New 'Trigun' Anime Project Announced for 2023

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2022 9:25 AM
Mar 2014
i refuse to watch cg out of principle
Jun 17, 2022 10:01 AM

Mar 2019
I'M LOVE TRIGUN AND TRIGUN MAXIMUM SO FUCKING MUCH AND I'M SO FUCKING HYPED HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Only god knows how much I dreamed about this day... damn...
Jun 17, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
I think this is a great news for the Studio Orange. From what we have in anime industry, they particularly have a great vision and talent in CGI Animations, and I can't even wait for them to get better overtime.

I can understand that so many people hates 3DCG and those people probably won't even watch a single episode of this (because they don't even want to try), but according to the producer of Studio Orange, this remake was in planning stage since freakin' 2017. I have a feeling that this will be huge. And this adaptation could be a great way to introduce people to CGI, because Trigun is a fairly popular series. And I'm SURE it'll look great.

I just don't want some AniTubers (like that somethingworld guy) or Twitter clowns to absolutely cancel this adaptation "only because it's CG". Bad CG is always debatable, even I myself hate it, but Studio Orange is always trying to improve their style, and I think they're making a damn good job at it.

I recommend watching the OVA named "Home" from Studio Orange that released couple of days ago, so that you can kinda understand their vision in animation. It's on YouTube. Some scenes looked brilliant imo. And I have a feeling that the background designs of Trigun Remake will be breathtaking, because this "Home" OVA gave me huge hopes in this subject.

Overall, yeah I can understand the frustration. I am a fan of 2D as well (especially Sakuga animations), but I feel like we have to be more open-minded about this, because the CGI usage WILL increase over time, literally almost every new studio already started using it.
Jun 17, 2022 10:56 AM

Apr 2020
I remember watching this as a kid, hopefully it's not a disaster.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jun 17, 2022 11:49 AM

Dec 2019
Studio Orange is basically claiming this as their magnum opus so i hope all the people blindly hating on cg will feel real dumb when this turns out amazing.
Jun 17, 2022 12:30 PM

Oct 2008
I am not going to lie, when I watched the original series years and years ago when it first came out, it was really average for me.

However that being said, I think an update with modern animation could really do a LOT for this story.

I will certainly be checking this out.
Jun 17, 2022 1:22 PM

Mar 2020
I was really hoping for Houseki no Kuni S2, just in time for the manga's return. Man...

bibitmeinzmk said:
Rischie said:
I am not going to lie, when I watched the original series years and years ago when it first came out, it was really average for me.

However that being said, I think an update with modern animation could really do a LOT for this story.

I will certainly be checking this out.

The animation will be CG, just so you know, if you want to see great Trigun animation I would recommend the movie.
CG animation is still animation and Studio Orange are probably the best at CG animation in the industry. Watch any of their solo projects like Houseki no Kuni or Beastars for how they do their CG, and they've done multiple behind the scenes stuff to show how they do it. So as much as I get the "muh 2d animu" sentiment, Orange is no slouch. For example, this scene from episode 3 does not exist in the manga, they literally just added it in the show to flex their skills:
Jun 17, 2022 1:34 PM
Mar 2014
Judevin said:
I was really hoping for Houseki no Kuni S2, just in time for the manga's return. Man...

bibitmeinzmk said:

The animation will be CG, just so you know, if you want to see great Trigun animation I would recommend the movie.
CG animation is still animation and Studio Orange are probably the best at CG animation in the industry. Watch any of their solo projects like Houseki no Kuni or Beastars for how they do their CG, and they've done multiple behind the scenes stuff to show how they do it. So as much as I get the "muh 2d animu" sentiment, Orange is no slouch. For example, this scene from episode 3 does not exist in the manga, they literally just added it in the show to flex their skills:

this is the best cg has to offer? it still looks terrible to me
cg at its best looks worse than the worst 2d animation
boycott CGI until they stop making it
we need to go to war with japan if they dont quit this garbage (not joking)

Jun 17, 2022 4:21 PM

Apr 2022
LucindaTheQueen said:
Next month I was planning to watch it again and I'm happy it's going to have a remake, but... Orange Studio, really? Why do it in CGI? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the style (I liked Beastars) and all the work behind it, but why Trigun? I don't think it fits the style of the story... I don't know, I don't like it. I'm not conviced.

-Raynor said:
Great! But 3D ruins everything. Why they simply can't draw it like Madhouse did earlier in their adaptation?

Do you remember all the scenes with huge moving machines? Intricate parts that turned and affected each other? Those massive guns? CGI is truly the best option for animating machines, and because this is a space western huge machines play a big part in the story. Using CGI will allow them to make mechanical elements faster, more detailed, and with more accuracy. Hopefully this will allow us to see more of the mechanical parts of the world, with detailed view of the plants, guns, and cybernetics. It's really not such a crazy idea when you remember that.
That said I do prefer the old 2d animation and Trigun's especially had a lot of charm (who can forget Vash's big red coat fluttering in the wind?) I miss the crunchiness of early aughts anime and anime today does seem to get more caught up in more technical displays of skill without considering the artistic impact of a shot. But thats a topic for another thread.
What I AM concerned about is length and pacing. Is it going to be a full season? An OVA? How long will it be. Anime's today are really leaning away from episodic structures and trimming the fat so everything serves the overall storyline. This leaves behind a lot of the fun character and world exploring episodes which were a lot of trigun's charm.
I guess I would describe myself as tentatively hopeful but prepared to be dissapointed
one of those they/thems
Jun 17, 2022 7:23 PM

Aug 2016
Good excuse to rewatch this anime after a really long time. and since the original manga was a panelling mess, will give this new version a chance

"Orange"

Oh god. Whatever I´ll wait for the trailer.
:v
Jun 17, 2022 8:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is in great hands CG wise, so I'm hyped
Jun 17, 2022 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
A continuation of my all-time favorite anime? YES PLEASE!!!!
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Jun 17, 2022 9:12 PM
Aug 2018
CG animation studio Orange!?
Jun 17, 2022 11:09 PM
Jan 2018
My excitement died down when I learned its being made by a CG studio.
Jun 17, 2022 11:39 PM

Sep 2018
FINALLY. MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

I should be happy right?
No. It’s CG. Meaning it will never be good. Why? Because no CG anime will ever top Popee the Performer, it’s just the law of nature.

Yes I’m excited, and I am interested in how the CG will interpret Nightow’s artwork, even if I prefer 2D. I hope this adapts the Maximum manga, because I feel it could really benefit from being animated. Lets just hope it’s good. And also that they get Tsuneo Imahori back for the music.
Jun 18, 2022 2:05 AM

Dec 2019
Lets gooo Im so hyped for it!
Jun 18, 2022 3:24 AM

Jul 2016
I like what I see.
I hope for an equal "deliverment" to my excitement.

"We become what we think about"

If you want to succeed in life, plant the next goal you want to achieve in your brain, and work toward achieving that goal. write as specifically as you can the path you need to go through to get to the goal, and If that is really what you wished for, work toward it, and you will achieve it.
Blog

Jun 18, 2022 6:52 AM

Oct 2019
I can finally die happy
Jun 18, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2012
I hope it is a remake because I don't like to watch the old anime
Jun 18, 2022 11:13 AM
Mar 2022
I hate cgi so much bros

dreihk said:
Studio Orange is basically claiming this as their magnum opus so i hope all the people blindly hating on cg will feel real dumb when this turns out amazing.

studio Orange: *squats on table over my meal, pulls down pants*
Me: stop shitting on my food please
You: HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S SHIT? IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!

in all seriousness, oh wow a company is saying good things about their upcoming commercial project, guess that's proof it's gonna be a masterpiece, pack it up fellas, conversation over
YAHOOGAYCHATROOMJun 18, 2022 11:40 AM
Jun 18, 2022 11:17 AM

Mar 2016
Honestly, I've heard nothing but rave about "Maximum" and the like but it was always impossible to find or even really understand where to start, so if this thing tackles that, I'm definitely curious and would want to check it out.

Trigun always had a lot of potential to me and the original anime was always a bit of a letdown in tackling those ideas for me.

CG can look good, if it looks anything like the Fire Emblem games; but if it's more of Clangserk.... eh, we'll see. It's not immediately offputting for me though, as much as I don't prefer seeing more and more CG anime vs hand drawn.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jun 18, 2022 11:36 AM
Mar 2022
AbelDande said:
ZXEAN said:
I hate CGI anime. Not watching 😞
”Tell me you haven’t watched a single show by studio Orange without saying it”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4THwaZtpD4
So what part of this looks amazing again? The janky 5 FPS movement? The drab color choices? The bland boring shot composition? Or it's a combination of those things that makes it look amazing?

Help me out here, my eyes tell me it looks like total dogshit, but MAL tells me Orange does GREAT cg! So obviously my eyes are lying to me.
YAHOOGAYCHATROOMJun 18, 2022 11:51 AM
Jun 18, 2022 4:13 PM

Mar 2016
YAHOOGAYCHATROOM said:
AbelDande said:
”Tell me you haven’t watched a single show by studio Orange without saying it”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4THwaZtpD4
So what part of this looks amazing again? The janky 5 FPS movement? The drab color choices? The bland boring shot composition? Or it's a combination of those things that makes it look amazing?

Help me out here, my eyes tell me it looks like total dogshit, but MAL tells me Orange does GREAT cg! So obviously my eyes are lying to me.

I've always wanted to ask you what you think about this kind of aesthetic anime CG, from a 2013 3DS game:

Honestly, I think it could work as an aesthetic; not every CG anime is Clangserk.

Sometimes though it just comes down to aesthetic; it might just not be someone's cup of tea, ever. I would also prefer traditional if at all possible too though.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Jun 18, 2022 4:49 PM

Sep 2018
Lame, another product of it's era that we don't need today. I pray they don't reboot something like Yuu Yuu Hakusho next lol
Jun 18, 2022 6:19 PM

Mar 2016
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Lame, another product of it's era that we don't need today. I pray they don't reboot something like Yuu Yuu Hakusho next lol

The anime of YYH was already perfect; it'd be blatant if anyone ever tried again.

Due to all this cost cutting, with 12 episode series, CG animation, I really wouldn't see the point in even wanting to try.

Jun 18, 2022 7:45 PM

Nov 2018
I'm really happy for this. I haven gotten to read the full manga story, I didn't love but also didn't dislike the anime's ending arc. I would expect the manga to be much better, maybe I'll even wait to watch this new adaptation in case that it is a "Brotherhood" style of complete adaptation.

P.S: WHERE'S OUR COMPLETE ADAPTATION OF SOUL EATER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Maybe in 2028 I guess? Since it'll be 20 years since the original adaptation started airing.
Jun 18, 2022 8:44 PM

Sep 2011
CGI + Studio Orange.

I'll give it a try since Orange are best studio in terms of CGI Animation. Hoping it was not

GRAYLIGHTNING said:

P.S: WHERE'S OUR COMPLETE ADAPTATION OF SOUL EATER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Maybe in 2028 I guess? Since it'll be 20 years since the original adaptation started airing.

Same here! Fire Force confirmed to have 3rd season while Soul Eater :(
Jun 18, 2022 8:57 PM

Feb 2019
CGI..? AH... OK

Not going to watch it.

Judevin said:

bibitmeinzmk said:

I didn't find anything great in this clip
Sakuta002766Jun 18, 2022 9:01 PM
Jun 19, 2022 6:04 AM

Jan 2020
Trigun was one of the things that really got me into anime when I was growing up. Definitely up there with my top favorite series. I even have all the manga and have read it a few times.

I'm not sure what to expect though as there doesn't seem to be very much information about this, but that visual teaser looks really good. I'd be tepid about an original story too as I really, really didn't like Badlands Rumble. But, if they do a retelling like with FMAB then I will probably go into this super hyped. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 19, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
Casual flex, but I'm the one that gave the original Trigun its current synopsis.

Not sure how I feel about CGI being utilized, but I'll reserve judgment until we see some clips
Looking forward to this mostly.
Jun 19, 2022 11:09 AM

Apr 2021
ExoticNeeds said:
CGI + Studio Orange.

I'll give it a try since Orange are best studio in terms of CGI Animation. Hoping it was not

GRAYLIGHTNING said:

Same here! Fire Force confirmed to have 3rd season while Soul Eater :(

Soul Eater is probably going to get a remake after Fire Force ends - people who read the manga know why
Jun 19, 2022 12:11 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Feels like all my old favorites are being brought back to life.
Jun 19, 2022 3:37 PM
Dec 2021
I'm looking forward to it cg can suck sometimes but orange does good work as long as it's better than Bakis' cgi I'll be happy with the story since I still watch it
Jun 20, 2022 7:17 AM

Aug 2018
Holy shit.... totally unexpected.

Time for more love for Vashu za Stampido :D

I hope they will adapt entire manga :)
Jun 20, 2022 10:00 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, the original anime is so good that it'll be hard to match up to. Still, I've heard that the anime was a loose adaption, so I guess this will be like Trigun Brotherhood.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 22, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2015
WHY CGI WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TT TT TT TT TT
Aug 12, 2022 8:24 PM
Jul 2022
DarkDooM2 said:
Being the best CG Studio really doesn't mean much when the best CG is still worse than average 2D animation.
wow this statement is so wrong in every way, CGI is still a valid form of animation like 2d. Stop with your cgi hate boners.
Oct 25, 2022 7:50 AM
Jun 2017
:( they've yassified Vash :((( tumblr from 2014 got ahold of him
Dec 21, 2022 8:01 AM
Jun 2022
WHERE'S MILLY 😭😭😭😭
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Dandadan' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
52 minutes ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

21 by Deathlydash »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Blue Lock 2nd Season' Announces Pair of Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

1 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» 'Babanbabanban Vampire' Unveils Main Cast, Production Staff, Teaser Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

1 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» Smartphone Game 'Tasokare Hotel' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

2 by Ramkec »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.