. It felt unnecessary and a waste of time tbh. But at least Harley got a pet dragon now so there's that.

The animation in this episode was just bad. It was noticeable in previous episodes but this episode was especially bad. What happened to Wit Studio? Why didn't they bring their A game for this show? Maybe they were like the rest of us and were tired of all the Suicide Squad bullshit and just said fuck it lol. Still, this shit was terrible.

And it's not just the wonky animation either. The episode just looks bad in general. I might be talking out of my ass here but the color composition is messed up. It just looks ugly. There's no depth between the characters and the backgrounds. It kinda looks worse than some seasonal isekai anime which is really saying something. How did Wit fuck up this much? Or are they actually releasing unfinished episodes early? The last episodes didn't look nearly as bad, which makes this episode feel more like a filler episode.

Anyway, it seems like in the next episode there will be bigger fight scenes with Enchantress and the Thinker. I hope the animation will be a bit better there. If the animation isn't good, what's the point of watching this?
Jul 11, 7:26 AM
Feb 2020
Animation definitely odd this episode no denying that,but i doubt its because of rushed production.Been in the works for about a year now and trailers already shown stuff for the later episodes.Think it was intended to be made that way.
Jul 11, 7:29 AM
Nov 2017
Oh god what was the animation quality this episode
Jul 11, 8:46 AM

Jul 2016
Clayface instantly losing his cool over Deadshot clowning on his "seductive mud griffin" plan cracked me up more than it really should've

Baby dragon mascot has joined the party.
Jul 11, 8:47 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to MegamiRem
gorkthe134th said:
Rushed plot development (Reset of the bomb timers)
Diminishment of previous plot points. (Reset of the bomb timers)
Issues that where not issues before nor where they suggested as possible issues (Lack of ammo)
Wasted potential in the writing (The whole visit to Orcs)
Uninteresting dialog (Scene with the Orcs)
How is the reset bomb timers rushed development or diminishement when they barely made it in time to reset the time. Unless you expected the entire anime to happen inside 72 hours and then some epic fight to reset the timer? Also the bombs still there too.

Lack of ammos wasn't an issue or weren't suggested before? How? Common sense states that they don't have infinitie ammo, their guns aren't magical. Deadshot literally mentions that it would be nice if they could make bullets out of nothing or something similar one or a few episode back too.

Scene with the orcs is important for the end scene of the episode. It was a short scene to remind you that oh yeah these villains made some friends in this new world, fellow villains and brother in arms for them and the episode ends with you saw what. Destruction of the fort.

Rest of your complain is just for animation which I won't argue against but still better than the average animated shows.

gorkthe134th said:
Funny your complains were just you misunderstanding/forgetting things.
MegamiRem said:

Sorry about this one. I didn't realise the first time I watched it that the fort at the end was where the Orcs were. My bad.

MegamiRem said:

This is not a huge problem on its own. So far I was suspending my disbelief and would not have had an issue if they never addressed it. My point is that if they introduce an idea it should have a some relevance to the plot, but in this case they just use it as an excuse to fight a dragon. If the fight was accually cool it would not have stood out so much. If it turns out to be relevant later, my opinion could change on this matter.

MegamiRem said:

The thing about the bombs is that they provided urgency and a goal for the crew, one that felt final at that. I was not expecting it, but I could see them having an epic fight to reset the timer, and not necessarily at the end. What we got in this episode, though, was an (imo) anticlimactic conclusion to the problem of the bombs. I'm intentionally saying "conclusion" even though they still have the bombs in their necks, because they have now established that all the crew has to do to solve the issue of the bombs is to come back to that place periodically. I know they could bring it back by having the enemy capture the nearby areas, but that specific spot doesn't seem very hard to access, as it doesn't look like it's close to any cities or forts; they could always sneak their way there, considering that Clayface is basically an earthbender now.
In short, I feel like the bombs suddenly became way less relevant and that's hard to reverse. That's why I said:

gorkthe134th said:
maybe even the whole timer plot point was added near the end

Considering how little it impacts the story so far and how early they solved it, it's possible it was added near the end to spice up the beginning.
Jul 11, 9:26 AM
Sep 2017
Na metade do anime e por enquanto está sendo divertido de acompanhar '3'
Jul 11, 10:38 AM

Aug 2019
I've been enjoying this show quite a bit but this episode was rough. Felt like they tried to squeeze a movie length plot into a 20 minute episode, all while halving the animation budget lol
y u mad tho
Jul 11, 11:38 AM

May 2021
damn i really enjoyed ep1&2, 3&4 was okay but ep5 is really meh. the overall animation crashed with this one, really not consistent. hope it doesn't end up like ninja kamui...

need Wit to pull through (copium)
Jul 11, 12:56 PM

Sep 2020
Harley’s face changed like every single scene. The whole animation was so inconsistent from what the show had given us so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 1:10 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to Yuri_Niji
Harley’s face changed like every single scene. The whole animation was so inconsistent from what the show had given us so far
Yuri_Niji said:
Harley’s face changed like every single scene.

Deadshot was worse!
Harley’s face changed only every second scene, but Deadshot's changed twice every scene!!! 😂
Jul 11, 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
Holy cow what a terrible episode. Every aspect of the show fell apart this week
Jul 11, 3:06 PM

Jul 2022
The animation and plot are still bad, but the characters' jokes redeem the anime a bit. Who would have thought a frying pan would also be a useful weapon in an isekai? Damn, I had grown fond of the orcs. I hope they're okay, but knowing how the Suicide Squad treats its characters, I don't think we'll see them again.
Jul 11, 4:37 PM

Jun 2023
5 episodes in and this is going downhill
Jul 11, 6:08 PM

Nov 2021
Respect to them for keeping the dragon 2D even though the animation felt really inconsistent this episode.. like it's good but it feels like when the movement gets somewhat complex a lot of the detail just completely vanishes. Good episode though, I like how they addressed the ammo issue.
Jul 11, 6:16 PM
Jan 2024
animation quality dropped by a lot
Jul 11, 6:53 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Yikes 😬 shows halfway through and animation is dropping fast.
Jul 11, 8:02 PM
Nov 2020
Anime inconsistent as hell
Jul 11, 8:14 PM

Feb 2019
Did WIT outsource this episode? This was a huge quality drop off from the first few in everything from narrative to production. Felt like I was watching 5 different studios’ work with all the character model changes, off faces, and mini art styles going on in the episode.

Not to mention the ammo retrieval being made into an entire episode after the whole end scene with the queen last ep? I can see doing half an episode on the ammo retrieval and dragon fight, but this felt poorly paced and this is coming from someone who’s loved the first few eps.

Speaking of the dragon fight, Jesus that looked bad. There were a few decent scenes like deadshot running and Harley’s frying pan scene, but for the most part it looked horrible and the dragon falling off the cliff was laughably bad. I really hope this is just a one off and not a sign of things to come in the second half.

On the bright side, Game of Thrones reference in anime was cool lol and it looks like some new villains from the advanced squad being introduced next week? Also the dragon hatchling should make a cool addition to the team, kinda messed up considering they killed its mom tho lmao.

I really do want this to be successful so we get more DC and WB anime stuff, but this was a set back.
Marinate1016Jul 11, 8:45 PM
Jul 12, 11:23 AM

Aug 2021
wow. the production quality went to absolute shit quickly
Jul 12, 1:35 PM
Oct 2020
While the quality definitely dropped like even I noticed it's still far from the worst. The dragon was even 2d still instead of the usual CGI dragons. Overall this is an ok show but that's it so it's going to be disappointing to those with high expectations.
Jul 12, 2:16 PM

Dec 2022
man half way thorugh already but why did they left on a cliffhanger
Jul 12, 4:41 PM
Mar 2019
That Dragon grew pretty quick, thought the Shark might have eaten it.
Jul 12, 7:56 PM

Jun 2020
Is 10 ep show needs a filler type of episode? I really dont think so
Jul 12, 8:45 PM

Feb 2016
Wasted opportunity for Harley to call the baby dragon Batman or Bruce, since his mother is dead lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jul 12, 8:53 PM
Mar 2019
This is the funniest episode so far with classic Suicide Squad humor. Also, we get to see other members of the advanced party who are also part of Suicide Squad membership in the comics.
Jul 12, 9:29 PM
Oct 2019
Hilarious battle with the Dragon LMAO

But yeahh the Animation quality dropped a lot for this episode.
I thought they have enough time to work on this one.
DAMN.
davidyodo24Jul 12, 9:32 PM
Jul 13, 1:31 AM

May 2019
Decent episode that had the crew make their way to Rick's helicopter to resupply. Regarding the ending of this episode, I wonder if those 2 people are working for the queen considering how upset she looked in the previous episode.
Jul 13, 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
Finally an anime addresses the issue of running out of bullets in an isekai. I like how it prompts the next immediate mission. Harley has priorities, wanting a hot bath first—but where would they get the cottage and massage lol. Also, when Harley declared that the best weapon is a frying pan, I thought it was a Tangled reference at first.

How did Flag not react to being called a villain and getting grouped with the others? XD

Peacekeeper almost pulled a Dungeon Meshi, but Harley saved Arthur the dragon. It's interesting how no one in Dungeon Meshi brings up moral qualms of eating monsters besides "it's weird" and "it might be dirty/cause disease." What I liked about Dungeon Meshi that Suicide Squad Isekai isn't doing so far is the character and team dynamics. When exploring the dungeon, each team member has a defined and indispensable role, an incentive for their team members to protect them besides out of friendship. But for Isekai Suicide Squad, there's no real reason for the suicide squad to actually act like a squad or to risk themselves saving each other. Like, half of them use a gun but only Deadshot is the actual gun expert. And now that Flag is out of the prison, why does he need to accompany the others? Maybe it's a villain way of thinking, but they are, after all, villains. :P
Jul 13, 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
For that dragon fight, I swear I was watching the Hikari no Ou animation/drawing style, it was very similar how broken it was. I was really enjoying this show up untill this mess of an episode came out. I do hope they'll do a better job for the rest of the season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 8

46 by Rasco »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

49 by Rasco »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 25

68 by Rasco »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 18

51 by Rasco »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

113 by RioFS »»
Oct 1, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.