Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2023 2:40 PM
Jun 2023
Love seeing the humor contrasting with some darker elements
Jul 31, 2023 3:15 PM
Nov 2015
It was nice to see that mc knows whats happening around him, not just nuts
Jul 31, 2023 3:16 PM

Dec 2017
The moral of this episode was that having an 8K TV is awesome.
Jul 31, 2023 3:16 PM

Mar 2023
just when we though we'd get some new crew members...
kencho had his few minutes of heaven and his mind immediately went back to the TV lol. i really liked those girls though, too little screen time :(
Jul 31, 2023 3:35 PM

Sep 2018
I'm not feeling this like I was in the first couple of episodes...
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 31, 2023 3:57 PM

Jul 2022
yEy they got the tv
m4N i l0vE haPpY eNd1ngs
Jul 31, 2023 4:01 PM

May 2015
The first really sad episode.
Jul 31, 2023 4:16 PM

Jan 2022
curvedtree said:
So many questions unanswered. How long where those 4 inside? Why do the girls behave like it is something that happened that very day when Japan has been in chaos for at least a couple of days? When was the old guy bitten? How long does it take for one to turn into a zombie? The hypothesis that people turn zombies from overwork was debunked? Most important, why did the zombies conveniently disappear when they are escaping with a TV?

I thought this show was going to be better, but plot armour is just too strong.

No kidding, the plot amor is too storg. Take, for example, the truck driver scenario. It has been at most a week since the zombie fall out happened, and there is no way the zombie managed to steer the truck that long w/o running out of gas or crashing into a building/curve. The same goes with what you mentioned about the doomer guy having a bite mark and suddenly turning into a zombie after x days of being bitten.

It sucks to say, but it seems like the show peaked at episode one.
MariklynJul 31, 2023 4:25 PM
Jul 31, 2023 4:20 PM
Jan 2022
poor Akira. man can't catch a break

at least he got his TV, Kencho might not have been much of a wingman but at least he got the TV
Jul 31, 2023 4:24 PM
Aug 2021
call that a hit n run... game is game
Jul 31, 2023 4:31 PM
Jul 2023
"Borrowed dream" 

He somehow found himself living a borrowed dream and I think that really is the reality for a lot of people. Maybe including myself. I've always had dreams and I've always felt like I'll find time to puruse them but you never know. I have the dream to become a writer and publish my own novel. Life is short so I know I should work on it now but at this current moment in time, I'm stuck preparing as much as I can for a "borrowed dream" a good future I can look forward but not exactly what I want to do above all else. I'm sure that if I make it that far I will still enjoy it though, this show just gave me a higher priority for my own dream. I wanna write books that someone can pick up and start anywhere and its instantly a page turner (that kind of tension), I wanna write books with meaning and symbolism. 

Really rooting for this character to find his dream!

Crazy how they killed off characters instanteously, anyone can really die at any time. Which I think really keeps tension and has the audience invested. They did really well to attach us to characters in short time frames. 

Hilarious, them on a bike with a huge TV lol. 

I also like how they combined their bucket list together on the same book. Cause purusing life is SO MUCH more fun with friends. 
TelumanJul 31, 2023 4:36 PM
Jul 31, 2023 4:36 PM
Jan 2023
the flight attendants definitely had fun especially maki lol. but Yukari dying was really sad she was such a great girl if only she could stick around
Jul 31, 2023 4:42 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 31, 2023 5:09 PM

Dec 2018
It's fun since it's zombies. Could it be someone got bit a little got longer time to turn into a zombie? Of course he got bit, just look at his reaction the whole time. Haha...
And it's a miracle zombies actually move away from the shutters... Full of plot armour

Jul 31, 2023 5:15 PM
Nov 2020
Was the scene with the out-of-control trucker a Resident Evil 2 reference? I hope so!
Jul 31, 2023 5:29 PM

Nov 2021
really great episode.. didn't expect it to make me tear up :(
Jul 31, 2023 5:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The stuff with the flight attendants had me forgetting this was the same episode that opened with a zombie farting rainbows lol. It was great tho, the journey to getting a large flat screen TV had more bumps than anticipated but it was damn fun to watch, I especially liked the Resident Evil 2 reference with that hamburger eating zombie truck driver lol, that’s the 2nd zombie truck driver we’ve seen in this show.

And of course I knew the second Akira and Kencho met the ladies and that business man that they wouldn’t last till the end of the episode but it was still upsetting to witness the downfall of the group, it’s also always upsetting to see beautiful babes done this way lol. At least Kencho got some tho, all Akira got was depression lol. That depression didn’t last long tho, I was happy to see him turn the situation around in his head afterward, he and Yukari did have a truly nice moment together after all.
Jul 31, 2023 5:58 PM
Apr 2022
Loved it❤️❤️
Jul 31, 2023 6:10 PM

Jun 2019
So now we know that in this world and particular zombie apocalypse scenario, non-human animals can be infected and become zombies themselves. Since there was definitely a zombie dog in the front of that out of control gasoline tanker truck. Or at least dogs, and, probably by extension, at least most or all mammals. Sometimes in zombie films like Dawn of the Dead dogs are just straight up ignored and walked right past like they don't exist by the undead horde.

Also, this is one of the first times that I can remember, possibly the first time ever, where I saw zombies eating and drinking, or at least attempting to consume, regular food and drink. Since that truck driver was eating a hamburger or some similar looking type of sandwich and that flight attendant lady was still trying to down that bottle of whisky.
Jul 31, 2023 6:15 PM

Jun 2019
Mariklyn said:
No kidding, the plot amor is too storg. Take, for example, the truck driver scenario. It has been at most a week since the zombie fall out happened, and there is no way the zombie managed to steer the truck that long  w/o running out of gas or crashing into a building/curve.
Who is to say when he started driving that truck? It could have been five minutes ago. He might not have been the original driver, but an opportunistic zombie who tore the original or any subsequent driver apart when the truck was stopped or stalled out elsewhere when driving through the city and they managed to get inside. There's many different scenarios.
Jul 31, 2023 6:20 PM

Feb 2014
Mariklyn said:
curvedtree said:
So many questions unanswered. How long where those 4 inside? Why do the girls behave like it is something that happened that very day when Japan has been in chaos for at least a couple of days? When was the old guy bitten? How long does it take for one to turn into a zombie? The hypothesis that people turn zombies from overwork was debunked? Most important, why did the zombies conveniently disappear when they are escaping with a TV?

No kidding, the plot amor is too storg. Take, for example, the truck driver scenario. It has been at most a week since the zombie fall out happened, and there is no way the zombie managed to steer the truck that long  w/o running out of gas or crashing into a building/curve. The same goes with what you mentioned about the doomer guy having a bite mark and suddenly turning into a zombie after x days of being bitten.

That hypothesis that people get turned into zombies because they are overworked would make sense for the driver and I totally bought that, but adding the biting thing is just too convenient for the plot.

And we aren't even considering how the country is working (internet, energy, water) properly if people aren't actually working.
Jul 31, 2023 6:27 PM
Aug 2020
interesting ep tbh, maki was hot ngl I would
Jul 31, 2023 6:46 PM
Nov 2021
I'm a day late but oh well.
I thought episode was just okay. Guess this anime just isn't my taste. Feels like a slice of life except for zombie setting.
Ig zombie bite and infection varies just like the nature of the zombie? I figured those flight attendants and that dude had been in the mall for a while before our two buddies crawled in. Disappointed that the flight attendants didn't include the blonde but that's something to look forward to.
Jul 31, 2023 6:58 PM
Jan 2019
Man, I didn't expect this episode to hit hard. I knew going in that none of the girls was going to be alive after this episode (since they weren't in the opening). But I must say, this anime is really making me question the corporate life and how it changes us and warp our understanding of our passions and love.

This really is an amazing anime so far and as a college student getting into the work life, this is really answering all of the fears I've been having in life and its giving me good insight on what I should value moving forward.
Jul 31, 2023 7:27 PM

Apr 2012
curvedtree said:

FR man, I have a ton of questions myself about this episode.
- Why doesn't Kencho wear a helmet when he rides his bike?
- What time did they eat before they left? We need the exact time.
- Did they separate the garbage before disposing it? Do they even recycle?
- Why did Kencho prefer and gas powered bike than an electric bike?
- Do they use bar soap or body wash when they bathe? Do they even bathe? How often then?

These are just some of the questions that must be addressed because scenes and plot points of a story that are implied and left to the imagination are something YOU and I can't handle. NO NO NO I want to be showed everything down to the last detail in order for you and I to even enjoy it. Those writers have a lot of nerve not spoon feeding us the mundane and irrelevant details that add nothing to the story and ruin the pacing. How dare they! We the viewers, are entitled to such answers. This is an outrage! You and I shouldn't accept this so you go talk to the manager, I'm with you on this.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 31, 2023 7:43 PM

Feb 2022
Getting head at mattress store (or wherever they're at) gotta be crazy though
Jul 31, 2023 7:47 PM

Jan 2022
WatchTillTandava said:
Mariklyn said:
No kidding, the plot amor is too storg. Take, for example, the truck driver scenario. It has been at most a week since the zombie fall out happened, and there is no way the zombie managed to steer the truck that long  w/o running out of gas or crashing into a building/curve.
Who is to say when he started driving that truck? It could have been five minutes ago. He might not have been the original driver, but an opportunistic zombie who tore the original or any subsequent driver apart when the truck was stopped or stalled out elsewhere when driving through the city and they managed to get inside. There's many different scenarios.

Fair point, and at this point, it is far from the story anyway, so this is all speculation. At the very least, I agree there is no timeline to when the driver became a zombie. It just seems edgy for no reason. if it was a regular truck like the first zombie driver. It wouldn't be a problem, but the fact that someone is driving a tanker this late in the "game." Is foolish at best. but that's just my two cents
Jul 31, 2023 7:52 PM

Jan 2022
curvedtree said:
Mariklyn said:

No kidding, the plot amor is too storg. Take, for example, the truck driver scenario. It has been at most a week since the zombie fall out happened, and there is no way the zombie managed to steer the truck that long  w/o running out of gas or crashing into a building/curve. The same goes with what you mentioned about the doomer guy having a bite mark and suddenly turning into a zombie after x days of being bitten.

That hypothesis that people get turned into zombies because they are overworked would make sense for the driver and I totally bought that, but adding the biting thing is just too convenient for the plot.

And we aren't even considering how the country is working (internet, energy, water) properly if people aren't actually working.

Ah, that would make sense that the zombies are hardworking people. I think episode two had an explanation for the wifi/phone service working, but now that you mention it. what is the deal with the power lol. I don't recall they grabbed generators or any thing to generate power.
Jul 31, 2023 7:59 PM

Jan 2021
The MC now understands what's going on in the world
He denied everything until this point... but reality chases us all
Want to know how this anime will end

(PD: good reference to Resident Evil 2)

Jul 31, 2023 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
Mariklyn said:
curvedtree said:

Ah, that would make sense that the zombies are hardworking people. I think episode two had an explanation for the wifi/phone service working, but now that you mention it. what is the deal with the power lol. I don't recall they grabbed generators or any thing to generate power.

In the beginning of the episode, a generator is shown on a table. While they cook and play video games.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 31, 2023 8:13 PM
Nov 2019
baru mau dapet pacar ehhh jadi zombi :'(
My Candies :
Jul 31, 2023 8:43 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was dumb fun, maybe a bit sad but from the first episode it was already obvious that Yukari girl was gonna die. My question is why the hell did the three girls + one guy conveniently not close the store shutters all the way when there're freaking zombies loitering around and could possibly crawl under there. And poor Maki, Kencho cared more about finding the widescreen TV than Maki turning into a zombie.
Well I'm enjoying the stupidity of this show more than I thought I would, I could see the jokes becoming repetitive but hopefully there'll be some new twists brought to the table soon.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jul 31, 2023 9:00 PM

Mar 2007
His friend wined, dined and got laid in less than a few hours! WTH Man, be a wing man !!!

The thrill of finding an airhostess to wine and dine!

The agony of them getting zombied.

But hey, they got the TV!! Woo!

This is such a great, great episode. Amazing anime.
Jul 31, 2023 10:01 PM

Aug 2008
Mariklyn said:

A lot of the energy for Tokyo comes from Hydroelectric plants, which can keep functional without much human intervention for weeks at the minimum. As long as the grid and power lines are there, electricity shouldn't be a problem. Then again is a comedy, so everything is possible.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Jul 31, 2023 10:32 PM

Feb 2022
It's just too sad & unfortunate. But that's how it is...
Jul 31, 2023 10:39 PM
Apr 2021
It's incredible how this MC can still smile after all.
Jul 31, 2023 11:08 PM

Mar 2008
That really must suck to get a little acquainted with some people then soon after they all are dead.....well Kencho got more than acquainted but you get what i mean lol
Jul 31, 2023 11:20 PM

Mar 2019
So freaking great... This show keeps delivering
Jul 31, 2023 11:24 PM
Sep 2021
Okay, this show is getting stupid. Staying positive is a good thing, but what the MCs did was pretty dumb considering they're in a zombie apocalypse, and those girls died because of it. 

Why the hell did they get blindly drunk when being surrounded by zombies? Why the hell did they split up? Why didn't they at least check for bite mark? Why didn't Akira even notice that a zombie was sneaking behind them, they're not exactly stealthy?

If the author wants to make a happy-go-lucky comedy, they should've gone 100% with it. It's a bad idea to mix tragedies in, because tragedies are consequences. If you do dumb stuff, there will be consequences that should traumatize you. In this case, the MCs did  some very dumb stuff, not only they got off lightly without any trauma, but also somehow they even got a positive dream out of it. Sorry but that's not how human minds work, there is no way I can buy that.

Being happy after finding a TV when your date got turned into a zombie is not comedy, it's psychopathy. The author should go watch OPM and see how this type of comedy should be done.
Jul 31, 2023 11:48 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
My beloved Shizuka didn't appear again... it was a great episode, anyway. I'm glad Akira has a fine taste for women. He likes them just the way I do. This episode was the third one. Too bad for her, tho ;_; .

Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Aug 1, 2023 12:06 AM

Jul 2014
Damn they really made a story for those drunk flight attendants in one episode and then killed them lmao
Aug 1, 2023 12:22 AM

Jun 2019
VMPL said:
Okay, this show is getting stupid. Staying positive is a good thing, but what the MCs did was pretty dumb considering they're in a zombie apocalypse, and those girls died because of it. 
They would have been dead all the same if they had never come along and entered the store at all, considering the fact that that other man was already in there with them beforehand and was already infected. He would have turned and tore them apart anyway without Akira and Kencho's presence.
Aug 1, 2023 12:23 AM
Jun 2022
Nothing to see just another random characters that's dead.
Aug 1, 2023 12:24 AM
Jan 2018
Does the manga say what day it was these events occur I can’t remember if it specifically mentions how long the apocalypse has been going for.
Aug 1, 2023 12:44 AM
Jul 2020
On one hand I love the absurdity of this episode that they go to grab a tv to improve their gaming experience and how they just have a cool little hangout spot on the roof. On the other hand damn do the mc's have that plot armor. That and it's like come on girls you literally asked when they entered if they were infected or not. So how did that buisness prick get by you? Hell considering the himbo loves getting naked I almost expected him to drop trou just to prove he's good.

All and all a fun episode but damn a lot of these people lack common sense.
Aug 1, 2023 12:58 AM

Jul 2022
Yukari was so sweet! the ending felt a bit anticlimatic? the whole "I´ve got your tv" thing was a bit out of place, but otherwise I like how Akira has those easy goals in life "today, I want to live simply to get a widescreen tv!". that´s the spirit!

also having a bad feeling that Kenchou is get zombified soon, but my hopes are up.

someone, somewhere is really happy you were born.
you are not your trauma.
Aug 1, 2023 1:23 AM
Apr 2020
A little different from your average Zombie Apocalypse anime, funny with some very touching scenes in this one. I wasn't sure if I was going to stick it out but I think I will.
Aug 1, 2023 1:43 AM

Sep 2018
I think this is going to be a little more polarizing than what I initially thought, I can see a lot of people not liking or resonating with the tonal shifts and the sudden change from histrionics to a more touching or serious scene. Sucks to be them though, I guess.

IMO, this show shouldn't be taken too seriously or you're not going to have a good time. I mean, it's whole premise it about living it up large when the world is in peril lol
Aug 1, 2023 1:55 AM

Apr 2019
No wonder everyone's dying in this anime, they're not very cautious and they don't even carry weapons around not even melee, i guess every survivor they find will die except for the 4 main characters
Aug 1, 2023 2:06 AM

Apr 2023
Yukari-chan... what a loss😢 but unfortunately in a zombie apocalypse lots of good girls like her would die without having the slightest chance, at least she had a little fraternization and nice talk with Akira before she left this world... Only better than her, only her other friend who scored with Chad before becoming a farting zombie lol
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zom 100 - Live Action Movie Discussion

RealNath - Aug 3, 2023

14 by obesechicken13 »»
Sep 18, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

253 by butaniumbc »»
Sep 4, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2023

290 by AaDhy »»
Aug 16, 4:43 AM

» no bd or bluray disc releases? and manga sales is bad

deg - Jan 2

12 by deg »»
Jul 29, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2023

168 by DarkSageRK »»
Jul 20, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.