Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
Apr 18, 2018 11:03 AM

Sep 2017
The only time I laughed so hard in this loser series(1/10).

I bet he is a girl.

Oh, and Izuki is dead, I was crying so hard, I couldn't go on any longer. :(
Just kidding, this was like even the show writers couldn't handle each character.

I would have rated this a 5 if there was a yaoi moment in the series. That's how shitty this show was. And the end. No explanation of the deaths, no resolution, repeat the shit next year.

And the Mei x Suckakibara. So cute right? Fuck off both of you. Die in hell for all I care.

Now if you excuse me, I am gonna fap off to this.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 20, 2018 12:49 PM

Apr 2018
1^trashiest post i have ever saw

Anw
8/10 it would have been a 9 if i got a good reason on why she didn't say who was the another before so much people died
Maybe they did but i missed it if that was the case please tell me
Oct 11, 2018 6:35 AM

Jul 2016
6/10

Had some moments but overall just lacking in real polish
Oct 28, 2018 11:12 AM
Aug 2018
OK what the heck was that ending- like why were people being stabbed left and right? For me I enjoyed the first 6 or so episodes, I liked how they built up for the ending and I was really expecting something gruesome but not in a mindless fashion where there are explosions every other minute, there's a murderer, the characters are just basically going insane, and out of nowhere Misaki just decides to tell Sakakibara that she knew all along.

Like many other people above has said, this show went from something I took seriously to just purely comical - I was laughing at the show more than I was watching in fear, and that mood change left this anime as one that didn't really know what tone it was going for, which is never good.

8/10- First half great, second half wtf?

And if you're still reading this, please take a moment to appreciate this gif. Like this is one of the moments that just made me burst out laughing, like why did they even include this :P

a
Jan 3, 2019 2:45 AM
Aug 2016
i do not watch this when this release cuz that year i'm a scared kid but now i'm not scared anymore and than what get? nothing ther is no a scene that make me want to close my eyes, from ep. 1 to 12 every episode make me want to mastubrate what is this no horror flirt all the time urgh
Jan 3, 2019 8:10 PM

Jun 2015
damn my theory was right, it was a teacher. but there were way bigger hints that i didnt pick up on, grandpa gave the biggest one of all. didnt even noticed it could've meant she actually died, thought it meant she's been through too much turmoil.
i loved the plot and what was going on, but i also found too many holes in it and wrongs. i mean, if everyone knows about it, why did no one try to actually stop it or have news coverage on it? or why not shut down that class, or the entire school? did no parent or family of the kids wonder why there were only kids in that specific class dying? no one could've not noticed that for literally 26 years. im probably being harsh on it, but frankly, my gut goes with a 6/10.

Mar 2, 2019 5:32 PM
Jan 2019
Yeah the beginning made it a really good show with a lot of potential but the last couple of episodes weren't so great, and Akazawa's death was too much for me.
May 9, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2018
Tons of revelation being transmitted in this episode.

The curse sided with Kouichi it seems to kill Izumi before she kills him. And lol I thought she died from the fall in the flashback.

Aha, now I see why they try to hide from us viewer the 4th rule. That means, all the time their effort to ignore Kouichi is pointless because Mikami/Reiko is not ignoring him. Then again the curse started before Kouichi enter the school. Thus, the right way to nullify the curse is bring the DEAD back to DEATH. What I find weird though is Kouichi is not sad or mad at all in the previous eps when Reiko was stabbed by a student. And they should have examined Mikami's body by a scientist to see if there's anything unusual in her body.

The one who killed Reiko looks like Kouichi lol, but he's not wearing that uniform at that time. The bird and the gramps give us a pretty good hint back there. What comes from insignificant character becomes significant. Well played, well played.

It sure as hell lifted up the curse, but heavy prices cost this. If Misaki tell them from the start this couldn't have been happened. Well if you just let the curse going on the death would be much fewer I guess, since only 1 death per month I guess?

I thought this was a not-so-good ending because they just lift the curse from that year. The next same class as them will suffer the same curse. I was hoping they nullify the curse forever.

If by any chance Misaki's or Kouichi's family study at that school in the next year, welp you're finished.

I demand Another sequel.

rma2002 said:
OK what the heck was that ending- like
And if you're still reading this, please take a moment to appreciate this gif. Like this is one of the moments that just made me burst out laughing, like why did they even include this :P

The curse offed him real quick. Most memorable death what this series has to offer.
Kish0May 9, 2019 6:33 PM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 29, 2019 6:37 PM

Apr 2015
Enjoyed this anime, 8/10 from me!
May 30, 2019 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
yahzee said:
lobkestar said:
Can someone give me a big explanation of the whole episode? I want to know if I understood everything.

What happened: People still killing each other, Misaki knows that it's Reiko, who by the way, is the same as Ms. Mikami. This correlation was never explained until the flashbacks shown in the episode with the grandparents, reiko herself, and the parrot saying it. Reiko died a year and a half ago in the anime by an unknown assailant, and for the funeral, Sakakibara came over during the time for the funeral, and happened to run into Akazawa, who was grieving over the loss of her cousin at the time. But since Reiko became "Another," Sakakibara lost his memories of his time being there since he attended the funeral, Akazawa, however, did not attend the funeral thus why she remembers meeting Sakakibara. And everyone was happy.

THANK YOU. now i understand everything much better.
Sep 1, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2014
Sakakibara and Misaki are terrible characters. So many deaths could have prevented if people just open their mouths and communicated. 6/10 and that's being generous.
Sep 17, 2019 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
This was really good anime and one that I couldn't predict the ending. I was gonna give it 7 at start then in the 4-7 ep It went up to 8, but hte last episodes were really good so I give it 9. I disliked OP/ED but at least OP had this horror set up.

I don't yet understand about this goodbye mother thing as she was his aunt, but its late and I am sleepy so I think about it tomorrow ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 25, 2019 7:34 AM
Aug 2012
On balance, it was thrilling exciting and accompanied by high-quality graphics, not regrets for spending time on this, except one thing: I wasn't expecting that amount of blood during whole sereies, I thought it would be like Jigoku shoujo...still I believe it worths watching!
Nov 5, 2019 9:12 AM

Oct 2019
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
This was really good anime and one that I couldn't predict the ending. I was gonna give it 7 at start then in the 4-7 ep It went up to 8, but hte last episodes were really good so I give it 9. I disliked OP/ED but at least OP had this horror set up.

I don't yet understand about this goodbye mother thing as she was his aunt, but its late and I am sleepy so I think about it tomorrow ;]

Agreed! When Final Destination meets anime...but better! It started out slowly, maybe a little boring for me, but built up the tension gradually. I was on the edge of my seat by the time it got to the final episode. 8/10 overall. An excellent way to kick-start my horror month challenge!
Nov 5, 2019 1:34 PM
Nov 2017
Amazing... Breathtaking, stunning, scary.
It's by far the best horror anime I have ever watched. There are so many things I wanted to research due to how little answers we got compared to the many many questions we got to ask ourselves.

Amazing and new way to use the supernatural about the dead coming back to life as what seems to be a normal human...

Thank you Another
Dec 7, 2019 9:39 AM
Jan 2019
Ok ending, but huge leaps of logic and bad, bad writing ruined any "mystery." A trainwreck. 3/10.
Apr 11, 2020 5:25 PM

Feb 2010
this felt like horror for preschoolers.

yikes.

4/10.
May 16, 2020 3:21 PM

Jan 2019
Mystery was fine overall, but holy moly, how many plot holes, illogical situations/actions they created in last 3 episodes is beyond my understanding.
I'm disappointed, it was fun to watch, quite entertaining but last episodes were terrible.
May 22, 2020 5:28 PM

Apr 2020
Wow! What a plot twist!

It wasn't as gory as i expected it to be but i did enjoy the story overall..

Solid 7/10

Jun 7, 2020 11:07 AM

Jul 2019
plot seems intriguing at first with its mysteries but it became stale since they discovered the tape. its not even explained why the incidents keep happening. its not important but it made me care less about the whole thing. its gonna happen again in a few years, who cares. knowing how curious the MC was at first its disappointing how shallow the story is.

the last two episodes was poorly made, so many times i feel like they are just dragging the duration by throwing dumb dialogues. it feels like im watching a typical horror movie where i get pissed off a lot at characters who react to things slowly. and its not a good one.
Jun 9, 2020 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
Sooo.....

Misaki saw the teacher get killed, through her eyes (random asspull) she knows the that the teacher is dead. But somehow, doesn't tell anyone like heyy
A FUCKING DEAD LADY is teaching them and she keeps quiet abt it. Tf is wrong with her.

Also, like legit, who tf walks calmly on the stairs when their friend just fell from a building. These character are just horribly written without any realistic behaviour.

Started slow, but picked up in the middle and ended horribly. Terrible writing towards the end, only the plot twist at the end was good. Else trash.

4/10 and that's being generous
MistaAshJun 9, 2020 1:54 AM
Jun 9, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
Don't we just love how nonchalantly Koichi walks around fucking burning mansion?? mmmhmm that's the spirit ... ''mm everything is burning imma just check my phone for connection now and call Mei''
Mei can you run?? She can miraculously block any deadly attack but run is a big no-no lol
Mei and Kouichi were the worst in the last two episodes.

Izumi's a red herring, okay, fair.. but she deserved to live more than the others....

The ending is surprising and is unpredecent to all previous cases.. i think it's fair enough, she's been working with class 9-3 after graduating and died then returned as an assistant.
But big thanks for telling that other classes don't have a teacher assistant in the very last episode!! WOW that is SO BAD!!!
And Mei didn't want to say who's dead because it would hurt MC's feelings? That is so dumb. She had cooler personality in the beginning. Before getting attached to that idiot Koichi.

And why hide the CD though? Can the teachers get involved already? It's been 26years of deaths.
------------------------------------------------------------

All in all:

The start was great but it tuned out to be lackluster because of the main characters' behaviour.
The general idea is interesting. A class fighting the curse by ignoring someone. New class member suddenly joining in and ruining the strategy.
It turned out to be logically solid but i dislike how lazily the plot was driven to a gruesome climax and unfullfilling ending.

Main peeves:

- Mei's silence. For the mystery and and a quick n' easy 'way out' of course. Amd her reasoning in the last two eps,

- The main character unreasonably urging to communicate with Mei despite all warnings. Again, it was easier to develop the plot like that and i don't like it.

- No explanation of the start of the curse. So why a certain dead person was able to come back one day?

- no resolution, no character development, no signs of influence of deaths on town, even no entertaining relationship development. The continuation of stagnation with no guaranty of a better outcome.

Minor peeves:

- the flow of the last two episodes
- I hate the opening with a passion

---------------

6/10 - solid but not good.
_MaeMae_Jun 9, 2020 1:48 PM
Jul 4, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2018
That ending was pretty meh tbh. Way too many plot holes, way too many conveniences and a rushed and stupid ending. Smh Kouchi and Misaki didn't even progress their relationship. The person above sums up my annoyances really well.
Jul 4, 2020 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
Not sure why I enjoyed this on my first watch. Nonsensical show with emotionless characters I don't care about. If I want to watch people going crazy killing each other I'll watch Higurashi again.
Jul 16, 2020 1:14 PM

Aug 2019
Whoa I didn’t read all the posts but from what I read it seems like everyone is disappointed from the ending. The anime overall is great I enjoyed watching it and the ending was alright for me, even though I re-watched it and know the ending already.

_MaeMae_ said:
- No explanation of the start of the curse. So why a certain dead person was able to come back one day?

They explained that already
Jul 22, 2020 11:23 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, that has to be one of the worst most dissatisfying endings I've seen in an anime. Also, HOW TF DO EXPLOSIONS WORK IN THIS SHOW. The random bitch that went into the room and got hit by a point-blank explosion gets out just fucking fine and we see her by the car later, but the window explosion that the mc and eyepatch were next to along with the countermeasure girl ONLY FUCKING HIT 1 PERSON AT ALL.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 2, 2020 1:18 AM
Oct 2019
TOTAL CONFUSION

That teacher was his aunt? His aunt died a year and a half ago? His aunt was actually his mom? Wtf, is that supposed to make sense?

And still no freaking clue why this curse exists. Or why dead people appear. Or why the fake eyeball can see dead people. And this is just going to repeat again next school year? Lol oy vey.

These last 3 episodes were truly entertaining. All sorts of action, nonsensical violence, and comically ridiculous deaths. The storytelling still wasn't "good" by any means, but whatever.

Anyways, killing your already dead aunt-mom must be weird/hard.

Series: 6/10. The first 9 episodes were largely boring. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this to anyone.
HagePotPotatoSep 2, 2020 1:37 AM
Sep 2, 2020 1:33 AM
Oct 2019
For everyone saying "Why didn't they just get rid of classroom 3?"...

They obviously built a new school building and this "thing" kept happening anyways. They changed the name of the class (Class C), and it still happened anyways. Pretty sure they even said they changed rooms, but it still happened.

It might've been a scene with the librarian, around episode 5-ish, where it was said they had tried these changes.
Sep 2, 2020 1:40 AM

Dec 2014
if the stupid emo girl point out who is the ghost in the first place, no one needed to die.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 4, 2020 5:21 AM
Dec 2017
This show has been an interesting ride. It was great for the first while but the ending was really strange. It did well to tie up all of the major plot threads but even so i think the ending was handled poorly. For me the ending turned into almost a comedy as so many people acted very irrationally and without urgency.

To me thats the biggest downfall of the show, the lack of consistency in character writing. The characters dont really feel the same from one episode to the next as their writing is inconsistent and due to this character decisions dont really seem to be based on anything and can change at the flip of a switch.

Overall, Another was quite the interesting show with a pretty good story, great mystery that is fulfilled by the end and genuinely thrilling and horrific moments that had me on the edge of my seat. However, its flaws in character writing feeling inconsistent and a poorly handled ending has held back what would have been a great top tier show. 6/10
Sep 4, 2020 5:25 AM
Dec 2017
HagePotPotato said:
For everyone saying "Why didn't they just get rid of classroom 3?"...

They obviously built a new school building and this "thing" kept happening anyways. They changed the name of the class (Class C), and it still happened anyways. Pretty sure they even said they changed rooms, but it still happened.

It might've been a scene with the librarian, around episode 5-ish, where it was said they had tried these changes.

They could have changed the class names to something that wasn't based on an order. For example, Class Elephant, Class Lion, Class Hippo and Class Giraffe. Which of these classes is the third class? Its impossible to tell because there isn't an order to these names.
Oct 10, 2020 6:54 PM
Jul 2017
Dammm dude.
I started this series because of spooktober, and omfg, it was one of the greatest discoveries of the year, at least for me.
Mostly everything was well done, and contrary to popular believe, i really liked the ending but at times it was annoying to see every kind of misunderstanding within the characters.

Lots of fun.
Oct 13, 2020 1:58 PM

Nov 2017
The carnage continues!

Oct 20, 2020 6:41 PM

Oct 2020
um buying the novels right now!!
thanks jeri <3
Dec 4, 2020 3:16 PM
Apr 2016
An incredible atmosphere and feeling of uneasiness, although unfortunately completely wasted! Mystery elements were extremely predictable unfortunately, but it was still a nice watch on that part. The ending went haywire, but it was still pretty cool to see it go all out 'crazy' like that!
Dec 17, 2020 6:12 PM
Jun 2020
I would have appreciated a better ending a lot of characters needlessly killed off, the delivery of the mom (Ms. Mikami) actually being the dead person and not any of the kids were a nice touch but could have had a better setup and delivery. Ending left a lot to be desired but at least it had a concise ending that was still logical, but the early episodes were definitely better than the last, I was giving the show a solid 8/10 but last episode poor delivery definitely drops it to a 7.5, but still rounds to 8 for the final score.

I would have preferred akasawa survive :(
Her death seemed not that deep for an important supporting character
Dec 27, 2020 6:06 AM
Apr 2020
Freak this was good.. A really really good horror anime

After all of that bloody + killing episodes and mind twister plots, I'm really glad that it concludes to a great ending. Can't believe that I watched an another great horror anime that has a same level as Higurashi. Perfection indeed :)

I'll give it 9/10 overall rate. Hoping that I'll found a great anime as this again
Dec 28, 2020 4:17 PM
Apr 2017
Solid Anime, I will give it 8 and not 10, only because they didn't kiss at end ^^'(what a cliffhanger) and because of the meaningless death of Akasawa:(
P.s. I watched this back in 2012 originally and I rewatched it.
Feb 9, 2021 5:29 PM

Aug 2020
I'm very thoughtful... So basically there was this curse upon students of the 9th grade (3rd room), and for some reason they couldn't avoid it even if they changed the classroom name. The story was very interesting at some points, but I think some characters needed more development and screen time (besides Misaki, Sakaki and Akazawa). The soundtrack was nicely chosen. It's eerie and beautiful at the same time. The ending was the show's peak, with lots of tension, and it was kind of satisfying. I just wish there was more explanations about the event, and about the curse itself. I finished this show in two days, and there's this thing that always happens with this kind of anime... This kind of nostalgia and positive feelings towards it... It's hard to say. I liked Another more than I expected, even though the critics towards it make sense.

Feb 13, 2021 9:08 PM
Feb 2021
Who else felt like the ending was... meh 😕
Apr 3, 2021 1:21 PM
May 2020
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

EDIT: So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?

same so I was really confused. If they never told us then that's just a MAJOR plothole.
Apr 3, 2021 1:25 PM
May 2020
um, why didn't I know that Reiko was the assistant teacher lol? Also, I don't know if I misunderstood, but I thought that the ones who were dead had to be the students and they were people who were originally affected by the curse in 1972???? So I'm confused, I would've given this an 8/10 if it was less confusing but I think I'll give this a 7/10.
May 9, 2021 12:45 AM
Feb 2021
I loved this Anime.

Will there be season 2?
gawbyMay 9, 2021 12:48 AM
May 22, 2021 9:26 AM
May 2021
rip to those who rated 1/10. the ending is so satisfying. best anime ever but scariest too
Jun 14, 2021 1:49 AM

Nov 2020
9/10
This was really good but I think It lacks Detail, first of all I didn't even know that Reiko is their Teacher. also It will be better if give the other classmates more screentime for the viewers gets more suspects. but overall it is a really great show. I didn't even expected that ending.
Jun 16, 2021 9:56 PM

Feb 2021
Dang I really though the chandelier got a quadra-kill lol.
Kazami is a complete asshole. How is HE so sure that he isn't the dead guy. That dickhead is on a killing streak.

Also Akazawa totally lost her cool in the last episode. She was just bent on killing Misaki. As the head of countermeasures, she should have handled it more logically and atleast known about Misaki's eye power.

Also what?!?!

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 18, 2021 2:58 PM

Jun 2019
My 93rd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 5/10 rating.
Jun 20, 2021 7:13 PM
Jan 2019
1000 replies!!!!
Aug 11, 2021 11:53 PM
Mar 2020
An ending that was satisfying at least, I really enjoyed the anime based on the gory deaths and how suspenseful the setting is. But I think what it fails on, is of course, what's the story of the horror? I had mixed feelings after the show ended, I was both happy and confused. Oh well, I guess the concept of the calamity is supposed to be a question that only you can answer. I also have mixed feelings with the cast, all of them seems to be forced into this, but at the same time they worked well into playing with the plot of the story. SOOOOO that's an anime done, I want to sleep now.
Your existence doesn't matter because no one will notice if you never existed.
Aug 25, 2021 7:23 PM
Jul 2021
I loved it Everything seemed perfect. Though this is coming from an anime sociopath. BUT WHO CARES! The point is that the blood made it so much more better
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2012

597 by Alkimia »»
Aug 21, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

342 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Feb 6, 2012

423 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

668 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Feb 27, 2012

489 by SolalAnime »»
Aug 11, 12:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.