Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Mar 13, 9:19 AM
Dec 2022
Just need one word, MASTERPIECE!!
Mar 13, 9:58 AM
Dec 2017
Lovely rotoscoping on that one spell throw.
Mar 13, 10:08 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to BugyBon
Lovely rotoscoping on that one spell throw.
@BugyBon That's a Mad House signature technique when it comes to action scenes of the sort.
Mar 13, 10:11 AM
Nov 2023
Magic go brrrrrrrr
Mar 13, 10:43 AM
Apr 2023
amazing.good.👍
Mar 13, 10:44 AM

Aug 2018
One of possibly many other trump cards Frieren has was just revealed and it's crazy. I got chills and I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. How is this show still so good?!?!

Also, getting caught by yet another mimic. Sasuga Frieren. So cute >u<
Mar 13, 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to kuroneko99
  • The animation of the battle between Frieren vs Frieren clone is kind of too abstract, especially at the beginning of the episode.
  • There was no explanation for the magic Frieren clone used against Fern at the end of the battle. gravity control?
@kuroneko99
The animation of the battle between Frieren vs Frieren clone is kind of too abstract, especially at the beginning of the episode.

I suppose it's supposed to show how incomprehensible the strength and level of Frieren's magic truly is. Since magic is largely based on visualization in the mind, and its manifestation cannot be properly described, then that probably means we cannot properly visualize what sort of magic it is. This means 1) how do we properly beat it if we can't even imagine how to beat it, and 2) Frieren is such a terrifyingly powerful mage that she cant visualize those spells enough to throw them around

There was no explanation for the magic Frieren clone used against Fern at the end of the battle. gravity control?

Likely, we're not supposed to know what this is now. It's not terribly important to know, other than the fact that Frieren has this kind of spell hidden in her bag of tricks, and that she hasn't used this spell in about 80 or so years (presumably used last when fighting the Demon King, which would have been around that time?). Her whipping out a spell she's been hiding then not expounding on it is supposed to create a sense of mystery and suspense for us viewers. It's supposed to make us excited for when it does appear again, and I expect it will since they've essentially created a Chekov's gun by showing it. That said, might be gravity control, but it would have to be some insane form of gravity control? They already do that daily when they levitate stuff or make themselves float. This was almost enough to completely crush Fern and kill her so it'd have to be like several levels higher.
Mar 13, 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was just screaming Sakuga! Amazing Frieren shots in this one, A really satisfying conclusion to this whole second test.
Now let's see what else is in store for them.
Mar 13, 1:38 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
omfg that was SO GOOODDD

this anime just looks and sounds amazing at all times. incredible direction and animation. truly deserves the 10/10 from me
Mar 13, 1:53 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Ogami1978
@BlueBullet178
Actually Methode fought the Fern clone. And did win.
She gets ambushed by the Fern clone shortly before the climax of the Frieren VS Clone battle.
And later when Frieren destroys the Spiegel you see her with a cratered background, presumely from
the Fern clone spamming beam attacks.
Interestingly, if you look closely you also see her looking down at a body on the floor that then vanishes, implying
she actually did beat the Fern clone already at that point.
@Ogami1978 I could be wrong, but to me it appeared that clone Fern ambushed, Methode counter-attacked, we don't really see the effect of the counter attack tho, then the clone vanishes before further conflict.
Mar 13, 1:59 PM
Oct 2023
GOAT OF THE ANIMATIONS
Mar 13, 2:43 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to BlueBullet178
@Ogami1978 I could be wrong, but to me it appeared that clone Fern ambushed, Methode counter-attacked, we don't really see the effect of the counter attack tho, then the clone vanishes before further conflict.
@BlueBullet178

Dont want to goto much into manga spoilers so i just say that in the manga it was a bit more clear that Methode defeated the Fern clone quiet easily.
Mar 13, 10:35 PM
Dec 2023
MAD house cooking
Mar 14, 3:46 AM
May 2019
Masterpiece... lol
Mar 14, 4:43 AM

Oct 2008
what a friggin' conclusive episode! they defeated the nisemonos!
5/5.

Mar 14, 5:09 AM
Jun 2023
<3 Freiren and Fern and Stark
Mar 14, 8:52 PM

Feb 2021
The stare is too cold, Frieren, too cold. Sad that Lawine didn't pass the exam with her best friend, I was hoping they would be together.

Turns out Frieren CAN use other offensive magic. I actually doubted if she can use anything other than basic attacks but it's just that her opponents so far sucked so bad she didn't need to lol. Now that's a flex.

2 episodes left and the next exam will probably be done in one episode and the last one will finish off with the gang strolling around the magic city. Looking forward to them!
Yuu_KanzakiMar 14, 8:55 PM
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 15, 1:02 AM
Nov 2023
Epic episode that satisfyingly and neatly wraps up the dungeon
Mar 15, 1:05 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Yuu_Kanzaki
The stare is too cold, Frieren, too cold. Sad that Lawine didn't pass the exam with her best friend, I was hoping they would be together.

Turns out Frieren CAN use other offensive magic. I actually doubted if she can use anything other than basic attacks but it's just that her opponents so far sucked so bad she didn't need to lol. Now that's a flex.

2 episodes left and the next exam will probably be done in one episode and the last one will finish off with the gang strolling around the magic city. Looking forward to them!
@Yuu_Kanzaki What did you think she used before 80 years ago then? Since we know Flamme alone spent 50 years teaching her various "magic for revenge" and she could defeat demon generals even before meeting Flamme.
Mar 15, 1:19 AM
Nov 2023
Good episode but frieren soon tho 😢
Mar 15, 2:55 AM
Apr 2023
Best..............................
Mar 15, 4:08 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to delirific
@Yuu_Kanzaki What did you think she used before 80 years ago then? Since we know Flamme alone spent 50 years teaching her various "magic for revenge" and she could defeat demon generals even before meeting Flamme.
@delirific Honestly, prior to Zoltraak becoming what humans know as "basic" offensive magic, I thought Frieren had used something even more basic than it. Since she wasn't really shown to have used anything else other than zoltraak (besides those "silly" magic spells), and even when she was againts Aura she basically used zoltraak for most if not all the time, I wasn't really sure if she could use something else.

On that note, I thought there wasn't any other offensive magic because almost all magic users fight using zoltraak.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 15, 5:39 AM
Dec 2021
animation was everything
Mar 15, 7:34 AM
Nov 2017
So great animation
Mar 15, 9:17 AM
May 2016
Absolutely amazing
Mar 15, 10:23 AM
Feb 2024
This is a masterpiece
Mar 16, 5:34 AM
Mar 2015
Ok episode, not the best IMHO.
Mar 17, 2:19 AM

Oct 2010
Reply to Phantom_373
I’m not crazy about frieren but god dam the ed song slaps
@Phantom_373 Voting best ED of the year
Mar 17, 5:22 AM
Jan 2024
One of the best episode
Mar 17, 9:55 AM
Jan 2023
Masterpiece 10/10
Mar 17, 12:48 PM
Jul 2020
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Mar 18, 10:18 AM
Feb 2022
ONE WORD, PERFECT!
Mar 18, 5:46 PM
Apr 2021
greatest episodes of all time
Mar 18, 7:18 PM

Mar 2008
I guess Ubel is just overly confident which ironically makes her actually strong.

That animation with some of that magic looked pretty wild.

Mar 19, 7:54 PM
Jul 2020
Great battle, madhouse on fire
Mar 19, 11:25 PM
Jan 2021
absolute banger of an episode
Mar 20, 12:47 AM
Mar 2024
Efeknya gilasih keren banget pake banget, ceritanya juga bagus dan gk ngebosenin
Mar 21, 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
The opening sequence with Frieren and her clone looked spectacular, same as its conclusion near the end of this episode. It's a shame there couldn't be even several seconds of Übel using her move, or seeing a tiny bit more of fights between other mages of various clones. It'd be better than another unfunny and repetetive "haha Frieren and mimic" joke.

Oh well, at least we could admire Ubel's character design, so I ain't that much upset because of not seeing the full fight. ;)

Speaking about Übel, her magic seems to be totally convenient and close to being an asspull, but whatever. It looks cool and perfectly executes "mastering the simplest move" rule. Fern also follows it by spamming Zoltraak, instead of using more refined magical moves. Übel just goes with mastering Reelseiden. What I didn't like is lack of showing the fight between Übel and Sense's clone.

Going back to the technical aspects of this episode, I think it was the best looking one so far. Art and animation were superb in many scenes and the whole episode represented even higher than already high mean production quality offered by this show.

Anyway, the second stage has ended. Spiegel has been defeated, bald mage (I forgot his name) managed to get out alive, and a lot of contestants succeeded in passing the test. One more exam left till receiving the 1st Class Mage promotion, eh?
AdnashMar 21, 12:59 AM
Mar 21, 7:52 PM
Nov 2018
foda pa crl essa porra ai bixo
Mar 22, 11:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They did it but they were near to lost!!!
kekeke
Mar 22, 1:02 PM
Feb 2024
ABSOLUTE CINEMATIC
Mar 22, 2:28 PM
Jun 2017
Very painful episode, so many things, and all of them incredibly painful. Like presenting cooperation and communication as some big brain idea against replicas. This works in most other cartoons, where replicas exist for 10 minutes inworld, but not for a thousands years labyrinths. Thousands years old labyrinths need Power to conquer, not 8grade cringe level reasoning one weird tricks.

Then the green haired girl, wanting to cut hairgirl half. "But you are very week" "it's ok, I am braindamaged, unlimited power unlocked, thats how magic works in this world". No, thank you.

Random explanations dropped between the mages in the first class exams "battle between mages is like rock-paper-scissors". Yeah, no.

I was ready to give away both of my ears, and one of my eyes if this episode ended sooner. Well, I'm glad it ended, probably next arc will be better
Mar 22, 3:25 PM
Aug 2021
Bagus banget cukk
Mar 22, 3:31 PM
Oct 2022
MASTER PIECE QUALITY, GRAPHIC AND HISTORY
Mar 22, 4:10 PM
Nov 2023
Amazing, so beautiful episode
Mar 22, 4:12 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing i Love this anime
Mar 22, 8:50 PM

Dec 2022
boy getting adapted by a top level studio with maximum effort was the best thing that could have ever happened to this story. this arc just did not pop off the page in the manga because this kind of stuff requires uniquely magnificent battle shonen art to sell it. and there are plenty of good things to say about how good the manga is but uniquely magnificent battle art is not one of them
Mar 22, 10:12 PM
Feb 2022
Masterpiece, Masterpiece, Masterpiece 10/10
Mar 22, 11:47 PM
Mar 2024
Very good I love it so much
Mar 23, 3:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn so the previous Zoltraak still not enough.

The visual goes hard this episode, no 3dcg bs, smooth af, this is truly cinema.

Ubel part never cease to amaze me how she always flex her armpit confidently. Must be proud to be able to cut through everything, huh? But the fact that her magic requires such a high level of visual imagination. Wonder what happens if she fights against the height of magic, a pinnacle of mage, Frieren the Slayer.

But well no necessity for that. Second test already over. Sad for Lawine and Richter tho, failed because of the ambush. Other than that, two more episodes before the end of the peak....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

851 by vit »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16

305 by Arxanum »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26

272 by nickehhhhhh »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

243 by nickehhhhhh »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

209 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.