Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
Dec 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Well so that was the famous Sword Art Online. It was not as horrible as a lot of people make it to be, though it also wasn't great. I'd say it was a good anime, nothing more and nothing less. 7/10
Jan 6, 2015 6:20 AM

Aug 2010
SAO is a pretty good anime but considering that I watched Log Horizon first makes me a little biased for the later.

The ALO part was unnecessary and boring. It's only good for closing purposes and for everybody to have wings. Personally I hoped it end with Kirito waking up in the hospital and ALO can be summarized to a 5 ep OVA.

Anyway the ending is not that bad at all. Kirito and Asuna finally got reunited. A school for SAO players (they should make short OVAs for this). The victory party at Egil's bar was great. But the best part is bringing back Aincrad to enjoy the world without the fear of dying for real and the world seed where other players can create they're own worlds and connect them to the other previously created worlds to make a really massively multiplayer online game. Another bonus is the first opening theme was used again.

Good series overall I would really like to pick up season 2 really soon hopefully. 9/10.
Jan 15, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2010
Finished it. It started off good and had an interesting premise but then it turned into complete garbage and just became overly sappy and girly especially by the ALO arc.

Wont be watching the second series.
Jan 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
scabab said:
Finished it. It started off good and had an interesting premise but then it turned into complete garbage and just became overly sappy and girly especially by the ALO arc.

Wont be watching the second series.

Wish I was like you I still watched the second season
Jan 22, 2015 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
Well Kirito is the greatest character in anime history ever. In fact, he's the greatest character in all of literature/tv industry. What's wrong with the greatest anime man to taking over his world? I mean, he can best anyone in sword fighting, even if an entire army tried to snipe/rpg/mini-gun him down, he'd survive by blocking nuclear bombs with a swing of his ultimate sword created with the tongue of a legendary dragon that lives in the harshest area of the wilderness. But that's still no match for the great Kirito who can 1v1 anything from a rabbit to the creator of Sword Art Online. Try and stop him. He'll turn into a girl. That's not all though, he's handsome and all the girls are on his D at all times. I mean, Asuna was a developing badass first 2 episodes of SAO and then boom, Kirito shows her whose boss and now she's his stupid bitch. Summarizing it up: What's wrong with the greatest man ever taking over what's his world now anyways?
Jan 24, 2015 7:38 AM

Jun 2014
I had been enjoying it towards the beginning, but I have to say it gradually got worse. Especially the ALO arc...

Maybe this just isn't my type of anime but I don't understand why people love it so much. I think it's pretty overrated to be honest.

That being said, it definitely wasn't the worst anime I've seen, and I still watched the second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2009
Well that was something. The series did kind of fall apart with the second half with ALO. I didn't particular enjoy the incestuous love and lecherous bad guy. Wished the creator went with a more serious theme of examining the outcome of SAO survivors in a more deeper way.

We were trapped two years in a virtual reality world, where death is real. Why not celebrate our freedom by going back in!? Why...
Jan 28, 2015 6:31 AM
Oct 2014
it was ok
Feb 3, 2015 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
The idea behind this series was amazing. As many have said before me, it just seemed to fall apart towards the end. I still enjoyed the first arc enough to give it a 9/10. Watching SAO II will just take away from how much I enjoyed most of season 1. I think I'll let the series end here for me.
Feb 26, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
I see why people criticize this show, and I may even agree with them, but still I enjoyed this series thoroughly and I felt really attached to the couple Kirito and Asuna, even though it was fairly melodramatic, but fortunately it never exceeded on pure melodrama and managed to rest on a fine equilibrium in my opinion.
The second half of SAO was indeed very different from the first one, but once got past this and entered the right state of mind, it wasn't that hard to pass over plot devices and still enjoy it.
Didn't really liked the forced triangle drama, but hey I guess I can't have everything.

A good 7/10 for me.
May 2, 2015 5:15 PM
Mar 2015
What did Kirito say at the end??? His voice was muted, but the three of them reacted to it?
May 3, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2011
10th_man_down said:
bloodphoenixsux said:
The epitome of overrated bullshit.

This.

Definitely won't be putting myself through the next season.
Jun 24, 2015 1:19 PM

Aug 2014
I went in watching SAO expecting garbage, I was only slightly disappointed.

The first 14 episodes were a 8/10 for me (it had some confusing moments and I'm a little surprised at how damn fast Kirito managed to charm every single girl, but the OST was amazing and Kirito wasn't that terrible a MC)

But the 2nd half was pretty meh, a 5/10 for me. Kayabe was a decent antagonist who sadly didn't get enough screentime and time to develop while Suogo was just a pathetic villain, he lacked in every single aspect something that would make him a decent villain at the very least.

Overall I will go with a 5/10 rating.
Jul 2, 2015 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Although this is the worst anime I have watched It does not deserve a 1 but a 2 out of 5 because it did have its alright moments but still the anime was terrible! Sorry but does not matter how much they spent on a last episode filled with meaninglessness I never thought once i enjoyed a moment!
At least the little bug is still in the outr-
Wait what!
This a an outrage!
GHAAAAAAAAAAA!
Curse you SAO!
Jul 3, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2015
Finally, it's over. Didn't like it that much. Kirito's relationships with all the girls was crappy. Asuna was okay in the beginning and her character only got worse.
Jul 20, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
Well.. I'm happy that everyone from SAO crew reunited.. And why the heck Aincrad is in ALO's world ? Can they log out then ?

*Yui is still annoying to me* :|

Good that they are together.. I like Asuna :P

And at the ending credits "I'll give everything I have" - *Nerve gear appears* :D
Aug 27, 2015 2:42 PM
Dec 2010

so , 2 year in a comma and still doesn't lose any wight ?
Aug 27, 2015 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
Okay.
Sep 30, 2015 7:31 PM

Jul 2013
Knew something like the original SAO reappearing would happen at the end of that. Good end.

Really liked this series. I can see some flaws in it, but the flaws I see don't seem to be the same flaws that other people see that causes them to hate it so much. I've given this series a 9/10, because while it's definitely not a masterpiece, this is the first anime in a long time that I enjoyed this much.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Sep 30, 2015 8:38 PM
Sep 2015
WELL I HOPE THEY MAKE A SEASON 2, THAT ANIME SHOW WAS FUCKING AWESOME TO WATCH PLUS A LOT OF ACTION
Oct 25, 2015 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
10th_man_down said:
bloodphoenixsux said:
The epitome of overrated bullshit.

This.
Nov 19, 2015 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
Honestly, this show would've been better as hentai. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 28, 2015 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Dec 6, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2014
This show is nice and sweet but with greater potential than what was delivered, and from what I get the source material is the same.

That's the problem really, most of the basic ideas introduced are good and they could work well with each others, but the way they are made to work is really badly done.

The characters nearly always have potential for depth but this depth is never really shown, it is frustrating.
The situations are promising but are always squandered by burning through them and it is not satisfying either.

SAO is an irritating piece of work and it looks like the author knows it, seeing as he started a slow step-by-step reboot of the work with Sword Art Online: Progressive.

I advise people to watch it nonetheless but only for some moments shining by themselves in all this underwhelming mess of a story.

Potential: 9/10
Elements of the story are "clichés", but it also means they can be staples if done right, alas...
Delivery: 2/10
...they are not, they are wasted by poor storytelling choices.
Enjoyment: 5/10
But the good ideas are still there, so if the show as a whole is subpar there are still shining moments of brillance that can be remember fondly.
In the end the show is very uneven, so it will probably be a case-by-case basis for every watcher and the reason why it seems to polarize so much people over it.
DdashungDec 6, 2015 6:01 AM
I'm a big softie.
Dec 8, 2015 12:31 PM
Nov 2015
decent anime but overhyped
Dec 13, 2015 6:58 PM

Oct 2012
Hi my name is Pargphee and I think this is one of the most well written anime ever!!!
Dec 28, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2014
Oh well
It's pretty much like every other LN adaptation except this time girl waited longer than normal for rescuing.
I guess that happens when it's 25 episodes.
Jan 10, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2014
Well, that was shit.
Jan 11, 2016 4:59 AM

Dec 2015
It was fun to watch, but eh...

First half was better, I like that world more. I felt more emotions from that one episode with that blacksmith girl Rika, than after with Asuna. Still it wasn't bad. Love and development of characters was shown nicely and it didn't felt out of place.

Second part was a bit odd, there was a little sense of what is going on many times. Still I don't understand what all Japanese authors have with siscon, or whatever is that name for love between siblings (even when she is cousin, doesn't mean that much difference). It's quite repulsive to see that almost regularly in most anime. Kirito would better be with some love triangle out of his bloodline.
Even when magic world got enough space to show self, it still felt rushed compared to first one.

Overall I get mixed feelings about this, It was good enough to entertain, but yet painful to watch some nonsense, plotholes or not plot at all. Enemy from first half was better presented, after finishing world we can see that he wasn't some 100% generic bad guy. Other guy from second part was quite plain, just nothing about him looks real. He was without any personality.

When I look at rank of this series I get that some of you are pissed with that high score, but I can acknowledge that many people just don't mind any problems with this show and just straight like it. Nothing wrong with that. I hesitate between rank 6 or 7. It was likable, but I can't get through with that much-unexplained things and weak points to give it higher score.
Jan 17, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2014
I regret watch this Anime :(
After ep 4 this show turn out into shit....
Awfull written and horrible character lol...
Jan 23, 2016 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
I really enjoyed this show, and I didn't expect to enjoy it really at all. My only issue with it is the convenient plot devices in ALO, and this last episode ended pretty weird, it was definitely set up for season 2. Overall I enjoyed watching Kirito and Asuna's relationship develop, it was cute and was a nice watch.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Jan 26, 2016 11:12 PM
Nov 2015
Enjoyed mainly the 1st half then it went downhill
Feb 12, 2016 10:12 AM
Jan 2016
Finally the battles are over! SAO is one of the best sci-fi animes. In this episode it also reveals that Kayaba Akihiko was a real genius, and created a program which can procedurally generate fucking totally real worlds!!! That really is awesome. Also it seems that internet speed is actually at least TB/s, and all the computers are undoubtedly quantum. Sci-fi shit is very awesome here!
Feb 21, 2016 10:41 AM

Nov 2013
Thanks for Kirito x Suguha final part, it was beautiful, wanted wincest ending but couldn't hope for more. I was afraid it would be Asuna only time but it was rather Kirito x Suguha x Asuna. I think that Kirito and Leafa can still fornicate in virtual world, well in real world too considering they still live together. He didn't change his ALO avatar because of Suguha, that avatar Leafa fell for. It's just interestin to see what will happen next in season 2, he chose Asuna but also has something for Suguha and Suguha won't give up too.

Also if I understand well other girls gave Kirito and Asuna one month not interfering, so there is possibility of harem in season 2. At least I hope for Suguha and Asuna rivalry for Kirito.

It was good anime, I love Suguha arc much more but SAO part was decent too, however honestly I watched SAO only to reach ALO and Suguha arc. I heard complaining about incest in SAO that's the reason why I watched it actually.
5/5 for this episode for Kirito x Suguha moments.

my personal Kirito x Suguha ending

tsundereharasserFeb 21, 2016 2:23 PM
Apr 21, 2016 12:51 PM

Jan 2016
Really peaceful ending not the best one, but approvable :P kinda expected that he would appear at the hospital but not like that and slice him like that but k then 😂 like the beautiful nature with Kirito~Suguha nice music and dance cute n lovely, really couldn't get my eyes off this anime!! to me its a9.5/10not a full 10 mostly cause it had it ups and downs, and cause some i want just a little but more character development on some of the characters but just maybe. Love the anime in Overall and now if you excuses me im be locked in my room for a few hours watching Extra Edition and Season 2 😂😂have a great night everybody!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 6, 2016 6:54 AM

Feb 2016
They ended it quite well considering where the plot was going. Overall this arc still doesn't compare in quality to the first, although I have to admit that some of the later episodes, including this last one, were pretty good. The highlights for me would probably be
Jun 5, 2016 1:00 PM
Dec 2014
Finally finished this series. I agree with the poster above that it ended quite well considering where the series was going (downhill, IMO). I think that for viewers who fantasise about that world (and I think that is what this anime probably wants to do), it's the best ending possible with the bad guy punished, and the VR world resurrected better than ever.

I have to agree with Ddashung that this series had so much more potential but didn't deliver.

The first two episodes got me excited, the 5 episodes or so that followed were disjointed stories and wasted a lot of briefly introduced characters, but it still had some interesting moments for me. But once Kirito and Asuna got closer, I thought things went downhill for three major reasons:

1. Asuna became a weaker, less interesting character than when she was first seen fighting with Kirito in Episode 2

2. More and more characters are introduced -just- to make Kirito look good, and justify the Kirito x Asuna pair. Notice how every girls who fell for Kirito are "good" (Sachi, Lisbeth, Suguha, etc.), and whereas Asuna get so many creeps (Kuradeel, the tentacle scientists, and more obviously Sugou).

3. It turned harem especially in the second arc. This really deviated from the premises we saw in Episode 1 & 2.

By far my favourite aspect of the anime is the music. Some of them work really well as motivational booster IRL, and I can really see the OST work in an RPG or MMORPG. I used to be a solo MMORPG player a long time ago, so this anime -could- have appealed to me more if only they stayed a bit more true to genre. The art is good too.

Overall, I'd give it a 5.. out of 10. If I was to consider only plot and characters it would be lower though. But in terms of overall delivery, I've probably seen roughly as many better anime as I have worse/dropped.
Jul 21, 2016 5:11 PM

Sep 2014
Ahhh the season one finally came to an end. Kirito should have sliced Sugou's throat imo. Anyway the real reunion of kirito and asuna was so sweet also liked their RL school interaction. Great to see old characters faces again. Loved the part of kirito and Suguha. So yeah satisfied with the ending episode :)

Overall I really enjoyed the series. It had ups and downs but I had a good time ^__^
Aug 4, 2016 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
Happy ending after all, glad to see that.
Is there any season2? might watch it if i get time.
Sep 16, 2016 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
Sugou is one of the most retarded villain I've ever seen.

The first arc was much better.

I'm not in the mood of writing about it in detail, much of what i would say has been already said though, so no point writing stuff that has been said in the past.

I liked the Technical aspect of the show (Animation,Art,Sounds) but i disliked everything else.
Couldn't enjoy it.

Final Score: 4.3/10

First Arc - 5.5/10

Second Arc - 3/10

I think it's slightly better than Re:Zero.
Sep 24, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
So now that I finished it I kind of understand why some people hate this anime so much. Not that I agree with them..

the SAO part was clearly the strong point of this anime. The only downside is, it ended after 14 episodes. Would have loved a longer version, maybe with more story between.

ALO was just boring. I really felt no thrill at all, despite the limited time to save asuna. But since kirito was pretty lazy on this adventure, it killed the tension for me. "Oh no dont die" "omg that suicide" "i dont want you to get hurt" - my ass! Literally nothing bad could happen to any of them.
I guess even with the tension of SAO, the world would be just... boring.

I liked the emotional interaction of kirito with his sister and the whole idea of saving people who are still stuck in the VR. So theres that.
Strong points where maybe that they showed us Andrew and his bar. I hate it when animes give us supporting characters and just forget about them later on.

And thatswhy I really really loved the ending. Seeing all of them together again was just nice! Because I always expected it the logical thing to have a party for the guy that saved your life after beeing stuck in a game for 2 years.

Im not even sad that its "over". Simply because the ALO part was that bad. There where like 3 characters, kirito, his sister and this other guy from her school.
Where was klein or liz in this part?

If they had made the SAO part longer and skipped some of the ALO part (after all I liked that the ending of SAO had its drawbacks.) this anime would have been WAY better.

As for the rating I really dont know what to do. If I would only rate SAO (and that wouldnt work since its kinda open ended with asuna missing) I would give it an 8 or something. If the part was longer probably a 9 (I just loved the world, the dungeons and interaction with the guilds. Therefore Im sad that it was so suddenly over)
But since ALO is a part of this anime, I have to go down with the score. If I would be fair, I would go really low. ALO was just that plain to me.
But considering this anime gets hated way to much, I rate this 8/10.

Animation, OST and voice acting where amazing. Probably better then anything that aired this year. (yes Re Zero, you had amazing OST and voice acting. But the animation went down in the last part.)

Im glad that I finally watched it anyway, I had really really low expactations with all the hate that anime fans have for this show. I wouldnt mind a reboot with ONLY the SAO part and an alternative way to handle the ALO part. Basically without any ALO if possible.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 7, 2016 4:18 AM
Aug 2016
Pretty great ending to the season, this arc was decent, I hated the fact that they mad Asuna a damsel in distress, the villain was pitiful and a there were few other things that irritated me, but it was still entertaining at least.

Episode: 9/10
Aincrad arc: 8/10
Fairy Dance arc: 6/10
Season: 7/10
Nov 22, 2016 3:30 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
yeha they are back together blablabla happy end yeha -.-

Dec 20, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
Well, Wait the Movie at Winter 2017...
Dec 27, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
I am finally.
..done with SAO.....
But after Ep 24 I kinda felt like Ep 25 was a let downer.....
Oh, well whatever....anyway I got to see kirito and Asuna in school uniforms LOL!
Jan 11, 2017 4:34 PM

Jul 2014
While this show was bad, I honestly expected worse. I didn't think it was significantly worse in terms of writing or character than most shows from the last few years.

3/10
Mar 25, 2017 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
This episode is very enjoyable and amazing. Kirito kiss Asuna in hospital after defeated Suguo again. Then, Suguo be arrested by police and ALO events is end with 300 people safe and health to come back the real world. This is so great and warm. 11/10 scores

Overall, SAO: 10.75/10 scores , ALO: 10.07/10 Scores

Overall SAO season 1: 10.41/10 scores

Hope that, and somedays, God's blessing on this wonderful heartful human could continue to enjoy watched other anime which are touching, amazing and unique. I can't wait season 2 and the movie.
Apr 10, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2016
NICE !!~~ Gonna watch the season 2 :D

Overall : 10/10
May 14, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
Exept the assault the beginning it was a peaceful and relaxing ending. Kirito and Asuna were cute together, like them more now than at the beginning. The ending scene with all character joining together was also nice.

Overall an enjoyable show, way better than supposed, even though the strenght was definitely the first arc storywisw, while this was rather bad despite some nice moments and this decent epilogue.

6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 2017 7:43 AM
Jan 2017
An amazing anime overall, great story with lots of unexpected twists 10/10
Pages (29) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

735 by Artromex »»
Jun 29, 9:38 AM

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

110 by Cituriix »»
Jun 29, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

1301 by Artromex »»
Jun 28, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1270 by Artromex »»
Jun 26, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2012

769 by Artromex »»
Jun 25, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.