Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 26, 2021 2:51 AM

Feb 2014
It was to be expected that the final episode would be focused mainly on Futaba and Takeda and I'm glad it was. It was nice to see a little flashback, showing how the two of them first met when Futaba was new to the workplace and things didn't get off to a good start, but over time, her appreciation for Takeda has skyrocketed.

It also felt fitting to see her return to the same bar that she and Takeda went to back in episode 1 while reminiscing on her thoughts before Takeda showed to save her from a pushy drunk salaryman.

Overall, I still think this is one of the best shows this season and a generally great office Rom/Com as well. Doga Kobo did a splendid job with the production values and the OP remains a standout for this season for how catchy and well made it was.

The characters had a great chemistry and the addition of the Sakurai/Kazama pairing getting a good amount of screentime made this series even better. They didn't outshine the main pairing, thankfully, but their moments together were precious and amusing all the same.

8/10 is my final score and I would beg for the producers to make a season 2 if possible. Please let it happen!!! XD
Dec 26, 2021 3:15 AM
Jan 2016
Love this eps, really sweet moments between Igarashi and Takeda-senpai, that's what we really want isn't it? Hahaha...sweet blushing woman Igarashi and gentleman Takeda, tsundere man Kazama and straightforward cheerful woman Sakurai, perfect couples...need second season, I really enjoy this...
Dec 26, 2021 3:36 AM
May 2021
Hope this gets a S2. It was a really relaxing and wholesome anime. Crazy how fast these 12 weeks went by
Dec 26, 2021 4:46 AM
Sep 2020
Ryuseishun said:
I generally liked it for the most part, but I think most of us can safely agree that more focus on the Kazuma x Sakurai pairing would've made the series far more better IMHO.

Really? Honestly, I found the Kazuma x Sakurai pairing more dull, generic, and forced (what does she see in him?) than anything else.
Dec 26, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
A fairly typical finale for this sort of show. An enjoyable show overall, very cute and wholesome and brought to life very well by Doga Kobo throughout. I remember wondering how they would turn the fairly disjointed manga into coherent full-length episodes when this adaptation was first announced, but Doga Kobo really did a great job from start to finish.

If Ousama Ranking wasn't also airing this season, this would've definitely been my anime of the season.

8/10
Dec 26, 2021 8:40 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Takeda landed a big client at work and he's starting to become more popular at the office and getting some attention from the ladies. This makes Futab a little jealous and she starts to get lonely when they are not together. Futaba recals when she first meet Takeda and how annoying he was back then, but still protective of her when Futaba is in trouble.

Overall this was a very wholesome series and I really like the dynamics between Takeda and Futaba. It's obvious has feelings for Takeda, but Takeda doesn't see it that way because he's not a lolicon and that's fine. Their interactions create a psudo daddy daughter relationship whenever they are together. If Futaba ends up being with some one else, Takeda won't get mad or jealous. He'll be very happy for her.

I never really bought into Sakurai and Kazuma having a serious relationship. The two of them don't have any real chemistry besides being co workers. Kazuma is too insecure to confess to Sakurai because he knows he's punching above his weight class with just by being with her and he's no different from the other guys that are gawking at her because she's physically attractive. Sakurai on the other hand is one of those types that thinks she's too pretty to be in a relationship and constantly turns down any guy that tries to confess to her. She's also insecure about her feelings for Kazuma whenever they are alone because what's so special about Kazuma? Sure he's seems like a nice and somewhat reliable guy, but so it Takeda.

8/10.
Dec 26, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2021
Was a good slice of life, not something I will rewatch or remember forever but entertaining.
Dec 26, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2021
Full wholesome episode 10/10, hope it will get another season soon
Dec 26, 2021 10:43 AM
May 2020
i felt very nostalgic for some reason
Dec 26, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2018
Welp it's the finale.....too bad it wasn't much into my liking
Dec 26, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good last episode.
Igarashi remembered what she went through with Takeda and saw the importance he has in her life now.
Now just wait and see if there will be a second season.
asdasdsadad
Dec 26, 2021 1:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Love that this fell on Christmas! (Meant to post this yesterday but mal absolutely would not let me) And this final episode was great, Igarashi got to help out Takeda like she wanted to, and we got to see her first day at work and first time meeting Takeda, asking if she was on a field trip was hilarious, best first impression. The moment when he saved her from the drunk guy was really nice too, man said screw those babes, I wanna hang with my little green Kouhai, which led to a nice moment between them at the very end. Also loved the after credits umbrella scene, very nice way to wrap up such a good show.

And that was the end, I can say without a doubt that this was a favorite of mine this season. I not only loved the main couple of Igarashi and Takeda, but I also loved the bonus pairing of Sakurai and Kazama, if not more so. That combo of couples mixed with the large amount wholesome and comedic moments made this a very good watch, and I can’t forget side characters like Natsumi Mona, they were both great as well. I really loved this one and would love to see it get another season at some point. And a late merry Christmas to those that celebrate, loved spending it with this anime.
Dec 26, 2021 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Will miss the characters. Definitely gonna read the manga.

After credit ba..ba...bahahaha was adorable xD
Dec 26, 2021 3:41 PM
Mar 2012
Decent. main is a great work partners. Real surprise is how nice the Kazama Sakurai side ship got.
Other friend/relations could've got more screentime, like Mona. Parts got repetitive when there's enough characters potential to balance the show better.
Dec 26, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2017
I did not watch too many seasonals this year, but I think it's safe to say that this is my anime of the year.

I enjoyed every episode and I really hope we get a second season sometime in the future.
Dec 26, 2021 5:46 PM

Jan 2021
A lot of people are giving this show high scores but honestly I felt like this was the most mid show of the year. It was a boring show that didn't add or say anything new. I also hated how the main girl character cried in every episode over stupid nonsense.
Dec 26, 2021 8:20 PM

Feb 2014
Damn gonna miss the cast. Especially Mona, she needed more screen-time.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 26, 2021 9:27 PM

Jul 2014
Nice way to end the season focusing on our main couple. It was great to see their progress (though not romantic yet) from their first hilarious meeting on Futaba's first day at work (Sakurai lol) to now. It's really nice to see how much Takeda cares for Futaba <3.

That said, I liked Sakurai x Kazama better. Sakurai best girl, Saori Hayami is too strong xD. Natsumi was a strong contender though.

One thing that surprised me was Aoi Koga voicing Mona. The voice she uses is so different from her usual anime voice that it's hard to recognize her.

One thing I wasn't a fan of was Yuuto's voice. I like Yui Horie but I didn't like her shota voice.

OP was great, another one of my favorites of the season. Such a fun and energetic opening.

And I guess that's it. I had my doubts at first because of the height difference and some comments from manga readers but by the time I watched the first episode I was loving it already. Pretty fun show that I'm going to miss it.
Dec 26, 2021 10:30 PM

Apr 2020
One of my favorites of this season ended off in an acceptable note. I love that they showed the first moment that Igarashi and Takeda met together, it was fun watching her when she was a new hire. And for that, I'll give it an 8/10. Nothing much to say here, I've expressed my love for this over and over in the past episodes, and hey if Doga Kobo is generous enough, then we'll gladly take that S2 if it ever happens.
Dec 27, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
She said the thing.... I mean the title lol

Good Bonding episode that doesn't feel like Season Finale.

Overall fun, wholesome and relatable series, you know it's kinda nice not having the setting in high school again since I'm already adult and working in an office as well.

Solid Good First Season 7/10
Hope there will be another Season, tbh i want more Sakurai and Kazama.
davidyodo24Dec 27, 2021 9:02 AM
Dec 27, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2021
Cannot believe it's over :( need s2 ASAP
Dec 27, 2021 3:16 PM

Feb 2020
well,,,ok. 12 episodes and they still failed to make igarashi & takeda seem like anything more than a comedy duo. 5/10 natsumi best girl
Dec 27, 2021 11:06 PM
Feb 2021
Loved it
8/10 πŸ”₯
Dec 28, 2021 1:12 AM

Apr 2021
It was a fun and enjoying ride with all the characters. Will definitely miss it! Best therapy series this season.

Dec 28, 2021 7:49 AM

Aug 2018
Sakurai x Kazama = boring and kind of annoying to watch.

Igarashi x Takeda = predictable but charming to watch.

Natsumi x Yuuto = what the fuck?

Honestly I don't think the office setting helped this anime at all. It's already cliched so why not just make it happen in a school club so the writer didn't have to fumble around pretending he knows what it's like to have an office romance? Plus there were too many couples distracting from the main duo.

Sakurai x Kazama were really boring and frustrating to watch. They're adults? Coulda fooled me because they act like middle school kids with their first crush. And it's weird, she likes him because he doesn't judge by looks, right? but if that's the case why does she constantly remark on him staring at her boobs? Igarashi was turning into a stereotypical violent tsundere by the end, literally beat the hell and knocked that dude out cold and everyone just acts like it's normal for that to happen. And how the hell did Takeda not notice Futaba has feelings for him? She blushes pretty much every time he looks her way. Even a little kid would notice that! I wanted to see him get bashful just once. JUST ONCE.

Natsumi x Yuuto just seems like an afterthought to fuel weird doujins.

Basically it's a 6.5 but because I am nice I round it up instead of down. I do want to see a season 2 but I won't care too much if it never happens.
epidemia78Dec 28, 2021 8:03 AM
Dec 28, 2021 11:03 AM

Jan 2020
Man this anime was such a blast to watch. The 2 main pairings were so adorable and I’d love to see them progress even more. I really hope (and honestly expect) a S2, especially since Uzaki and Nagatoro got 2nd seasons as well.
Dec 28, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2020
Cevoy said:
I did not watch too many seasonals this year, but I think it's safe to say that this is my anime of the year.

I enjoyed every episode and I really hope we get a second season sometime in the future.

This was really good, but it seems you’re missing out on the real AOTY Mushoku Tensei and Ranking of Kings. I can’t recall another season with 2 top tier anime like that.
Dec 28, 2021 8:42 PM
May 2020
Going to miss the OP of this series!

Dec 28, 2021 10:10 PM
Jan 2021
I know it's how 90% of anime like this are also guilty of this but I'm still kinda sad at how little progress is made between futaba & takeda. Was hoping at least for more of a romantic moment between them at the end but instead it's more of a friendly one. We got more progress between Kazuma & Sakurai in the series overall & honestly I like them more than the mains because of it.
Dec 29, 2021 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
This was so nice like damn. It feels good how a show could brighten and show me a rose colored story when life is so hard right now. Senpai ga Uzai is one of the evidences that all you need is simplicity and do things right to make a compelling entertainment. Got a lot of good tiktok videos out of this, it was just so wholesome.
removed-userDec 29, 2021 6:02 PM
Dec 29, 2021 7:49 PM

Dec 2017
Animillion said:
Cevoy said:

This was really good, but it seems you’re missing out on the real AOTY Mushoku Tensei and Ranking of Kings. I can’t recall another season with 2 top tier anime like that.

I have seen Mushoku Tensei, and my statement still stands.

Not seen Ranking yet tho, but I have it on ptw.
Dec 29, 2021 10:33 PM
May 2013
Needs a 2nd season. Not satisfied until they start dating. They made a lot of progress together as co-workers and friends, but neither has confessed. They didn't even hold hands. Feelsbadman.
Dec 30, 2021 11:19 AM

Jun 2021
To be honest, this episode felt more as a pilot than as a finale, which is odd. I also would have liked seeing more of Natsumi, Yuuto-kun, Sakurai-san and Kazama-kun, especially the latter two.

Looking at it on the bright side, though, it may mean that this was not the end of the series and a second season could be on its way. I really hope that is the case as I definitely consider this show as worthy of a spot in my top 3 animes of the Fall 2021 season.
Dec 30, 2021 9:35 PM

Sep 2018
Anime of the season, good stuff and kept me entertained throughout the whole thing. 9/10.
Dec 31, 2021 9:50 AM
Dec 2017
The ending showed that there is an opening for a second season. I believe the performance was enough for this, let's see how BD sales and streaming views fared. I cheer for a sequel!

I noticed some doubts from people and even high expectations that people had in relation to the Futaba x Takeda couple. For those who have read or are still following Shiromanta's comics, you know that the couple's relationship is mainly based on comic moments and affectionate speeches, but they never get to admit their feelings to each other. No, Takeda doesn't see Futaba as his daughter. I suggest you read the comic, but at a certain point in the manga there are strong indications that Takeda admits to being jealous ("irritated") of other men approaching Igarashi. In another moment he is asked by Kazama why he tends to walk at the same pace as Futaba. Takeda then interferes and prevents Kazama from revealing this to the young kouhai. In other words, Takeda treats her differently.
Yes, it's small details of the story that make you think that Futaba x Takeda's relationship follows a slower pace, but pleasant and genuine. And yes, it's different from the Sakurai x Kazama dynamic. This does not mean that a couple can be better or worse than the other, but that each has its own peculiarities and complexities. It is not a criticism of any opinion, it is just an observation.

It's for you to think about! Furthermore, the story has to be prolonged somehow, which is why it takes Igarashi so long to take his steps towards acceptance of his love.
Jan 1, 2022 5:03 AM

Jun 2020
Takeda's leading the whole company with ensuring big contracts well as expected for a big guy

Okay Igarashi feeling a bit jealous of Takeda's popularity among women, Of course the first day flashback of Igarashi in the office and of course Takeda was annoying day one

Takeda to save the day some are not really safe outside especially when you're alone these days but that perfectly timed moment was expected, Igarashi blushing like a ripening tomato.

This was a fun little office rom-com if you think of it the light mood environment to the tense workload that comes in every day and that sweet sweet breaks from the office sure make it up, I enjoyed every episode to say the least and I'll miss this Businessman Thanos and this chibi Gamora liked this season hoping for a second cour.
Jan 1, 2022 9:57 AM

Feb 2012
Damn, Futaba's had been dealing with coworkers infantalizing her (even unintentionally) since her first day there.

Takeda swoops to stop a harasser when she goes to the pub alone.

Aww, they did the umbrella thing

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 2, 2022 9:57 PM

Aug 2020
Swagernator said:
You guys remember all the TV/anime shows that you always find in all kinds of gifs/yt videos that you find funny, like Monty Python and The Holy Grail for example ? Like you watch the gifs/yt videos and you laugh hard ... but then you decide to watch the entire thing and you like, i laughed twice. Well, this show kinda reminds me that.

I used to just skim through the manga chapters, not even reading the text, just funny gags and scenes. And that is kinda what this show is worth.

Also i would wish to work in Japan, such a sweet working conditions full of wonderful people, with nice working hours and after work chill.

HAHAHAH yeah you would not want to work in Japan dude I *guarantee* you that
Jan 4, 2022 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
Really enjoyed this episode, god series overall. As someone who is short, the part about Igarashi being treated as a kid is so relatable, even the interns at my office treat me like I'm younger than them lol.
Jan 8, 2022 11:40 AM

Jun 2019
Well, there it is. The finale where the main cast was focused more towards the end. Loved the dynamic of this show. Futaba is adorable. Takeda is a nice senpai and Sakurai and Kazama is the best couple in this show. Would love to see another season.
Jan 15, 2022 2:05 AM
Aug 2021
What an unexpected gem! Definitely hope this does well enough for a season 2.

8/10
Jan 16, 2022 12:53 PM

Feb 2014
Got kinda of boring after the 1st half and repetitive. If they had confessed seriously for each other or something.. instead of these wishy-washy moments, then it would have been a differential, but as expected... nope.

6/10
Jan 24, 2022 4:40 PM

May 2021
The first day at office in the final episode of the season. Good.
Was decently entertaining tho it got a bit repetitive. That dialogue between these two made for a fine ending.
Finally understood the meaning of "My Senpai is Annoying".
RioFSJan 24, 2022 4:43 PM

Jan 27, 2022 2:33 PM
Aug 2010
I really wish there was a 0.5 rating system here as well, like on mdl. I liked the anime quite a bit for what it was, but I really wanted to have more substory or anything else going on besides 2 on 2 conversations all the time in random locations. Like I mentioned before, I liked the supporting character romance much more until the end, which should be normally not be the case in any Story. I feel like 7 is too bad, but 8 seems almost too good for a rating. Overall a 7,4/10 for me
smX89Mar 15, 2022 12:55 PM
Feb 3, 2022 11:05 PM

Nov 2017
Underutilized characters, no development, missed its potential by miles. Too unthreatening SOL. Had high hopes. Too bad.

Does the manga get dramatically better?

Liked main, didn't like secondary. Nothing will go well for her, sad.

Athletic girl needed a turn, too vanilla. Young boy was boring. Does this even have a future (their relationship)? Guess not.
Feb 24, 2022 4:07 AM

Mar 2013
I really will miss this series and was hoping for more episodes! Hoping to get another season if it's possible. >.< Such a great and heartwarming series this is.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 25, 2022 5:23 AM

May 2020
pretty fun and wholesome anime
hopefully we get a second season

solid 8/10

Mar 3, 2022 9:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Okay episode, it was interesting to see how they first meet, but really, the best moments of this anime came from the side couple, Sakurai has such an attrative personality to hers, the last couple of episodes were better than this final one, because she apperared more.

I have no problems with Takeda, in some regards he is similiar to me, so I dig his character, but Igarashi IMO didnt have the requirements to be the main ship for this, there is just something about her that could have been a lot better, she is not a bad character, but it is crucial to dig the ship, and Sakurai x Kazama eclipsed them both at the end of it, while being only side characters, which meant they are supposed to appear less.

TBH was expecting a bit more, but a few episodes in, I realized I would probably end up feeling like this, so it is not like I could call this show disappointing, but romcom outside the school setting, focused on older characters, are so rare, so I kinda wanted this to be better.

Igarashi's grandpa was really cool, I loved his intereactions with Takeda the best.
Unless they do a S2, I probably wont follow the manga, may check the ending whenever it ends, otherwise, a pity that Igarashi just didnt work for me.

Would have been tons more enjoyable if it had otherwise, still what is here, managed to be enjoyable with some good highlights.

(Tiny characters like her can work, I ADORE Taiga from Toradora, so maybe if she was more like Taiga, I could see myself enjoying her more)

7.4/10 = 8
PlaycoolMar 3, 2022 9:26 AM
Mar 10, 2022 12:54 PM

Oct 2008
Was an enjoyable series, nothing out of ordinary though. I enjoyed the Sakurai and Kazama side of the story more than the main pairing, they relationship felt like it made much more progress. Kind of a shame that Takeda felt nothing more than a co worker feeling towards Igarashi until the very end.
Mar 10, 2022 10:51 PM

Jul 2019
This was lovely! Hopefully they make a second season with actual dating. That would be sweet!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

84 by Nsb07 »»
Jul 11, 3:12 PM

» describe this anime in one sentence

Sch4n - Dec 28, 2021

45 by BigBoyAdvance »»
May 19, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Best girl? (Poll)

An_Je942 - Dec 27, 2021

29 by BigBoyAdvance »»
May 19, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2021

168 by BigBoyAdvance »»
May 18, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.