Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 14, 2010 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
i really like vampire and wolf... :)
Jan 14, 2010 10:25 PM
Dec 2009
The first episode tried too hard. The second didn't try at all. I'll go a few more episodes, but I'm close to dropping this and quickly forgetting it.
Jan 14, 2010 10:29 PM

Sep 2009
This should've been the first episode, much better than the first. And people, why bother complaining? I mean, if you watched the preview trailer, you'd get an idea there's going to be a half naked child running around. If you didn't and are just hopping on and can't stomach a little girl without a top (Oh no, baby nipples! Teh horr0rz!) then you may want to go watch some K-on Sora no Woto.

Also, their different opening to the story and the different battle makes me start to wonder if they're going to follow the manga's plot or go in a different direction. I do have a bit of distaste for the... over-dramatics though. It doesn't feel very convincing to me. But I will continue watching and see what happens.
Jan 14, 2010 10:42 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
I reviewed it here.

I agree, this should've been the first episode.

Oh and that blonde vampire spider thing.....
That sounded like Daisuke Ono.
Was it?
Jan 14, 2010 10:45 PM

Sep 2009
I haven't read the manga so I thought this was ok. I really enjoyed the battle sequences.
Jan 14, 2010 11:32 PM
Jul 2009
Needs more plot. At least they won't be censoring stuff...Don't know if that's a plus or a minus after seeing a little girl's undeveloped breast...

Looking forward to what's in store.
Jan 15, 2010 12:32 AM
Oct 2007
I'm immensely disappointed. What makes the manga better so far is that revelations make a strong impact and the story's flow is smooth. This? Insert random situations that occurred in the manga and give that a go at consistency? Please. The author shouldn't have asked SHAFT to write an original script. Was he not confident with his own story or what? I totally love SHAFT and am very much a fan, but these first two episodes are complete failures for me.
Jan 15, 2010 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
francismeunier said:
Overall it was good but they should make Mina's nipples a lot better than that with better colors.

I think a fierce 'OMG' is in place here. I'll just pretend I didn't read that, heheh.
Just pointing out some people were freaked because it was done not properly but just a opinion.
Oosran said:
desolato said:
francismeunier said:
Overall it was good but they should make Mina's nipples a lot better than that with better colors.
I think a fierce 'OMG' is in place here. I'll just pretend I didn't read that, heheh.
Uh.. lol? francis you're just getting more strange all the time, are you sure watching anime is good for your health?
I am sure my mind has not lost it....what one says, they say, does not affect him as long as he can do his job. I am still farming so no effect. Just pointing out a minor detail.
BTW I get it now about the whole change but is it not some of it just so there is money to be made from this? Kind of thing.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 15, 2010 2:00 AM

Aug 2008
I liked the episode. Vast improvement from the first crappy one.

But I still feel this show has a lot of potential it is NOT living up to. I don't see any reason why it can't have opening episodes as great as Bakemono.

Oh well. 10 episodes left...don't disappoint SHAFT.

Though the 20-30 second dance in the OP is splendid.

ED...lol.
FateEntityJan 15, 2010 2:18 AM
Jan 15, 2010 4:29 AM

Feb 2009
Gogetters said:
Alexstratz said:
Well I guess this answers how they were gonna do the censoring. But don't forget that a child's body is considered something immature and thus unattractive in Japanese culture, only we people in the west are gonna cry for pedobear in this kind of case. We do have a sick mind after all. :)
Well... i always thought that the Japanese had some very sick minds.

Well, they do make animes on people feeding on breast milk to refill their mana points so I guess you're not wrong. :D
Jan 15, 2010 6:37 AM
Mar 2009
So much ecchi and action that didn't make any sense. It seems Akira has some sort of past with Mina. Meh, whatever.

To be honest, this was quite a bad episode, but it was still entertaining nonetheless, a lot more than last episode. If this is the best SHAFT can do with this show then I'll lower my expectations for the rest of this season.
Jan 15, 2010 6:41 AM
Jun 2008
The one time DFC made me feel like a dirty paedophile.
Jan 15, 2010 8:19 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monad said:
gorki said:
I think this show goes too far in the lolicon parts. They are near the edge of what is barely bearable. It shouldn´t be allowed or it should be censured. I bet some pedo... are having a feast with this sh...

I'm definitly pondering giving up on this show.

Oh! for the love of God don't you people have anything else to talk about? Why the heck to you care what some pedo does and i highly doubt he expected an anime so he can have a feast.
If you want to give it up because it offends your sense of prudency then please do it and leave us alone.

There are people so obsessed with "omg...this is pedo" and look too deep into it....

They just have to learn to get over with it.

Other than that, Akira losing his memories was kinda lame. That came out of nowhere....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 15, 2010 8:23 AM

Jul 2008
animemark35 said:
I want the original story not this crap. Oh well what can you do i guess, it was probably to harsh to animate into a series. So they didn't have much choice but to change it i guess.

Memory loss, why do this to us?
What kind of an accident would make a werewolf lose there memory?

well all this said I will give the next few eps a try and if it continues to disappoint i will abandon this just like fairy tail.

fairy tail's animation is cheap but if you ignore it a little you will find it quite ok. we're at gray's arc now so try watching again?*im saying this because of the manga im disappointed with the animation too*

Dance in vamp bund seemed like a good title but the anime is a total fail.
ep 1 was boring but it ended quite well.Mina=cool.
but ep 2 was boring all the way..twilight book is not this boring.

first ep comes Geckoman
second ep comes Spiderman
maybe next week we get Batman.
then soon catwoman will come along as well...
Im like WTF when i see spiderman but when mina asked the bloodline question
i thought it was acceptable...

Princess getting webbed by spiderman? im disappointed..it makes Edward the true KING of VAMPS.

Werewolf as vamps' pet doggies? I dont like it.

his transformation sequence is a bit off...they should do it like the werewolfs in the Van Helsing movie....

I might drop this if the next 2 eps fail as well.
~Bokura wa deau tameni koko e umare ochita
Toki wo tsumugu tashikana uta ni michibikare habataku yo~
Jan 15, 2010 8:40 AM

Sep 2007
After 2 episodes... dropped.

I have to say, I read some of the manga (like 2 chapters I think), and it had potencial. Disliked the naked loli in it though. Yet, it was kinda interesting.

Now, we have the anime which is not following the manga at all. It is not a bad thing in general, I really mostly don't mind it. But! Sudden amnesia? Lame. The Queen of vampires tripping cos of her clothes, or crying because of joy? Lame. The fact that you barely can't see the guy during the action scene. Lame. Doing the E.T.-moment before tha moon while the guy is stark naked. Lame.

And the whole animation quality is just crap compared to any other anime SHAFT ever did. And switching the focus every 10 second did work in Bakemonogatari, but won't work here. Mostly cos Bakemonogatari is mostly just talk, but this should be action.

Anyway... dropped for good.
Jan 15, 2010 8:52 AM

Sep 2007
Hikari no Densetsu style for the opening ! :D
So ... For the other thing ... i will wait. :|
Jan 15, 2010 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
What was with the fart sound when that web grabbed ahold of Mina? XD

Meh-ish episode. If episode 3 won't improve, I'll probably drop this.
Jan 15, 2010 12:01 PM

Aug 2007
cabalistxwhite said:
animemark35 said:
I want the original story not this crap. Oh well what can you do i guess, it was probably to harsh to animate into a series. So they didn't have much choice but to change it i guess.

Memory loss, why do this to us?
What kind of an accident would make a werewolf lose there memory?

well all this said I will give the next few eps a try and if it continues to disappoint i will abandon this just like fairy tail.

fairy tail's animation is cheap but if you ignore it a little you will find it quite ok. we're at gray's arc now so try watching again?*im saying this because of the manga im disappointed with the animation too*

Dance in vamp bund seemed like a good title but the anime is a total fail.
ep 1 was boring but it ended quite well.Mina=cool.
but ep 2 was boring all the way..twilight book is not this boring.

first ep comes Geckoman
second ep comes Spiderman
maybe next week we get Batman.
then soon catwoman will come along as well...
Im like WTF when i see spiderman but when mina asked the bloodline question
i thought it was acceptable...

Princess getting webbed by spiderman? im disappointed..it makes Edward the true KING of VAMPS.

Werewolf as vamps' pet doggies? I dont like it.

his transformation sequence is a bit off...they should do it like the werewolfs in the Van Helsing movie....

I might drop this if the next 2 eps fail as well.

well i will give fairy tail one more try but if they mess up one more important scene i will have no choice but to rid myself of that show.
Jan 15, 2010 12:31 PM

Oct 2009
=_= amnesia huh? hmmm...no comment

If I havent read manga I'd say " I can watch it when I've got nothing to do, just to pass time" but unfortunately I've read manga and it's really annoying to see how can they manage to turn it into crap.

Wait! It's not unfortunately actually fortunately I've read manga cause if i've seen anime first I wouldnt even bother to take a look at manga

no, seriously, amnesia?
zenzennaiJan 15, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 15, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2009
Seriously, that was bloody awful. Feels like the only purpose of this show is to provide viewers with pedophilic fanservice.
Jan 15, 2010 1:55 PM

May 2008
People who haven't read the manga making judgements.

Immediately applying morals to nudity.

More HURRHURRHURR LOLI I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE JUST WATCHED THIS JUST BECAUSE IT WAS MADE MY OH SO SUPERIOR SHAFT. I BELIEVE THIS IS SO BAD FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS.

Implying that because this is MyAnimeList all Anime are original creations and not adaptions, manga don't exist. And much less Visual Novels.

Good lord I knew this foolishness was gonna happen as soon as I saw the facepalm worthy "well this sounds suck but it's made by SHAFT so I guess I'll...". The actually ecchi shows this season are taking less flack than this. But no, lo and behold it all hits the fan when there's a naked loli character in a show.

That's okay though, people on this level of ignorance don't deserve to ever read the outstanding manga of Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 15, 2010 2:44 PM

Feb 2009
The ending was awesome, but some things are kinda unreasonable? Forgetting that you're a werewolf? Sounds really unlikely.

Jan 15, 2010 3:56 PM

May 2008
DarcyD said:
The ending was awesome, but some things are kinda unreasonable? Forgetting that you're a werewolf? Sounds really unlikely.

Sadly, despite all the SHAFT hype, the anime is suffering from massive adaption decay.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 15, 2010 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
am bit disappointed because they are not exactly fallowing the manga, i don't mind them telling the same story in a different way am just afraid that they are going to end up f**king the story at the end, a least the animation quality is good, the OP and ED is not bad ether, o well is too early to be judging this anime, lets see how it goes later on, maybe they ll start fallowing the manga in later episodes, there and old saying "don't judge the book by its cover"
Jan 15, 2010 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
Did not naked loli at all, did not really like this episode. Mina seemed really weak, which made it uninteresting.