Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2022 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
Poor Kobeni, she was really going through it in this episode 💀

The Eternity Devil finally reveals itself and is wreaking havoc and terror on our Devil Hunters until they give it what it wants: Denji's death. Aki was great in this episode, refusing to let Denji die even if he isn't very fond of him. Now Denji will take matters into his own hands, next episode is gonna be a good one, as they've all been.

Also I love how visually appealing all the ED songs have been.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 2015
I'm really loving Kobeni's VA job here

May 2018
oh shit is Denji really that unlikeable to the new recruits lol. Poor Aki though. Damn Himeno really is dependent on him
Nov 15, 2022 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
Once in a while there comes an anime which is well deserved of the hype. I had stopped watching anime for about a few years now, But this might really be the savior of anime that i needed. Every scene/episodes feels like its straight out a movie.
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Nov 15, 2022 9:47 AM
Apr 2022
who else was reminded a little bit of demon slayer? :D
Nov 15, 2022 9:48 AM
Apr 2022
Don't know about you all but for me the highlight of the episode was kobeni-chan's voices. It is so satisfying I already made it my new ringtone. Past episodes had a bit of teasing but this one didn't hold back in giving some screentime.
Nov 15, 2022 9:48 AM

May 2016
Man I loved how they portrayed the fear of everyone growing except Denji and Power.
Nov 15, 2022 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
damn the fear and desperation is strong in this episode especially for Kobeni lol

the Eternity Devil is strong
Nov 15, 2022 9:49 AM

Dec 2020
My respect to the animators of this episode.
Power is always she, she so funny and that Aki and himeno have a really deep relationship.
Denji is honna jump in the devil with his chainsaw.
Ending 6 great. Aki is really a great guy. What a cliffhanger.
HiroyasuNov 15, 2022 10:03 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 15, 2022 9:50 AM
Jan 2017
Clean visuals and phenomenal animation in character movement and objects.
Nov 15, 2022 9:54 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
It looks so good. I'm speechless. Mappa delivers every week for sure. It is crazy, funny and sad at the same time. Just a chaotic and gory show and i love it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 15, 2022 9:57 AM
Aug 2020
I loved the depiction of the eternity devil when Denji jumped in. A void with no end in sight.

This was also by far the most cinematic since the first episode, from the transitions, cuts, and camerawork.
Nov 15, 2022 9:57 AM

Oct 2019
this was such a fantastic episodes.

and it truly showed how well written the characters of CSM are compared to most other battle shounens. this was pure psychological madness and I fucking loved it!!

this show just keeps getting better, and I am amazed at how all the manga readers say the first season will be the worst one.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Nov 15, 2022 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
mew mew mew mew mew
Nov 15, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 2020
BRO SHTI WAS ASS DAWG THAT BITCH KEPT BITCHING I WOULDVE SLAPPED THE FUCK OUT OF THAT HOE ASS BITCH, WHO GAVE HER A KNIFE IN A FIRST PLACE SHE BELONGS IN THE KITCHEN NOT FUCKING HUNTING DEVILS.
Nov 15, 2022 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Wait so this the kobeni that everybody be stanning and tweeting about? Am I missing something cause rn she more annoying than anything and tryna kill her own comrades?? Calm the fuck down and think rationally.
Nov 15, 2022 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
narkomantas said:
BRO SHTI WAS ASS DAWG THAT BITCH KEPT BITCHING I WOULDVE SLAPPED THE FUCK OUT OF THAT HOE ASS BITCH, WHO GAVE HER A KNIFE IN A FIRST PLACE SHE BELONGS IN THE KITCHEN NOT FUCKING HUNTING DEVILS.

He just like me omg
Nov 15, 2022 10:03 AM
Nov 2020
best episode yet, absolute masterpiece!
Nov 15, 2022 10:04 AM
Aug 2022
Kobeni is just hilarious
Next ep will be crazy
Nov 15, 2022 10:05 AM
Jun 2019
Kobeni whyyyyy please calm down

Jan 2018
Dukino said:
0451 said:
Himeno is quickly becoming my favorite. She wishes for nothing but the best for her partner.

No fight scene until next week. :(

She let him get stabbed. That's not wishing for their best
It's not as if she WANTED him to get stabbed. She wouldn't have allowed him to get stabbed if she could. She wants her partner to live a long life and that won't happen if he dies. How's that not wishing for his best?
Mar 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Wait so this the kobeni that everybody be stanning and tweeting about? Am I missing something cause rn she more annoying than anything and tryna kill her own comrades?? Calm the fuck down and think rationally.

The way she is horrified and gets the worst things done in worst situations is her comedic appeal. In a manga, where most characters are hardcore on killing, someone like her can create much needed comedic moments. She just suffers for our fun.
Nov 15, 2022 10:07 AM
Jan 2017
Great,i laugh too much,very funny episode.
Nov 15, 2022 10:07 AM

Oct 2022
Great Episode as we saw the real colours of some devil hunters and motive of aki for working with denji.

Can wait to see the battle between the devil and denji.
Nov 15, 2022 10:09 AM

Oct 2019
I'm looking for the Himeno kiss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hopefully Denji will kill the devil
Nov 15, 2022 10:09 AM

Apr 2016
This arc is extremely boring
Nov 15, 2022 10:11 AM
Jul 2009
Storm_blessed said:
Once in a while there comes an anime which is well deserved of the hype. I had stopped watching anime for about a few years now, But this might really be the savior of anime that i needed. Every scene/episodes feels like its straight out a movie.

I still watch it because it's a medium I enjoy but this series especially this episode blew me away. It was so well done.
Nov 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2014
Okay I didn't like those 2 idiots crying all episode but power and denji were hilarious as always, also, Aki is already a homie
Nov 15, 2022 10:13 AM

Aug 2022
Love the episode but Kobeni is annoying as fuck.
Nov 15, 2022 10:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They really are taking this adaptation at a sweet pace. No rushing allowed. I wish many manga had gotten this same kind of attention to detail.

Kobeni comes across so much more pathetic and cowardly in the anime than in the manga. The voice acting really gives it that extra oomph.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 15, 2022 10:14 AM

Dec 2020
Why CSM eps are only of 5 mins??????? Man I dont why but i can see death flags around aki, I hope he doesn't die atleast in this cour.

(no spoilers pls)
Nov 15, 2022 10:20 AM
Oct 2022
I love this anime every scene every shot seems like a 10 to me
Nov 15, 2022 10:21 AM
Aug 2022
I really have to salute aki for his determination to kill the gun devil.

IG this was the first time I saw denji saying smart things which is even more devilish than anything even power can think, but what can we say his backstory is the reason.

In the end the animation was smooth and no offense but the little girl was an b*tch.
Nov 15, 2022 10:22 AM
May 2022
so hype for the next episode OMG. MAMA the cliffhanger was just so cool; and I'm already thinking that we are now at the middle of the season 1.
Nov 15, 2022 10:24 AM
Feb 2022
Tf is wrong with her bruh
Selfish hoe tryna save her skin like
BITCH calm the fuck down!!!
Nov 15, 2022 10:24 AM
Dec 2013
Marinate1016 said:

I'm an anime only (at least for this season) so take it with a grain of salt, but the way I see it she's "narratively allowed" to freak out so much because she's the one who really doesn't want to be there. The other rookie is scared and unreasonable because he's inexperienced; Aki and Himeno are veterans and can, to a point, control themselves. Denji is too stupid (and has been through too much) to be afraid and Power is Power.

But from what we understand so far they're all cool with being Devil Hunters and the danger that come with it. Except Kobeni, who was forced to become one by her family. I assume that she comes from a pretty poor family - perhaps the world of CSM isn't that nice, so maybe "just" be working class absolutely sucks - and without education the only jobs that would pay her enough to send her brother to college are dangerous ones. But again, that's not the life she wanted. She's terrified and she doesn't want to be there in the first place.

And then tonally is pretty fun to see a character absolutely losing their mind while everyone around them is being either stoic or crazy. It's a nice contrast. But it comes down to personal preference, so I guess one could find it annoying. Trying to kill Denji was a bitch move but it was meant to come across that way, I think.
BieNov 15, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 15, 2022 10:30 AM

Aug 2020
4/5

A character exploration episode with different sets of personalities, dry humor, horror & cinematic flair sprinkled all throughout blending comedy & hopelessness seamlessly without feeling too off-beat

The cinematography this episode was on some other level entirely. So many reflection shots & overhead shots that gave the feeling of this claustrophobia. Add that with fish-eye lenses and wide angles which perfectly manages to capture the cramp vibe of the space they were trapped in. Not to mention, some really neat foreshadowing of some events that'll transpire real real soon. Absolutely loved it

Kobeni would've been the major talking point of this episode, either people found her really funny or annoying. The latter might be more prominent amongst the anime-onlys but I couldn't be more happy to see our best girl just agonizing in her misery while we heartless, soulless manga readers just bask in her turbulence. She might look fragile and paranoid constantly but the situation begs any normal person like hers to just break. She's just a normal person in this dysfunctional group of misfits. Same goes for Arai, they are both rookies with no prior devil experiences whatsoever so it's not hard to see why they broke down, like they did. These guys were on the normal spectrum while we have Denji & Power, who are crass, unhinged and really the comedic relief of the entire series. Denji is just too carefree while Power does what she wants and is a future prime minister with some really dodgy sales reforms. Also, she is a Nobel prize candidate, incidentally xD. These two had lesser impact on this episode but their dynamics and humor played out pretty well, for the most part

Which brings us to the final set of prominent characters in this episode, Aki & Himeno. Their respective character progression was on the more somber side of things all the while remaining very tightly wound with the themes of the series. Himeno gave Aki a bad habit but it's actually for her own mental sake of rejoicing in newly formed relationship and not wanting it to be snuffed out abruptly, like it had with her previous subordinates. I also like how Fujimoto's characters aren't righteous being or perfect. They have flaws, like us all humans. Paints a realistic picture with these very relatable characters who are privy to some vices like everybody else. Himeno sees Aki as her anchor and so does Aki, in a way. She even refuses throughout the episode to do something that'll hurt Aki because that'll dismember her own well-being as well. She does not want to lose anymore comrades so she's self-projecting. Huge props to Aki tho, he might've climbed the ranks for some viewers who might've not indulged in his character before. He even blatantly states that he cannot defeat the Gun devil and most likely would need a help from a screw loose guy like Denji and he is right. Denji comes up with an erratic plan to take care of the Eternity devil and jumps into the eternal abyss with a nasty cliffhanger

Overall, very good. The devil design was superb and has been the case for all the devils we've met so far. The VA was top notch with some amazing directorial flair . Next stop, a very legendary episode. Can't wait😂😂
2Birds1StonedNov 22, 2022 11:18 AM
Nov 15, 2022 10:31 AM
Jun 2021
ep perfeito tanto em ambientaçao, quanto em trabalhar o desespero e cansaço mental da kobeni
Nov 15, 2022 10:32 AM

Jan 2021
What an "eye"catching episode, get it? they sure love to show off their eyes, which was beautifully done btw.

Anyhow, still being stuck at the 8th floor they quickly run out of options, Aki decides to enter a room and sees a window that leads to another room, an endless rooming. They're now all in shock and can't find of an solution. Kobeni thinks they're going to die there from hunger & hydration, which is possible. Power laughs it off like its nothing, I mean she's a devil afterall so she takes the pleasure in it. Aki sweating is looking at the clock that says 8:18, in fact all clocks are 8:18. He thinks the devil they presumably killed caused this, he froze the time on the 8th floor. Denji having no care in the world just goes to sleep, well goodnight. They found some supplies that might help them get around for maybe a little but Power ends up eating them all.

We then go back in time when Aki & Himeno were still companions, some woman came and slapped Himeno but Himeno said that is what she gets as a devil hunter, Aki being in disbelief goes to the woman and literally shoves gum on her clothes rofl. Himeno starts laughing then, which was cute. Himeno then says to Aki that he needs to smoke a cigarette, Aki ofcourse declined it but still went with it.

The devil they thought to have killed now have become bigger and its literally unstoppable. The devil wants to do an contract and the contract is that the devil can basically eat Denji and then the devil sends them outside. Kobeni appears out of nowhere with a knife ready to stab Denji but quickly gets stopped by Aki.

Aki wants to use the sword but quickly gets stopped by Himeno, Himeno wants that Aki doesn't use the sword. Himeno says that Aki will die much sooner if he uses the sword. Kobeni again comes storming with the knife ready to kill Denji but WAIT! Aki suddenly throws himself in front and Kobeni ends up stabbing Aki, what the actual fuck. Power is now trying to stop the bleeding from Aki. Denji now being done with it says "Let it eat me, then.", Denji is planning to use the Chainsaw in the devils thing, because the devil was screaming pain when Himeno did it beforehand. Denji now jumps into the devil and here it comes,

CLIFFHANGER!!!, goddammit MAPPA.

Oh yeah the ED this time was average, its alright.
Nov 15, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2019
Best episode, worst ED so far.
They did a great job putting out the manga's humor. Kobeni is hilarious (obviously). Seiyuus acting were perfect as well. And the cliffhanger...
Nov 15, 2022 10:34 AM
Apr 2021
ending sucked ass
Nov 15, 2022 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
KOBENI CHAN MAD MOMENTS IN 4K LESSSGOOOO
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Nov 15, 2022 10:39 AM

Sep 2020
The atmosphere of this episode is done very well, I wonder what Aki's sword skill is.
Nov 15, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2018
Eternity devil is here and they set up an amazing fight for next week. When I saw there wasn't much time left for this episode I knew it could be a cliffhanger. Now for another long wait until the next episode. Halfway through the season and I am loving what we are getting from this adaptation!
Nov 15, 2022 10:40 AM
Sep 2022
My favorite episode so far
Jul 2021
It was amazing the plot was great and the ending too but it had a massive cliffhanger
Jul 2022
I expected the hotel arc to end in this episode, but it was still great. I can't believe we already watched half of Season 1
Nov 15, 2022 10:45 AM

Jun 2013
I love watching Rotoscoped Man.
Nov 15, 2022 10:58 AM

May 2019
Wow, what an amazing episode even though there wasn't much action. The atmosphere, the animation, the background on Himeno and Aki, it was all superb like as if I was watching a high budget movie.

Regarding Kobeni, she needs to go or at least be put on probation as she freaked out early on and ended up stabbing Aki. Power and Denji had their funny moments and yes Himeno, don't forget to pay back Denji with that french kiss you promised when he returns. Hell of a cliffhanger, can't wait until the next episode!
Nov 15, 2022 10:58 AM
Jul 2016
I envy everyone that can binge watch the show in 1-2 months
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1019 by Meltedlizard »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

733 by Meltedlizard »»
Yesterday, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

997 by M1tsue »»
Jun 22, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

583 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:14 AM

» Manga art is bad ( 1 2 )

jooohnny_j - Nov 25, 2022

69 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.