Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Jan 2017
Knighthammer619 said:
Was that Dora-chan near the end there, flying over them

Yes I believe so! Just flew across the screen.
Mar 28, 2023 3:29 PM

Jan 2008
Gyudon is so good and cheap to make, I suggest people try it if you haven't for those who are interested. 

Overall, this was a fun show. It got kind of boring halfway through but then Sui finally showed up and the show became so much better. Sui is the best character of the season. Hina Kino did a great job at mazing Sui even cuter. 
Mar 28, 2023 3:52 PM

May 2019
This was probably the chillest SoL anime of the season with delicious looking food. I could tell that MAPPA put love into this show as the production values were high, the animation was great, and I especially liked the colors used for the environments.

The storyline was ok and I liked the reactions from Fel when he would try out a new dish that Mukouda would make. Sui ended up being a cute sidekick that had useful abilities. I do wish that the goddesses were shown more and I thought Ninrir was hilarious (I also agree with Mukouda that they do not act very goddess-like lol).

They definetely left it open for a 2nd season and if they do I do hope for more adventuring with bigger challenges and obstacles (and more delicious food). Anyways, I give this series a 8/10.
Mar 28, 2023 3:53 PM

Dec 2016
Thaeril said:
NitroPlus said:
I hated the Main Character so much. It's unreal.

Why does he have to act so stingy all the time?

Oh the goddesses which all buffed him want some sweets? Better act super annoyed!

Fel wants food which affords MC this lifestyle and protecting him? OH MY GOD YOU ARE NEVER GETTING THE GOOD BUFF FOOD AGAIN!

Goddesses have minor requests that he can easily fullfill at next to no cost? Better rat them all out and have an annoyed face despite having next to nothing to do! They even teleport the food why does he act like its labor?

Why is this guy so stingy and annoying all the time? Stop being so greedy. Literally everyone helps you and supports you. The guild butchers you all the meat and even gave you all the advantages and you will only give them half the wyverns because they can only afford that much despite him already being infinite rich? Main Character is pure funiltered TRASH.
Dude has been living his entire life like that and now he's being extra careful in a new, completely different world. It would be weird if he'd do a complete 180 degree change. Also, he already relaxed a bit compared to how he was in the first episodes.

Goddesses are greedy and needy - you'll give them a finger and later they'll ask for your whole hand. I can see their requests escalating quickly. If he'd fulfil their secret requests he'd have to deal with similar requests all day.
Fel is like that, too but at least he's contributing. There's a reason why he's not feeding him wagyu anymore.

Honestly, if you had to take care of children even once in your life, you'd perfectly understand MC reasoning... You give them what they ask for every time and their expectations grow. They'll ask for more and more frequently and they'll start hell if you won't give them what they want. It's a slippery slope for every parent... and MC has 5 "children" to take care of.

What do you mean that he's been living life like that? I don't remember any of the first episodes showing up that Mukohda would live on a paycheck to paycheck situation or something like that. He has lived on this new world probably something close to 6 months or more (if I remember correctly it took them something like 3 months to cross a whole forest). He should've understood that life in this other world is easy having an OP wolf guardian that shields him from any harm and they can make ridiculous amount of money just hunting pray and selling the goods. It feels odd that he hasn't realized that with such a huge amount of time already spent on such an easy world to live on.

Quite often he complains for having too much money on his hands. You know what would help out with such a silly problem? Spending some of it.

Regarding the Goddesses tributes, I feel you're making a gross exageration. They are asking nothing but treats on something like weekly basis that are worth copper and silver for Mukoda while he earns full sacks of gold coins on every hunting expedition, not to mention that Fel is the one doing the heavy lifting. It's ridiculous that you compare this fantasy world situation to actually rising children. What? Kids don't ask money to buy necessary clothes, goods or stuff related to their hobbies or academics? Shake my fist with fury. Dem lousy kids should get a job and not bother daddy money bags /s

Last paragraph, you're saying that if you had to take care of children you'd understand. How many kids have you raised so far?

MC has 5 children? which ones? I would argue that the only one that could fall under that category would be Sui since Mukodah took basic care of her since she had the functionality of a todler, but even now she's pretty self suficient for anything. Fel doesn't feel like a kid that he needs to take care of, just to limit his unending potential. The 4 goddesses? They are completely functional on their own, the only thing they ask as tribute for their blessings are just treats, that doesn't equate at all to being raised or educated by MC who just pushes a button and gets cheap goods. The goddesses act more like landlords and are barely asking for cheap rent money on someone whose loaded with money and doesn't pay any taxes or any real contributions to society.

@NitroPlus does have a point in their complain.
KimurahMar 28, 2023 4:03 PM
Mar 28, 2023 4:26 PM
Jan 2023
this is going to get a second season
Mar 28, 2023 4:33 PM

Jan 2021
Everyone got a bath in this episode. Fenrir got the biggest glow up, after a bath he looks absolutely legendary. Also I love how each of the goddesses has specific offering wishes. Fire lady wants booze, Earth lady wants beauty products, Water lady wants homecooked meals, and Wind lady still wants sweets. It also looks like they're finally headed towards the sea to eat more legendary monsters.

I love this series, it was really comfy to watch. Honestly it was something that I really looked forward to on Tuesday and usually watched while eating a homecooked meal. I really hope this gets a season two, because out of all the mediocre stuff we get out of seasonal shows, this was a hidden gem.
Mar 28, 2023 4:38 PM
Jan 2019
I love Fel so much!!!! Hes the best!!!
Mar 28, 2023 4:44 PM
Dec 2022
I love everyone's surprise when they found out they killed the wyverns so easily a ate food after 😂. I was told the goddesses would also ask for beauty products and alcohol, I'm glad to see that come true, and I was hoping one of them would also ask for his cooking! I can't wait to see them try it! Mukoda must've been so blessed to be able to buy a bath tub, I for one would love a bath after being isekai'd and running for my life, has he also washed his *clothes* too? Giving Fel a cleaning was amusing to watch, he's such a dog🤣! First a chimera but now a dragon, talk about OP hunting. They're now embarking on a new adventure to cook something new, adventuring is more than just fighting for your life against monsters. I hope to see more of Mukoda's isekai life and more of his delicious food!!🤤
Mar 28, 2023 4:59 PM

Sep 2020
I LOVED THIS EP AND IT WAS AN AMAZING ANIME! (I put it was ok as an accident ._.)

Mar 28, 2023 5:07 PM

Apr 2016
One of the comfiest Isekai-food shows ever. I wish there's another season for this. 

What a great conclusion, heck I'm gonna miss the trio.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 28, 2023 5:27 PM

Mar 2020
Final episode!!!

Fel is such an adorable doggo. Those reactions where priceless. The food is more delicious this finale.

Yes glad I watched this show. The food is amazing and the characters are really fun. It's a great winter season.

They're going to another place and I also want to see the other heroes reactions when they see Mukoda-kun. 🤣😎💪

I hope there's season 2!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 28, 2023 5:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, it hurts to see this one go, but what a nice and chill final episode this was. The townsfolk were thrilled the wyvern threat was dealt with and Fel and Sui spilled the beans that they were just eating for all that extra time lol. The goddesses also got one last moment in this episode where they all tried to secretly get things for themselves lol. And Mukouda finally buys the bathtub he’s been wanting and immediately tries it out, that had to feel amazing being the first proper bath Mukouda has had in this world, Sui was enjoying it too lol. And after making two delicious looking wyvern dishes Fel finally returns and is given his own doggy bath in which he found both displeasure and enjoyment lol.

Then it was finally time to chow down, and then we get to see Mukouda say goodbye to the folks he’s met along the way before moving on to a new town near the sea, and then we get one last meal with the boys after the credits, it’s been fun chowing down with this trio every Tuesday evening.

Definitely one of my favorite shows this season, I ended up enjoying this one a lot more than the other chill Isekai this season “Farming Life in Another World”, thanks to MAPPA it was very consistent in art and animation and had some amazing looking food prep scenes, and of course the dishes themselves always looked awesome, I wouldn’t be upset if MAPPA just made wholesome anime from now on lol. I found myself really enjoying the main trio of Mukouda, Fel and Sui, such a unique combination of characters but they worked so well together, and I saw a crunchyroll comment that described why Mukouda is so great that I liked, the man has amazing cooking skills and has Amazon Prime, there’s no way folks wouldn’t like this guy lol, and I just enjoyed his personality as well.

And the OP and ED were both very nice and fitting for the show, that ED is just the definition of chill. I really hope we get another season of this, maybe MAPPA can get more food sponsors and make it happen!
Mar 28, 2023 5:37 PM

Dec 2022
NOOOOOOO!!! NO QUIERO QUE TERMINE :,(
Es demasiado bueno este anime... Alegraba mis días malos...
Con toda la tristeza le digo adiós a este anime.
Que gran anime :,)
Mar 28, 2023 5:42 PM

Dec 2022
my god that stew with all those big onion slices looked so damn DELICIOUS i went full Garfield
Mar 28, 2023 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
Sui out of 10.  Season 2 when?
Mar 28, 2023 6:57 PM

Sep 2014
Nice characters and overall enjoyable episodes. Sui is always fun.

What holds this series back is how the events don't actually lead anywhere. The story just feels like a bunch of things that happen. Otherwise, it would be significantly more popular.
Mar 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Jun 2021
The only Isekai that I liked this season. What an appetizing watch. I had been making sure I'm eating meals too while watching this lol. I didn't expect to savor this anime aside from cooking itself. I enjoyed their overall adventure. Sui is too cute>⁠.⁠< Mukouda, even Fel can't resist her(Sui's a girl I think). They have some appreciable fight scenes too. 8/10
RedcherMar 28, 2023 7:41 PM
Mar 28, 2023 7:39 PM
May 2019
Where do you start on the manga/LN after this? I really wanna see the interaction between Mukoda and the three isekaijin who were working for the king from the first episode :"D I bet they love him because he makes good food

Am loving the chill mood. Also Mukoda is so relatable with him choosing the affordable bath tub (but then not relatable anymore when he paid front in cash and didn't want any delivery service LOL)

The Sui showerhead is soo cutee, and good thing Fel got a proper bath. He's seriously just a big dog with OP powers www
Mar 28, 2023 8:13 PM

Feb 2019
there better be a second season! i'll miss this trio weekly, and every time i watch this show, i get hungry coz of all the food he prepares for fel and sui lol
Mar 28, 2023 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
I really enjoy gourmet animes!
I hope there's a second season.

Meanwhile, any recommendation on this field?
My candies:
Mar 28, 2023 10:20 PM
Oct 2014
MeguSae38 said:
A genuinely funny episode as our finale!
I had a big laugh when all the goddesses tried to make their "secret" orders to the MC, and then when he treated Fel as, basically, a big dog, to wash him!

Overall I really enjoyed my time with this show, it was not perfect but very solid and almost always a good laugh in addition to being very relaxing (and making me hungry), 7/10 for the whole series!

A fun fact I learned just the other day : the voice actor of the MC and the voice actress of the goddess Ninrir are siblings in real life.
I now find the few scenes where their two characters argued about the offerings and whatnots even funnier, I mean it seems like a nice job to get to argue with your little brother/big sister and get paid for it haha!

omfg bow I wanna go back and watch this scene because that's amazing
Mar 28, 2023 10:33 PM
May 2022
looking forward to the new season
Mar 28, 2023 10:50 PM
Jun 2019
This end episode of season 1 is good. Dear MAPPA studio, please do season 2. For the fan of online shopping.🤗😀❤
Mar 28, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
They really put Biore in the Anime LMAO

First Isekai by MAPPA and they did a good.

The combination of Action, Comedy and Food is what make this series so enjoyable week to week.

Hopefully we got Season 2 announcement soon.

7/10
Mar 29, 2023 2:04 AM

Dec 2015
8/10 from me. I already liked shows l ike Isekai Shokudou - which also was a 8 for me. Here slightly better cause I like the traveling and adventuring + keeping the same chars vs. mini stories with changing chars a bit better. In this season ... High Card and Buddy Daddies come close - if trying to compare to shows with a similar score from me. Feels also better than High Card cause here we do not have a weird plot. Buddy Daddies might be not to my taste now close to the end. (Had episodes in between that were a lot better than here - cause of the emotional stuff.)

The strenght is in the nice and likeable characters. And the comedy. I actually enjoy this type of comedy a bit more than forced and over the top stuff (like in KonoSuba). The situational stuff where Mukohda thinkgs something ... about stuff he should not tell - then then Fel just mention its casually ... never gets old for me. (Here in the last episode about the being late cause eating.)

I pondered and wasn't sure if 8 or 9. But 8 should be enough. 8.4 (other shows I mentioned would have less ... or even 7.5 rounded up) - would have needed a bit more. It felt like they were a bit lazy near the very end. Some good scenes with the outro/ending ... would have felt better. Here the ending felt a bit short. Would have loved to see a direct announcement for a further season. (Someone said they only have adapted 2 volumes and the source has 13 or so.)

Wanna see that guild master that can handle dragons. Would not be weird for us to now expect a huge musculouse guy ... and then them actually offering some mage-type of a girl (not physically strong) ... using magic to butcher the dragon lol. :D

(On a side note: Vinland Saga the only show that is getting 9 - this season. Got really good the previous episode. And I am happy that MAPPA finally adapts some good stuff. They usually are better in original works for me. And adapting too over the top/crazy/action stuff that I do not like. Starting with Dance Dance Danseur and not having this 2 shows ... they seemed to do a lot of stuff I love recently. I can deal with them making some stuff like Chainsaw Man in between if they don't do such stuff only/mainly and the good stuff rarely.)
Mar 29, 2023 2:35 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Forum post number 1000. Just for this show!

Such a lovely anime in my opinion. Calm and funny. Really enjoyed watching this. 
The food looks ridiculously good and the comedy was great. Sui melts my heart every time she speaks. Such an adorable but dangerous little slime.

I really hope for a second season. 
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 29, 2023 3:39 AM

Nov 2013
first time hearing Sui voice: OMG, so cute
third time hearing Sui voice: PLS STFU
-
overall 6/10
a bit boring, but enjoyable
Mar 29, 2023 4:05 AM
Mar 2020
The final confrontation: a BATH, the natural final boss of any part of the anime community!
Mar 29, 2023 4:31 AM

Mar 2011
i don't mind another season of this. good watch!
Mar 29, 2023 5:39 AM
May 2010
This is a really fun anime to watch. I had a smile on my face while watching this episode. Sui is so cute. Fel getting his first bath is so adorable to watch. Hopefully it gets a season 2.
Mar 29, 2023 5:59 AM

Sep 2016
Mappa's magnum opus
Sui is MVP
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 29, 2023 5:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Regular episode to close the season, bath, food and the begining of a new adventure!!!

Second Season? I hope someday!

7/10

kekeke
Mar 29, 2023 6:29 AM
Apr 2021
Read the manga years ago before this came out but I forgot how chill and nice this show was. The final episode wasn’t too filled with plot but that’s what makes this show so good tho, you can chill without worrying that the MC is gonna die and just have fun watching their adventure

The food animation in this episode was top tier I’m pretty sure when Makoda poured in the 2 cans of soup MAPPA used rotoscoping bc it looked so realistic🤌🏽🔥

Anyway I rate this a good 8/10 hoping for a season 2🤩🤩🤩
Mar 29, 2023 10:26 AM

Feb 2011
Hoping for season 2.

This was such an easy watch. Always was happy to sit back and watch mukohda and fel go on their adventures

sui was a great addition to the team as well, the VA did a great job making them cute as could be.

Nothing game changing, just a comfortable show. Solid 8.

Hope s2 comes and the heroes meet with mukohda, i'd love to see their reactions

Mar 29, 2023 11:47 AM
Apr 2022
This anime is good. Make all of Us watching it hungry at the same time. Is there any 2nd season in the future? I'm curiously with Hero Party that still left behind Mukouhda. They really stupid don't know of Mukohda skill Online Shopping very useful.
Mar 29, 2023 12:10 PM
Sep 2018
SEASON TWO PLEASE🫶🏻
Mar 29, 2023 1:16 PM

Jun 2019
My 220th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Mar 29, 2023 1:50 PM

Sep 2012
this needs season 2

this series should also have slice of life tag cause its  slice of life heavy 
Sugram22Mar 30, 2023 12:19 AM
Mar 29, 2023 1:58 PM
Apr 2016
Finally it ended. Already finish reading the LN before this anime started. Really enjoy it. Probably number 3 on my list after Isekai Nonbiri and Angel Next Door. Gonna start reading the LN for angel next door after this. For Isekai Nonbiri, I just gonna stick with manga
Mar 29, 2023 8:48 PM
Jan 2018
love it,love the cuisine foods
Mar 30, 2023 3:42 AM
Apr 2017
Tbh besides the food, there are no advantages to this anime, but for me that's enough and that's the most important thing needed to make it interesting.
LS_11Mar 30, 2023 3:45 AM
Mar 30, 2023 9:54 AM

Sep 2018
Anime that at first I thought was a big nonsense and it's not that my opinion changed much at the end of the series, but the curiosity to see what would come out with a similar synopsis was the motivation that made me start it. The story was not transcendental and the narrative was far too flattened on a trend that has emerged in recent years towards a gastronomic component that pervades every anime series, and I must say that this way of doing is really boring me. In fact, even this anime in the end bored me in the final part, even if I didn't despise it completely, but if I have to say that I'm satisfied then I'd be lying. The second season? Maybe I will, but with reservations.

6/10
Mar 30, 2023 10:16 AM

Mar 2022
Great Season I really need more of this.
Mar 30, 2023 11:58 AM
Feb 2015
Normal adventurers journey to defeat the dark lord, then there's these guys who journey to find someone who is okay with butchering a really rare and powerful species ahaahahahhah
I like that despite this being a finale, there isn't any sort blatantly obvious after everything finishes this is it and nothing more for us and instead shows like what they plan to do next and so forth.
A season 2 would definitely be fun but with just this it's already pretty satisfying as it is ahahah
This one was definitely a delicious one and I'll definitely miss the funny chemistry between the main 3 as well Sui giving his little heart squeal <3
Mar 30, 2023 1:17 PM
Apr 2018
nothing really interesting happens. good setup for season 2 though
Mar 30, 2023 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Everytime an episode of this show is watched, a thousand vegans cry out in pain. Love it! Really enjoyable feel good show with some mad ass action and boss lvl pawning in a most wholesome of ways.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 30, 2023 2:29 PM

Sep 2018
I'm going to miss this show so much, it's literally like a hearty comfort meal in anime form!! While I've been a bit burned out from anime as of late, this is the one that had me hooked and coming back for more each week. The absolute highlight of the season and definitely the biggest positive surprise: an isekai that actually utilizes the fact that the protagonist is an otherworlder. The show follows a fairly basic and predictable structure while still managing to keep it fresh and exciting every episode. The fluidly animated cooking scenes get me more hyped than an adrenaline-filled action story and the character dynamics are so wholesome. One of the most pleasant shows I've had the joy of following in a while! :)
Mar 30, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
this was okay one dem shows... it was truly powered by mappa's quality animation on making all the meat look damn good but that also was a core problem with this show  while Fel was entertaining to watch to some degree  he was just a giant doggo without any refined taste so all the cooking really just came down to meat  and i thought with the gods showing we would get some classic style of food wars of characters orgasming over great food but they were barely around... show ran it's course by the half way point but it was mostly harmless and comfy 

cooking with dog isekai edition suffers from what could be a really great premise but very lacking in the writing department and overall interesting moments 

also the day i can watch one of these shows where everyone isn't shocked by the feats of the MC or in this case MC's allies will be the day we finally start moving forward lol 

6.5/10   7 for the foodporn and making me sad we don't have anything like the first seasons of food wars anymore 
Mar 30, 2023 10:44 PM
Mar 2023
Great anime, simple of course, but it's very interesting to watch. In the last series there was a hint of a sequel, as I understand it.
Mar 31, 2023 4:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sure he had to wash the Fenrir at some point xD It's not bad but I just see it as another generic isekai with the usual fantasy elements but with food added, that's all, and it doesn't even add that much actually, it's relaxing but nothing more than that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2023

93 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 16, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2023

67 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 16, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2023

57 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 16, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2023

60 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 16, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2023

68 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 16, 2:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.