Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 26, 2011 12:51 PM

Nov 2009
I liked him taking tbe blast- he shut up for the rest of the episode.

I have mixed feelings because i am just so used to accepting cliches it isn't even funny. I recognized how lame it was, but at the same time i was able to enjoy the episode a bit.
Mar 26, 2011 7:19 PM

Nov 2008
I hope Ichika will stay on his deathbed forever xDD

and I just realized that cliches makes me laugh and facepalmy xDD ...ok that wasn't good at all...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 26, 2011 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
The anime follows the light novel exactly. And the light novel wouldn't be what I called the greatest story every had. It also lacks originality and it's quite plotless until the fifth novel. What is positive about IS,however, is that of it shines when it is compared to the rest of the ridiculous harems recently made. They were all about spineless protagonists that you want to punch. I guess that's why I liked IS, because of the character designs as well as it's quality over the recent shitty harem--I'm looking at you Samurai Girls. Honestly,however, if they are going to make S2, it will be better than the first season. The first season is more of a dragged out prologue. There's not much plot in the first three novels.The story only kicks in after vol.4.
darthfantaMar 26, 2011 8:54 PM

Mar 27, 2011 1:07 AM

Apr 2008
Has there been a huge discussion about human rights yet?

If so:
I believe in that Houki is right in letting criminals die.
ie. mass murder of criminals.

Oh morality. How relevent you are in animes.
Mar 27, 2011 4:18 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty nice episode.

Ichika getting hurt might be a good thing since he also deserves some of it for his behavior of not understanding the girls around him.
He put up a nice fight tho and talked some sense into Houki he seemed to have lost eye for the thing she was fighting and was just fighting out of joy or to destroy.
And he looked pretty peaceful in that bed.
It was no surprise he went to protect that fishing both first since he has that kind of personality but he did blow his chance to attack that white IS and even got himself hurt in the process.

This episode was mostly about Houki and some of the personality changes she went trough because she got her own IS which is extremely powerful.
She even betrayed her own ideals and was truly regretting it after the fight, and even part of there child hood was shown and she was already a tsundere back then.
I am surprised that Fang managed to slap her so hard that she fell to the ground and Fang did beat some sense into her, why can't she do the same to Ickika for ones.
In the end Houki did manage to regain sight of her goal again and there even going against orders which seems to be a major thing for Houki since she wanted to ignore the fishing boat because the where illegally in a combat zone.

Chifuyu seemed to be having a hard time even tho she didn't show much of it since her little brother got shot down and hurt.
I wonder what she will do to Houki ones this is all over and i wonder what kind of punishment the rest of the girls will get for violating a order.
Mar 27, 2011 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
That ship was just stupid...

Monad said:

Next episode will be awesome. I already decided simple because i get to see Houki in marvelous bikini scenes. We didn't have a good look at her on the beach episode so i was kind of disappointed.

Agreed ^^
Mar 27, 2011 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
darthfanta said:
The anime follows the light novel exactly. And the light novel wouldn't be what I called the greatest story every had. It also lacks originality and it's quite plotless until the fifth novel. What is positive about IS,however, is that of it shines when it is compared to the rest of the ridiculous harems recently made. They were all about spineless protagonists that you want to punch. I guess that's why I liked IS, because of the character designs as well as it's quality over the recent shitty harem--I'm looking at you Samurai Girls. Honestly,however, if they are going to make S2, it will be better than the first season. The first season is more of a dragged out prologue. There's not much plot in the first three novels.The story only kicks in after vol.4.

I'd agree with you the character designs are quite good, but Ichika is probably as spineless a protagonist as you can get.
Unfortunately, I'd have to say the same for Yumekui Merry, however to a far lesser degree. It has good character designs, enjoyable characters and an interesting premise, but the music never fits with what is occurring on screen (weird, bleeps and bloops during fight sequences for instance) and the plot progression is all over the place.
OmniknightMar 27, 2011 11:57 AM
Mar 27, 2011 12:30 PM
Oct 2010
I hate Houki.♥ Ichika x Charlotte :')♥
Mar 27, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
I really didn't like this episode.
Mar 27, 2011 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
Ichika showed he had morals and Houki with her hair down looks great. The small backstory wasn't bad. The whole everyone goes against orders and finds target seemed predictable though. Overall not a bad episode.
Mar 27, 2011 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
Oh come on. Who gives a fuck about illegal fishing ships? Their own fault for being there in the first place. Ichika is a dumbass.
Mar 27, 2011 9:30 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was bad :l
Extremely cheesy :X

OShoranO said:
Oh come on. Who gives a fuck about illegal fishing ships? Their own fault for being there in the first place. Ichika is a dumbass.

^Yes this.
Exactly what I thought. Screw the ship kill the darn thing!
Blah one more episode to go.
Let's hope Ichika doesn't end up with amnesia.
Mar 28, 2011 1:29 AM
Mar 2011
LOL at people saying screw illegal fishing ships, you guys do realize there is people on board, right? Half the stuff that people are complaining about doesn't even make sense.
Mar 28, 2011 2:49 AM

Aug 2010
I guess it can't be helped, they have to make some big fight at the end. Too bad, this show is best when it's mindless fun and harem. Being serious does not fit this show, I was laughing so hard at certain moments where I should have felt emotional over the characters that now I feel bad. I'll give it 2/5...because...well I didn't hate it per se.
Mar 28, 2011 3:56 AM

Feb 2010
Emiya said:
Am I the only one who thinks Ichika did the right thing by protecting those illegal fishermen?

...I am, aren't I.

I agree with you, it also makes Houki even more unlikeable for disregarding human lives (even if there illegal fisherman), i'm even going so far to name her one of the worst female's of the season. (Too Harsh?)

Why do I say this, well thoughout the series:
- She shows a random tsundere attitude that shows up often
- She punishes Ichika by either attacking or ignoring him
- As said she shows a disregard for human life
- She only gets depressed when the main character is in a coma.

Not even her harsh past can save her from being absolute twat. (I had to say that)

Of course she gets depressed from this and the series resolves this with the typical cliche of the Harem coming together "Snap out of it, we can defeat it with the power of friendship!!!" *sigh* Still the animation looks nice.

Last episode preview pisses me off even more and with the LN ongoing in Japan and great DVD sales there, I fear for an upcoming sequel. Now if you excuse me i'm going to spam 8-bit studios for an original IS Charlotte series instead.
ReevothemusefanMar 28, 2011 4:08 AM
Mar 28, 2011 2:52 PM

Jun 2009
Omniknight said:
darthfanta said:

I'd agree with you the character designs are quite good, but Ichika is probably as spineless a protagonist as you can get.
Unfortunately, I'd have to say the same for Yumekui Merry, however to a far lesser degree. It has good character designs, enjoyable characters and an interesting premise, but the music never fits with what is occurring on screen (weird, bleeps and bloops during fight sequences for instance) and the plot progression is all over the place.

I agree completely with darthfanta about why I continue to watch this series. In a sense Omniknight is correct, but on a certain level. Ichika is somewhat spineless in the "Harem" sense because he is too stupid to realize his surroundings but he isn't a full on coward in an "Action Romance" ideoligy. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense right now but thats just my two thoughts.
If this show were a full on harem comedy with little to no action, Omniknight would be right in saying he's spineless because of his unawareness of his surroundings. If anything I'd compare Ichika to Kamijou Touma from To Aru Majitsu no Index. He does things that he thinks is right and somehow just has girls randomly falling for him without him realizing it.
Mar 29, 2011 10:36 AM

May 2010
Silverio Gospel > Akatsubaki + Byakushiki

What's with that out of nowhere time space where Ichika gives off his cheesy lines? O.o

Anyway, the cliches are still there but I enjoyed Houki's transformation :D

Guess the last ep is 3/4 fight and 1/4 fanservice. Ok, let's get this over with.
Mar 29, 2011 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
Well I was loving this series until this completely illogical and pathetic excuse for a climax.

Let's see...
Enemy is caught off guard and is pinned down...
Perfect opportunity to rush...
Guy sees a boat that is completely SAFE, since the enemy is PINNED it cannot HARM THE BOAT. Yes, I watched that part 5 times to ensure that I was correct in assuming no bullets were aimed at the boat.
Guy rushes to stand between the boat and the enemy supposedly waiting for the imaginary bullets to fly in that direction for God knows what reason.
Enemy kicks off Akatsubaki AND THEN FIRES at Byakushiki who is standing in the line of fire of the boat.
Guy acts all cool.

What the hell is this? Does he not realize that had he taken the opportunity to destroy the unmanned IS, the bullets that were eventually shot at the boat would never have been fired? Does he not realize that the enemy wasn't aiming at the boat and that the reason bullets went that way was because he chose to stand there? The enemy was flying at supersonic speeds for a long time, is it not reasonable to assume that the enemy saw the boat there before and yet didn't shoot at it for no reason?

BakaScarletMar 29, 2011 7:04 PM
Apr 1, 2011 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
It episode felt really slow to me. Probably because I watched it after the usual weekly time I do?
Apr 3, 2011 1:01 PM
Jul 2009
BakaScarlet said:
Well I was loving this series until this completely illogical and pathetic excuse for a climax.

Let's see...
Guy sees a boat that is completely SAFE, since the enemy is PINNED it cannot HARM THE BOAT. Yes, I watched that part 5 times to ensure that I was correct in assuming no bullets were aimed at the boat.
Guy rushes to stand between the boat and the enemy supposedly waiting for the imaginary bullets to fly in that direction for God knows what reason.
Enemy kicks off Akatsubaki AND THEN FIRES at Byakushiki who is standing in the line of fire of the boat.
Guy acts all cool.

What the hell is this? Does he not realize that had he taken the opportunity to destroy the unmanned IS, the bullets that were eventually shot at the boat would never have been fired? Does he not realize that the enemy wasn't aiming at the boat and that the reason bullets went that way was because he chose to stand there? The enemy was flying at supersonic speeds for a long time, is it not reasonable to assume that the enemy saw the boat there before and yet didn't shoot at it for no reason?

You speak the truth.
If it wasn't for the fact that it is the penultimate episode, this episode would've been my reason to drop. Ridiculous ep.
Apr 5, 2011 1:36 AM

Aug 2010
What a good episode. I'm now in Love with Houki
Apr 11, 2011 6:43 AM
Jan 2011
it is sad that this anime feels rushed :(
Apr 13, 2011 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
Wow they failed horribly.

Houki does look good with her hair down though
May 1, 2011 10:55 PM

Nov 2009
Typical plot, but needed more episodes :x
May 11, 2011 8:53 AM
Jun 2010
BORING!
Jul 11, 2011 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
Its sad to see that the climax was just to bring down another unmanned IS.
Aug 22, 2011 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
Oh dear the moral sob story was awful to watch even though it's true. This episode feels so rushed.
Sep 27, 2011 4:57 PM

Mar 2011
Retrospective comment from a few days ago.

More action this time round but Ichika being a bit too Hollywood put feelings before practicality which lead to their current predicament. Bleh.
Oct 18, 2011 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Very bad episode indeed. This was just plain retarded.
Nov 12, 2011 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
Man that was pretty how when Ichika was riding Houki.
Too bad she is such a bitch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
God dammit Ichika, it was totally your fault. You can save the people on the ship later, just fckin destroy gospel first -_-. I hate how Houki was blamed for this.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 13, 2011 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
a lesson is learned here, whenever somebody "i dont wanna pilot IS/Gundam/any mecha anymore!", just need to give him/her a slap in the face and it will work :)

did Ichika started punching ppl when he was very young?
Jan 13, 2012 3:07 PM

May 2010
BakaScarlet said:

Let's see...
Guy acts all cool.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realized this. I mean, so they're about to KO the enemy, and all of a sudden there's a ship way the fuck over there and he decides to call off the attack, because if they finished off the IS instead of putting the ship in the line of fire, it would put the ship in danger? Oh, and it's Houki's fault because she focused on finishing the enemy that has the power to kill thousands (if not millions) when it gets to land instead "saving" of a random ass fishing ship?
“Money can't buy dere”
May 28, 2012 9:21 AM

Jun 2011
Okay, first girl is gonna win again. Not that I mind.

The action scenes are good, even if they're a little rushed.

One more ep! I'm excited!
May 29, 2012 2:35 PM

Dec 2011
If all the unmanned IS units are so great, I think they should just replace the manned ones with these new unmanned ones >_>
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jan 30, 2013 1:52 PM

Apr 2012
Harem FIGHTO.

That IS really puts everything else to shame.
May 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
STM said:
Very bad episode indeed. This was just plain retarded.
Jun 25, 2013 12:38 PM

May 2013
They Could Have send 6 of them to capture the silver IS but why did they only let Ichika And Houki do it 6 is better than 2
Jun 27, 2013 9:15 AM

Jun 2012
I wasnt a fan of this episode.
Jul 29, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Shinonono Houki. What a fuckin' dumbass. That scene where Rin slapped her was just too satisfying.
Sep 17, 2013 1:07 PM

Dec 2009
Character development, robot fights, finally this is what I want here.
Sep 22, 2013 6:11 PM

Jan 2013
I don't understand why she couldn't fight, or why Ichika said that.
Nov 5, 2013 7:47 AM

Nov 2012
nice episode..
ichika is down..
and hokuto.. hmm seems like she is too happy this time :p
and,, girls go to battlefield in the end :3
awesome start! XD
Dec 25, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting episode, that back story was quite nice as well! And with the next being the last episode of this season I'm sure they're going all out for it! So let's see what happens next!
Apr 16, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
Houki was very strange this episode,probably because she got exited about her personal IS and forgot about the mission.
Ichika,brave man!
I'm glad that all 5 girls are friends now :D
Btw Chifuyu can be really a bi** too,she doesn't care at all about Ichika.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 4, 2014 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
go all out on the ship. best strat ftw
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 23, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2012
Wow Houki was pretty much just as helpless as ever in that fight, even though she apparently had the strongest possible IS in the world at the time.

What was with this scene?

Also did Aka Tsubaki's speed or something have to do with the use of a one-off ability like Byakushiki? Because Ichika used his (failed) and he then ran out of energy around the same time as Houki, which was strange considering her IS was supposedly far superior when compared to others.
(Or maybe she just lost her fighting spirit)
Jun 24, 2014 6:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Smh at Houki. Oh her precious Ichika is at the brink of death and she decides to get depressed. Wow that's so weak of her. Other people would get furious and not let some sad event bring them down.

Well at least Lin slapped Houki and brought her to her senses. She needed a nice Attitude Adjustment(AA).

Jul 27, 2014 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty cliche "Oh I hate myself. I will neverror do this again thing then a slap across the face." Good episode though.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM

» I love the opening

goldfishluke - Aug 20, 2022

11 by MeguSae38 »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.