Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 4, 2:11 PM
Dec 2014
Good start, I really miss this anime, it's so relaxing and charming.
Apr 4, 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
they almost forgot Nadeshiko is mc
also got sweaty in a cold weather and u got ill and everything
also have u ppl ever heard of soviet quiz game show called what where when? I betcha some of ya did. Never expected allusion on it in anime.

in a 82 new year game dude called Alexandr Ba'lko (b-alco?) (beard and mustache) successfully (well) get's the fire from two sticks. Kinda loo alike eh?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/63I91mD1pIg?si=56GwHRfIZcqFpPoy
povsuduvolosyApr 4, 2:35 PM
Apr 4, 2:26 PM
Jun 2020
We're so back 😭😭😭😭
Apr 4, 2:46 PM
Dec 2013
Yay! One of the best CGDCT shows is back with a third season! Not only is it my favourite slice of life show, but it's my favourite iyashikei show too.
wildhoodApr 4, 2:54 PM
Apr 4, 3:48 PM

Apr 2022
glad this show is back with its chill vibes and we got rin focus right off the bat, although i'm not too happy about the studio change and it's not horrible but the visuals are just okay for now i guess.
Apr 4, 4:25 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to ShizukaEri
I've been waiting for this anime for a long time because this anime is a good stress reliever anime. But after I saw episode 1 of Yuru Camp Season 3 I felt very disappointed. It's true that visually it is extraordinary, but in terms of animation I see a laziness there.

Starting from the stiff scene transitions, the use of too many Long Shot and Zoom in angles in my opinion, the less music used even though in the previous season there were many beautiful and trivial moments accompanied by beautiful music. And for some reason I felt that there were many scenes repeating themselves which bothered me while watching. And one more thing, maybe everyone's tastes will be different, but it's a shame that Eri Sasaki, the Ending Song Season 1 and 2 singer, doesn't appear in season 3. The song Asaka sung was actually very impressive and relaxing, but not as relaxing as the song sung by Eri Sasaki in the previous season.
@ShizukaEri Eri Sasaki wrote the ED and provided backing vocals this time. But I agree, not having her as lead vocals is a downgrade for me. I never really cared for Asaka's songs, but the way I saw it, the previous seasons and movie had a good balance of an upbeat OP/singer that represented Nadeshiko (Asaka) and a more quiet, soothing ED/singer that represented Rin (Eri). This was as much as jarring for me as the studio and art style change.
Apr 4, 4:42 PM

Feb 2014
The gals are back!! Time for more comfy camps ahead.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 4, 4:52 PM
Oct 2019
Seyana~
We are so back!!

Ngl i was little worried about the new artstyle from watching the trailer, but i think it doesn't really bothering me anymore.
I think 8bit did a decent job for the first episode.

Asaka is back for the ED song, as expected another Banger.
Apr 4, 4:56 PM

Feb 2019
Different studio, slightly different look, but same old Yuru Camp that we know and love. Been too long since we had this in our lives. Anime of the season 🤞

Rin’s flashback to her grandpa taking her camping and teaching her how to make fire was so sweet, perfect segue into the girls creating their own alcohol burners since they’re so broke 😂. A group of friends who want to go on a trip, but no funds is so real. Nadeshiko, Aoi and Chiaki are just as fun as we remember them. Can’t wait to see what they get up to in this season.

8bit got some big shoes to fill, but they’re off to a good start so far. Definitely seems like the colours are brighter and designs are a little different, but still has that same magic. OP visuals are good, but I think the song is weaker than the first two. The ED song is really good though!
Marinate1016Apr 4, 5:18 PM
Apr 4, 5:05 PM
Jan 2022
with this new season trying to replicate the manga, of course i had to compare what was animated and, in my opinion, they pulled it off pretty well. Of course, more episodes are needed to create an opinion but still, i like how they made the character pop in accurately.

but I still have 3 things that I'm a little sad about: 1) that they didn't cover the conversation between ayano and rin fully (i guess they still want to keep the next main camp a secret), 2) that they didn't animate the little section at the end where it shows only Nadeshco's lamp being rusted and 3) that the little sketches that usually appear after the ed aren't there (well, this could change)

And of course, there was, in my opinion, the worst blunder of all. In the frame at 13:19, they butchered the faces.

There is also the fact that the message icons do look a bit weird

little side don't you think (if u read the manga) that they widened aki's face? I mean, there is something off about the design and i can only pin it to that and the fact the iris is colured in

also what's ur guys opinions on the (i think) anime original sequence with rin
Apr 4, 6:20 PM

Aug 2015
I was worried that the art would get ruined with the studio change but luckily I think this is fine. In fact, it seems like the background art even had an upgrade. The animation did however seem to be a little less polished, but it's hard to say after only the first episode. I am a bit conflicted with the lack of details on the character drawings though, since the increased detail in the background art makes the very simply drawn characters stand out a lot and look a little bit out of place. Overall I'm satisfied regardless.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 4, 6:44 PM

Jan 2020
Imo, the animation is ok, i for some reason prefer it more than the old one. It looks more realistic now. They look as cute as always ofc, very wholesome too. I don't see why some people are disappointed with the animation, i don't really see any issues with it, yes there are some flaws, but let's be real, every anime in the world have flaws in terms of animation.

They're trying something new, and it's going well, i don't think i'll be disappointed with it in the upcoming episodes.
Apr 4, 7:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So happy to have Yuru Camp back. It's so cute, comfy, and cozy. I didn't really have any issues visually speaking. The art style is still cute and they're still using actual photographs that have been traced over as backgrounds.

This episode felt like they wanted to get back into the swing of things, which is why it felt a little uneventful. Nice to see Rin's first camping experience though!

So excited to see more!
Apr 4, 8:08 PM
Mar 2024
FUNNY&COMFORTABLE
Apr 4, 8:44 PM
Mar 2015
on the road again just can't wait to get back on road again
Apr 4, 9:23 PM

Oct 2022
The new artstyle is still good. How I missed Shimarin and the gang.

Apr 4, 9:43 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to landofthekwt
on the road again just can't wait to get back on road again
@landofthekwt Let's gooo!
Apr 4, 10:04 PM

Nov 2022
It was so funny to see grandpa showing off and making fire
And years later she recognized how hard he must have worked
Apr 4, 10:21 PM

Mar 2020
The camping girls are back! Really glad to see Yuru Camp back after a few years, and certainly, Studio 8bit has some big shoes to fill. The new designs will definitely take some time to get used to, but the backgrounds still look awesome.

There's little better than just sitting back and relaxing with an episode of Yuru Camp, and I saved it for nighttime for a reason, to maximize those comfy vibes. Having camped a lot through my childhood, seeing all that camping gear just brings back memories. I don't imagine I'll have too much to say throughout this season, but it's sure to be a fine one!
Apr 4, 10:55 PM
Dec 2022
It is so great to see the same casts back into this relaxing travel anime. Have high expectations for this 3rd season. Straight into traveling and camping which the series are all about. More beautiful scenery of mountainous and coastal Japan coming up.
Apr 4, 11:51 PM
Feb 2021
The concerns I had about the change of studio were totally meaningless, 8-bit did a magnificent job capturing the original essence of Yuru Camp, made the change feel like something very fresh adding elements of storytelling but keeping the warmth that Yuru Camp has always brought us... the landscapes, the ambience, opening and ending, and above all, the characters, are a work worthy of the saga, I am happy to see back one of my favorite animes that i have more affection for, this initial chapter leaves me full of tears of joy and euphoria.
Danxy27Apr 4, 11:55 PM
Apr 5, 12:12 AM

Jun 2019
The cone is back, omg. It's still so cute. Anime of the year 2024.

It looks like the manga. I love it.
Apr 5, 12:40 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to AkeZZZ
The comfy camping girls are back.
How to burn your school building by Chiaki. lol... At least, they kept it safe.

Locations:
Toei Station
Yahagi Dam
Michi-no-Eki Donguri-no-Sato Inabu
Tsuku Park
the mountaintop
Shojiko Campground
I was a little worried about the art style change, but I think I'm getting used to it already. It helps that the background looks as gorgeous as ever, and they kept everything else the same; the vibes, the pine cone, the personalities, the voice acting, the music.

So happy this is back. I couldn't stop grinning through the first half with Rin.

AkeZZZ said:
Locations:
Toei Station
Yahagi Dam
Tsuku Park
the mountaintop
Shojiko Campground

Thanks for sharing these. How did you track these down?
Apr 5, 1:23 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to perseii
I was a little worried about the art style change, but I think I'm getting used to it already. It helps that the background looks as gorgeous as ever, and they kept everything else the same; the vibes, the pine cone, the personalities, the voice acting, the music.

So happy this is back. I couldn't stop grinning through the first half with Rin.

AkeZZZ said:
Locations:
Toei Station
Yahagi Dam
Tsuku Park
the mountaintop
Shojiko Campground

Thanks for sharing these. How did you track these down?
@perseii

tracking from the first location, Toei Station, + geographical knowledge, and my accustomed to the locations in Japan.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 5, 2:31 AM

Dec 2022
They might have changed studios but god damn, those backgrounds are still just as pretty.
Apr 5, 2:41 AM

Mar 2007
The flashbacks of how Rin's grandfather got her interested in camping were all so lovely.

Does anyone else now have the urge to make an alcohol stove? It's a good thing there aren't any kids around, after watching this episode it would have been nigh impossible to stop them from trying it. Looks simple and would probably work easily.

Apr 5, 3:59 AM

Sep 2018
God, I really wish I could like the new art style. I want to like it, but it's just so inconsistent and sameface-y, and rin's face is way too expressive for her character. I might try again in the future, but right now it's got really bad sequel dissonance and just hurts too much.
Apr 5, 4:45 AM

Dec 2022
I like how they had to specify not to use homemade alcohol burners because it could cause a fire, like that one time a 4channer camped in Mexico after being inspired by the anime and supposedly caused a forest fire.

Apr 5, 4:55 AM

Nov 2017
Reply to AkeZZZ
The comfy camping girls are back.
How to burn your school building by Chiaki. lol... At least, they kept it safe.

Locations:
Toei Station
Yahagi Dam
Tsuku Park
the mountaintop
Shojiko Campground
@AkeZZZ dude thanks for the real google maps ;)

Apr 5, 5:41 AM
Sep 2017
Happy to return to one of my favourite anime series this season. Glad the cast has returned as well as the original music composer. Even with the studio change they're still maintaining what made the past seasons charming, however, the backgrounds can take you out of it occasionally. It was very jarring with Fuji, it was too hyper realistic compared to past seasons where its recreated within the artstyle, but here it doesn't blend together. Bare in mind that's only with the Fuji scenes, the other times it looked fine but the characters do stand out too much against regular realistic scenery.
Apr 5, 7:59 AM
Feb 2021
Look amazjng and rekasimg. First episode can see rin childhood with his uncle
Apr 5, 8:01 AM

Mar 2022
I loved the Yama no Susume look, and now it feels these people are living in the same universe, as the god intended :D If the same studio makes Super Cub S2, my holy travel iyashikei trifecta is complete.

Other than that, I am thrilled this is back. Different char des or not, it's the feels and sights I'm here for and it delivers.
Apr 5, 8:07 AM
Oct 2019
Why do some people say they thought there would be nothing after the movie ?
You're not stupid, you know that the anime is an adaptation of the manga, right ?
The manga itself is not finished, and the film is a spin-off that takes place after even what happens in the manga.
It was a side story, not part of the manga's story.
So obviously the anime wasn't finished my brothers.
Apr 5, 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
Hell yeah Yuru camp is back and that's exactly what I need
Apr 5, 10:21 AM

May 2020
It's that time again when we experiece our adorable group of goofs doing camping. Starting off with a cute little backstory of the mitical Shima and how she got into camping, and then continuing with Nadeshiko and her friends' shenanigance at school. Can't wait for more cutness (⁠>⁠0⁠<⁠;⁠)

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Apr 5, 11:49 AM

Jul 2019
Honestly, it turned out much better than I expected, pretty much my only complaint is about the backgrounds, which sometimes look terrible and are like a bad quality photo that doesn't quite fit.

Also, I would have loved for the opening and ending to be a song by Asaka and Eri Sasaki just like in the other seasons, but I really liked them anyway.
Apr 5, 11:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Grandfather memories and intense when she tried to do fire!!!
The girls will accamp in the garden!!!
kekeke
Apr 5, 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
Our cuties come back!

>Quotes from AoB <
There is again! The ultimate technique: "It's all his fault, not mine!"
Goddess, High Bishop, you sure are popular!
まんが きけん      むがく -> Manga wa kikenjyanai, kedo mugaku desu.
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。
-> Manga isn't dangerous, but ignorance it is.
Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I didn't want to give the books leather covers.
Apr 5, 2:16 PM

May 2012
Finally it's back! The art style will definitely be something that will take a while to get used to. But I'm glad all the cast have returned. Opening song is not by Asaka, felt kinda different. At least she is singing the ending song. Overall, a lot has changed but hopefully I can get used to all the changes in this season.

Apr 5, 2:30 PM
Mar 2020
This is still peak.
My wife now regressing to cunny form is not something i expected
but i certainly appreciate.
Apr 5, 2:50 PM

May 2010
The art style is very jarring
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Apr 5, 3:41 PM
Oct 2022
What can I say... it's so beautiful! It's like going back to 2018!... when Yuru Camp! was first broadcast! and even after S2 and movie, I missed them too much... ;)...

AAAH AND HER, MY BEAUTIFUL NADESHIKO... she is still as beautiful as before even though the world is no longer the same...

Apr 5, 3:59 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Mainnus
The sound design is good, the visual look good even with some noticeable flaws, and more importantly the casts are back for more camping.
@Mainnus Rin Loli's face is so comfortable... they should make a meme with the scene... xD

Apr 5, 4:49 PM

Nov 2022
I'm getting goosebumps when Nadeshiko tries to cut the can, I thought she'd cut her finger.
The drunk teacher is back. That's good.
I'm looking forward for more iyashikei from these camping cuties.
Stress relieve on Friday Night.
Apr 5, 5:06 PM
Dec 2023
its funny, i havent touched grass in 7 months yet i love this anime
Apr 5, 6:27 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to RawrOMG
I'm getting goosebumps when Nadeshiko tries to cut the can, I thought she'd cut her finger.
The drunk teacher is back. That's good.
I'm looking forward for more iyashikei from these camping cuties.
Stress relieve on Friday Night.
@RawrOMG I completely share your fear, knowing how distracted and somewhat clumsy Nadeshiko is, was I panicking while watching her cut an aluminum can with a paper cutter? Oh God! she's going to cut herself! she's going to cut herself! >_<u

Apr 5, 6:36 PM
Oct 2023
Polvo_Aranha said:
The animation got a huge downgrade.

not really it's still the same from previous season, the character art style was the only one change but I don't mind yuru camp is still camp. let's just be great full we got new season.
Apr 5, 6:51 PM

Jul 2016
Yes! Peak comfiness has returned and with loli Rin's first (or second?) appearance as a plus.

Wonderful premiere. Background art continues to be as great as always and it seems the new character designs won't bother me as much as I first thought.
Apr 5, 8:07 PM
Oct 2018
The animation has gotten a little cuter without skimping out on the great pictures and comfy feelings
Apr 5, 8:26 PM

Oct 2010
This is probably the most negative I'm ever going to be on whatever Yuru Camp related content, but it really shows that they haven't fully blended the new character style with the landscape approaches. The latter are too photorealistic for the mood of the series and the character designs, something I think the older studio handled better by stylizing them a bit according to the rest of the drawings.

There, that's my negativity for the episode. I hope they handle it better in next episodes, or at least that it isn't as dissonant as some shots in here were, sadly.

Everything else is as lovely as ever. Particularly in the character writing, I nearly forgot how well this show does at keeping continuity across the years to make it look effectively like we are back at the same point the previous season left, both in time and in mood. The dynamics and banter are also great and it was such a healing experience as usual. The whole bit with Rin and Grandpa was amazing, getting back into one of the things I loved the most about the second season.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

77 by Stormy_77 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

54 by Stormy_77 »»
4 hours ago

» Im disappointed

Mr_Sai - Oct 2, 2023

23 by Kuroniiro »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6

55 by Stormy_77 »»
Jun 25, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30

66 by Stormy_77 »»
Jun 23, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.