Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 18, 9:45 AM
Jun 2019
Slow pace and chill storytelling, it's going alright
Apr 18, 1:05 PM
Dec 2016
Mushoku tensei has really slowed down. The start to the season has been quite boring
Apr 18, 2:53 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to 18927
Almost skipped the whole episode. This is really not for me anymore I guess. I signed up for something different than melodrama
@18927 This show is about seeing different points of his life, it will have things like this too.
If what you want is action, the second half of this part 2 will give you plenty.
Apr 18, 3:04 PM
Oct 2018
Dunno why they got rid of the unique world-building intros and replaced them with generic J-Rock openings... which is a small nitpick.

This arc just hasn't been that interesting and the pacing seems weird to me.
Apr 19, 12:00 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Playcool
@18927 This show is about seeing different points of his life, it will have things like this too.
If what you want is action, the second half of this part 2 will give you plenty.
@Playcool I read the second part was supposed to be done with this bullshit, but now it is only half of second part. Sad
Apr 19, 1:57 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to 18927
@Playcool I read the second part was supposed to be done with this bullshit, but now it is only half of second part. Sad
@18927 Nothing bullshit about it lol. Without this stuff, stakes and weight for future stuff wouldn't matter anywhere near as much and characters would be much more bland in the long run to make those future events matter less, no matter if it looks great or not. It ain't just a generic power fantasy series with adventure stuff for no reason whatsoever. It does focus on Rudeus' life and the various events that happen in it and in times, there are different phases. Simple as that. OP also does hint that there's more to the season at least for you lol.
Apr 19, 3:51 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
18927 said:

The show will always show Rudeous life is allowing it's aspects, simply now you are still that more than slowly paced part, it gets actionable nonstop.
I would nothing reccomend you follow his weekly, rather come back to in5 weeks and you be good.
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to MangagnaM
@18927 Nothing bullshit about it lol. Without this stuff, stakes and weight for future stuff wouldn't matter anywhere near as much and characters would be much more bland in the long run to make those future events matter less, no matter if it looks great or not. It ain't just a generic power fantasy series with adventure stuff for no reason whatsoever. It does focus on Rudeus' life and the various events that happen in it and in times, there are different phases. Simple as that. OP also does hint that there's more to the season at least for you lol.
@MangagnaM Penis being the main purpose of the previous part truly nothing like bullshit. I'd rather stick to generic shows then. The whole school arc was literally a boring drag and now this: playing a family as a teenagers. But not gonna lie, I had a chuckle during 2nd ep. It comes out that pedo's future children will have a whore as a grandmom. Truly peak isekai with astounding family
Apr 19, 4:11 PM
Sep 2018
Dang Rudy wanted to get it on already at bedXD

<spoiler>btw WTF didn’t realise Elise was Sylphies grandma like damnnnnnnnn son</spoiler>
Apr 19, 7:54 PM

Feb 2017
Finally got to hear the new OP and ED, and they're solid! But those spoilers in the OP were a letdown. Missing the unique vibes of Season 1's openings though. Wish they'd kept that style.

ㅤㅤ I love Nao Tomori ♡
ㅤㅤ友利奈緒のことが大好きです ♥

let's feel good
レッツ フィールグッドします
Apr 20, 12:00 AM
Sep 2023
hell yeah happy episode
Apr 20, 2:50 AM
May 2017
Best episode of season 2 so far. The animation and character interactions were perfect. For me, this episode felt like a movie. A perfect Finale to the Ranoa Arc.
Apr 20, 3:17 AM

Apr 2024
@Xyoldvan
Firstly I've never used TikTok. I stay away from Chinese spying apps for brainlets.
Secondly who told you I want only action? I just expect something different than playing a family or healing a dick for straight 12 eps, this would be better if had been done in 2 eps instead. Right now MAL's tags are misleading. Mods should've deleted adventure tag.
Thirdly I'll stay here till the end of the season, so how about no?
Apr 20, 5:17 AM
Mar 2021
I just don´t like the passiveness of these two episodes. I miss the old action and dynamics of the series.
Apr 20, 5:40 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to 18927
@Xyoldvan
Firstly I've never used TikTok. I stay away from Chinese spying apps for brainlets.
Secondly who told you I want only action? I just expect something different than playing a family or healing a dick for straight 12 eps, this would be better if had been done in 2 eps instead. Right now MAL's tags are misleading. Mods should've deleted adventure tag.
Thirdly I'll stay here till the end of the season, so how about no?
@18927

Apr 20, 9:29 AM

Dec 2020
what happened to the fantasy show i loved
Apr 20, 12:16 PM
Nov 2018
Mushoku Tensei, is still Top tier!!
Apr 20, 7:42 PM

May 2018
Elinalise obaasan deym
Apr 20, 9:26 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to mshfqtny
yhunata said:
@mshfqtny While I agree that having read the LN has made the smaller things easier to spot, it's kinda hard to miss the giant ass monster they're fighting in the opening. Also another thing that people could potentially catch on to, that I won't mention here.
still it doesn't spoil anything. It just implies that there will be big fight scene. That might create hype among viewers which can be a good thing.

Just think of the op as a trailer.
@mshfqtny

Well it spoils who Rudeus fights with, the monster they are fighting, and what EXACTLY they are fighting for. The reader can infer the plot beats to fill in the gap between now and that fight that need to happen for Rudy to get there. This makes all the future reveals of certain characters and situation to be less dramatic.

Not saying this is a bad nor good thing, but just pointing out how it does spoil, and not just imply.
TLO20Apr 20, 9:30 PM

Apr 20, 9:55 PM
Apr 2023
roxy roxy roxy roxy opening aaaaaaaaaaa
Apr 21, 2:11 AM
Apr 2020
That was a very sweet episode. Although I still find very weird how much Rudeus delayed looking for his mother, isnt she supposed to be in a dangerous place? I'm happy for him and all, but I would prioritize my family before all that.
Apr 21, 2:16 AM
May 2020
You can't go wrong with cute romance
Apr 21, 3:21 AM
Sep 2022
This is one of the most unique isekai anime that you can watch ever. If you Wonder about Content in it just dont insert youre culture into it and you will enjoy this anime. Just remember It is 18+ anime for a reason so dont assume its same 12+ anime as most other isekai anime. and if you want to start with this season just dont watch the whole series or read web or light novel or manga.
Apr 21, 2:40 PM

Apr 2019
Another great episode, Rudeus announces that he's taking Sylphiette as his wife. All the important characters are present of course. Badigadi lightens up the mood when he appears. Turns out Elinalise is Sylphiette's grandma. Luke and Rudeus duel was also great and Cliff's character development from an arrogant boy who thinks he's better than anyone else tpo a now more humble and kind boy who's willing to do anything for the love of his life.
Apr 21, 7:15 PM

May 2022
A marriage banquet happens and revelations come. Sylphie is Elinalise's granddaughter!

I liked the opening and ending, but I hope they don't use this as much as they did in last part.
Apr 22, 6:23 AM
Oct 2021
lovely episode, nice to see rudeus and sylphy get along together
Apr 22, 7:17 AM
Apr 2023
lovely and joyful
Apr 22, 4:08 PM
Feb 2014
I feel like i am one of very few people who does not enjoy this season as much so far. I am not saying i have really bad time but.... i literally love romances! slice of life genre etc. This IS my jam.. but i do feel like this is not what Mushoku Tensei was about, the adventure, the struggle, learning to be stronger.... first season was simply 10/10 - there is literally no single thing to go against, story (and lore of the world, exploring it) and pacing, animations, action, relations not only with Eris or his family but also with Ruijerd and everyone else, soundtrack as well... everything was just top quality....

First part of the second season went bit down, not going to lie i had few small disappointments, but was still very good and in the end i enjoyed it alot, but getting to second part of season 2 and i must say.... it feels like author just decided to make a different anime.
I realize this is pretty similiar to what first part did, but either it feels worse, or perhaps i got too much of it, i have strong feeling of"meh, we will see how it goes i guess".

I was sure the idea of getting married after announcing at the ending of part 1 of second season would be mostly just by name (as they will get 'quickly' married with most prep going behind the scenes (becaue as we know this anime loves to skip content) and still go with their lives continuing the story, with perhaps Rudeus finally deploying either with her, or with promise to meet soon(?), or would be dropped entirely because of some random events, stuff going down (again) and they would have to split up (i had a feeling like this when they had intimate scene about when Rudeus promised in response to Sylphi's wish to never ever disappear without notice... but nothing happend)

Yet here we are with Rudeus and Sylp buying home, furnituring it, making wedding party and all.... and based on Opening spoilers it looks like most of the season will be like that...
I semi hoped when anime literally told us that said Rudeus told Paul he is getting married but did not invite him, during wedding party they are going to show up with message like "what? you thought im going to miss my son's wedding??". but once again: Disappointeeeed (insert meme if you want). I feel like they will still show up soon (did not see episode 3 yet at this moment) so i hope anime will still make it a decent moment and not end up on bad gag where father runs towards Rudeus but actually misses him and hugs Sylpi... eh

I really want to enjoy it but there really must be a real progress in story
Apr 22, 11:10 PM
Sep 2017
So... Rudeus mentioned something like what's the point of being an adventurer to make money, if it jeopardizes his life, now that he's married and has someone else to live for? That's reasonable, but if there's no more adventuring, then what will this anime become? Slice of life? Romance? Or maybe it will go the Slime route and turn into business, politics, logistics, etc. I tolerated the first half of this second season, but now I'm missing the simple adventures of the first season.
Apr 23, 2:36 AM

Jul 2017
Well, the OP and ED has spoilers all around, but the songs are not going to get any better, this is a fact since Season 2's 1st Cour.

Rudy and Sylphie's wedding reception, the hard part is the guests and deciding what to do with all of the prep. But Rudy will always be up for the sex, which is finally being good. With all guests onboard, just without Badigadi, the wedding reception starts...not without the big man's arrival. No need to care for formalities, the simple message is known to all. With congrats going to both of them from the guests, albeit a close call against Sylphie knowing their Japanese origins, and Elinalise acknowledging the latter that she had spent time with Paul as his mother. It sure is a shocker that both her and Sylphie are related as grandmother and granddaughter, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Ariel wanting Rudy to spar with Luke for a friendly duel, and he's put in a position where he could not refuse. The challenge against Rudy for pride with a rather quick, agile and short sword fight, is put based on trust from the princess herself and entrusting Sylphie into Rudy's hands. Even for Cliff, him thinking that Elinalise is still a viable target for him, he's really that committed to loving the whore and removing her curse, so both him and Rudy are even on that regard.

Enjoy the romance, Rudy and Sylphie.
Apr 23, 5:34 AM
Apr 2024
Episode 2 was so nice
Apr 23, 9:55 AM
Oct 2019
They are so beautiful, omg how cute
Apr 23, 8:20 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, very nice dinner with friends

Interesting that Elinalize is Sylphie's grandmother, now that I think about it they do look alike.
I like that Cliff loves Elinalise beyond the fact that their ideals conflict
My doubts about the princess have already disappeared, it seems like she really is a good person... I would be quite surprised if it turns out to be the opposite later on.
Rudeus won the sword fight... WOW, did Rudeus improve or did Luke control himself or both or neither? haha

PS: Very nice OP and ED but just in case I didn't see them, even so I liked the previous OP and ED better

PS2: The episodes are very calm, I wonder if something will happen to change the plot again
Apr 27, 8:24 AM

Aug 2014
OP and Ed are nice but they revealed eveyrhing thats gonna happen.. that was too much.. not much reason to watch now..
kids already? this is going too fast.. where the story gone?.. all the seasons now look like 800+ naruto story crushed into some recap..
I don't even see that love between them.. it is like they both think it is correct thing to do because they slept togetehr and knew each other for so long.. i think this is not gonna work
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 27, 1:02 PM

Jul 2022
i have thoroughly enjoyed this episode even though i didn't think i would, because of the lack of action
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
I'm not even sure what happened. twas all just a blurr. i mean..c'mon there is just too much sol..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 28, 7:58 PM
Jan 2021
So the marriage is moving along at a breathable pace. Too bad Paul, Zenith, and the rest of Rudeus’ family and Sylphie’s family couldn’t attend the reception.

I was shocked to see Rudeus immediately take Sylphie to their bed as soon as his member activated. I thought he would be more chill and mellow, but he’s taking advantage of all the time he messed with his condition and he’s got himself a new robe. It looks pretty similar to his old that if you didn’t see that scene, you could easily think that it’s the same robe.

I’m surprised that Nanahoshi showed up. I thought she would essentially just dedicate herself to her research.

But the biggest twist of this episode is that Elinalise is Sylphie’s grandmother. NANI?!??!?!?? I’M SHOCKED THAT SHE’S EVER HAD A RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE OF CLIFF GIVEN HER CURSE. DAMN! So she raised her children until they could fend for themselves than left them to dissociate herself from them and protect them from the trouble she got in. Okay. I respect Cliff for not holding it against her, and we’ll see if he and Rudeus can find a way to get rid of her curse.

Elinalise wasn’t interested in a relationship with Rudeus because she doesn’t want to be related to Paul, but with Sylphie and Rudeus getting married, that’s unavoidable.

Well I don’t know what’s gonna happen now, but I’m excited for it whatever happens.
May 7, 11:47 PM
Aug 2016
this anime is one of the most I loved. the story is very nice, and the idea is not new but not so classic.
Jun 4, 4:50 AM

Jul 2013
Luke challenged Rudeus to a swordfight without using magic knowing full well that he's a magician, Rudeus still won though. That's my boi
Jun 4, 3:27 PM

Oct 2019
An anime MC who's not only regularly getting laid but is about to marry too.
Rudy is a unicorn 🦄
Jun 5, 10:29 AM
Sep 2014
dad would be proud
Jun 8, 3:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rudeus and Sylphie reception at home for their wedding was good, and we learned that Elinalise is Sylphie's grandmother, wow :o
Jun 12, 6:24 AM
Apr 2024
beautifuuuuuuuuuuul extrardionarious
Jun 15, 8:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode and that one from Part 1 with Nanahoshi's conflict vs Sylphy are the best parts of S2 so far (episode 1 was very good too), overall this was a very tasteful episode, endearing, and marks the beginning of the adulthood life of Rudeous.

It is also time to start binging this considering I know the HYPE ep10 of part 2 will be, my most awaited moment for S2 easily.
Jun 19, 9:24 PM
Apr 2024
human should know there is no second chance
Jun 20, 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
Heyy they got a house now. THat doll was damn
Jun 23, 3:55 AM

Jul 2016
At this point the show is just handicapped by its prior baggage but is bringing in some better elements and a decent tone of some kind. Every time I look at Rudy with Sylphiette however I am reminded of just how terribly their relationship was paced and developed which makes it difficult to really have strong feelings about this sweet married life that seems to be starting, which is a similar feeling I hold towards nearly all the characters introduced in the last season. I think of all the holes in Elinalise's character. Is Cliff being actively cucked? If not, how? Her curse is obviously still active as is mentioned. Now she's acting like she regrets being a whore all of a sudden when she was looking to be gleefully enjoying it not long ago. It's confusing writing, am I supposed to feel bad because she was forced to be a slut all this time against her desires? (Really hard to see that as the case as that has never been the insinuation until now) Or is she just having a woman moment upon reality hitting her while she looks into the eyes of her granddaughter and has never cared before now?

The writing is all incoherent and really has been since the cataclysm and that's what makes this story appear as a bunch of characters, worldbuilding, and story elements spilled out of a bag onto the floor with little linking them all together. Individually they aren't bad, sometimes quite interesting, but when the author tries to string them all together to actually form a story it all results in dead ends, absent development, plot holes, character holes, confusing tones, nonsensical/abrupt turns in the story, wasted pacing/time, unpolished character design, etc.

One of the most egregiously terrible things in this episode was the Rudy/Sylphiette bath scene and the short bit after. This "author" (I have to use that term loosely from now on, perhaps it's a fault of adaptation as I haven't yet read the source chapters but historically that wasn't the case) manages to again sabotage every single bit of deep romance between his two mains and not only that, manages to make a mockery of the sacred bond that is supposed to have taken root between them in marriage. He does this by turning a tender moment that could lead to love making into a cheap gag instead. I understand there's only so many panels/so much time but that's not how you make use of it. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. Have them share an embrace in the bath and be done with it or make it a deep and heartful love-making scene, don't turn the subsequent sex into a 3 second "McFarlaneesque" comedy bit instead. It degrades everyone involved and shows immense immaturity.

Looking forward, how's this new life going to work? Is the author going to decide to take the time to have a calm season of character development and maybe some of Rudy's children popping out/old family coming to visit so we can actually see any of them ever again? Y'know all those characters that were actually developed decently and then vanished for well over a season. My guess is no, maybe we will get a couple more episodes of that at best and then some new huge wrench will be thrown in and Rudy will be thrust into some conflict again with either his mother or the lesbo royal because getting the foundations set in stone finally would make too much sense.

Why am I still bothering with this series....I suppose hope springs eternal, I'm not sure it does for this one however.
BezaleelJul 3, 3:36 AM
Jun 23, 5:04 PM

Jul 2016
The opening theme visuals were epic, but as people mentioned potentially spoiler heavy seeing Roxy in it. I'm more of a fan of the chill ED, who is done by the same artist as earlier seasons and parts Yuiko Ohara (she did openings in S1).
Jun 30, 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
That was a nice episode, seeing the gang come together and Sylphie and Rudeus being happy was very wholesome. Did not see Elinalise being Sylphie's grandmother though haha
Jul 2, 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Cliff.. I just gained a lot of respect for that guy.

Also.. didn't they already know that Rudeus is powerful? Don't really see the point of that duel
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

384 by MatheusYTB »»
Yesterday, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

368 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 17, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Jun 16

611 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 17, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Acheron - Jun 2

221 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 17, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5

295 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 17, 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.