Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 21, 2023 6:05 PM
Feb 2014
Is it just me or did the art style take a dip like it’s not as crisp as the first 2 episodes were
Jul 21, 2023 6:06 PM
Jul 2022
Marinate1016 said:
RHinoManer22 said:

U clearly aren't one of them 😭 are ur standards in the gutters did u imply this shit is better than FMAB

Awww, keep crying.

I didn’t imply, I stated. Yes nanatsuma is clear of that.

If u truly ur standards must be lower than I thought in the deepest pits of hell.
Speaking frankly I unironically feel sorry for you. Like I genuinely sympathize with how abysmally low your tastes are.
I'll keep you in my prayers tonight
Jul 21, 2023 6:07 PM

Feb 2019
RHinoManer22 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Awww, keep crying.

If u truly ur standards must be lower than I thought in the deepest pits of hell.
Speaking frankly I unironically feel sorry for you. Like I genuinely sympathize with how abysmally low your tastes are.

Keep malding please I love it
Jul 21, 2023 6:09 PM

Feb 2019
Iron_Maw said:
Softhenic03 said:
What kind of backstory was that lol? Just what they wanted me to feel??? She feels regret because she killed that so-called great warrior without even realizing.. WHAT??? LMAOOO.
The point was undersatnd her point of view of reaction to Oliver duel was.

UnknownGhost5 said:
A few words from the people she just met was all it took to rid Nanao of her suicidal thoughts? What the fuck? Has the author of this ever met another human being? Anyways the conversation that the main cast has feel really forced most of the time.

That Andrews guy wants to be Draco Malfoy so bad...
...Did understand anything about her problems? Nanao is suicidal because she has a narrow view of the world. She grew up in a war torn land where all until just recently she was suddenly pucked out from at verge of death. So the fact she here after fighting all her life sounds so crazy to her the this might just be an illusion. Chea's point's that it not. Place she is in is real as every one around, (this why also holding her hand to push the point) and she start living a new life that isn't bound to just combat. Where she came expressing one admiration, respect and love through duels might be normal but she doesn't have to live like that here. Oliver didn't rejecting her custom is not end of their relationship, they just don't have bond that way. Starting from now she slowly learn to deprogram throe bad habits. Desiring sucide was only end result of her disillusionment not the core problem. What address that disillusionment is what allowed her to move on.

No they didn’t understand cause they weren’t even paying attention lol
Jul 21, 2023 7:32 PM
Nov 2014
I found this episode mildly uncomfortable and quite confusing.
First of all, why did these "older students" who were patroling the labyrnth look like they were in their 30s and 40s, and why were they trying to kill students whose only crime was walking down the corridor? Makes no sense. Very weird.
Jul 21, 2023 7:41 PM

Apr 2022
another snooze fest episode, do we already know how many episodes this is going for? cause i'll drop it if it's 2 cours.
Jul 21, 2023 7:48 PM

Sep 2021
This episode was once again all over the place and generic.

Nanao's backstory was really awful. She (just like any other character in this show) feels like something "produced", not an actual personality. And why do the other five even care so much about her? Perhaps the adaptation is to blame, but I don't see any chemistry in the friend group. There is no depth or insight in any of the main characters. Instead the time is wasted to introduce more and more bland side characters.

Anyway, it seems like this is yet another Reborn to Master the Blade / Mashle magic school trash. I won't keep up with it anymore. Unless the reviews at the end of the season indicate some massive improvement, I don't think I'll ever go back to it either.
Jul 21, 2023 8:03 PM
Nov 2021
DIdnt like the episode. Ophelia and Cyrus showing up honestly didn't really effect the story at all (I'd let Ophelia seduce me though). Most it did was give a debut to Alvin and Carlos.
The fact Nanai trailed after Pete, Michela, and Oliver and completely ignored Katie and Guy was disatisfying as well. Guy doesnt seem to exist for anything except as a straight man. Id these people are such good friends I dont think it makes sense for Guy and Katie to leave Nanai alone like that... unless they went to get Alvin and Carlos, which still wouldnt make sense because there hasnt been any content to suggest they'd know where to get to the student council for help.
Nanai's story is still weak. The story seems to be basing that there's always war around where Nanai is but doesn't really give any information on why.
Tfw Oliver's harem seems to be complete and therefore fits the description of your generic overpowered saintly isekai mc who gets all the girls (and yes I know this isn't an isekai, but the pacing and all the lame drama reminds me of bad ones like that).
Andrew still seems to exist to be a pain in the ass. Do we really need the drama of him continuing to have a thorn in his side that he didn't face a troll? It makes sense to let teachers take care of an accident. Honestly why there weren't enchantments already in place to avoid incidences is questionable.
And more animal rights drama with Katie.
Jul 21, 2023 8:05 PM

Oct 2021
Man the characters are awful. I have this doubt in the 1st episode with how they are too happy that maybe, you know, there's gonna be a twist to their characters or something, well there is, but the execution is still awful. Such a shame, the premise and world are genuinely intriguing, but characters are like my highest priority, this will be a hard watch for the future.
Jul 21, 2023 8:06 PM
May 2023
This is one of those shows that while I like it, I feel like if I just read the light novel I'll get a lot more out of the experience.
Jul 21, 2023 8:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah looks like some new upperclasspeeps and teachers arrive at the right place saving the gang from a very worst case scenario. Even though some still doing a very bad attitude at least i manage to learn something new, slowly and steady. Pacing seems to be fast but honestly its still balanced out since the episode was only specific to learn the backstory of Nanao, and a little bit of a new knowledge about the spellblades, which may or not they've learn onward of their academy journey. Tho i may have a doubt some of them already have the spellblades, especially with Oliver since his backstory remains unknown. But well, i'll see what else they've got next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 21, 2023 8:23 PM

Feb 2022
ryzxgum said:
another snooze fest episode, do we already know how many episodes this is going for? cause i'll drop it if it's 2 cours.
It's 15 episodes.
Jul 21, 2023 8:23 PM
Jan 2021
Anime adaptation is better than I thought for JC staff and in this episode they really showed pretty well of Nano and oliver relationship will be.

Can't really wait for 'that' scene now!
Jul 21, 2023 8:59 PM

Mar 2010
Zefyris said:
ocarinaoftime97 said:
Hmm..
I think after three episodes I am going to have to drop this show. Great animation and visuals. However the characters and story need some work, a bit too generic and predictable for my liking, but I can see the appeal.

So hmm, by sheer curiosity, since you say it's too predictable, surely you can predict what will happen or something ? Can you predict something incoming ( that wasn't already announced to come, I mean) ? Bonus question, can you actually predict what's the protagonist objective in this story ?
All there claiming the show is predictable haven't been predictable damn thing so far and just say after the fact. Funny that. The criticisms toward show have been either been vapored or hypocritical. Bet a bunch of detractors  have also been Jujustsu Kaisen which is bog-standard shounen as you can so they clearly no problem watching the same tropes done 1000 before with new coat of paint. Hell it doesn't stop from enjoying JJK but I'm pretending to watch because not something ever seen before or using as attack against it. Just care about good executions, surprising twist are a bonus.

Iron_MawJul 22, 2023 5:44 AM
Jul 21, 2023 9:32 PM
Jul 2019
Iron_Maw said:
Zefyris said:

So hmm, by sheer curiosity, since you say it's too predictable, surely you can predict what will happen or something ? Can you predict something incoming ( that wasn't already announced to come, I mean) ? Bonus question, can you actually predict what's the protagonist objective in this story ?
All there claiming the show is predictable haven't been predictable damn thing so far and just say after the fact. Funny how that. The criticisms toward show have been either been vapored or hypocritical. Bet a bunch of detractors  have also been Jujustsu Kaisen which is bog-standard shounen as you can so they clearly no problem watching the same tropes done 1000 before with new coat of paint. Hell it doesn't stop from enjoying JJK but I'm pretending to watch because not something ever seen before or using as attack against it. Just care about good executions, surprising twist are a bonus.

I find the complaints about case chemistry even more weird. They are such a nice group who care about each because they managed to bond through shared conflict. They act similar to the people I know IRL. 

Even how they met at the begining was relatable as that's how I became friends with my old college buddies.
Jul 21, 2023 9:44 PM
Jul 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
DIdnt like the episode. Ophelia and Cyrus showing up honestly didn't really effect the story at all (I'd let Ophelia seduce me though). Most it did was give a debut to Alvin and Carlos.
The fact Nanai trailed after Pete, Michela, and Oliver and completely ignored Katie and Guy was disatisfying as well. Guy doesnt seem to exist for anything except as a straight man. Id these people are such good friends I dont think it makes sense for Guy and Katie to leave Nanai alone like that... unless they went to get Alvin and Carlos, which still wouldnt make sense because there hasnt been any content to suggest they'd know where to get to the student council for help.
Nanai's story is still weak. The story seems to be basing that there's always war around where Nanai is but doesn't really give any information on why.
Tfw Oliver's harem seems to be complete and therefore fits the description of your generic overpowered saintly isekai mc who gets all the girls (and yes I know this isn't an isekai, but the pacing and all the lame drama reminds me of bad ones like that).
Andrew still seems to exist to be a pain in the ass. Do we really need the drama of him continuing to have a thorn in his side that he didn't face a troll? It makes sense to let teachers take care of an accident. Honestly why there weren't enchantments already in place to avoid incidences is questionable.
Nanao's story seems to based on old Japan which was very violent and frequently been in conflict. I don't see how its weird. She could've easily been defending her village/area from invaders. Also why would Nanao call for Katie and Guy to stay with her if her goal is to die? She followed Oliver and the rest discreetly after all.

Oliver doesn't even have a harem. Its a love triangle and not even a proper one yet. Also he clearly loves Nanao more so I don't think Katie's feelings will go anywhere. Oliver was also not OP till now. Nanao was stronger than him and the world also doesn't completely revolve around him.

This school is one where 20% of the students die. The headmistress clearly said as such. By using that logic, it makes sense why some of the teachers are so callous and why some senior students try to mess with the 1st years. Also Draco Malfoy existed as a pain in the ass character in Harry Potter too but I never saw complaints like why there needed to be drama involving him.
Jul 21, 2023 10:20 PM
Nov 2021
Silent-Shadow05 said:
Triggerfish124 said:
Nanao's story seems to based on old Japan which was very violent and frequently been in conflict. I don't see how its weird. She could've easily been defending her village/area from invaders. Also why would Nanao call for Katie and Guy to stay with her if her goal is to die? She followed Oliver and the rest discreetly after all.

Oliver doesn't even have a harem. Its a love triangle and not even a proper one yet. Also he clearly loves Nanao more so I don't think Katie's feelings will go anywhere. Oliver was also not OP till now. Nanao was stronger than him and the world also doesn't completely revolve around him.

This school is one where 20% of the students die. The headmistress clearly said as such. By using that logic, it makes sense why some of the teachers are so callous and why some senior students try to mess with the 1st years. Also Draco Malfoy existed as a pain in the ass character in Harry Potter too but I never saw complaints like why there needed to be drama involving him.
Silent-Shadow05 said:
Triggerfish124 said:

I just think its bad storytelling to have a character who supposed had fought in multiple wars (she says wars in plural on episode 1, maybe its a translation/subtitle error). As young as she is and why her hair changes color (which didnt happen in her battle against those other warriors) I just don't think it makes proper sense and its just there to make her seem unique and to have a tragic past, but honestly great origin stories are one of my favorite things so I dislike when they're just briefly covered in a way that I find disatisfying. I get not all stories can be like One Piece or Bungo Stray Dogs which have a lot of thought taken into back stories (although Luffy's seems like its changed a bit over the years, hope you don't mind the slight spoiler).

Before Pete, Michela, and Oliver leave to get Pete's book in episode 2, we see that all 6 friends are dining together. So if Guy and Katie see Nanao leave by herself to follow the other 3, I think it would make more sense for them to have gone with them in concern for their friends. Even in the scenario of Nanai trying to leave without making it obvious she's following Oliver's group, Guy and Katie should have wanted to accompany Nanai, seeing as there's strength in numbers. As for Nanai's suicidal urge, she shouldn't have had any idea that she would end up confronting two powerful mages.

Michela hasnt been seen interacting with anyone else besides Andrew, and in those she was arguing against him, so I think its fair to consider her in Oliver's harem, especially since both times she was backing up Oliver. I think there are anime that only have two love interests that are considered harems, but I could be wrong.

As for overpowered, I would say there are many signs that Oliver is not a simple student, with him being followed by that one chick (which you could possibly consider a harem candidate although I would consider that a bit farfetchd at this time). I kind of felt like editing the OP part out after I sent my original message, but I'm 85% sure that Oliver will be revealed to know a spellblade art. I would say his art is so secret its the seventh, but Nanai might be the one who creates it (In the episode I watched Mr. Carland said there were 6 legendary spellblades, so unless thats another subtitle error there will be a seventh spellblade that will be created or revealed), and besides the crappy harem isekai are the ones with the overpowered characters, and thats what I'm comparing Oliver to anyways.

The school is one where 20% of students die. In my opinion that should make it hard for this school to get new students or donations. As a parent I wouldn't want to send my kid to a school where he has a 20% of dying in his first year. So my logic would be you would want to make the parade not have any chances of death. Thats allegedly why you have upper tier students that patrol the area for dangers. And if the school is truly ruled by the strong, the school shouldn't care about the troll living or dying, or should have sided with Darius Grenville (as in the troll being euthanized after the investigation, instead of a fair trial).

Draco Malfoy was a better written character. At this point his only purpose is to create useless drama
Why do I say useless?
In the second episode Andrew wants to fight Nanai, allegedly to get clout. Oliver doesn't want him to look good so he interferes. Oliver than immediately starts fighting Nanai seriously and it gets to the point the teacher literally has to cancel the fight. The anime acts like Oliver had good intentions, but I don't see them from the end results. Oliver literally judges Andrew in class in front of everyone, so it makes sense for Andrew to gain offense at that. In my opinion, it should have been Andrew versus Olliver for the class example, because Nanai allegedly doesn't know magic yet (which doesn't really make sense with how her hair can change color and how she removed the sword debuff), and the point of the fight was to give the class a good example on what trained sword arts looks like.
Anyways Andrew just then comes over to Olliver and tries to start a fight, and then at the end of the episode he literally sends a challenge out to Nanai and Olliver to fight them. Is he seriously going to fight both of them at once? If hes that strong and things he stands a chance against Nanai and Oliver, even after watching Nanai defeat a troll and then watching Nanai and Oliver fight, I dont think he has any right to be this insecure
Even if its a personal flaw, I still think its pointless drama. Nothing comes out of this except an attempt to make Olliver look like a great guy.
I don't remember much about Draco but I don't remember Draco causing drama being the focus of Harry Potter. Cause honestly that's all Ive seen so far, character squabbles that don't seem that important. And the anime is now a fourth done.
Jul 21, 2023 10:41 PM

Mar 2010
Silent-Shadow05 said:
Iron_Maw said:
All there claiming the show is predictable haven't been predictable damn thing so far and just say after the fact. Funny how that. The criticisms toward show have been either been vapored or hypocritical. Bet a bunch of detractors  have also been Jujustsu Kaisen which is bog-standard shounen as you can so they clearly no problem watching the same tropes done 1000 before with new coat of paint. Hell it doesn't stop from enjoying JJK but I'm pretending to watch because not something ever seen before or using as attack against it. Just care about good executions, surprising twist are a bonus.

I find the complaints about case chemistry even more weird. They are such a nice group who care about each because they managed to bond through shared conflict. They act similar to the people I know IRL. 

Even how they met at the begining was relatable as that's how I became friends with my old college buddies.
The criticism isn't even constructive, they just saying how that is bad without any example how hundreds of series better about it. its like kind of rich to heard claim that people bonding through a bit conflict because they literally know no little else are the same people who like shows Gundam Witch of Mercury where the characters demanding people to marry them after 5 minutes and they just accept that. I guess there is just more bitter and jade anime fans on MAL who never made even over something smaller than saving someone I guess?
Jul 21, 2023 11:23 PM

Mar 2010
Triggerfish124 said:
Silent-Shadow05 said:

Silent-Shadow05 said:

I just think its bad storytelling to have a character who supposed had fought in multiple wars (she says wars in plural on episode 1, maybe its a translation/subtitle error). As young as she is and why her hair changes color (which didnt happen in her battle against those other warriors)  I just don't think it makes proper sense and its just there to make her seem unique and to have a tragic past, but honestly great origin stories are one of my favorite things so I dislike when they're just briefly covered in a way that I find disatisfying. I get not all stories can be like One Piece or Bungo Stray Dogs which have a lot of thought taken into back stories (although Luffy's seems like its changed a bit over the years, hope you don't mind the slight spoiler).

Before Pete, Michela, and Oliver leave to get Pete's book in episode 2, we see that all 6 friends are dining together. So if Guy and Katie see Nanao leave by herself to follow the other 3, I think it would make more sense for them to have gone with them in concern for their friends. Even in the scenario of Nanai trying to leave without making it obvious she's following Oliver's group, Guy and Katie should have wanted to accompany Nanai, seeing as there's strength in numbers. As for Nanai's suicidal urge, she shouldn't have had any idea that she would end up confronting two powerful mages.

Michela hasnt been seen interacting with anyone else besides Andrew, and in those she was arguing against him, so I think its fair to consider her in Oliver's harem, especially since both times she was backing up Oliver. I think there are anime that only have two love interests that are considered harems, but I could be wrong.

As for overpowered, I would say there are many signs that Oliver is not a simple student, with him being followed by that one chick (which you could possibly consider a harem candidate although I would consider that a bit farfetchd at this time). I kind of felt like editing the OP part out after I sent my original message, but I'm 85% sure that Oliver will be revealed to know a spellblade art. I would say his art is so secret its the seventh, but Nanai might be the one who creates it (In the episode I watched Mr. Carland said there were 6 legendary spellblades, so unless thats another subtitle error there will be a seventh spellblade that will be created or revealed), and besides the crappy harem isekai are the ones with the overpowered characters, and thats what I'm comparing Oliver to anyways.

The school is one where 20% of students die. In my opinion that should make it hard for this school to get new students or donations. As a parent I wouldn't want to send my kid to a school where he has a 20% of dying in his first year. So my logic would be you would want to make the parade not have any chances of death. Thats allegedly why you have upper tier students that patrol the area for dangers. And if the school is truly ruled by the strong, the school shouldn't care about the troll living or dying, or should have sided with Darius Grenville (as in the troll being euthanized after the investigation, instead of a fair trial).

Draco Malfoy was a better written character. At this point his only purpose is to create useless drama
Why do I say useless?
In the second episode Andrew wants to fight Nanai, allegedly to get clout. Oliver doesn't want him to look good so he interferes. Oliver than immediately starts fighting Nanai seriously and it gets to the point the teacher literally has to cancel the fight. The anime acts like Oliver had good intentions, but I don't see them from the end results. Oliver literally judges Andrew in class in front of everyone, so it makes sense for Andrew to gain offense at that. In my opinion, it should have been Andrew versus Olliver for the class example, because Nanai allegedly doesn't know magic yet (which doesn't really make sense with how her hair can change color and how she removed the sword debuff), and the point of the fight was to give the class a good example on what trained sword arts looks like.
Anyways Andrew just then comes over to Olliver and tries to start a fight, and then at the end of the episode he literally sends a challenge out to Nanai and Olliver to fight them. Is he seriously going to fight both of them at once? If hes that strong and things he stands a chance against Nanai and Oliver, even after watching Nanai defeat a troll and then watching Nanai and Oliver fight, I dont think he has any right to be this insecure
Even if its a personal flaw, I still think its pointless drama. Nothing comes out of this except an attempt to make Olliver look like a great guy.
I don't remember much about Draco but I don't remember Draco causing drama being the focus of Harry Potter. Cause honestly that's all Ive seen so far, character squabbles that don't seem that important. And the anime is now a fourth done.
Your bit about Nanao doesn't tell me how this actually bad and its assuming all her development is done rather being start of trying to living out normal life over course of the story and her newfound friend are displaying enough basic human empathy in supporting her. Like like Spellblkades isn't going to end in next episode dude.

You criticism about Nanao following them but not the others is pointless. First off they just getting Pete's book not going to a dangerous fight. Oliver and Chela are two most reliable kids in the group so there very little reason for Guy, and Katie to worry. But the kids aren't a hive mind, Nanao and left own her to brave the academy's danger and find an excuse to deal with her heartbreak.

Harems are defined by romance engagement with between specify characters. If was simply just talking to someone, then almost every character any fiction ever is in protagonist harem. Moreover Chela has interacted with Guy, Pete, Katie Nanao too. She backs up Oliver because they both often on the same wavelength due both of them being the most mature people in the group, but there zero romance tension between unlike Nanao and Katie.

Oliver not OP, he's only above average student compared to his peers. Nanao is actually a better swordsman than he is for reasons that will be shown two week from now.

Darco Malfory was one-note character who hated protagonist for being poor and conspired with a bunch of wizard nazis which was dragged across several volumes. Andrew's hostility toward Oliver & Nanao stems from his own inferiority complex from his estranged relationship with Chela who he often unfairly compared against. That's more nuance than Draco had in one page. As a bonus it looks like it will be dealt with next episode instead of overstaying its welcome.

The anime acts like Oliver had good intentions because he did, you just decide he didn't to for "reasons". Prior to duel Andrew all smirk about how barbarous Nanao was and was planning to embarrass her for clout by taking advantage of the fact she couldn't use magic properly. Because Oliver isn't a dumbass to who needs to have obvious spelled out for him and can read the room he Chela stepped in save Nanao's pride and have being mocked by other students for being talentless mage throughout her schooling years.

Nanao not knowing magic makes plenty sense when there no mages in her country and innocent color is just buff that is a specific inborn ability.

Furthermore you need stopping telling people how they are supposed to feel about anything. No offense but you sound like annoying person IRL who thinks they dictated how should personally behave to please you. Chela outlined Andrews reason for fighting Oliver and Nanao and that all matters. He good deal pride empty pride for born from an inferiority complex where he forced compete against her now fears Olive and Nanao taking away even his place at 2nd best. This isn't complicated nor is it pointless drama. Besides you don't even know how he plans to go about this so WTH?

This isn't a critique its a rant post fill with misreads and character assassinations.
Iron_MawJul 21, 2023 11:34 PM
Jul 21, 2023 11:34 PM
Nov 2021
Iron_Maw said:
Triggerfish124 said:

I just think its bad storytelling to have a character who supposed had fought in multiple wars (she says wars in plural on episode 1, maybe its a translation/subtitle error). As young as she is and why her hair changes color (which didnt happen in her battle against those other warriors)  I just don't think it makes proper sense and its just there to make her seem unique and to have a tragic past, but honestly great origin stories are one of my favorite things so I dislike when they're just briefly covered in a way that I find disatisfying. I get not all stories can be like One Piece or Bungo Stray Dogs which have a lot of thought taken into back stories (although Luffy's seems like its changed a bit over the years, hope you don't mind the slight spoiler).

Why do I say useless?
Your bit about Nanao doesn't tell me how this actually bad and its assuming all her development is done rather being start of trying to living out normal life over course of the story and her newfound friend are displaying enough basic human empathy in supporting her. Like like Spellblkades isn't going to end in next episode dude.

You criticism about Nanao following them but not the others is pointless. First off they just getting Pete's book not going to a dangerous fight. Oliver and Chela are two most reliable kids in the group so there very little reason for Guy, and Katie to worry. But the kids aren't a hive mind, Nanao and left own her to brave the academy's danger and find an excuse to deal with her heartbreak.

Harems are defined by romance engagement with between specify characters. If was simply just talking to someone, then almost every character any fiction ever is in protagonist harem. Moreover Chela has interacted with Guy, Pete, Katie Nanao too. She backs up Oliver because they both often on the same wavelength due both of them being the most mature people in the group, but there zero romance tension between unlike Nanao and Katie.

Oliver not OP, he's only above average student compared to his peers. Nanao is actually a better swordsman than he is for reasons that will be shown two week from now.

Darco Malfory was one-note character who hated protagonist for being poor and conspired with a bunch of wizard nazis which was dragged across several volumes. Andrew's hostility toward Oliver & Nanao stems from his own inferiority complex from his estranged relationship with Chela who he often unfairly compared against. That's more nuance than Draco had in one page.

The anime acts like Oliver had good intentions because he did, you just decide he didn't to for "reasons". Prior to duel Andrew all smirk about how barbarous Nanao was and was planning to embarrass her for clout by taking advantage of the fact she couldn't use magic properly. Because Oliver isn't a dumbass to who needs to have obvious spelled out for him and can read the room he Chela stepped in save Nanao's pride and have being mocked by other students for being talentless mage throughout her schooling years.

Nanao not knowing magic makes plenty sense when there no mages in her country and innocent color is just buff that is a specific inborn ability.

Furthermore you need stopping telling people how they are supposed to feel about anything. No offense but you sound like annoying person IRL who thinks they dictated how should personally behave to please you. Chela outlined Andrews reason for fighting Oliver and Nanao and that all matters. He good deal pride empty pride for born from an inferiority complex where he forced compete against her now fears Olive and Nanao taking away even his place at 2nd best. This isn't complicated nor is it pointless drama.

This isn't a critique its a rant post fill with misreads and character assassinations.

Whatever dude. Ive stated my points on why I think the way I do for the anime. You've obviously read some of the manga and honestly I think you're biased because of it. Not a bad thing if the manga is better than the anime.
Honestly I could say you're hypocritical because the point of this thread is to state our opinion on what we thought of the episode. You disagree with me, so you're arguing with me. I could say why I disagree with the points you've made, but Im not trying to change your opinion, and honestly Ive wasted enough time talking about an anime I don't even like.
Jul 21, 2023 11:43 PM

Mar 2010
Triggerfish124 said:
Iron_Maw said:

Darco Malfory was one-note character who hated protagonist for being poor and conspired with a bunch of wizard nazis which was dragged across several volumes. Andrew's hostility toward Oliver & Nanao stems from his own inferiority complex from his estranged relationship with Chela who he often unfairly compared against. That's more nuance than Draco had in one page.

Furthermore you need stopping telling people how they are supposed to feel about anything. No offense but you sound like annoying person IRL who thinks they dictated how should personally behave to please you. Chela outlined Andrews reason for fighting Oliver and Nanao and that all matters. He good deal pride empty pride for born from an inferiority complex where he forced compete against her now fears Olive and Nanao taking away even his place at 2nd best. This isn't complicated nor is it pointless drama.

Whatever dude. Ive stated my points on why I think the way I do for the anime. You've obviously read some of the manga and honestly I think you're biased because of it. Not a bad thing if the manga is better than the anime.
Honestly I could say you're hypocritical because the point of this thread is to state our opinion on what we thought of the episode. You disagree with me, so you're arguing with me. I could say why I disagree with the points you've made, but Im not trying to change your opinion, and honestly Ive wasted enough time talking about an anime I don't even like.
No everything countered with was form the anime, so that excuse doesn't fly. You just weren't a paying any attention decided to read everything happened in the worst way possible.
Jul 21, 2023 11:49 PM
Apr 2023
This really is a good example of a japanese
-made fantasy story.
The episode also did a bit of world-building again, to show how the academy works and how power really kind of rules aside from the politics and ideologies working in their society.

That Andrews, his character is pretty generic in a fantasy setting. He is one of those lower nobility with an inferiority complex and so he acts tough and borderline discriminatory to impose his ideals and to protect everything he loves. He is antagonistic but if he does not die due to a crossfire or accident, he will probably be the protagonists' friend once he is humbled and he accepts their true power.
Jul 22, 2023 12:07 AM
Nov 2021
Iron_Maw said:
Triggerfish124 said:

No everything countered with was form the anime, so that excuse doesn't fly. You just weren't a paying any attention decided to read everything happened in the worst way possible.

Lmao oh yea I wrote two essays and I didnt pay attention. Listen to yourself. I'm literally continuing the anime for 2 reason: 1) Its on my fantasy anime League team because I expected it to be good and 2) Im giving it a chance to be better. So if anything I'm being optimistic that it will get better. There's a ton of stuff I let slide because I figured the content was fair
You know literally nothing about me so don't judge me. I won't be replying back cause you're pissing me off so please find something better to do. Right now I'm watching Devil is a Part Timer S1. Honestly thought this was popular, Im surprised that the sequels have such a low score.
Jul 22, 2023 1:23 AM
Aug 2022
Nanao from
to Realistic
Nice transformation
Jul 22, 2023 1:36 AM
Jul 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
Silent-Shadow05 said:

Silent-Shadow05 said:

Why do I say useless?
Nanao's changing of hair colour can be explained through the idea that she didn't have knowledge about magecraft back then. Oliver in EP1 said that it happens when a mage has incredible mana control within their body which shows her immense potential as a mage. Michela's father probably gave her some lessons before she came to this school. I could be wrong but this is why I think the titular 7th spellblade will come from her rather than Oliver since the show has set up the plot point from the beginning, so I guess I'm with you on that. I also don't particularly care about detailed origin stories as long as they sufficiently explain the character motivations, but that's me.

I don't think Katie and Guy needs to follow Nanao as she had shown that she is very strong and the other two isn't (I think only Oliver and Michela comes close to her in terms of capabilities). They would just hold her back or distract her. Also she may not have known that there would be a fight but I'm guessing she probably detected mana outburst or something thanks to her natural mana control.

Michela isn't just interacting with Andrew though. She has been conversing with the rest of the group. She also hasn't shown any signs of being interested in Oliver, otherwise her shipping Nanao x Oliver in this episode wouldn't make sense. Personally I only count something has harem if there is clearly 3 or more girls/guys interested in someone. If there is only two of them then its a love triangle. Atleast that's how I'm familiar with the terms from me following anime for around 20 years.

We saw the headmistress say that results is the main thing that matters in this school so I think only those parents would send their children to this school who cares more about what their children can achieve, even if it comes with a lot of risk. Also it doesn't seem like its a monolith in regards to teachers and students. There are those who don't give a fuck about others and will whatever means they like to achieve their goal but there are also those that care about the students and magical creature welfare, which is what this episode was trying to portray IMO.

I come from Asia where schools and colleges can be pretty result oriented and student welfare isn't always the priority, which is why so many students commit suicide as they can't handle the pressure. You can watch an Indian movie called 3 idiots which gives a good idea about what its really like. 

Draco Malfoy only became a properly fleshed out character by Half Blood Prince and beyond. Before that he was pretty one-note and his only worth was trying to cause drama. As for Andrew I think the point was explained well thanks to Michela that he had familial pressure so he needed results and beating strong opponents like Nanao and Oliver would be good way to show his capabilities. I just don't see it as pointless drama since I don't know what the future holds and it could easily be relevant later on.

Anyway it has become a long comment but I guess I just don't see things in the same way as you. I wouldn't say both of us are wrong but its clear we have different feelings about it.

Jul 22, 2023 1:46 AM
Jul 2019
RHinoManer22 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Awww, keep crying.

Not OP but FMAB was averaging like 6.5 for me in the beginning and it just got better with time and 64 episodes later I could easily give it a 10/10. Nanatsuma has just 3 episodes so far so I think its unfair to compare a completed anime with one that only has 3 episodes for now.

I also don't think FMAB deserves to be #1 in MAL. There are other better contenders like Vinland Saga S2, AoT S3 Part 2, Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Silent-Shadow05Jul 22, 2023 1:55 AM
Jul 22, 2023 2:28 AM

Mar 2008
Starting an episode with hentai sounds.... hmmmm intriguing.
Jul 22, 2023 5:26 AM

Mar 2013
Nanao ❤️ Oliver ❤️ Katie
Looks like a love triangle.
Nanao on the offensive.
Oliver on the defensive.
Katie on both lanes.
This is getting interesting from that perspective.

P.S. Too lazy to read the wall of texts...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 22, 2023 5:33 AM
Apr 2022
Nanao starts a new life as a cute clingy magical student, leaving her dumb purpose and an innocent dead poet behind. it's good for her that her friends act pretty chill about her past life
Jul 22, 2023 5:49 AM

Mar 2010
Adverrito said:
Nanao starts a new life as a cute clingy magical student, leaving her dumb purpose and an innocent dead poet behind. it's good for her that her friends act pretty chill about her past life
Well they are at place where 20% of student body will die and the pursuit of magic is valued of even over human lives (see Ophelia & Rivermoore) in the mage world in general. Nanao's homeland may have been harsh, but the new world she in is no picnic either. That might be actually be sadder part in all of this. She will gonna need all support she can not to get corrupted by the darkness of the school.
Jul 22, 2023 8:37 AM

Oct 2022
I'm looking forward to their spar with Andrews, a pitiful pathetic antagonist indeed. Kudos if it's a good duel.

Like it how our main figure, Oliver, manages to keep a mysterious aura.. SUPERR COOOL.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Jul 22, 2023 11:26 AM

Sep 2017
Man this samurai is just too much. With the cringe af way she speaks and her chuuni ass personality. Even if I'm supposed to just accept the world building that she's from a place where a young girl can fight in wars all her fucking life and then be so strong she's able to get into the enemy base camp to have fight to the death... It's just a bit much.
Jul 22, 2023 11:43 AM
Nov 2021
Silent-Shadow05 said:
Nana said:
Nana
[quote=Nanao's changing of hair colour can be explained through the idea that she didn't have knowledge about magecraft back then. Oliver in EP1 said that it happens when a mage has incredible mana control within their body which shows her immense potential as a mage. Michela's father probably gave her some lessons before she came to this school. I could be wrong but this is why I think the titular 7th spellblade will come from her rather than Oliver since the show has set up the plot point from the beginning, so I guess I'm with you on that. I also don't particularly care about detailed origin stories as long as they sufficiently explain the character motivations, but that's me.I don't think Katie and Guy needs to follow Nanao as she had shown that she is very strong and the other two isn't (I think only Oliver and Michela comes close to her in terms of capabilities). They would just hold her back or distract her. Also she may not have known that there would be a fight but I'm guessing she probably detected mana outburst or something thanks to her natural mana control.Michela isn't just interacting with Andrew though. She has been conversing with the rest of the group. She also hasn't shown any signs of being interested in Oliver, otherwise her shipping Nanao x Oliver in this episode wouldn't make sense. Personally I only count something has harem if there is clearly 3 or more girls/guys interested in someone. If there is only two of them then its a love triangle. Atleast that's how I'm familiar with the terms from me following anime for around 20 years.We saw the headmistress say that results is the main thing that matters in this school so I think only those parents would send their children to this school who cares more about what their children can achieve, even if it comes with a lot of risk. Also it doesn't seem like its a monolith in regards to teachers and students. There are those who don't give a fuck about others and will whatever means they like to achieve their goal but there are also those that care about the students and magical creature welfare, which is what this episode was trying to portray IMO. I come from Asia where schools and colleges can be pretty result oriented and student welfare isn't always the priority, which is why so many students commit suicide as they can't handle the pressure. You can watch an Indian movie called 3 idiots which gives a good idea about what its really like. Draco Malfoy only became a properly fleshed out character by Half Blood Prince and beyond. Before that he was pretty one-note and his only worth was trying to cause drama. As for Andrew I think the point was explained well thanks to Michela that he had familial pressure so he needed results and beating strong opponents like Nanao and Oliver would be good way to show his capabilities. I just don't see it as pointless drama since I don't know what the future holds and it could easily be relevant later on.Anyway it has become a long comment but I guess I just don't see things in the same way as you. I wouldn't say both of us are wrong but its clear we have different feelings about it. message=69578791]Silent-Shadow05
[quote=Nanao's story seems to based on old Japan which was very violent and frequently been in conflict. I don't see how its weird. She could've easily been defending her village/area from invaders. Also why would Nanao call for Katie and Guy to stay with her if her goal is to die? She followed Oliver and the rest discreetly after all.Oliver doesn't even have a harem. Its a love triangle and not even a proper one yet. Also he clearly loves Nanao more so I don't think Katie's feelings will go anywhere. Oliver was also not OP till now. Nanao was stronger than him and the world also doesn't completely revolve around him.This school is one where 20% of the students die. The headmistress clearly said as such. By using that logic, it makes sense why some of the teachers are so callous and why some senior students try to mess with the 1st years. Also Draco Malfoy existed as a pain in the ass character in Harry Potter too but I never saw complaints like why there needed to be drama involving him. message=69578181]Silent-Shadow05
[/quote][/quote]I don't think Katie and Guy needs to follow Nanao as she had shown that she is very strong and the other two isn't (I think only Oliver and Michela comes close to her in terms of capabilities). They would just hold her back or distract her. Also she may not have known that there would be a fight but I'm guessing she probably detected mana outburst or something thanks to her natural mana control.
Michela isn't just interacting with Andrew though. She has been conversing with the rest of the group. She also hasn't shown any signs of being interested in Oliver, otherwise her shipping Nanao x Oliver in this episode wouldn't make sense. Personally I only count something has harem if there is clearly 3 or more girls/guys interested in someone. If there is only two of them then its a love triangle. Atleast that's how I'm familiar with the terms from me following anime for around 20 years.
We saw the headmistress say that results is the main thing that matters in this school so I think only those parents would send their children to this school who cares more about what their children can achieve, even if it comes with a lot of risk. Also it doesn't seem like its a monolith in regards to teachers and students. There are those who don't give a fuck about others and will whatever means they like to achieve their goal but there are also those that care about the students and magical creature welfare, which is what this episode was trying to portray IMO.
I come from Asia where schools and colleges can be pretty result oriented and student welfare isn't always the priority, which is why so many students commit suicide as they can't handle the pressure. You can watch an Indian movie called 3 idiots which gives a good idea about what its really like. 
Draco Malfoy only became a properly fleshed out character by Half Blood Prince and beyond. Before that he was pretty one-note and his only worth was trying to cause drama. As for Andrew I think the point was explained well thanks to Michela that he had familial pressure so he needed results and beating strong opponents like Nanao and Oliver would be good way to show his capabilities. I just don't see it as pointless drama since I don't know what the future holds and it could easily be relevant later on.
Anyway it has become a long comment but I guess I just don't see things in the same way as you. I wouldn't say both of us are wrong but its clear we have different feelings about it.
[/quote]
Oh shoot I just realized I was talking to two people, you and Iron Maw. My bad.

Have you watched JJK? If we're going off of Nanai having "skill" (as in ability to basically shoot out magical force) but doesn't have "technique" (unable to use her magic in a controlled way, such as shooting fireballs, teleporting, making the ground into mud, etc), than I can agree with you. I don't think its great storytelling to completely skip over stuff like that and she hasn't mentioned training with Mr. Mcfarlane but I can accept the possibility.

I still think that method of thinking is flawed, sorry. Oliver and Michela went with Pete because the labyrinth encroaches on the school. The thing with labyrinths is that they can change within. Like the story with King Minos' Minotaur vs Theseus: Theseus was only able to find his way out because of a magical golden thread that connected him to the entrance of by the labyrinth. Oliver and Michela went with him so that he wouldn't get lost. This means that Nanai would have had to be close by them this entire time most likely, or got lucky. Either way, the "power of friendship" doesn't particularly care about the fact people being there would get in the way, and, besides, if Guy and Katie are that weak wouldn't that basically be the same as leaving Pete alone to find his schoolbook? Of course, this entire inference is made out of hindsight. It's not like they knew something was going to happen to go wrong, which makes Guy, Katie, and Nanai leaving to shadow the other trio something that shouldn't have mattered. But as it is I still don't think it made sense for Nanai to shadow them, although it would fit her character ig... since she's impulsive. The main issue I see with this though is Guy and Katie just get completely forgotten in this setup. The anime hasn't shown us any scenes with just the two of them, so i think all their friends leaving them at the dinner table would be very awkward for the two of them. As it is Guy doesn't really get any screen time. The most the anime has focused on him is when he introduced himself. Besides that we've only really seen him argue with Katie and after that he's basically just there to be a straight man. I kind of thought he would be the character I'd like the most so the fact he's been mostly overlooked since the anime has started is probably another reason why I don't like the anime that much. 

My comment about Michela only speaking to Oliver and Andrew was an exaggeration. However, I think more thought has been given to her dialogues with Oliver than any of the other friends. It is probably a bit too early to declare it a harem anime but the fact is that he's gotten two love interests within the first three episodes makes me think he'll get at least one more. That's just a prediction though since I'm basically comparing it to data of other anime that I feel are similar in their content and how it makes me feel while watching (unable to immerse myself into the story basically and can't help but notice minor details that don't make much sense at the moment).

Honestly I'm just tired of shallow characters. They're just so boring and honestly make me like any anime that has them a lot less. I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter to be honest but I do think your comparison is on the mark. I added this anime to my Fantasy Anime League because I was sure with how the animation looked in the trailer it was going to be good and was going to attract a lot of Harry Potter fans. Anyways I feel like Andrew's obsession over Nanai and Oliver is mostly because the plot centers around the two and it feels cheap to me. I was expecting this anime to focus on magical studies, kind of like Iruma-kun, but as it is there isn't any definite goal in this anime. All the added drama, the characters acting impulsively randomly that only makes sense after another character explains why (this is mostly directed at how Michela and Oliver just immediately got up and escorted Pete out), and the random scene changes (Like them walking to the sidewalk to them going to the parade to a person trying to kill Katie) just doesn't impress me and makes me question why I'm watching this. 

I don't know how Asian schools are but I kinda doubt the principal during orientation tells students how many of them generally don't make it through the school year and then doesn't add any ways they'll try to keep the number from going up or going down. If the school is based on that (to be honest I was comparing it to either Hogwarts or the American colleges), I've simply had the wrong model to compare it to.

Yea I'm probably just being pessimistic lol. I find it easier to bring up points in an anime I don't like rather than bringing up ones that were good. Like the animation for the opening theme song and the battle between Nanai and Oliver was amazing. Even if I don't think the fight should have even happened, I can still appreciate the work put into it.
Personally I find other people's opinions to somewhat affect how I like a certain anime so I really hope I didn't spoil the enjoyment you get out of this anime, nor anyone's who reads these. 
Triggerfish124Jul 22, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
Softhenic03 said:
What kind of backstory was that lol? Just what they wanted me to feel??? She feels regret because she killed that so-called great warrior without even realizing.. WHAT??? LMAOOO.
I know right it's sound so absurd, I wonder if the author or anybody were drunk when they wrote it 
Jul 22, 2023 12:48 PM

Mar 2014
Oh okay so the spellblades are sword technique and I guess later on there will be a seventh...

And Draco Andrews issued a challenge to nanao and oliver, good coz I kinda bit pissed they keep delaying it for whatever reason, let me borrow a famous quote "let them fight"
RedChromeJul 22, 2023 12:53 PM
Jul 22, 2023 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
ProofByColor said:
Man this samurai is just too much. With the cringe af way she speaks and her chuuni ass personality. Even if I'm supposed to just accept the world building that she's from a place where a young girl can fight in wars all her fucking life and then be so strong she's able to get into the enemy base camp to have fight to the death... It's just a bit much.

Your avatar is literally an even smoller girl that fights in war all her fucking life, is way stronger, and is able to get into the enemy base camps repeatedly. The combination of your post with that avatar was honestly pretty funny, ngl

RedChrome said:
Softhenic03 said:
I know right it's sound so absurd, I wonder if the author or anybody were drunk when they wrote it 

She didn't. She said herself that she was searching during the whole war a worthy opponent that would battle her in a fair duel, without hatred, to the death. Because she was taught her whole life that this was the ultimate happiness. Seeing all her companion dying, slaying hundreds of peoples, coming back drenched in their blood, surviving battles after battles. And when she finally reached a place with the rumoured strongest enemy, the difference was so large that she slayed him without noticing it was him. Her whole quest felt futile and impossible to achieve. That wasn't regret, that was sheer disappointment and giving up on finding someone worthy.
ZefyrisJul 22, 2023 5:09 PM
Jul 22, 2023 6:06 PM

Mar 2010
ProofByColor said:
First off, the term chunni refers to a delusional person who lives IRL but acts as if they from fantasy world where they powers they pretend to have would exist. That makes no sense because Spellblades is fantasy where that stuff is not only possible its common. Second the concept of child soldiers is not only new but exist IRL and if anything would be more normal in Spellblades to due how presence of magic works. Nanao 's unique strength was she taught and allow on a battle filed at all.
Iron_MawJul 22, 2023 9:46 PM
Jul 22, 2023 6:15 PM

Sep 2017
Iron_Maw said:
ProofByColor said:
First off, the term chunni refers to a delusional person who lives IRL but acts as if they from fantasy world where they powers they pretend to have would exist. That makes no sense because Spellblades is fantasy where that stuff only possible its common. Second the concept of child soliders is not only but exist IRL and if anything would be more common in Spellblades to due how presence of magic works. Nanao 's unique strength was she taught and allow on a battle filed at all.
I have zero interest in arguing with you but regardless I will at that I'm obviously using chuuni to refer to the vibe of the character. Not in the literal sense.
Jul 22, 2023 8:01 PM
Apr 2022
Iron_Maw said:
Adverrito said:
Well they are at place where 20% of student body will die and the pursuit of magic is valued of even over human lives (see Ophelia & Rivermoore) in the mage world in general. Nanao's homeland may have been harsh, but the new world she in is no picnic either. That might be actually be sadder part in all of this. She will gonna need all support she can not to get corrupted by the darkness of the school.
 u r right, i just can't wrap my head around it, it feels like they are in hogwarts overdosed with fatality
Jul 22, 2023 11:32 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
There's a lot more hidden within Nanao than meets the eye. I'd love to watch how her character develops. Though most of the story and characters are more oriented towards a Harry Potter dynamic, Nanao's past somewhat reminded me more of Guts from Berserk.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jul 23, 2023 7:04 AM
Jan 2021
Time to drop this garbage. Clearly this show isn't going to get any better
Jul 23, 2023 1:51 PM

Sep 2013
I'm out. Can't stand another minute of this nonsense.
Jul 23, 2023 2:42 PM
Jan 2022
I love how we get to know a little backstory of two characters. I hope Nanao will learn how to not looking for death and will start to looking how to live.

The relationship main characters are building is really sweet. For me they really looking like freshman years that just getting becoming friends.

New introduced characters are interesting, meybe beside this succube thing...but I appreate that writers didn't just put hentai -like scen for fun, but they resonable this by just calling her succube.

Kate is very sweet girl and I hope nothing bad will happen to her. I love how writers put their thread about fighting for trolls and other creatures rights.
Jul 23, 2023 7:15 PM

Jan 2023
bruh what?

She has a death wish because her warrior code says.. what exactly? I’m even trying to remember what her code is to paraphrase it and I can’t even really comprehend it…

And why does Mr. Andrew’s have a hard-on to fight Oliver and Nanao so much?

I’ll give it a few more episodes to right the ship.. but wtf is going on here, I need to see something stronger moving forward
Jul 23, 2023 8:31 PM
Sep 2020
shock culture aside, they were actualy kind
Jul 23, 2023 9:37 PM

Mar 2010
10110 said:
bruh what?

She has a death wish because her warrior code says.. what exactly? I’m even trying to remember what her code is to paraphrase it and I can’t even really comprehend it…

And why does Mr. Andrew’s have a hard-on to fight Oliver and Nanao so much?

I’ll give it a few more episodes to right the ship.. but wtf is going on here, I need to see something stronger moving forward
-Nanao's warrior culture states that hightest form of happiness is a duel between two who people share admiration and respect for one another to the point they are willing to fight at their best even if it will result in death.

-Chela already explained about Andrews, he's fighting Oliver and Nanao out of a sense misplaced pride. The other part of his background from his perspective will elaborated on later.
Jul 25, 2023 8:11 AM
Jan 2022
Zefyris said:
ocarinaoftime97 said:
Hmm..
I think after three episodes I am going to have to drop this show. Great animation and visuals. However the characters and story need some work, a bit too generic and predictable for my liking, but I can see the appeal.

Heh, imho a good callout - I think a very reasonable question.
Jul 25, 2023 8:13 AM
Jan 2022
As a LN reader - unfortunately IMHO this is a typical "LN commercial" style adaptation.

Jumping from one plot point to another - which is unfortunate because the first LN does a good job setting up the plots for the subsequent LNs.

It is not horrible, but source material would have required a significant effort - well above what I am seeing.

IMHO, Alderamin anime adaptation was much better.
(Alderamin is by the same LN author).

Edit: tbh the way the first LN is if they did not move fast modern audience will abandon everything after the first episode. So it is kinda a lose-lose situation.
Jul 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Mar 2010
durask said:
As a LN reader - unfortunately IMHO this is a typical "LN commercial" style adaptation.

Jumping from one plot point to another - which is unfortunate because the first LN does a good job setting up the plots for the subsequent LNs.

It is not horrible, but source material would have required a significant effort - well above what I am seeing.

IMHO, Alderamin anime adaptation was much better.
(Alderamin is by the same LN author).

Edit: tbh the way the first LN is if they did not move fast modern audience will abandon everything after the first episode. So it is kinda a lose-lose situation.
I reread vol 1 and the pacing has been matching it so far. Only lost so far is just extra lines of dialogue and vol 1 has a lot stuff happening in anyway. it even then this isn't what some people here complaining about. Its being bashed for story slowly easing you into it rather being like a walking Wikipedia and spilling beans everyone.
Iron_MawJul 25, 2023 7:57 PM
Jul 25, 2023 6:44 PM
Nov 2021
Actually I wanna know the secret of Oliver....like if he's a member of secret organisation or not.... currently Oliver looks quite ordinary
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.