Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 21, 2019 9:37 AM

Sep 2018
I dig that new girl Glass.
Mar 21, 2019 9:46 AM
Feb 2019
alshu said:
- About those 3 sto... heroes being useless.
Yes, not bad writing per se, but that fact being repeated to us several times on every episode is kind of annoying.
This combined with the fact that other key information is being brushed with only short (out of context) on screen appearances is not how good writing is supposed to be...
Too much focus on the obvious things and not enough focus on the hints for future developments.
- About how wrong is to have gamer mindset.
But this world works like a game! Every knowledge of this kind would be an advantage.
Even the most mediocre players know that different monsters have different weakness. Usually there are special spells or items to reveal those weakness or maybe hints in their origin story. In absence of such information you will hit them with everything till something works.
But our guys don't do that...Shield Hero the least experienced in games is doing it.
Who has the game mindset here?
Why those ex gamers act like never touched RPG?

They all attacked the thingy at the same time using the element they assumed the monster was weak to. By the time any of their attacks landed on the monster the rest of their blows were already in mid-motion.

Besides which, even if the heroes did end up throwing three different elements at the boss, they wouldn't be able to figure out it's weakness if they used those three elements at the same time. So what if one of the attacks was super effective? The other attack did no damage to the monster, and a third hero even healed him so the boss is still on full health.
Try and figure out his weakness from that experiment.

The only reason the Shield hero got to look smart is because he didn't even have a weapon to try and fail to do any damage to the wave boss.
Mar 21, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2014
Love that veteran adventuring lady, but I CAN'T with the princess's pointless antagonism of Naofumi and Raph. This was a pretty good episode for the main reason I'm keeping up with this series, really cool monsters and magic animation.

But I've been wondering, where exactly is this series going. I thought it would be the wave but then that came in ep 5 or 6 and I've really liked the shield hero travelling around helping people and stuff but it seems kind of like something to do in between "the plot", like doing sidequests between the story events, except I can't figure out what the main story is supposed to be. At least the appearance of that woman (the raven invader I assume] seems to be making things happen.

Also like shouldn't the four heroes be working together. That's what I thought a few episodes ago when I realized they're all different roles that should work together as a team. Is it cause the king wanted to split them up to maximize the good they could do or can they just not stand each other.

I'm glad this series has 2 season, it'll be interesting to see how far it gets into the source material and how they end it.
Mar 21, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2019
wow this episode was soo good. cant wait for the second part . also i dont read the manga so glass already has my attention.
Mar 21, 2019 1:24 PM
Dec 2017
Nice Episode, I can't get over the scene of the new skill Iron Maiden, hahaha...

Also as a kind of a side note... it's funny read all of the other opinions here, but it's expected to be that way if some anime only or even if they did read the manga, (I'm just out of the LN for the moment) the main reason why the other heroes can't be on par with naofumi even if they are like 20+ levels above him it's because of their mind set of the world, thinking it's just a game, and that alone can change one's perspective and methods to approach many situations; if I remember right I believe later on after finishing the church arc it is explain -more directly- that fact, but as I said, it's to be expected from anime only... otherwise I'm shocked that you couldn't figure it out :b ... but it's ok, just giving my thoughts here, I would like to clear other points some other people have but that includes changing some pov of things for some people and that's just annoying to do, so... yeah :b
Mar 21, 2019 1:28 PM
Jul 2016
Loved this episode. It's times like these when I am happy that I don't read books, manga an light novels. I typically can love certain series and movies and hear nothing but complaints from others because it doesn't live up to it's original publication.

The only people I hear complaints of this anime and Slime is from people that read their previous media source. Both are my favorites.

Don't get me wrong, Even not reading the manga I tend to skip fillers as they don't seem to flow with theo storylines. I can tell that One Piece is going WAY to slow and that Claymore's ending was too abrupt.
Mar 21, 2019 1:55 PM

May 2014
Just give me a spoiler - will Glass be side with Naufimi or not ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Just watch what you may like.
Don't watch it and don't make bad comment about it.
Every anime wants to be praised.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 21, 2019 2:11 PM

Nov 2011
sba said:
Just give me a spoiler - will Glass be side with Naufimi or not ?

Character limit
Mar 21, 2019 2:25 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, this wave was intense, the other heroes showed once more how incompetent they are, doing what they want while they cant defeat the enemy without cooperation.

The sword hero is the only one of the other three heroes that is decent!

Naofumi was the true spotlight in this episode, with Raphtalia and Filo, of course, he showed what he is capable of, and why he is the best, even Glass recognized him as the only hero there, that moment was priceless!

Myne complaining, when she cant do nothing! And Filo at the end calling spear hero a sore loser was priceless!

Naofumi had to use her berserk stance from shield, i am glad he managed to control himself with Raphtalia's help, and diddn't expect filo to get in berserk for aswell!

Seems the wave havent finished yet, Glass showed up, and seems she is strong, and also awesome for recognize Naofumi as the only hero there!
Mar 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Sep 2016
Shield hero is trash and so am I.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 21, 2019 3:03 PM

May 2018
Alternate_Wraph said:

They all attacked the thingy at the same time using the element they assumed the monster was weak to. By the time any of their attacks landed on the monster the rest of their blows were already in mid-motion.

1. Could I deduce that from the anime (not knowing beforehand to pay attention to the types of their attacks) or this is one of those "Check the source and anything will be revealed to you!"?
2. Aaaand?

Alternate_Wraph said:
Besides which, even if the heroes did end up throwing three different elements at the boss, they wouldn't be able to figure out it's weakness if they used those three elements at the same time. So what if one of the attacks was super effective? The other attack did no damage to the monster, and a third hero even healed him so the boss is still on full health.
Try and figure out his weakness from that experiment.

Yep, acting like noobs who never played RPG games...which is like unexpected from them.

Alternate_Wraph said:
The only reason the Shield hero got to look smart is because he didn't even have a weapon to try and fail to do any damage to the wave boss.

If you want to prove that his advantage is thinking outside of the gamer perspective - make him win with some real life tactics or the others loose from relying too much on game logic - miscasting magic, broking armour or some important items, enemies acting way smarter and without pattern...
Mar 21, 2019 3:57 PM
Mar 2015
Glass really knows how to put down a hero. the other heroes could barely fight the weak monsters
Mar 21, 2019 4:07 PM
Aug 2016
Can someone tell me what the fuck Myne doing there? jeez she should stay at home. at least other useless character still did something, but she just standing there not doing anything beside run her mouth
Mar 21, 2019 5:10 PM
Jan 2019
What a great episode! Naofumi makes good combos 👌. With a group of 3, Naofumi proved to be much stronger and smarter than the other heroes. It is the voice of reason among the four. And he is a true hero, the girl who came along with the wave was the only one who recognized him as such and with good reason.
I hope that over time Naofumi can control the shield of anger.
Psdt: Seeing the old woman fight in such a way made a great impression on me. LOL 😂.
Mar 21, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
Finally not another loli character. Interesting.
Mar 21, 2019 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
Dayum, it gave me tiny chills to see Naofumi's transformation in his "darker" form !

Was also cool to see the 4 heroes party being "united" (not really in the spirit but on the paper) for once. Can't wait next week to see how this fight will be.
Mar 22, 2019 2:38 AM
Feb 2019
alshu said:
Alternate_Wraph said:

1. Could I deduce that from the anime (not knowing beforehand to pay attention to the types of their attacks) or this is one of those "Check the source and anything will be revealed to you!"?

Um yes? Were you watching it? The scene was like:

Not-Ren: Thunder Arrow
Spear Dude: Lighting Spear
Ren: Shocky sword!

Onomatapea: BAM! BAM! BAM! (10:50 you can see at least two different lightning attacks striking the thingy)

Ren: It is stronger than I thought
Spear guy: Are our attacks even affecting it?
Not-Ren: (off screen) We'll get nowhere with lightning element attacks.

Naofumi: Filo use wind stuff.

and no I am not quoting any source material.
Mar 22, 2019 3:07 AM

Oct 2009
The cringe is only getting stronger, this show didn't disappoint me.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 22, 2019 3:15 AM

Jun 2017
And finally the show has jumped the shark. Of course I should have had low expectations considering its another isekai but even then I had a slight hope it would be good because of how overhyped it was.
Mar 22, 2019 3:39 AM

May 2018
Alternate_Wraph said:
Were you watching it?

I was watching mainly for Malty's ass.

Alternate_Wraph said:

Not-Ren: Thunder Arrow
Spear Dude: Lighting Spear
Ren: Shocky sword!

Because of the lack of beforehand knowledge how important are those to the plot I didn't bother to notice that they are doing practically the same thing. At that point I assumed they knew their RPG stuff.
It's my fault not using the known plot patterns to predict them fail in such basic way.

Alternate_Wraph said:
and no I am not quoting any source material.

And you are missing my point.
alshuMar 22, 2019 3:43 AM
Mar 22, 2019 3:44 AM

Jul 2007
I guess its to do with the budget, but these 'waves' are very lackluster. Hopefully next episode will have a fancy fight ;)
Mar 22, 2019 6:44 AM

Aug 2016
Kirito calling other hero cheater was funny change.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 10:21 AM
Jan 2016
That Dragon armor was really cool, man and that finishing move from Naofumi was clinical...soo lucky to have a loyal partner like Raphtalia and Filo, they'll always support you till the end.
Mar 22, 2019 10:22 AM
Jan 2019
Finally showing the other Heroes why the Shield Hero is the most badass one there.

And just the fact that Glass shows up and drops the "there is only ONE here who deserves the title of Hero" oooeeeef
Mar 22, 2019 11:29 AM

Mar 2018
Glass looks stronger and more interesting than all the heroes combined (Naofumi excluded). I wish she could be an ally of Naofumi rather than an enemy.
Mar 22, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
Not a bad episode actually. Turns out the Shield Hero is actually stronger than the other ones? What bullshit. Well, the battle was enjoyable at least.
Mar 22, 2019 3:15 PM
Mar 2014
By far the best episode in the entire season :D
Mar 22, 2019 5:43 PM
Jan 2018
Frenz said:
I guess its to do with the budget, but these 'waves' are very lackluster. Hopefully next episode will have a fancy fight ;)
Remember this is Kinema Citrus is not a big studio like Madhouse or David Production, they can't possibly make epic action with a high budget

Mar 22, 2019 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
How stupid can the other heroes be? They still think the shield hero is evil despite all evidence, and they don't say anything when Malty acts the way she does. They should have realized the truth by now.
DragonfistMar 22, 2019 7:32 PM
Mar 22, 2019 6:20 PM
May 2009
This is a miserable adaptation of this episode's content. Translated all the weakness that the manga version had into an even worse anime version. That in-between talking was awful. It had about 2:30 of good content.
Mar 22, 2019 7:45 PM
Jan 2018
Eisigerhauch said:
This is a miserable adaptation of this episode's content. Translated all the weakness that the manga version had into an even worse anime version. That in-between talking was awful. It had about 2:30 of good content.

I don't understand why you compare anime with manga, myanimelist said above has been explained that the source is taken from Light Novel, unless you are blind and stupid
Mar 22, 2019 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
I'd like to dedicate this to Filo!
http://youtu.be/_-3QAiVDL-A
Mar 22, 2019 8:02 PM
May 2009
MudaMudaGioGio said:

I don't understand why you compare anime with manga, myanimelist said above has been explained that the source is taken from Light Novel, unless you are blind and stupid

As in visual representation of the events which the LN doesn't have. The adaptation has changes that deviate both from the LN and manga which deviate significantly from the WN. The anime adaptation clearly lacks backstory elements of the LN including most explanations like stats and weapon changes. It is more similar to the manga in this and its story pacing regard.
Mar 22, 2019 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
Natsuki_Hyundai said:

(Why do I get this feeling that the kung-fu grandma is going to be the butt of criticism in this week's discussion? Edit: I guess she's not...)

I am reminded of Kung Fu instructor and movie star Chiu Chi-ling. He was taught everything he knew by his parents, and his mother still taught into her 80s!
Mar 22, 2019 9:24 PM
Aug 2017
Lmao Filo got affected too?? Naofumis powers are frickin dope! Iron maiden haha that was sick, and it also seems like he combined two powers? Idk but 10/10 ep for me
Mar 22, 2019 10:17 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Best episode till now since not more than 2 or 3 minutes of cringe.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 22, 2019 10:54 PM
Jan 2018
Eisigerhauch said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

As in visual representation of the events which the LN doesn't have. The adaptation has changes that deviate both from the LN and manga which deviate significantly from the WN. The anime adaptation clearly lacks backstory elements of the LN including most explanations like stats and weapon changes. It is more similar to the manga in this and its story pacing regard.
I admit that anime really can't follow LN completely, there are some minor differences, but you should be able to understand animation, because time is limited, they have to cut some for adjustments because LN is too dense, unless they intend to make 400 episodes or more like what happened to Naruto and one piece
Mar 22, 2019 11:08 PM

Dec 2016
I like how they portrayed Iron Maiden
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 22, 2019 11:34 PM

Nov 2011
Eisigerhauch said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

The WN isn't canon, so comparing the LN to it is about as useful as comparing a butter knife to a steak knife.
Mar 23, 2019 2:08 AM
Apr 2011
Did I miss something? How did they know there was a soul eater aboard the ship at all to fight if it was hiding?
Mar 23, 2019 3:22 AM
Jan 2013
People thought the other three heros are just for show.

This arc has a purpose for them.

Mar 23, 2019 5:17 AM

Nov 2010
Farabeuf said:
ThumbsUpBaby said:

Trust me, you'll be so happy with the outcome. But I reckon it'll happen at the last episode... so more waiting to come.

Sweet mother of Baby Jesus, you're asking me to endure this exquisite patience for another 10,11 weeks? That's a tough one.
ON the other hand it gives me plenty of time to organize my "She Had it Comin and Boy Did it Come" party. Food, drinks, music and Filo paper masks for everyone.

I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just leave it at this... the wait will be worth it.
Mar 23, 2019 7:14 AM
May 2009
Demyx_IX said:

The WN isn't canon, so comparing the LN to it is about as useful as comparing a butter knife to a steak knife.

As the comment establishes which version the anime adapts, all version are to be listed that could potentially be adapted. If you gathered this context, you would see that your comment is pointless.
Mar 23, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
Icy3001 said:
Did I miss something? How did they know there was a soul eater aboard the ship at all to fight if it was hiding?

Because is just like their games, the soul eater was in that ship, but as you can see every hero's game had a different requisite in order to make it respawn.
Mar 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
That was very satisfying, seeing Naofumi hogging all the glory LOL

And a new enemy showed up!

Mar 23, 2019 12:44 PM
Oct 2016
Nice episode, Naofumi seems to be getting better at using his shield abilities, that
was pretty damn cool

Mar 23, 2019 12:46 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. Shield Prison and Iron Maiden combo is so powerful.
And Glass made her appearance. Hyped for next episode.
Mar 23, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2011
Eisigerhauch said:
Demyx_IX said:

As the comment establishes which version the anime adapts, all version are to be listed that could potentially be adapted. If you gathered this context, you would see that your comment is pointless.

1. You don't need to be rude.
2. Again the WN is not canon as the LN and Manga deviate away from it in book5 of the LN and whatever chapter that the 3rd wave since being summoned takes place in the manga.
3. Seeing as anime has a secondary objective of promoting the source material and draw in new sales, its hard to see that the copyright holders for the story, would adapt from something they can't make money off of.
Mar 23, 2019 2:38 PM
Mar 2019
Good episode i feel happy to see naofumi team
Mar 24, 2019 6:54 AM

Mar 2014
Very great episode, the action is improve so that is a plus

And they got a new more powerful enemy, this should be interesting
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

402 by MaauFe »»
May 20, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

546 by ridly »»
May 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

243 by ridly »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.