Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2023 6:02 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to lanngabriel
OML what happened to the character detailing on this episode 😭😭

it looks pretty bad comparing to the first 3 episodes. i hope it gets better and consistent on the next episodes :((
@lanngabriel just a different art style. For me I actually liked it.
Oct 28, 2023 6:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah so the man that showed up before actually the Emperor, can't believe i mistook it as just an ordinary person xd.

So, her mission to taken care of the bedridden consort, which ofc not getting quite a good care from her surroundings, even those one lady attemped to murder her without she realized smh.

Idk if the plot of Jinshi helping Mao dealing with Lihua attendees really happens in the source or not. But i kinda find this a good enough direction, maybe because its add more decently dynamic conversation between those two, creating a good ambience to the whole scene, since they sure carry the show by themselves. Dunno, i may just love their interactions so far, fun and still kicking.

So the end is happy, lady now in health, ready to serve the emperor with a good service, and release a little bit of sleep deprivation for a poor lady Gyokuyo job xd.

So that's it all from a sicken concubine. Now for another course of action for Maomao. Previously its a dancing ghost, and then dude with burning hand calling it a curse already after having a show where you dance near the damn fire pit. I feel like i understand Mao pain living on those era xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 28, 2023 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
Just noticed there are peonies and bellflowers in the ED. And as Maomao delves deeper into the darkness, the flowers start blooming and illuminating all around her.

Nice 😁
Oct 28, 2023 7:51 PM
Oct 2021
i feel like the anger of maomao was better portrayed in the manga (I don't read LN)
highly recommend go read those ch after the ep
idk, ep felt underwhelming, i was waiting for that slap and was low-key disappointed 😭
also characters look hella weird in this ep
Oct 28, 2023 7:55 PM

Mar 2021
For an anime with so much narration, this is really enjoyable! Maomao is def a contender for Character of the Season. Also, I love her dynamic with Lihua—it would've been easy to pit Lihua as a petty antagonist, but I like that she and Maomao earn each other's respect as physician and patient. ^^
Oct 28, 2023 8:19 PM

Jan 2021
WOOHOO MAO MAO JUST LOST HER TEMPER AND MADE THE ATTENDANT FACE POWDER HERSELF!! MAO MAO BADASS!!
But on a serious note, you'll also feel pity to that attendant. She just did it out of loyalty to Lihua. Her intentions are noce but she is dumb to use a prohibited powder for her consort.
At least she was only suspended and she was not beheaded, given how severe punishments at this period are.
Oct 28, 2023 8:28 PM

Oct 2022
Angry Maomao is ruthless, made sure the lady in waiting learnt her lesson, glad lady Lihua survived.

And thus Lady Lihua has been added to Maomao's harem lmao.

Oct 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Oct 2015
I got to say the fluid animation of character movement in this episode was very impressive. I like the small detail of Maomao's eyes looking weary.
Blazu0Oct 28, 2023 8:39 PM
Oct 28, 2023 8:46 PM

Nov 2022
Love this series. Aside from everything else, it's a story about knowledge in a place of fools unwilling to listen to experts. Having someone using wisdom to solve problems and getting angry at reckless ignorance is a compelling narrative.
Oct 28, 2023 9:15 PM

Nov 2010
I still don't get who the lady was who dropped the flower and ignored the advice for the makeup powder in episode 1. She didn't seemed the princess herself or didn't put the blue round earrings of her maids. Incidentally, the scene is anime original.
Oct 28, 2023 9:33 PM
Dec 2014
Another fantastic episode.
Oct 28, 2023 9:40 PM

Mar 2020
Emperor-san about to experience something wild 👌💦
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 28, 2023 9:45 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty good adaptation on this episode, animation was amazing as always.

Oct 28, 2023 10:26 PM

Jun 2023
Maomao just recommended paizuri what a girl
Oct 28, 2023 10:38 PM

Oct 2022
Nice episode. Love how accurately it portrays the people of the past and their ignorance. Also gotta love Maomao, she doesn’t let anyone boss her around and she's strong.
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 PM

May 2015
That bitch-slapping was quiet satisfying. Beautifully animated episode again, loaded with heavy emotions and playfulness at once. The jewel of the season.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Oct 28, 2023 10:49 PM

Dec 2022
I always thought Lihua was your typical arrogant, annoying concubine but man was I wrong.
She's actually a pretty nice lady.
Oct 28, 2023 10:52 PM
Oct 2020
The Saga of Maomao the Badass!
Oct 28, 2023 11:10 PM

Oct 2022
It was interesting seeing Maomao lose her temper like that. As much as she may want to lay low, she can't just sit back when she knows she can help even to the point of working herself ragged, you can see it was more than just following the Emperor's orders.

Oct 28, 2023 11:12 PM

Jan 2017
titjob? what about feeding the emperor milk as part of the service?

Oct 29, 2023 12:13 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to lanngabriel

it looks pretty bad comparing to the first 3 episodes. i hope it gets better and consistent on the next episodes :((
@lanngabriel I noticed that too, though I don't think it was particularly "bad". More like concession was made for the animation which was noticeable more smooth and nuanced more often in this episode which I quite enjoyed.
But it was a bit disconcerting for sure.
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Oct 29, 2023 12:19 AM

Dec 2022
It's a shame about Lihua's ladies, they're so busy trying to do what they usually do to make her happy, that they don't realise they're making it worse. I'm surprised they were able to prevent the Emperor's orders being carried out for so long, I would think that wouldn't really even be an option.
Oct 29, 2023 12:30 AM
Sep 2016
(Somewhile in OLM Studio)

A: Hey, we've still got budget left right?
B: Yeah, why?
A: You know, I'm kinda peeved with the "mediocre" quality of the first 3 EP....
C, a spy from another Studio: (F* you, "mediocre" my a$$! If those are "mediocre" for you what of our studio....)
A: Let's make Maomao poison testing scene a bit better this EP.
B: Yeah, I guess. I'm kinda bored myself right now anyways.
A: I agree, life's tend to be kinda boring when you're too good at what you're doing....

And that's how folks the story behind how we got a 30 sec of Ghibli Movie level of animation quality just for Maomao poison testing, in an anime series....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 29, 2023 12:51 AM

Nov 2019
That was quite a bad case of heavy metal poisoning, I was surprised she survived.
For sure, she was already on the bank of the River Styx.
Oct 29, 2023 1:02 AM

Oct 2022
The movements feel so real, plus angry MaoMao is such a treat, to the point that I actually dont want to get treated like that by her. Also damn, I was one of the ppl who kinda hated lady Lihua since she acts arrogant and all, but the 2nd half of the ep just completely erased all of my hatred towards her, such a nice development.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 29, 2023 1:14 AM
Apr 2020
These episodes are 5 seconds long
Oct 29, 2023 1:22 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to Embient
Why are there so many bangers this season damn

Is the full version of the OP out already? I'm gonna listen the hell out of it.
Maomao is honestly such a chad for being able to keep cool in situations like these.
Sometimes it feels like an isekai or that she's from modern times though, with her knowledge. But I don't mind it at all.

The punishment is one of the most satisfying moments in anime I've ever watched hoooly
Maomao 🤝 Frieren
Being cold and badass this week

Flagellation (Latin flagellum, 'whip'), flogging or whipping is the act of beating the human body with special implements such as whips, rods, switches, the cat o' nine tails, the sjambok, the knout, etc. (Source: Wikipedia)

LMAO she told her about paizuri
Amazing episode. It's a blessing we'll get 2 cours of this.

EDIT: The full OP is on Spotify! I didn't check, but it should be on other platforms too.
Not me actually googling this LMAOOO I feel so ignorant
Oct 29, 2023 1:29 AM

Dec 2022
Her calm assertive personality is super attractive, she's not afraid to take action! The slap and the way they animated Maomao in that scene was honestly so satisfying and just.. the weight of which she spoke to that lady in waiting, it's so good.

Oct 29, 2023 1:37 AM

Oct 2022
I enjoyed it when Queen Maomao pulled that bitch by the hair and threw powder at her, and let her hear the effects again. I enjoyed every bit of this anime.
Oct 29, 2023 1:53 AM
Nov 2019
I like Maomao's character more and more as eps goes on. This anime is on the way to end up with a high score!
Oct 29, 2023 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
While I understand why she did it I think Maomao dumping the makeup was a bad move. Powder like that could go all over in the air and everyone would breathe it in including who she is trying to get better.

Anyway the way she treated rhodedendrum poisoning is not far from what is done in modern day they give saline and atropine. So use of lots of fluids and something to increase frequency of urination makes sense medically. So she actually could have done one more thing creating a medicine from a poisonous plant like datura which one of it's toxins is atropine, to reverse some effects of grayanotoxin but not give so much to cause unwanted effects.

The "secret technique" was paizuri Im assuming.
traedOct 29, 2023 2:02 AM
Oct 29, 2023 2:24 AM

Dec 2022
I love how all the characters are more complex than you first think. I'm glad they decided to show the good sides of Lihua and the attendant, instead of making them 2-dimensional.
Oct 29, 2023 2:28 AM
Mar 2020
Best episode yet! Mao-mao suffers no fools in her task appointed to her by the emperor. That and it ends with a nice sexy tidbit at the end. Got to appreciate the subtle sexual innuendos.
Oct 29, 2023 2:32 AM

Oct 2022
I loved how literally no one, not even Jinshi, stepped in to stop her. Seeing that lady in waiting and the other guy get punished for what they did, and then everyone in the lady's building do what she said. MaoMao out here just casually gaining everyone's respect.
Oct 29, 2023 2:35 AM

Jan 2020
Now we all know what Maomao said to Lihua, it's pretty obvious lol.

Also angry Maomao was not what i was expecting, damn she went all out!
Oct 29, 2023 3:13 AM

Dec 2022
Maomao's experience when she used to visit the brothel is clearly showing. As all angles have emphasized, she was clearly referring to Lihua utilizing her chest to seduce the Emperor. Much less to say, MaoMao's whispers definitely struck a heavy blow to Lihua, at the last scene, Lihua was clearly blushing at the intensity of MaoMao's advice which is probably, "Use your tits to give the Emperor a tit job." And apparently, by the narrator's statement, Mao Mao's advice clearly worked, lol.
Oct 29, 2023 3:19 AM

Nov 2022
I loved to see angry Mao Mao she's so cool, but poor her not getting any sleep at all, I'm happy that Lihua managed to get back on her feet and get better hope she eventually ends up happy as much as the the other concubine with a child.
Oct 29, 2023 4:06 AM

Oct 2018
The episode doesn't stop moving at all (except the end). The remaining part of the story initiating on the first episode gets solved here.
Oct 29, 2023 4:25 AM

Mar 2011
It was nice to see Maomao taking so good care of Lady Lihua and helping her to get better (even though her servants gave her a hard time. Also I'm surprised that the servant who put on the poisonous powder was allowed to work for her again later but it's nice to see even Lihua forgave her). She must be appreciating her help.

This episode wasn't as exciting as the last one but still very nice :)
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 29, 2023 4:39 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to lanngabriel

@lanngabriel
same for me.
background look the same but character animation seems like a completely different anime
In certain scenes, faces were depicted with just three black dots for eyes and a mouth.
Oct 29, 2023 4:39 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to kuroneko99
I still don't get who the lady was who dropped the flower and ignored the advice for the makeup powder in episode 1. She didn't seemed the princess herself or didn't put the blue round earrings of her maids. Incidentally, the scene is anime original.
@kuroneko99 that's her actual chief lady in waiting, Shin. We will get back to her later in the story.
Oct 29, 2023 4:50 AM
Jul 2022
This show is just too good man. I'm loving this so far. Can't wait for more.
Oct 29, 2023 5:25 AM

Nov 2010
kuroneko99 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
that's her actual chief lady in waiting, Shin. We will get back to her later in the story.
hmm.. I see. Thank you for the information.
Oct 29, 2023 5:40 AM

Aug 2021
The emperor has appeared surprisingly early in the series. The doctor still having a job when even the emperor doesn't fully trust him is mind-boggling. Maomao's attitude can change drastically if the situation requires it.
Oct 29, 2023 8:10 AM

Jun 2016
only one word can describe this show " a Masterpiece"

yes yes i dunno why but this show is truly a masterpiece i ever seen !!
Oct 29, 2023 9:17 AM
Apr 2021
Easily my fav show this season.
Oct 29, 2023 9:28 AM

May 2015
It is so good on the ears the Maomao doesn't have a high pitched anime girl voice, but a mature, a bit hoarse, almost husky voice of a woman.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Oct 29, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2021
We can't truly judge by its appearance when who knows, which is more beneficial than the other. Even though this case might come to the latter.
Oct 29, 2023 11:08 AM

Dec 2011
They nerf that slap in the anime. Also Maomao was more violent in the manga...
Oct 29, 2023 11:15 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to kaitonic
They nerf that slap in the anime. Also Maomao was more violent in the manga...
@kaitonic It doesn't matter how it was in the manga, the anime adapt the light novel.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 18, 2023

137 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

290 by OmiSsan »»
Yesterday, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 11, 2023

169 by LunaLov »»
Oct 16, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

104 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

105 by marta_valse »»
Oct 13, 2:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.