Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2023 11:53 AM
Jul 2023
It’s a trick question because the only people who would ever vote on this poll are the people who would absolutely rate it 5/5
Oct 26, 2023 11:54 AM

Sep 2023
At first, I thought it's Todo going to clap his hands while infiltrating Dagon's domain. (Although isn't it stupid that sorcerers can get a first grade without learning such skills as domain expansion or simple domain? And as a result we can see that 2 first grade sorcerers almost died because of that.)
Oct 26, 2023 11:58 AM
Apr 2016
this episode had so much going on, and everything was amazing. I honestly can't remember a better anime episode for action in recent years.
Oct 26, 2023 11:59 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to ZeroAnime
@Phosphophyllita NPCS? Dagon is one of the 4 main disaster curses what Lmao
@ZeroAnime ok, I'm sorry, my memory isn't good and I don't remember this mind flayer guy
What did he do in the past? I remember Jogo, I remember Mahito, I remember Hanami, but this Dragon guy? I think it's the first time I saw him.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.

Jan 2021
Nah where tf did Toji come from what was that pose bro thinks he’s the honored one 💀 what an unexpected entrance lmao are we abt to see some father and son bonding / reunion I guess we’ll find out in the next episode 😂💀

Aug 2023
Reply to Dan_ALves
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN Probably talking while being missinformed about the matter, but how many projects did Madhouse have this year? I´m just asking because Mappa had Vinland Saga, Attack on Titan, Hells Paradise, JJk, that isekai cooking show and a movie. Two shows with 20+ episodes, 2 shows with 12/13 eps, a movie and two specials with around 3 and half hours combined. It´s insane that the people at Mappa have time to breathe.
@Dan_ALves This what you just said is the problem. Mappa has too many show's to work that they can't concentrate on one. I don't know why they are milking aot which could have ended 1 year ago. They shouldn't have picked up Hell's Paradise and isekai anime which they did if the schedule is tight. I am not disappointed with this season but if mappa hadn't picked this many series than we would get fairly consistent episodes throughout the season 2.
Oct 26, 2023 12:07 PM

Aug 2015
"To the One who left it all behind, and his overwhelming intensity"

This is about to get really chaotic. I can't wait for next week.
Oct 26, 2023 12:12 PM

May 2016
Holly shit that was insane, also that ending makes me want to go read the manga instead of waiting for the next week.
Oct 26, 2023 12:20 PM

Jan 2011
i feel like most of these enemies lack build up, the previous fight also had that problem, i hope that we soon get to the fights against enemies that we know of instead of these randoms, they dont even look that cool TBH
Oct 26, 2023 12:26 PM
Jul 2022
Toji is carrying the whole damn season.
Oct 26, 2023 12:27 PM

Nov 2021
that was some peak right there, love the jjk tag teams so much. Can't wait for daddy Toji to wreck shit up
Oct 26, 2023 12:35 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
This is cinema. I loved every second of the fights. Wow mappa you did great, again!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 26, 2023 12:37 PM

Aug 2011
Touji smiling like a madman, the happiest man on earth - back from the dead xD
Oct 26, 2023 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
Bruh, their situation changed from bad to worse to GG!
Oct 26, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2021
Nycro said:
As bad as the grasshopper episode in every aspect. Animation, directing, storyboarding, etc. Jesus Christ.
The Mei Mei part was adapted really well though. Solely the fault of the MAPPA suits who decided to rush it and blind fanboys like @psykixk and @Pyxyty licking their shoes.

who are you lol must have annoyed you so badly if you're whining and tagging me unprompted. mappa sweeps, touch grass. ciao!
Oct 26, 2023 12:48 PM
Mar 2023
ZeroAnime said:
Good episode, I just don’t get why they didn’t say they lines when Toji came out of the hole lmao

Also, mappa better take a month break or something, it’s shameful how they’re giving the animators this schedule

As far as I'm aware, they can't really take a break because they only booked out 26 slots for JJK season 2, and they have 23 episodes AND they've already used the only break they could with that 3 week break in between episode 5-6.
Oct 26, 2023 12:54 PM
Jul 2022
Jouji Nakata was the best part of the episode... and that's saying something.
Oct 26, 2023 1:09 PM

Mar 2021
Mei Mei fight was great, but the rest of the episode was kinda yikes. Not even halfway through the arc and production is absolutely crumbling. I don't have much faith in the remainder of the season.
Oct 26, 2023 1:15 PM

May 2021
Im so happy this episode didn't use lots of that annoying ass Kanada style animation and I can understand what the animation is expressing. The recent few eps are getting better and better.
Oct 26, 2023 1:16 PM

May 2021
Reply to Biisoo
Loved this episode, Although since I've read the manga I can point out one negative from this episode.
The Mei mei part looked phenomenal, but the Dagon fight could have been directed better a bit.
Although I still really enjoyed it.
Hopefully Mappa can deliver on the next couple of episodes.
Edit : I've read that the director himself explained the tight production issues so the latter part of the episode looked a bit off due to that perhaps but its okay.
We have even better fights to come soon!
@Biisoo Hello, can you show me where you got the source for the director saying the production is tight? Im curious about that.
Oct 26, 2023 1:16 PM
Oct 2023
Y'know that shit's about to get real when Toni's entrance was that much massive!! And I legit gasped at NANAMI!!! BRO THAT MUSCLE ARM?! HIS FACE WITHOUT THAT GLASSES! THE MAN GOT ME DOWN SO BAD
Oct 26, 2023 1:20 PM
Sep 2021
Bloody hell I need that new episode right now 😭😭😭

Also reading the comments here I realised it was Toji at the end, I legit thought it was Yuta and I was freaking out
Oct 26, 2023 1:20 PM

May 2021
Reply to Phosphophyllita
@ZeroAnime ok, I'm sorry, my memory isn't good and I don't remember this mind flayer guy
What did he do in the past? I remember Jogo, I remember Mahito, I remember Hanami, but this Dragon guy? I think it's the first time I saw him.
@Phosphophyllita
In JJK S1, he actually already made his appearence. Remember how the Curse gang always chill in a beach? For example when Kenjaku entered a door and on the other side its a beach, where Mahito was laying on chair. It was that ep when Dagon first made his apperance, although only a few seconds.
Oct 26, 2023 1:35 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Phosphophyllita
@Phosphophyllita Remember when Geto, Jogo and Hanami made their first appearence? Dagon was there too.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Oct 26, 2023 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
Zimmu said:
@Biisoo Hello, can you show me where you got the source for the director saying the production is tight? Im curious about that.

Here you go, perhaps not exactly the director said it but more like some animators mentioned the deadlines being tight and stuff.
Check this out : https://x.com/MappaSakuga/status/1717573680841027952?s=20
Oct 26, 2023 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
This was definitely a budget-cut episode ngl, but it was still pretty good! And that ending, MAN next week is gonna be insane!
Oct 26, 2023 2:30 PM
Jul 2016
Anyone else reminded of the dog from Paranoia Agent lmao.

Oct 26, 2023 2:51 PM

May 2021
Reply to Biisoo
Zimmu said:

Here you go, perhaps not exactly the director said it but more like some animators mentioned the deadlines being tight and stuff.
Check this out : https://x.com/MappaSakuga/status/1717573680841027952?s=20
@Biisoo Ye thanks for sending that.
Oct 26, 2023 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
The stakes in this encounter are high. A shame this episode didn't get the same love as Yuji vs Choso, but that was to be expected, especially with so many more upcoming fights. Still enjoyed it a lot. Naobito's technique is sick and I now understand it a lot better than after just reading the manga. Maki was struggling a lot(poor girl lol) until Megumi came through. And now the one and only Sorcerer Killer also entered the domain.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2023 3:16 PM
May 2022
@goaTMaru I don´t know what Madhouse did this year, they did Ai no Idenshi in the Summer and now they have Frieren. I don´t know if they did anything else this year. But clearly 3/4 projects a year seems to be the ideal way to go. Look at Ufotable, they pick like 3 things to work for the year and everyone is happy about it because the animation is amazing in every episode and they have time to get things done.
I really hope Mappa takes it easy next year. So far they only have Bushigiri confirmed for next year. Hells Paradise is confirmed to get a S2 but the year isn´t known yet. Maybe they´re doing something with CSM but I hope it doesn´t go much further.
Oct 26, 2023 3:23 PM
May 2022
Reply to -Sleek-
@Dan_ALves This what you just said is the problem. Mappa has too many show's to work that they can't concentrate on one. I don't know why they are milking aot which could have ended 1 year ago. They shouldn't have picked up Hell's Paradise and isekai anime which they did if the schedule is tight. I am not disappointed with this season but if mappa hadn't picked this many series than we would get fairly consistent episodes throughout the season 2.
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN There isn´t enough time to work properly on anything. I´m starting to think that Attack on Titan was divided in so many parts because they had to and not because they planed it that way. They pick up a lot of shows, they´re all based on acclaimed mangas and because of that the pressure to do great adaptions starts right there. And the animation is never bad, but if they had more free schedule to work on things, they would be praise so much more for the incredible animation. They should look more at Ufotable, who does like 3 things a year and everything is quality stuff.
Oct 26, 2023 3:46 PM

Apr 2016
The part with Mei Mei at the beginning was awesome, but Ui Ui really needs to think about himself sometimes lol
The rest of the episode was a classic complicated and well animated fight, very well done
That shot of Toji at the end was so cool, they had a lot to live up to after the last episode but this one was great too
Oct 26, 2023 3:47 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to wekatire
Good episode. A drop in quality from last week. But I don't care. There are more important fights coming that Mappa needs to spend the time/money on. So no complaints. If Mappa went hard for every single episode like they did the last fight, they would need another 1 or 2 years. So people should be okay when the not so important fights don't have top tier animation.
@wekatire this is one of the important fights though? Or what, should we just expect good animation from the final fight?

The fights involving Special Grades in Shibuya are the big fights. The big issue here is the awful production schedule fucking up the final quality.

People are right to complain if they keep fucking up Shibuya, they are screwing the best arc of Jujutsu.
Oct 26, 2023 3:47 PM
Jun 2023
Lo que se viene en el siguiente capítulo va a ser increible
Oct 26, 2023 4:02 PM
Sep 2016
@goaTMaru Source material is good and that's why fans hyped this arc. You are complaining about art and animation but that's Mappa's fault with their production hell. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about that at this point, as good as the source material is if the quality of the battles will be the same as every other Shibuya fight (except Choso I guess) then I wouldn't expect much.
Oct 26, 2023 4:03 PM
Dec 2022
perfection like always
Oct 26, 2023 4:41 PM
May 2022
Nice fights. Toji ready to wreak some havoc next time. Combined with Sukuna things are really starting to heat up
Oct 26, 2023 4:45 PM

Aug 2021
I think one of the coolest episodes this season (although the last several have been astounding) also I'm a big Nanami fan so more nanami more happy <3

Oct 26, 2023 4:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice to see Mei Mei finessed that smallpox monster, the way she won was quite simple but I liked the method of using Ui Ui a lot, you do kinda forget about him and then he is an important part of her strategy lol. And holy shit with this octopus Cthulhu guy, he’s not even one of the big cheese and he’s broken, you got two first grade guys and Maki and they can’t take him down, the whole fight is very cool tho so far, I have a feeling someone won’t be making it out alive tho and my bet is on the drunk guy with the missing arm, unfortunate too because his method of fighting is very cool.

And Megumi showing up out of nowhere seemed like a saving grace, and for a bit it was, but then Toji came out of the hole opened up in the domain lol, now I just wonder who’s side he’s gonna take, if he takes a side that is.
Oct 26, 2023 5:06 PM
Oct 2016
Megumi arriving to save everyone. This giant octopus curse emerging from its curse womb to its full form. Taking on three sorcerers all at once like it's nothing. We got to see the head of the Zenin clan in action finally, after just some glimpses of the old man sitting around while Maki fought some curses we get to see Naobito in his mustachioed glory. Using a curse technique like frames from animation. Which is a bit ironically meta since Mappa is getting some heavy criticism right now for the treatment of the animators on this season. But anyways the old man can hold his own against the octopus curse at least until it whips out the domain expansion. Pulling all three of Maki, Naobito and Nanami inside to this tropical island looking place, the same beach that all the curses had their good times at before. Those giant fish were crazy and with the guaranteed hit in effect impossible to dodge except for the old man's rare passed down technique. Nanami cutting up the fish was cool I love his badass moments. Megumi jumping into the domain changed the circumstances enough to make an escape route. Only for his dear old dad, sort of, to emerge through the other side.
Oct 26, 2023 5:59 PM
Jun 2022
Another weak a** episode and MAPPA has officially fallen out of my favor. Consistency is better than one great episode followed by a really boring and poor quality one. The manga of this fight was far better.
Oct 26, 2023 6:03 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to Zimmu
@Phosphophyllita
In JJK S1, he actually already made his appearence. Remember how the Curse gang always chill in a beach? For example when Kenjaku entered a door and on the other side its a beach, where Mahito was laying on chair. It was that ep when Dagon first made his apperance, although only a few seconds.
@Zimmu Wow so you are right, he is so important character, few seconds screen time and no dialogues.
Oct 26, 2023 6:20 PM

Apr 2022
sakuga went off and whoever's on color design is fucking killing it because it looks great. icl the exposition bores me yet again but the visuals save it. this arc in general was starting to bore me but the last 2 episodes have been bangers. some still shots but even with that it's still miles clear of the manga.
Oct 26, 2023 6:28 PM
Apr 2021
nah this chapters covered in this episode felt faster paced than when i read it in the manga. am excited for next ep for tojigoat
Oct 26, 2023 6:28 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to -Sleek-
I have heard that Madhouse has already finished about 14 episodes of Frieren before it even begun airing,so why can't mappa do that, i mean that's how you do anticipated show/season with good production and quality and this was the Most anticipated show of the year maybe even in all Anime but i guess mappa prefer quantity over quality.

I guess it is what it is 😔
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN "Maybe even in all anime" lol dude, chill out with the hot takes
Oct 26, 2023 6:30 PM

Mar 2019
This red cthulhu is really strong...

Me after watching this episode:

Oct 26, 2023 6:36 PM
Nov 2020
Great episode! I love Mei mei such a bad ass ! I was waiting for this Sharknado episode lol though I’m not sure if the color really fits.
Oct 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Jun 2019
Maki scenes were downgraded from the previous season and movie, was a bit disappointing. I don't know why action scenes involving human moves are zoomed in.
Oct 26, 2023 6:42 PM

Dec 2020
We can see this one wasn't a priority episode for Mappa if we compare it to Itadori vs Choso fight. I hope next one returns with full power. It was cool to see the power of Naobito and Nanami's fight scenes. Maki would have been dead if Dagon attacked her with his Fish Swarm, but because she was the weakest Dagon didn't even bother to attack her.
Oct 26, 2023 6:49 PM

Jul 2016
Good to know Mei Mei is with us for one more week. Absolutely loved how stylized her shots looked this episode.

So, Zenin family reunion next week?... y-yay?
Also Touji appearing out of nowhere while looking like the happiest man alive fucking killed me xD
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

374 by cjv3rgara »»
Today, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

492 by Duchszek »»
Yesterday, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 28, 2023

181 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

491 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

618 by cjv3rgara »»
Jun 25, 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.