Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 1, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
Humza_96 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Was the same logo really on there 30 years ago? Then again it could be just an inconsistency.

Yeah it was shown during the flashback when World saved Byojack after he got kidnapped.

It could still be Corazon's, since this special isn't canon. The anime isn't known for being consistent with the manga, this is a perfect example.

As the one on Whitebeard's equipment was from 2 years ago(One Piece time), it still could be Corazon's.
Also notice the cow print pattern on the nurses' tights looks similar to the pattern on Law's jeans, making it even more likely to be Corazon.
Sep 1, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2008
That spoiler with Sabo at the end...
Once everyone started saying "there's a spoiler at the end; anime-only watchers don't watch this." It became very clear to me that it must be Sabo; especially since they started this Special with a flashback to the childhood of Luffy and Ace.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Sep 1, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2014
Thanks for the warning. This is one of the first times I've gone to the forum before finishing an episode, and it just saved me from being spoiled.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 1, 2014 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
Every time I see Haoshoku Haki animated I get the chills, it's so epic!
Is that Doctor Eggman from Sonic? LOL

Wow, worse Hancock animation I've ever seen.
Is this even a leg?
Why the hell is even Perona appearing? Well, Buggy is a no prob but Perona is too much... Even Mihawk? WTF!
Eheh, gomu dakara! =D
Buggy and his epic luck as always.
Hancock well animated is still hot as ever =D
GOMU GOMU NO... RED HAWK!
So Mihawk was the one to save the marine soldiers... why? I would like to have seen something by Akainu :/ I did like to see Mihawk liking what Luffy did, I kinda see Mihawk as someone who will help Luffy somehow.

Good special.
Sep 1, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Thanks for the warning. This is one of the first times I've gone to the forum before finishing an episode, and it just saved me from being spoiled.

isn't by checking this forum you're actually get spoiled even though you're intend to avoid spoiler from the episode itself?

OT: it feel more like a Movie than a special for me. and I glad the animation was go Gear Second for most of the time.
Highlight for me is:
Buggy being a Buggy.
Mihawk and Perona.
Hancock Fanservice..... can't get enough of that.
Red Hawk
and That Ending... I'm rather surprised by so many people that doesn't know that Sabo is still alive coz it's like, everybody on the internet was casually wrting Sabo was alive and well since the first time he showed up in the manga, it feel's like the whole world already know about it.-_-

and what so dissapointing is THEY DON"T LET GARP HAVE SOME FUN AT ALL!!!
when World say that he know Garp and his flashback appear with Garp on it I was like, "don't tell me Garp gonna take this guy down?" and got fucking goosebump there, but too bad nothing happened.
Sep 2, 2014 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
didnt Hancock looks weak here... she even got trouble fighting the fishman
eventhou SHE WAS SICHIBUKAI!!!
even buggy looks more flashy than hancock

i wonder Vergo is as strong as World. both of them can full body armanent haki
Sep 2, 2014 5:57 AM

Mar 2014
jinxbandit said:
didnt Hancock looks weak here... she even got trouble fighting the fishman
eventhou SHE WAS SICHIBUKAI!!!
even buggy looks more flashy than hancock

i wonder Vergo is as strong as World. both of them can full body armanent haki

Nah she beat up World's assistants pretty easily and obviously only Luffy was going to fight World in the end. She didn't even get hit once. And Buggy was funny for a while then got a bit annoying. The Impel Down prisoners reactions are still funny though.

The only weird thing was Perona hanging around with Mihawk.

I'm pretty sure Luffy can do a full body Armament Haki as well. He just hasn't needed to do so because he's fought fairly weak characters so far.
Sep 2, 2014 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
Pardon me for my rudeness guys.
But is this how the animation quality been on recent episodes?
I stopped watching mid way through the mermaid arc I swear the Ace death arc has better animation than this.Then started reading the manga instead.
Or is it like this because its a Special and I shouldn't expect anything to the animation? Especially almost Two hour special.

Also I feel bad for World and his crew.Especially his crew they died when they aren't even aware of it because they were turned into stone LOLOLOLOLOL.
In all seriousness Onepiece always makes me feel rooting for the bad guys T.T

Sep 2, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
great overall, obviously as an anime watcher got spoiled big time at the end, but it actually makes me excited for the upcoming episodes

one thing though i hate it so muich how every single scene hancock is in she always gets reduced to that "oh my god she is so beautiful"

was expecting an actual martial arts fight but NOPE gets turned into a comical joke fight
Sep 2, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
Enjoyable movie overall. Great animation, decent villain, and the mighty Red Hawk. I liked the teaser with Sabo but I've been spoiled for a long time about his reappearance. 9/10
Sep 2, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2013
This helped remind me of why I love One Piece! I thought World was a really cool villian and his power was awesome as hell. It was also great seeing Buggy and Hancock again. However I'm disappointed with Hancock's fight. But still this special really was great. 5/5
Sep 2, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2008
I was expecting this to be half great war flashback but no it was surmised in about 5 minutes, which I loved.

World was an interesting villain I thought and his fight with Luffy was great, but Luffy's powerups throughout were pretty quick...and then there's the anime only viewers reveal at the end. Did not expect that one, but still was awesome.

Yes fanservice with Hancock was excessive, but I got over it.

8/10
Sep 3, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2010
It was good except with that last fight between Luffy and World. Really bullshit. Where did World's speed technique went? He just suddenly decided to not avoid Luffy's attacks. Seriously...
Sep 3, 2014 7:27 PM
Jun 2014
Amazing special and i think would classify as a movie with that length. Just wish there was more development on the other straw hats during the training they had. I mean robin is completely not showed as to what she was doing. Still fantastic story, villain and progression. Good stuff Oda
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sep 3, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
World is a fool... I mean why did he said that shit about nakama's are just tools? Now even if Luffy's an inch away from death he powered up and beat the shit out of him.. Future villains should learn this. Because experience and strength are irrelevant when your nakamas are in the line... Anyway screw that stupid logic, this was an awesome special although I wish they should've made this a movie for of course a better art and animation. That "Red Hawk" attack was badass I wonder if he'll use it on Doffy in the future.. hmm...

Was that Sabo in the end? what the? I don't even... I was pretty sure he died oh well all the more reason to stay pumped up for they next arc! just finish Doffy's arc already it's getting boring.

Also, Hancock X Luffy forevah bishies!
Sep 3, 2014 9:32 PM

Sep 2012
God that hancock is so cool :3 and the last scene was awesomeeeee ^_^
Sep 4, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2008
This was amazing!
Sep 5, 2014 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
Eh, it was alright I guess. I'm wavering between a 6 & a 7 so I'm going to ramble on my thoughts on it in hopes that it'll help me decide. Obvious spoilers below. If you're an anime-only viewer & did not watch all the credits, scroll past this post and don't look up.

First the story here was pretty standard stuff. Nothing spectacular in terms of structure, pretty standard stuff of set-up then series of battles. Wasn't much more to it outside of attempting to develop the main antagonist & more exposing of Luffy's depression/guilt over not being able to save Ace & his friends being his motivation out of that pit. Nothing new but serviceable.

So I suppose the important part here is the battles & I hated the ones in these. Hancock's & Buggy's battle were more annoying than amusing, the potential problem you run into when your battles are comedic in nature. It doesn't help that Buggy & Boa are both two of my least favorite characters in One Piece but whatever. I guess Hancock's was worse for the pointless fanservice factor (Seriously, if she was tired to avoid being attracted to her, why would she remove [parts of] Boa's clothes. Yes I heard her reason, it's still stupid within the context).

& the final encounter between Luffy & World, I can't say how much I hate victories like this. Guy who owned me in seconds multiple times called his friends tool, now I can beat him! Look, I know your mood can influence your performance but doing it to this extent is ridiculous. It doesn't help that him kidnapping Luffy's friends (they brought him food!) is less of a motivator than calling friends tool. Guess it was more of a straw that broke the camels back but ugh, I don't find victories like that satisfying.

But on the other hand, Luffy beat him but he didn't "defeat" him. I liked the World was able to still move after the fight with Luffy and attempted to fuck shit up for the marines (but a badass Mihawk appeared and stopped that). I also like that they at least attempted to give World depth. Sure, they may have taken some shortcuts here but at least the drove the car for once. So yeah, I suppose I appreciate World more than say, Gasparde but he's no Baron Omatsuri.

There were also several bits I enjoyed, one in particular being Luffy vs. the Rabbit. That Rabbit was seriously bad-ass, I've watched their epic encounter like five times. But by far, my favorite part of the movie, & this is kinda sad, was the last few seconds. I stopped reading One Piece weeks after Sabo's emergence but I still loved seeing it animated. The flashbacks with Luffy/Ace/Sabo are perhaps my favorite run of episodes & One Piece, there's just something special about that time & by extension, Sabo too.

The animation was pretty good, as was the art though there were some issues. Someone already provided pictures of Hancock so I don't feel the need to. The OST . . . honestly outside of the credits song I already completely forgotten it. I'm sure it was fine but the fact that I can't remember it isn't a good sign. The VA was typical One Piece though, which is fine. Hmm, this didn't entirely sort things out for me. I'm leaning more towards 6 than 7 at the moment, so I'll give it a 6 for now.
Sep 5, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
It was OK and 7/10
Sep 6, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2010
Jamming out to the ending song
Sep 7, 2014 5:05 AM

Jan 2014
This was a great special. The animation was amazing, happy to see Buggy again and that ending after the credits too :P
Sep 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Jul 2011
Awesome to see him after the ending. Non-Manga readers must've been surprised haha!
Sep 8, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2010
It wasn't great. I was really disappointed. At this point in the story, Luffy can easily take out paramecia devil fruit eaters and can over come someone using Busoshoku Haki with his brute force in gear 2nd, so seeing him getting knocked around by one was very unconvincing, especially given where he is in his training. Also, Byrnndi World was just another over powered villain that everyone suddenly remembered almost wiping out the entire world and suddenly he is this big thing and dangerous. They've done this with two other villains now. Give me a break. They also forgot about the running gag in which Luffy never pronounces Boa Hancock's name correctly.
Avatar credit goes to toxicashley @ avatarsdb.com
Sep 8, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2012
I got goosebumps when I saw the ending credit clip. Hheehe. Can't wait for him to appear in the anime series already!
Sep 8, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2011
I hope you all watched after the ending song. I fucking started to cry.
Also stunning animation. Shame they can't keep this up in the series...
Also this really felt like a real one piece episode for once. Haven't felt that for a long time.
PangeaaSep 9, 2014 1:48 PM
Sep 8, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2014
Well, I think it was great that they made him appear here, it was good timing because he'll be in the anime in a few episodes and in Japan he's already in the volume covers so it was about time they did.
Sep 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2012
The animation was the best Ive seen in one piece so far. I just wished they would have shown us worlds updated bounty. Who cares if he was $200 million beri when he was a rookie.
Sep 13, 2014 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
Loved this special, Luffy vs World was Magnificat. 9/10, wish the anime looked half as good as this though.
Sep 14, 2014 6:30 AM

Jul 2007
OMGITSGARRY said:
It wasn't great. I was really disappointed. At this point in the story, Luffy can easily take out paramecia devil fruit eaters and can over come someone using Busoshoku Haki with his brute force in gear 2nd, so seeing him getting knocked around by one was very unconvincing, especially given where he is in his training. Also, Byrnndi World was just another over powered villain that everyone suddenly remembered almost wiping out the entire world and suddenly he is this big thing and dangerous. They've done this with two other villains now. Give me a break. They also forgot about the running gag in which Luffy never pronounces Boa Hancock's name correctly.

They're sadly "allowed" to go about with it because an indeterminate amount of caged villains of that nature were held in Impel Down. I agree it sucks to see this formula milked so often right now though. :(
γγΏγ€€γ―γ€€γ γ‚Œγ€€γ γ„οΌŸ
γΌγγ€€γ―γ€€γƒ©γƒ γƒœοΌ
γΌγγ€€γ―γ€€γ γ‚Œγ€€γ γ„οΌŸ
γγΏγ€€γ―γ€€γƒ©γƒ γƒœοΌ
γƒ©γƒ γƒœγ€€γͺんでし!
Sep 15, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2012
Good special.

Need 2D3Y version for other mugiwaras too.

Sep 23, 2014 2:20 AM

Nov 2010
Not sure of his real motivation but world wants to destroy the nobles who live in the equivilant to city in the sky with a giant cannon that took years to build only to be easily stopped and construction destroyed, isn't that just battle angel alita.
Sep 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Oct 2007
Wow. A very well made and enjoyable special episode. A pleasant surprise with the appropriate amount of flashbacks. The animation is more than decent. I think I might have like this slightly more than One Piece Film Z.. or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2014 6:01 PM
Jun 2014
Does this mean there will be an episode 2?
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Oct 18, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2008
The story was ok, the animation in the other hand was bad.
Oct 29, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
The story was great but the small animation mistakes really annoy me like this one where the sisters are apparently more then twice the size of buildings, when actually they are smaller then a tree.

Nov 14, 2014 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
Was alright, cant get enough Hancock getting all crazy over Luffy :)
Also thankfully I already watched the episodes in the series that the ending spoiler gives.

8/10
Dec 9, 2014 9:13 PM

May 2012
Why did I just notice this.. good special :)

Jan 10, 2015 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
Good special but bumping this from a 8 to a 9 just for Hancock. If only the TV series had animation quality like this(well the special still needed som more polish, seem a bit rough).
Jan 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Mar 2011
Not bad for a World of Minecraft movie.
Jan 22, 2015 7:20 AM

Oct 2009
So much feels in the first few minutes! I cried :'D

The special was great as I expected! While World was as generic as expected, his past coupled with how miserably he died it was quite different..

The art and animation was great, but somehow I prefer how Boa looks in the anime better. Even so we got so much delicious Hancock service and that lovely "kyaa~" of her's ♥0♥!!!

Though I was expecting a bit more from the training itself; like how Luffy actually learned to use Haki and a proper explanation for Red Hawk.

Had lots of fun with this special considering how the series is dragging about at the moment.

8/10!
Jan 28, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2012
That's one huge spoiler at the end, seriously. For the people who doesn't even read the manga, how could you fuck up like that Toei?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 16, 2015 9:43 PM

Nov 2014
Great special, feature film quality

Jul 26, 2015 4:57 AM

Apr 2009
Well the Red Hawk was new, even Luffy was surprised of it. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 7, 2015 1:26 PM
May 2015
I hated the ending. World and Byojack deserved it better atleast in the ending, and fucking mihawk 1 hits the only thing World wanted and Boa was just pure fanservice but its expected from one pieace terrible
Sep 26, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
Awesome. Nice villain. Nice action. The whole package.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Mar 15, 2016 8:50 AM
May 2015
Overall it was just decent, especially after seeing the events that happen after this. However any episode is always better with Hancock. Love the way she acts around Luffy, so funny! Still want to see more interaction between the two of them!
Jun 12, 2016 5:46 AM

Jan 2015
This special was good the first time I watched it and atm I only watched half of it and still think it's great :3
Hancock x Luffy <333

The first specials made imo was decent :3
I loved these specials: <3
- Episode of Nami
- Episode of Merry
- Episode of Luffy
- Glorious Island
- One Piece 3D2Y
- Episode of Sabo

But the latest one with foxy was ok but I expected more :|
UltimateDeathJun 12, 2016 5:53 AM
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Aug 6, 2016 5:20 PM

Sep 2014
Just finished watching the special. It was enjoyable overall :)
Aug 27, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2015
This special was fun to watch, but I watched it at the end of dressrosa so maybe the impact wasn't as hard. Still good though

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 30, 2016 12:33 PM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
3 days not, 2 years!

Was little boring the start, but when appear Buggy, begin the best, action, love and comical ;)

....7/10.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk?

sheidesu - Sep 1, 2014

16 by 12manga »»
Oct 2, 2016 1:43 AM

» Ending song

chris5462 - Aug 31, 2014

5 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 12:08 PM

» Promo

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2014

10 by DarkAngelz »»
Aug 29, 2014 10:44 PM

» 3 New TV Spots Streamed

Humstolfoza - Aug 26, 2014

0 by Humstolfoza »»
Aug 26, 2014 7:06 AM

» Trailer #3

ainky - Aug 17, 2014

7 by xfero »»
Aug 20, 2014 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.