Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 3, 2023 10:23 PM
Nov 2022
A la verga xdd

This anime only improves week after week, (and to say that I was about to drop it xd).

The Lore that is taking place is very good, it surprises me how the concept is being exploited to the limit; the design of the creatures is very amazing too.
Sep 3, 2023 11:14 PM
May 2021
really good episode. tbh i didn't really like this show for the first couple episodes and was even thinking of dropping it, but im glad i continued to watch it. it's been getting better with each episode. after watching this episode i can tell this is probably where the show will Really start to pick up and delve more into the world of spirits, which im really excited about.

i also am hoping for some more focus on keitarou and eiko as well. most specifically because i want to know more about wtf is going on with eiko and her yandere-ness and that creepy ass smile of hers.
My 2023 candies:
Sep 4, 2023 12:58 AM

Nov 2022
Holycow. I thought the bridge episode was good enough, but this episode is even better. Awesome capturing plus torturing payback to that spirit.
Sep 4, 2023 3:28 AM

Aug 2020
Show just keeps getting better
Sep 4, 2023 4:22 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to fathandz
It's the first time seeing Yayoi-chan bit her lips. She's definitely pissed. What's even more scary here is that, the ones in her room are preschoolers!? Then where the hell is she keeping her graduates!?

And which chapter should I start from here?
@fathandz Start from chapter 12, although, reading from chapter 6 is a good option too since they cut some nice little moments and conversations between the main trio.
Sep 4, 2023 4:35 AM

Oct 2022
Yayoi got a whole set of even nastier spirits somewhere else..
Keitarou going to shit his pants again.
Sep 4, 2023 5:11 AM

Mar 2008
Okay this episode had some parts that actually gave me some chills.

Like damn could you imagine trying to run from some freaky spirit on an elevator but hes just there staring in on each floor and witnesss someone having their brainstem ripped out.

That subtitle where Yayoi called him "lolicon no kami-sama" (god of lolicons i think is the direct way to translate it since "no" shows possession in relation and Japanese doesnt distinguish singular and plural? ) felt awkwardly long and felt repetitive how it was translated. If they use that in the English dub it would just seem weird since it comes off really lame to slip in "problematic" when trying to intimidate and make an intended joke moment sound even less funny. Either should be direct translation or not direct something like "some god to pervy grandpas" which would have more bite and be funnier while conveying same concept meant to get across.
Sep 4, 2023 5:15 AM

Feb 2021
That was cool intimidating! Can't wait to see the battle between them :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 4, 2023 5:38 AM

Dec 2018
wow that was really disturbing. i can't wait for this next battle!
Sep 4, 2023 6:08 AM
Jan 2023
fathandz said:
It's the first time seeing Yayoi-chan bit her lips. She's definitely pissed. What's even more scary here is that, the ones in her room are preschoolers!? Then where the hell is she keeping her graduates!?

And which chapter should I start from here?

You can start from chapter 12.
Sep 4, 2023 6:10 AM
Jan 2023
realwhitebear said:
That became very dark very quickly. An evil spirit that rips out brains from those who it kills, and then uses that to torture them more as spirits. Now that is horrifying. Seems Ai would have been in quite a lot of trouble if it wasn't for Yayoi and Keitarou being there.

Interesting to note that one of the victims, Keitarou seemed to know who she was. That wasn't really elaborated on though, I'd be interested to see if that's significant to the story in any way.

The way that spirit was at every floor there was honestly terrifying, if that happened to me, that would be no more elevator and just stairs for the rest of time. Using that spirit as a scarecrow was honestly brilliant, got what it deserved, the pain and suffering that it had been inflicting on others is now being returned to them.

Seems the battle against the god begins, and the spirits already seem to want to kill it. Yayoi will probably come up with some crazy plan to take it down. Oh and the age gap between the god and Ai, not cool.

Next week's episode is gonna be a good one judging by the preview. Can't wait!

Keitarou doesn't know any of the victims, he just saw her memories for some reason.
Sep 4, 2023 6:21 AM

Dec 2022
What that brain-ghost got in the end was damn gratifying.
Putting that aside, if this episode wasn't crazy enough, there's the declaration of war between Yayoi and that deity and how the other dolls were just itching for it.
Sep 4, 2023 8:22 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to InNeedOfAName
Things only pick up from here, so get ready lol. One thing the anime changed was that Yayoi doesn't stick her thumbs down in the manga, she gives the god the finger.
@InNeedOfAName

Thanks, good info. Damn, the original is definitely better.
Sep 4, 2023 8:42 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to InNeedOfAName
realwhitebear said:
That became very dark very quickly. An evil spirit that rips out brains from those who it kills, and then uses that to torture them more as spirits. Now that is horrifying. Seems Ai would have been in quite a lot of trouble if it wasn't for Yayoi and Keitarou being there.

Interesting to note that one of the victims, Keitarou seemed to know who she was. That wasn't really elaborated on though, I'd be interested to see if that's significant to the story in any way.

The way that spirit was at every floor there was honestly terrifying, if that happened to me, that would be no more elevator and just stairs for the rest of time. Using that spirit as a scarecrow was honestly brilliant, got what it deserved, the pain and suffering that it had been inflicting on others is now being returned to them.

Seems the battle against the god begins, and the spirits already seem to want to kill it. Yayoi will probably come up with some crazy plan to take it down. Oh and the age gap between the god and Ai, not cool.

Next week's episode is gonna be a good one judging by the preview. Can't wait!

Keitarou doesn't know any of the victims, he just saw her memories for some reason.
@InNeedOfAName I see, it wasn't really that clear to me what it was, so I just made that assumption.
Sep 4, 2023 9:13 AM

Oct 2022
This show may have outlandish artistic style but once you're over it; holy jumping junipers batman!
Somehow it's both adorable and unsettlingly macabre at the same time. If this was made live action it would be a horror classic with just a dash more plot. Truly terrifying...I mean the stem...damn...

Sep 4, 2023 12:23 PM

Jul 2022
this one was REALLY good.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Sep 4, 2023 5:47 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to CrimsonTome
@fathandz Start from chapter 12, although, reading from chapter 6 is a good option too since they cut some nice little moments and conversations between the main trio.
@CrimsonTome alright, thanks for the help.
Sep 5, 2023 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Yea this episode sure was thrilling and creepy , especially with that brain snatching spirit. Also, we get to see a “god spirit” which could be the strongest spirit they’ll ever face this season, I wonder how she will deal with it using the better spirits she has
Sep 5, 2023 8:33 PM
Jun 2022
this EP and the previous one is quite scary tbh. the way they illustrated the god is beautifully scary. The brainstem torturing ghost on the other hand isn't as scary when you compare it to the 'god".
Sep 5, 2023 8:43 PM

Dec 2022
I'm interested to see where that "my graduates are elsewhere" takes us. Does she have a secret base? Does she use something other than plushies for the big dawgs? opens up some good potential.

Sep 6, 2023 2:20 AM
Oct 2019
Eww Ai's "God" is a LOLICON!!

WTF
Sep 6, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 2023
Hypest episode so far, fight was exciting too
Sep 6, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2022
Them trying to gtfo was actually funny af. Eiko and Ai unaware they were being followed until they saw the ghost through the elevator glass. Their faces dropping further upon seeing it on the next floor down. Then the brain-gore happens in a creepy sub dimension.

I love how this show carries itself. It's got this campy nostalgic feel to it that I really like and can't adequately explain..
Sep 6, 2023 8:03 AM
May 2017
TALK TO THESE NI99AS YAYOI!!!!!!!!! Man she was talkin her shit this episode, had me pumped tf up. Basically shows she was hella bored all of these episodes prior, a challenger appears and this is how she does em. Definitely my favorite character now

4.5/5
Sep 6, 2023 9:23 AM

Oct 2020
This was the darkest episode what I ever seen.
Sep 6, 2023 5:54 PM

Dec 2022
This was one of the times I'm glad Yayoi was there, this ghost got his comeuppance, there are many sadistic ghosts but this guy is one of the top out there for pure sadism.
Sep 6, 2023 6:06 PM

Aug 2016
Yayoi is such a courageous badass. I can’t wait to see her use the god to destroy her enemy
Sep 7, 2023 4:43 PM

Oct 2008
Yayoi is so cool! she didn't lose composure in declaring a tough fight against that ultra-strong spirit/god!
5/5.

Sep 7, 2023 6:25 PM
Jan 2017
Say it with me now. "That escalated to ridiculous heights."
And now I see what the manga readers said about the story getting a lot darker.
Dreadogastus_FSep 7, 2023 6:34 PM
Sep 8, 2023 6:22 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to Dreadogastus_F
Say it with me now. "That escalated to ridiculous heights."
And now I see what the manga readers said about the story getting a lot darker.
@Dreadogastus_F This is still weak levels of dark compared to what will come later.
Sep 8, 2023 9:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I still commend Kei for being able to shit on while fuckin absurd ghost watch you over. Not to mention also messed up with your brainstem after. Wtf? Makes me wanna puke...

At the end of the day, its all back to Yayoi in action, with her magnificent reverse strategy. Glad that Yayoi manage to found a way to make those crazy spirit eat their own medicines. Plan is solidified with those trouble, but it's far from the peace, since the God has been visiting them after the mess.

Yayoi my child once again makes me proud with dat roast and challenge right at the face. Kei also doing a godly work to stand up his ground and support Yayoi with the insulting. Whatever Yayoi plan for the next, make it an astounding way to make those awful old spirit regret marking the wrong girl...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 9, 2023 1:53 AM

Jan 2017
I love how creepy, unique, and cool (Yayoi, most especially) this show is. I didn't expected it to be this good with it not having any bad episode at all, it's crazy. Keitaro's scaredy attitude sometimes annoys me though, although considering that if these kind of situations indeed happens to anyone, it will surely scare the hell out of them (therefore making him pretty normal lol). I feel like the one who made this anime can actually see ghosts, considering how many situations apply in real life...if you believe in the paranormal that is. Yayoi's exorcism kinda makes sense as well; I wonder if this is how some ghosts are trapped in dolls and never leave, woohoo. Looking forward to how she will save her mom, being the badass she is 💜
Sep 15, 2023 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
Keitaro sure is trying his best not to pee his pants of the spirits' sightings, which one of it trying to dive into his brainstem, and now it's the same spirit blocking their way and preventing them to escape freely. Once again, Ai got outsiders involved in her bad luck, and both Keitaro and Yayoi got submerged to the unknown basement of Ai's apartment.

The brainstems of other people being eaten and extracted, that's how Keitaro is going to suffer the same fate from the spirits being forced to serve the villainous spirit. Yayoi's strategy is to work backwards reeling that exact spirit into the lift so that they can escape. though keeping Keitaro in the lift is her only priority as she lunges towards the spirit and reels it in with a spirit who's angry with him messing with Keitaro. Going back to Ai's apartment to deal with the lingering spirits who are still floating around, it's better to have Ai stick around with them and out of the apartment for good, figuring out how to rid the betrothment.

As expected, Ai's god is THAT powerful, but Yayoi is not fazed by its threats, and similar with the other spirits in her room, everyone will work hard to defeat it. That's quite the resolution.
Sep 18, 2023 5:22 AM
Aug 2023
sure it was creepy, but we're back to the episodic ghostbusting again?
Sep 21, 2023 1:13 AM

Jan 2012
It got better. Some scenes were really creepy. I still don’t really like any of the characters (may be aside from Kei), but that’s fine for now.
Sep 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Dec 2022
They need to take that dumbass pedo god down already. Cant wait to see it get killed by the other spirits.
Sep 24, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2019
"I'm not gonna let some god and his problematic age gap beat me."

What a line lmao

Sep 28, 2023 11:25 AM

Feb 2018
Thought that the elevator part was actually a bit creepy...
Even with Yayoi going up against a "god" she doesn't seem to be that intimidated.
Sep 28, 2023 9:46 PM

Jul 2007
What an intense episode. Fell off a bit in the middle but picked up again towards the end. I've noticed that they've lowered the comedy factor and upped the horror/gore. Looking forward to the next episode
Sep 29, 2023 9:37 AM
Jul 2016
Damn, they know how to write satisfying "fights".
Oct 4, 2023 7:56 AM
Jul 2019
that was hilarous, the way houzuki solved other spirits regret and revenge
Oct 9, 2023 1:03 PM
Nov 2022
The fight is on, we are going against God, I am surprised that he has more strong spirits, I hope it is not just a trick to buy time.
Nov 14, 2023 7:07 AM
Nov 2023
Best episode 🔥 Best episode 🔥
Jan 1, 12:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's nice to see Yayoi stepping up against the entities like that
Feb 4, 8:13 PM

May 2015
That nutcracker doll ghost sure was menacing. I'm glad Keitaro seems to invoke their sadism and Yayoi has those protective dolls so our cast isn't just getting killed instantly. That brain-stem scene was brutal! Reminded me that I was watching a horror anime and not just a thriller.
Feb 5, 6:54 AM

Apr 2021
This is of the best shows this season
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 11, 9:47 AM

May 2018
He surely loves brainstem
Apr 14, 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
Probably the best episode so far. So Yayoi has even stronger spirits stored somewhere else, seems like this is gonna be interesting.
Apr 24, 1:46 PM
Mar 2013
It was incredibly dark. Loved it!
Jun 6, 12:59 PM
Mar 2019
Can't even use the Bathroom in peace.
These Spirits even look Evil.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

109 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

67 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

95 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

64 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

77 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.