Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 1:09 PM

May 2018
Ok, I liked the VAs very much, but the story is quite trashy, so I am dropping this.
Apr 10, 1:10 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to RKGS
What is the point of adapting ecchi and making it not ecchi by slapping censorship everywhere? Very unfortunate adaptation.
@RKGS they really didn't censor it that much it was literally like 2 scenes, adaptation seems pretty good to me
Apr 10, 1:22 PM
Apr 2016
Am I delusional or does the censoring even matter for this series? like the Manga doesnt really use nudity after the first few arcs.
Apr 10, 1:46 PM
Sep 2012
Reply to kratos960203
@MrHunterxHunter nudity , fan service read manga you would get it.
@kratos960203 ah so a good thing it got censored then. Don't give a damn about that
Apr 10, 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Tropisch

well ofc the manga is almost always more cultured than the adaptation... what can we do? :/

DarkDooM2 said:
Man, they really just had to censor Sumireko's huge inverted nipples huh... Even her ass...
Which is a shame since the anime did everything else really well.

as par usual... we can only hope the BD fixes everything...
@EcchiGodMamster IKR What's the point of having big bobba heroine if they are just going to censor shower scene?

Apr 10, 2:22 PM
Jun 2009
It was an interesting first episode. I like the atmosphere. Gonna keep watching.
Apr 10, 2:57 PM
Dec 2016
No, No, No NO!! How will I jack off to my animes now????????? Story. Ruined.
Apr 10, 3:03 PM

Aug 2021
Honestly, a great start for a mystery anime.
I don't know, but I'm not watching this anime for the ecchi moments. The story seems very interesting and I'm excited for what's to come.
Apr 10, 3:32 PM

Nov 2023
I don't really know how to feel about this episode.

It seems alright, but I'm not that interested yet. I'll give it another episode or two.
Apr 10, 3:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After seeing this on the list of shows for this spring, it was immediately one of my most anticipated because I’ve been wanting something Dark Gathering-ish ever since that show ended, and although there isn’t much horror on this so far I very much liked what I saw. First off, I can’t not mention our beautifully stacked MC Sumireko, I know the synopsis listed that she’s busty but good lord I wasn’t prepared anyway lol, there wasn’t much fanservice in regards to them but that’s mainly thanks to her being a loli for half the episode, I’m betting we’ll see those massive mammaries get some action going forward lol. This aside I really enjoyed the plot of this episode, it was a different direction than I saw this going in but I really enjoyed it, it is kinda funny how they took the especially stacked waifu and shrunk her down at the very start lol.

And despite Sumireko looking a different type of cute as a loli, it was actually kinda gruesome when she started bleeding from the eyes and ears, and the explanation that went along with that made it even scarier, however Sumireko was enjoying being able to write as a kid again so a chase involving several bouts of growing and shrinking commenced lol. Thankfully tho our boy Adashino talked her out of using such a method to write when she’s got a fan right there, and into some weird spooky land the book goes, needless to say this really intrigued me lol, now I’m ready to strap in and see what this show is all about, I’m hoping it’s a great time because I can easily see it being a favorite of mine this season. It is a shame to hear about the censoring but I hope they can still deliver some nice stuff without showing nudity if we never get any.

And lastly that OP and ED were both very good, the most fanservice in the episode regarding Sumireko was actually in the OP of all places lol, but man I especially liked that ED song, that’s already one of my favorites this season.
TheColonel76Apr 10, 3:53 PM
Apr 10, 4:01 PM
Apr 2016
@ThatSneakyRat Oh yeah it's still airing, you can check the mangakas twitter https://twitter.com/NJ_Kilroy
Apr 10, 4:04 PM
Apr 2016
@GTRaijin I definitely should. So I am not delisional think that series doesn't really take a profit for having ecchi scenes? And I'm not delusional that the manga later stop including ecchi as heavily as it did in the first 2-3 Volumes?
Apr 10, 4:08 PM
Apr 2016
@ThatSneakyRat Yes, We'll have to wait ^^
Apr 10, 4:17 PM

Feb 2019
We finally have something to scratch the Dark Gathering itch! Really impressed by the first episode of Mysterious Disappearances. Looks like it’ll be a fun dark supernatural series with a cool adult MC for once. Shades of Summertime Render as well.

Solid introductory episode that set the tone for the type of world and cases we’re gonna be seeing. Will have to see more cases and learn about the lore to really evaluate things, but I like that it doesn’t shy away from blood and gritty scenes. A very eerie and tense atmosphere was over the whole episode and I felt like it was gonna take an even darker turn, which based on the ending scene, may not be far away.

Always good to get more horror stuff in this medium 👍

And Jesus Christ the amount of booba meat in that OP 😳
Marinate1016Apr 10, 5:02 PM
Apr 10, 4:29 PM
Feb 2019
It's ok, BUT... they should stop making HUGE tits !!

It looks disgusting.
Apr 10, 4:57 PM

Sep 2023
Given her assets, it's too bad this one does not have an ecchi tag 😅

This is pretty weird but interesting and I like the artistic direction, let's see where it goes from here.
Apr 10, 5:05 PM

May 2019
It's a shame to hear that this has been censored especially after getting Gushing Over Magical Girls, Chained Soldier, and Tales of Wedding Rings last season.

Beyond that this did remind me of Dark Gathering with its spooky atmosphere. The boy, Ren, reminds me of a male version of Yayoi with his paranormal knowledge since he knew about the book and what happened to Sumireko.
Apr 10, 5:59 PM
Jun 2021
This first ep was quite interesting.

First of all, the op was actually great, probably the best of the season so far.

I really liked the art style, I thought it was pretty unique. The few main character designs we saw this episode were cool aswell.

The plot was interesting. There are still MANY things that have yet to be answered, but the supernatural elements so far were quite cool.

I personally don’t really care about all the censorship drama, if the shows good then it doesn’t really matter to me.

Overall, good first ep. Still confused about a lot of things, hopefully future episodes expand the world and characters.
Apr 10, 6:22 PM
May 2016
Reply to FMmatron
Biggest boobs in mystery since Occultic Nine. What am I talking about those boob physiques are still unmatched

@FMmatron

Exactly what I thought, if you are going to go big, go big or go home I always say. (o)(o)

Story was good too, so bonus for that.
Apr 10, 6:46 PM

Apr 2020
I can tell there's something HUGE about this anime. OP and ED songs are both bangers, I loved them.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 10, 7:00 PM
Aug 2021
@NB_Tenchy The only one with contempt here is you, it's all over how you write. "Doesn't matter" and the like. Yeah only to you, since you anti-fanservice folks just have this immense hatred to the point you explicitly seek out discussions of censorship to club people over the head in the hopes they stop talking about it.
It's an ecchi series. I want to see the ecchi, but Kadokawa and Zero G saw it prudent instead to butcher the adaptation and make it sterile. Not only that, they did that to a series that literally sells itself ON sex appeal no less.
Face it, you don't have any actual explanation for "broadcasting laws" or anything, because you don't know squat about them. Really you don't know much about anything, that's why you tried comparing this to MonMusu or Kekkon Yubiwa while failing to realize what separates them and their uncensored versions is the composition of the shots.
I'll give you a hint though and just inform you that Japanese broadcasting is more lax than you think, especially in this context, and especially on these channels. Try a different angle next time.
Apr 10, 7:54 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Eh I’m not sure how I feel about this one. It does have an interesting premise, but I don’t know how I feel about all the nudity 😅 Will watch a couple more episodes to get a feel for it
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Apr 2022
well that was an okay start, somewhat interesting. not a fan of sumireko's design though, especially those eyebrows.
Apr 10, 8:21 PM

Jan 2017
There are some things that I still don't understand but this one got my attention.
Dark color, creepy eyes, mystery, poems, and interesting character/s: I'm up for it.
Glad that I could actually watch something nearly-horror in this season.
i will surely follow this 🖤
Apr 10, 8:55 PM
Jun 2014
Reply to sakurasyinks
There are some things that I still don't understand but this one got my attention.
Dark color, creepy eyes, mystery, poems, and interesting character/s: I'm up for it.
Glad that I could actually watch something nearly-horror in this season.
i will surely follow this 🖤
@sakurasyinks The dark creepy eyes are just there to convey a sense that the characters with them are not normal people. The books being called a 呪書 「Juusho」is just a literal name with 呪 「Ju」meaning spell; curse; charm; and 書「sho」meaning write.
Also identifying the book as a 万葉集 「Manyoushuu」which is an 8th century anthology of Japanese poetry. The story is using the book like a Grimoire. It's also pretty neat to see the Waka being. Also Adeshino says she can reverse the "curse" by completing the poem. He calls the first part 反歌 「hanka」which mean 短歌 「tanka」 appendage to a 長歌「chouka」long poem. A haiku is 5-7-5, a tanka is 5-7-5-7-7, a chouka is 5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-7.

It's a fictional spellbook with cultural depth of the Nara period. Not something you see often as a plot device. The non-spellbook Manyoushuu is 100% real though.
NB_TenchyApr 10, 8:59 PM
Apr 10, 10:44 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't know anything about this show until I read the comments about some big boobs which made me want to try it xD.

Tits aside (which... goddamn), I liked it a lot, it's really interesting and I love their banter/teasing. I will definitely be following this show every week.
Apr 10, 11:57 PM
Oct 2016
No child nips like int the manga.. its so over
Apr 11, 12:28 AM
Jan 2020
big mommy milkers

But damn, they nailed the aesthetic in the OP and ED.

Can't imagine what prime Shaft would do to a show like this. It would probably look like Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.
Apr 11, 12:44 AM

Oct 2021
No nipples? Automatically dropped!
Apr 11, 2:27 AM

Jul 2020
okay these huge fucking milkers seem like an overkill to me, lol
Apr 11, 6:06 AM
Aug 2021
A bit sad about the censorship but i still like the first episode very much. I guess they wanted to portray the mystery aspect more so people that are not fond of fanservice will give this one a chance and tbh the mystery aspects of the manga are awesome so i have big hopes that atleast this will be portrayed to the best of their abilities. I definitely will keep watching.
Apr 11, 6:53 AM
May 2019
Reply to WedaFuogala
@kratos960203 ah so a good thing it got censored then. Don't give a damn about that
@WedaFuogala thank you for your very valuable feedback. please fuck off.
Apr 11, 7:03 AM
Dec 2023
Pretty good, tho it can become boring onward if male MC will just be figuring everything out so fast. Fanservice is unnecessary but I can appreciate it
Apr 11, 7:17 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Nucleus69

if you were on this site back in 2016 it was probably 10x worse LMAO

i wouldnt have eventually named myself "ecchigod" if that wasn't the case lol

anyway...

yea... i don't think people realize that even people who don't necessarily like it STILL agree its dumb to change it but its usually the squeeky wheels that get the grease... until of course its something THEY care about that gets removed, then all of a sudden its a problem
Apr 11, 8:32 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to RKGS
What is the point of adapting ecchi and making it not ecchi by slapping censorship everywhere? Very unfortunate adaptation.
@RKGS

I checked the manga, and, while I agree, you are making it a bigger deal than what it actually is.

The anime as kept all the lewder elements and shows almost just as much skin, the only difference is that the anime doesn't show nips, which were only in like 2-3 panels anyway.

still a downgrade in that regard, but it's not a huge deal
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 11, 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
This looks interesting
Her eyebrows though
Apr 11, 9:59 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to APolygons2
@RKGS

I checked the manga, and, while I agree, you are making it a bigger deal than what it actually is.

The anime as kept all the lewder elements and shows almost just as much skin, the only difference is that the anime doesn't show nips, which were only in like 2-3 panels anyway.

still a downgrade in that regard, but it's not a huge deal
@APolygons2 it's not just the nips tho, they didn't even keep the ass shot in the shower scene. I can understand it when it comes to nipples, but why censor the ass too? "shows almost just as much skin" is straight up wrong and you know it. It's just another prudish adaptation of an ecchi.
Apr 11, 10:06 AM
Oct 2019
What a cool vibe this episode gave, I really liked the atmosphere of the anime, I'll definitely follow it
Apr 11, 10:18 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to Badonkers
No nipples? Automatically dropped!
@Badonkers Not everything can be Gushing Over Magical Girls
Apr 11, 10:22 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to NB_Tenchy
@sakurasyinks The dark creepy eyes are just there to convey a sense that the characters with them are not normal people. The books being called a 呪書 「Juusho」is just a literal name with 呪 「Ju」meaning spell; curse; charm; and 書「sho」meaning write.
Also identifying the book as a 万葉集 「Manyoushuu」which is an 8th century anthology of Japanese poetry. The story is using the book like a Grimoire. It's also pretty neat to see the Waka being. Also Adeshino says she can reverse the "curse" by completing the poem. He calls the first part 反歌 「hanka」which mean 短歌 「tanka」 appendage to a 長歌「chouka」long poem. A haiku is 5-7-5, a tanka is 5-7-5-7-7, a chouka is 5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-7.

It's a fictional spellbook with cultural depth of the Nara period. Not something you see often as a plot device. The non-spellbook Manyoushuu is 100% real though.
@NB_Tenchy Nice. That's some useful and pretty interesting info, arigatou! 😁😍
Apr 11, 10:37 AM
Nov 2022
I liked it, it looks very interesting, it seems like it will have a deep lore and I like that xd.

Sumireko, waifu of the season 🚬.
Apr 11, 10:43 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Nucleus69
@APolygons2 it's not just the nips tho, they didn't even keep the ass shot in the shower scene. I can understand it when it comes to nipples, but why censor the ass too? "shows almost just as much skin" is straight up wrong and you know it. It's just another prudish adaptation of an ecchi.
@Nucleus69 I mean, That one scene yes, but other than that, they did show almost just as much skin.

Plus, with the breast shot of the op, they might as well have shown the nips, lol

That was EXTREME by opening standards. I have seen far lewder shows even in comparison to the manga that don't have shots that spicy in the op!

We'll see as it goes though. I doubt we'll be seeing nips unless they decide to add it in the blue rays, but still.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 11, 10:47 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to APolygons2
@Nucleus69 I mean, That one scene yes, but other than that, they did show almost just as much skin.

Plus, with the breast shot of the op, they might as well have shown the nips, lol

That was EXTREME by opening standards. I have seen far lewder shows even in comparison to the manga that don't have shots that spicy in the op!

We'll see as it goes though. I doubt we'll be seeing nips unless they decide to add it in the blue rays, but still.
@APolygons2 that's the thing too, you know it's not just that one shower scene that they have censored. There's gonna be multiple more scenes going forward in the future episodes that will be censored too.

And yeah, no. I straight up don't expect anything from blurays releases anymore unless they specifically announce them to have something. Especially after how the blurays for Goddess Cafe Terrace turned out where they just kept all the steam and light beams completely unchanged.
Apr 11, 10:50 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to LyLord
@Badonkers Not everything can be Gushing Over Magical Girls
@LyLord ironic because Kadokawa was also behind Gushing over Magical Girls, and that anime was even lewder than its manga. But in this case it's the complete opposite. It's like for every one anime adaptation Kadokawa produces that adapt the ecchi content of the source faithfully, there's ten other anime adaptations from them that end up heavily censored.
Apr 11, 10:59 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
We got ourselves another mystery on our hands and it looks like were dealing with the supernatural occult. Sumireko and Adashino seems like an odd paring at first, but they have really good chemistry as Sumireko is struggling to become a novelist while Adashino has connections to the underworld. I can see why Sumireko wanted to keep the cursed book at first as she was able to come up with more ideas to write with as she was younger which really tackles how Japanese would often go back to a time when they were young again. At first I was concerned that no one was going to pick this series up like how no one picked up Girl Band Cry, but I'm glad Cruchyroll picked this one up.
Apr 11, 1:39 PM
May 2012
Pupa director truly gives a Pupa vibes.
cekekiApr 11, 3:34 PM
Apr 11, 2:50 PM
Jul 2023
Very good start, I want Sumireko Ogawa to hug me and tell me its going to be okay
Apr 11, 2:50 PM
Apr 2021
Ok first episode was pretty damn good I’m pretty intrigued and interested as to who wrote the book and why phenomena’s be happening with the those books, who Adashino went to at the end of episode, why they had a noose him and how did that person who “reverse shoplifted” that book even got it in the first place. Too many questions fr🤔

This show kinda give me Dark Gathering vibes so I’m hoping this show can give me that feeling bc Dark Gathering was SUCH a good scary mysterious show and Mysterious Disappearance’s looks like it’ll be the next show to do that🤩

Enough about the plot and let’s talk about the actual plot…we got to see fat loli ass from the girl in the beginning of the beginning (my mouth was frothing😩) and Sumireko is fucking STACKEDDDDD like I was NOT expecting a ton of fanservice in the fucking opening…THE OPENING like that shit kills me man the animators are really down bad for this big tiddied 28 year old😭😫😫😫

Guess this is another show I’m adding to my watching list for this season can’t wait to see where this show takes us🤩
Apr 11, 4:19 PM
Feb 2019
Very interesting start. Getting cursed by reading an old poem is crazy, but using it to try outrunning someone is just nuts, Ogawa has a lot of potential, hope she can gain some confidence tho getting involved with more mythical stuff might not help. lol
For a moment I thought this would be a tale from witness narrative, a little like Eminence in Shadow first ep, since "her case" was resolved and the last secene shows us he's the one related to the supernatural; would've been a fun twist but doesn't seem like it.
Anyway, pretty great job from Ai Fairouz with constant changes between adult and child voice, basically seemless, and her breakdown was great with her usual raspy voice. I liked as well a lot the last cuts on the OP, with the more colorful palette, we'll see if we get more of that, but so far, quite a good effort by Zero-G. Also, kudos to the music, keeping it playful/exciting but eerie to build the suspense.
mafd12Apr 11, 5:46 PM
Apr 11, 7:24 PM

Sep 2021
A rather underwhelming premiere. Of course, I did have quite high expectations and maybe hoping for another Dark Gathering or Summertime Render is not fair towards a new show.

But I feel like it wasted so much time already. And while Sumireko seems like a decent character, Adashino is just such a creep. I thought (and hoped) he was a villain during some scenes.

Some lines were also quite confusing, such as Sumireko's "Time to disappear", which made me expect her to try and, well, disappear in the new body nobody knows. Quite confusing.

On the positive side, it did set up some interesting mystery strings. So let's see, maybe it just needs time.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

41 by speedlolita »»
Jun 17, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

43 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 16, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

27 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 15, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

41 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 13, 10:33 PM

» I feel like Shizuku and/or Tomoko is related somehow to the Nekomata character.

LordKirkis - Jun 8

2 by LordKirkis »»
Jun 10, 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.