Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Nov 4, 2021 3:15 AM

Jan 2020
Watched this after many spoiler in feed, my summary, everyone did things wrong, but it's acceptable,shit happens. Rudy reminds me so much of me which often responsible for many but forgot one two things, and can't actually watch the situation for what should you say(Where's sylphy, instead where is mom thing).

Paul on the other hand misunderstood Rudy's story, but with how Rudy's tell the story i think it's understandable why he's mad. It's cool that he become very dedicated by making a large party to find all the villagers and his family.

Finally, yeah we got our beautiful bodyguard Eris tried to avenge Paul, haha but Rujierd prevent her to do it. She ends up trying to cheer up Rudy, that's cute and wholesome.
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Nov 4, 2021 3:23 AM
Feb 2021

He is clearly unaware that anyone else has been caught in the calamity.
Nov 4, 2021 10:24 AM

Dec 2016
Both Paul and Rudeus had valid reasons. I can understand Paul for believing that Rudeus would find that letter since Rudeus is supposed to be more observant. On the other hand Rudeus too has point, It is understandable that with all the stuff going on, looking for his family didn't cross his mind. But Rudeus going on about Paul just having fun with women was rude considering the situation Paul was in. But since Rudeus didn't know that the same thing happened in the village too it was realistic of him to react that way. Their whole argument was quite realistic, this anime did a good job with that.

Any parent would be pissed if their child worries and asks about their girlfriend first instead of their mom. Rudeus asking about Sylphi instead of his mom was really uncaring of him. Well since it is someone else inside Rudeus so to him they are like strangers so it's understandable if he doesn't have any strong feelings for these parents.

How Eris just without any further thought reaches conclusions like “I'm gonna murder him” is pissing me off. I really dislike those type of people.
Rickydory123Nov 4, 2021 10:34 AM
Nov 4, 2021 11:51 AM
Dec 2007
Rickydory123 said:

How Eris just without any further thought reaches conclusions like “I'm gonna murder him” is pissing me off. I really dislike those type of people.
I'd cut her some slack. She clearly loves him and he did have the crap beat out of him. Upside is that the new evolved Eris listened and backed off.
Nov 4, 2021 12:36 PM

Jan 2021
Rickydory123 said:

Very much in Character though, reminds you that she still was raised as a spoilt kid who only thinks things at face value much like her grandpa, it was very similar to when Rudy was talking to him about when Eris wanted him as a tutor.

I would cut her some slack though she is developing as a Character but you can't expect it to be a flick of the switch, just look at how Rudeus still Carrys his habbits from his past life, granted he had them for a much longer time but it's realistic character growth.
Nov 4, 2021 2:30 PM
Oct 2016
Eris trying to comfort Rudy, so sweet

Nov 4, 2021 5:11 PM

Oct 2009
Harem_lover94 said:
I don't know if I'm losing my mind but these people really don't know how to write a story.

>Rudy gets caught by the "kidnappers" because he's too excited over Panties, and now will lick panties even in a life and death situation, Rudy is strong at this point, but as we have seen so many times in the past, he's not good against an actual swordsman and HE KNOWS that, there's no reason for him to have such a cavalier attitude towards actual combat.

>>Rudy doesn't immediately ask his father about the family and why he looks like complete shit getting drunk so far away from home, roving around with a band. We understand that Rudy is not a normal 12 year old, but even a loser like him would have formed some attachment to his 2nd family. Especially since he drooled over them all the time anyway.

>Rudy couldn't recognize his old bully even though it had only been a year and a half since he had met him, nor is he able to recognize his father even though it really hasn't been that long.

>Rudy can't have a decent conversation with his own father, nor does he ask what the message was about immediately after he finds out that there was a message that he missed, and instead says "message?????" as if he is unaware that the concept of messages exist. Just for the sake of having a big reveal later, the conversation sounds stupid, like a bunch of AI robots talking. People are not this passionate in public settings, especially someone like Rudy, to start having a fight just because of silly misunderstandings, not to mention that Rudy doesn't recognize his father's figure, stance and fighting style despite spending YEARS being trained by him when he was attacked earlier.

>we are told that Rudy could have actually sent a letter in the last port but CHOSE not to do so, when the entire point of the journey at this point is to get home, we thought he had no way to communicate since he was on the demon continent but we were not told before now that he had the chance to send a letter and simply "forgets to send a letter", KNOWING that Eris is so important that AN ENTIRE ARMY would be sent to help him if he just sends a letter and STILL CHOOSES NOT TO GET IN TOUCH.

>The party is comfortable enough to leave each other and walk around alone, knowing that they almost always get into trouble when they do, which is also a problem when the entire team is so overpowered that they HAVE TO BE ALONE for something interesting to happen, but you can see that something wrong with happen from a mile off as the writers think of a reason to spread the party thin. But it makes for predictable writing where I'm always waiting for something to happen, instead of being introduced to situations naturally.

>His sister EXPLODED in growth in a year and a half. That did NOT look like a 2 year old child, or even a 3 year old. And there's no way she's older than that.

Jesus, please, take a class on story writing. I'll pay for it. Send me your address and I'll enroll you into a writing class if you're someone who makes the anime.

I think you need a class in reading and listening comprehension instead.

It wasn't 1.5 years since they met, it was 1.5 years since he got teleported. It's been around 4 years since they met, I think.
Nov 4, 2021 6:57 PM

Jan 2021
Nemesis2005 said:
Harem_lover94 said:
I don't know if I'm losing my mind but these people really don't know how to write a story.

>Rudy gets caught by the "kidnappers" because he's too excited over Panties, and now will lick panties even in a life and death situation, Rudy is strong at this point, but as we have seen so many times in the past, he's not good against an actual swordsman and HE KNOWS that, there's no reason for him to have such a cavalier attitude towards actual combat.

>>Rudy doesn't immediately ask his father about the family and why he looks like complete shit getting drunk so far away from home, roving around with a band. We understand that Rudy is not a normal 12 year old, but even a loser like him would have formed some attachment to his 2nd family. Especially since he drooled over them all the time anyway.

>Rudy couldn't recognize his old bully even though it had only been a year and a half since he had met him, nor is he able to recognize his father even though it really hasn't been that long.

>Rudy can't have a decent conversation with his own father, nor does he ask what the message was about immediately after he finds out that there was a message that he missed, and instead says "message?????" as if he is unaware that the concept of messages exist. Just for the sake of having a big reveal later, the conversation sounds stupid, like a bunch of AI robots talking. People are not this passionate in public settings, especially someone like Rudy, to start having a fight just because of silly misunderstandings, not to mention that Rudy doesn't recognize his father's figure, stance and fighting style despite spending YEARS being trained by him when he was attacked earlier.

>we are told that Rudy could have actually sent a letter in the last port but CHOSE not to do so, when the entire point of the journey at this point is to get home, we thought he had no way to communicate since he was on the demon continent but we were not told before now that he had the chance to send a letter and simply "forgets to send a letter", KNOWING that Eris is so important that AN ENTIRE ARMY would be sent to help him if he just sends a letter and STILL CHOOSES NOT TO GET IN TOUCH.

>The party is comfortable enough to leave each other and walk around alone, knowing that they almost always get into trouble when they do, which is also a problem when the entire team is so overpowered that they HAVE TO BE ALONE for something interesting to happen, but you can see that something wrong with happen from a mile off as the writers think of a reason to spread the party thin. But it makes for predictable writing where I'm always waiting for something to happen, instead of being introduced to situations naturally.

>His sister EXPLODED in growth in a year and a half. That did NOT look like a 2 year old child, or even a 3 year old. And there's no way she's older than that.

Jesus, please, take a class on story writing. I'll pay for it. Send me your address and I'll enroll you into a writing class if you're someone who makes the anime.

I think you need a class in reading and listening comprehension instead.

It wasn't 1.5 years since they met, it was 1.5 years since he got teleported. It's been around 4 years since they met, I think.
Not to mention if Paul wasn't there Rudy would of easily tanked that entire group and was surprised someone that good was there because swordsman of advanced rank are not common, just look at how OP Eris was compared to other adventurers in episode 11 when they did the triple booked quest.
Nov 4, 2021 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, what an amazing episode, definitely my favorite of the season so far.

While I kind of understand Paul's frustration with Rudeus, it wasn't right for him to treat his son (that he finally reunited with) like that.

I won't lie, it felt good seeing Rudeus kick his ass.
Nov 4, 2021 8:13 PM
Feb 2016
Harem_lover94 said:

You need back to school and learn reading again Dude.

It's actually 4,5 years not 1,5 years since Rudy left home ,you take L seriously now .
Nov 5, 2021 2:02 AM

Sep 2020
Damn this season keeps getting better and better. Hope it keeps it up but I'm scared that they might fucjk up the ending like other animes though I really hope not. Also score went up a bit since this episode's release lmao
Nov 5, 2021 7:00 AM
Feb 2019
KelvinNazrey said:
Harem_lover94 said:

It's actually 4,5 years not 1,5 years since Rudy left home ,you take L seriously now .

good job ignoring literally everything else I wrote, not to mention I already corrected myself in a following comment
Nov 5, 2021 10:06 AM

Jan 2021
Harem_lover94 said:
KelvinNazrey said:

good job ignoring literally everything else I wrote, not to mention I already corrected myself in a following comment
Which Port are you referring to?

The one where they where focused on getting across to Millis in the demon continent and had no time for quests or the Milis port where Rudeus got kidnapped after retrieving Ruijerd, right after helping Eris to the Inn from Sea sickness?

Not only that what possible reason would Rudeus expect to see a quest about his family when he was dead centre of the Mana incident and had no idea the scope of it, outside of him Eris and Ghislaine being involved?

You know just because you like a character you don't have to take everything they say as fact and think for yourself with the information provided.
Nov 5, 2021 1:52 PM
Feb 2016
Harem_lover94 said:
KelvinNazrey said:

Because your wrote full of shit ,you didn't even get and understand story ,that's why you still complaining about stuff .

Firstly you must understand story and then you can complaining.

And get the fck out you fcking bad thoughts before watching ,if you don't you'll always be complain about all the fcking thing
Nov 6, 2021 6:53 PM
Aug 2017
ZeroDown said:
Yuri_Cobaia said:
Everything bad about this show resolves around the pedophile/abuser that reeincarnated in Rudy's body. Why? Because no matter how the narrative goes, he never changes. He is always this stupid WEABOO inside of a child body.

Everything that Paul said to him is completely TRUE FACTS that makes me vomit knowing that there is a stupid 30 years old behind it.

This show is a entertainment proof that there are LOSER people in the world regardless how strong they re. The protagonist of this is show is absolute garbage as a person, i hate him in every aspect ratio.

And seeing Elis conforting him in the last scene, was very irritating, because he does not deserve that.

Paul the real one here.

if you had been paying attention to what happens in this work you would know that Rudeus' teleport happened in the city and not in the village, there is no way he could have the idea that something happened in the village as well.

what the fuck offender/pedophile? he hasn't done anything to anyone, since when is a gamer now an aggressor? you're disgusting blaming the victim, if you don't remember he stayed in the room because he was attacked at school and nobody did anything to help him. and another still didn't show the part of his first relationship with a girl but when he shows she'll be 15 years old, and in japan the age that sex is allowed is 13(in my country it's 14), remembering that these age limits are defined by law, there isn't even a serious psychological study of an international definition just because they find it controversial, and they simply define an age that they think is appropriate.
I know people's real problem isn't his age but because he was fat.

Dude, the fact that masturbates for ERIS (a minor), is already pedophile issue right there.
He is a abuser because, there are tons of scenes (portrayed as humour for some weird reason) of him harassing Eris, or pretty much any women.

Remember that is a 30 years old, in a body of a KID. That does not change anything, he has his mind there. He was a victim like you said when he was alive in Earth, as Rudy he is just a stupid, fragile, coward, weak person, that tries to overcome his failures with his sick behavior towards women.

Paul was right on the begining, he even says " So you're more worrid about a girl from the village, then your own mother".

That says everything.
Nov 6, 2021 8:20 PM

Mar 2019
Intense... and Great....

Previous episode felt just normal... nothing amazing ... but this one brought again those emotions and tension that dissapeared in previous episode...

I hope, the next one gets more intense.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 7, 2021 7:55 PM
Jul 2021
quick arguement

I hate that people are assuming that paul is in the wrong here i felt that people forget the mental stress paul is facing and he is not entirely lashing out due to his son not even putting an effort of checking the scope of the disaster by looking at adventure guild. I felt that people forget paul is just a human so assuming he will do better in that situation and shitting does not account the amount of effort he placed in trying to search for his family. And what made it worse is that redeus assumed the worst of paul during this event. I felt that is invalidating the efforts he made in rasing Norn , in trying to save people and among others tooked a toll on paul and seeing his son goofing did not helped that their
I would like to say i understand that redeus is not to be blamed but blaming and shitting on paul is whole another level of pathetic and does not get the over all context of the situation. Because in his perspective he lost his family and seen the worst of what happend to his close friend, neighbors and his family. Now tell me if you are in that situation will you even have a stable mental state but despite those he still lead everyone put up the effort in finding the missing people and saving them. Paul and redeus are both wrong in the situation but people who assumed paul is entirely wrong in the situation. does not get the perspective and psyche of paul. The story is not about choosing sides but understanding the feelings of both characters.
PloobIVNov 7, 2021 7:59 PM
Nov 7, 2021 8:20 PM

Jan 2021
PloobIV said:
quick arguement

I hate that people are assuming that paul is in the wrong here i felt that people forget the mental stress paul is facing and he is not entirely lashing out due to his son not even putting an effort of checking the scope of the disaster by looking at adventure guild. I felt that people forget paul is just a human so assuming he will do better in that situation and shitting does not account the amount of effort he placed in trying to search for his family. And what made it worse is that redeus assumed the worst of paul during this event. I felt that is invalidating the efforts he made in rasing Norn , in trying to save people and among others tooked a toll on paul and seeing his son goofing did not helped that their
I would like to say i understand that redeus is not to be blamed but blaming and shitting on paul is whole another level of pathetic and does not get the over all context of the situation. Because in his perspective he lost his family and seen the worst of what happend to his close friend, neighbors and his family. Now tell me if you are in that situation will you even have a stable mental state but despite those he still lead everyone put up the effort in finding the missing people and saving them. Paul and redeus are both wrong in the situation but people who assumed paul is entirely wrong in the situation. does not get the perspective and psyche of paul. The story is not about choosing sides but understanding the feelings of both characters.
It was a 2 way blame event where neither where fully wrong or right and both sides didn't have all the information and alot of misunderstanding.

It's great storytelling because it's something that happens alot in the real world, not soo much in fiction.
Nov 8, 2021 1:43 AM
Jul 2021
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Also, gotta love all the people shitting on Rudy and acting like he’s the worst protagonist ever (extreme hyperbole btw), while treating Paul like he’s some fucking saint. They both were right and wrong in that argument. Saying it’s only Rudy whose in the wrong is just disingenuous.
expect no one is treating as a saint we emphasize on his situation grow some perspective and understand his behaviour and psyche during that time . He lost his family ofcourse he will be mad if he saw son did not even think of the larger picture. While you guys are treating redeus as infallible without even noticing how shitty he project his attitude towards paul saying he is getting on women ? really ? is that a behaviour you want to show to a person who experienced the event first hand. I felt that triggered him to be angry further because he did not even consider the situation of paul. Understand that paul is a human and redeus saying that paul has another women was another low on his part. Now tell me why would i not sympathize partly with paul given the context of situation? while i understand the redeus is cluess but it does not mean he won't look at the bigger situation or even look at how stressful his father look. furthermore i agree that no one was correct in the situation and both of them has lapses.
Nov 8, 2021 10:20 PM

Dec 2020
WOAH. that took a turn. Big big one holy fuck. im kind of surprised of how.. sad. paul looks. not in an insulting way, i feel bad for him actually like damn everything he said to rudeus i felt it. felt as in i feel like im the one being lectured too. that was pretty tense, definitely my fav ep so far

eris hugging him at the end was pretty cute too
Nov 10, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2016
Intense beyond limits.
Nov 10, 2021 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, that ending was really good but indeed Rudeus never thought about what happened.
And ofc his dad being like that makes x100 more sense now, but it's still sad man.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 11, 2021 10:10 PM
Jul 2021
Man this was a sad episode
Nov 11, 2021 10:14 PM
Jul 2021
At first I was really disgusted from how Paul was talking to Rudeus but after a minute it made sense, his family is going through alot. And I don't blame Rudeus to talk like that to his father, mine or others reactions would probably be similar. It wasn't a surprise to see Norn grown up.
Nov 11, 2021 11:07 PM
Jul 2017
Finally a good episode and it's a damned good one.
Nov 14, 2021 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
I kinda can and kinda cannot understand the father vs son in this one. They could easily explain it better to each other, it seems like even when they talked at first they did not want to understand each other. Not so forced like in some animes, but still a forced drama in my opinion, still I can accept that if they fix it fast in next episode, but I think father should come to him and say sorry not the other way.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 15, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2018
Paul is a fucking asshole.
Nov 15, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2018
The usual Eris :< hehehe

Nov 15, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2018
Dukino said:
Eris trying to comfort Rudy, so sweet

This is cute
Lots of Eris :<
Nov 22, 2021 7:08 PM

Oct 2019
This episode started showing us a beautiful city that looked like a mix of Venice (the canals), Kremlin (that church), D.C. (the two D.C.-like obelisks) + quite a bit of fantasy painted with a lot of blue. The houses of a city built on top of a lake should naturally have blue tiles, that was a nice touch. The beauty of the city was, perhaps, to soothe and prepare us for what was to follow.

And then it went deep, into the 'family squabbles' bit. Rudeus met his father Paul (who almost killed him) and they fought because Paul thought he had it too easy and should have thought of others. Was that fair when Rudeus himself was also struggling to survive and get back home? Can you think of what might have happened to others in a situation like this? Perhaps. But apparently this is not how Rudeus (and the adult soul inside him) is wired. And even if he knew about his village and his family there was probably nothing he could have done from so far away.

Paul's reaction was largely emotional, not reasonable. Rudeus' narration of what happened did not help either, since he made it sound a bit too easy (in order to brag presumably), which it certainly wasn't. Based on what we've seen since their teleportation if Rudeus and Eris had not met Ruijerd they would have almost certainly both died. Can a person who can barely survive look for other survivors? Unlike Paul, Rudeus is neither an adult nor is he a former famous adventurer with a lot of connections to form such a huge team. And unlike Rudeus Paul was not among those who were teleported away.
Nov 23, 2021 7:05 AM
May 2020
damn this eps hit different. love it
Nov 28, 2021 8:44 AM

Sep 2018
AuRomul said:
Help me here because my memory is failing me. I would have sworn that Rudeus didn't know that the event that teleported him was a widespread event, much less something that affected other people than Eris, Ghishlaine and him. The subs kept referencing to it as the "Mana Disaster" (rough translation from my language), even in the Guild's board notice, conviniently until today's episode. So, was that information supposed to magically click in his mind? Has he been shown to dismiss this information as heavily as implied by his guilt trip? Cause right now that detail just looks like bad writing to me.

Rudeus being judged by everyone, even his sister, yikes.

Monkey guy says bye.

There were wanted search posters listed in all adventure guilds. Rudi didnt know because he never cared enough to get into contact with his family, or ask about them. We know posters were there because we saw one in the Roxy scene. Rudi didnt know they were there.. because he never checked.

Incidentally, he joined the adventurer guild in Magic Content.
..hmm. Wonder if there was one in there too? If that's true it would show just how little he cared if he didnt even check it out or ask the guild for info about his home place.

I dont think the anime did a poor job with it. When watching it I was wondering why Rudi never cared to ask either.

giovgiac said:
I kind of get the argument that "he is just a kid", but to be honest, it doesn't have much to do with it. Paul is wrong regardless of Rudy being a kid or not. I guess most people haven't realized, and Paul himself doesn't quite get it at this point, but the Demon Continent is literally crazy dangerous. Paul himself might've probably died if he got teleported there, especially having to take care of Norn. Rudeus is a mage which by itself is a disadvantage, and got teleported to one of the most dangerous places in the Mushoku Tensei world. Just surviving is a big deal, he of course had no way or time to be thinking that the disaster might've affected other people. Plus, even if he had searched the Demon Continent, he would've found no one and just wasted time. Anyone that got teleported to the Demon Continent died almost immediately after all, it's just that kind of place.

Paul was an Adventurer who has been through a lot more then Rudi at that point. I think he understood enough from what Rudi told him. In fact he comments that he had a powerful guardian to protect him that made his experience much easier, which is very true. With Big Green Haired Bro around, I doubt he could have died if he tried to.

All that could have been avoided if Rudi could read the room and see that Paul has clearly been through some f'd up things. But he couldnt (because he doesnt care about others) and decides to tell a great and jolly adventure story.

Its like going to a funeral and suddenly doing stand up comedy.

If Paul did something wrong here, then its that he expected too much from the son that was amazing before, and who told him to act better.

Also compare their circumstances:

Rudi got teleported with a waifu that was very capable in combat.
Paul got teleported with a 3 year old child.
Rudi gained a super powerful guardian that can help him with anything.
Paul had to put in effort to find people, and they seem to only be average people(?)
Rudi didnt spend a single thought on the people he left behind.
From Paul we know he atleast started a search effort.

I mean, with differences like that its really hard to say Rudi is in the right here..
Which is the point. Its ment to be a wakeup call for Rudi to indicate that he is still taking everything too lightly. (remember how an adventurer died back in magicland, because Rudi thought ''it would be fine'')

Then there's the line that started the fight:
Rudi: ''do Mother and Lilia know your hanging around with pretty women like her''

Bro.. if you say that in that context, you fully deserve to get hit. Maybe you should ask about them first?

The writer did a great job at reversing the situation that happened in the intro, where Paul was the one in the wrong and Rudi the one to set him straight. It also shows with Rudi punching back that he's less mature then his father was back then.

ps: at people saying Rudi is ''just a child.'' He's not.

Even without his past life experience, at that point he's an adventurer who's had high level combat magic and some sword training at his disposal for 5+ years. And who used to give sage advice to his own dad, making his dad feel ''he doesnt get to be a parent much''
Its not strange that Paul had expectations.. or to atleast care enough to think about his family.

Calling him just a child in circumstances like that is really too wild and unrealistic.

Harem_lover94 said:

That's not poor writing. People act like that irl too. Yeah Rudi behaviour was messed up, but its very much in character for him at this point. Ultimately he just doesnt give a F about anyone that's not him unless they are right where he is. That's why this scene is so good, imo. Its reality catching up with him.

Protaku said:
Broke: Paul is bad man for beating his child
Woke: The sheer amount of deux ex machina needed to accidentally run into your kid randomly on an entire continent is unnerving.

..haha.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Nov 30, 2021 2:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
BerriesSan said:
Such a good adaptation o my god. felt the same intense heavy mood again.

I wouldn't say that... I liked how the manga adapted, when you see the mirror shattering in tiny and forever broken pieces, I was hoping the anime would do an analogy like that, instead it was too tame and almost no powerful OST.

They could have handled this part better, even considering the LN, the manga still did it the best because you just felt that with that fight something was broken for good, damaged beyond repair, while also shattering Rudeous itself, because in truth, he missed out such a key detail like he did.

Both parties are at fault here, but of course, Paul was far from right, but from what we know from Rudeous, he did make a serious mistake, because he has a lot more foreshadowing and capacity to think, easily, than even his own dad or other people, so in a sense, he really did fuck it up here as well.
And you do get to it, at least on his face.
Dec 3, 2021 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
Lol I got too caught up in Rudy's adventures that I also forgot that the cataclysm affected a lot of people including his family. I mean I get Paul's point if Rudy's been a lot places how come he didn't hear any news about the incident.
Dec 6, 2021 8:13 PM

Aug 2017
Wow nice Goblin Slayer reference in this episode. I like how intense the battle between Paul and Rudeus, both are making decent arguments if you ask me.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 8, 2021 1:46 PM

Oct 2020
I can't believe people actually think Paul was the only one wrong here. We got the confirmation that Rudy doesn't care a bit about his family, you can prove me wrong but after spending 4,5 years apart the least you can do is ask about them, so far we only got one line saying ''would they cry if they knew I was safe ''or something like that. He clearly didn't attach even one bit to his 2nd family, his goal is only women and panties. You would expect something else from a guy who is 40+ years mentally, has been bullied and made fun of, and is given a second chance to better himself. but that's just my opinion
Dec 8, 2021 3:31 PM

Jul 2019
Hey another good episode, it really goes to show the interesting worldbuilding that goes on here. I mean, there is a lot going on down here.

The fight with Paul and Rudy was kinda a little half assed, idk why this anime will try to play with heartstrings, but the scenes were important, just not executed to the best of their ability, hell if anyone even cared.

----------
DinoPapiro said:
I can't believe people actually think Paul was the only one wrong here. We got the confirmation that Rudy doesn't care a bit about his family, you can prove me wrong but after spending 4,5 years apart the least you can do is ask about them, so far we only got one line saying ''would they cry if they knew I was safe ''or something like that. He clearly didn't attach even one bit to his 2nd family, his goal is only women and panties. You would expect something else from a guy who is 40+ years mentally, has been bullied and made fun of, and is given a second chance to better himself. but that's just my opinion
As the episode literally goes through so too, Paul has valid reasons to show that, yes, Rudy is in the wrong too. Then again, the dude literally did isekai, and whilst I have no real life equivalent to suggest that it is believable for him not to care about his 2nd family, it may still be something to consider greatly.
Dec 13, 2021 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
So Rudy met up with his father again....

I didn't expect them to be so confrontational towards each other. To be fair Paul does bring up some good points. Why didn't Rudy think about the idea that everyone else got teleported? Why didn't he check to see if anyone else was transported to the Demon Continent?

These are some good questions to ask. The two of them start fighting and Rudy uses his Foresight to get the advantage and start beating down. Rudy's little sister Norm comes in to stop him, Rudy leaves and hears that his mother hasn't been found at all.

I'm excited to see what's next.
Dec 13, 2021 10:54 PM

Jul 2021
Oo another episode for a beginning of another adventure! Eris really wanted to learn how to cook because she wants to be a great wife for Rudy :o? Jk don't even care about the romance but I'm also about isekai! 4th OP is very angelic and heaven feels, almost like a beautiful composition blessed in everyone's hearing. Oh I remember that one time Rudy used to make a lot of statue figures and I thought it was all over until he has shown a Superb figure. Goblin slaying feels like a fun grind and of course Eris would be able to handle since she trained all her lives as a swordsman. Rudy really wants to impress his father through his wonderful adventure throughout the course :o. Remember guys about the Dead End rule: never and absolutely never abandon a child and always stand for justice!

Also Rudy grabbing his underwear while being at the church and trying to make himself feel superior while wearing the underwear onto his face to convincing the kidnappers through impersonating Ruijerd is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen xD but damn finally that one woman admit that their underwear is hers and I died laughing. WOAHH I got really surprised that Paul appeared because this is one of the most saddest reunion in every anime history, also seems like Paul be looking different than ever before. Also interesting how Rudy actually remembers from he has done throughout the 4.5years of adventure; meeting with Ruijerd, and the mayhem in the city of Rikarisu, then he crosses the Demon Continent and Rudy became a prisoner and cowardly trapped by beast people :o But moreover, Paul lecturing Rudy was fair enough though it's quite emotional when Rudy just starting to beat his own father and all of his families has disappeared ouch but glad afterwards, Eris and Ruijerd appeared and Eris trying to comfort Rudy is so caring of her ;)
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 14, 2021 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
Paul wasn't completely wrong with what he said but Rudy really has been working hard ever since the mana disaster so I can't agree with what he is saying either. This was such a great episode!
Dec 18, 2021 12:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Clearly the best episode so far IMO, but damn epic fail by Rudeus because he didn't know most of his family just disappeared so it's understandable that Paul is behaving like that (even though alcoholism etc uh), at least that's also good to see his little sister now that she's a bit older
Dec 30, 2021 2:38 PM

Mar 2019
Hard to pick which side to agree with. I feel like Rudy's father overreacted and I can't blame Rudy either, it just never crossed his mind that his family was teleported but then again, it was an important thing so he was at fault as well for not even giving it a thought. I really don't know how they are going to solve this.

Also Norn is kind of annoying. Like sit down, you don't know shit about Rudy and his life.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 3, 2022 3:12 AM

Aug 2013
Rudeus clearly read Goblin Slayer
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 6, 2022 6:38 PM

May 2008
Well, Paul is still a pile of crap. He sent his son away and never wrote to him, I can see why Rudy didn't know what happened to the village, he was zapped into a corner of the world that's in the Jurrasic period. If Paul was so intent on finding his family, why didn't he go looking for Paul to ask for his help? And how happy is Zenith going to be if Paul shows up to rescue her accompanied by that chick with the bewbs? My guess is "Not a lot"
PKAmmoTroopJan 7, 2022 7:12 AM
Jan 7, 2022 11:56 AM
Feb 2016
Harem_lover94 said:

Don't talk about how writing story when your fav Manga is Solo leveling Dumbass
Jan 9, 2022 5:51 AM

Jun 2020
Omg the reunion between Paul & Rudeus was so hard to watch. He was definitely relieved to see Rudeus again but also......It felt like a slap in the face. I was also enjoying the journey that Rudeus was on & everything just threw me off. What a fantastic episode!!!!

Paul looked so troubled as he would be. I feel so bad for everyone in this situation. Poor Rudeus, he was going through so much & as it seems, “selfishly” so, without regarding the grand scheme of things & he’s crashed back to reality.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 9, 2022 9:45 AM

Oct 2015
If anyone's siding with that scum of a "father" then I think you should reconsider being objective here. I'm not saying I like Rudeus so much. He has parts I like and parts I don't like. But in this case, that scum is his "father" and I repeat: FATHER. Did he even consider how hard it was for his son? NO. Cause he expected too much and he got angry when those expectations weren't reached. He didn't try to understand his, again - SON - and instead blame him. Did he even get at least happy even just _a little bit_ when he found his own son alive and healthy after a long time? NO. He was focusing on his frustrations far too much. That was selfish as a parent.

Also Eris best girl.
   HuaLian <3
Jan 9, 2022 10:23 AM

Mar 2021
Goblin slayer reference? Haha I can’t as soon as he seen her with the sniff and the slurp nice animation on the tittes. Fuck Paul sucks like he couldn’t have just hugged him and explained what had happened!
Jan 16, 2022 12:03 AM
Oct 2016
MegamiRem said:
Well damn it took only a moment for everything to fall apart. It's sad to see what has become of Paul but he's also in the wrong. It's way to much to expect that level of rational thinking from a 12 year old kid. Won't say I dun see where he's coming from but he's clearly in the wrong here. Now before anyone says Rudeus is not a 12 year old cause he got reincarnated my ans is this, first Paul doesn't know that and second he was a socially abused neet in his past life so he's got it worse as clearly shown in this episode once again. Damn this episode hit hard. Thou it was sweet to see Eris trying to comfort Rudeus. Also the new OP is very gentle.

I feel like Paul was more disappointed at how little thought Rudeus gave to his family. He didn't think to check up with them first. When he learned that the village was teleported away, first person he thought of was Sylphie over his own family. Perfectly valid complaint too because we've seen how Rudeus acts mostly out of his own self-interest. Besides, Rudeus got off pretty easy with his teleportation considering how many people got kidnapped, killed, turned into slaves etc
Jan 16, 2022 2:25 AM

Oct 2017
Eric13531 said:
MegamiRem said:
Well damn it took only a moment for everything to fall apart. It's sad to see what has become of Paul but he's also in the wrong. It's way to much to expect that level of rational thinking from a 12 year old kid. Won't say I dun see where he's coming from but he's clearly in the wrong here. Now before anyone says Rudeus is not a 12 year old cause he got reincarnated my ans is this, first Paul doesn't know that and second he was a socially abused neet in his past life so he's got it worse as clearly shown in this episode once again. Damn this episode hit hard. Thou it was sweet to see Eris trying to comfort Rudeus. Also the new OP is very gentle.

I feel like Paul was more disappointed at how little thought Rudeus gave to his family. He didn't think to check up with them first. When he learned that the village was teleported away, first person he thought of was Sylphie over his own family. Perfectly valid complaint too because we've seen how Rudeus acts mostly out of his own self-interest. Besides, Rudeus got off pretty easy with his teleportation considering how many people got kidnapped, killed, turned into slaves etc
He got off pretty easy, bruh what? He was constantly fighting for his life everyday in the demon continent also while taking Eris' safety into consideration and making it back to home. You also had the odacity to say many others had it worse as they were killed, became slaves, kidnapped and so on but did u ever stopped to think that the reason Rudeus didn't die or become a slave is cause he fought to survive and get out of sticky situations?

Yes he was worried about Sylphy more because he assumed Paul had already saved Zenith. U can clearly see the shock in his face after Paul says that he hasn't found em yet. Also the reason Rudy's entire journey he didn't think about his family's safety is cause the fact that his family were also teleported like him never crossed his mind. He already had his hands full trying to survive in the demon contintent with Eris' life also depending on him.

But yes at the end of the day he's still flawed. He was a former 34 year old neet in his previous life incase you don't remember and old habits die hard. It's not easy to change but Rudy doesn't run away from facing his issues instead he faces them head on and tries to change and that's what makes him a great character.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

468 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

471 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

416 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

303 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

228 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.